Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

1270 Frapin for women and men
dislike

honey
1270 Frapin for women and men Pictures 1270 Frapin for women and men Pictures

1270 is the year when the Frapin family founded their brand (as said nowadays, they became famous for wine and grapes for wine, later they started their distillery) in the Cogniac region in France and production of cogniac continued till today. Grat-granddughter to Pierre Frapin, Beatrice Cointreau, created a precious fragrance which touches aromas of cogniac basements and the whole environment, nature.

The perfume is created of dried orange, hazelnut, resins, dried plums, cocoa, tonka and coffee in top notes. A heart encompasses vine blossom, linden tree, pepper and spices, while a base brings us precious wood, Guaiac wood, white honey and vanilla.

The perfume is available as 100ml edp. 1270 was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Sidonie Lancesseur.

Orange Resin Cacao Coffee Tonka Bean Pineapple Dried Plum

Speakeasy

1270 Fragrance Reviews

Scentmad
Scentmad

Heady mix of raisins, cognac, honey, woods with an elegant savoury note to counterbalance the sweetness. I received this this morning and couldn't wait to try. Lovely. I think this is a really delicious unisex fragrance.

mell
mell

A grown up gourmand. This does for gourmands what Mitsouko does for chypres .Boozy fruity elegant luxury. It smells of booze cigars coffee and richly heavy fruit compote.It is decadent the very best that money can buy. It is hedonistic epicurean and comforting all at the same time.It makes you drift away to another time another world another lifestyle. Your mind drifts to the world the beautiful fragrance conjures. A wonderful muse for fantasies. Delicious realistic foodie heaven.
The only downside for me is it does not project and I like to smell wafts of my perfume during the day .I had no problem with the longevity. I solved the projection I sprayed it on my scarf so had it under my nose all day .This worked perfectly. A lovely comforting hug for dreary winter days.

Oh lord thankyou for 1270!!!
I'd read the note breakdown for this fragrance and thought how perfect it sounded but past experience has taught me to expect disappointment.
Finally got my hands on a sample and I'm so glad it delivered!
The pineapple note is the first thing that hits you and it's sweet and realistic then there's a coffee, patchouli, cacao, vanilla wonderfully Nutty gourmand thing.
1270 is a class act from start to finish it makes you smell edible...positively edible. I don't mean this in a ridiculous sense but in a deeply sensual way. The pineapple is persistent and you do get a jammy, plummy little bit figgy thing too it's an immense fragrance.
If you couldn't tell I adore this scent my first impressions have been very good however it didn't last very long on my skin. Once again a second wear should yield answers regarding longevity.

Update: Upon wearing a second time I'm just as captivated as when I first caught a whiff of this lovely juice. To me the prominent notes are pineapple, cacao and wood. It's almost like a pineapple upside-down cake covered in nutella, it has a kind of caramelized quality without being too sweet. I think that's because of the honey element and the fact that it doesn't feel 'blended' particularly, more like the pineapple sits right on the top and feels juicy and clear compared to the warm,sweet base. I adore this fragrance and really want it but the performance is a bit of a let down and it doesn't project. Despite this it smells really really good and before I got so heavily into niche fragrances I would be prepared to put up with some minor short comings. (Something like Tom Ford For Men springs to mind.) for this reason and the fact that the price is high but not extortionate I will still consider getting this.

fayez188

جنسي
عذب اخاذ

99twiga
99twiga

A bit on the ladies side of the unisex measure

Opens with something akin to pineapple, or apple, or pear or a fruit that is a combination of all three. This is the best part and fades in less than a minute.

Basic honey after that, maybe with a little fruit juice nearby. Not a lot happening here.
Sillage 1/5
Longevity 0-1/5

Pleasant, but, more of a food approximation than a fragrance(something one loves to wear)

jedikitty
jedikitty

I'm testing my tiny sample right now, and getting a whole lot of honey, resin and vanilla from start to finish. These three notes last till the very late drydown, some 4 hours later. Other than those notes, I do get some fruits - mostly prunes, and nuts mix in there too, but no linden (unless it has drowned in honey note), no flowers and, sadly, no coffee.

