Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Speakeasy Frapin for women and men
dislike

leather
Speakeasy Frapin for women and men Pictures

The new fragrance from Frapin conjures the allure of an age when danger lurked under glamour. "Speakeasy" refers to the words whispered to clientele of clandestine bars during the Prohibition era. The fragrance recalls the misted glasses, leather club chairs and fine Cuban cigars enjoyed by gentlemen bootleggers.

Speakeasy is a sensual oriental leather fragrances that features blonde tobacco refreshed by a mojito accord.

Top notes include Rum extract, Indian davana, sweet Italian orange and fizzy lime. The heart consists of cold Russian mint and Egyptian geranium. Base notes include an oriental leather accord of ciste absolute, labdanum absolute and styrax, combined with a Turkish tobacco accord composed of tobacco absolute, liatrix absolute, Everlasting (immortelle) flower absolute, tonka bean absolute and white musk.

Speakeasy is available as Eau de Parfum, 100 ml, in Frapin's signature flacon with a wooden cap. Speakeasy was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Marc-Antoine Corticchiato.

Rum Sweet Orange Lime

Mint Geranium Liatris Mojito

Labdanum Styrax Tobacco Immortelle Tonka Bean White Musk Leather Amber

Speakeasy Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Speakeasy opens with a really pleasant accord of amber, earthy notes of patchouli and oak, edible fresh fruity notes, a chorus of flowers and Frapin's signature boozy vibe all around, almost sparkling and bubbling at very beginning, then still there but warmer and calmer, on a cozy discreet vanillin-woody base. One of the nicest openings among Frapin's line, and you can clearly recognize Corticchiato's style (big fan here) – that same Mediterranean feel with a dusty, coniferous mossy-chypre aftertaste, on a green base with nice, silky tobacco-hay-suede notes. Still, it kind of switches off all the lights pretty soon, "losing" all that clarity and soundness of the composition, becoming quickly a more undefined, generic, even a bit confused mossy-chypre delicate blend, with a liquid and subtle boozy feel. Not saying it's bad, just paler and in a way, more "washed down". A couple of hours, and even that is all gone. A promising opening and overall a nice scent, but still sometimes doesn't work for me.

6-6,5/10

CGV
CGV

Nice stuff! Classy, refined and of good taste! Love the boozyness, the sharp aspect and the comfort this scent provides. One thing though; on skin the drydown is almost exactly the same as Fougere Bengale from Parfum D'Empire which makes a purchase doubtful as FB is of better sillage & longevity and costs less. Option is to spray on clothes so it remains Speakeasy and doesnt morf into FB.

Gault
Gault

It smells like elderflower syrup.

If you like complex and non-linear fragrances, this is something worth checking out. Mr.Corticchiato of Parfum D'Empire's fame gives yet another confirmation of his talent by composing an interesting gem.

An extremely aromatic green lime note is paired with other citruses and booze to give birth to a sparkling opening. A mint / geranium combo which is not *that* distant from the one found in Geranium Pour Monsieur, joins the party right away reinforcing the overall exotic and summery vibe. I was ready to dismiss the fragrance as yet another citrusy summery thing when it suddenly started to change form and morphed into a bolder tonka / tobacco driven middle phase. Gone is the mint, the citruses and the summery vibe. The transition from the opening was really smooth and so nicely handled that it all felt incredibly plausible and natural. The middle sweet tobacco base lasts for quite a while and when you would expect no more evolutions, Speakeasy is still able to surprise the wearer by introducing an amber / immortelle base to provide even more extra body. Very nice.

Given the notes involved, I would have probably expected a bit more potency and tenacity but I can't honestly say the fragrance is weak either. My only concern is that this stuff is probably a tad too sweet to my tastes but if you're fine with it, this is indeed a solid delivery by Frapin.

There's a lot going on in Frapin Speakeasy--all good! The first time I applied this perfume, I was struck by the geranium and mint combination which reminded me of Frédéric Malle Géranium pour Monsieur. That impression swifted passed, however, as tons of orientalia arrived on the scene. It's another complex concoction, for which Frapin is famous, in my experience, anyway...

However, the sweetness has really been kept in check with the effect that I am much more favorably inclined toward Speakeasy than some of the other creations of this house. The composition seems complex and even a bit cluttery but somehow not quite congested. There is no dried fruit overload, among other things. There are some spirits, and the tobacco in the drydown smells especially swell. I like it. Probably my favorite from this house so far...

