Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Delicious Chocolate Gale Hayman for women

Delicious Chocolate Gale Hayman for women
dislike

cacao

Delicious Chocolate is a tempting and tasteful fragrance launched in 2007 by Gale Hayman. Its delicious composition contains a mixture of fresh ozone notes, citruses and fruits such as bergamot, lemongrass, plum and peach, flowers like jasmine and rose, then dark chocolate, vanilla, amber, precious woods and musk.

it is available as 100 ml EDT.

Bergamot Plum Peach Jasmine tincture of rose Mexican chocolate Vanille Amber Woodsy Notes Musk

Mat Chocolat

Delicious Chocolate Fragrance Reviews

matillyrose
matillyrose

Firstly let me celebrate the fact that I didn't get a stinky lid woo hoo!!

Delicious Chocolate opens up with this glorious boozy Chocolate Irish Baileys and as quickly as a downed shot glass it's gone.....

What I am left with is Chocolate milk with maybe a little bit too much syrup and a touch of musk.

Can't smell any other notes and it doesn't last very long.

Think I'd rather the Baileys.

polly golightly
polly golightly

non avevo nessuna aspettativa nei confronti di questo profumino economico, anzi credevo si trattassse di un accordo strasentito di cioccolato e nulla più. mi sbagliavo. ovviamente non mi sono imbattuta in un capolavoro ma in un dignitosissimo bouquet fatto di cioccolato amaro dai toni legnosi, sorretto da qualche nota muschiata. l'evoluzione si assesta su una lieve ambra di tutto rispetto. è moderatamente persistente ma non stucchevole. gradevole.

Snicole82
Snicole82

Received a little sample of this in a swamp (Thanks Covergirl!).

I think it is quite interesting. Does not really smell of chocolate to me, but clean.

I do smell wood, but hardly any chocolate unfortunately.

fire2heart
fire2heart

Found this again after being stored away for a few years from moving. It's as I remember.... faint chocolate scent, slightly musky, then nothing. It would be really wonderful IF it had staying power. Oh, and the spout that connects to the spray nossel inside fell off so I have to hold it upsidedown to spray it, lol.... LAME!

odie
odie

There I was prepared to buy this at the perfume counter, but on me I smelled a whiff of dark chocolate note, then a bitter after smell enmeshed with alcohol. Sorry, I didn't get the amber or musk notes or vanilla, it was just a chocolate bang, then a question mark.

projectalice345
projectalice345

I blind bought this online today, based on the notes. I dont know chocolovers so i dont have anything to compare it to. Its by far the most affordable chocolate scent out there at the moment.

update : i just got my bottle in the mail and I was so excited, i tore through the packaging and spritzed away....! Only to discover.......there is like NO chocolate on me.

I cant for the life of me smell anything but a faint muskyness. Not a bad smell, but not much of a smell at all. How weird. Maybe i will try it again later. I don't smell chocolate or anything really.

day 2: smelled chocolate for like 5 mins.....now still smells like sort of sharp medicinal something. weird. Seems hard to get chocolate to show itself in any perfumes for me.

Should not be called chocolate anything. But then again everyone else on here raves about the chocolate so i guess we are all different. Good thing it wasnt expensive. probably not going to wear it again.

BaileyLlama
BaileyLlama

I blind-bought this online, thinking it'd be right up my alley since BBW Chocolate Amber was my signature scent before it was discontinued. I really, really wanted to love this, but on my skin it just smells sickly sweet, almost vomit-inducing. Layered with another fragrance to give it depth (maybe Calvin Klein Obsession?), Delicious Chocolat could be wonderful, but as is it is pretty unwearable.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smelled medicinal, cheap NO lasting power I DO NOT recommend smelled absolutely no chocolate on my skin from the bottle it smells like the box of chocolate covered cherries but no chocolate on the skin.

