Designers » F-H » Citrus Gourmand « Groups

Sugar Lemon Fresh for women

Sugar Lemon Fresh for women
dislike

caramel

Fresh Sugar Lemon is an exciting scent of fresh sugared lemonade. It opens with notes of bergamot, yuzu and mandarin. The heart consists of lychee, orange blossom and ginger blossom at the base of oak moss, caramel, and sandalwood. Available as 100 ml EDP. Sugar Lemon was launched during the 2000's.

Mandarin Orange Yuzu Lemon

Talauma Piai

Sugar Lemon Fragrance Reviews

leenersss
leenersss

I love the smell of this perfume!

Initially this smelled like fresh made lemonade. In about one hour or so, this becomes a bit sweeter, like the smell of seven up. I fell in love with it!

angellama
angellama

Shall I be the umpteenth person to say "this smells like cleaner"? Unfortunately, that is the case. Now, sometimes that can be okay - I am one of those odd folks who loves the smell of Windex, for example. But this is not one of those oddities, it is most definitely the kind that makes me ill and makes my eyes water. At first spritz it is a very sharp lemon (this is when the tears begin). It is less sharp on the dry-down, but still unbearable. On a positive note, this is a fragrance that made me realize what a difficult note lemon is for me to wear. I have, since that time, noticed that I loathe nearly all lemon fragrances. So Fresh had an uphill battle to start with.

dianacreole
dianacreole

This is a LOVE for me. I love the slap in the face opening blast of lemon. I agree it does smell a lot like cleaner but that's what I enjoy about it. I am also a giant fan of the CLEAN line. I think it's safe to say if one enjoys CLEAN they will also enjoy FRESH.

That said, It's not a fragrance I'd actually wear. I prefer to spray it or just smell it be it on clothes or just in the air. It's a refreshing clean treat.

This is my favourite of the Fresh line.

Alisha76
Alisha76

I both love and slightly dislike this perfume. The lemon is so punchy and a little sour and exciting! I enjoy the moss and ginger along with it. It is does make me think of a sophisticated lemon candy, not as sweet. It is generally a crowd pleaser.

What seems off to me is that the opening is SO STRONG, and I'm waiting for the blast to calm down.. but it stays a little too obnoxious and not quite believable, and then before you know it, it has faded to nothing. It almost skips the middle, which is where I enjoy this scent most.

beautyhustler
beautyhustler

An amazing aromatic. I get a zesty ginger no caramel. One of my favorites.

Jurkovic
Jurkovic

This has a very similar smell to the Caipirinha (Brazilian liquor), very much.

A very strong smell of natural lemon looks like someone is squeezing his hand.
Soon after the caramel begins to appear and sweetening the fragrance.

Overall it's a delicious fragrance, but do not think that fits very hot days, to be sweet!

teadrinker
teadrinker

I was disappointed with this fragrance. I had the cleaning fluid reaction that others did- when I wear this it smells as if I've been cleaning my house, and not in a good way. The other fresh sugar scents tend to have really distinct notes (the sugar plus whatever), but this just smelled like sweet fakey lemon, and it was so, so strong. I wanted to love this. I usually adore citrus scents, but this one just did not smell good on me. I did find that after an hour or two of wear the scent finally softened, but it took some significant time. I couldn't stand the cleaner smell it took to get to that stage. The one plus about this fragrance is that it seems to last longer than other fresh scents, which are notoriously short-lived.

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

fresh and nice for morning and after shower

EastCoastRose
EastCoastRose

I bought this blind and to be honest there really is a shade of floor cleaner smell, but only at first, right when I spray it. The dry down is sweet and very pretty on me, one of those that I keep wanting to sniff my wrist. It lasts much longer than I expected, at least 4 hours which is a long time for a light clean type of fragrance.
Because I wanted to like it, and yet had a problem with the floor cleaner smell, I started layering it with Victoria Secret Lemon Escape and that makes it perfect for me. Cuts the harshness with the coconut and sweet lemon Escape and it smells pretty for hours.
I think you could get creative with layering this to soften that harsh aspect to it.

raw umber
raw umber

So it's basically like the worst practical joke in history that the Fresh company makes a bunch of sweet lemon scents that all have similar names and are basically impossible to tell apart, except that some smell gorgeous, while others make me want to boot.