Is this what a Speakeasy smells like? It reminds me of library in an old house with paneled walls and book cases all in teal and cherry wood.

Cereza
Cereza

"Speakeasy" is a very interesting perfume, even though it has so many sweet notes I get a very masculine vibe out of this, I think it will be best suited for males who are not afraid of a bit of sweetness in their scents.

As with some other tonka bean dominated perfumes I encountered a similar problem with "Speakeasy". When there is too much tonka bean, I get nothing else, so basically for the first two hours I had an overwhelming amount of tonka bean of my wrist. I could feel mix of other notes underneath, but it was purely dominated by the tonka. At the dry down tonka bean fades away and I was left with sweet tobacco and bits of vanilla, sweet, but masculine. Also a bit boring and with slightly less silage I would want.

Lasted 6 hours.

الثبات 10/10
الفوحان 6.5
جمال الرائحة9/10
-------------------
العطر هذا اعتبره اتقان اتقان اتقان في توليفة الروائح فهذا العطر تستطيع ان تصنفه عطر سويت وتستطيع ان تصنفه انه عطر حمضيات لطيف وتسطيع ان تصنفه ان عطر سمكوي نظرا لتواجد التبغ ولكن الاتقان الذي اتحدث عنه
التوليفة الرائعه من المكونات وعدم طغيان رائحة على رائحة من بداية الى اخره ولو لم اطلع على مكونات العطر لوجدت صعوبه في تحديد والتقاط الروائح تشعر ان الروائح او السلسلة الهرمية هنا حددت بوقت زمني كي تظهر اعجبني كثير هذا الامر في هذاالعطر

البداية اسره وتوحي لك بالفخامه والتميز البرتقال والرم اعطى تميز رائع للمقدمه مع مشاركة الليمون اللطيفة (اليمون الاخضر)
مع تواجد لطيف للتبغ
فروائح الحمضيات هنا ليس طعور الحمضيات او عطور الكولنيا عكس ذلك تمام لربما من وجهة نظري وجدتها غريبة عليك

في المقدمه لاتشعر ان هناك رائحة تطغى على الاخرى بشكل يجعلك تنزع فالمقدمة بداية تبعث للنفس الانتعاش والراحة وبداية تحتم عليك ان تقف دقائق صمت لتكشف سحر هذا العطر

قلب العطر يشارك الافتتاحية بالنعنان اللطيف مع رائحة حلوه كرائحة العسل والفانيلا
ارجوك لاتفهم انه يوجد نوت الفانيلا بشكل صارخ هنا بل سشتعر به فط كتوقع اتمنى وصلت الفكرة
خلال النصق الساعه ستجد العطر بدا يفصح عن قاعة العطر والتي اراها تبدا برائحة التبغ الهادئة الرائعه بالجانب الرائحة العنبرية الطيفة جدا جدا مع رائحة اللبنديوم اللطيف جدا مع رائحة جلدية

اجد العطر كل برد كل ماكان اكثر نعومة وبرزت اكثر رائحة التبغ الرائعه هنا التي لطفت اكثر بلمسات بنوتات سويت (روائح كالفانيلا والعسل) اعتقد انها التونكا بجانب
Immortelle
التي تجمع رائحتين العسل بجناب الحلبة
وكل ما برد العطر اكثر كلما بدات زهرة
بملازمة التبع اكثر
لاتقلق فليس هنا رائحة للحلبة بالشكل الذي ينفرك

فقاعدة العطر هي مزيج واضح من التوباكو والزهرة المذكوره اعلاة مع لمسات بسطية من الفانيلا والعنبر النباتئ وتنتهي قصة العطر بعبير المسك العطر يختلف تطورة بشكل ملحوظ عن رشة اما على الجلد او الثياب

ملاحظة مهمه: اجد بعض النوتات في هذا العطر قد يصعب التطقاها الا بعد تجربة مره ومره ومنها العنبر والجلد واللابنديوم اعتقد انك قد تحلضهم مرة وقد لاتحلظه مرات عديدة عند استخدامك للعطر من جديد وهذا ماحدث معي فعلا
بعض النوتات لم اذكرها لاني ربما لم الحظها وليس لدي اطلاع سابق على الزيت العطري الخاص بها..
تذكرني نوتة السويت بشي بسيط جدا جدا جدا جدا من عطر بعطر شيرجي
هذا العطر مميز وهذا راي الشخصي والذي لايعني انك تشتري العطر بل هو اقتراح لتطلع على العطر ومن ثم تقرر هل تشترية ام لا.

