Designers » F-H » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Cannabis Santal Fresh for men

Cannabis Santal Fresh for men
dislike

cacao

Cannabis Santal by Fresh is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Cannabis Santal was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Caroline Sabas. Top notes are brazilian orange, plum and bergamot; middle notes are patchouli, rose and cannabis; base notes are musk, dark chocolate, vetiver and vanilla.

Brazilian Orange Plum Bergamot

Patchouli Rose cannabis

Musk Dark Chocolate Vetiver Vanilla

Cannabis Santal Fragrance Reviews

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

i felt like taking a chance today and trying this one out

anything with Cannabis in the title or as a note has to make one curious so i dove right in expecting something similar to the cannabis in smoke for the soul by kilian

boy was i wrong this scent seem to only use the word cannabis to draw people in since i dont get cannabis from it at all

the patchouli and chocolate along with the plum is its main appeal and what seems to hold this scent together but once again one of the names main notes seems like its nowhere to be found Santal

after its all said and done i mainly only got a overly sweet opening with poor longevity and decent projection just a couple of hours in and it already become a skin scent

i really was expecting more from this scent based on the title alone :( but if you do like A*MEN and would like something similar dont be afraid to give this a try

on to the next

K1
K1

Neither cannabis nor so oriental. Cannabis Santal is a melange of gourmand vibe of patchouli as in Mugler's A*Men and lactonic plum in Lutens' Bois et Fruits, sauced with chocolate. This is a clash of veer uncomfortably nasty yummy and earthy floral vetiver. I found it more a ambiance scent that personal fragrance. Unprocessed to be a perfume. But, honestly, nice to get a yummy vibe of scent on casualty.

نه کانابیس نه اورینتال. کانابیس سانتال ترکیبی از اکوردهای خوراکی، پچولی اونطور که توی کارهای مردونۀ موگله هست، و اکورد میوه ای لکتونیک مثل آلوسیاهی که توی کارهای سرج لوتنس دیده میشه. انگار این ترکیب رو با شکلات سس زده باشین. این ترکیب تصادمی از نت های خوراکی نه چندان راحت با اکورد وتیور خاکی و فلورال هست. به نظر من بیشتر به بوی محیط میخوره تا عطر شخصی. به عنوان عطر یه خورده نیمه کاره هست. اما انصافا، برای بعضی وقتا که دوست دارین همینطوری یه بوی خوشمزه دم دستی داشته باشین کار خوبیه

bled_eidol
bled_eidol

The first couple times I wore this, I wasn't sure about it. I basically thought I smelled like a bar of milk chocolate. I mean, it smelled GOOD, but not how I generally want a fragrance to smell. However, after giving it some time, I definitely picked up on more of the complexities.

The opening IS ridiculously gourmand for me. The chocolate and vanilla dominate. A video reviewer I watched described the scent as "doughy" and that definitely fits the bill. You'll find a little bit of the citrus notes if you look for them, but not much.

The dry-down is really where this perfume shines, in my opinion. The sweetness mellows out and the earthiness of the patchouli emerges. Definitely a compliment-getter. The longevity is excellent, twelve hours plus on my skin. Projection is hard to pin down, I thought it stayed pretty close to the skin, but then someone said they could smell it when they walked in the door (I was sitting about six feet away). I'm kind of between like and love on this one. It's sweeter than I usually wear, but it's definitely compelling.

zmoneaux
zmoneaux

Earthy patchouli. Bitter dark chocolate. Juicy plum. I get barely any cannabis from this, maybe in the first 10 minutes and it's a fresh bud rather than a burning joint. 9 hour longevity and projection outside of arms length.

Wow Factor?: Yes, the juicy plum over earthy bitter chocolate and patchouli is gorgeous.

Rating from Poor to Outstanding: Good, ***

Redpula
Redpula

This stand in between Serge Lutens Borneo and Thierry Mugler Angel for women. Less heady than Angel and less dirty patchouli compared to Borneo. The beauty of Fresh Cannabis Santal is right from the heart and dry down. Such a perfect fall fragrance that is solid in projection and above average in longevity. The cannabis is very light if not noticeable. I caught it's impression during the heart stage than the rose and sandalwood. This is worth owning even if you already have Borneo and Angel. Fresh CS has a character on its own despite it's obvious resemblance with the two perfumes.

