Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Lipstick Rose Frederic Malle for women

Lipstick Rose Frederic Malle for women
dislike

Lipstick Rose Frederic Malle for women Pictures

Lipstick Rose by Frederic Malle is a Floral fragrance for women. Lipstick Rose was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Ralf Schwieger. The fragrance features rose, violet, musk, vanilla, vetiver, amber and grapefruit.

Rose Violet Musk Vanilla Vetiver Amber Grapefruit

Drôle de Rose
Les Exclusifs de Chanel Misia
Insolence Eau de Parfum

Lipstick Rose Fragrance Reviews

Neosmiaphyte
Neosmiaphyte

I wondered into Barney's on a recent trip specifically to try this Malle since I read it was supposed to be a better version of my beloved Jo Malone and MMM Replica Lipstick On. The SA said this was their beat selling Malle and gave me the bottle, allowing me a full wear on the skin. I was sorely disappointed. I didn't get creamy, waxy, violets or true rose.I didn't get anything remotely cosmetic or lipstick or rose. What I did get is an honestly forgetable floral. It had almost no silage, sitting very close to the skin. Luckily for me, it didn't last long, it was gone in a few hours.

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

Love at first sniff! I have a spray sample and I am sure I will drain it to the last drop! Gorgeous - the perfect lipstick scent - softly rosy, creamy, a little waxy - the perfume captures the waxy texture of lipstick without actually smelling like wax. Its rich, deep and complex - you get the feel of layers and complexity even though the perfume does not go through a lot of evolution.

I will have to decide what to do after I finish my sample - this is a perfume I would like to have in my wardrobe. However, I already have Drole de Rose which it is often compared to. I like Drole de Rose, but it is a much lighter, less complex and less rich perfume than Lipstick Rose. There is no doubt in my mind which one is better, which one I prefer. Sillage and longevity are excellent on my skin - Lipstick Rose is absolutely beautiful and full bottle worthy.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Oh, Beautiful Lipstick Rose, The Queen of Pin-Up Scents. I absolutely adore you. I've lost count of the amount of reviews I've read that start with "I wouldn't usually wear something like this, but I love it". Well, these types of scents would definitely be my usual choice; this is what I'm always looking for! This is what I love. I love perfumes that project classically feminine auras that smell vintage, yet modern. This is Lipstick Rose exactly. Wearing this makes me think of pale skin, hourglass figures in well-fitting dresses, tiny waists, and smiling, rosy-cheeked vintage pin-up girls.

Malle's version of the "lipstick" scent is my favourite of the genre so far. It is full and rich and creamy and sweet, and is much better blended than Chanel's Misia or YSL's Paris, in my opinion. The second two choices are more elegant, ladylike and softer than this one, so they may be better for you if that's your preference.

Lipstick Rose is a very sweet perfume, but not in an aspartame or chemical sort of way; this is like wearing candied violet jam. The violets also add a sort of modern-day sweetness, which prevents this rose perfume from smelling too dated. This note is also the most prominent on my skin, along with waxy undertones, that echo the scent of vintage lipsticks. It smells full and round and smooth, like the curves of bee-stung lips and the red rouge that stains them. During the dry-down the scent looses some of it's potency, and develops into a cleaner, muskier, more delicately powdered and silken rose. I also think that I can safely wear this one because of the blend; roses sometimes smell like pot-potpourri to me unless they are extremely well-blended with other notes, and because they are in Lipstick Rose, happily, this perfume works very well for me. The sillage is perfect; soft to moderate in strength, and longevity on me was about 9-10 hours.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

What hasn't been said about lipstick rose? It's creamy, sweet, floral, powdery, cool, and nostalgic. As I sprayed it on myself today for a deluxe pedicure and dinner with my best friend I thought this scent was just perfect for the occasion. A celebration of one of the many facets of feminity.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Lipstick Rose evolves so quickly on my skin. It begins as violet pastilles mixed with rosewater that almost immediately becomes a soapy, powdery rose reminiscent of Penhaligons Elisabethan Rose before settling down five minutes later into the scent of a Lancôme lipstick mixed with a touch of vanilla. On some days I smell the vanilla more than on others because it's barely perceptible to begin with. My skin tends to draw out vanilla notes, but vanilla is never a strong note when I wear Lipstick Rose.

It has been many years since I wore Lancôme, but in the 90's they had a rose imprinted into the lipstick, and they smelled like rose too, which I liked so much back then. Feminine, chic, and fun!

I went to Nordstrom and sniffed a Lancôme lipstick, and sure enough, it matched the scent of Lipstick Rose almost perfectly. It was rosy, just a little waxy due to the lipstick itself, and then it had a tangy note in it just like the perfume that keeps the scent from smelling too stuffy and old-fashioned. But I was amazed that I was right on the money.

The thing is: I love Lipstick Rose, but it only smells like Lancôme lipstick. It is not my "go-to" for the powdery cosmetics and lipstick scent that I love. My own personal favorites are the newest version of YSL's Rive Gauche, Chanel's new Misia, and Maria Candida Gentile's Burlesque, the latter of which is underrated and overshadowed by Sideris.

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

I want to make you laugh.i am walking with a stick because of a kidney stone which will be shatered in some horrible medical procedure,i cant open my left eye properly because of a bad operation 3 infact and the kidney stone bends my spine because of the pain so i feel i look like the witch of endor and she must have been ugly!!!.i received my lipstick rose yesterday and generously applied.i noticed i started to sing.the most amazing thing that happened due to this wonderfull elixir of love is two not one gentlemen offered to take my purchases from the supermarket to my car following the trail of lipstick rose.i know it was the perfume,they were young men,there must be a secret testoteron booster added.i think it is the most beautiful perfume ,i have many and there are many yet to be tried out there.it reminds me of my beautiful mother and her arden lipsticks.this is a happy youthfull mood changer and a work of art.so i feel much better mood wise.it has every note i love,what a potion what a gift.i recommend this perfume after surgery or physical and mental trauma ,i know iv been there, and it is gorgeous, will knock 10 years of any age.so if you want a trail of handsome young men offering their services in the nicest possible way ,apply lipstick rose.
MR SCHWIEGER you are a genius,thank you.

