Designers » F-H » Citrus « Groups

Cologne Indélébile Frederic Malle for women and men

Cologne Indélébile Frederic Malle for women and men
dislike

yellow floral

Cologne Indélébile by Frederic Malle is a Citrus fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Cologne Indélébile was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion. Top notes are bergamot and lemon; middle notes are narcissus, orange blossom and neroli; base note is musk.

Bergamot Lemon

Orange Blossom + White Musk

Cologne Indélébile Fragrance Reviews

something_wild
something_wild

I'm going to be honest, I am not a fan of citrusy fragrances. They tend to be too sharp and don't ever last long on my skin, however I am extremely impressed with Cologne Indelebile's longevity - I sprayed it on right after my shower this morning and it continues to dazzle on my skin 10 hours later.
Reminds me of Neroli Portofino but with more musk in the dry down. Smells very much like neroli and skin.

csaito
csaito

Citrus + neroli + orange blossom that in evolution persists the note of orange blossom with musk added.
It's not original, but well blended. Reminds me fleurs d'oranger (Serge Lutens).
It has moderate projection with high longevity (8-10 h on my skin).
For orange blossom fans is a good option, in addition also to match with summer.
In my case I love both orange blossom note as the work of this fabulous perfumiste which is Dominique Ropion. Worth a try.

3,5/5 stars

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Frederic Malle scents are really a mystery for me. Some smell nice, some smell cheap, some smell just as designer in a cheeky sleek-chic disguise. Cologne Indélébile falls halfway the last two categories for me – it smells a bit cheap, and it smells like something nearly any low-mid level cosmetics brand could make. Or probably has already made. Following the “eau de cologne” trend which seemed arising among niche brands in the past years – ah, the luxurious realm of creative freedom and pure artistry with no boundaries gifting us with long-awaited ripoffs of drugstore classics – Cologne Indélébile is, well, a very classic, very flat neroli-musk fresh scent with a delicate “laundry” feel of lavender and orange blossoms and an odd sort of nondescript aldehydic-woody base.The “grey” musk notes are rather strong, as soon as the zestier and rather pleasant citrus-neroli head notes tame down, that’s pretty much what you remain with. Sort of a clean, gentle, pleasantly dusty blossoms-infused musky drydown reminding me of Kurkdjian’s style, just tamer and drier. Just to be clear, Cologne Indélébile smells nice, but... I don’t know. I just really don’t see the point of paying so much for an astonishingly dull and uninspired sort of muskier take on 4711, or any (I mean it - any) other clean neroli-musk “eau de cologne” with no added value or higher quality - and surely no “niche” facet whatsoever, excluding the ridicolusly overpriced tag. It’s even wryly short-lasting. But who am I to judge - if it worked for Tom Ford, why shouldn’t it work for Fréderic too.

_Libertine_
_Libertine_

This is a puzzling scent, but not for any inherently daring twists in the overall impression. It is most certainly an interpretation of the classic summery cologne. Fortunately, it is pyramidal, which is great, but also where some of its oddness emerges.

The top notes are really charming. Orange blossom, neroli, fresh enlivening citrus. I really liked this fragrance for the first 10 minutes or so.

The dry-down was where it really rubbed me wrong. Yes, it's full of musk, but it's a blatantly overdone white musk, which I find a bit cheap. The character of the musk was cloying, overwhelming, and just really too powdery-soapy for my taste. Then again, sensitivity to musk is very individual, so this might smell just fine to many other noses. But seriously, there are SO MANY damn musks/musk blends to choose from, and this could have turned out so beautifully with a more animalistic or just less aggressive musk.

rumpusraider
rumpusraider

The top notes remind me of being a kid again, my dad wearing Sanborn's "Flor de Naraja", the essence which trailed him out the front door as he left for work.

The lemon and bergamot are nearly absent for me, muscled out of the way by the neroli and orange blossom which made this a "buy" for me.

A beautiful composition, all orange blossom and neroli for the first 15-20 minutes and then a clean white musk for the duration. Overall longevity, on my skin is 2-3 hours.

If you like neroli and orange blossom, this is a must try and better composed than Roja Dove's Neroli and Jo Malone's Orange Blossom or any other similar composition that I've smelled so far.

Worth every penny...

stevodubai
stevodubai

An avid appreciator of Msr. Ropion's creations, this subtle and astounding scent has been worth the wait. Chanel's Eau de Cologne is magnificent albeit lacking in longevity (I suppose that's the point), Tom Ford seems to want to play things safe and reimagine classic scents and stamp his name all over the genre (think of a tired "reboot" of a great movie) a la Neroli Portofino. Alas PFM has beatifully contributed, rather than reimagined. The notes have been mentioned over and over on this page - so I won't go there. But the warmth and ever so slightly dirty dry down will have that someone eating your neck. That or your money back.

And to add to Slapdash's testimony, the longevity is astounding although I can attest to it lasting from dusk till morning instead.