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Delicious.
This thick foggy fragrance goes places. Its transportation in a bottle. This is Woodstock and Studio 54 disguised as a fine fragrance. A wolf in sheep's clothing the chocolate disguises a background of patchouli and weed - dancing around alight floral/vetiver base.
Longevity and Sillage are wonderful and this lasts all day projecting about 3-6 feet.
Full Bottle Worthy and a must have for me.
Such a fun and exciting fragrance!

acidnbass
acidnbass

Oh Cannabis Santal. I first discovered you as a candle in the back room of a boutique apothecary shop in Sonoma while shopping with my sisters. You were my teenage dream sexy-man scent. Fresh green patchouli, cracked cubeb, and dusty dose of smokey Mexican vanilla and vetiver tickled my nose and so quickly I was shot up to H.E.A.V.E.N. You're clean and dirty, hot and cool with that j'ne sais quoi at the same time. I bought your candle and would light you at night while finishing my math homework wishing you were the man beside me.

Cannabis Santal can be a little harsh. It's top nose is musky, green, spicy, and sweet all at the same time—an overpowering combo that can easily turn people off. However, the swampy greenness of the patchouli quickly subsides and lends a more nuanced musk that blends beautifully with the smokey vanilla and spices. It always keeps a fresh woody alkaline bite that keeps the sweetness of the vanilla and chocolate dry-down from being cloying. Very much the spicy, smokey Mexican—and not the fruity and flowery Tahitian—kind of vanilla.

Rather long lasting, with potent whiffs escaping long after application. It doesn't become powdery but instead rather musky and tangy after long wear. Serves better in cold and wet vs hot and dry climes, with hot-humid environments amplifying the scent quickly to overpowering and heady levels.

After wearing it so long, I've seen all of its colors as my body chemistry has changed, and it does vary—I'd definitely test this out a few times before committing to a bottle, as a little goes a long way.

Recommended for complex and subdued men (or women) who could use a touch of affronting sexuality.

Eos
Eos

This a well blended woody patchouli with a fresh, camphorous opening and a creamy woody drydown. In my mind this is an exploration of patchouli as a whole, with many facets represented including green/camphorous, dry, creamy/chocolatey, and warm woody. To me its a very soothing fragrance and a good bang for your buck. Recommended for patchouli lovers.

Airpear
Airpear

I bought this on eBay based on the descriptions here. Its way too masculine to wear, it smells like Ralph Lauren Polo or something, like straight-up men's cologne. Not happy.

Jenavira
Jenavira

One of the few patchoulis I like. Lacquered red wood with a mentholated breeze. Great when you want something that suggests temples.

nsquared
nsquared

On the dry down you have a very nice sweet patchouli/chocolate scent. It has minor similarities to the Mugler Angel/A*Men family at this point. On me I get more chocolate and less caramel, and the cannabis scent is very much in the background. The longevity and projection are really good. I get lots of compliments with this one.

ascuabrillante
ascuabrillante

On me, the scent is too intensely masculine for the first 20 or so minutes--reminds me of my dad's deodorant or something. However, it dries down very warm, spicy, sexy. I love smelling my clothes after having worn it because the patchouli citrus lingers and that's my favorite part of this fragrance. It can't be my signature scent, but it's a good night scent in my opinion!

lkha37
lkha37

This is one of the sexiest sandalwoods that I have smelt. It's sweet but unmistakably masculine. One of my favorite bedtime scents. Mmmm......

Ursa Mater
Ursa Mater

On first impression, I like this. The cannabis is subdued and more of a scent "burr" that rounds out and adds some herby haze to the sandalwood and chocolate, tastefully done. On me there is not much projection, but pretty good longevity. Seems perfectly unisex. It's earthy, but not heavy. I picked out the rose but couldn't find the vetiver at all.

picknenders
picknenders

One of the best. Creamy sandalwood and cannibas. Simple - but very unique. A year round scent that is non obtrusive. Ultra calming and interesting. IMO - one of the best under $100 out there. Give it a shot!

ryfeliciano
ryfeliciano

somewhat changes its fragrance from the moment you spray to the moment when you take a bath again. I like it but I am not sure if it is compatible with me

The drydown is straight up gourmand, for those interested, though not outrageously sweet.

DandelionPicker
DandelionPicker

This smells really good on my skin. Clean, light, and earthy. I'll wear it a lot.

chrisndema
chrisndema

Wow this is so nice....the rite amount of spice, floral and musk. And the vetiver in here is done rite. I love this kind of male frag that a women cud easily wear.........signature contender.

