Designers » F-H » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Dans Tes Bras Frederic Malle for women and men

Dans Tes Bras Frederic Malle for women and men
dislike

Dans Tes Bras Frederic Malle for women and men Pictures Dans Tes Bras Frederic Malle for women and men Pictures

Dans Tes Bras by Frederic Malle is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women and men. Dans Tes Bras was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. The fragrance features heliotrope, jasmine, woodsy notes, patchouli, pine tree, cashmeran, sandalwood, musk, incense and violet.

Heliotrope Jasmine Woodsy Notes Patchouli Pine Tree Cashmeran Sandalwood Musk Incense Violet

Cameo
Parco Palladiano III

Dans Tes Bras Fragrance Reviews

jtd
jtd

Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle launched in 2000 with a rock-star lineup of perfumers, including Maurice Roucel, who composed the culty Musc Ravageur for the brand. Art direction and commissioning independent perfumers was nothing new in 2000. In fact, it was the founding model of niche perfumery. Early examples Diptyques (1961), l’Artisan Parfumeurs (1976), Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier (1988) were still going strong. The Serge Lutens brand (1992) had attained permanent revolution and were the leader in experimentation.

Hip and trendy were taken, so Frédéric Malle took a different approach with his line. The strategy of the initial roster of FM perfumes was to emphasize quality and distinction. Perfumers were apparently given the edict and the budget to create perfumes of impeccable caliber and taste. Same principle as Amouage, different sensibility. The nine perfumes in the initial launch wore their perfumers on the label, reflecting Malle’s belief in the artist as well as his line’s concept of authorship and publishing. The art direction focussed on the perfumers’ signature styles. Olivia Giacobetti’s En Passant had her characteristic water-color dynamics. Angelique Sous la Pluie demonstrated Jean-Claude Ellena’s expertise with transparent tones. Edouard Flechier’s Lys Méditerranée fits his history of oversized narcotic florals. And so on.

Malle and Roucel were an ideal pair. Malle directed perfumers to work within their sweet spots and Roucel had a history of exploring a compositional motif over the course of years. Musc Ravageur was a tailored version of Alain Delon Lyra, a Roucel fragrance from 1996. Roucel would go on to create le Labo Labdanum 18, Helmut Lang EDP/EDC and Missoni by Missoni, variations on the same aromatic/musk/vanilla-chocolate theme.

Roucel and Malle collaborated again with Dans Tes Bras. Roucel had made violet the principle note of his hairspray-fantasy, Guerlain Insolence in 2006. He punched up the violet and the volume in the 2008 Insolence EDP. Dans Tes Bras, a violet perfume of a very different cut, was released the same year. If Insolence candied violet, Dans tes Bras fermented it. If you can imagine scent-scape of violets and toadstools growing out of vinegar-soaked concrete you’ll catch the shape of the perfume. It’s a doughy floral musk with notes of soil, salt, spice and sour skin. Our nose/brains are conditioned to try to sort scents. Materials that emulate botanicals are assessed for how ‘natural’ they smell while identifiably synthetic qualities aren’t expected to feign realism. Dans tes Bras flips the expected and uses floral notes like heliotrope and violet that smell for lack of a better word, unnatural. With an apparent overdose of cashmeran, the synthetic side of the perfume smells remarkably like something you know, namely concrete sidewalk drying after a rain .

Most Malle perfumes land in identifiable categories, the result of deliberately chasing the ‘best in class’ distinction that the Malle line aspires to. The risk is that many of the line’s perfumes can be seen as simply extra-fine versions of department store perfumes. Dans tes Bras, not so much. In a line that leans heavily towards florals it is the least conventional of the lot.

The Malle line seemed like it was headed for a soft landing even before Estée Lauder purchased the brand in 2014. Eau de Magnolia, Cologne Indelible and Monsieur were a citric floral-chypre, a concentrated eau de cologne and a Soli-patch. Finished and tony but a bit dull. I assume that each perfume in the Malle line will be looked at very closely by the Lauder accountants. If there is a thinning of the line, florals in particular, will Dans tes Bras make the cut?

gtabasso
gtabasso

What an utter disappointment! I bought 10 ml and regret it. I love it in the bottle, but on me, it is barely there; went on a lovely spice then immediately smelled like the antiseptic they use at an IV site or for surgery. No projection. No strength. Not even as good as a good soap after a shower.

lizakaya
lizakaya

this is stunning. who would have thought pine, musk, violet and woody notes would create something this lovely...it has an innocent feel to it, and yet slightly the slightly masculine notes still make a completely feminine fragrance.

polinamalina
polinamalina

Fresh, soapy and piney. Makes me think of the color white. There's not much warmth in this. Unpleasantly synthetic smelling. This could definitely be a smell of a washing powder.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I thought this was okay at best. Longevity and projection were pretty good. The scent doesn't change much on me. My wife said I smelled like an old lady. I enjoy the makle releases but I think I will pass on this one.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