I have spent a great deal of time comparing all of these, and here are my conclusions. All smell like sweet lemon, except:

-FRESH SUGAR: smells okay, sort of soft and creamy but with an artificial bitter element.

-Fresh SUGAR LEMON: Bitter as hell... DO NOT go for this one because it smells like floor cleaner.

-Fresh BROWN SUGAR: the unquestionable nicest and best of the three, lemon and sugar done right, all natural like organic sparkling lemonade... so perfect you could drink it.

There you have it. Insane to believe all three of these come from the same company, but they do. Fresh doesn't suck, they are just crazy inconsistent across their line. Fresh Sugar Lychee is also very nice, but Fresh Life I could definitely do without.

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

The beauty to me of perfume, is that there are so many to choose from- you are bound to find some you love, some you hate, and some where you can't decide how you feel about it all the time.

Not every fragrance is going to appeal to the mass majority, and unfortunately it seems that, like many of the more synthetic smelling CLEAN fragrances, Sugar Lemon by Fresh is widely misunderstood.

In my opinion, it takes an educated nose to appreciate this one, as the singular notes are very difficult to pick out.

I avoid wearing this fragrance in the company of others, as there are a lot of people who are sensitive to it.

I understand why many people do not enjoy this fragrance, which is also I believe the same reason many people dislike the CLEAN fragrances that I like as well.

The reason is that the perfume smells nothing like perfume.

It does not sit on you like a second skin, it does not bring out your own scent, it does not make you sexier and it does not make you more confident.

Despite all this, I am still a fan.

I am uber partial to just about any kind of 'clean, soapy, even detergenty' smelling fragrances.

This type of fragrance is for the small niche of fragrance lovers who like a perfume that smells like a cleaning product.

Sounds gross to many yes, but for the few of us that long to imagine a neatly stacked pile of freshly washed towels, a shiny, disinfected kitchen floor or a just-wiped bathroom mirror, this perfume nails it.

Certainly not for everyone, and certainly not for everyday, this sharp perfume is certainly synthetic smelling and unusual.

I am surprised that there is no Citron listed as an ingredient, as this perfume is almost entirely a linear, bitter lemon smell, similar to Citron.

I agree it is similar to a Mr. Clean Lemon Scented multi-purpose cleaner, which makes it very sharp, and high pitched.

Despite personally having quite a collection of soapy, clean, synthetic type fragrances, this one stands alone, and is for the rare occasion where the day is just too long and hot, and my fan is not doing it's job.

The smell of detergent or cleaner can have a subconscious effect, that leaves you feeling milder and less sweat-ridden than you may infact already be.

The piercing nature of this perfume is also great as a hangover pick me up, I must say.

Almost like a slap in the face!

Anyways, although I am a fan of this fragrance, I would never mislead my review into describing it as a substantial fragrance of any kind, and just about the worst blind buy you could ever make.

This one is DEFINITELY love or hate, and it seems that I may be one of a handful on the love side.

I would not be surprised if this was discontinued due to it's lack in popularity, I just hope they keep making their Sugar Lemon Bath Cubes, that was what got me hooked on this scent in the first place (I am crazy about the Sugar Lemon soap bar as well)

sunkissedcoral
sunkissedcoral

YUCK. It smells like lemon floor cleaner. And it WON'T go away. I need a shower after spraying it on my wrist!

happygeisha
happygeisha

this scent gives me the worst headaches imaginable. i received it as a sample and the moment i sniffed it, i recoiled.

it literally smells like what restaurants put in their toilet bowls to keep them smelling clean. its a synthetic lemon (i guess?) and sugary blast of pure HATE. and me being the frugal gal that i am, decided to pour in over my vacuum filter in order to perhaps scent the home while i cleaned.

WORST. IDEA. EVER.

i had to open every window and try to air the place out. i have no idea wtf FRESH was thinking putting this out on the market. it reminds me of those home scents that just overwhelm your senses and make you nauseous. nest amazon lily is in the same category. just NO. no no no. users beware.

