Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Bigarade concentree Frederic Malle for women and men

Bigarade concentree Frederic Malle for women and men
dislike

Bigarade concentree Frederic Malle for women and men Pictures Bigarade concentree Frederic Malle for women and men Pictures Bigarade concentree Frederic Malle for women and men Pictures

Bigarade concentree by Frederic Malle is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Bigarade concentree was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena. Top note is bitter orange; middle note is rose; base notes are cedar, grass and hay.

Bitter Orange

Madera de Naranjo

Bigarade concentree Fragrance Reviews

gelo999
gelo999

Bigarade C. Ellena is a fragrance, has a clear link with Terre, especially flanker eau Fraiche three or Declaration.

To Ellena, the privilege would always carry citrus and other fruit notes in partnership, the rest is not so important as it was happening to his master Roudniska, especially compared to male citrus type Eau Sauvage.

In this case, bitter orange in ripe fruit version is attached to the note of a sharp and fresh grass privilege takes this combo produces that similar to lemon feel that you have been disenrolled excess acidity and is cleared very cleverly the cleaner, disinfectant and soap ground, falling thing most of this family of fragrances. He is accompanied by a mild note of very natural rose, which clarifies, illuminates and brings glamor, like those brush strokes watercolor gouache likes so much.

Cedar drying hay is in third plane without relevance since it is only used to prolong the effect of fruit start and cause the solar effect on the fruit shriveled when dry.

We are not facing "Bois Farine," but the work of a great perfumer is not questioned.

Bigarade C. is a deceptively simple, very elegant, unpretentious fragrance, which gives lessons to many other creations like doing an excellent citrus fragrance with stamp author.

Rating: 7.5

smaghoreshi
smaghoreshi

اين ادكلن با رايحه بسيار جالب پرتقال آبدار و با طراوت و كمي تلخ شروع ميشه و حدود 1 ساعت بعد در نت مياني ، رايحه رز و بوي ضعيفي از پرتقال را داريم . حضور رز، عمق رايحه رو بيشتر ميكنه. در نت پايه ، بوي سدر به همراه رايحه سبز علفي شروع ميشه و بوي علف خشك ، رايحه اين مرحله رو كمي تند ميكنه.
كيفيت رايحه نتها بالا و كاملا بالانس هستند و براي يك ادكلن مركباتي ، اينگونه چينش نتها كمي پيچيده به نظر مياد.
پخش بو تا يك ساعت خوب و ماندگاري اين ادكلن روي پست حدود 6 ساعت است.
هر چند كيفيت و ساخت اين ادكلن به دست عطار چيره دست اون ، كاري عالي محسوب ميشه ولي به نظر بنده هزينه بالاي اون توجيهي براي خريدش ندارد

Ulriben
Ulriben

Typical Ellena. There's cardamom here, no doubt. It is pretty rare to find a citrus lasting longer than this, so stop complaining about the longievity. I challenge you to guess which is which when smelling this and Voyage d'Hermes blindfolded.

Lovely, btw.

snel hest
snel hest

This starts off so lovely, a bright sweet citrus. Unfortunately it dries down to See by Chloé on my skin (???), a perfume I simply cannot tolerate and alas, it falls flat. My 10 ml bottle will sadly be given away to a new home.

natasharthorpe
natasharthorpe

If the cumin note found here is unpleasant, it is not nearly as present in the Cologne Bigarade for those looking for the fresh-spicy orange without the cumin.

ElleChristine
ElleChristine

It doesn't seem to want to really settle on my skin and stays in the "sweaty" and sharp realm too long for my taste. I was hoping for a long affair...Happy to entertain a trade.

esteban.vihaio
esteban.vihaio

A zesty and very fresh perfume which turns into a skin scent after an hour or so.
Smells exactly like orange peel and does not develope.
Very suitable for summer if you would re-apply a few times.
Definitely not full bottle worthy for that hefty price tag...

