Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Une Rose Frederic Malle for women

Une Rose Frederic Malle for women
dislike

wine
Une Rose Frederic Malle for women Pictures Une Rose Frederic Malle for women Pictures Une Rose Frederic Malle for women Pictures

Une Rose by Frederic Malle is a Floral fragrance for women. Une Rose was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Edouard Flechier. The fragrance features pelargonium, rose, fruity notes, woodsy notes, tuber, musk, honey, geranium and red wine.

Pelargonium Rose Fruity Notes Woodsy Notes tuber Musk Honey Geranium Red wine

La Fille de Berlin
Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection

Une Rose Fragrance Reviews

celticelle
celticelle

For those of you who find heavy rose notes in perfume cold and overbearing, I think you will like this fragrance. It does start off with a strong rose, but it's a warm rose flavored with spicy pelargonium. I think this makes it very sensual. After a few hours I also began to smell the sour wine note and woodiness in the background, which makes it very interesting.

If you think these additional notes would make a rose scent smell weird or angry or "off", then this wouldn't be for you. I happen to prefer it, as I find scents such as Balenciaga's Rosaflorabotanica overpowering and stuffy. La Fille de Berlin is another rose that has a lot of other notes that make it uncharacteristic of a true rose and to me more wearable. I think Une Rose is definitely worthy of a least a decant.

appleberry37
appleberry37

Turns masculine on my skin for some reason. Very strong male perfume like smell.

First spray smells good : smells like entire rose-rose along with rose leaf, rose root, and the dirt. exactly like the photo at the boutique shows and the sales person said the same thing.

but after 10-20 minutes or so, it becomes such a strong male scent yuck!!

Sorry, English is not my first language so forgive my bad grammar.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

Basic rose solifleur in the opening. Pure rose bouquet. After it warms up the sandalwood takes the stage with the memory of something peppery. the pelargonium or geranium maybe? There's some musk in there too but as rose solifleurs go it's not exceptional enough to justify the price. It does last forever though.

rockegg
rockegg

Wearing this I envision my chemistry going to war. First the fragrance side wins, then my skin wins, back and forth. When it opened it broke my heart with its beauty - real rose, masterfully done! Then my skin went on the offensive and it turned into, believe it or not, plastic. I was glad to see someone else has posted that they smell plastic so it isn't just me. Then it rallied and the predominant impression became geraniums, which remind me of my grandmother's house. My skin counter attacked and turned it into wood. Time has passed and it seems to have reached a detente of rose, geranium, and rotting wood. Sorry to say, I am not loving this.

Edit: more time passed and now it's almost entirely geraniums. Une Geranium?

houzi
houzi

My first thought when I smelled this perfume: such a beautiful, dewy, true rose. The rose bush that has just so kindly surrendered this beauty to me must be quite special. I'm pretty sure it grows in a garden tended to by a wise gardener, who believes nature is the best landscape artist of all. His garden looks deceptively unkempt - inviting you to come in, alone and barefoot, to just wander, inhale, admire the vegetation, and enjoy a chilly touch of the morning dew on your feet. I'm sure my rose has been picked from this very garden just a short moment ago. It's so fresh and green I almost see the juice seeping out from the cut on its stem.

This is also the most enjoyable phase in the perfume's development to me, the initial one or two hours, when the rose is earthy and raw. One thing I noticed, though - the scent has a tricky tendency to intensify quite a lot on skin during this stage too. Better not overdo it.

What happens next, I'm not a big fan of. My fresh, wet rose becomes a lot less earthy, a little more fruity, and mostly just sharp and screeching as it drowns in high-pitched tones of pelargonium/geranium and cold, woody musk. It's as if someone yanked it out of that beautiful garden, put it in a tacky vase, and dumped the vase on a cramped balcony reigned over by pots and boxes of brash, bright red geraniums. It's clearly a case of bad chemistry.

I really like how this rose blooms on me for the first one-two hours, but she and I are not a good match. My skin seems to bring out too much of its tannic, astringent character in the drydown, even turn it sour sometimes. Too bad, as it opens up so nicely. Excellent longevity.