Damag
Damag

I really like the bottle, the scent however is very synthetic, smells like clorox wipes (the lemon kind) mixed with lemon pledge and a cheap citrus air freshener:/ yikes! Is what I thought when I sprayed it on my arm. I respect those who love or like this but for me it was a definite scrubber!
I will be using it as a bathroom freshener lol

I refrigerate this and wear it in hot humid weather like we're having now and it's very refreshing. a bit synthetic when first sprayed, but as it dries down it smells like sharp lemons. the scent reminds me somewhat of lemon skins and then you get a touch of sweetness at the end. this lasts a little over 3 hours on me and I like it for summer day wear.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Synthetic lemon. The first burst slaps you in the face. Was really glad when it wore off.

mammacat57
mammacat57

Cheerful and energizing, smells like lemon candy and makes me feel good. Light and not overpowering, not the longest lasting though. It is really nice if you combine both Sugar Lemon and Fresh's Brown Sugar!

suzrwin
suzrwin

I'm a citrus lover, but this scent is Lemon Pledge heaped with sugar. Truly one of the nastiest scents out there. yuck.

antfarm
antfarm

This smells like a pampered, pretty housewife in a daytime television commercial--heavenly creamy lotion mixed with a whiff of lemon-scented cleaning products.

luna47
luna47

this used to smell phenomenal on me and it still smells great on my mother and one of her best friends. however, after trying it recently after not using it for a few months, i was crushed- it smelled truly awful. my mom sprayed some from the same bottle on herself and it was lovely. i think my hormones have just gone through a change and i can no longer wear it. however, when it still worked on my skin, it was one of my favorites.

scentasaurus
scentasaurus

Wearing this every year from around early May to early September....my go-to frag every year at that time....never ever disappoints, great chemistry on my skin and get complements EVERY time I wear it....its like just that little extra "something" when you want to smell great but NOT smell like you are wearing perfume....light enough for day use, but also dimensional and interesting enough for use as a nighttime frag, especially in really hot weather

(think of a 104 degree day at Hamilton Pool in Austin, Texas....which is exactly where I live lol)

BTW- When a little extra OOPMH needed during that time of year, I go to PLJ Juicy Coture...seems a bit of an amped-up Sugar Lemon on me :)

Hello?!?! Lemonheads candy in a bottle. What's not to love?

horangi113
horangi113

I have an older bottle of this that has Lemon over the Sugar on the bottle, versus the more current Sugar Lemon that is out now, so I'm not sure if any changes have been made between this incarnation of the scent that I own and what is on shelves now, so please keep that in mind...

In the bottle, this smells like an absolutely deliciously lemony sweet tea. I can see why some would say this smells like lemon cleaner upon initial spray - the opening notes are somewhat harsh, but for me it is so brief, and dries down to the sweet lemon tea smell very quickly, that I don't mind it at all. The scent then stays true to the scent that I smell in the bottle - icy lemony tea. On my sister, this was not the case, and the harsher 'Pledge' furniture polish lingered. Obviously, she was not a fan, but I love how this works with my body chemistry.

Bottle design is very minimal, somewhat pharmaceutically retro, like all Fresh product packaging. Pretty and simple. I prefer the frosted glass bottle of the version that I have, but it is not that different from the newer version.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

This is really harsh when first sprayed and reminds of Lemon Pledge, nothing sweet or "sugary" about it at all. I actually kinda like this stage as I'm a lover of cleaning product smells also. This morphs pretty quickly into a citrus with a slight sweet twist, exactly like lemonhead candy as stated by another review. This isn't something I'm in the mood for often however it was nice to have this summer and was a nice 'pick me up' scent when I was super exhausted today.

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

I agree 100% with sweetiepea's review on this one. No lemons...just bad floor cleaner. Gack! Pure horror. If you're looking for a delicious lemonade scent (sans Pinesol floor cleaner), check out Farmacia SS Perla. Sweet lemonade with a brush of sugary powder to soften it.