I can hardly post a review, I'm so embarrassed. I'm thinking I'm anosmic to this scent, because after the violet and heliotrope opening, and the synthetic musk, I get nothing. Nada. No arms, no skin, nothing much at all. This is either the Emperor's New Clothes or my nose has had a major malfunction. I'm not a negative person, and we're all subjective about scent, so I'll just say try before you buy, I gave it two day-trials, and all I can smell is my own soap, which is Nesti Dante Broom, and that seems to have completely overwhelmed it. xx

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Well, despite I really, deeply dislike this brand, its approach to perfumery and its utter pretentiousness, I must admit Dans tes Bras is probably one of the nicest offerings by Malle (that says it all). Still dull for its price range and with a quite mediocre evolution, but well, there’s worse than this. It opens as a laid-back, cozy, simple yet quite refined and clean – a soapy, warm, talc and soothing kind of “clean” - powdery scent which blends a sparkling bergamot head accord, a rich, pastel lavender-violet-heliotrope heart and a smooth, warm musky-vanillic base enriched by Oriental notes of (I think) tonka and soft woods – for once, I clearly get a decent sandalwood reconstruction, with its proper “milky soapiness”, refreshed by an edgy note of cedar. All tinged with a very pleasant and subtle whiff of earthiness, avoiding any plushy-sweetish gourmand effect often associated to this type of compositions. On the contrary, Dans tes Bras feels initially very airy and actually quite simple too, with no traces of the “complex sumptuosity” that you often find in this type of Oriental powdery scents. Synthetic as hell, but well played.

So, a classy and affable Oriental cloud of talc at first, with powdery-floral-woody notes a bit in the vein of Villoresi Teint de Neige, or Boucheron Jaipur, with quite some differences though: smoother, cleaner, way simpler, much fresher, less sweet and completely “un-spicy”, more focused on gentle notes of violet and heliotrope paired with crisp woods and pine-infused balsamic notes of lavender. I really appreciate the initial herbal-balsamic vein which brings in a touch of “fresh air” and makes Dans tes Bras smell like a weightless, almost “healing” interpretation of a classic powdery Oriental floral scent. It feels extremely soapy and comforting to wear, and it performs quite well, with a transition towards a drier, earthier... and sadly, so much more mediocre drydown, which just like a beautifully painted Barocque trompe l’oeil concealing your crappy toilet, reveals the “hidden nature” of this fragrance: a flat, extremely synthetic base of “white flowers”, musky violet and generic “soft woods”. Not abysmal, but it’s always disappointing to see some “magic” vanish away so soon, especially if you’ve just spent a hell lot of money for it. I wonder if niche brands work with marketing agencies providing them with reports calculating the average time a customer needs to try a scent, complete the decision process and pay for it, and compose their scents accordingly. The transition is truly sudden here – from an almost-very-good fragrance to a cheap fabric softener.

Nonetheless, despite the disappointing evolution, I don’t feel bashing this scent. Or well, just a tiny bit. Even if it smells more and more cheap as minutes pass, it still keeps a pleasant presence on skin. So overall I would surely consider this not full bottle worthy at that price, not even half of it, but if you get it as a gift and you inexplicably resist to the temptation of making some good money out of it, I guess it can be nice to spray this for a sunny morning out for grocery shopping – completely pointless, but I guess it’s the kind of nonsense bourgeois “shabby chic” acts many Malle’s customers love.

6,5/10

rprovenz
rprovenz

Smells very unique. Roucel is a genius

emily7
emily7

First impression was evident mix of contradictions, but nevertheless pleasant, bright and cozy - quite original approach on heliotrope and violet here, I liked this very much.
Next is downhill; just incomprehensible, weird, sterile, cold and plain synthetic. Cashmeran? Synthetic musk?
Not for me.
Perhaps better on a man.

houstcs
houstcs

This is bizarre and hard to describe. It flows from soft green to bright yellow (maybe). It feels very soft while being loud enough to hear it. It doesn't scream out, but is perfect to sense for the wearer. I can honestly say I sense zero of the notes listed. It did not really remind me of anything or any other Malle. Smells great, but not necessarily spectacular. May expectations in waiting a year to get a sample may be clouding my judgment.

lilalina
lilalina

This is nice, soft heliotrope, almond.. with soapy vibe to it. The heliotrope in this smells similar to L'Eau d'Hiver's except this one is more musky soft and less sharp, the violet give a bitterness together with the pine.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Not bad, but not for me, I have a sample, I tried it but it gives me nothing special ... I do not want to give a vote of this perfume, I remain neutral.