Roge'
Roge'

Hey! Where's the cannabis in this?! Luckily, i dont care. Im a sucker for anything santal. This is hands down an easy choice as a signature scent for anyone that likes woody floral compositions. This is a gentle perfume cloaked in a breath of musk. At times, its hard to distinguish if you're smelling chocolate, vanilla or patchouli which all are very soft. There is definitely an Angel Man DNA in this fragrance. Some people will complain about longevity issues which i find to be somewhat true. The trick is you should probably spray on clothing. This is one of those fragrances that smells really great in passing.

Scrilla
Scrilla

I don't know what's going on with my skin but the longevity here is zero. An hour, tops. Which is too bad because the initial spray if amazing for about 20 minutes. Then a soft musky sweetness then nothing. 2 days in a row of testing. The second day I made extra sure that my skin was well moisturised. Nothing!

A pity. I'll try it again in the summer.

UPDATE:

I tested it again yesterday, ten months later. I love it! Longevity is definitely better. Maybe the tester was old? It was from Sephora. All those bright lights...

It lasted 7-8 hours yesterday, not overwhelming, longer on clothes (some got on my sleeve. Could smell it on sleeve much longer).

Love it now! I don't get any Sandalwood, I know it's not listed but--it's right there in the name. Patchouli, chocolate, musky rose dry down with a hit of vetiver. The dry down is more masculine than the opening. LOVELOVELOVE!!

I really wanted this to work for me as I love all the notes and am obsessed with patch/chocolate. I'm glad it finally did.

Lynea
Lynea

I bought this after spending tons of time researching perfumes with vetiver for women. Many of the perfumes used cheaper quality vetiver, or often had toxins and even drugs in them (Angel, being one of them, has phenobarbitol -- a barbituate). I fell in love with this instantly, but I was afraid it was too manly for me. Quiet honestly, it is more suited for a man, but the scent is too gorgeous to pass up, so I wear it a night if I am having trouble sleeping (it's so comforting), or if I am going out I will layer it with something that has more floral and citrus to balance it out for me. It works. For me, I smell the base notes as the more distinctive features: the vetiver, musk and vanilla, and along for the ride are the citrus and plum and to deliver the predominating woods scent in a more accessible package. The middle notes just are there to soften the woods.

I would not say this is a "look at me" cologne, but more of a, "I know who I am. I love the outdoors, and I love to be around people." I see that it is a personable cologne because it has some traditional woods in it, and has a welcoming approach with the plum and vanilla.

The lack of toxic junk in it makes it more wearable and fresh. I wish all men wore this. Well done, Fresh!

lallafral
lallafral

It's funny, when I wear this my girl friends say I smell like a guy, while men tell me I smell nice. This smells really rich, warm and comforting. It lasts pretty long too; it seems to linger on my clothes for a while. This was my first "real" perfume, I was maybe 15 or 16 when I bought it so it makes me feel really confident to wear it.

Projection: 7/10
Silliage: 7/10
Longevity: 8/10 (my skin)
Overall: 7.4/10

zaetown

Ok...1st off I used to couldn't stand this stuff, but recently I decided to revisit this scent on one condition and that is to go light on the trigger and then it hitme , the chocolate, the patchouli, the hint of fresh green cannibis blended so well with other complimentary notes never smelled so good on me. Needless to say I will be wearing this much more often but going easy on the trigger is the key for me on this frag. Now I'm a fan after a blind buy!

: point taken and lesson learned frm this experience, dnt throw away a potentially good frag after u dnt like it the first time just go lighter on the trigger if its too much and maybe u will find that it was u and not the scent tha reason u probly didnt like it.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This is a scent that will probably seem odd to you at first, but just give it a minutes to mold to your skin.

Upon first spray, it's a little medicinal, but that goes aways immediately. This is not a complex scent at all, but what it does offer smells very good. I have gotten compliments on this one . No, you won't smell like the "green stuff". It has the essence of it , but not quite. You can definitely wear this to work with no problem.

In a nutshell, it has a weird mix of white aspirin in the opening ( somewhat similar to Gucci Rush's opening), but later is dominated mostly by a fresh , somewhat dirty grassy smell with plum, a hint of chocolate, sweetened by Sweet n low :)

Great fragrance and a great price at Sephora!

blauriche
blauriche

To me it's a pleasant chocolate patchouli type scent. I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic. I think it would make really good air freshener. I like it though, for days when I'd like to wear something like A*Men that isn't all screechy.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

If the cannabis note was more pronounced in this, it would be every pothead's dream.