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

Trying this today, it's really lovely. I agree you do get a burst of "just cut blossoms" and earth and green initially, much more of a rose than the "rose with wine and/or berries" I get with Lutens' Un Fille de Berlin. This might just be one of the nicest rose scents I've worn. It's also best used sparingly, I find the sillage moderate (no one's wrinkling their nose at me yet), and thus far, it's noon and it's still going strong, after having been applied at about 7:00 in the morning.

brickbishop
brickbishop

I bought a sample of this fragrance and sprayed a single spritz into the air and walked through it shirtless as a test of how it would react to my body chemistry. I was extremely pleased that it works well on a male! The compliments I received were amazing, one young lady said it smelled like what she hoped Lord Byron smelled like and a guy told me It reminded him of his summer wedding in a garden in Provence. It is most definitely a rose, a big juicy Jacaranda rose... perhaps a Sterling Silver rose.... And living in New Orleans it will most definitely be the scent I wear all summer.

LB152
LB152

Classic and refined is the best way to describe Une Rose. It's ALMOST captures the literal meaning of a "ROSE' scent. I think other attempts at exact rose scents get lost in translation and flatline but Une Rose remains sturdy and firm in what she's trying to say without being rude or boring.

Une Rose is a more tamed and safer velvety rose unlike Portrait of A Lady which gives the impression of unpredictability and danger.

Une Rose is reminiscent of the really expensive bouquet of roses you get that tells you money was of no object…

The bouquet of roses that gives the impression that he actually went into some English garden and hand-selected each rose JUST FOR YOU!

Sillage is enormous (but in a good way) and longevity unbelievable at 10-12hrs.

She's a true beauty.

yvashche
yvashche

A wet rose, steeped in dark greens. I like it even better than Portrait of a Lady. This one is more sour and doesn't have that strange sharp note Portrait has.

lisa o
lisa o

seems that I'm strangely focused, but I smell iso-e-super everywhere. here it at least doesn't cause this feeling of lockjaw that I experienced when wearing other iso-e-super-driven fragrances. I like UNE ROSEs sadness and bulkiness. it's a bit like smelling the last withered dark-pink rose on a rosebush in autumn. raw winds and rain blew and washed away the others and this is the one which offered resistance longest of all, already quite dried out and a bit brown, it still tries to seduce with it's compelling smell but at the same time stings your fingers bleeding with its brittle thorns. UNE ROSE has something austere and elegant, but paradoxically also something comforting which- in combination- I sometimes really enjoy. and actually not (only) for events, just for myself.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

UNE ROSE by Frederic Malle

This is Astonishingly Gorgeous! Shamelessly carnal yet haughtily elegant! Magnificent! Opens with a potent blast of sun warmed, fully blooming mass of dark crimson rose petals, geranium, and rose geranium blossoms soaked in finely aged burgundy wine.

The loamy-rich-cool-damp-fertile-topsoil scent of the earthy animalic vetiver/patchouli/castoreum accord meshes deftly with IsoE Super musk + dry-woody Karanal-type amber to form a unique olfactory dichotomy with the warm-herby-honeyed chamomile + the powerfully fresh, astringently-bracing pelargonium/geranium flowers blossoms soaking in fruity-oak-barrel aged burgundy wine.

The opulent rich and oily Turkish Rose absolute accord is suspended between this brilliant scent contradiction with the result being that all aspects of rose, from the fresh lemony-spicy-green rosehip buds to the fully blooming voluptuous petals warming in the summer sun, are fully realized and amplified to maximum olfactory glory here.

This is elegantly sweetened only by that which is naturally occurring within honeyed chamomile and flowers. No extraneous added sugar exists here.

This perfume composition fills the nasal cavities like someone’s ears would be filled with the depth and complexity of hearing Beethoven’s 9th symphony live with full orchestra and chorus blasting away on a hyper-amplified sound system of a rock concert sitting in front row seats. This scent is absolutely fascinating.

Visually this brings to mind the Dark Elf Queen reclining in her forest boudoir, sipping a finely aged burgundy wine on a warm, moonlit Midsummer’s Night.

The scent is not a linear or a traditional pyramid construction. This composition is brilliantly Spiral with the vivid push/pull between the animalically voluptuous accords and the freshly vegetal notes continuing persistently throughout the long life of this scent on the skin, both of the antagonists constantly orbiting the Rose which occupies center stage at all times.

It is tremendously lively throughout development in the way the various accords dance with each other, and also against each other on the skin. In the universe of perfume, this composition is a very special and gloriously beautiful little solar system.

Skin testing is absolutely required for this one because the combination of crudely vulgar animalic and the celestially refined vegetal could easily skew too much in either direction depending on chemistry.

For me on my skin, this sits squarely in the middle and I am madly in love with another divine rose masterpiece. Standing ovation and deafening applause to Edouard Flechier.

