Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Une Fleur de Cassie Frederic Malle for women

Une Fleur de Cassie Frederic Malle for women
dislike

yellow floral
Une Fleur de Cassie Frederic Malle for women Pictures Une Fleur de Cassie Frederic Malle for women Pictures Une Fleur de Cassie Frederic Malle for women Pictures

Une Fleur de Cassie by Frederic Malle is a Floral fragrance for women. Une Fleur de Cassie was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion. The fragrance features mimose, jasmine, black locust, rose, carnation, sandalwood, vanilla and cassis.

Mimose Jasmine Black locust Rose Carnation Sandalwood Vanilla Cassis

The Library Collection Opus III

Une Fleur de Cassie Fragrance Reviews

alberto1964
alberto1964

Disgusting, repulsive, I had to wash my hands as soon as I tried it. It reminds me of my old Latin teacher who was wearing fur until late May: I hated her for the acrid smell that emanated. Well, this fragrance reminds me of that old lady. I do not like at all.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

MASTERPIECE!

If you love Mimosa flowers and aldehydes, you HAVE TO try this one.

It is marketed as a woman's perfume, but I am a (daring) dandy man and I love it.

Initially I was confused by the name and thought of the also yellow flowering Cassia plant, but it is an abstract perfumery creation of the flower of Cassis, the black currant plant. Correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot imagine the Cassis flower (that are rather unspectacular doldrums of mini greenish/ white flowers on the bush). The berry fruits as we know however have very potent olfactory qualities and so do have the leaves. (The fruits have tons of vitamin C by the way. More than any other European fruit, I believe).

Locust and Mimosa form the powdery and powerful top of the bouquet but you can also make out a lovely soft rose and a very faint jasmine. The soapiness, triggered by aldehydes and perhaps the dry sandalwood note, perfectly juxtapose and balance the initial sweetness.

A joyful, enticing pleasure to wear this time of year in early spring if you want something strong, yet sharp and unusual.

Try also AMOUAGE "Library Collecton OPUS III" which is a similar direction yet much sweeter and wetter and warm-woodier.

Cannot rate this highly enough! 10/10

black_orchid
black_orchid

On of the Dominique Ropion's masterpiece. Une Fleur de Cassie amazing perfume. like Old fashion but also modern perfume. Une Fleur de Cassie not everyone scent. An artist or different people should use this perfume. Some people dislike this perfume but naturally. Une Fleur de Cassie was the new experience for me. Dirty, gothic, darness, dusty, metallic...Une fleur de Cassie my favorite perfume along with Noir epices in the line.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I love many of the Malles, but this one and I do not match chemistry wise. All I get from this scent is an initial awful fecal note from funky indoles and finally a bit of warm woods in the drydown that is nice, a bit of carnation and still the remnants of that bad smell from the topnotes. Definitely not a scent for me. Give me my L'eau de Hiver, please!!

AkcijaGirl
AkcijaGirl

This is a perfume that is educating my nose, one sniff at a time. I really didn't know what I was smelling and I had to test it out for an entire week before I could comfortably come to a conclusion on the notes I was smelling or how I even felt about it. If this perfume had a Facebook page, its status would read "It's Complicated".

So, it opens up with a huge white and yellow floral note that is quite heady and indolic. The first thing that came to mind was "Casablanca lilies" and felt so proud of myself for being able to pinpoint one of the notes.....wrong!! Bad nose, bad nose - pay more attention in class! This is ylang ylang. I mistook it for Casablanca lilies because ylang ylang is blended with those lilies in Acqua Allegorica Lys Soleia. This part made my heart sink - Lys Soleia, although I own it and is perfectly nice, is something I bought early on in my perfume quest, before I realized that I don't like solar or tropical scents that much.

But what I did appreciate when I first smelled Lys Soleia and what I do still appreciate in the opening of Une Fleur, is that this note of Ylang Ylang is rendered so naturally as if I were standing in a florist's shop and sticking my head into a vase of flowers. The impression is sticky, heady, indolic, almost over ripe, and you also get a realistic (albeit unsettling) whiff of the dank vase water in which the flowers sit. There is also quite a big dollop of a natural jasmine here too, a note I like better.