Momenti
Momenti

"Turkish Orange Juice" ****

The best orange juice in my life was made of fresh oranges at the moment in the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul. I was surrounded by the smells of the market, including the flowers and the delicatessen.

So, this is it: returning to the magical experience of that far away afternoon.

Never an orange juice felt the same.

Ofactory Dreamer
Ofactory Dreamer

So disappointed as I love many other Jean Claude Ellena's creations. It is very much like Eau D`Orange Verte on my skin- not a JCE creation- but they are similar in the dry down both turn a different version of woody and bitter but that is where the comparison ends. Now after several hours it is something entirely different... soft and pleasant. Its the inbetween that I don't like... and it almost makes me feel ill. I feel like a traitor but I don't like it!

Amer149

Bretto66

Wow! 10/10

joyjoy
joyjoy

I received a sample of this at Barneys last September (the new FM boxed samples) & it smelled the same as the one in my 2012 coffret. I thought thank God this has not been reformulated. Last month I purchased a 10ml and I hate it. This has indeed been reformulated. The bright tart opening is not the same at all and the heart notes smell like mens cologne.

I remember reading an article a couple years ago where FM said that if the recent IFRA bans go through (which of course now they have) I'll be finished. He was right of course imo. There were some masterpieces in this line and they are no more. It's no wonder he sold out to Estee Lauder. His fragrances are so not worth the price now! I mean honestly, what are you paying for...a bunch of synthetics. Might as well just buy the cheaper fumes then if you can stomache them. I can't.

On a side note, does anyone know where IFRA regs are not followed? I've heard the middle east and India? I've also heard that if it's a US brand that's not exported then IFRA doesn't apply. I don't know as it's hard to find out information on this. I wish Malle could have somehow gone up against these idiots at IFRA because I really can't believe he's happy with all of this. I want my perfume back!!

partypooper
partypooper

Tried this at the shop, love everything about it except - see thenaughtyprof's review below - the cumin is indeed there and it's the small detail that stopped me from buying this.

bigphatjohn
bigphatjohn

@ pinnacos
Orange Sanguine Atelier Cologne ?

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Malthus101, orange is a top note. Why would you expect it to stay around for hours? If you're holding out for a 6 hour frag that smells like orange to the end, it's going to be a long wait.

Malthus101
Malthus101

I would say the open could be the best orange open I've smelled so far - most definitely it's the zest of orange peel as opposed to the fruit itself.

I noticed that underneath this was a warmer orange smell, and it reminded me of the dried candied orange peel that my mother used to make mincemeat out of at Christmas, for mince pies and Christmas puddings.

It smelled orangy on my skin for about an hour but sadly faded away very quickly.

My search for an orange scent goes on...

tubereuse
tubereuse

Delicious bitter orange mixed with faint rose & perhaps cardamom?!! Strange & amazing because this smells a bit like rice pudding and makes me hungry! Really lovely however very light and unfortunately fades way too fast.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

Is there anyone here who has sampled this Malle Bigarade Concentree AND Nina Ricci's original Bigarade who could give a comparison? I'm eager to know how they compare, especially since I never see anything written about the Ricci Bigarade, which was one of my old favorites.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

UPDATE: having purchased and worn it for over a week, I have an enlightened take on this frag:

Jean Claude Ellena's use of the Seville bitter Orange extract is like NOTHING you've ever experienced: The opening of BC is fresh and life-like, right away you pick up the bitterness- which is altogether expected considering it's NOT blood oranges we're dealing with as with Atelier, Le Labo or other houses. It is not sweet, a bit dry, but still gloriously mood lifting. Trust me when I say this: For a citrus(notes include Bitter Orange, Rose, Hay and Cedar) this is a very complex fragrance, there is more going on that just taking the notes verbatim as we see them on paper. No run of the mill, linear citrus frag here- yet it us linear in certain aspects, but not as you'd expect given the note composition........... The heart is well balanced and developed which is what one would expect from a frag resulting from the nose of Jean Claude Ellena! His DNA is all over this one and IMO, he takes it a step further in another later creation (which I'll touch on later). This fragrance has a lot of presence and staying power..... One KEY point: This is one of those VERY VERY RARE fragrances that actually smells BETTER as you you to-and-fro than it actually smells on your skin.......... The sillage is magnificent! Better put on your glasses frag community, because this is a 3D masterpiece........!