If there is orange and cacao in there, it does not come through on my skin at all. Same for pepper and/or spices. I think, pepper would give it that nice gentle kick, so I'm quite disappointed that I cannot detect it, at all.

To sum it up then:
Quite delicious but, with all that honey and vanilla, also quite uneventful. Despite that, I actually love it! This almost "edible" arrangement seems to make an excellent antidote to the wintry blahs I'm currently blessed with.
Would I buy a full size of 1270 Frapin? Yes, someday, when I can afford it. For now, I think I can get my vanilla overdose from Burberry which is much more affordable, and lasts just as long, if not longer.

Longevity: about 4 hours
Sillage: soft to moderate

hadassa
hadassa

Light summery gourmand, totally unisex, would work wonders on a man I think.

I get lots of pineapples in the opening, and after that the woodiness unfolds, slightly powdered with tonka.

Very lovely, although too light.

josevancouver
josevancouver

This is a beautiful fragrance....a niche version of Pure Malt with more natural ingredients. Is the longevity on this fragrance as bad as the reviews I read? No. I get a good 5 hours with 3 strong sprays. I also created my own scent lotion, mixing a small tub of unscented moisturizer with about 8 sprays and mixed it overnight with the lid screwed down.

This scent is gorgeous.

TeaforTwo
TeaforTwo

This is a stunning, grown-up gourmand. The mouthwateringly juicy plum in the opening is amazing, and, what's even nicer, it is still detectable later on, when the fragrance dries down to a very refined, sweet-woody-boozy powder. A comparison with Botrytis would be obvious, but where Botrytis has a slight tendency to become overly sweet, this stays balanced throughout. The best gourmand for those of us wary of saccharine scents: it is tasty, but never cloying.

joplinbaby
joplinbaby

the opening is great, but after 3 minutes this scent is gone

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

NICE & EASY GOURMAND

The opening is fruity with some other notes (hard to detect) giving it some depth.
After a short amount of time, the fruit remains, and the vanilla and cacao peek thru.

After an hour, the fruit disappears, leaving a very pleasant vanilla/cacao/coffee.

Not overly sweet - it's a wearable gourmand from beginning to end.

freddinos
freddinos

I bought a sample from a reputable seller, even though I was sure I would love it and was ready to blind buy it even! It could have been the perhaps incorrectly decanted sample (which I doubt because the rest of my purchases were perfect!) or my skin chemistry, but all I got was pineapple. I wanted spices, cognac, warmth and coziness but fruity and very realistic pineapple was all I got on my skin. A huge disappointment, but will definitely try buying another sample from elsewhere, this sounds too good to pass up at first try:)

antfarm
antfarm

I loved this at first. It smelled like cinnamon, cognac, and blueberry cobbler. It gave me that warm, satisfying feeling like I was with family at a winter holiday brunch.

Now a half hour later it only really smells like burned butter and resin, with a sharp "sugar" note thrown into the mix. Not fair.

lyolya
lyolya

It would be a strange choice for someone who doesn't even like/drink cognac, but...love at first sniff! Warm and cozy, this scent envelops you and carries away. A co-worker told me that a woman wearing this scent does not belong in the mundane office environment, more like a gent's club where expensive cigars are being smoked, expensive leathers are everywhere you look, expensive drinks are being poured.
No great projection or longevity. It is a very intimate scent. However, and maybe for this exact reason, I want to hold on to it and never let it go.

kris919
kris919

The opening made me fall in love with this perfume. best opening ever! I couldn't believe how good this smelled. it's a delicious raisin/plummy/sweet honey/coffee/vanilla combo. Incredibly blended. I've heard a couple people say this reminds them of butterscotch, and I can see that too I guess. 1270 has two distinct phases on my skin. 1st- the awesome opening which lasts an hour or two. 2nd- a subtle vanilla drydown that goes away way too quickly. This perfume lasts a total of about 2 to 3 hours on me. This would be my signature if not for the poor longevity. Still and all, I will always always own a bottle of this, no matter how quick it disappears on me. love it love it love it

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

Yeah baby - what a delicious fragrance. Sexy as hell.