sphynxcat
sphynxcat

I can't really say it smells "good" or pretty. I can only describe it as oddly alluring and addictive in an almost morbidly curious kind of way. I think Malle describes it as warm skin with a touch of sunscreen. I find it a stretch to think of it as a floral. To me it smells of some sort if lotion, maybe lanolin, slightly tangy,and unwashed hair or scalp which can be both alluring and repulsive simultaneously. Like when you hug someone with thick hair and you can smell lingering shampoo fragrance and that sebaceous oil smell. I find the effect to be what I believe was intended: the smell of skin in an intimate experience such as a hug. Not freshly showered clean but not dirty either. I actually like it. I say that because I'm compelled to keep sniffing my wrist in a way that doesn't happen with other perfumes. Not sure I would buy it but I'd want to keep a small sample around just for the experience once in a while.

black_orchid
black_orchid

Dans Tes Bras is one of the most orginal perfume on the world, in my opion. The dark, smooth and enigmatic in the line, the equivalent of contemporary art. I can understand excatly why some people don't like it. It is totally unusal and extraordinary. I LOVE İT!

Planet_X
Planet_X

Thats how I want my male friends or colleagues to smell like! Its crispy-clean but not sterile, its like washed by cold water face-fresh-ready-to-go scent. Alluring, positive, reassuring in way - "I know I look good" and gives clear thinking vibe
its on cold side, on airy side, yet the projection is very good over here, we dont have snow, but I feel, wearing it, like wearing crispy white shirt and walking on crispy white snow. Woodiness of pine absorbed by musk and nice heliotrope with sandal at the drydown.
Recommended for friendly tailored look.

archivist
archivist

Luca Turin once said that if Ivory soap could be rendered as a perfume, it would be a best seller. To my nose, this is that scent, but humanized. I realize that sounds banal, but it's actually a remarkable accomplishment. Most soapy scents are so aldehydic and harsh that they feel like sniffing straight laundry soap powder - abrasive and sneezy. Dans Tes Bras smells like hugging my mother or father. My mother keeps a bar of Dove soap in each of their dresser drawers (which are backed with cedar, I think), and it imbues the fabric with a lovely, close-knit freshness. The same effect is not accomplished by bathing with it, or even rubbing it on your wrist (I'm weird, I've tried that). This is such a beautifully fragile scent - I only used a dauber, and not very much (perhaps 1/5 of a ml). Perhaps the people who are getting metallic overtones received more juice (spray, etc.) and the increased dose is creating a different scent impression. I would not be likely to buy a full bottle of this, but I will certainly be on the lookout for it in swap and in decants, as it does evoke such a strong and pleasant memory for me, of my parents and their home.

nero77
nero77

A soft, thinking person's type of fragrance..

With this fragrance, Frédéric Malle brought back Maurice Roucel (creator of Musc Ravageur) to make a scent which captured the smell of warm skin... salty, warm and sensual. To do this, Roucel used a lot of Cashmeran®, a synthetic compound which smells like soft wood, sweet almonds, warm spices and light musk. What you get is a very intimate creation (entirely synthetic), but very sensual.

It works on two levels I think. One as a powdery, purple floral type (violet flowers, heliotrope, hints of jasmine), the other as a darker woody, musky, almost mineral-like fragrance (with Cashmeran®, White Musk, Incense, Patchoulli and Pine needles). I think the combination of these two levels (sweet & powdery vs dark, earthy & woody) is what confuses people when experiencing it.

To my nose this comes across mainly as a sweet, musky, earthy, violet & heliotrope type of perfume. It basically has a warm, musky powdery vibe which could work on either a man or a woman. I would say this reminds me a lot of a cashmere sweater, worn in winter by the fire. I see this as a perfect cold weather fragrance. Also, like many of Frédéric Malle perfumes, a little goes a long way. This would certainly last for a very long time if sprayed on a scarf or a sweater or any other material... and I think it would definitely compliment autumn and winter clothing very well.

I'll be honest, Dans Tes Bras is not a perfume to be fully understood at first sniff. It took me a long time to understand and warm up to it. This is why I call it an "intellectual" perfume, because once you realise how cleverly this is made, you really start to appreciate it even more. Nearly all the notes are synthetic, but they are very expensive and the perfume as a whole is extremely well made, but can be complex to a lot of people who don't have too much experience with a wide variety of perfumes. Synthetic notes, when used in the hands of a master perfumer like Maurice Roucel or Jean-Claude Ellena can influence incredible perfumes and make them works of art. Therefore there is no shame in buying a perfume that has a high concentration of synthetic notes (like in Dans Tes Bras) but especially when used so cleverly and inventively by the perfumer as to give you something really amazing to wear.

Even though I refer to Dans Tes Bras as an "intellectual" type of fragrance, I don't think you really need to have an incredibly advanced range of smell to appreciate this one. I think most people would see this as a sweet, musky, powdery scent (which is warm and sensual and expensive smelling). Another group of people may find it too dark and earthy and "weird" if they are not used to it. From my own experience, I've found that you actually need to give this one time on your skin, and a few wearings in the right amounts, that's when you can really start to appreciate it... and if you research how cleverly this has been created, you will perhaps understand and maybe appreciate it even more.