My only caveat is this: for those of you who NEVER put your nose to this- There's a soft cumin note that creeps in and out during the dry down... For some, this evokes memories of the jock older brother who has a morbid fear of the shower and finds it funny to stick his smelly armpits in your face after working out..... If that aspect of this fragrance scares you away - then don't even bother...., because some of you will have an aversion to this "body-odour" aspect of the frag..... The solution....

Please try by any means possible to get your hands on Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert Extreme....... It's EVERYTHING this is- less than controversial cumin note... He substituted it for coriander I believe and it's a much mire palatable note- IMO...

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

All I had to notice was THE NAME: Jean-Claude Ellena! Nothing more needs to be said! The House of Hermes, L'Artisan Parfumeur- WOWZA! Can't wait to officially get a bottle of this stuff.... I've heard from a very very reputable frag reviewer that thus is THE BEST CITRUS out there.... That 4 me, makes this a "MUST-BUY"!!! For those of you who own it, your definitely in an elite group.....

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is a very natural smelling perfume. I quite like the zest of the bitter orange and the floral foundation does not overpower the fragrance in such a way that a man cannot enjoy wearing this one. I find myself reaching For Pulp and Terre more often, but that doesnt mean I dont appreciate this simple beauty.

My Score: 8.5

balkantraveler
balkantraveler

This started out with a fragrant scent of orange and grapefruit, but then within an hour or so I was left with the smell of something musty and dank, like a rotten orange. Maybe it just didn't interact well with my skin, but I would never wear it based on how it settled on me over time.

Even the initial scent was less-than-compelling. There's a difference between wanting a perfume that's "citrusy" and one that makes you smell like a grapefruit. This was in the latter category.

Exenidi
Exenidi

This is one of the best citrus frags on the market, lift-me-up-throughout-the-year one! Amazingly crisp at the start, developing quickly into a much warmer sweeter version of itself. It kind of blends with the chemistry of the skin and wears easily for up to 5-6 hours. I agree with one of the previous reviews, mentioning a hint of rotten satsumas:-) but please let this not put you off, it has quite a classy air to this, leaves you on the orange plantation under the tree where ripe and fallen citrus fruit is scattered on the ground ( sounds quite a clumsy description, hardly associated with class, but just try)...and a rare citrus frag that stands out, unforgettably...

ninjaove
ninjaove

wonderfull orange, warming, comforting and mature orange scent. on the down side is that the orange is allmost smelling like old/stale/ruttening oranges, but only Almost, Ellena used them one day before it became too late.

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

yet another orange influenced fragrance. i do like this bitter orange and the hint of a rose.. tho the rose is barely there it adds to the depth off this perfume. kind off making the bitter orange smell like crushed orange peels and fresh orange blossoms. i have notice that jean claude ellena has an affinity for the utilization of orange oils to emphasize freshness. it seems almost like it's a trade mark of his. tho he does have other creations i am just pointing out something i have observed. back to the fragrance.

the middle keeps a light orange essence and slowly blends out to a green partially rose infused scent that captures a moment of being in a garden.

to me the cedar is barely there and the grass and hay are very similar. maybe that's the strange dusty after smell i get at the end is hay?? i'm not sure.

this is a very nice and unique fragrance.

my overall rating is 7 out of 10. i think there are so many other fragrances that smell alike and to me this just does not shine past. TdH is a better version of what this used to be..