الانف خلف هذا هو Marc-Antoine Corticchiato.
ولكن هذا العطر يختلف عن عطورة الخاصة بشركة او علامته فعطور الخاصة تتسم بالجرأة والغرابة والتميز
لكن بالنسبة للعطر الحانه المنتج لدار فاربين speakeasy
لاتنسوا ذكر الله والصلاة على النبي

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE SPEAKEASY - A THING OF THE PAST

Great opening. Boozy and smokey - I was back in the roaring 20s in Harlem and loving it.

Too soon I was whooshed back to present day and found myself in a bar after closing. A faint smell of booze was in the air, but mostly the sweet left over from drinks spilled on every available surface.

jreily88
jreily88

The absolute best from the Frapin line, and the best fragrance I've ever smelled. Not too sweet and not too overpowering, perfect!

malcner
malcner

Is this really a summer scent....? I'm not so sure.
When I first smelled it I certainly thought so. I instantly loved it! It's got that fresh boozy mojito thing going on, which I love, but I wore it for the first time on a really hot day, thinking it would be perfect. It wasn't.
Initially, it's fantastic and refreshing, but after a while it goes through a strange "sticky" phase and the dry down that comes is quite unpleasant in such a hot atmosphere. To me, this has the effect of spilled drinks on a bar, that sweet stickiness from the bottom of your cocktail glass as it sits on the wooden bar top...I also get a faint smell of cigarette smoke with this which is also a little unpleasant in the heat.
However, given the idea behind this fragrance, I would say that they pretty much hit the nail on the head! It's fantastic in that respect.
It is a great fragrance, and like 1697 and 1270, it's all about jazz, basement bars, smoking, drinking, dressing sharp and just generally being a cool cat! As a fan of jazz and mid-century tailored clothing, I absolutely love the imagine of these Frapin fragrances. They go so well together.
So, a great fragrance, but don't be fooled by the fresh mojito opening. It can get a little unpleasant in the heat. I think it's more suited to a cooler climate and also at night too. It does what it's meant to perfectly, but this is not always wearable IMO. I will try this again in the autumn.... This may be full bottle worthy for the right person, but for me I will stick to a smaller decant and enjoy it every now and again.

Wise-222
Wise-222

you can't go wrong with this one , this is the best
summer fragrance for 2013.

regards.

Roge'
Roge'

Stupid "guest" blunder..

It opens like a beautiful woman spilling an expensive beverage on your body. A deliciously bright and smooth mojito fragrance. This smells drinkable all the way to the dry down. In the prohibition era, people spoke quietly about the speakeasies in fear of alerting police. I can assure you that the authorities will not come knocking on your door looking for this nice fragrance.

pretty_in_pink
pretty_in_pink

I am a sucker for a good fragrance name. Speakeasy alludes to an art deco era replete with illegal jazz joints, bootlegged rum, bugle beaded flapper dresses and the Great Gatsby.

So you can imagine my surprise when I blind test the opening.

First whiff and I am immediately transported into my Aunt Shirley’s lounge room, circa late 70s, a homely retro kitsch mix of tobacco coloured shag pile, fibre optic lamps, cross stitch artwork and cabinets chock-full of opalescent glassware and cute ceramics. I am positive this memory has been evoked because of the smell of mothballs and a non-animalic musk I detect in the top notes. My Aunt wore musk and her cupboards smelt like naphthalene.

I also get lots of brown sugar, orange, candied lime and Galliano in the opening– cocktail ingredients, which probably explains why I suddenly remember the gaudy swizzler sticks and plastic cocktail monkeys that took pride of place above my Aunty’s 70’s shrine to all things alcoholic. It is a warm and fruity opening – I am suddenly craving a Harvey Wallbanger.

In the dry down I detect tonka bean, crystallised sugar, candied honey and musk. Not a growly musk that would purr like a Jay Gatsby Roll’s Royce either. I am disappointed that I get none of the leather promised or the blond tobacco that I am so fond of either.

Projection is not strong. Perhaps this is where the speakeasy name derives from. It is hush-hush on both tester and on my skin. Perhaps it wears better in winter, as in summer in the southern hemisphere, which is when I evaluate it, it is volatile and evaporates quickly.