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

Very chocolate. Nice, but without the complexity that Chocolovers has. Chocolovers has depth to it, this one doesn't. I like it a lot...but has NO staying power AT ALL.

slcallen9
slcallen9

This was a very musky chocolate scent on me. Not too sweet, not for me.

It's really smelling a bit like Chocolovers or Expeau². In the end it's quite nice, also "delicious". You can get the chocolate from it - but its' a cheaper chocolate scent and that's what you get: easy chocolate notes that mix a bit with fruits and flowers and fade away quickly. No staying power.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

This is not an overly sweet chocolate fragrance, it is smooth and dusky. There is a strong presence of cacoa powder instead of syrupy processed chocolate. This fragrance wears well all year long, but I especially like it fall and winter. It reminds me of a cup of hot homemade coco. I think it is a scruptuous chocolate fragrance. If you are looking for something a bit sweeter, Comptoir Sud Pacifique and Aquolina has wonderful chocolate fragrances as well. Also, Fairytales by Guiness has a great subtle chocolate aroma.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Really not very sweet, this is a lovely woody scent dusted with cocoa powder. There's a bit of soft amber in there too, but this is mostly wood and chocolate on my skin. Something about it reminds me slightly of Armani Mania in the way that it wears. Typically I discover this scent now that it's been discotinued! Very nice indeed, not half as gourmand as the name would suggest.

peeachediva
peeachediva

As of today Sept 25 2012, PERFUMANIA migh still be having a sale on it. I bought a bottle for about ELEVEN DOLLARS. I'm really dissappointed. The chocolate fades pretty much right away on me. Then there is some other scent there which seems to be the same as the "Delicious' scent. I don't like the basic 'Delicious' scent, but the DELICIOUS COTTON CANDY scent is a different animal altogether. As the CHOCOLATE fades, however, there is a nice sweet woody smell. I don't know. I think I'll have a love/hate relationship with the DELICIOUS chocolate. We'll See. Definitely a FALL scent, though.

nazza28
nazza28

The first time I bought this over 2 years ago I HATED IT because I thought it smelled just like men's cologne!! I threw the box into a drawer never to be looked at again... until recently... And why did I choose to take it out and dust it off for one last try?

Well in the meantime I have purchased Chocolovers and Molinard's Fleur de Chocolat (and some Serendipitous is on it's way to me!) both of which I really LOVE so I thought seeing as this is SUPPOSED to be a "delicious chocolate" fragrance I will give it one last whirl before I swap/sell/give it away..

Sprayed once on my wrist. First thoughts were a blast of rich dark chocolate, and I really loved that bit.. fast forward a few minutes and there's a "peppery plasticky" kind of note that slightly tingles my nose, not completely off-putting but not exactly enticing me either.. A few minutes later the pepper/spicy notes are still there along with some soft plum/fruit notes but I really have to press my nose against my skin to smell them. 15 mins in I can smell a bit of the amber and peppery fruity notes but I really can't smell ANY of the divine chocolate from earlier :( BOOOO!

All in all it doesn't absolutely disgust me like it did previously, BUT it doesn't give me the urge to keep smelling myself like Chocolovers does!!
Well I guess the search continues for more chocolate fragrances...

Malibu
Malibu

I'm surprised by how much I like this, I was expecting something overly sweet, but DELICIOUS CHOCOLAT is the perfect balance between feminine and masculine, so doesn't lean in any direction too much.

The chocolate note is prominent, but it is rich and clearly dark, so it isn't milky and sweet. The juicy, softer plum and peach notes blend closely with the lemon notes, again minimizing the sweetness of the notes down.

If I have any complaint, it is how the heart and base of the fragrance in fairly linear; the florals aren't strong enough to stand out. Once the woodsy notes develop and mix with fruits and chocolate, the resulting effect is quite spicy. I think that there is patchouli here, to give the blend a rich, earthy tone and perhaps saffron too.

Chocolovers is one of my favorite fragrances, but DELICIOUS CHOCOLAT doesn't remind me of it, no matter how much I want it to. I see the resemblance between the notes, but the overall result is different. I nominate Kate Walsh Boyfriend as the closest cousin to this.