Get a small sample, wear it sparingly over a few days in the right weather, and see if you like it. Upon wearing this, you may get the impression of being in a deep, warm hug with someone you love. After all... it's name, Dans Tes Bras means In Your Arms.

cecfor
cecfor

My advise is to apply this spray and walk through. If I do it like that I get a wonderful close to skin soft soapy smell. Soapy without flowers. Clean. Piney. If I spray it directly on skin f.ex. In décolletage I get a nasty sharp eye-watering strong thing. Completely different. I love it in spray and walk-through and dislike it applied directly on skin.

hollyc
hollyc

I love, love, love Maurice Roucel but when I first tried DTB, I was very underwhelmed. I found it cold, tinny and synthetic and immediately put my sample away. Today, 1 year later I tried it again and oh my . . . . I still get that faintly metallic opening but it quickly transforms into musky powdery skin scent that is faintly sweaty, not in a cuminy way. Rather it's like you just got out of the shower on a hot humid day and you're hot and sweaty again. This has an intimacy about it that is hard to describe. It isn't strong and isn't a sillage monster but it is persistent and as you move about you get lovely wafts of it for many hours. I suspect it is better sprayed on skin as I works with our individual chemistry. I've never smelled anything like it and my credit card fears I must have it. Truly a unique beauty from a uniquely talented perfumer.

becuille
becuille

I'm with the people getting an odd, metallic sort of smell here. For me it's mingled with what I can only describe as a failed attempt at leather. A saddle in a hospital bed.

I just don't understand this one at all. Definitely not for me. It's original, I'll give it that, but there's something that's just so deeply unpleasant about this that I could never wear it again.

I think this is one of those perfumes you can either wear or you can't. There's no middle ground. If it works with your skin, you've probably found yourself something very interesting and maybe even your signature. But if it doesn't, it's just awful. Sadly for me, it doesn't.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

There's a synthetic musk in this which I forget the name of (Cashmeran maybe?) I'm guessing this is the reason why it's either love or hate. When I first tried Dans Tes Bras I thought there was something very wrong with it, then read reviews and realised why.

Definitely try before you buy. I agree with the reviewer below who describes a metallic 'bloody' note. If you've ever tried iron-rich water (very good for you!) then it's just like that.

But I can see that for others there's a soft, lovely quality to this. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Roucell's other work, and it does always seem to go that way - if you like one 'nose's' perfume you usually like all the others (For me Roudnitska and Olivia Giacobetti are favourites)

LB152
LB152

Perhaps I need more time with this fragrance but for right now…

I don't like it...

I don't like it at all.

It's a soapy-woodsy-piney scent thats difficult to understand beyond something that I would use to clean my wood floors or bathroom.

When I initially applied it…I thought "wow this is amazing!"

But after it settled down (60 mins later) I found it to be offensive and headache inducing.

Sadly, not my cup of fragrance tea.

foulandfragrant
foulandfragrant

A remarkable achievement. Powdery softness takes a nice turn after a few hours on my skin but fades far too fast. Roucel is a genius.

spidola
spidola

What a beautiful name and such an uninviting scent! I did read the reviews before testing it, but I did not trust them totally. I mean these reviews that were describing it as something sterile, medicinal, because I love the listed notes - heliotrope, musk, violet, pine... But I would have to trust them. The way these notes are mixed is unique. There is nothing fresh, nothing cozy, nothing protective… All I smell is some metallic, bloody, uncomfortable waft. The name should mean “In Your Arms” ,right? But, I’m asking, who is this You?? There is something cruel in this perfume. Somehow it remembers me Bernt Notke “Dance of Death”(the painting from 1463) – maybe also the Dans Tes Bras wants to remind us about our fragilities and the fact that all of us will be embraced by the Death at once… I do not know.
Being able to evoke these kind of emotions, I consider it certainly a masterpiece - when you feel that your soul has been touched, even if the emotions are negative, you met the Art.
But it ends there– I would never wear Dans Tes Bras.

Ludicolo
Ludicolo

*Mind blown*
I put Dans Tes Bras on me and immediately think; This is not a clean scent in the traditional sense.. not at all, this is VERY unique.

Every spring I help my father collecting and cutting firewood for the upcoming winter.
Most of the trees were taken down the previous fall and have since been laying on the ground through the winter months, making them wet from all the snow and rain.

Dans Tes Bras has the exact same smell of those wet, moss covered trees with an undercurrent of salty, human skin and a metallic note that makes me think of fresh, warm blood.
Dans Tes Bras is quite creepy and unsettling at this stage.
It does have an element of something clean too though, like industrial strenght detergent spilled over a mushroom, or mushrooms growing through a field of "alien" violets.

