Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Delicious Gale Hayman for women

Delicious Gale Hayman for women
dislike

yellow floral

Delicious by Gale Hayman is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Delicious was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Rene Morgenthaler. Top notes are mimosa, mandarin orange, blackcurrant syrup, boronia, neroli and narcissus; middle notes are tuberose, angelica, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, musk and orris root.

Mimosa Mandarin Orange Blackcurrant Syrup Boronia Neroli Narcissus

Tuberose Angelica Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Orris Root

Shu Uemura

Delicious Fragrance Reviews

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

This perfume reminds me of Chloe Narcissus. But I feel like this perfume is more mellowed out by the base notes. Even with that said, this perfume is all daffodil, mimosa, and tuberose. Those are the standouts in this perfume. I do enjoy this fragrance a lot and prefer it on cold, rainy days.

Strange_Alchemy
Strange_Alchemy

It's my mother's signature perfume.

That being said, on her it is everything *but* old. It's soft, feminine...very comforting, and not cheap smelling in the least- and I have ripped a bottle of the dreadful stink that is Madonna's Truth or Dare, or Mugler's Alien from her hands and thrown it far, far away. It smells like Amouage or Keiko Mecheri could've concocted it on a casual day.

Anyway, I might use it myself if it wasn't inextricably hers.

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

There's a great love for a never-ending sea of fragrances which are quality and affordable. Makes no need to over-spend on new releases (which I do sometimes.) or high end (which I do sometimes.) However, there is a requirement. You need to be free of certain notions like 'dated' when seeking out the bigger picture of perfumery. To me, that is a mindset more than factual reality. Do you smell good or not? Is that fragrance a match for you? Those seem to be the real questions; not how old is it? However, some aren't going to be happy wearing a past trend. 1994 was the year of Delicious. This fume has all those trending notes and accords of that time. Fortunately for me, my preference is the 80's perfumes .. extending out about a decade in either direction. 1994 is right about the edge of that perfumed time period. Of course, Delicious delivers the goods. It is a true oriental floral that delivers what you would expect. Therefore, not even bothering to review the notes. Like today's trend of fruity floral, it can easily be generalized and even dismissed. For Delicious, 22 years later you have to know yourself in order for it to work its magic. Lately I've been focusing on Jennifer Lopez fumes and just ordered Intimate Fantasy by Britney Spears which isn't even a year old. There are no borders drawn between them and Delicious on my table. Or Dune by Dior for that matter. They are all fragrance and I love them all.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

I love this perfume, I am very surprised to see the negative reviews for it.
It really is delicious, floral, rich, long lasting, sexy, very good for the price too.
I wonder if some people are smelling a sample which had been previously opened some time before and it had 'gone off'?
I find it wonderful, expensive smelling, and youthful.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

Stale, screechy soap is all I got from this. I bought a tiny sample bottle for a couple bucks because I was curious (the bottle is cute with the cat haha). This is not delicious at all!

Kohla1
Kohla1

I accidentally bought this thinking it was the Cotton Candy one and opened the box to get a hurricane of old smelling perfume. I do not like this at all and luckily they let me return it since it was leaking.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is a very interesting fragrance - I got a sample vial with a perfume order about a decade ago and remember loving it and have always meant to find a full bottle but never come across it until I found a cheap 100ml bottle of this on an online beauty website. This is quite a complex scent - it's like a marriage of Coty Airspun face powder and dry yellow floral notes on me every so often I get a whiff of Nivea Creme, then the Airspun then I get a round of 'omg something smells so nice is it me?' but if I actually sniff myself where I applied the fragrance I cannot smell it it - it seems to meld into my skin like a skin scent but carries a trail of scent around me. It reminds me a bit of Classique (with a tart sweet desserty note crossed with some sort of metallic note), a bit of Mackie (yellow floral and slightly old smelling syrupy fruit) and a touch of Valentino Vendetta which comes and goes I wish the boronia was more apparent as I love boronia, I get a little mimosa, something that smells a bit like ribena (perhaps the blackcurrant syrup) and I definitely get a tart sort of herbal green note in there that definitely smells like candied Angelica - like the type that would come in expensive candied fruit mixes for adding to fruit cakes. Not in love with it yet but it definitely works as a nice sensual skin scent for the daytime on me - especially since it seems to mix well with Nivea cream which is a staple for me - definitley not a young girls scent by any means! Hmm this is too cloying for me - definitely doesn't smell like the one I had many years ago perhaps it has been reformulated? This has been rehomed.

eirenelisa

Hmm, I got my mini splash today and it is not how I remember. Smells very soapy and aldehydic, not the yummy spicy full floral I remember. Maybe someone is selling their mother's old collection and didn't realize mom had filled the bottle up with something else? Because the perfume in the bottle smells soo familiar,like something I would have sold at the perfume counter in the late 90's, but it does not smell like my memory of 'Delicious'.