Minkyapples
Minkyapples

Smells like baileys!!

phia143
phia143

I wish I would of found this web site before I purchased this perfume. I was looking for a perfume that smelled like chocolate and was not to pricey. When I was at the store I smelled it on a strip of paper and I was so happy I thought it was exactly what I was looking for. I was wrong a lil while after i purchased the perfume i smelled the strip again but there was hardly any chocolate sent left :< It now smelled like a perfumey spicy musky scent. Similar to Victoria secrets rapture or amber romance. Since i don't like either of the two this sent this is not for me. So i returned it.

ajl577
ajl577

I guess you get what you pay for. WAAY too chemical/plasticky and cheap on me. Doesnt meld or blend properly. Very sharp chocolate and mens cologne...ALL bad!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Love this one...at first I agree with kittymoon...I smell chocolate and some kind of liquor; good smell. As time passes you can smell a musky, creamy, vanilla, amber scent that's just heavenly. Like it very much!

SS79
SS79

Really wanted a choco scent, and counldn't track down Aquolina's Choco Lovers soo.. went with this one since I had already owned Delicious Cotton Candy From GH so I thought Id go for the blind buy. Well wasn't what I expected, thought there would be more choco but I also get a more masculine scent, which I actually really like! I recently found Chocomania Body Butter from TBS and they blend well together,... so yummy!!! I also found it goes well with BBW Sensual Amber too!!

chaosvirtu
chaosvirtu

Maybe it will grow on me? Just sprayed a generous amount on my arm about 30 minutes ago...First I got a slightly artificial chocolate diluted by lots of alcohol (chocolate Necco Wafers stirred ino a shot of vodka?) That has faded away, and I'm left with no chocolate, just a very close scent that is generic and feminine. If I smelled this blind-folded I would think it was a drugstore body lotion, or a lipstick. Sometimes I find that something I initially disliked is better and better the next 2-3 times...But at first sampling on my skin, this seems very unremarkable, even a little icky. -Revision: After trying this several more times, I found it a fairly pleasant, warm, sweet, and slightly chocolatey. The trick is to apply plenty, but try very hard not to smell it for the first half hour or so. Plenty, because it quickly fades to a very soft close skin scent. The initial alcohol intense experience makes me feel a little panicky (Holy crap! Why did I just spray that on myself?).

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I ordered this blind after falling in love w/ BBW Chocolate Amber (discontinued) and Angel. I blame my quest for a good chocolate fragrance on having sampled Guerlain's Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin. It has spoiled me. And I can't afford the hefty price right now.

So anyways, I sampled the Delicious Chocolate, and at first, I recoiled... well, not really... but was more taken aback by the initial whiff of this stuff. I only sprayed a little on my skin and moved on to other frags I was testing that day. All I thought was... "okay, chocolate. Not sure I'll really want to just smell like that on any given day." So I kind of dismissed it as cheap and stupid and berated myself for buying it blind.

A few days later, I was in the mood to give it a real test drive. So, I layered it on top of Chocolate Amber, and really got some good sprays on my body... cleavage, neck, (front and back) and wrists... strong chocolate, of course...and I forgot about it... until about an hour or so later i was sitting watching some tv, and I got this wonderful whiff... and I was surprised by it. So I tucked my nose under my shirt collar to really give myself a sniff... and OH! How pretty and nice.

This has a great dry down. I like the tobacco pipe smoke scent as well as the more masculine way it ends up being. Can I pick out any of those listed notes? Not really... some woody, some musk. But its more about the chord it strikes rather than any single notes. The chocolate is there, but I don't think anyone would walk up to me and say "hey, you smell like chocolate!"... in fact I would defy anyone to find that note specifically (post dry down).