If this is the smell of an embrace it would be that of a person doing physical labour outside in the forest all day.
I can almost picture my fathers wet, soggy work clothes drying up near the fireplace, still covered with pieces of moss, pine needles and flower petals.
I love Dans Tes Bras for it's ability to powerfully evoke those familiar images in my mind.
Doesen't smell "sweaty" at all though, only "moist" and "musk like".

Dans Tes Bras is ultra dirty and hyper clean simultaneously.
It feels a bit like a contradiction really, a paradox.
Unfortunately I can't really seem to shake the feeling of a fungus infested house cleaned with bleach.
It also feels more alien like rather than human to me, what human naturally smells like this?!

Very interesting and unconventional fragrance for sure, NOT one you wear to smell "fresh" or "pretty"!
It feels very mysterious to me.
If you want to stand out in a crowd, then wear this.

Although I don't wiew Dans Tes Bras as a wearable scent for me personally, I still have great respect for it.
I'm almost tempted to buy it just so that I can smell it from time to time and have it blow my mind all over again!

This would fit wonderfully in both spring as well as autumn.
The lasting power is pretty good, easily between 8-10 hours on me.
sillage seems overpowering at first, but it does soften down nicely as time goes by.
It does have a good throw to it however, and putting too much on could get truly nauseating.
Maurice Roucel is a genius!

Michael1962
Michael1962

Unfortunately this doesnt work for me and doubly disappointing as I am an admirer of Frederic Malle's innovative fragrances.
There is waaay too much doing on and there is no structure to my way of thinking.It comes across as loud,unnerving and in my case almost headache inducing.
I really like jasmine but I cant detect it at all here,its completely drowned out my everything else going on.Much the pity really :(
Frosty and metallic and not for me.

Germany
Germany

Judging by the notes this should be my favourite fragrance, also I love FM , so I ordered this blind !

Biggest mistake ever !!!

Returned it the next day !

I am with you christianne1 this has got to me the oddest smell ever. Maybe it gets better the longer you wear it but I couldn't wait that long. Its unique I give it that much.
It smelled like cleaning products with a load of bleach , some turpentine mixed with it. Like a crime scene that's getting sterilized and cleaned up , blood getting scrubbed with sanitizer and bleach and really cheap soap.
This is suppose to smell like a hug, like a skin scent, how disappointing, it smells so utterly weird and sterile, of hospital sheets, in fact now I remember what it smells like. Hospitale sheets. ,,,,,,!!!! Exactly!!!!!! OMG why couldn't I think of this earlier. When I had my babies this is what it smells like. Hospital, sterile , bleach, blood , identical to that. Maybe that's why I don't entirely hate it, it SCARES me more than I hate it. I can't believe this.
Update , I had a conversation with my friend the other day and she said to her it smells like seamen , cum, bodily fluids. I agree, it has that " quality" as well lol
Update ; I had a small sample left and gave it to a friend to try as she didn't believe my review and that such a fragrance exists and she , not a word of a lie, gaged when she had it on. She said it smelled like a blood and sperm mixture. Ah ugh that sums it up !!!

christianne1
christianne1

I think Maurice Roucel is brilliant and I am completely infatuated with his creations (and consider Musc Ravageur one of the greatest of all time) and I don't think it gets much better than the Frederic Malle line....but this is an utter disappointment for me.

To me, Dans Tes Bras does not smell like a fragrance for a body. It has a somewhat unreal quality to it. It isn't shower fresh to me at all, it smells more clinical or laboratory type of "clean". Sterile or something. Sterile mixed with a musty, somewhat fungal smell. And some flowers. I certainly do not find it sensual as it has been described. It's not pretty, not masculine, not fresh, not sexy, not sensual....I'm not quite sure what the goal was here. But to each his own...I know there are people who like it. But it sort of creeps me out just a tad, can't quite put my finger on why. I just simply do not get this one.

But I still worship at the alter of Roucel and Malle but Dans Tes Bras was not meant for me.

EDIT: Germany NAILED it perfectly. It smells like hospital sheets!! There could not possibly be a more accurate description of it for me. Amazing that she realized precisely what it smells like. It smells like sterile "clean" mixed with sickly and some floral hand sanitizer.

Jellybean
Jellybean

My initial impression of this scent "This smells puzzling"... As many notes are competing here and are equally present. In a few minutes it smells like a clean shaven man's face and shampoo literally. Very clean, unisex, better for men's wear, that emanates freshness "just got out of the shower and made myself look nice for you":) It softens and becomes closer to skin with time. Pleasantly clean fragrance.
This would be a nice expensive present that both of you can enjoy or share :)

DutchBalLover
DutchBalLover

Intrigued by the love-or-hate sentiments here, as well as a mention an an article in Allure magazine recently I tried and bought it. To me this is the perfect "your skin but better" scent, just like finding the perfect nude makeup which makes you look like you, but better, or like wearing his sweater when you're feeling lonely. Very pretty scent composition, not perfume-perfumy at all. Very well done. Thank you Mr Roucel.