Marissaluvsscents
Marissaluvsscents

This does something to me. Like makes me roll my eyes back into my head and also feel so nostalgic. It's so unbelievably mmmmmm. I need this in my collection. I wouldn't want it to be my signature but testing it again tonight I wouldn't want to live without it. Better that 95% of the many many many many frags I've tested or owned. It's a must. Love. And it is completely true to its name. Vintage, red lipstick feel. Pinup classic.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

This smells like all the good in the world squeezed into a tiny container. You alone have the power to release the divinity, spray it into the air, inhale, and feel reborn. So much more than roses, this is the perfume equivalent of a spiritual awakening.

jean-marc sinan
jean-marc sinan

[review originally posted on MakeupAlley in 2005]:
Lipstick Rose is a treat. Uplifting, unusual, deceptively simple, it's what I reach for when I need a pick me up. Given to me by a treasured friend (thanks vidabo.x) I've just about used up the 50 ml with joy in about 3 weeks...It is expensive, but a collection of memories like these in a bottle is worth a splurge.
The bottle is also special, like an ink well, and the packaging, and with all Malle's, seems perfectly suited to the contents.
This is the incomparable scent I was waiting for...My experience with Lipstick Rose has proven how life affirming it is to receive thoughtful gifts, and make a perfume one's own.

annija8
annija8

Lipstick Rose is a very feminine retro-style fragrance. It smells like perfumed powder and lipstick - amplified to the max. While makeup has this barely there scent, Lipstick Rose is very powerful, a bit choking even. I make sure to never spray it on before breakfast because it gets nauseating on an empty stomach.

mrsg34
mrsg34

Retro, powdery, lipsticky beautiful perfume. I adore this scent, good longevity, good projection so demure and womanly love it.

Nathalie xoxo
Nathalie xoxo

This fragrance is beautiful, feminine, with a retro vibe. Unfortunatly (at least for me), it's way, but way too powdery, it even dries out my nostrils when I smell it.

kibbled
kibbled

Glamorous and retro. Roses, violets and a strong raspberry note are dominant on me, although there is enough musk and vanilla to soften any blousy shrillness the fragrance may threaten at first spray.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Was fortunate to receive a bottle of Lipstick Rose as a Christmas gift. This glamorous EDP provides a decadent touch of retro. Initially, I was struck by the feminine rose accord, followed by powdery violet and iris. The berry base notes of raspberry, strawberry, and blackberry mingle beautifully with vanilla bean. About a half hour later, sharp, soapy grapefruit peel appears.

The warm richness of Lipstick Rose is elegant and very "Old Hollywood". Lipstick Rose is definitely reminiscent of YSL's Paris as well as Fred Hayman's Touch With Love--as other reviewers have mentioned.
Lipstick Rose is a welcome addition to my perfume wardrobe, although I still prefer Malle's rose masterpiece, Portrait of A Lady. Yet, my husband adores Lipstick Rose because it conjures up visions of "pink rose petals, lemonade, and cotton candy". Enough said :-)

Teorema
Teorema

I do not know what vintage lipstick smells like as i'm a bit too young to ever have smelt it myself or have anyone else to refer through. But I can certainly imagine it would smell like this...hence the name Lipstick Rose. But I like it -- violets, roses, and powder. I wish I wore this sort of lipstick! While it isn't my favourite from Frederic Malle, it is certainly a good offering if you enjoy those three aspects and a sharp, floral blast at first. Or enjoy similar perfumes.

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

Now, why did I have to go and order a sample of this? I have enough perfume; I do not need to be wanting something else. And I DO want this!

On my skin, Lipstick Rose goes through a full revolution that starts out with fresh rose, goes to powdery rose within a half hour, then rose/violet powder, then soft candied violets two hours in. Just when I thought I lost the lipstick vibe, it returned to its beautiful rosy violet stage, slowly evolving yet again to lovely floral wax and powder. This is the scent of the L'Oreal lipsticks of 10 years ago, before they changed to a silly fruity smell. Half the reason I used those lipsticks then was because of the fragrance, and Frederic Malle has kindly replicated it for me. Uncanny.

This fragrance is sophisticated and gently sweet, really out of my comfort zone but I think I have to squeeze it into my collection. There is something a tad melancholy about it, in the way that Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue is melancholy. I tried layering it with Christian Dior Homme Intense...gorgeous combination and the the FM actually outlasts the CD. Try it for a double dose of makeup - lipstick and old fashioned face powder in one!

I love this.

RazzmaTazz
RazzmaTazz

I love love love this perfume! It's soft and creamy, waxy, compact and smells like....lipstick! High class vintage glamour lipstick that is. The rose is waxy and voloptuous and not green. It's the smell of the heart of a rose. No leaves or stem.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I curious about this - the rose in it: is it red rose or pink rose? I ask because I dislike red rose scents.

fleur_de_mimosa
fleur_de_mimosa

Let's be frank, there's no complicated engineering behind this scent. LIPSTICK ROSE is an exact sample of the rose scented Lancôme lipsticks from the early 90s. EXACT. I know because I owned one (...and kept it for years). Lancôme probably sampled it from somewhere else.

It's all good though. Loved it then, love it still. Very feminine and tres chic!

I only wish someone could bottle Guerlain powders with all those lovely, powdery violets.

Jettamine
Jettamine

I love violet and I love rose, so what could possibly go wrong? A lot-- most violet and Rose combos go horribly sour on me, much to my chagrin. Lipstick Rose, I am happy to report, is the exception to the rule. I came upon this perfume on my quest for my ideal rose scent, and I thought it was interesting, but who wants to smell like lipstick? A couple of years later, I tried it again and was instantly addicted. It might seem strange given that LR is such an over the top perfume, but I find the drydown very comforting..

I think it is extremely well made, complex, beautiful, and tongue in cheek, campy sexy. It has good sillage, and good longevity. I don't find it to be sheer, or light pink-- I see it as fuchsia and opaque without being as rich or heavy as I typically find other opaque scents to be. It also manages to be a bit bright and powdery all at once, which I find unique and lovely.

TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch

I ordered a sample of this with high hopes based on the rave reviews. I should have loved it; I love many of the notes present in this perfume, and I was hoping this would smell like opening my mother's vanity drawer; powder and waxy lipstick and sweet florals. Unfortunately, this scent did nothing on me. I will say, I have a hard time with scents; things that smell lovely on others will often take a strange left turn on my skin. But maybe you can relate to that, and will find my experience with this scent helpful.