This is as gourmand as they come, but not in a sugary dessert way at all.

Rich and boozy, deep ripe fruits, spices, a hint of coffee and lots of gorgeous honey and vanilla. Somehow this all comes together in a really good way and makes Frapin 1270.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Wow, this is really very different. Right out of the bottle...I was like holy pineapple. The fruit lasts a lot longer than I thought it would. Now the sweetness of the fruit is blending with the coffee and spices and it has almost a smokiness to it. And thru all of this the booze keeps pushing itself forward. This has been such a fun scent to try and figure out. Definitely not linear. Sometimes scents can smell like a big hot mess when this many notes are listed but in this case they work beautifully together like the ebb and flow of ocean waves. This does not scream "Look at me". This seductively lures you over. Really a treat for the senses!!! At first I wasn't sure if I would order a FB but after the first hour I am all in. Seriously, get your hands on a sample and go on a wild ride!!! Fantastic!!!

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

I bought a bottle of this after doing some guided sniffing at a perfume shop. Initially I loved it, a rich gourmand scent with my favorite vanilla tonka accord. Yum. Sniffing it was so satisfying with the pineapple, plum and coffee smells and it was sweet and somehow chewy like Panforte. My only hesitation was that it was maybe too masculine for me. Well I got over the masculine problem but what finally kept this from being a "love" is the longevity. On me it doesn't last more than six hours and if I'm going to spend this kind of money I'd like it to last all day. Also, as the weather has gotten warmer, I've found it somehow smells more musky and manly. I'll try it again in when the weather cools down and I'm looking for a comfort perfume for the evening.

tbook15
tbook15

As soon as i put this on my skin i got an amazing and refreshing pineapple note. That was so authentic and amazing but then after 10 seconds its gone. Then it turns to the honey and boozey notes. Very nice and classy, the drydown is somewhat reminiscent of the pure malt. Great scent and lasts a solid amount of time but doesnt project at all.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

1270 is strange because for me it opens with an airy passionfruit note with hints of orange and booze.

This would seem heavenly for some but just sits oddly with me because the fruit is constantly showing more of an orangey side than the lemon/grapefruit I prefer with safer choices.

But then it uses very fine ingredients - boozy is always warming and classy - and other gourmand stuff like prunes with amber is really enjoyable. And it's very sweet.

But it's also a blend rather than a defined pyramid so if one doesn't like any one note in here, it can cause problems on paying $100 for the bottle. A case of too many cooks - maybe because there are *loads of fine notes here!

I would have loved a blend centered around the dried fruit, rare Guiac wood and amber for a more bold amber oriental feel, instead of the airy 'skewed' fruit-punch mix.

So this for me is a pass - give and take, but candy-creme orange passionfruit lovers will , well, love this!

3/5.

Lubylikes
Lubylikes

Pleasantly booze-lite yet slightly medicinal (kinda like sweetened bandaids?) It is gourmand, buttery; I can smell all of the notes listed with balminess resting on vanilla coffee. It is a bit headachy sweet with resin and pineapple on top and that lasts for a while.

I can see why many love this frag, its nice and smells warm, like a coffee bar on an overcast day but I prefer resins and beans in the base and would rather drink my cognac than wear it however I keep coming back to this.

Gooey, fruity perfumes are not really my thing, and upon application Frapin 1270 FRAPIN seemed way too sweet to me. I shrugged to myself, "another celebrity-esque niche launch?" Fortunately, the sweetness subsided to some extent after that, eventually producing a relatively pleasant gourmand scent.

Still, I cannot join in with those who have heaped praise upon this perfume. It seems like such a jumble of gourmand elements--everything but the kitchen sink (dried fruits, plum, honey, the list goes on and on...) appears to be here, and I am not at all sure why. To be honest, even though the sweetness diminishes after the opening, 1270 Frapin ends by making me feel as though I need to go take a bath before ants hunt me down to crawl all over my body.