On a side note, don't do drugs. ;)

vanillamoss
vanillamoss

It smells quite Christmas-y to me. It smells kind of like greenery, wreaths and such with a bit of a bitter sweetness, which I believe to be served by the chocolate note. The patchouli note is a little dirty and sweaty at first, but then it gets into a slightly more earthy, foresty fresh smell. I think this scent is very outdoorsy and perfect for either sex.

raw umber
raw umber

Spiced patchouli cocoa brownie. Clean, warm and enveloping. I agree with Sherapop that the patchouli here is chewy. Perfect fall evening perfume, though I did wear it while exploring Chinatown during a humid, overcast summer day and did not feel overwhelmed.

kris919
kris919

I love plum in perfumes, this is a pretty good example.sweet plum, pathchouli, and chocolate...it's a little musky, spicy, and creamy too. projects good, longevity is good, and anyone can wear this, man or woman. This seems to be a hair more on the masculine side, but I can still pull this off.
UPDATE: My little sample had a sweet plum note in it which kept it unisex to me, but my full bottle smells less plummy, and more dirty patchouli/chocolately and masculine-spicey...not sure I'm liking it as much now. well this kinda sucks....

christianne1
christianne1

This is a LOVE and for me this is a 4.5/5 for a patchouli fragrance, pretty darn good. As others have mentioned there isn't an unbearable wait to the dry down to get to nice patchouli. It pretty much comes out of the bottle smelling fantastic. To be honest, I think Fresh's fragrances are highly underrated. I love almost every single thing they put out. Their scents are all true to their brand image as well. You tend to get exactly what you expect from them and for me there are rarely any letdowns or surprises. Cannabis Santal smells almost exactly as I expected it to based on the notes.

This is a wearable patchouli and no worries, it doesn't smell like a big doobie. It may smell a little like people who smoke cannabis because of the patchouli stereotype but that is it. I promise, you will not smell like Snoop Dog.

I think this is marketed as being for men but it is completely unisex in my opinion. Straight down the middle, is fine for either sex. While fans of the Sugar line may find it too masculine, if you like patchouli, sandalwood or warmer fragrances such as those, I would highly recommend this.

Extremely long lasting. I put it on yesterday at around 2pm and it is 8am the next day and I still smell it pretty well.

On a side note, I absolutely love their bottles. They are so tasteful and clean looking. The sprayers always work really well also. For the price, amount, quality and pleasantness of fragrance, I do not think Fresh can be beat. It really is a great value if their fragrances appeal to you. Luckily for me, they do, and I have owned almost every single thing they have ever put out.

lil_odessa
lil_odessa

I get neither cannabis nor sandalwood...but I do get an "Angel" with all the complicated bits cut out. That said, I still like it and wear it when Angel would be just too much.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It went on smelling okay but then, after about a half hour, that patchouli/vetiver/cannabis note (I'm not entirely certain which or all) started to really get on my nerves.

Scrubber!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Blech! I'm starting to think I'm not too fond of chocolate. This is way too overwhelming for me. I thought it would be something I love but I guess not. All I get is a sticky melted chocolate on my skin and a very green patch note sadly nothing else..... Oh well I gave it a try but its not for me. This stuff is super potent and very long lasting this is one you do not want to over spray on accident.

antfarm
antfarm

Spicy-clean marijuana soap. I used to love this, but I passed it onto a friend whose skin chemistry did it more justice.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

i wore this today for the first time in several months and my coworker told me....."OMG what are you wearing today? Sorry but I have to steal this one from you =D You smell soooooooooo good wow" She smelled me from a mile away....this is a projection beast. A hands down winner from the house of Fresh! But be warned.....not everybody can rock this perfume.

s_athena
s_athena

Now this is what I expected from Angel! This smells like Angel from the bottle, but Angel on my skin turns into a really fragrant Christmas tree, with no chocolate at all. Cannabis Santal actually smells more feminine to my nose than Angel does because it has more chocolate in it. It's also much fresher and easier to wear, but like with Angel, don't wear this on a hot day.

Ladies and gentlemen, in support of the statement "gendered fragrances are bulls**t", I present Exhibit A.

Once upon a time, I was insanely in love with a man that reeked of cannabis. He may not have been the healthiest or the most stable of men, but the smell of him was almost intoxicating, and it was indeed a very toxic type of love. When he left me for another woman, my heartbreak led me to a sample of this fragrance, Cannabis Santal.

It smells nothing like him. However Cannabis Santal has a very potent and green patchouli accord, and for that, I love this fragrance more than I ever loved him.