Smelling the liquid I can pick up whiffs of promising things, and on my skin it opens loud and a bit sharp; I smell the powdery sweet violet pretty prominently along with hints of citrus. 30 minutes later and the rose is coming through; it's beginning to smell like a perfume I'd imagine Barbie would choose. She's made of plastic, the synthetic backbone that runs through the scent at this stage would probably be right at home on her. She wouldn't recognize that "off" note that I am beginning to be made aware of.

Traditionally, I like a bit of that waxy-synthetic quality to a scent (as it does remind me of my mother's makeup drawer), but here it feels off putting. Like we've managed to find the uncanny valley for rose. It's fascinating, and if the development of the scent had ended here, I'd be much more intrigued. However, after a few hours, it literally smells like baby powder on me. I can pick apart the rose and the violet and a touch of vanilla if I concentrate and seek them out, but the way they all combine with my chemistry reads "baby powder". No, not baby powder with rose, or powdery violet with other notes: just baby powder.

I can see how this scent would be truly lovely on somebody with different body chemistry, but it does not mix well with my skin. Heartbreaking. I'm so glad I tried this before I purchased a bottle, because reading the description, I was pretty well sold. My advice is to make sure it plays nice on you; I think there's potential, especially based on this scent's rave reviews, but as evidenced by my experience with it, it does have the ability to fall completely flat on individuals.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

I cannot help but to think of my grandmother when I smell this, and I find that a good thing for my grandmother was an amazing woman. She was as beautiful as she was kind. She used a pink cold cream everyday all over her face that had a strong powder/perfume cosmetic smell. She was always retouching her lipstick that stained every cup and straw she could get her jewelry infested, lacquered finger-tipped, hands on. She drowned herself in perfume. She couldn't go anywhere without curling her hair, even to the grocery store! She was sassy but still polite, she wasn't shy either. Everyone loved her(especially men, she was a gorgeous woman). I would not mind smelling like her!

I smell mostly a combination of waxy roses and powder-sweet violets, in the back I can smell vanilla and warm musk. It certainly does have a makeup/cosmetic smell, a smell that is nostalgically familiar. The longevity is outstanding and projects itself far and known. Lipstick Rose is unquestionably feminine, charming, and utterly romantic. It makes me want to put on a dress and long for a man to open doors, say yes ma'am and sweep me off my little helpless feet.

LBDDiaries
LBDDiaries

When I first smelled this in the teensy tiny sample bottle, my first thought was, "HEY, I know that scent!! It's... it's..." but I never did figure it out. It reminded me something I loved from the past (not lipstick, tho). Then I thought, "Oh my, this is so sensual, romantic, warm, yum. Even Alpha Hubby would love this on me." Then I proceeded to put it on all my pulse points then I am going to go test this thought.

I don't care if he doesn't like it - I love, love, love it. This is saying a lot because I have a really hard time getting past my favorites. I may mess around with others but I never leave my top 3, NOA, vintage Ma Griffe, and vintage Mitsouko. This will cause me to add a new one to my list. And it smells expensive and not grandmotherly, but I may concede that it has a bit of an old-fashioned lipstick scent if you're talking the expensive kind. I do remember lipstick having a slight scent to them years ago when I swiped my mom's!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I finally had the chance to try this! Oh my! It's so wonderful! Smells just like lipstick ! Not the new stuff, but I can see it smelling like some old lipsticks from the 80s , not just the 1920's . It's glorious to me and smells so girly! The rose just lightens everything up and makes it more glamorous! Imo, it's very unique and deserves a spot in my collection!

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

The first thing I should say is that I have no idea what vintage lipstick smells like. Just after I put on Lipstick Rose I got out the one lipstick I own (a little Kat Von D sample) and gave it a sniff. No connection.

LR is not as powdery as I expected based on what I read on Fragranitca and Kafkaesque. Kafka in particular really read it to dirt and, as usual, I appreciate her descriptions while stridently disagreeing with her conclusions.

In addition to the powder I get rose and violet, then a little musk and vanilla. I don’t smell any vetiver, but I didn’t expect to; I assume it’s just in there for structure like petit verdot. Similarly, I’m not registering grapefruit, but perhaps it’s adding just enough freshness to keep LR from sliding into FLOWERBOMB territory.

After about an hour LR suddenly reminded me very strongly of something I had smelled in my youth, but I wasn’t sure what. Could it be the memory of the smell of my mom’s lipstick or my grandmother’s powder? Maybe. Or maybe it’s the YSL Paris I wore in the mid-80’s (my first “fancy” perfume). I wish I could test that theory, but unfortunately my bottle of Paris (yes, the same one) is in deep storage and I’m too lazy to run over nearest Macy’s.

Jenge
Jenge

I had this built up so high in my mind, that my expectations were probably unfair. It's probably also unfair that I'm testing this 15 years after it came out and many other fragrances have been influenced by it. Lipstick Rose is nice, pretty, and definitely smells like lipstick. It just didn't "wow" me like I thought it would.

For me, LR is a waxy rose with some bitter background notes that stay pretty close to my skin. I feel like it needs something bright to lift it a little, as it seems somewhat dull. I don't smell a lot of vanilla, I think it plays a supporting role. The vetiver is there, but stays wrapped in the rose so it doesn't become too sharp.

Pleasant, non-intruding, realistic lipstick vibe. I wouldn't spend the money for a full bottle.

annoflower
annoflower

For whatever reason, the website isn't letting me select this from the dropdown box:
This is wonderful and smells just like Fred Hayman Touch With Love. One might also imagine L'Origan's granddaughter all dressed in dark pink.

Lana148
Lana148

Lipstick Rose indeed smells like some sort of vintage cosmetics but it never feels old or dated!

It's actually very, very charming, fresh, classy and lady-like. All the featured ingredients of rose, violet, musk, vanilla, vetiver, amber and grapefruit are clearly present but blended in a perfect mix.

I don't like rose based fragrances but I adore this. It actually smells scrumptious too! Flirty and classy! Love it!

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

If you have put off trying this because you think you might smell too "old", then I'd re-consider. Yes, this smells like makeup, but it smells like really vintage makeup, the kind you don't get any more and the likes of which most people under the age of 30 have probably never encountered. Your grandmother might think you smell like a powder compact, but that guy at work you want to seduce will think you smell as delicious as rose ice-cream.

For me, the powdery note came over more like sherbet: fizzy and fruity, and I am surprised not to see raspberry in the list of notes. The vetiver and grapefruit stop this becoming cloying or too sweet and give it the cold, ice-cream accord. Needless to say, the rose and violet combine really nicely. Rose and violet is by no means an original combination, but it is executed here expertly, with good projection for these notes, and really good longevity.