My memory may be off or the perfume is off-I did try to get an old old because I didn't want a reformulated one. Or maybe I remembered the name wrong. Maybe it was 'So Delicious' that came with Gale Hayman's book?? Does anyone remember? Oh well, at least the mini was cheap.

I mentioned to my husband that I might try to get another 'Delicious' bottle somewhere, to try to find the scent I remember in my head. He said he didn't want anything that smells even remotely like this little mini in the house. Made me laugh because I don't think this smells bad,even if it doesn't smell right. He is never into florals much, but he hates this even more than my Carolina Herrera. So here it goes, up on my decoration shelf.

eirenelisa

I love "Delicious", although I'm never sure why it is labeled in quotes. Is that to make sure we don't eat it? I had a mini back in the 90's that came with Gale's book about fashion. It is spicy with full floral nectar, a decadent perfume. Today I was trying to decide between buying a dusty mini or a cheap fresh big bottle. I'm thankful to Talia who addressed reformulation in her review. Now I know to buy the mini.

sultaria
sultaria

I just bought a gift set of this. I really enjoy this yellow floral. I like the perfume, but am especially fond of the shower gel and lotion. This is a great scent to wear to sleep. It's very comforting and sweet. The longevity and silage are great, much better than my other GH fragrances. It is strong and you just need one spray for it to last all day. This isn't my favorite of the series, but it's still quite good and I love collecting them for the cute cat bottles. Others on here commented and said it smells cheap. I have to disagree. To me this actually smells a lot better and less noxious than most of the high end yellow florals I've sampled. Then again, it's one of those you either love or hate. I find it fresh, sweet, and not offensive (assuming you don't over-spray). Reminds me of flowers I used to pick as a child.

skitten
skitten

Bought this as a blind buy, as I own 2 other Gale Hayman frags, which I adore. This one is not my cup of tea at all. Very floral, strong and very 80's retro style. Is classified as an oriental floral?? Should be classified as oldiental maxifloral. Is like sniffing 500 daffodils (Narcissus) all at once and not being able to escape it. I wonder how the bees cope? Is potent stuff. I can taste it now after trying to re-sniff it, incase it got better. To no avail. Have to wash it off, my nose is disturbed and my taste buds will need a toothpaste scrub. However, I am sure it is right up some people's alleys.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Very stronger!!!!

WOW!!!

Talia
Talia

I remembered it as an elegant, bright and expensive one, but it was a miniature and long time ago. Now it is reformulated I suppose - cheep ingredients or lost original receipt. An annoying note added, the same note you can discover in many new versions of old perfumes, like artificial patina,( in Madame Rochas, Rumba, Lulu, even in Dioressence),
The color of the liquid is much more intensive now. The power is really frightening.
I will keep it anyway.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is a typical 80'/90's scent. A powerhouse. Back when it came out, I was gifted a miniature in a Christmas gift exchange where I worked. I fell in love instantly and treasured that tiny miniature. I would get it out and dab a little bit on every night until the cap broke, then I was heart-broken. I looked everywhere, but could never find a full bottle.

After discovering that I have a love for Angelica, I was not surprised to see it listed as the strongest note. She is very bold...not for the faint-hearted. But I loved this powder bomb then, and I love it now. Sweet, feminine, Powdery, makeup-y. It reminded me in a way of Lou Lou. Delicious.
Vintage-y old movie-siren style.

Scylla
Scylla

I bought this perfume unsniffed and unfortunately it just not work with my chemistry. All I smell is really loud jasmine and ylang ylang. Also, as others have said, a little bit goes a long way!

gazelle
gazelle

I bought this one recently because I wanted to single out BORONIA. Well, forget it. I can smell a bit of mimosa which I hope is the same as MIMOSE. But after that, the flowers blend into a bouquet. Not bad for the dollars I invested. Will save it for spring and summer evenings. Can anyone really smell boronia?

mhubbard
mhubbard

Dated is the word. A toned-down, less interesting version of Chantilly,if you can imagine such a thing. Opens fairly well, but then the dry down disappears and what is there is vaguely unpleasant. Ridiculously cheap for a reason.

SusanNJ74
SusanNJ74

I originally received a sample vial of this perfume after buying another perfume. I decided to try it, and to my surprise, I was getting compliments everywhere I went. I loved the scent, myself, but after receiving so many compliments on it (from friends, as well as strangers), I had to go out and buy myself a bottle. It became my signature scent back in college.

definitely a blast from the past, but i'm liking it. it's reminding me of halston original. a little goes a long way. definitly soapy and strong. also on the idea of jontue. great for cool weather. the dry down is really lovely. bunches of sandalwood and musky flowers. not for everyone, but knowing and using 80's perfumes, it's fine by me. lasts over 5 hrs on me.
oh, and one more thing. i love the gale hayman delicous line and i do love the bottles thats why i own all of them.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

If you can get past the initial syrupy sweet blast, it settles into a soapy,rosy, sandalwood that I find similar to the scent of sandalwood incense sticks when you smell them in the box, not when they are lit. Imagine that amplified and sweeter.

