Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Terre de Sarment Frapin for women and men

Terre de Sarment Frapin for women and men
dislike

smoky

Terre de Sarment by Frapin is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Terre de Sarment was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Jeanne-Marie Faugier. Top notes are grapefruit, neroli, caraway and grapes; middle notes are cinnamon, orange blossom, nutmeg and amyris; base notes are benzoin, myrrh and incense.

Grapefruit Neroli Caraway Grapes

Cinnamon Orange Blossom Nutmeg Amyris

Benzoin Myrrh Incense

Baume du Doge

Terre de Sarment Fragrance Reviews

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Great fragrance! So, as someone mentioned, this opens with a very potent fabric softer vibe that sticks around for the duration of the fragrance. Cinnamon and nutmeg are present, woods, and incense are there as well.

Overall, a great fragrance; needs more sillage, more projection after an hour-projects well once sprayed. Unisex, however, with the barometer leaning towards the masculine side of things. It is very different, unlike anything else in my wardrobe and probably yours also!! This is definitely worth a sample, even a bottle. Work, office, date-night, grocery store, not the kind of fragrance where one has to worry about offending. Try it!!

MehrSD
MehrSD

to widescope
Hey guys, we all here to share our opinion about perfumes. The other reviews are out of the topic! Please do not ruin the atmosphere by these kinds of reviews!! It is needed to mention that all the people who share their opinion can not write their reviews in English very well because they are from other countries (Like me). So they have a very limited vocabulary option or It is hard for them to write a complete review.

Smellyman
Smellyman

@Widescope. Bullying is still bullying no matter which way you try to disguise it. Please remember that this member's review is just as informative to others as are the many novels I have read on here that in the end say, "good longevity, good projection...I love it..."

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Every time I wear it, I get compliments. I get good longevity and projection from this one...This is actually a very good ,,Excellent! Different, exotic and top quality. very good

becuille
becuille

All I get from this is clay and something vaguely peppery. It smells exactly like clay.

That makes it very true to its name, but as a perfume, it's not really something I'd be looking to wear on my skin.

It's very dry - almost arid - and I once caught the tiniest little hint of lemon, but it was gone almost as soon as I noticed it.

I'm sorry I can't say much more about this, but that was all I got from it.

MegaMav
MegaMav

The combination of the myrrh, benzoin, nutmeg give this a clay like, terre, feel. Its very odd.

Similar to the earthiness of Memoirs of a Trespasser.

Not my style, I'll be sticking to Passion Boisee and Speakeasy from this line. Those two are stars IMO.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

More of an aromatic spicy than anything. I have never smelled grapes in a scent but the note lasts the duration of the scent. All the spicy notes are so tamed and light that it does no justice here. The pyramid looks great but that's about it.

Lana148
Lana148

I wanted to like this but I don't. It feels current, well put together, yet it's missing charisma. I find it to be more masculine then feminine, so maybe on a guy it will smell better. This projects safe and cozy, "don't want to be noticed" vibe.

deadidol
deadidol

A balsamic resin affair that’s not unpleasant but doesn’t go to any real lengths to distinguish itself. There are some tasty white florals upfront, but they’re quickly accosted by the tonka-esque powderiness of resins which are smooth and nicely formed, but lack the edge I’d hoped. It’s pleasant, comfortable, but powdery and safe. It becomes a mundane, resinous oriental with hints of bergamot. Nothing to see here, folks.

lollero
lollero

This might be too balsamic for my taste. Smells like a really strong smelling oil in a steamy and hot massage room. Very masculine and quite strong.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Weirdly enough, the note I detect more clearly and boldly in the first minutes is not listed – cedar: a woody, dry, aromatic strong smell of cedar. Plus oak (wood), a massive dose of resins and benzoin with its camphoraceous chypre allure, an equally massive portion of cumin, a soft and almost creamy note (ylang?), aldehydes, vanilla and perhaps patchouli on the base. Must admit that although I am not the biggest fan of Frapin out there, their range is quite unusual and they style is – positively – unique, somehow playful, exotic, often looking for less-common structures and compositions. Here we have basically a super spicy, but warm and aromatic Oriental scent, stuffed with resins, antique woods, like a journey in a humid, colourful, mystical forest in the Far East. As minutes pass it also emerges an olibanum/incense note, a bit more "elaborated" than usual, with a nice resinous aftertaste that adds "mystery" and meditation to the blend. All those spices and resins make quite a "bold" pot-pourri which may be a bit cloying after a while, so personally I would not wear this, but it's indeed an unusual and well-crafted fragrance.

pravda48
pravda48

This is very odd, unlike anything I've yet smelled. Warm and cool at once; I get predominantly caraway/amaryis(?)/myrrh, and a touch of sweet grapes that keep it from being totally resins and spice.

Cinnamon and nutmeg are definitely present adding spicy warmth. My overall impression is of a sun ripened but tart green grape squished over a carven wooden bowl that's filled with deep, warm spices as part of some odd nature ritual. There is a definite tartness to it that keeps the scent interesting overall.

An hour or so in: there is some note or combo smelling like CHILE PEPPER here! Not quite fresh-cut and hot (as L'artisan's Piment Brulant) but a definite spicy red pepper note! Intriguing, what could that be? It's very real and very noteworthy. Interesting enough for me to definitely click 'like' (I've been pickier lately about not pressing 'like' when what I really mean is 'meh, it's ok')

Random personal association sidenote: It reminds me of the smell of a Spencer's store (in the malls in USA) for some unexplicable reason... honest.