So, goodbye Insolence, so long Paris! Lipstick Rose is the princess and she and I are eloping together into the sunset.

Good for: daily glamour.

Muzoona
Muzoona

رائحة اقرب للمواد الصناعية , غير مستحبة و لا تعطيك اي انطباع جيد و صحيح تشبه رائحة احمر الشفاة الرخيصة

I didn’t like it, very synthetic, not pleasant and reminding me cheap 80’s lipsticks.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This is SO incredibly rich and delicious, I could eat it with a spoon. Violets and roses with a little rasberry powder to distinguish this from my other rose/violet scents. I understand the waxy make-up reference and think the name is brilliant. I was intrigued by it's naming, before I even tried it, .....marketing can be so clever. I was hesitant to purchase, due to it's cost, but after depleting my sample in two days, I knew I had to have this utterly feminine, sensual, and somewhat "coy" fragrance. It is totally unique to my collection.

Terimwal
Terimwal

This is well-named. At first it really does smell like old-fashioned lipstick - sweet and slightly waxy. But after an hour, I am also reminded of room freshener in an upscale ladies room. At first it was tolerable, but it is becoming cloying. Not for me.

Musume
Musume

I think we all agree that Lipstick Rose is the scent of a gorgeous pin-up. I smell a very powdery combination of rose and violet (more rose than violet), with musk and vanilla on the drydown, it seems to have a citrus note (grapefruit) and also vetiver, but to be honest I don't smell those notes at all. LR is retro, vintage lipstick, powder puffs, wide smiles and white teeth, it's really a lot of fun. I love it, but won't buy it until I finish my bottle of YSL Paris, they definitely have the same vibe, a perfume to enjoy life.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Love at first sniff, and instant new favorite. This combines so many things that I love into one fragrance - Violet, rose, and lipstick. This is so feminine, so drama-packed, so femme fatale, film noir, boudoir chic, boas and fishnets, long cigarettes, midnight rendezvous - I could go on!

The opening is ulta-feminine, sweet, a bit powdery, and that sought-after 'retro lipstick' vibe. A delicate combination of slightly soapy, slightly powdery, slighty sweet and juicy roses & violets. It sounds young - but this is full-blown sexy to me. As the fragrance dries down it mellows out a bit, but never loses that playful floral combination - and the BEST part is, the slight vanilla twinge to the whole composition gives it such a soft, delicious feel - it prevents any of the notes from turning sour or unpleasant, as roses and/or violets sometimes do.

I would say this fragrance has the 'pied piper' effect - one spray and you will have ladies & gents following behind you, inhaling your scent!

If you are a fan of 'Histoires de parfums 1889 Moulin Rouge' or 'John Galliano-John Galliano' this is in the same vein of fragrances, though there are different notes.

tubereuse
tubereuse

One sniff and I feel & miss my former daily staple Christian Dior lipstick. Creamy, rosy, smooth and dressy. This is on the wish/must have one day list, oh yeah!

dsty
dsty

Lipstick Rose fits its name perfectly: it's extremely feminine, and it does smell more or less like I imagine Marilyn Monroe's boudoir.

In the bottle it smells heavenly, like I think lipstick should smell (I imagine this lipstick as light pink); a very powdery rose, but with just enough musk to make it interesting. On my skin, I found the musk too dominant at first, a bit harsh, and only started liking it when it dried down a lot softer, more like the smell from the bottle. But from my second wear on I also loved the first stage, those flowers drenched in musky powder.
This scent feels very glamourous in an old-fashioned way. But it's not too showy, which makes it wearable even for the less than glamourous: I don't feel ridiculous wearing it even though I'm about as far from Marilyn Monroe as you can get.

Longevity is impressive, too: the drydown may be a little on the generic side in its sweetness (not much rose or powder left then), but its nonetheless extremely nice, and it lasts all night (after the other stages have already lasted all day). I also think this would work in all kinds of weather, except maybe the very hottest of summer days. I have a little decant of this, but I definitely see a full bottle somewhere in my future.

Michelina
Michelina

Oh violet, where art thou? I, too, get a very waxy (indeed, lipstick-like), powdery, sharp yet slightly sweetened rose wrapped in musk. A soft, inoffensive skin scent with good longevity, the value of which is unfortunately diminished by the vague florally-musky dry down which lingers limply yet adamantly in one’s wake. The minimal violet there is has no foothold, apparently, and after a meager opening, deserts the stage entirely in search of a bigger production. Not that I blame her; nice as it is, this just wasn't the full-bodied beauty I was hoping it to be.

evacecilias
evacecilias

Starts like warm vinyl rubber and then amps up with some really sweet note like in real chinese jasmine tea.
The rose is true and the kind of peppery rose note you get from smelling the big dark red rose petals.

I sure can get the makeup smell, but is this how I want to smell...no
As in almost all other perfumes its the drydown I enjoy the most.
A bit non descript, powdery and woody musky.
And as a violet lover I am sad to say it wasn prominent on me...
Is this the Malle for me ? No I am sad to admit I find Lipstick rose quite boring.

I thank my overseas supplier of three new rose scents to try !
Unfortunately I can´t compare to her genuine and exquisit refined taste or her trained nose concerning niche rose scents...
I will use my ml I got and enjoy those, but mow learned I do'nt want a full bottle

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

It smells exactly like the classic "vintage" lipsticks. EXACTLY.

I get NO violet at all. Just a very waxy rose. After it warms up I get more vanilla and amber, giving the waxy rose a bit of a creamy base. There is also a hint of generic "floral" in there. it has moderate sillage and pretty good longevity.

It's a really amazing work of art. I'm absolutely amazed at how well he captured that "vintage" lipstick scent. I just don't know if I want to go around smelling like a cosmetic I rarely wear. I can't argue though that it gets five stars for pure artistry. This man is a master of his art.