For my money, my personal pick from the house of Frapin would be Espirit de Fleurs an airy, crystalline and mineral-ly woody citrus or 1270, which also has tonka undertones, but translates better with warm wood and vanilla.

singlemalt
singlemalt

Disclosure here. I'm a Corticchiato and Parfum d'Empire fangirl. I like his entire line and love much of it. So I may be a bit biased.

I'am reviewing from a sample, but if the sample is any indication it will be my next fb purchase. This is the summer sister of Frapin's 1697. A light blast of rum with that hint of mint. A mojoito indeed. Tobacco comes into play and swirls around the rum-mint. A little citrus refresher but not much. Some leather. Mr. C does love leather, tobacco and booze. No floral. Cool and refreshing really.

Speakeasy may be a bit of a misnomer. Speakeasy implies a dark, cigarette smoke filled back room. More gin and bourbon then rum. More Jasmin Et Cigarette- french than mojito-cigar smoke Cuban. Something of a forbidden illicit pleasure. Speakeasy is none of that. It is a wonderful concoction that I could see more at home in a classy 1950's Cuban bar than in a clandestine New York speakeasy. Marvelous and something I look forward to having more of.

kankri
kankri

Frapin's Speakeasy smells very classy. It really does bring to my mind images of old speaskeasies, smoky dens and secrecy.

On my skin the top notes consist of lovely wam tobacco smoke shot through with wisps of rum and musk. The heart is a fresh, clean leather, with an edge of sweetness from the tonka and just the tiniest hints of mint and lime. Sadly, this wonderful harmony of notes doesn't seem to last very long. Little more than an hour later, Speakeasy has settled down into a faintly sweet, powdery smell.

Speakeasy also has very little projection. My nose pretty much has to be right up to the scent in order to smell it. Even so, though, I would have to say this is a like.

hellkat
hellkat

There is a flash of alcohol upon initial application, it must be the rum, but I do not get any citrus, indeed no fruit at all. The deep dark smell of tobacco almost immediately takes over, entrancing, along with the richness of the leather - and something incensy - perhaps the tonka bean, styrax or the labdanam, something deep. I like it very much, it really does speak to me of basements with red banquettes, and affluent people in astrakhan collars, drinking hooch out of bone-china teacups. The two Frapin scents I have tried to date (this, and L'Humaniste) have both reinforced to me that Frapin may be destined to become one of the VERY classy Fragrance Houses.

rfablarage
rfablarage

Une bien belle entrée en matière un gin citron menthe (c'est ce que je sens à la place du mojitomême si on en est pas loin!) , c'est vif ,frais superbe et ça n'est que le début , l'apéritif en somme,petit à petit vous vous installé confortablement dans un magnifique chesterfield en cuir, cigare à la main et le plaisir de prendre le temps d'exister d'apprécier tranquillement les bonnes choses de la vie comme ce speakeasy!

merci Mr Marc-Antoine Cortichiatto d'avoir Persévéré pour cette collaboration en totale réussite et dan sla continuité de la marque Frapin! j'aime la maison Parfum d'empire, j'aime la maison Frapin et j'aime cette aventure! j'attends la prochaine !!!!!!

english
A very beautiful introduction a lemon gin mint (it is what I feel(smell) on the place(square) of the mojitomême if we are not far from it!), it is lively, freshly magnificent and that is only the beginning, the apéritif as a matter of fact, little by little you you installed(settled) comfortably in magnificent leather Chesterfield, cigar in the hand and the pleasure to take time to exist to appreciate(estimate) quietly the good things of the life as this speakeasy!

Thank you Mr Marc-Antoine Cortichiatto to have Persevered for this collaboration in total success and dan sla continuity of the mark(brand) Frapin! I love the house Flavor(Perfume) of empire, I love the house Frapin and I like this adventure! I wait for the next one!!!!!!

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

I have just tried this perfume and I must confess I loved this scent, its a mix of rum, orange, tobacco and musk. It is not anything brand new in the market or different of some perfumes but even so it is Good. Did I love it? No, I liked and thats all......

Speakeasy by Frapin 3.79 out of 5 based on 97 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Frapin Speakeasy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Frapin Speakeasy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Speakeasy by Frapin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Speakeasy by Frapin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.