The scent quickly shifts past this stage, and goes into the heart of the powdery, mealy smell of mimosa, or what I take to be mimosa. The only other vaguely mimosa scent I had ever smelled was YSL Cinema, and this is not similar at all. The mimosa here is dry, powdery, and oily all at the same time. It is a strange smell, not really floral at all, and in fact it reminds me a bit of wheaten flour, or raw dough, almost like the bready top note in the current Mitsouko EDP. The flour is mixed through with dusty cumin, and you can perceive this quite strongly. It is not all that offensive though, and I happen to like using cumin in my cooking (although my husband and son run from the kitchen when I use it.)

This dry, dusty flour mixture is sprinkled on top of the remainders of the lush tropical flowers, which are still wet and almost disintegrating because they are over ripe. So you get a dance between dry, powdery mimosa and cumin, and the wet, indolic white and yellow flowers. I don't get any violets. Violets???

I am so impressed at how this scent melds into one fragrant fug that hangs around your body like a cloud. It lasts all day. This is a serious, intellectual, shape-shifting perfume. The parts are separate and then melded, and now fly away into separate notes again. I love it. I am considering which one of my children I should sell to get my mitts on a full bottle. Edit: I have looked at the price online, and it is clear that both children will have to be sold.

In summary: ylang ylang, jasmine, indoles, solar, wet, over ripe - shifting into dry, bready, mealy mimosa flour, dusty cumin - a clove note here and there.....I give up. I don't have the vocabulary or the skill to describe this fragrance. It may not be the one for you - but I implore you: try this at least once in your life. And by which I mean, not one day but a series of seven days. And then make up your mind.

slapdash
slapdash

Dominique Ropion is a genius of a perfumer.

He is also a sorcerer.

Une Fleur de Cassie could have been formulated during a full moon on the midnight hour. In a hidden back room of an apothecary in the Dark Ages. Its ingredients forbidden, sourced from the deepest recess of a forest where even the brave dare not tread. Amongst them, black locust, which if it were the insect rather than the flower, I'd actually be more inclined to believe to be true.

Enigmatic and cyptic, this is a floral that's more pollen than flower, herbal without the presence of herbs and has a strange bitterness that you don't just smell but taste - permeating beyond the nasal cavity into the mouth and coating the tongue. All is not as it seems.

And yet..it's so utterly bewitching. Like the car crash you just can't avert your gaze from, this will have you inhaling deeply again and again, intoxicated by something that doesn't feel quite right, but powerless to stop.

It will confuse, frustrate, lurk in the shadows and do its utmost to resist revealing its secrets. But it will also ensnare and beguile you.

Un Fleur de Cassie is a mirage in the Malle line, the outlier, the one you perpetually overlook at the perfume counter for no discernible reason, the one you never get round to testing from your various sample vials. Once you do, however, you'll never forget it.

I don't want a bottle; I need a bottle.

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

This is like crawling into a hammock under some flowering trees and being breathed on by someone who's just spent the afternoon taking a really satisfying nap. It's totally uncanny and off the wall. I almost never want to wear another perfume again.

OpineOnline
OpineOnline

I bought a collection of Frederic Malle scents and I have tried this one several times and for whatever reason all I smell is hay in a horse stable that needs to be cleaned...

moonflower73
moonflower73

I took a fragrance finder quiz on the Frederic Malle website. Tess at the New York store felt Un Fleur De Cassie would be the perfect choice for me. Im very drawn to earthy, spicy, oriental scents. So this one was quite unusual for me. It smells very floral and soapy to me. I picture this as more of a vintage perfume worn by a wise sophisticated older woman. I cannot pinpoint any of the notes but the drydown on me is slightly reminenscent of Chanel #5. I get the soft and powdery aspect to it. The longevity on me may be around 3-4 hours tops. While I find Un Fleur Decided Cassie pretty, I really don't feel it works on me.

Beautiful but something in this scent makes it hard to breath, so this one is not for me...