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

This perfume makes me feel like a forties pin up girl with its cheeky hyperfemininity. I don't usually enjoy violets in my perfumes, but Lipstick Rose amps it up past the usual whisper of candied sweetness to a full-throated roar. Paradoxically, more of something I don't like turns into something I like a whole lot.

hanson26
hanson26

Somehow, I knew right from the start that this would be the Malle for me (well also after testing a few other Frederic Malles). I wasn't really after a vintage makeup scent, I just loved all the notes. I have been searching for a soft, creamy, powdery scent that focused on rose and violets without being too powdery, to the point where it has a dusty quality, or too heavy on either the violet or the rose. I wanted a perfect balance. I didn't have to search far, Lipstick Rose is exactly that, and the musk, vanilla, and amber add to the soft, creamy quality. Vetiver and grapefruit add a touch of freshness so it's not suffocating. It opens with a blast of rose and violet that gives a very literal and realistic impression of lipstick, but they quickly are balanced out by the other notes, leaving it smelling like neither makeup nor powder, but an absolutely beautiful perfume inspired by both of those. Still, you will smell like perfume, not like you have bathed yourself in face powder. This, for me, is the perfect everyday type of perfume. Pretty, super feminine, soft, but still very unique and interesting. I need a bottle asap.

LB152
LB152

Retro indeed.

Lipstick Rose is true to its name and smells of cosmetics from long ago.

Okay maybe just from the 80s…

It inspires memories of the burgundy Brucci lipstick my mother wore, and the powdery Chowards violet candies that I would sneak into her handbag and eat, when I was younger.

Throughout the lifespan of the fragrance (about 4-6hrs) there is a weird see-sawing of violet-rose-citrus-musk that refuses to quit, but that is quite fun because you never know what to expect with each of your movements.

It's delicate and beautiful and the fragrance I reach for when I want to take a little "edge off".

Marli1973
Marli1973

Lipstick Rose will be my next purchase. However it will be a blind one as I have not tested it yet, only based on reviews and the very appealing notes. I am pretty sure I will not regret it as I already own Carnal Flower and Iris Poudre and I love them both! I am putting my faith on Frederic Malle. I will let you know with an update... I just can't wait x

Well, here I am then wearing Lipstick Rose. The first blast is so rosy and violety, I can't say that is more rose than violet or vice versa.
Just a very well blended sweetness that reminds me of makeup.
Then it settles down with a whisper of romance. Very very feminine.
It does indeed remind me of Ombre Rose but LP is less powdery
Soft and pleasant.
No I am not disappointed I will def wear it but the search is still on. (Portrait of a Lady here I come !) x

dbrii24
dbrii24

Lipstick Rose is an uncommon beauty, full of drama yet soft spoken. It's a gorgeous blend of powdered rose, violet and sparkling grapefruit with a musky undertone. I was first introduced to this gem last year and to my surprise, it was love at first sniff. I find it to be one of the best fragrances in Malle's line. Very feminine, retro and playful. I absolutely love this one!

Eneli
Eneli

So today I'm trying out Lipstick Rose.
Rose and Violet are indeed the strongenst notes here. And they are playing together real nicely.
It's a feminine scent for women in every age. For women who are young at heart and probably in love. I can't stop smiling and sniffing myself, this perfume makes me so happy! I'm so going to wear it again tomorrow on Valentines day.

MommyMaudlin
MommyMaudlin

I really really love this. I wear it almost as much as I wear my signature scent. I find it to be perfect for those of us who like to wear unique fragrances, but aren't trying to knock out our office mates. I truly enjoy what the more serious notes do with the rose in this fragrance. Overall, Lipstick rose is classy and vintage, but also very special and unexpected.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Oh my, I'm head over heels in love. This is the penultimate lipstick scent. Candied violet, sweet powder, dusty rose, vanilla (of course), and that tiny touch of grapefruit and vetiver to keep it from turning into petit fours. Retro, but not in an 80s way- more in a victorian beauty's boudoir sort of way. Or a charming 1950s bride on her wedding day (or maybe her honeymoon)! Very romantic. It reminds me in a way of Bas de Soie, not so much in scent but in feel. I was sincerely hoping I wouldn't care for this as much as I do because of the hefty price tag, but I really can't tear myself away. This is an intimate scent, not overtly sexy but a hint of more to come. It is both womanly and delicately feminine at the same time. It is the kiss of your mother as a small child right after she finishes putting on her makeup and perfume, and at the same time the light caress of a lover as they pull you close for an embrace. There's not much I can really say that hasn't already been said- try it. You won't be sorry.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Maybe this turns into vanilla or rose but I couldn't get past the old boudoir lipstick initial blast. I tried at least three times at Holt Renfrew but it is a no-go each time. I don't think the nostalgic feel of this scent suits me. Good for you if it does.

jolantuk
jolantuk

Oh my GOD, what a feminine perfume! What a masterpiece! I expected it to be some scent of what a cosmetics have, but this is sooo much better! I can inhale this all of the time, I want to smell like that all of the time. I am so exited, because I had a chance today to try this and I understood that this is so me, it suits me so well!
In my review about My insolence by Guerlain I wrote that finally i found a makeup-y, powdery, creamy smell, but My insolence is just incomparable to Lipstick Rose (although they both have these qualities). Besides all of the qualities i have mentioned above for the first time i smelled a fragrance which has such a beautifully expressed ROSE note...mmmm...so elegant, sophisticated and creamy ROSE.
Yes its a bit Retro. When i close my eyes I imagine A Retro beauty in most beautiful dress sitting in a fancy restaurant with her elegant men and theatre! In theatres smells like this perfume:)...Oh, yes, this fragrance must be mine....my own....my PRECIOUS !

henri345que
henri345que

For me it doesn't smell exactly like lipstick, but it does have a cosmetic aura, a powdery one of something chic and expensive. The rose is to me discreet and boozy and the violet is what gaves the overall powdery aura, with vanilla at the background contributing to create a discreet sweetness. It's to me like a vintage fragrance recipe restored in a more direct way and with good materials. Not the stuff of my dreams, but not bad at all.

lucifera
lucifera

this doesn't smell like galliano at all

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I was so hoping to like this perfume. It just did not work. It smells exactly like a tube of lipstick honest to god.

cmagot
cmagot

I love it! a beautiful violet-rose, gourmand and playful and young! By the way, I never thought I would say that, but this thing is OVERPOWERING!!! I thought nothing can be strong enough for me, well this one did the trick!

Germany
Germany

Lipstick Rose is like a journey of the past for me. My childhood in Germany, my mother getting ready for a glamorous night out as I was watching her and admiring her elegance and loving demeanor . Her Paris by YSL in the air wafting around the house and my anticipation of being a lady once as well.

LR also reminds me of these violet candies dusted with powder in this elegant old fashioned tin. My mom had them on her dresser and I use to think they tasted like perfume.