All in all, this is a fun one. And if you can't afford Angel, or can't find Chocolate Amber (or don't want to pay huge prices for a Bath and Body Works discontinued scent), then I think you might try this one. Let it sit, take it for a test drive. Give it a chance. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Nkhouri
Nkhouri

Blaghh! Way to cheap, artificial smelling! At least on me. Took it back but I like the idea behind the bottle/packaging, although poorly executed.

skitten
skitten

There is something about this perfume that I have become addicted to. To me this is a rather oriental, with a deep, dark flower scent, that only pops out at midnight. (if you could capture this heaven flower, I could imagine this flower would prefer to come out in the evening, on a warm and balmy night).
There are no whimsical, light and bright airy flowers, which I do not lean to, but a liqueur intoxicating chocolate tinge, which is heaven to my olfactory senses.
I think each perfume designer has really only ONE Best Scent Ever in their collection and should stop when created.... But I guess they all still try to improve, but failure, due to money incentives prevail.
Anyway, to lovers of Benedictine, Liqueurs of any kind, warm log fires, Kashmir shawls and intimate encounters, may you aquire this perfume and enjoy the ride..... Thankyou G.H. for this Fume.....xx

biggiemylove
biggiemylove

One of the most wonderful smelling fragrances~
I am very satisfied with the chocolate woodsy aroma, I add it with a spritz of Alfred Sung Joya & I am in absolute heaven~! As are the people around me who constantly ask "What is that Wonderful fragrance, that I have on~?"
Both thumbs up for Delicious Chocolat~
If you don't care for the Gourmands or any of it's relatives in the Chocolate/Cocoa family, then you should make certain take a pass on this~
But if you are a chocolover, of any kind, then this is for you~

shasta
shasta

this is my new favorite. was on the fence. mainly because i bought it so cheaply. but never one to discriminate, i wore it to work just the same. as soon as i walked out the door and the cold november air hit my skin, I instantly knew. WOW. it is a smooth oriental with a very clean finish. although it is not listed, the main top note is black pepper with a hint of bittersweet chocolate and a base of vanilla. not as chocolate as one would think. but sexy and floraly. is that a word? not cheap. not tacky. went inside and sprayed more. even spritzed my hair. did not become cloying. stopped at the gas station and the men were on me. one introduced himself, one said i smelled BEAUTIFUL, and another must have smelled the chocolate because he ate me up with his eyes. can't wait to try this on a hot sultry night. retains its peppery and chocolate notyes if you press your nose to your skin. LOVELY

DeeptiR
DeeptiR

I was not quite excited about this perfume initially and even when I put it on , I smelled nothing but chocolate initially and sweet. But few hours later it really transformed and though I was having a bad cold , I could still smell the perfume developing a spicy note. It was warm and it defly made me feel good. Its worth a try for its price.

Bicha do bafao
Bicha do bafao

I'm crazy about chocolate, I really want to try this.
Fixing it is good? This will be the next one will buy.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Not bad but "Cheap" just the same. I had a bottle of this but when I received it, it was leaking so the company had to take it back-thankfully! But this perfume was not remarkable enough for me to purchase another bottle! Im not a HAYMAN fan by any stretch of the imagination so this perfume was no exception. It does smell of chocolate though, at least it has one good thing going for it.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one is a rather nice and unusual perfume ..
i though it would smell off thick warm chocolate. But in the begining this is pretty fresh almost a bit citrusy, but not just that there is somthing else aswell. hm.. this stage goes over pretty fast. then the chocolate is coming more to its right . It is a dark chocolate, a bit dry..i think the woodsy notes makes this interesting. The jasmin and rose lingers around playing it nice. the plume hmm not so detactable to me , the peach , yes its there but very subtle.
This has a bit off coffy and nuts to it aswell..
Not a sweet very gormand perfume to me , more a grown up dark chocolate..This makes me feel comfortable , a bit sexy and mysterios..:)
but this one could have last a bit longer , I guess i have to put more one , and also one clothes..