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

Probably the queen of all the rose scents I've tried, Une Rose is so lavish yet primitive, like smelling a rose that has been just yanked from soft soil. You get an earthy scent with the greenness from the roots, stem, leaves and thorns before you slowly reach the velvety petals that have been dribbled with red wine, truffles and honey.

It's more of a rose you wear for golden champagne parties in France than a daily scent so I'm saving it for when we sail for the Riviera. If ever. So beautifully gorgeous, it's like wearing art.

wallywinthrop
wallywinthrop

A bit of a letdown for me, this. I was really itching to try it, thinking it would be this big extravagant rich jammy pulpy rose scent, and once my sample arrived I was disappointed to encounter the scent of rosewater with a strange mushroomy astringent quality to it. If you like sour green roses and enjoy the idea of truffles and wine in perfume you'll like this. I was anticipating a different type of rose scent, so I can't say it's bad - just not what I was expecting and hoping for. I prefer the liqueurish sweetness of Sa Majeste La Rose.
EDIT: The previous was my first reaction, and I pulled this out to test it again. I'm smelling the richness, the velvety plushness, the notes of wine and soil. It's not a sweet honeyed rose, so don't go expecting one. This one misbehaves and twists expectations. It's a dark and moody rose - I'm enjoying it much more this time around!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I am always on the lookout for a rose scent that could capture my heart, so when I first heard about this one, I bought it blindly fully expecting to hate it. Most of the rose scents I come across are so "old lady" or far too restrained to keep me entertained, like something Grace Kelly would wear.

Une rose knocked me out immediately. It's like a big giant lush red rose in full bloom was plucked out of the wet earth, dirt and all! It's not "Grace Kelly" at all, but more like Bettie Page!!! It's fun and gutsy and innocent looking, but sexy as hell! I love, love, love it!!

PinkTissue
PinkTissue

Initially I wanted to buy the Portrait of a Lady. When it was sprayed on the test strip, it strengthened my resolution because it smells divine. The Une Rose, on the other hand, smells too sweet on the test strip and knowing that it had a fruity note, I dismisses it as my skin tend to amplify the citrus note to the extent that it cover other notes. However, when tested on my skin, it is a different story. The Portrait of a Lady is already packed and ready to be taken home when I realized that the beautiful rosé scent surrounding is from my left wrist where Une Rose is sprayed. The Portrait of A Lady on the other hand has mellowed into a complex musty rose woody sandalwood scent that I am not sure whether I really like. I changed my order immediately. I read through the reviews and many commented that it is too citrusy and green. But on me, it is delicately sweet lush rose scent which stays true with hints of honey and red wine. Even the SA said that Une Rose smells divine on me. It is not to say that Portrait of a Lady is not a good perfume. It is complex & intriguing but I am on the fence whether I like the dry down.

the scent of life
the scent of life

This is a very interesting scent for connoisseurs.
I am not a rose perfume lover and i have difficulties with bouquet perfumes. Since trying and totally falling in love with Guerlain Duet rose-patchouli i am in the mood to find a perfect substitute that smells that beautiful well balanced delicate rose scent .
UNE ROSE smells like a beautiful rose just took it from the ground. It is a very green rose.
When sprayed on paper I was in a total ecstacy. I really couldn't stop wanting to smell more. But once tried on my skin unfortunately that green note was very dominant, making it not pleasant to my nose. I think it would be a great perfume for men.
Still i was impressed by this perfume

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

This is a very rich and intesne dark rose fragrance. Sharp, sour, and fresh. It feels like a whole rose with petals, stem and leaves in the bottle. it is also a very straight and clean rose scent, less powdery, less sweety, less polished.

tubereuse
tubereuse

Wow, wow, wow. On opening, smells precisely the same as pure turkish rose essential, oil. True aromatherapy in a perfume - floored again by FM!

ladykarl
ladykarl

Very Very Serious Rose

first thoughts:
old lady
last thoughts:
sophisticated

the depth of the rose is supported well
by the pelargonium and wine notes

there is an earthiness that opens up
after the initial intensity
that is nice in that it smells clean rather than dirty
rich truffle like earthiness

i kept expecting pepper to pop up but
the fact that it didnt was a good move
as it kept me on my toes
without being peppy or
citrusy
i dont detect any of the fruits

if this were textiles id say:
medium to heavy weight
cashmere fabric/ silk lining made into a fine coat

the qualities present keep it tame
yet strong and regal

darrshan77
darrshan77

review of darrshan

i love fm perfumes but with une rose i do like it but i have ysl paris amouage. lyric man and paul smith rose and une rose is like them so dont spend on une rose is my advice

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

This is a very intense rose. Also a little bit sour. Did not like this perfume at all, because of the sourness. I tested this from a sample because I am always looking for the perfect rose perfume. But the rose in here is just too much and too weird. I am not really good in decribing scents, but it is just a bit of a weird smell to me. I prefer FM Portrait of a Lady.