EDIT TO ADD: The drier, woodier spiced facets come out on my bf. Not so much of the sweetness and not getting that spicy note on his skin. Very subtle, natural, slightly warm and just masculine enough on him. Really enjoy this on both of us!

Glad to have aquired a 10ml decant from another fragrantican in a swap :D

Some of the Frapin perfumes have been a bit too congested for my taste--more concoctions than wearable perfumes. Terre de Sarment, in contrast, is a very likeable and wearable unisex composition.

Beatrice Cointreau is not a perfumer but a Frapin family member and creative director, right? So I'm not sure that she should be listed as the perfumer in this case. They obviously hired someone to put this together, but perhaps it is her vision which binds all of these rich oriental perfumes together. Her "signature" taste is definitely on display, as she apparently prefers lots of spices and heavy oriental elements. Needless to say, the Frapin collection perfumes are not office-ready-inoffensive-fruity-floral frags. Instead, they are more the sorts of perfumes to wear under a cozy cashmere sweater at home on a frosty cold day while drinking tea--or Cointreau!

Anyway, there are several spices and oriental base elements blended together in this composition, along with a notable tobacco leaf note which balances everything nicely. I feel that this blend is more harmonic than some of the other creations from this house. Smooth and rich but not very sweet and not overly caloric (metaphorically speaking). The nutmeg and the benzoin are both dominant and coexist nicely in Terre de Sarment.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

why nobody earlier wrote that this is the very ripe scent. I think that this is typically scent for men. Is warm , not too sweet, sallow and of fruit but for man. :)

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Very beautiful! I find it quite feminine and it reminds me very much of the middle of Valentina Assoluto minus the fabric softener finish. Not overly spicy, I get more of the creamy orange blossom and a bit of the incense... not much of the spices at all. Quite linear and wears close to the body, but a very nice fragrance.

fubar1963
fubar1963

This is an incredible bright woody fragrance. It's very unique and smells nothing like anything else in my collection. It's slightly on the masculine side of unisex, so for the bolder woman.

The projection is good but the longevity is excellent. This has been my go to summer frag for 2012!

I've to be honest, I'm not very impressed by Terre De Sarment. The first time I tested it, it was on paper and the spicy-citrus opening was way more appealing if compared to the skin test. A full wear revealed a spicy woody fragrance that, while it's far from being unpleasant, it's still a little too pale to be outstanding or even remarkable. For the same price you can have much better alternatives (i.e. Idole de Lubin, Bois D'Ombrie). Nice but somehow not completely satisfying.

Rating: 6.5/10

rebella
rebella

This is a very pleasant perfume. It´s kind of slowstarter and very comforting.

As F_A I detect a note of some kind of nettle in it, very green but in a light and subtle way. It warms up very slow, but all the time I find it to be a perfect perfume for spring, the time of spring when only the earliest flowers bloom, and you can see the first butterflies...

Sensual, laidback and softspoken. This is very unique but in a quiet way. Would be excellent on men to.

Recommend you to try this one, maybe not a super wow favourite at once, but you might like it more than you think from the beginning. In the top among perfumes that are very personal but still not make a lot of noise.

F_A
F_A

I find Terre de sarment as a solifloral fragrance. Why, you would ask. On my skin, it smells like the blossoms of White dead nettle from the beginning to the very base! For those who doesn't know how this plant smells like, it has the flowery scent of sweet honey with some powdery notes. Very specific and extremely pleasant:) A must try!

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

All the Frapin fragrances are slowly unfolding stories, journeys of discovery that lead to unique memories in the corners of your mind.

I have to admit that the opening of intense neroli made me judge too quickly that I wasn't going to like this one. I find it a little headache-inducing for its slightly sickly qualities on my skin. This, luckily, faded quite quickly into the grapefruit & caraway. Somehow the caraway takes the edge off the grapefruit and turns it slightly soapy - only slightly, and a very pleasing stage which makes one feel fresh, reminds you of clean sheets dappled by sunshine.

Next we have the beautifully creamy orange blossom cushioned by nutmeg, cinnamon & myrhh. Often with Frapin's perfumes you find yourself reading the notes as you let the fragrance settle on your skin and ask "where is that? I don't smell it at all.... aha! There it is!" as a fresh wave of notes bursts forth. This is what I mean by a story unfolding - you think you know where it's going and then, turning the page, you discover something new & exciting.

As the incense appeared, I found myself sniffing more deeply at my wrists - just beautiful and my favourite stage thus far. Subtly handled, never harsh, as usual for Frapin: a perfectly balanced masterpiece of the perfumer's art. The drydown of benzoin, vanilla & tobacco is so comforting, so warm & all-enveloping. Frapin use a very light hand with their vanilla, by the way, in case you don't usually care for that in a perfume. They blend it in such a way that you aren't really aware it's there, but the perfume would be all the less wonderful without it. A true skill.

For men and women? Yes, certainly, I can imagine myself wearing this on a fresh spring day, or a warm summer's morning. However, I think this one edges slightly more into the category of masculine. I'm going out for a meal with my fiance later this evening and have asked him to test it for me - it will be interesting to smell it on his skin, too, so I can compare.

I am sorry for eulogising, but even though I haven't liked this as much as their divine '1270' (which was the first Frapin perfume I reviewed), it is still head and shoulders above so many other fragrances out there. To me, Frapin are creating some of the most enchanting, stunningly blended fragrances I have smelled for a VERY long time. Bravo, Frapin! Long may they continue their stories in scent...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Frapin Terre de Sarment fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Frapin Terre de Sarment, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terre de Sarment by Frapin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terre de Sarment by Frapin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.