Underbar men något i parfymen får det att tjockna i halsen, svårt att andas, så denna är inte för mig tyvärr.

spidola
spidola

Aldehydes! High concentration of them…and oily texture. It gives me the impression of smelling the “Extra virgin olive oil” where in the milling, accidently, instead of olives have been used a mix of yellow flowers. In the bouquet dominates the mimosa and my subconscious associates the composition with yellow color. Being correct, not yellow exactly, but gold. As the perfume is really rich, bold, adult.
It’s rather difficult imagine myself wearing it. It’s not because I do not like it…This gorgeous perfume is created for another personality and for another type of woman. I imagine to smell Un Fleur de Cassie near the Red Carpet, there would easily be someone wearing it – with the long dress and no detail out of place.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

To my nose, Une Fleur de Cassie is a smooth multi floral with a buttery texture. I find it hard to pinpoint exactly which note starts where, this is a luxurious liquid velour of a scent: thick and opaque but rich in seamlessly blended hues.

There's a very clear "take no prisoner" feel to this perfume, it's sensuous and confident, has the maturity of experience but will not stoop to being a crowd pleaser: take her or leave her, love her or hate her, she doesn't give a rip: you will, however, never forget her.

Even with her monster sillage I think of her as a skin scent: salty breathy slightly sweaty, she really shines her best when lurking from under a cashmere sweater worn on bare skin. This is not a fragrance I would pair with a flawless look, to me, it calls for smudged makeup and messy hair, it has that sensorial depth that speaks of a woman too busy enjoying the perks of being a woman to really give a damn about being perfectly put together all the time.

Don't overdo it, apply sparingly: this one can make Angel look like a plain, watered down wallflower if you put on too much. If you get the dose right, however, you will cause many to hug you longer, blush and stammer furiously only to lean in and try to catch another whiff while staring at you like a goddess descended on earth for their infinitely exquisite torture.

Yeah... It does things to people, lol.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

in my opinion this is a wonderful frag ,elegant ,sensual ,beutifully flower orchestrated ,definitely a must buy for very special people .
a powerful sillage and longevity for a floral scent and this makes me like it more and more

8.5/10

Violetta*11
Violetta*11

In my opinion this is one of the best in FM's collection. After the first light and fresh flower sensation, a twist kicks in in the form of a wicked warm and rich aroma (the previous comment was of cumin), bold, complimenting or accentuating human natural odour, but not in an offensive way but all sexy,to produce this unique combination of suave and rich at the same time (like a Chinese dish where salty, sweet and sour come together in your mouth and surprise you with their perfect balance)to produce this unique sensation that I think only the puritans will not appreciate.

Germany
Germany

Powdery with a nutty undertone and the leathery sweetness of mimosa is quite different and nice. I smell violets wrapped in leather and sandalwood. The almond note and the violet smell is heaven. I love this as soon as it hits my skin all the way through to the heavenly sandalwood dry down, musk mixed with sandalwood never fails. Its creamy and classy, sweet and astringent , classic !

Fragrantica fails to list the most important aspect of this beauty, aldehyde.
Same with lipstick rose ( another one of my favourites) and iris poudre all have plenty of aldehyde which is not listed here. Very misleading for the ones that love it or hate it. As it's such a huge part of this fragrance.

Update. I am not sure if I still like this as much. It has a fleshy or sweaty note. That I don't love so much. Not on me anyways.

christianne1
christianne1

(UPDATE: I have 2 different samples of this and neither smell even remotely the same. My review was based on a sample from The Perfumed Court. The official Malle 5 ml sample smells very peculiar and nothing like what I described in my review. I am wondering if they put the wrong fragrance in my vial from the PC or if the Malle sample is bad. I wish I knew what it was because I like it a lot more than the real Cassie. :( Makes you wonder how many unfair reviews are out there based on bad samples.)

If someone blind folded me and had me sniff the opening then asked me who I thought made it, my immediate thought would be Chanel...but a Chanel I had never smelled before. It is like a Chanel with a TINY splash of very diluted Joy. The little twang that you smell in Joy that makes it a little dirty smelling (but in a good way).