Patti04
Patti04

For me rose perfumes are quite similar, but this is different because it is well balanced, I like it, I had a vial but I'm not so sure I want to buy me a bottle, any way if you like roses you should try it.

daniela3
daniela3

Well, well, well.... Very nice on the paper, all your reviews can be right wether positive or negative. I love roses, in general, so it could suits me but....this is a different matter: it reminds me quite clearly 'Rose opulent' by Maitre G. et P. which was released many years before, but unlike the latest it doesn't express the same joyous attitude towards life, it seems to be its half depressed cousin. I love F. Malle's creations......but I'm feeling quite uneasy when I do confess to be quite disappointed by this 'Rose', all the same: 'Une rose 'has been lived in my cupboard for a long while, I do not wear it very often: nice 'everything' but on my skin it is so merciless that 'shoots' orange juice and acid lemon disrespectfully!, of course, it can be a trick of my skin.....Probably it's my chemistry, (again?) Good persistence, but.. try it and reflect, before buying it!

(Well, after all it was my birthday present 2 years ago....)

kl99
kl99

I wonder if Fléchier, given that he is the creator of Davidoff (classic 1984), is also the mind behind Zino Davidoff. Today I had this woman close to me in the same room, I noticed this courious perfume. Original, but moving, and sometime familiar. After a second I said to "it's Zino!" (a fragrance I love and I wear). I asked to her, but she said was a Malle scent. then she remembered to be Une Rose. Because the rose of Une Rose it really has the smell in the heart, in the middle, like Zino Davidoff. The same creamy-fruity-rose. Obviously is the surround is different, very feminine, and sunny, luminescent. That's strange, I sniff the clue of Fléchier in Zino! ;)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

It smells like rose. What a surprise! A perfume that smells like its name. It’s a citrusy, greenish rose tinged with lots of geranium- and citronella-type components. After 5-10 minutes there is a huge cloud of sillage that just keeps getting bigger and bigger. The mega-sillage lasts for a couple of hours, after which the whole thing dries down into a greenish, citrusy, slightly woody rose that lasts for 6-8 hours, after which it’s just a light trace on the skin. For anyone who is a fan of rose soliflore scents, this is a must-try.

To my nose, Frédéric Malle UNE ROSE is a slightly green and rather earthy rose soliflore. I agree with the manufacturer's card, which describes the scent as that of a rose complete with its roots. So it's not the rosebush-in-a-blender, clean, green rose snapped complete with leaves and thorns, which is quite a bit more common. Instead UNE ROSE is a dirty rose, slightly sour around the edges, like damp, fermenting soil. The geranium is not overwhelming, but I do detect it along with the rose.

There is some real depth and complexity here, but, limiting myself to one rose perfume per house ((-:), I'd opt for LIPSTICK ROSE instead. UNE ROSE is a must sniff for rose connoisseurs, but receptions to the distinctively earthy quality of this rose are bound to vary a lot.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

For me, this is a very lovely full and lush rose and during its wear time (on me it clocks well over 12 hours) you get to experience its entire life cycle, from first bloom, to its death.

Its like with the spray the rose is afixed to your skin as if it were the dirt the rose will grow in.

Upon application, there's an amazing burst of fresh rose. It reminds of mid spring, when my rose bushes have just started to bud and the buds are growing. An amazing greeness about them. You get the coolness of the earth about 15 minutes later.

It dosen't stop there however. Over time it deepens and settles, and literally blooms on your skin.

4-6 hours in the rose begins to intensify. it dosen't go screechy, there's still restraint there. But now it blooms and does so until its fullest, on me its at its peak at 6-8 hours.

10 hours and I can smell rose decay, some wine dregs, and earth smells. From about the 10 hour mark it starts to fade. Even after an entire day, I wake and smell it on my skin still, faded memory of what it was. Yes of course, but still the beauty of that rose remains stamped in my mind.