Lipstick Rose is a winner in my books. Its a Betty Draper scent. (Don Drapers ex wife ) Metro Retro !
Perfection as a lady , or at least the illusion of perfection.

Update , LR is becoming my very favourite perfume ever!

Femme en Blanc
Femme en Blanc

WOW, this was intriguing to say the least.
The scent transport me back to a memory of a time when I was a child. There were these chocolate candies I once had. They were molded into a shape of a rose, wrapped with red foil, and laced with violet perfume oil. If my olfactory memory serves me well, I swore this smelled just like it. Shame I couldn't find those candies anymore.

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

how i do love a fragrance that is romantic and classy. this rose scent is like silk. smooth and sensual to the nose. a very pretty mixture of a powdery rose with hints of vanilla. the top is rose/violet and is so soft it has a powdery essence to it. "lovely in all ways"

i never really got a middle that faded into a base note. the middle is the base! as the rose falls to the floor and slowly wilts away it drifts off into a wonderful vanilla musk with a slight overlay of rose.this one is very feminine and shows the strength of a rose.

if the worlds ladies could own just one rose perfume i would suggest this one to be it.

my rating of this perfume is 8 out of 10. another one of my favorite fragrances overall. and is perfect for a sophisticated woman.

christianne1
christianne1

Personally, I think this a 5 star masterpiece. Powdery violet rose with a touch of vanilla and musk that you just have to smell to appreciate. I literally almost gasped at the opening. I wasn't expecting much after reading that it smells like lipstick so maybe that is why I was so blown away. This is not a type of fragrance that I would normally choose for myself but I seriously think it is phenomenal and I am sold. Can't stop sniffing it. Even with all the positive reviews, I still think it is underrated.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

So pretty, and very feminine! This opens with a huge burst of sweet parma violets, so delicious it made my mouth water (I used to eat those delicious chalky parma violet sweets that are only available in a few sweet shops now, and this is like a mouthful of them all at once)

After the violets opening it calms to a lovely rose - deep pink in feel (not a sharp tea rose) which in combination with the violets and vanilla still has this edible quality that reminds me of rose flavoured ice-cream.

It has depth and warmth too thanks to amber, which with its slightly salty touch adds to the candy or sweets quality. I can't pick out the vetiver exactly but there's a tiny touch of smokiness perhaps thanks to Vetiver, to add to the alluring feel.

It's a very pretty scent, noticably so, I got compliments from a couple of friends the first time I wore it.

As for the lipstick feel, yes, it's very definitely lipstick-like - similar to L'oreal lipsticks, though slightly sweeter and I do feel that with a touch more waxiness and less sugar this would be a classier scent, but who wants to be classy all the time!

As for occasions to wear this, I wouldn't wear it to an interview, but definitely for carefree parties in summer wearing your prettiest dress!

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

Lovely perfume that smells exactly like my Rouge Dior Lipstick which means it is quite true to its name. I love catching clouds of makeup scent mixed into the rose-n-violet creamy base.
I believe it has a decent sillage and is definitely pleasing being smelled as a trail by someone.

MLK
MLK

I loved this since the first time I sprayed it on in store. It has to be the nicest Rose and violet fragrance that I have tried in a long time. It made me feel very elegant. I've got to get myself a bottle of this asap! - well, as soon as I can afford it as it is so expensive in Australia - $218 for 50 ml.

Tovah
Tovah

To my nose it's very like Olivia Giocobetti's L’Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose. Drôle is much more subtle than Lipstick Rose but both are "comedic" plays on the commercialism of roses, femininity, and cosmetics. They smell like "bright pink" and Barbie dolls with long blonde hair, and a 1970s board game from my childhood, The Bride Game. These things are so not me. I like Drôle de Rose and I nearly love Lipstick Rose, but they just don't "fit" me; nor does the color pink.

gentiana
gentiana

It reminds me to glamourous, retro movie stars...
I feel addicted to this perfume.

Aquarky63
Aquarky63

Magnificent......and so very laden with nostalgic childhood memories. That plasticky smell? New Barbies or baby dolls on Christmas morning (or what holiday you celebrate). The lipstick? Your Mom's when she got all dressed up for a fancy dinner out and kissed you goodbye in the front hall. The violets? From rolling down a hillside in the spring with the neighborhood kids and the grass stuck to your legs. Truly amazing and evocative of so many memories. I adore this.

xrayer
xrayer

This smells exactly as it is named! I love the soft plasticky-rose scent and find it to not change much after wearing for several hours. It is not the kind of fragrance that I would probably choose to purchase but I can certainly appreciate the beauty, simplicity and quality of it. Does transport me back in time, greatly reminds me of my nana! Gorgeous, enchanting and very romantic.

Tracyellen1619
Tracyellen1619

I'm really loving this, although I don't know if it's a scent I can wear just anywhere. Perhaps it will just be for me, the happy, nostalgic feeling that I get when I spray this on. In my twenties I worked for several cosmetic companies, among them was Lancôme. There was such a beautiful smell that would hit me every time I pulled open a drawer. It's similar to this fragrance, similar to my Chanel blush. Roses, yes, and I get the violets too. In the first five minutes there is a strange plasticky scent, but I don't mind it. I picture ladies at their dressing tables, a pouf of body powder and a slick of red lipstick, intense brows and fragrance in an atomizer. This is old school, perfume for someone that wants to smell like perfume. The dry down is powdery and soft, I keep sniffing my wrists. A girdle and stockings might not be out of the question with this one!

silagelover
silagelover

Smells a bit like vintage high end cosmetics at first then turned into a very sweet violet concoction. Initially when I sprayed lipstick rose on it smelled powdery and rosy, however an hour in the violet started to take over and it became more jammy and lost its powdery quality. It sort of reminds me of candied violets more than anything. Has long lasting power and decent silage, I like this fragrance but don't love it, its a bit too sugary sweet in a strange flowery way that doesn't work for me.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I agree that this marvellous scent conjures up visions of purple. For me it's Prince in Purple Rain, not cutesy Hallmark cards. Purple which brings to mind plump glossy expensive slick lipsticks of Guerlain with their heavenly scent. This scent is a full bodied woman, pale skin with a wasp waist, never in trousers, who doesn't have to raise her voice to be heard and always turned out impeccably. The earthliness of the vetivier really shines through the dusky rose and (I smell, no matter how fictionary) purple violets. The gorgeous incense-like warmth of the amber and the tinge of muskiness topped off with the waxy note of lipsticks round off this voluptous beauty and conjures up an endless riotous slideshow of beauty of all forms in my mind. To me, this perfume is most definitely a she. She is the Merry Widow.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Ok.So I have some time to get to know this scent better. It is definately tugging at my heartstrings. The more I smell this, the more I think of innocence...maybe its the sweet powdery violet...and cupid.