Well, like I said, this is not really my sort of thing. People who like very sweet perfumes will find that this one smells more natural than many.

del
del

Frapin 1270 is a delicious gourmandish scent. The sweetness is soft, yet creamy, caramely with some nuts in the middle. Overall, it is warm, boozy, and intoxicating with a nice vanilla drydown. Judging the scent alone, I think Frapin 1270 is a fantastic juice – it’s one of the few fragrances that made me smile upon initial application.

The longevity is just decent using my dab vial, and it seems to sit closely on my skin, but I’m getting faint whiffs of it ocassionally. Frapin 1270 needs to be unleashed from the spray bottle, it is that good!

javagirl1972
javagirl1972

I just bought a sample from Perfumed Court. I don't get any orange or other fruits on me. I just get the Tonka Bean, cacao, and vanilla. I like it, but don't love it. Make sure you try a sample before buying.

Edit: June 1, 2013: After using the entire sample, and wearing it to work, I want to amend my review to LOVE IT!!!! For me, the base notes turned out to be the plums, vanilla, and honey. It just smells so good! I'll be buying more, definitely!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Legitimate liquor in the form of perfume.
1270 is somewhat spicy, also boozy, however, the fruity notes are outstanding, most notably plum, who joins perfectly to honey, a mix warm and sweet, and later comforted by creamy vanilla.
It creates the appearance gourmand, but feel a background resin, coffee or chocolate, something like that, delightfully well done, a scent so perfect that I do not care about the projection, i walk with a decant.

mariana
mariana

The real "Elixir des Merveilles" for me. That's how it should be called. Divine, I mean divine!

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

Not my style. At the opening it reminded me a little bit of Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir. After it settled down, I don't know, nothing special to me. After many hours I could smell a nice fragrance but not extraordinary. And I'm one of those people who go crazy for anything sweet, this is just not sweet enough, or at least it's not my kind of sweet. Also, I could not diguistingsh the notes, it was difficult because it is indeed a complex fragrance. Oh and I also felt that this was an old perfume, like it feels like something they would've come up with in the 80's. I don't know, I can't describe this fragrance.

leeleeB
leeleeB

The only scent that gets compliments, and I have 40+ perfumes that I rotate through. Enough said. Beautiful scent and I spray alot... I become immune but others still smell it. I hear.. what is that lovely smell??

ranchorita
ranchorita

This is an exquisite little symphony of a fragrance. Sillage is subtle, and longevity is brief, but it's so absolutely gorgeous that it merits reapplying later. Gorgeous plum and spice, coffee and amber make for a wonderfully complex and elegant blend. Equally sexy for man or woman. This is at once a marvelous classic and utterly modern.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I agree with donz1. This a masterpiece. I cannot afford a full bottle, but I love it so much I ordered a couple of samples just so that I can smell it now and then. That's how much I love it.

donz1
donz1

Masterpiece. Nuff said

Insensé
Insensé

So, a fragrance from my beloved house of cognac, Frapin!
I received this sample as a gift and immediately had to sniff it; the day after I had an important meeting and I chose this one to wear. It made me feel confident, somehow as the guy who knows there are moments for cognac to be drunk and other moments for cognac to be in your wrists and neck and be felt by the people around you...
Lightly spicy, lightly sweet. Different, no doubt! Exquisite, as a cognac should be. And I enjoyed the slight coffee note. But not too long lasting...
It reminded me definitely of french country in september and the french touch of life and "savoir vivre"!

(thank you, *sophi*!)

chweintr
chweintr

I've never smelled a plumb that smelled this plumb-y. This is a fantastic scent - fruity, creamy,warm.

I can understand why this is considered unisex, but if you like your fragrances a little edgy - vaguely thuggish -- this one will prove too polite. Too polite for me anyway. If there were some ginger or fennel in there, I might have to reconsider.

Hatleberger
Hatleberger

The opening was so chic spicy, enjoyable, but very short. Then the perfumed turned to be a round soft sweet scent, very nice one. As someone mentioned, a safe scent indeed. I also think a man would wear this scent better. Guessing the price is high for the longevity of three hours at most. Still.. I may buy a full bottle because I liked it a lot.