Edit: depending on the time of month, this turns into bad body odour onto me. Naughty frag.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

A weird combination of violet and synthetic musks, coupled with waxy and soapy floral aldehydes a dry and dusty note and an earthy note that does indeed culminate into the smell of... mushrooms.

Skin? Well sure; soapy hands handling lab grown mushrooms under harsh artificial lighting.

The synthetics are left very bare in this (fairly common to Roucel creations) and overall, it just is not a pleasant experience.

(Smells like a huge dose of aldehyde-c12 in this one, which also evokes, in addition to soap, the smell of that liquid bubble formula.)

iivanita
iivanita

Clean musk, this is rare example how one can make synthetic scent that smells really interesting and attractive, transparent, but not empty, it starts reallysoar- weird, unpleasant but soon develops into second skin, ideal for summer heats, one of those musks that don't smell familiar-fresh but not laundry smell, and almost woody

globalscene
globalscene

you know that scene from jurassic park with the goat being the bait

antfarm
antfarm

This smells just like breaking open a birch twig used for making birch beer, or what some people call sasparilla.

It is woodsy, sweet, and warm. It smells very natural and outdoorsy. It eventually fades into a somewhat boring but comforting skin scent. "Dans tes Bras" is a suitable name, as it feels like being hugged by someone in the woods.

Not sure I'd wear this, but it would make a great candle or room scent. Lasts for about 4 hours.

ladykarl
ladykarl

Dans tes Bras
does have this feeling to be born out of a romantic
dreamers art studio
with peeling walls and candles lit

Imagine parisian revolutionaries
painting and creating love poems
inside while its raining
always a little intoxicated
in underwear

impressionistic
sensational
sexy

unfortunately it makes me sneezy
and i can hardly wear it :(
but i love it just the same

FINMAC
FINMAC

I bought a sample of this as I love any perfume from the house of Federic Malle.Unfortunately, on first spray it was waay too overwhelmingly masculine for me and I threw it in to my basket of "mistake purchases ". Some time later I was going through one of my (now) regular periods of penury and revisted said basket, came across the sample and decided to give it another chance. Well, what a dfference a few months (and straitened financial circumstances) make!! This is exactly the smell that I imagine would have exuded from my French lover if I had been lucky enough to nab one during my year spent in a Parisian garrett. Instead, my only companion during those cold nights were a bunch of Dick Francis books kindly donated by a fellow Irish exile. Anyway, I digress.... this is a warm sexy very French embrace and I only wore it for myself, feeling in the process that I was being slightly unfaithful to the love of my life but hey, a girl has to have her secrets.......

dodacon
dodacon

I usually stick to celebrity scents - that way, if somebody says, "It stinks!" I can just answer, "But it's JLo or Alain Delon," and they back right off. However, the first time I wore DANS TES BRAS, I sprayed a bunch of it in a movie theater... I had gone to see the 3D reissue of AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER on my birthday, and was feeling particularly festive, so I doused myself when the lights went down. Well, the people around me started asking, "What is it?" and I passed them the bottle. They sprayed it too, and by the time the movie ended, the bottle was half gone... a good thing it was a birthday gift? Now, owing to these circumstances, I can only imagine Deborah Kerr wearing DANS TES BRAS as she listens to Grandmother Janou adding those tender grace notes to her piano version of A LOVE AFFAIR... impossible timewise of course... I'm guessing DK might really have been wearing ANTILOPE or ECUSSON... unless her suburban streak had taken over in Hollywood and it was TIGRESS or TWEED!

natalia.morozova
natalia.morozova

Very beautiful and strange at the same time, very animalistic – hard to identify what it is – intimate, perfume for yourself:) special. I have tried it a few times – and always have a feeling that it is very attractive and everyone feels it on me, and looks at me. it does not perfectly fit me style and personality but I still think about buying it for the sake of having this masterpiece.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Extraordinary, special, original. DTB does not need more words.

silfra
silfra

The most amazing opening ever seen. It must be the cashmeran with its woody (pine)and floral (heliotrope, violet) notes. The start is the PERFECTION floral, violet, heliotrope.. It develops into a soft moss,near to mushroom. Here, I know it develops differently depending on the people, but luckly on my skinchemistry is sublime.
The drydown is discrete, a wonderful salty woody skincent. Wearing it I feel safe, feeling good.
Perfect for a Very Special "physical meeting"... It will be unforgettable.
Beautiful and absolute amazing. Thanks Maurice, this and Musc Ravageur are two of my very very favourite fragances.