It settles down into a much gentler fragrance, a much softer, cleaner somewhat sweet floral. To me, it is basically like two completely different perfumes with two totally different feels.

A beautiful fragrance that reminds me SO much of something that I just can not place. This is an old school retro smell but not in an outdated way. It is a reflection of past "big" fragrances without smelling just like them. A softer version. It reminds me of something a child would dab on when her mom wasn't looking. It has a very "adult" vibe to it.

I think this is a very elegant fragrance that would reflect refined taste. This is definitely a "dress" scent to me. And I mean an actual dress, not "dressy". Something you would smell on someone in a more formal setting.

I like this very much and I can see where it would be a love for some. It is a beautiful mixed floral.

MLK
MLK

Nice, elegant, classic but unfortunately for me, headache inducing.
However, I will give it another try and hopefully it will work without giving me a headache.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I need to be in the right frame of mind to pull off wearing this perfume; like when my evil doppelganger makes an appearance and I am suddenly feeling like a mischievous, sexy trickster, up for fun.

My two favorite perfumes from Frederic Malle are Carnal Flower and Une Fleur de Cassie. To me they are like twin sisters; one light and one dark. Carnal Flower is fresh and light; like being in a light-filled greenhouse full of creamy dreamy tuberose. Une Fleur de Cassie is like being in a mysterious greenhouse at night, by the light of the full moon, with silvery snakes in the grass and spiders weaving glittery webs. Thoroughly gorgeous, but a little dark, mysterious, complex.

It's the fragrance to wear when you live life like a giant adventure, when it unfolds in ways you could never have expected. It it's an embodiment of the Hunter S. Thompson quote, “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson, "Gonzo"

serchina
serchina

This is my all time favorite. I have never ever loved a perfume as much as this one..I become addicted to this beautiful mimosa-carnation dream that has the strangest powdery creaminess I come across.

Ok, this smells like dramatical-retro happiness, being happy and sad at the same time..like a beautiful mimosa sitting in the scar of a smile..

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

Fleur de Cassie is my holy grail! After testing hundreds of scents, this is the one that makes my heart skip a beat. It is a dense composition. Mimosa and carnation dominate along with a persistent cumin note. It is a floral woody carnal scent. Very retro, slightly powdery.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Mimose-carnation-jasmine mainly. Semi strong vintage floral; creamy, powdery and green. Heavy on tuberose. There's something clean (jasmine) and strong (carnation) at the same time. Vanilla lingers in there as well.
Can be worn for daytime, but mostly for nighttime on a right person in the right quantities.
I find it appealing and a bit heavy at the same time; I'd say for 30's and up.
Silage and longevity 8+ hours.

I fully expected to love Frédéric Malle UNE FLEUR DE CASSIE. Dominique Ropion creates a cassis perfume chez Malle? What's not to love? I believe that I have determined the answer, in two words: aldehydic cumin. Yikes!

There is something truly jarring about this composition. It is unsettling, disturbing, disruptive, not comforting, soothing, or seductive--at least not to me! I appreciate this composition in theory, but in practice it's simply not very enjoyable for me to wear.

Interestingly enough, FLEUR DE CASSIE overlaps somewhat with Guerlain APRES L'ONDEE, but the latter is clean and limpid, while the former seems somehow crowded and cramped. Wearing APRES L'ONDEE is like loping through a lush field after a rain; wearing FLEUR DE CASSIE is like attempting to limp home after pulling a muscle in one's calf.

