Designers » F-H » Chypre « Groups

Molto Smalto Francesco Smalto for men

Molto Smalto Francesco Smalto for men
dislike

Molto Smalto was launched in 1993. Top notes: lemon, lavender, coriander and rosemary. Heart: lily of the valley, jasmine, geranium and clary sage. Base: cedar, sandalwood, musk and amber.

Available as 30 and 100 ml EDT.

Lavender Rosemary Coriander Amalfi Lemon

Jasmine Geranium Lily-of-the-Valley Clary Sage

Musk Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Amber

Molto Smalto Fragrance Reviews

iconoclast
iconoclast

Although I think it's an all season scent, I've been using this regularly over the winter, and am impressed by the quality of its ingredients. I'm not overly keen with the opening of the fragrance where I think the copious amounts sandalwood and lavender jar with me. Thankfully it dries down into a more balanced blend with the amber giving it a nice creamy touch. Overall, it's good and also as far I'm aware both unique and rare. Recommended, despite being just a touch overrated in my opinion.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I am very sad this was discontinued ..This is a unique fragrance you can spot in a thousand one ..It 's for an elegant , man of the world , confident enough in his goals & self ..This embodies Smalto 's sense of elegance & style for men.. Among his clients were Belmondo , Alain Delon , King El-Hassan II of Morocco maybe Omar Sharif and endless group of celebrities & elite men ...It's for an elegant young man who can pull a suit as easily as he can pull a simple shirt showing his manly physique ...

word-doctor
word-doctor

I bought a mini of this thinking to save it for summer--you know, that season when it's warm? I was reminded today that Houston has a very extended summer, so I whapped on some Molto and ventured into a mid-80s November day.

This goes on very floral and herbaceous, moves through other floral and herb notes, and winds up with a sweet floral/musk blend. Good blend. It is soft and has decent sillage and longevity. Reminds me of Bvlgari Soir and even a little bit of GIT; understand, though that I am profoundly undiscerning about anything that doesn't explode out of the disco and Reagan eras. And it's for that reason that I won't buy a full bottle--this doesn't move me and is not my style.

Edit: I need to remember that non-bomb frags require a more liberal hand to get the full effect. What I'd detected with a light application was florals and a little musk. What I got with with a heavy hit from the splash bottle is a floral beginning that dries down in an hour to a very creamy amber/musk/sandalwood that my wife likes a lot. Still may be too light/sweet, but it's high quality and I may buy another mini... avoiding contempt prior to investigation these days.

Scent: 7/10 (but not for me)
Sillage: 6/10

ericrico
ericrico

Wow - fantastic juice! Discontinued sadly, but this is truly awesome stuff! I get the connection to Eternity, but the juice is fuller, less synthetic (to current formulation Eternity) and very masculine. I get a blast of coriander, lavender & rosemary with fresh-squeezed orange and lemon followed by a very key note, clary sage. That transcends into the heart with some nice warm florals but the strength and power come from the basenotes of amber, musk and sandalwood (very rich). I don't get a chypre-vibe at all from this, at least not in the traditional sense. If I was blind-smelling this - I would say a Fresh/Aromatic Fougere-vibe with an oriental spiciness underneath the great crisp and warm fresh notes. Very nice blended wood and floral notes in the composition make it sing. Categories aside...terrific. 8.5+/10 and a grin on my face. ;-)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Cast from the same mold as Eternity, Cool Water, and Drakkar Noir, Molto Smalto is a spicy, fresh, wet-shaver variation on the thematically blue-to-black fragrances of the late '80s/early '90s. It's strong, it's masculine, and it's packed with lavender, sage, sandalwood, and musk. Too bad it's discontinued.

This seems like it's going to be a Cool Water or Eternity for Men type of fragrance, but it soon goes in a different direction. You get the sweetness of Cool Water, but not the "fresh" dihydromyrcenol overload. Instead, Molto Smalto retains the sweetness (along with a somewhat powdery quality) for a long time, and the wood note (sandalwood-oriented) is much more interesting. Perhaps the best way to think of it as a kind of cross between a Joop! Homme scent and a Cool Water one, and it's a great idea, though of course some may not like it for one reason or another. It's inoffensive but has just enough of an "edge" to place it above the usual "men's" office/school fragrance. Longevity and projection/"sillage" are at least very good.

UPDATE: I'm enjoying this one more and more. I think it's because it does everything I want with economy and excellent-quality ingredients (note contrast, dynamism, balance, etc.).

UPDATE #2: What's great about this one is that the "brightness" lasts a very long time, but never gets cloying or is in any way irritating. I don't get any metallic qualites (which can be aldehydes), and while there is a little sharpness (rosemary and lavender, presumably) there's always a powdery aspect that keeps it in check. It's also a little sweet but never cotton candy sweet. Overall, this is an excellent fragrance in terms of balance, naturalness, dynamism, and complexity (that is, it's just complex enough to not come across as simple).

Molto Smalto by Francesco Smalto 4.50 out of 5 based on 17 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Francesco Smalto Molto Smalto fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Francesco Smalto Molto Smalto, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Molto Smalto by Francesco Smalto. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Molto Smalto by Francesco Smalto represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.