On my skin this is a very strong perfume. A single spray on my skin perfumed over 1000 sq foot house! So its best to take care when spraying this for sure.

It is somewhat linear, but I don't mind that, there are some lovely things that go on if you pay attention to them.

Lastly, this perfume made me smile for an entire day. And when I went out during my day, others also enjoyed it on me. To me it dosen't smell old, but very fresh, a bit young, and very daring. I wore this in dungarees and a tshirt.

Also there was no need to stick my nose to my wrist, you could smell it quite easily coming from it!

Recommended for rose enthusiasts.

mymlan
mymlan

It's very difficult to capture the scent of dewy-fresh roses from the garden. No perfume so far has done it (that I know). The result from trying is much like Une Rose. A soliflower fragrance with a slightly powdery rose in the middle. The thing is that it would be perfect if it didn't had the micro powdery note, because that makes it somehow dry and not dewy fresh. It also makes it somehow perfumey.

Don't get me wrong, I really really adore Une Rose, and I'm on the fence buying it. Perhaps it's closest to a true rose you can get but still it's not identical.

On the other hand, a very cheap fragrance: Tea Rose, from Perfumers Workshop is also close, in fact it's also the closest one to Une Rose I ever smelt. But if Une Rose is a dark red velvety rose, Tea Rose is a big pink one and maybe not as wellcrafted.

However, as Tea Rose costs only 1/10 of Une Rose I think that if it's good enough for Nicole Kidman, it might just be good enough for me. The next Malle fragrance I will buy is En Passant. After that I may spend some money on Une Rose

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I somewhat agree and disagree with armchair sailor.On one hand I agree, that you can not produce exact rose smell in any perfume, on the other hand i recon, that if someone loves rose smell so much, and misses it during winter or other days, why not to have something rosy for the mood? To me this one is not as bad as other rose note perfumes, and remind me of bulgarian oil, that was sold in my childhood in small veils.
I had little sample of this one, but frankly, I wouldn't buy a whole bottle, only if it is "dirt cheap".

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

A beautiful intense dark red rose

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

Do you want to smell the wonderful perfume of a rose after the rain? Well, go out and smell a real one.
No master perfumer will ever come close to what nature produced. What puzzles me is why one should want to wear a rose's perfume. It is beautiful on a stem, it doesn't belong to your decolleté. Perfume art, as I intend it, is an abstract exercise on beautiful smells. To challenge nature means to lose. Badly.
I love to smell a note of rose in perfumes. But to replicate roses (or any other flower) is pointless.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

WOW! Went to Liberty today and the assistant gave me the sample of "Une Rose" which quite frankly is the best and most authentic Rose I have ever smelled.
I love "West Side" by Bond #9 which is a boozy, vanilla, biscuit-wafers, kind of rose, but if you want a bursting rose after a long rain, when the bud opens in the sun, THIS IS IT!
The Jacaranda Rose explosion of a perfume!!!
Unbelievable!!!
(oh and before I forget Czech & Speake also do a lovely one called "Dark Rose" which is also worth a try albeit just a cologne)

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

What a fabulous fragrance! When I initially sampled this, I got a very pure, slightly green, rose note. This was really strong and I wondered whether I'd spritzed too much (this is a really concentrated scent!). Oh my, the dry down is stunning. Une Rose kept changing, and I picked up a slight zesty note in the background which brought out the beauty of the rose note in all its glory. Truly multifaceted and a cut above the majority of rose fragrances out there.

LOVERS
LOVERS

Une Rose is fucking beautiful!. I grew up in a house full of towering vases full of roses and Pelargonium so this scensory exposure is a wonderful thing for my nose and skin to behold. Une Rose retails for AU$455 here in Australia but its worth every cent. Everything from the fresh burst of fresh roses picked straight from the garden with their intense sweet scent and the dirty earthiness at their stem to the beautiful citrus notes that give an offbeat but still strong powerful smell of tropical fresh fruit that play nicely in the background while the Rose is still overbearing but in the best way possible. The woody note in this scent takes the rose back down to earth and burns it slightly. I get this kinda smokiness at the tip of my nose and then it disseappears and becomes powdery and very soft- very sensual indeed. Lasting power is phenomenal.

Galya
Galya

Thank to Ceresa I have a a sample of this perfume and I must to say that I have the same natural oily rose in pure oil of rose by some italian brand of natural products as "Le monde frais" .

Izta
Izta

Simply the best! No needs to describe it, it simply is! Once you wear it, your soul wears it!