I admit that at times it does smell a little bit like Thierry Mugler's Angel, however it's not really a gourmand. The name Cannabis Santal is actually quite misleading, seeming that cannabis barely features in this composition. I know that hippies back in the 70's used patchouli oil to cover-up the scent of cannabis, so perhaps this scent was what Fresh was attempting to emulate.

Either way, I enjoy wearing this fragrance. It's perfectly unisex, and dare I say, quite sexy. I can't see how anyone could hate the scent of patchouli, although I know there are many haters out there. Some may think that Cannabis Santal smells vile, however for others, like myself, it's the essential Autumn and Winter fragrance.

The heart and drydown is surprisingly vanillary and chocolatey, which blends beautifully with my chemistry. I must admit that it's much more likable than Angel or A*Men. I think you'd probably get more compliments on this cheaper alternative too.

The sillage and longevity are both excellent, and the price has now dropped considerably which makes it a good contender when out shopping for a new fragrance. I highly recommend this perfume. And once again for those that are a bit fearful, no this fragrance won't result in you smelling like a hippie or a stoner.

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

I purchased both Cannabis Santal and HM Hanae Mori as blind buys online. After reading about scents I figured that HM could be my day scent and I could wear Cannabis Santal at night, since they're both supposedly similar.

Now that I've got them both I can say that they definitely are similar with the yummy gourmand notes, but personally HM is more to my taste. Cannabis Santal definitely smells a bit hippieish and earthy, which is fine for some, but not my personal style. It's a bit inscencey, and reminds me of my dad. My dad is a hippie/artist/writer type, always burning inscence and brewing fresh coffee, but he would wear Rochas Man as his signature scent, so the gourmand deliciousness of Rochas mixed with the inscence and that kind of earthy natural home smell is what Cannabis Santal is to me. It's definitely warm, and masculine in a soft and inviting way.

I like HM Hanae Mori better, because it opens with a lovely burst of fresh citrus yummy-ness, then quickly loses the citrus and sits as a delicious gourmand, with fresh florals instead of the earthy hippie smell of Cannabis Santal.

I would recommend both fragrances to people, as they're both good, it just depends on what you like.

EDIT: Totally turned around on this once now. I love it! Not too hippie at all. It's just right!

perfumebox
perfumebox

First of all, forget the name and its associations. This is nothing at all like weed, if you haven't heard by now from other reviewers.

If you like the concept of Thierry Mugler's Angel but wish you could skip the tart, over-ripe fruits and the patchouli-bomb, Cannabis Santal is just the alternative for you to check out.

It still has enough fruit and patchouli in the opening to remind one of the Queen of Gourmand-Orientals, but it soon warms up into a soft, gentle heart of almost-edible rose, and then finally settles into a woody-chocolate base which is NOT at all sticky-sweet. While it shares a similar composition and structure to Angel, Cannabis Santal is almost a parody of it, as an exercise in elegant restraint. The transition between top, heart, and base is also much more defined.

As for the debate about whether this is "masculine" or "feminine", it's such an outdated concept that it's not really worth going into! Really good perfumes can't be type-cast in this way. I love it on myself and I'd love to smell this on a man too.

Baldric
Baldric

So I would argue that this smells like cannabis in living plant form. The green musty, thick smelling stuff, not the dried stuff that you smoke. Before you pass judgement, it's legal here with a doctor's approval and a lot of my young male friends were strangely afflicted with chronic pain, poor dears.

I wore this almost daily for 1-2 years and I have never gotten more compliments from men and women. Friends would try to steal it, men would linger awkwardly close to my neck. It just seemed to have a power over people. I think it is perfectly wearable by both sexes, although a friend once gave me a hug and told me "you smell like a woman should". It feels a bit harsh and heavy to me now, but it was a constant companion to me when it first came out and I will look back on it fondly.

Heverton
Heverton

A great surprise indeed! What a hidden gem. Cannabis Santal despite the name has no cannabis in it. Instead we have a lovely chocolate/patchouli/plum option to the designer Angel Men. Here as a friend said and I quote, we have a green A* men which is much more versatile and easy to the nose. Great silage and longevity in this edp fragrance which is very under the radar. A must try in my opinion.

johngreenink
johngreenink

This was a real surprise for me, Canabis Santal is a really nice-smelling perfume. It's unusually bright, flowery, and definitely has that resinous hemp-scented element that lingers throughout the scent. It's got great silage and longevity. I would agree that it's very sweet, and could be a bit too feminine on some men, but certainly worth the spray. The other scents in this line are very good too, I might add.