If used VERY sparingly, it can be delightful-really, just a drop or two so you have to turn your head to smell it. If you are aware of it all the time, you have used too much and it becomes suffocating for you and those around you. Truly, less is more!

I have to say something about the bottle- frosted leopard? Really? SO eighties! I fell like it belongs on a Formica dresser next to a vase filled with feathers and giant pods.

I've never encountered a fragrance with such a dual personality. I almost feel like I'm reviewing two different perfumes. When I first applied this, it was truly horrible. Imagine bug spray, wet rags, turpentine, rotting wood, and any other toxic substance you can think of, all mixed up together. I'm not sure what notes are causing this reaction on my skin, but I regretted this as soon as I put it on. Just before I scrubbed it, I noticed it started to mellow. I decided to wait and give it a chance to settle. Within about 20 minutes, it softened into a warm, sweet spicy, woody scent. What a surprise. It's actually quite nice if you can get past the initial toxicity. I can see how some reviewers love it and others hate it. If I ever wanted to wear this, I'd have to apply it well in advance of leaving the house, leave the windows open to air out the initial fumes, and learn to tolerate the top notes till they subside. But then, I don't think I'd want to go through that process when there are so many fragrances that smell great from the beginning.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Ok...bought this one by mistake. I bought two perfumes that day and didn't realize that the sales lady sold me the wrong Delicious bottle. (I wanted Delicious Chocolate)...I got home and though what the heck and opened it instead of returning it.
OK, I agree with LaLaPop75... flashback to the 80's instead of the 90's when this one launched. It's not bad, but strong and dated. At first, it hits you in the face with a very strong spicy smell. Wait....it leaves an elegant, spicy retro smell.
EDIT: Couldn't stand the oh so strong, dated initial spray smell....sold it on Ebay. Next...

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

It smells like 1981...even though it came out in 1994. Initially, very dated smelling....eventually dries down to be much softer and sweeter.

[email protected]
New@thisperfumething

This fragrance reminds me of Sunday morning flowers and church with the initial spray. Once it calms down it starts to become sweet and skanky. This fume is all over the place on me. Though I won't purchase again, I like it because it's unpredictable.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

Super-powerful & spicy, just a tiny dab will waft all around you & last forever.

This perfume is the closest I've found that matches the spicy scent of the air in Grenada, the spice island of the Caribbean.

Delicious is not the right name for it & it will be overwhelming if you spray too much (seriously just a drop or dab is all you need).

romrom
romrom

wow!!! this one takes me back to my freshman year in high school. I really I got this as a gift and really loved it , ( the bottle is cute too.
I have a full bottle left because I dont use it anymore I just smell it from time to time when i want to think about long lost friends

DriHonne
DriHonne

I got a bottle of this perfume and I did not like it att all. It was too powdry, spicy and overwhelming. Just kept it because the bottle was really cute. Then a few years late a fried of mine got it as a gift and finished it a few weeks later.

kylexora
kylexora

One word, outdated! the smell really remind you of early 90's... even there is some early 90's perfume that I adore until today, but this one should only be wear on early 90's. After that, they should be discontinue!! If you need to dress up in early 90's outfit, this will give you the mood. I wont wear it, it give me headache and dizzy, plus noxious too..

guest_ggr
guest_ggr

Es un perfume delicioso para mayores de 30 años para usarse en otoño-invierno es agradable para los que estan a tu alrededor deja un agradable aroma al pasar y es un perfume que pocas usan, este perfume tiene un aroma sofisticado, elegante, refinado y no faltara quien te pregunte que perfume usas.

blaqueskimo
blaqueskimo

For an inexpensive line these smell great! I have actually had women stop me stating I smelled delicious and ask me what I was wearing and I told them "Delicious"! LOL

Bouquet
Bouquet

I got SO MANY compliments from men when I wore this one back in the day!

Delicious by Gale Hayman 3.28 out of 5 based on 139 ratings and 31 user reviews

Gale Hayman Delicious eau de toilette for women 3.3 oz
Gale Hayman Delicious eau de toilette for women 3.3 oz
Delicious by Gale Hayman EDT Spray 3.3 oz for Women
Delicious by Gale Hayman EDT Spray 3.3 oz for Women
Delicious Perfume by Gale Hayman, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging for Women
Delicious by Gale Hayman EDT Spray 3.3 oz Body Lotion 3.3 oz Shower Gel 3.3 oz for Women
Delicious Chocolat Perfume by Gale Hayman, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gift Set 3.3oz
Delicious Gift Set by Gale Hayman Gift Set for Women Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz Body Lotion 3.3 oz Body Wash

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gale Hayman Delicious fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gale Hayman Delicious, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Delicious by Gale Hayman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Delicious by Gale Hayman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.