Lambis
Lambis

I love it. But not as a perfume. I am from Greece Crete and its remind me of those sunny days in the secret beaches that i keep them for me and as this i feel it. For me its a very very private sent that u like to share with some special.
Dans Tes Bras is like a tattoo in my skin. After 24 hours and after 2 showers i can still smell it strong.

querelle
querelle

THE WAY WE GO by Katharine Thomas:

The way we go about our lives
trying out each empty room
like houses we might own
eavesdropping for clues in corridors until
standing at a gate or attic window
seeing beauty in a flag of sky
we're gone, leaving the doors open
all the lights burning.

This poem sums up the smell of Dans Tes Bras perfectly, IMHO. And I do believe that it is the most brilliant perfume of our times. I love it deeply.

dead
dead

Just got a sample of this scent today. On me it's like entering a brand new house. The smell of paint, wood and the wooden furniture. Woody and spicy. And then I feel like there are some animals inside the house. For me it's totally interesting, but somehow lonesome.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

I bought a sample.On me the scent progress is this:
topnotes: latex paint
heart notes:baby powder (heliotrope and jasmine?)
basenotes: latex paint.
Considering that my parents are planning on repainting our house's interior-so I should get PLENTY of time with Eau de Paint,and that latex paint isn't an adored note of mine,I think I can safely pass on this and use the $$$$ on something that I do love.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

As a Maurice Roucel fan, I had to sample this one. LOVE IT!

I can only refer to the first review by "rebella" in this column and might wanna add: "It's like an Alice in Wonderland" 3D film experience.

I will buy and wear this for late winter/ springtime when mother nature returns to life.....as a matter of fact this makes THE perfect Easter gift (to myself!)

For now I am still enjoying my Xmassy "Musk Ravageur"!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

The opening 60 seconds of Dans Tes Bras has to be the most thrilling olfactory experience of my life. My mind stands still to appreciate the richness of what just happened.

After that, I begin to ponder the implications of the name Dans Tes Bras or 'In Your Arms' in relation to the skin scent of a lover vs the pervasive mushroom odour which puzzles my nose. What manner of skin disease does my lover have? Ach, putting that conundrum out of my mind for a moment I am again arrested & thrilled by a sweet, dirty violet.

It wasn't until my third testing that the saltiness begins to manifest to my nose and I start to understand the skin scent, although that exciting organic vegetal earthiness with the gorgeous sweet undertones is still very apparent.

The drydown in comparison is disappointing, being a simple (in comparison) musky, woody trace upon the skin.

I find it eminently wearable, although it is more of a lonesome scent than that of a lover's touch. The conversation between human nature and the fertile dark earth underfoot. And a mushroom or two.

Maki
Maki

The reviews got me interested so I smelled it yesterday...I hated it at first sniff...I don't know if it's in it, but I smelled leather (which I hate in perfumes) along with some souer notes I couldn't place. In the drydown it develops to be a bit more tender, but...no, not for me this one...
The lady in the shop told me that men love this on a woman...but I couldn't care less...I rather get no attention at all than having to wear a fume I dislike!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Just two words: STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL.. I can agree with most other fans here:the opening of that perfme IS magic,gorgeous and I m out of words here.. alas,after one hour or so only a faint scent of the violet and jasmine is left and its getting weeker... so I have a trick: put on a little unperfumed skin oil or even sunstick for the lips without perfume and it will stick an hour or so longer to your skin and that is sooo nice: ONE MORE HOUR of magic!! BRAVO Maurice! If you are a fan of MR try his newest one for Linari: Acqua Santa.. that is my personal favourite of his creations,it s even more sparkling,multilayered, strange and beautifully feminine..

libertybelle
libertybelle

Not for me either when all is said and done. After applying all that ran through my mind for a few minutes was flowery animal pee! Then it dried down much better. Close to the skin, very sexy in a metallic sort of way. And I do like the violet quite a bit. But turn my head the wrong way and I occasionally get a whiff and am reminded of semen. Not exactly what I'm looking for! It could just be my body chemistry but the few parts I did like are far outweighed by those that I don't.

jtsmith09
jtsmith09

Firstly, I have to comment on the packaging. The Box is in black which can be known to be a sign of protection and loyalty, and then when we come to the bottle, we have the same black background for the labels but it gets contrasted very well with the colours white and red. The colour white usually sums up purity and serenity which is perfect. Then we have the colour red which is complemented by the white and black, the colour red usually means the colour of passion, love and flirtation. With this fragrance being designed for both men and women they have incorporated the male and female colours. Black is usually a strong and powerful colour, whereas the red, in this case is softer and sweeter. They both indicate that the fragrance is male and female within its manner.

The bottle design shows a simple structure, although it's a powerful stance that says we can be simple but we can be powerful, showing that the fragrance is an intimate and passionate as well as powerful and well grounded.

Looking deep within the soul of the fragrance we have a rich colour of gold. Gold is usually well known for wealth and fortune as well as elegance. The rich golden colour reminds me of the golden sun rays beaming down upon my face, so therefore the fragrance uplifts my spirits before smelling the notes.