LesleyA
LesleyA

I did the quickest drive-by sniff yesterday, leaving Neimans, and Clean by Clean was the first thought that popped in my mind. I think they both share a bracing, zingy, sugary lemon-pine scent. Love! Wakes me right up! :)

Aspendina
Aspendina

very disappointed with this it smells like a soft version of lemon pinesol. I would not do anything with this except maybe add it to my bucket of water and mop my floors with it.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This is straight lemon floor cleaner mixed with pure lemon juice! Yuck! It made me cringe. You know when you taste a lemon and your mouth puckers? If your nose could do the same thing, then that's what this would do to it. I LOVE lemon scents and citrus anything, but this is way over the top and just nasty. It's like lemonade but they forgot to add the sugar!

Ditto25
Ditto25

This smells like lemonade. It is very citrus and sweet. The sugary scent is there but is balanced with the lemon. I like it. It's a great everyday scent.

username101
username101

This is definetely for citrus lovers. If you don't like citrus you may not like it. This can be overtly citrussy, and I like it because of it. To me it smells like lemon candy.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

For the 1 hour that I could smell it, it was delicious. But by the time I let it dry for comparison with other scents, it was all gone.

It made me very happy when I smelled it initially.

2whit2quit
2whit2quit

This is my mom's signature scent! I've smelled it on many people and it smells different on each. But on my mom..you'd swear it was made especially for her. It is so refreshing. I'm a musk wearer, so to smell this contrasting fragrance is just delightful to the senses:)

buddha-bar
buddha-bar

It is one of my favorite perfumes. Everybody asks me what is the name of my perfume. My boyfriend can't stop to sniff my neck hihi

RAYHANAH
RAYHANAH

lemons , lemons and more lemons.....very refreshing smell.

tracysakon
tracysakon

You have to like the scent of lemons to appreciate this scent. People who think that this scent smells like air freshener probably just don't like the scent of lemon. This is the perfect fragrance for the hottest of hot days. Whenever the temperature is 90+ I end of reaching for this fragrance. It might be interesting to throw it in the refrigerator to make it even more refreshing!

rainydays
rainydays

I do love the smell of fresh lemon, but the "sugar" aspect of this is missing entirely. It's so sharp, so sour! Like a household cleaner. I wish there was something in the composition to soften it up, but no such luck. Fresh Brown Sugar was what I expected/wanted this to smell like. Thankfully I tried that one as well and liked it!

Fresh SUGAR LEMON smells just like homemade lemonade initially: very fresh and lemony, with just a touch of zest oil lingering in the air, and very potent and tart, the way lemonade should be! I'm one of those picky people who will not accept sweet or dilute lemonade. I'll drink it, if there happen to be bowls of sliced lemon wedges available so that it can be transformed it into what lemonade really should be. Otherwise, I'd rather pass. In fact, I'd rather drink straight-up lemon water than dilute or too sweet lemonade. I feel the same way about fried oysters and clams: they must, must, must be saturated with freshly squeezed lemon juice before I'll put the fork to mouth! But I digress...

SUGAR LEMON morphs swiftly into an intermediary Lemon Pledge-meets-lemonade stage, which happily is fleeting. The fragrance then proceeds to dry down to a pleasing, resinous citrus with a touch of vetiver and now veering slightly toward the grapefruit side. All in all, a worthwhile citrus journey! Probably not something that I'd ever wear during cold weather, but I'll have no problem using up my 30ml this summer! A propos: my only real criticism is that this edp has not-so-great lasting power... 5.04.11

orchidlover
orchidlover

It was so strange for me at first sniffing, because it reminded me of the lemon scented scrubber cream, which is so popular in my country, so I thought at first: is this a perfume? no, not at all.
I can't detect any sugary smelling unfortunately. how can people wear it?
But after a while it is changed a bit on my skin, and became a more pleasant fragrance, but still has a strange feeling. who knows, maybe i'll like it after some retesting.
It can be unisex IMO this perfume.
Thank you so much for the sample to that angel who sent it to me :D

Tiktak
Tiktak

Nothing says Summer to me like lemons. My Nana made the best lemonade for me and my sister when we stayed at her house in the Summer. This scent always takes me back to those wonderful memories. It is so refreshing on the most humid days, it lingers without becoming stale or overbearing to those around you. A real smile maker:)

Sugar Lemon by Fresh 3.66 out of 5 based on 135 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fresh Sugar Lemon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fresh Sugar Lemon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sugar Lemon by Fresh. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sugar Lemon by Fresh represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.