Not for me. I blame my personal incompatibility with this Ropion creation not on poor materials, which they certainly are not, nor on the perfumer--he's one of my favorites--but on what to me is an inharmonious marriage of aldehydes and cumin. Désolée.

mellybee
mellybee

The overpowering soapiness of aldehydes give place to the most realistic cassis interpretation which remains intensely green even when the mimose start to warm and blend with it. The creamy sandalwood grounds the drydown leaving a comforting feel and a sophisticated aura.
Its sillage is gentle, perfect for every day use.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

A jolt. Described as 1930s and it actually is: like Joy with mimosa. I walk by a house that has both jasmine and mimosa every morning on the way to the train and Fleur is incredibly lifelike...it's a subject I have specially boned up on. And then out of the blue it turns into a beautiful powdery scent, like No. 5. Two great tastes that go great together. Beautiful. But if you don't like old school smells, be careful.

daniela3
daniela3

There is a wonderful project behind this juice: it seems that a 80 or 90 years old (relevant!) know- how with the aim of charming people while putting a scented spell on them is here really achieved! I personally consider this fragrance a bridge between the most intriguing fragrances of the past with their rich complexity and the modernity of those of today. As usual Mr Ropion with the class of a real, great artist, has 'organized' this 'picture' adding also a deep sense of joy. Beautiful since the very beginning, evolution without any bad surprises. Good longevity and majestic sillage. I can only agree with all your positive reviews! ; )

For instance I've been wearing it from noon up to now (20,25 p.m.) during a very hot Italian summer day!

This is simply brilliant. A great example of what real perfumery is. A perfect machine where all the parts work meticolously, in their own place, with an incredible timing, in the right way. Une Fleur De Cassie is the total oppsite of minimalism but is so well orchestrated that all you can do is take your hats off and appreciate it.

A dirty-floral composition almost animalic with a pretty usual pyramid but with an unique smell. If this is not skill, you tell me what it is...A masterwork and a must try for everybody.

adrienn99
adrienn99

Just received a sample and had to apply immediately!

First sniff it was a greenish flower, carnation and cumin.

It is now also performing a creamy sensation.

Not sure if this perfume is me or not me. It has a very adverse effect, khm, it is kind of turning me on? :D Possible?

If I sniffed this one on a man... i would just jump at him, straight away. Not sure why, because there is not much masculine about it at all. I am puzzled.

Verdict: Requires further investigation

Kterhark
Kterhark

I was curious about this scent because of the fabulously descriptive reviews, but felt like I approached it wearing blinders.

It's not that i dont get this one, I just don't have an opinion on it. I had to wear it four times before reviewing because I'm putting it on, and yes i can smell it, but it doesn't last long enough to evaluate.

This is not a scent i dislike, this is not a scent that I love. This is just a scent that i tried.

It opens big and yellow for me; quite sweet actually, and this phase I'm 'eh' about. I don't get a dry down, but I do have something lingering on my clothes. I can't say this is musky, and I can't say it's dirty body-like, it's just a scent that is hanging on my clothes.

Bronx is right- this is an intellectual exercise, and the question is: why does it work for some people and not for others? Hmm...

mosesbotbol
mosesbotbol

My girlfriend's favorite to wear from FM. Musky, floral, but clean. Need to buy another one. Turns heads.

BronxBeauty
BronxBeauty

This perfume represents a fascinating intellectual exercise in perfuming. Last night after I put it on, I could not keep my nose off my wrist. It's decadent and intoxicating -- but definitely a niche product with little popular appeal.

The note on the sample card says Une Fleur de Cassie aims to evoke the "voluptuous, disturbing scents" of the 1930s and that the cassie flower has a fragrance that's "bestial, bordering on the coarse." (On my skin, it starts with a strong jasmine absolute then moves to tuberose and cassie.) The dustiness of the middle and basenotes do conjure the smell of makeup from that era. (My grandmother kept a store of vintage rouges and powders.)

UFDC is definitely not a scent for younger women -- it seems, rather, about the sexuality of mature women.

In her review of it, Sed Non Satiata talks about a note that smells like "unwashed bodies," which she identifies as cumin. I don't smell any spices, but I would her description a step further and say that there's a whopping fecal note in the middle of this perfume. It reminds me of sexual activities that produce not just spunk, but funk.

UFDC would be a good perfume for me if I could afford it: It's for someone overripe and overage but still alluring. Picture Simone Signoret at about this age, wearing a lace slip, stocking and garters, and you get the picture.

Une Fleur de Cassie by Frederic Malle 4.02 out of 5 based on 198 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Une Fleur de Cassie by Frederic Malle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Une Fleur de Cassie by Frederic Malle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.