What intrigues me the most is the strange combination of elements - orange, chocolate, hemp, rose? Sounds on paper as though it could be a nightmare, but they blend into something greater than the parts. Although this has a freshness to it, it's also just a bit ambery... a slightly oily scent that reminds me of lemon essential oil... citrusy but still thick and gelatinous.

Fresh is definitely striking out into its own territory.

kasurigama
kasurigama

A more spicy and less slaggish version of a*men. Its not available in the uk so i had to blind buy it. At first i was dissapoited as i thought its just a*men but then realised its more comforting and fresh than a*men and a lot less synthetic and sickly.

I should also mention there is no cannabis smell to this at all. There is strong notes of chocolate and rose and you get a lot of vetiver left over at the end of the day.

I initially thought the projection was quite weak but i seemed to get lots of compliments on it. The bottle is also really nice and old fashioned, mines came in a diff bottle to the one pictures.

I thik im going to try rochas man instead of this as its cheaper and easier to get. But if that doesnt suit i will be back to cannabis santal for my cocoa winter fragrance.

walkinroundtown
walkinroundtown

For me, it has a lighter fluid smell with a twist of sugary lemon. I could smell some of the musk, but the dry down didn't mellow it out for me. Some people like it, just not me. Good thing about it though, if you like it, it lasts a couple hours. After I got home, I still smelled it after trying to scrub it off. I'm a woman and I read somewhere that it could work as a unisex fragrance. I don't think so. With a man's body chemisty, I think it could work. I could imagine it actually being a beautiful scent. But with my chemisty, no.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Angel, heck; this is almost a clone of A*men, only much, much sweeter and lacking the coffee note. I would suggest that you try both before you buy either. I personally find A*men far more interesting and sophisticated and I'm not generally a Mugler fan.

Sillage: big, 5-6 feet
Persistence: 4-5 hours
Fabulosity: Big Rock Candy Mountain
Price to value ratio: poor

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

I can't understand the comparisons to Angel. Angel is in my top 3 of "Most Vile Smells EVER".

I adore this scent, but only in passing. I can't wear it myself because it's just too 'warm' and cloying. I prefer light florals, or fruity florals. But this stuff is absolutely delicious when I smell it on others.

It's basically warm, sweet sandalwood and chocolate. I don't smell much patch in this, but I love patch so perhaps I'm just not offended by it.

This stuff is very powerful - one spray is enough, and gives a good amount of sillage.

By the way - why the hell is this marketed as a men's fragrance? This is WAY too sweet and chocolately for men. It smells very feminine to my nose, except for that warm sandalwood accord.

I don't know a lot of guys who'd like to smell like the drydown of ANGEL, so I am rather surprised that Fresh CANNABIS SANTAL is being marketed to men. This fragrance offers rich, thick, chewy and slightly sweet patchouli for most of its life. Although the opening seems very briefly masculine, the patchouli takes over nearly immediately. Even the chocolate brings back memories of ANGEL. And then there is the addictive quality of this composition, which is obviously the explanation for the popularity of ANGEL in spite of its, let us say, "difficult" opening.

CANNABIS SANTAL skips all of the purple goo and moves swiftly to a sweet doughy patchouli drydown with big sillage and remarkable longevity. I definitely recommend this creation to anyone who likes the drydown of ANGEL but cannot bring themselves to suffer through the opening in order to get there. Caveat: this substantial perfume is only for people--whether women or men--who like their fragrance to call attention to themselves.

kezbekistan
kezbekistan

yum yum yum....
Spicy, earthy and not too over-powering.
I agree with asilverfire... it does remind you a little of Angel; maybe the chocolate?
I wouldn't lock this one in as a man's fragrance. In fact, I've yet to smell a 100% man's fragrance.
I'd like to smell it on a warm man, one who's worked up a bit of a nice man sweat (not a beer and smokes B.O. type sweat!).
Fresh healthy man sweat and Cannabis Santal... I think it would smell dead sexy ;-)

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This is so sexy and alluring...spicy and delicious at the same time. Oddly enough, it reminds me of Angel! I think Angel-haters could love this because it has the enticing patchouli-chocolate mix with plum and no burning camphor mess at the beginning. Softer too, not nearly as strong, but it still lasts all day.

slvrlining101
slvrlining101

I bought this scent because it's spicy and sexy, but not too masculine. I wear it all the time - it's so versatile. I've gotten several compliments, although think it would smell even better on a man.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fresh Cannabis Santal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fresh Cannabis Santal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cannabis Santal by Fresh. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cannabis Santal by Fresh represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.