Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Vetyver Fragonard for men

Vetyver Fragonard for men
dislike

Vetyver Fragonard for men Pictures Vetyver Fragonard for men Pictures Vetyver Fragonard for men Pictures

Vetyver by Fragonard is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Top notes are incense, grapefruit and neroli; middle notes are peony, balsam fir and leather; base notes are vetiver, benzoin and musk.

Incense Grapefruit Neroli

Peony Balsam Fir Leather

Vetiver Benzoin Musk

Tsar

Vetyver Fragrance Reviews

CGV
CGV

A very classy, well mannered take on Vetyver with slight grapefruit and pine aspects nicely playing their role while inviting some light woods to help the drydown. Intelligent fragrance for spring and summer. It stays linear with no major development from start to drydown and the performance is OK. Overall a pleasant and manly Edt with a positive, bright character. Bought it in 2006 in St Paul de Vence and the juice is still the same, a sign of good quality (and the right storage).

cytherian
cytherian

My bottle is from the earlier release, the "squashed hexagon" style (rectangular shape with pointed sides) with black cap.

Starts out very "old school woody" smelling. Reminds me of the original Gucci Pour Homme but with vetiver added.

Very easy going vetiver. No challenge here, but quite enjoyable. The balsam fir, benzoin, and incense notes work well with the vetiver, bringing out a green soft spiciness that tames the typical harsh edge of vetiver.

Sillage isn't all that strong. Start out bold but quickly dries down to a narrow field. Longevity is rather lacking on skin, but get some on your clothes and it lasts longer.

I like it. I wouldn't pay full retail, but if you can find it for about 2ml/$1 I'd say you wouldn't be disappointed.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

I had a set of 6 ml vintage minis/ travel bottles of Fragonard men's fragrances. This was one of my favorites in that set, sold at the Fragonard museum in Grasse. Ironically, I ended up gifting a similar set to a friend, who then took them with him when he traveled to France, coming full circle.

This is a very natural, earthy and rooty vetiver, with just the right amount of grapefruit to open. Grapefruit is one of my favorite citrus notes, but it can be tricky. In this one, the grapefruit is kind of loud, but not sour, and calms down fairly quickly. I think it is the subtle smokiness that makes this one a favorite. Warm, woody, and with a distinct balsam fir note. Not piney so much as balmy. A true balsam fir, reminding me of those little balsam fir pillows stuffed with needles, or the original balsam fir insense sold in Maine and Germany, but nuanced.

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

I believe this 'Vetyver' has repackaged as "Les Naturelles: Vetiver." In which case it is an extremely pleasant scent. Balmy, warm spicy, citrus, green, fresh describe this fragrance in that order. Mild, lovely everday/every season shower fresh fragrance with decent longevity.

pom
pom

Brought it from Fragonard museum at Grasse 2 years ago. It was love at first sight.
Great for summer. love love

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

A little old fashion but comforting. Maybe too much fir balsam (pine tree)but good quality for value.

philippmauch
philippmauch

Hey guys,
call me stupid but I´va no clue where to get Fragonard ... any ideas? I´d really appreciate!
Thanks in advance and have an nice day!
Philipp

michau

Why, why, why Fragonard discountinued this one and replaced it with Terre d'Hermes clone is a mystery. Shame.

missan
missan

Coincidentally I stumbled upon some Fragonards for men in a little shop. I bought one from each untested. This was one of them. It´s really a lovely dry vetiver with a little touch of pine and cedar. Love it.

Sashinka
Sashinka

My husband owns this and I really like it on him. We bought it at the Fragonard perfume museum in Paris along with the shower gel.

michau

Misty morning after rainy night, late summer day at the lake lost among pine trees. For the Polish: smell of morning at Mazury lakes.
Fragonard's Vetyver evokes such scene in my mind.

da_markos
da_markos

quite hard, but nice fragrance. opening is very strong, i may say that in retro way... for about first hour it smels like old shaving cream. after that it turns into nice, linear vetiver scent. it's long lasting - after 14 h i can still notice it on my wrist (when i stick my hand to the nose). during dry down i think that i can also smell pine tree.
i my opinion it should be tested by terre d'hermes fans. i think some of them will find this perfume interesting

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard Vetyver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fragonard Vetyver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetyver by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetyver by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.