This is a fairytale fragrance.I think of Valentines Day, of cupid and his bow and arrow. It reminds me of those old postcards and valentines, you know the ones, with cupids hanging from a bunch of purple hearts made of violets that say 'will you be mine?' Sitting on top of a flapper's vanity from her latest love. All of her lipsticks and powders are there...as she is applying her makeup with her swansdown puff, she is daydreaming about him...

This is the most romantic purple fragrance I have ever encountered. So enchanting...
Yes, you will be mine
It's a very beautiful violet...

rosecat
rosecat

I love this!! It's so soft, snuggle, again very soft skin scent, reminds me of Swansdown puffs, makeup, lipstick and perfumes on the dresser. It suits me so well! It's powdery sweet rose, violet, sugar, sweet skin musky & vanilla. If you love soft sweet powdery rose you may just love this. I'm saving for a full bottle!

delilahcat
delilahcat

I love the idea of a lipstick inspired perfume, i remember well the creamy waxy scent of my grandmothers lipstick and so greatly anticipated trying this one. I often find rose fragrances to be too sweet and sugary so my expectation was that the waxy note i associate with lipstick would be used in this perfume to tone down any sickly sweetness. Once i finally sampled this perfume i realised how wrong i was, instead of lipstick i get sugary floral flavoured sweets,i find the violet almost overpowering the rose, which smells equaly sweety like. I also get notes of wild strawberries but sadly no waxy warmth. I did wonder weather it was just my skin so my friend tried it out too, it was just as sugary on her too, after she had worn it a while i forgot she had it on and kept finding myself wonder why i could smell parma violet sweets and stawberry Starbursts! If you like tooth achingly sweet perfumes then you will probabily like this. Its a shame, i like most Frederic Malle perfumes and find them quite natural smelling, if you know what i mean, but this one is just to artificial for me!

Name says it all. A waxy, lipstick-like concoction of rose and violet supported by a tamed down vanilla/vetiver base. Hints of musk and amber provide more consistency during the powdery drydown. Surely not groundbreaking yet very funny. If you like to smell like an high-end lipstick, go ahead. Nice.

Rating: 6.5/10

stacia79
stacia79

Today I tested out my sample of the long awaited and much talked about Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose. It didn't disappoint in smelling like an expensive Lancome lipstick, mostly violet, a tinge of roses and a creamy vanilla drydown. Very cool concept, but I wondered what people who didn't know the name would think it smelled like. Turns out, everyone else thought it smelled like baby wipes. After hearing that, I lost the desire to wear this again. Also, it didn't last on my skin more than two hours, and I expect more from such an expensive concoction! Still love the idea though, and am waiting for other companies to get wise to it.

Although judging from the smell of the sprayer, it might seems as though Frédéric Malle LIPSTICK ROSE is nothing more than a lipstick scent facsimile, it is really much more complex on the skin.

The rose is deep and creamy and slightly sweet with mingling violets and vanilla. Not too sweet though, and there is a decided waxiness to the overall composition which even becomes slightly sharp and crayon-y now and then, in undulating wafts.

The drydown becomes somewhat more sweet and a bit less waxy, but from start to finish this is a very feminine, lovely rose perfume! The sillage is medium and the longevity good--feels like a real edp.

LIPSTICK ROSE is far more glamourous and inviting than the dowager rose soliflores. Perfect for those who hate dry, green, uptight tea rose perfumes but still want to smell like a rose. To me, this creation seems very seductive.

Migotka
Migotka

The idea behind this perfume is great- to create something that smells like a natural rose and at the same time as something artificial- lipstick.

On the first sniff- it actually does, the first spray smells like a lipstick. It is a fragrance that belongs to boudoirs or a make up room in a film studio- powdery and creamy at the same time, I can see it surrounded by all the make up products in the world you can think of. It is smooth and elegant. I wonder though whether people who do not know it is supposed to sell of lipstick would recognise the scent as such or not? I guess I have to try it out.

Lipstick Rose on me goes over two phases- the lipstick-y, plastick one, and a much sweeter one. It is beautiful and very different from most rose based fragrances out there.

Jellybean
Jellybean

currently my perfect perfume! smells like a powdery- strawberry-waxy-creamy lipstick. I love this fragrance! My mom always wore those expensive french lipsticks which i thought smelled sooooo good:) What an excellent idea to transform that scent into the perfume for the same reason. vintage nostalgic scent as well, brings back many memories, such as drawing on my face with expensive lipsticks as a child,lol (makeup kit had to be hidden far away from me:)

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I never thought I would come across a perfume which actually smelled like lipstick! This is like a creamy rose based Mac lipstick! I couldn't wear this every day, but if I was looking to wear something truly eclectic I would reach for this (if I could afford it!).

cloyd42
cloyd42

Wheeee! I can't swear to it but I think this smells exactly like Revlon Cherries in the Snow lipstick used to smell. My aunt wore it when I was little and I always wanted to bite it off like candy because it smelled so wonderful. This is a straight-up violet and rose scent with nice musk and vanilla. I see the comparison to YSL Paris (one of my favorites) but the spirit of the two scents is entirely different: Paris is a deeply romantic traditional floral where Lipstick Rose is naughty (I think my aunt would have said it has moxie) and irreverent.
This perfume should be sitting on a frilly vanity next to a big fluffy powder puff and a jar of Jergen face cream. It's so humorously retro that it's become modern. I bet Dita Von Teese wears this when she goes shopping.
Sillage: 3-4 feet, conversational
Durability: 3 hours so far
Fabulosity: the full Marilyn
Price to value ratio: good

Adiro
Adiro

My first impression while testing at Holts was extremely positive, I thought this creation is beyond adorable! It was sweet, flirty, fresh and young, and I was sure I wanted it. I obtained a sample and on further testing I kept thinking about how familiar this one smells. Well, violets and roses, on a slight musky vanilla base. It has been done before. I still like it, but the more I wear it, the more underwhelmed I am... sorry.
This has a lot in common with YSL Paris, in it's edp vintage formulation, which I owned. But it's much rounder and smoother, and overall a much prettier scent.
The lasting power and sillage are both excellent on my skin, but this lovely scent just lost some points on originality. I'd be happy with a decant, but not FB worthy for myself.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

This is a flash back to my sweet 16 and my first Lancome pink lipstick. I was addicted to its gorgeous scent. LIPSTICK ROSE definitely brings those memories back and let me tell you… I am still addicted to this chic scent. LIPSTICK ROSE is a brilliant perfume in my opinion. It reminds me of a lipstick scent but it is not cheap smelling. This fragrance is so sophisticated, upscale and expensive. It is playful, fun and girly but also grown up, sexy and stylish. It has the retro quality that evokes images of the movie stars of the 40s with the perfect red lips. But it also reminds me of a modern couture and runways in Paris in 21st century. This perfume captures the timeless glamour of the haute couture.