Wwendalynne
Wwendalynne

This perfume gyrates all sweetness and spice without tip-toeing over the line into cloying. Far too simple for my tastes at this price tag, however, but a lovely, comforting fragrance nonetheless. I wish Frapin had walked the line a little tighter, risked a little more for a truly unforgettable fragrance instead of this very lovely, but very safe bet.

ralucucky
ralucucky

Pleasant, but too nutty for me.

aschiffm
aschiffm

creamy, bright, sunnied/honied milky nutty coffee fragrance . the brightness comes from the pineapple, orange and honey. lots of all of these. the creaminess from the tonka, sandalwood and vanilla. then throw in what you had for breakfast. definitely a daytime fragrance, maybe for fall because it feels cozy. its a little too "happy" for my particular tastes, but its definitely likable.

candymarie
candymarie

Frapin 1270 started out very promising, with an inviting luciousness and complexity that the notes pyramid led me to expect . . . but after a few hours it dried down to a sort of fruity popsicle or elegant bubblegum aroma. While quite pleasant from start to finish, this type of drydown doesn't justify the pricetag to me.

Shanester66
Shanester66

Not a huge fan...its kinda safe and nice and comforting but there are many other less expensive options that I do and can where to satify any desire to pull the trigger on 1270...enjoy fellow fragheads...I'll bow out on this one. Cheers.

Nicely
Nicely

Name is classic,
In my eyes is this a very sexy heavy coffe fragrance, i have sample of it i think to buy a big bottle, its projects on me very well... spray not more than 3 sprays with this stuff you kill people,

the bad thing is its sprays very short and misty,

8/10.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Among my purchases i picked frapin 1270 instead of the more famous brother 1697, upon reading this is richer and less diluent.
Strangely, this fragance was what i would describe as familiar and somewhat homey, these were combination of notes played over again and again in many mid base composition, in this case it is simply amplified but still remains quite muted due to the lack of top notes. After much thought, it finally struck me this nicely honeyed plum, was the accord of starfruit, a delicious tropical delight. In fact the composition stands out as quite a fruity wood, pineapples? hazelnut? oranges. The spice will meet you in a few minutes, but this last briefly.
As another review had stated, this to me lacks character, if you re going to go bold, go all the way. Nevertheless a nice tame fragrance to wear on spring day.

While I'm a bit tired of gourmands and don't really love to smell exactly like real food, Frapin 1270 was not gourmand enough for me. It's definitely a quality perfume, and I have no doubt it's the beloved of many people. Lasting strength was long, at least 10 hours on me. Projection was classic--not a sillage bomb, but not a skin scent either. Frapin 1270 starts out with a strong amber accord and bitter black coffee. As it dries down, the sweetness and creaminess of honey and vanilla come out more, and after about 8 hours I get a cinnamon drydown. It's warm and cozy, rich, elegant...but when it comes to coffee perfumes, I think I might prefer Bond No. 9 So New York.

Carlos10704
Carlos10704

I have a 50% bottle of this I'm looking to swap for Pure Malt. PM me if interested

axa5780
axa5780

I'd buy this if it didn't last only 30 minutes on my skin.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

It's very lovely and feminine on my skin.
It opens with some plum note and alot of honey. It stays this way for a long time on my skin. Later on, tonka bean and resin come, but the whole scent doesn't change very much.
Although the perfume has a variety of ingredients, my skin only projects a few; very simple yet elegant and feminine.
A must try!

Heverton
Heverton

Ahh the sweetness of berries and honey...
1270 opens up with a very evident combination of berries specially plum dipped in a sweet honey aroma with a hint, just a hint of spices. Amazing opening... Just amazing!

After about 15 minutes the spices get away of my skin and the honey that already was beautiful get even more
prominent but now mixed with a resinous note giving some depth to the fragrance. Sadly the berries does not last long enough on my skin, it was such a gorgeous smell, but anyway, the fragrance manages to still good the whole time which on my skin was about 5 hours.

Anyway, a very good sweet fragrance!