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE (SOUR) ORANGE AND THE ROSE

Initially the slightly sour orange with the hit of rose was a turn off.
After ten minutes, they seemed to make friends and I was open to sticking around.

An hour in, I was actually enjoying the conversation.

Longevity and projection need some work - and although this is not my taste, I can see this working out nicely for right nose.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Smells like Eau de Vert Extreme but not as classy or well constructed, the bitter orange top notes smell, on my skin, like oranges on the turn and ready for the compost bin

Roge'
Roge'

This is one of the most wearable fragrances that you will find on the market. This starts out somewhat fruity and very pleasant might i add. After the 1st hour mark, it turns into a soft floral rose. The citrus adds a masculine feel and the rose gives this a feminine vibe hence giving its unisex tag. In my opinion, this is to be sprayed on clothing for lasting appeal because the longevity is a bit suspect on the skin.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Déclaration's brother ? Maybe, but only when it comes to the top notes in that case.

A sharp bitter orange in the opening (very similar to the one in Déclaration), then the green notes come into the composition.
I'd describe it as a sort of toned down Déclaration, without spices.

I like it, even though it's a really weak juice : Bigarade Concentrée sitted close to my skin from the very first minutes, and had poor longevity.

Lovely scent but poor performances for the price.

henri345que
henri345que

Jean Claude Ellena is for me a kind of lazy perfumer that has learned to translate his laziness into a style which able to please and attract fans. But I'm disappointed with most of his creations, where one seems to reprise the other but without anything new on the structure. This is for me another variation of the woody -spicy minimalistic structure of Declaration, but here without any cumin and replaced with a fizzy but very bitter lemon aroma, as if you have rubbed the lemon directly into the skin. It sounds natural, but does it sound new? No, it's just a scent that fills this perfumer catalogue, made of some brilliant fragrances and all the uninspired childs he made based on them.

AJ73
AJ73

Clearly once more Jean-Claude Ellena got inspired by Edmond Roudnitska's Eau d'Hermes. Declaration, Bigarade and Terre d'Hermes all have this grounded, mature somewhat sanding orange. In comparison with the others Bigarade is calmer, simpler and more natural.

Interestingly enough, Frédéric Malle BIGARADE CONCENTREE appears to have been launched the very same year (2002) as Les Parfums de Rosine UN ZESTE DE ROSE. Citrus rose perfumes are few and far between, in my experience, so I was immediately reminded of the Rosine perfume upon donning the Malle today. Very similar line-up of notes, with the candied citrus rind dominating the rose.

This is a (nearly...) unique combination, and I like it for a change, but now I'm not even sure which of these two citrus rose perfumes I prefer! BIGARADE CONCENTREE opens with something ever-so-slightly rank, but it swiftly floats away so I do not want to eliminate it from contention for that reason alone.

In the end, I'm undecided. I like this perfume, but probably not more than the Rosine variation on the very same theme.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

What natural aroma of bitter orange, i feel kind of orange juice, perfect! A dash of rose mixed in an elegant tone, something rich that I can not explain, just feel.
The background with a beautiful garden and light woody cedar mixed is the key to close in a bright way.
Lovers of natural flavors, this is a must have for summer or spring.

Lindamch
Lindamch

I loved it in the bottle but sadly, on my skin, it turned and finished up smelling like cheap room spray. I gave it to my 24 year-old niece who loved it and is now on her third bottle. The moral of this story is - always try a sample first.

al.to
al.to

true bitter orange..it stings
after a while it round off itself
perhaps could be the rose and at the end you find rose and cedar
i can't detect hay..:-(
very nice bitter,
fresh and easy to wear
for all ages,all day ..unisex :-)
my next purchase

7.5/10

update:I think is the best orange cologne
maybe to much light and transparent but it could be a quality.
try to compare this to Declaration...

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A light fresh citrus on me. Given the whopping price tag, I was expecting this to develop into something richer and more substantial, but sillage was low and after about 30 minutes, this had disappeared from trace.