;-)

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Not at all sweet; the bitterness of neroli really comes through in this - the bergamot is also prominent. Rather less blossom, and I couldn't detect the narcissus. If you want a cologne with no floral or spice notes, and finishing with a clean scent, this is worth a try. My official sample only lasted 2 hours, but on a warm summer day; I'll test it again in winter!

Me.Teejay
Me.Teejay

Cologne Indelebile - No Nonsense cologne

A new release from the house of Frederic Malle by Dominique Ropion, this one doesn't offer anything new to the theme, and doesn't try to do anything different either. But what it does is, it offers an everlasting aroma that few colognes can truly boast of.

10-15 hours from a cologne? This one did it. Projection was low and mediocre, but it held its own in terms of persistence and longevity.

Crispy clean Neroli and Orange blossom with a good dose of clean musk, very minimalistic in its approach, it sticks to the basics and offers the comfort of long lasting cleanliness, something one might want for a long day at work.

Nothing special, nothing new - But, It just works! Price point is debatable and subjective, but for me, this one does its job well.

EnPassant
EnPassant

Okay okay... It's "a cologne"... But here the sillage/ longevity is quite impressive... which is completely unusual for colognes.
I'm not a huge fan of EdC in general... No place in my wardrobe for that. I have (and love) a big bottle of the Chanel Exclusifs Cologne that has been doing a very good job for me.
CI smells wonderful on my skin... Mr. Ropion, you did it again! Congrats!
Anyway, I can't wait till my Chanel's Cologne is gone then I'll have Cologne Indélébile for good... till that day comes I have a few samples of this beauty! Thanks Liberty! XX

Amer149

الثبات ممتاز
الفوحان متوسط الى قريب من الجسم

lilalina
lilalina

Beautiful cologne.. It's very classic and elegant, the bergamot makes it slightly peppery and smoky, more masculine.. Although i think it's a beautiful unisex cologne and i really enjoy it.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Recommend to try this in the very hot months. Get started now fresh citrus .. ..then become softer with notes of neroli and narcissus That gives a touch of freshness to the scent. It ends with white musk, which gives warmth and embracing all other notes. Smell very good, fresh gives me happiness, it is very bright, and musky! Suitable for the summer! Good work by Frederic Malle :)

Sillage: 7.5/10

Overall: 8./10

ddadam
ddadam

At first impression it smells like those cheap citrus colognes in plastic bottles from the local drugstore. But here the musk is its backbone. A strong sharp musk that actually made my nose run. The citrusses are nicely present and do not smell like synthetics. This cologne is on such steroids that the cologne keeps radiating! It is an unbelieveble perfomane for such a light weight ingredients cologne. However, the overall effect is actually heacache inducing, where the calming effect of the cologne is lost. So if you can handle the strong musk, youve got yourself a very powerfull cologne that last an incredible time. It is quite boring as it only enfolds citrusses. I think this performs much better than acqua di parma colonia, but then there are many other better interesting colognes out there.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

A spicy sparkling neroli fragrance. As a big neroli fan, I enjoy this one. Enough to pay the big price tag. Not sure, but it's a possibility.

slapdash
slapdash

A cologne is a cologne...is a cologne.

Dominique Ropion's version for Frederic Malle therefore isn't about reinterpretation - what would be the point? - but about a brilliant perfumer's expression of a classic on his own terms.

In a way, Cologne Indélébile is an evolution of one of his earlier works for the house, Geranium Pour Monsieur. For that fragrance he morphed an initial overdose of bracing mint into a base of warm musks, the transformation so startling that the scent didn't change tack so much as switch personalities.

That effect isn't so dramatic here, but Cologne Indélébile does play out like three fragrances in one.

The first is the Eau de Cologne you've smelled hundreds of times before, only amped up to the power of ten. It's formidable, a rampant lemon-led citrus taking on a monster neroli/orange blossom hybrid that is astringent, metallic and sweet all at once.

Phase two is the sort-of-but-not-really marine aquatic. As per Alex1984's review, there's a saltiness that comes to the fore, a coalescence of sweat from sunbathing and then taking a dip in the ocean to cool off. It's not tropical in any way but the connection is there to be made just the same.

Lastly come the musks, which instead of being of the soapy/white variety (as would seem to fit the brief of a cologne), sees Ropion flipping expectations on its head by delivering something more woody, smoky and dirty (though not anaimalic).

So where does this leave Cologne Indélébile? It's probably not a fragrance that's ever going to leave you in raptures because, well, I refer you back to my opening line. The transitions might even be construed as oddly jarring for such a safe, traditional scent. But I would submit the following: enjoy Cologne Indélébile for what it is, rather than for what it's not, and you may well end up being more enthused over time.