LIPSTICK ROSE opens with the sweet, concentrated and almost dry rose petals and gorgeous violets. The heart notes are powdery rose and violets. I think vetiver is light but noticeable right from the beginning. The dry down is powdery roses and violets mixed with the slight sweetness of vanilla and musk.

I love both, roses and violets in this perfume. The roses are very realistic, sweet and beautiful despite the fact that this perfume reminds me of a lipstick. It is different and unique interpretation of the rose but nevertheless it is a great one. I definitely recommend it for rose and violet lovers.

chip
chip

I love to smell this on a women. It's like magnet that I just get drawn to anyone who wears this. Sexy!

mosesbotbol
mosesbotbol

More like actual lipstick than rose. Not as natural as Une Rose. My girlfriend warmed up to it after our first Une Rose bottle dried up. Reminds me of the 1920's high society.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Superbly different, but a bit formal-smelling for me.

A light fresh touch of waxy old lipstick-a beautiful fresh red rose next to a sweet darker drying rose...

Violets, a great violet heart for the violet-lovers-violet wins the heart, I almost think the scent could be called Lipstick Violet. However, it does leave such a nostalgic evocation of the rosy red and pink lipsticks of old--being rosy instead of purple-smelling.

Rebella once answered my thread inquiry about the perfumes of Hilde Soliani, and she said I might like "Fraaagola Saalaaata" If I like "Lipstick Rose"...
They are strikingly reminiscent of the other, of course the unique "salted strawberry" is much sweeter, and has all of the tartness of the strawberry, but a whiff of it contains much of the same "body" as Lipstick Rose. Lipstick Rose is almost a bit fruity, but I think it's the rose and vanilla together that leave this impression.

If you don't like tart violety florals, roses, or POWDERY creaminess, you might not like this. If you love the theatre, and love old-fashioned but smooth classical scents, you might really like this!

It's a fun floral, gorgeous, wearable, but it doesn't match me. Not warm enough, edgy in the wrong direction for this lover of Oriental and warmer and softer floral scents.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Just tested this one today and am quite surprised how well this scent layers on my skin.The scent opens with an artifical but very interesting toxic lipstick note and then settles down to a beautiful subtle powdery rose scent. It is like other reviewers put it quite right not about red lipstick and red roses, will say not a loud scent, more a subtle lipstick rose - the name of this fragrance fits so well. It is very postmodern but in a good way.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

the name of this perfume is very fitting. it really has the smooth cream smell of lipstick and the feeling of roses in a vase near by. i think that i expected it to be more blood red lipstick slathered on giant red roses, but it feels like bright pink lipstick and spring colored roses. i also get a watermelon smell. nice, easy to wear but not as alluring as i expected.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

If you like being a girl, you'll most likely enjoy wearing this perfume. It's so bright and glamorous and reminds me of the ballet days of my youth. Smells very reminiscent of Lancome lipstick and is very delicately feminine. The violet in LR is very powdery and refrains from any sort of soapiness, as the rose refrains from any watery sort of transparency. It is thick and full and very cheerful.

Try it. It won't paint your lips red but will bring a smile to them instead, which is so much more beautiful, anyway =)

Elumina
Elumina

With Lipstick Rose i am back to 1948, which was a glorious age for all women, because the typical 'Lipsticks' was born and how could we forget this wonderful smell of loud red old-fashioned lipsticks?!
This smell always reminds me on good times, make good mood and give me a secure feeling. All these marvelous components are treasured in this simple bottle, created by Ralf Schwieger, called 'Lipstick Rose'.

Its a travel with every sniff.
I just feel being in a wardrobe of Moulin Rouge, where big shiners ornaments the mirrors and many different cosmetics lies on the dressing table, costumes hang on the wall, the air is full of joy, everybody is laughing and there is a big crystal vase in the middle of the dressing table with a dozen red, full and rich roses, which captures this one moment.
This perfume brings exactly those pictures into my mind and fulls my heart with calmness and joy.

The smell of this scent is simply fascinating; slightly floral, powdery with a hint of vanilla-sweetness. I would wear it to special occasions mostly and every season seems to be right, lasting power is reasonable.
A very romantic and cheerful fragrance, which makes people happy, even if it's just for one unforgettable moment.

I was all set to love this, as I adore things that smell like makeup. Unfortunately this one doesn't quite work that way on me. It's inoffensive and pleasant, but it's too powdery to smell like lipstick and too rosy to smell like face powder, so it fails both ways on 'makeup' for me. It's sweet and powdery and floral, ladylike, but too soft to have oomph and OH! I wanted to smell that French Lipstick scent other people were getting! Ah, well. Next!

rebella
rebella

For me, this is such a "happy, happy, joy, joy" kind of fragrance. It makes me think of clowns, old theaters, really red and kind of sticky old lipstick, doing a careful make-up... and also the phrase "It cost´s money to look this cheap". :) Very retro, very not have to think about the morning, carefree, adorable, easy to like kind of scent. Very strong smell of violets and a bit less of roses, creamy and powdery at once... Starlets, old moviestars and beutiful jazzsingers...

Like it a lot! (I want a big bottle of this one too!!!)

Try it. Stayingpower is good.

F_A
F_A

The first time I smelled it, old retro movies came into my mind - women with wavy hair wearing red lipstics, retro mottled dresses, dancing with their beloved soldiers in uniforms...Live band playing...Sooo romantic!This fragrance leaves a very nice creamy scent of flowers on my skin.

jeca
jeca

I love it! The scent of rose and powdery sweet violet, which you can eat, sensual and gourmand at the beginning, and calm, warm and comforting after an hour.

I don't think it is a retro scent, it is interesting and very sensual.