I'm usually not into citrus fragrances but This one is a standout. The opening is absolutely amazing with a "desweetened-candied" orange note that is one of the best around joined in a while by a moderate rose note reinforcing the scent and giving it some complexity and depth. The drydown is quite austere and woody but still very comfortable.

Bigarade Concentrè is one of the few perfumes in which I can stand the Rose note. it's functional, kind of an orange adjuvant and never dominating or overwhelming.

BC has all the JC Ellena hallmarks and for a few aspects it made me think of an expensive and precious prototype of Terre. Marvellous.

spirit966
spirit966

Very realistic bitter orange (or in Asia preserved and salted orange/kum kwats).

It only projects 2 hours on me though it will last more than 8 (when I shower I can easily smell it).

As such this probably will only be smelt in hot weather, only a summer fragrance or during humid days....

PV of 12.5% makes this and EDP.

flhterrie
flhterrie

Oh how I love this! It smells of pure citrusy orange and lemon to me, to the point it makes me crave a lemon to eat. I get no rose, no cedar, nothing but citrus in all it's glory. Unfortunately in 10 minutes I get nothing at all. Not the barest whiff left no matter how much or where I spray. This leaves me heartbroken.

mosesbotbol
mosesbotbol

Beautiful and pure fresh orange scent. I love it for 30 seconds and it's gone. Way too light a fragrance for me. Too bad, as my bottle is signed by Fredric Malle personally. It's a great fragrance for a lighter skin type do not want something imposing. Great for the office.

rikari
rikari

The sunlight glints on the waxen shell of the orange, and brings the fragrance experience which cannot be forged as gift for us. This is an explosion if I should characterize it with a sound. Unforgettable delicate citrous like that, succulent sweets manage to get into my reason from the fragrance, that feeling like this, Aqua Di Parma Arancia Di Capri-yeah caused at me last. The aroma of the fruity sweets spicy one, and the rose makes it unique him chortling, who constantly jabbers into the calmness of the seaside idyll. Fragrance lasting long, the head of which some woody component, which the northern cedar lends, opens in his bases, with a drop of green grassy character. Bigarade keeps his light, a fresh refreshment throughout his strength our start, a glow-worm calling some with his lamp in the night even glitter.

mellybee
mellybee

I've just tried Bigarade Concentree on my wrist and it smells exactly as my hand used to smell after peeling an orange. It has got that bitter orange zest smell in the top notes. Cedar and even more grass form the base of the scent but never at any point is the orange lost.
Bigarade Concentree is masculine enough for any man.
To me, oranges are particularly attached to christmas, so I'd wear it as a cozy winter scent.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I never thought that I could like a citrus based scent; but I guess you have to test one that is masterfully blended, like Bigarade concentree! Rich citrus is the key to this scent being wearable to me, I would not like it if it screamed "I am Orange!" No, this scent says calmly and confidently "I am nature and I am succulent." I imagine orange slices left to warm in the sun, then savored in late afternoon while sitting among tall grass with your back against a tree. The more I sniff, the more I appreciate and admire this scent. Not for everyone, Definitely has the "cologne" thing about it that Veruska mentioned and it would be considered too "manly" for some. I don't subscribe to those barriers, and feel quite confident and unapologetic about loving this scent!

vidacon
vidacon

I concur with everything veruska says.
I feel like I am in the minority. Just adore this along with the Cologne.
It is in my top 5 fragrances and nothing comes close.

veruska
veruska

This is one of the first niches that i ever had and a summer staple that i just can't be without.The bitter orange that sings cologne with heavy french accent, the rose that never leads to feminine paths but give a simmering beauty and the fantastic grounded( for a cologne) cedar ending conclude in perfection. I find it very strange that nobody else reviewed that, one of J.C. Ellena's undiscovered masterpieces. I take a bow!