Danrich
Danrich

Orangey...powdery....dried orange, dried plums, vine blossom, spices, white honey and vanilla.
Projection 2-10
Last: 3hr
dried orange, dried plums, spices, white honey and vanilla... don't like, not for me
Poor vanilla to me, dried plums makes no sense to me

Wega
Wega

Plummy, sweet, resiny, slightly boozy tobacco. Comforting and warm, this is a lovely cold weather comfort scent.
Somehow evocative (for me) of family gatherings, playing cards, drinking coffee, eating things not healthy for you and laughing until 1 a.m. with your wickedly funny aunt. (My wickedly funny aunt Myrtis wore Opium, which I can't recall the scent of. I'm curious to smell that again, so I can see if there's any resemblance!)

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

A very nutty (above all else), boozy, fruity, sweet gourmandish fragrance. To my nose, it has a similar quality (nutty) to Guerlain's L'Instant de Guerlain, and Pure Malt. Unfortunately it gets overwhelming after time, with its heavy almost suffocating sweetness. This is missing something from its base, as it needs some kind of balance. I am a huge fan of L'Humaniste, but this juice makes me feel 100 lbs. heavier, and I sure don't need the extra bulk. I can see the attraction, but it's just not for my skin and demeanor.
I think more pepper might have cut the sweetness more to my liking, and I didn't get any leather...not a single glove slap.

Fizzy
Fizzy

For me it smells first like an aromatic, exquisite and very expensive champagne vine mixed with some old and good cognac. Sparkling scent. Later comes vanilla out. The whole time an intensive champagne vine smell. Not my cap of tea. Lasting power is poor on me.

adrienn99
adrienn99

To me this is mainly about amber, tonka and vanilla with some fruits/cocoa. Beautifully blended, well-balances scent. Only thing against it, no character in it.

hnyc
hnyc

I got no tobacco or anything sweet from this on my skin. I don't see it listed as a note but all i could smell on myself was leather. i'm not a big fan of that type of scent on me so i won't be buying a full bottle. it smelled a bit too masculine for me.

zapling
zapling

A sister (or brother) to Micallef's Note Vanille. A little more airy, a little more masculine, a little more suitable to a formal occasion (I love Note Vanille but cannot imagine wearing it to any other place than a night club).
A smoky, boozy, soapy vanilla scent. Complex and interesting. Too masculine for my taste, though.

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

I don't get that much citrus in the opening, it goes straight to the plum and starts smelling little boozy. Then it turns sweeter and woodier with a bit of leather, it actually reminds me of oud wood. The vanilla in the background seems to be of the dusty and smokey Shalimar-like sort. I only get a hint of coffee when the fragrance settles - even then, it's definitely nothing too dark or bitter. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have much of a projection or persistence.

vox
vox

beautiful fragrance, love it but really sucks on longevity, only last 3-4 hours max on me then it's gone... considering the longevity, i don't see my self to purchase a full bottle.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Like Melia, this opens on me with a strong pineapple accord, reminiscent of Montana Just Me. Frapin 1270 is dark and rich, where Just Me is brighter and more playful. Both are classified as Spicy Oriental, yet in my opinion, both are more gourmand, as others have noted here.

Drydown on 1270 is worth waiting for. A rich, luscious smokey vanilla sits beneath the fruit to balance the sweetness and give it an intoxicating edge.

Memorable!

Thanks to my dear friend scorpiosheep for the sample XX

PiggyB
PiggyB

This is my favorite one.
I love the green leafy and woody scent in the middle.
Soon it settles down to honey sweet and woody scent, I don't feel any flowery tone in this fragrance.
I love the vegetal aroma in the middle  and I hoped it stay forever but it faded away.

vishnu
vishnu

A perfect fragrance but it dos not last more than 4 hrs on my skin .

1270 is great! It opens with a consistent cnadied orange note on a boozy / leather accord of rare charme. It's like seating in front of the fireplace on an old leather couch drinking cognac and eating Panettone at christmas. Smooth woods make their appreances in the drydown together with spices, dried fruits and vanilla for a comfortable, reassuring, relaxing and absolutely fascinating affect. A master release. Highly recommended.