Extremely good longevity; on me it lasted from morning 'til dusk.

sphynxcat
sphynxcat

I sampled this in the FM boutique today and it is pretty much what I was expecting: a lasting fragrance in the style of a fresh-smelling cologne. There is the initial citric burst with bergamot being the most prominent to my nose. The prominent floral notes are present and pretty potent as well. Neroli and orange blossom are the stars here. There is supposedly a touch of petitgrain which lends a slightly earthy smell. There is little in the way of bitterness or screechy soapiness like I find in, say, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. I would say the projection is noticeable and it was still going strong after 3 hours where the musk became somewhat apparent. I had to wash it off before the full drydown because the sillage was not conducive to my work environment. I think it's a well done authentic citrus/orange blossom fragrance in the way Lys Medditerane is a well done realistic lily. I wouldn't wear either, however, as I just can't do intense white florals and fresh is not all that appealing to me for fragrance in general. If you like fresh and white florals, it's worth a sniff. There are similar veined fragrances out there but this smells like a high quality version of that theme.

jrv82
jrv82

Was it as good as I hoped?

The answer is YES! The opening is so crisp and clear from all the bergamot and lemons that I got goose bumps . The neroli is there too and everything feels familiar but with top qualitly in terms of both ingredients and craftsmanship. However, there is a flowery note that I do not recognize from other scents in this genre (probably the narcissus) which puts a twist to the creation. Drydown is like freshly showered skin and durability is good as the name suggests even if it gets close to skin after about 3-4 hours. Bravo Mr. Malle and Ropion!

myhorses
myhorses

It looks like this summer neroli , orange blossom and eau de cologne are "en vogue" . After JhaG' s Gentlewoman , Malle is releasing Ropion's interpretation of this theme .
Cologne Indelebile starts like a clasical soapy cologne , heavy on orange blossom , not impressive and quit dissapointing for me , I m not a cologne fan but the mid and basenotes - narcissus and musk - the "salty skin" note conquered me . It starts like a cologne and it ends like a light (animalic) musky perfume which lived only 4 hours on my skin with low projection

ScentedGent1
ScentedGent1

I can understand the dislike button being pushed a lot here but let's give it a real chance.

Alex's review below was excellent, and spot on about the stunning salty effect.

In the opening I get a zesty citrus with neroli and bergamot playing well together. There is also a slight lemon bitterness hidden in the back. You cannot escape a gentle creaminess coming from the florals. It is not too strong but compliments the fresh opening quite well. Have I smelt such an opening before? Of course.

As this dries the gentle and sweet florals combine with a stunning musk note that also has a salty aura included. The musky nature is deceptively sexy and gives a fresh scent a deeper personality.

All in all, this is not a revolutionary scent, but an addition to a small club of 'fresher' scents that exudes quality and can become a great every day scent for both sexes in the warmer months.

Longevity was around 5/6 hours with reasonable projection. I like this a lot.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Cologne Indelebile is a cologne. Plain and simple, and if you expect something groundbreaking you are in for a disappointment.
I know many people regard colognes as something plain. Something you briskly use after a shower to refresh yourself. But if you live in a Mediterranean country, somewhere where the scorching summer heat leaves you dried up, you know that a good cologne can liven you up. It's therapeutic and refreshing in the best possible way. But most of them barely last, so you need to spritz and spritz. And that's the pleasure of it; soaking up the citrus time after time until you feel alive again.
Now, give that cologne some heft, without compromising the refreshing factor, and you have Cologne Indelebile.
First thing I notice, sillage. Strong and powerful. Longevity around 8 hours.
So far so good.
What makes it unique is the salty skin effect. Ropion says he used an abundance of musks, white in particular, but the only white thing I smell, or better yet see, is the white light of the blazing sun.
It starts like a fine and elegant citrus cologne, the orange blossom ads some light sweetness and floralcy, narcissus gives it a bite, and the musks give longevity and warmth.
It's the equivalent of clean, slightly salty skin,at home, just back from the beach after a day soaking up the midday sun, with the skin covered in oils and creams, scented with an orange blossom perfume, topped up with a spray of a citrus cologne.
In these sunny days we are having in Madrid it feels great, especially if I add a spritz of a more floral perfume, or a musky animalic one at night.
But I feel that it will shine in July/August. The citrus will shine more, the musk will envelop more.
It's not groundbreaking, but it gets top points for being a true cologne with a fresh start, that never bores you with just that, it evolves like skin in summer; fresh/warm/salty/sexy.
Easy to wear, but not simple. My staple for this summer.

Edited to add: 08/07/2015
After various samples and decants, Cologne Indelebile has been a letdown. The gorgeous orange blossom opening remains, but the salty musk I liked has been replaced by a very screechy white musk that refuses to let go and that reminds me of nothing less than A&F Fierce. Go figure! Skin chemistry is weird. Weather as well. As of now, not sure if I would purchase.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Frederic Malle Cologne Indélébile fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Frederic Malle Cologne Indélébile, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cologne Indélébile by Frederic Malle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cologne Indélébile by Frederic Malle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.