Furthermore, when it comes to the inner most secrets, the perfume notes it has heliotrope, jasmine it then mixes with woodsy, patchouli and pine. Within the fragrance they have used Jasmine to uplift the spirits of the wearer as well as keeping a firm grounding sensation due to the patchouli. This is a very floral, woody fragrance. I feel that the fragrance uses very good and powerful pulls on a person’s psychology when it comes to the scents the work that has gone into the designing this product is very outstanding.

When it comes to fragrances I like to study the perfumes pulling skills with its packaging, choice of colours and fonts, maybe this is where my media skills come in. But then I smell the fragrance to see if I was right in what I wrote. I believe that this fragrance if very pleasing to the olfactory nerves as well as uplifting the spirits but giving it a sense of grounding and patience with its deep woody base.
by
Jaymie Smith

susanamia
susanamia

I admit it, I have a thing for Maurice Roucel - everything he touches turns to gold, in my book.
I heard about Dans Tes Bras, and knowing it was his creation, just had to try. One pssssht, and I was hooked.
It's like Apres l'Ondee on steroids. Whereas, (although I wore it for years) Apres l'Ondee seems innocent, and almost youthful, Dans Tes Bras is a complex skin scent. It is like both the lovemaking and the afterglow, like symphonic music with a little electric guitar thrown in as a surprise. It is both familiar and new.
I totally agree with Rebella - the first half hour to hour is like magic. The violet takes you straight to the woods, where you feel the moss under your feet, and beneath your nose, with the wood and mushroom in harmony. It's both dark and airy as it dries down to a soft powdery, irisy level that stays and stays. It's green and violet and wet wood all in one. Feminine without feeling like a whole bouquet.
Maurice set out to duplicate skin - he is a genius, and at least on me, it becomes my own skin, very familiar, while remaining fresh. Bravo!

Maugli
Maugli

Perfect. I was looking for something of Guerlain's L'Instant nature... but something where jasmine is not so prevalent and without the heavy musky vanilla drydown. Dans Tes Bras fits those conditions perfectly. Jasmine is very audible but not prevalent, the switness is replaced by bitter fresh notes. And it just smells of sex... whatever that means - salty earthy alert scent. As it turned out L'Instant and Dans tes bras have same author... and if you want something even more exotic - try Iris Siver Mist form Lutems - yet another creation of Maurice Roucel.

Robert White
Robert White

I'm sorry, ladies, but I think that Roucel (who has created some GREAT perfumes, Musc Ravageur, the ones for Bond #9, Insolence...) has crapped out on this one. To me, it smells like an unpleasant smelling but expensive soap. And the scent lingered on my wrist for hours! For what Frederic Malle charges ($290 USD) at Barney's New York, it's just not worth it. Sigh...I LOVE damn near all of the Frederic Malle line...Iris Poudre, Bigarade Concentree, Noir Epices, and the MIGHTY CARNAL FLOWER! When I meet my true love, she's getting that. I don't know anybody who doesn't think it's irresistably sexy...Ropion is probably my favorite perfumer, along with the (sadly deceased) Germaine Cellier, and Bernard Chant. I just wish I could keep up with the new stuff! But on my budget, I have to concentrate on tried and true classics. At least I know that I'm always in good taste, eh? Well, Maurice, back to the perfume organ, I'm sure you will astound us once more!

rebella

Thank you F_A. :) I think this is a one of a kind fragrance, but at the same time is it like small drops of Tocade is inside the perfume, I guess it sounds quite weird?

F_A
F_A

Thank You rebella for a nice review - reading it I imagined Alice in Wonderland :) Could You tell whether this fragrance resembles any other?

rebella

Imagine your self born out of a violet. This is how this perfume starts on me. It capture me from the very beginning. I stumble down from the violet and land in the soft moss just near a big mushrom. I think I am some sort of littlest fairy and all the wonderful fragrances around me are so big, beutiful and absolutly amazing. I am taking a flight in the enchanted forrest and it is so utterly well done that I almost cry. There is threes, violets, mushroms, moss and behind some bushes I am sure there is a fox (or a big, bad wolf?) sleeping. Flying through the forrest I discover that another little fairy had flew before me, I think it is the Maurice Roucel-fairy that has spilled out small, delicate drops of Tocade all over the forrest.

I have never experienced such a beutiful, magical opening as with this fragrance. It is like being transformed to a fantasy fairytale with bright colours and a lot of magic. The first halfhour of this perfume is perfection in a bottle.

I do think that it develops differently on different people. Unfortunatly the drydown dosen´t live up to the opening. The drydown is a soft, discrete and nice skinscent. A bit powdery, a bit musky and a bit salt, really nice but not so special. For me, with this fragrance is is all about the opening. On a scale from 0-5 I give the opening 10! :) The rest is probably a steady 4, but it is like a real dip compared to the opening.

A must try just to experience the opening! Even tough I am sure that it all depends on nose and skinchemistry how it develops.