Rating: 7.5/10

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I did not find any coffee notes in this, but a lot of ripe, boozy fruit with nutty nuances. I like this a lot but would find it difficult to wear during the day - a great choice for one of those mediaeval dinners where you throw food on the floor and feed each other!

debbborra
debbborra

How odd. The opening reminds me of something. At first I thought it was Black Orchid, but I went back and smelled that. Something else. Same time period. It's hard to pinpoint why. I suppose it's the way the floral aspects are de-emphasized in both (whatever that other one is) and the pervasive sweetness present in each.

I like the sweet interpretation of the tobacco.

In the end, it's a very nice fragrance, but almost sticky sweet. You have to really want sweet when you put this one. Also, it doesn't strike me as very masculine.

The dry down does get more masculine as it wears on.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Yes yes, for me too: the opening has indeed a strong scent of a very ripe pineapple and it smells delicious to me:) so beautiful, this grows on me with time...to one of the finest fragrances I own..and that are a lot.. a luxury deep plum tobacco with the the vanilla honeyed and gorgeous gaiac wood finally taking over the. Thankfully I got no cocoa which I dislike in my perfumes but a fine hint of caramelled coffee in the middle notes. I am normally not a fan of gourmandy perfumes but THIS IS finally getting through to me and now I am! I can only agree with reviewer FA; it s a hidden secret precious treasure under all the well known fragrance stars!! Try it, you might love it

melia
melia

Though not listed in the notes, on my skin Frapin opens with an overriped pineapple, just for a few seconds though, but I feel it is there (maybe the plums with citrus?). Then it starts to settle down in something warm, smokey, spicey and woodey. The drydown reminded me very much of L de Lolita Lempicka... Though I'd have to say that one is more happy, fun and naive. This is very grownup... I imagine myself a dark hardwood room with fat buisninessmen smoking sigars making deals and talking about financial stuff, one woman is standing in that room, also in suit, being 'one of the guys' and knowing what she wants. She is wearing 1270...

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

It is a beautiful fragrance indeed, but on my skin ut's mostly about vanilla with a little hint of spice and wood. So I'm not going to by a full bottle, especially bearing the price in mind.

guest_It's in Soho!
guest_It's in Soho!

I smelled this fragrance at MiN New York and fell in love. Very well balanced and absolutely delicious. I was told that Frapin will be launching a new fragrance this fall and will launch it at their shop in November!

Migotka
Migotka

At one point I was about to make a blind purchase of this one, and I am kind of happy I managed to test it beforehand.

1270 kind of disappointed me in many ways. First, it lasts so shortly and disappears so quickluy!

Then, the notes: there are so many of them, it should be a real, delicious, vibrant and almost boroque composition, grand, full of flavour, surprising, throwing you on your knees. And... it is not. It turns out to be quite a linear, spicy coffee scent. Much as I love coffee notes in perfume, I also like them to be backed up by something else. Here, we have some cocoa, there is some vanilla, but the notes that were the most interesting for me: the plum, resins, woody notes, do not even get a supporting role in this motion picture.

1270 is very sweet, in a rather elegant way, but I think it had a potential to be so much more. For me it will remain a promise of something that is supposed to be absolutely magnificent, and turns out way below expectations. Like a restaurant in which you have to wait half a year in order to be able to book a table, just to discover they serve the same dishes as a restaurant around the corner, but with fancier garnish.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

For an EDP, I was expecting more sillage and duration. I like it much but I can detect an antiflogistine-cognac-rhum blend haha...funny. I am smelling menthol but I am sure it is the blend of pepper, and spices with sweeter notes. Sometimes great blend turns to nightmare ones for our skin and nose. Anyway, I like it because I can detect many many different notes each times I smell this. For that alone I give a...

fpih
fpih

I ordered this sample with the highest expectations. The notes listed seemed to fit exactly to my taste; spicy and woody and slightly gourmand sounded like heaven. Unfortunately, on my skin the word 'delicious' does not come to mind. It's slightly spicy, slightly sweet and mostly indiferent. Perhaps my sample was off? I don't know. I only know that what I got is not heavy, nor heady or extremely spicy, neither long-lasting. An hour or two after application, all that is left on my skin is a faint sweetness that somehow reminds me of an exotic bubblegum. I wouldn't mind if someone offered it to me as a gift, but I don't consider it worth purchasing myself.