Cereza
Cereza

This is the kind of rose I don't usually enjoy, although it is very beautiful, but on my skin it opened a little bit too bitter and green, it definitely has some resemblence to bulgarian rose oil as someone mentioned before, the part I enjoy the most is the drydown. Before that it's a bit too soapy and metallic for me to enjoy. The drydown though is to die for, such a pity about the heart and opening :(

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This is a confrontational masculine rose fragrance, and I suppose we need more of those. The earthy/fungal opening gives way to a dark, sweet rose, imbued with hints of green and a black plastic accord, somewhat like dusty vinyl. I like the concept, but I'm a little surprised by the dynamics of this perfume. First of all, the ingredients are not as high-quality as I expected. The note separation is a little murky, and everything smells a tad synthetic, like realistic flowers and plastic have been sprayed and dampened by a chemical fixative. This leaves the entire fragrance smelling a little stale and "perfumey," for lack of a better word. These quibbles aside, it's a good one and definitely worth trying if you're a guy or gal who wants to wear a black rose out.

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

although i find une rose extremely beautiful, i also find it hard to wear as it sometimes tend to have a mushroom smell on my skin... But i absolutely loooove to smell it on other people, it's very elegant.

Adiro
Adiro

The fruits give flesh and blood to this rose, and the woods give it a backbone!
It is the most perfect, onctuous,incredibly beautiful and opullente rose that I've ever smelled, it is alive, it's breathing and taking my breath away, it's pulsating and making me shiver, it's a rose with a heartbeat!
The most amazing rendition, a stunning beauty of colossal proportions, it will make you feel like a queen, but you need guts to wear it!

Expensive, but worth it's price tenfold! It lasts a good 12 hours on skin, and I wish the bottle would last me a lifetime!

I get a spicy, green rose that dries down to sharply woody notes that almost smell of alcohol.A shame because it goes on so lovely, but the ending is just too harsh on my skin.

mosesbotbol
mosesbotbol

Suprised it does not get mentioned for men at all. As a male, I love wearing and my girlfriend wear it too. Much more natural than the lipstick rose and also more masculine. For an olive skin or Middle Eastern look, the Une Rose works. One of FM's better scents I think.

Ldymrmlde
Ldymrmlde

I am always searching for the perfect rose scent and this one of them. The rose is a fruity rose with a navel orange twist and then the greenery of the scent comes out. On the drydown, the citrusy smell of rose is gone and you're left with a subtle fragrance.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

This is a big whack of rose right out of the sprayer! Be careful not to put too much on the first time. I like it, but it's not the best perfume for me. It becomes a little sour on me over time. It's very complex and interesting, for sure.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Dry, boozy, powdery and utterly refined. At the same time, it emits such a raw sexuality I am sometimes wary of wearing it in public. A masterpiece, and probably one of the best renditions of rose available in the market. I am humbled by the sheer geniality of compositions like this.

F_A
F_A

I agree with jeca - it definately has oily notes. Actually this fragrance reminds me the fragrance my grandmother used to wear when I was a child - Bulgarian rose oil perfume. Une Rose has the same airy sharpness of Bulgarian rose which brings me the lovely childhood memories!...

Nuppu
Nuppu

I do love different kind of rosescents and I'm always willingly trying new ones. Frederic Malle Une Rose is delightful clean, green strong rose. Suits everyday wear fine, but do have enough precense and class for evening too. I will enjoy my sample until it's all gone. Just so lovely.

rebella
rebella

This perfume starts off very sharp just as jeca writes. It is powerful and sultry. The green notes in it make the fragrance more interesting and personal than if it would be "only" plain floral... I love rose fragrances but don´t wear them so often, because they often are a bit difficult and definitly draw attention to the wearer... this one is no exception. I find it to be a wonderful rose for brave, confident and mature females. Still I think it is easy and soft to wear, a contradiction I guess?

When I wear rose fragrances I always try to imagine with kind of rose it is... Frederic Malle´s "Une Rose" is as much red rose as it´s possible for a rose to be! Very red, in full bloom and it make me think of Spain and beautiful actress Penelope Cruz.

jeca
jeca

This an intensive fragrance (25%), sweet rose, sharp at the first sniff, and fresh, with green notes, and with oily notes.
Beautiful and clear.

Une Rose by Frederic Malle 4.14 out of 5 based on 273 ratings and 49 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Frederic Malle Une Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Frederic Malle Une Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Une Rose by Frederic Malle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Une Rose by Frederic Malle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.