Auguszta
Auguszta

Oh, I adore this. I think of it as an aristocratic gourmand. Makes me think of what happens when good taste meets wealth. Imagine the very best of everything: the smoothest cognac, the finest cigar, the richest chocolate, the rarest kind of coffee. A vintage Aston Martin. An inherited chateau maybe. The best education and an impeccable sense of taste. Life without a care spent in style.

The scent is like an inventory of all things luxurious. Upon application it's an orangey, cognac-ey, spicy melange with hints of coffee and cocoa. Rich, warm, comforting, but neither heavy, nor pushy. Later on it loses some of its booziness (but never quite sobers up) and turns sweeter as the vanilla, the woods and the honey take center stage, but it's still light-years away from being an average vanilla-based syrupy gourmand. The orange note remains and the scent keeps its exquisite alcoholic drink quality throughout. It is a boozy comfort scent, extremely smooth, well-blended and classy. Another plus: it lasts for ages.

rebella
rebella

This one´s got raving review and I was so happy that I´ve got a chanse to try it thanks to F_A.

I had some hopes about this of course, but no it didn´t fullfil them. It is good? Yes, without doubt it is a warm, sensual, orientalic and also gourmand perfume. Should be right up my alley, yes? But it isn´t, it manage to be nice, comforting and cozy but thats all.

On my skin it isn´t unique, actually it smell nice in a way making me forget how it smells while I am wearing it.

A must try tough, I think this one can have a lot to do with your skin chemistry.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

In a word, this fragrance is...DELICIOUS! I don't understand why it's categorized as oriental spicy, as it's definitely gourmand to my nose.

I can immediately detect decadent plum, cacao, and tonka bean. After a few minutes it blends into a smooth, yummy mix of rum, caramel, honey and vanilla. As with others, I never detected any floral or woody notes.

This has to be the most perfectly balanced gourmand I've ever had the pleasure of wearing! Thick and just sweet enough like a fine syrup topped with spices. Very long-lasting and a little goes a long way.

Add: After wearing this a few times, I've discovered that our cat LOVES it...she plants herself in my lap and licks my wrists non-stop! She has never done this with ANY other fragrance before. Our dog likes to lick a few of them, but not her...how strange!

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Truly hedonistic, this sublime perfume is beautifully blended. It comes as no surprise to learn the Frapin family have been established in the Grande Champagne region of France since 1270 - hence their celebration of history with this fragrance.

Perfect for the autumn or colder weather, trees aflame with deep red leaves, this is a perfume to wear for both comfort & sensuality. The plum tobacco is the prominent note for me (the prunes melding gently into cocoa & coffee) with a background of candied orange, nuts, spiced honey, pepper & precious woods. It sounds like a gourmand - and it is - but so refined, so mellow it becomes its own category.

As F_A noted, this is an exceptional & very different perfume. I LOVE it, I want to live in the world it creates. This also happens to be incredibly sexy. Wear with caution!

Malegria
Malegria

F_A, what a great review! I immediately put it on the list of the prefumes that I want - plum tobacco for me is like an obsession and I always search for it in perfumes.Hope to try it myself and may be fall in love!

F_A
F_A

1270 is simply a wonderful fragrance, one of those precious treasures of perfumery world. Thanks to Boggi for showing me this lovely magical fragrance - now I am very happy to be the owner of a big bottle of this exceptional perfume! It could become one of the very few my signature scents.

What is 1270? It is a luxurious fragrance. Whenever I smell it I imagine a man drinking good cognac and smoking plum tobacco in the room filled with a smell of coffee. There's also a bucket of flowers on the table near him, blossoms of which are weltering in tobacco smoke. Amazing fragrance, very exceptional, rich, different. A must try for every perfumista!

1270 by Frapin 4.28 out of 5 based on 529 ratings and 74 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Frapin 1270 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Frapin 1270, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1270 by Frapin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1270 by Frapin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.