but after all i like it <3

aqua76239
aqua76239

I ordered this unsniffed online for dirt cheap and I wasn't dissapointed. Despite the fact that other notes are listed first, I get chocolate on the first spray, well, kind of chocolate liquer. That lasts a while and after that it settles down into chocolate mixed with tinsy bit of plum and amber. If I had to compare drydown to something, I'd say Sensual Amber from BBW. But opening notes I haven't smelled anywhere before. I don't always want to smell like chocolate but every now I get a craving and this one satisfies. Lasting power is ok, I get 2.5-3 hours layered with Sensual Amber lotion. My skin eats perfume so it may last longer on other people. I can't say I like the bottle a whole lot, its really huge and clunky and doesn't come any smaller than 3.3 oz which is a minus in my book. I agree with jodee that you get sort of cigar note at the end-I don't actually mind it, it sort of smoky and sweet. Very interesting fragrance

anneymn
anneymn

Spicy, musky, mature chocolate. I could see this as much for men as women. I think its kind of masculine on me.

Good for cold weather, it has a cozy warming feel to it.

update- I have it on my clothes and not my skin today, it is less spicy and musky and it's a dryer chocolate smell on my clothes. It is more spicy and musky on my skin. I like the smell less when it's on my skin.

jodee
jodee

This was a blind buy. I thought, I love chocolate, I love the price, why not? But, I gotta say this gets a thumbs down for me. It opens super chocolate-y then turns into a tobacco pipe smoke smell on me. I honestly smell tobacco pipe at the end, it's horrible on me. Like the start, don't care for the finish on this. Like the chaton on top of this bottle though:).

ecerusen
ecerusen

i really really want to buy this perfume but i can't find it at shops(in turkey) and even at strawberry. where can i buy it?

BeccaPax
BeccaPax

Makes my mouth water! This is a wonderful scent for the winter months. Can be worn during the day or evening. Chocolate is sweet and sensual. I receive many compliments when I weat this.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

All I can think of when I wear this is Eat Me. Smells absolutely divine! Tends to drive the men wild. I've never had so many drinks bought for me as when I go to a bar (with my husband) and a man will walk by, turn around, walk back and ask "Can I get you a drink?" Dark and mysterious, incredibly sexy and layerable with other perfumes. I like to wear this on pulse points mixed with other perfumes. Yummy!

ellebelle84

Update: Oh my god! So I bought it today @ Ross for $9.99 for a 3.3 oz. The scent opens quite sharp and floral on me which was an instant "yuck" factor, but once it dries its remarkably different and surprisingly beautiful. On me its a combination of smooth chocolate, tonka bean, vanilla, a maple syrup-esque note, and a warm and sensuous amber.

Normally, I love a quality fruity floral gourmand, but this is taken me by surprise. Smells even more sensual and complex when layered with Dylan's Candy Bar Chocolate Cupcake Body Lotion. A semi-gourmand for grown-ups. Appropriate for dates with sexy strangers, and everyday wear. I'd say would likely work at its best in hot weather environments.

Sillage- 6/10
Longevity- 4+ hours
Overall- 8/10 it would be a '10' if it had less sharpness at the beginning

TheLadyApryle

I'm currently layering this w/ Aftelier Perfumes' Chocolate Spice - Delicious anchors so well to that Aftelier body oil and the marriage works. It's a bit boozy as darkbeauty mentions, but it's THAT booziness, that bit of irreverence that hooks you and keeps you coming back again and again!

girlsworld
girlsworld

Intense milk chocolate hit at first then this fragrance settles softly and becomes more subtle, vanilla, slightly spicy and sweet as it settles on my skin, guess you will either like or dislike this one, it is definately unusual !

i think this is a wear anywhere, wear anytime scent. this is like chocolate milk for grown-ups. a kaluha sombrero, a nice druken chocolate scent with some spicy musk to make it even more interesting. very different and i love different. the dry down is lovely, you get chocolate amber just wafting around you. i'm happy with this purchase and for what i paid for it, it smells like much more. a big thumbs up for me.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Found this at ROSS today for dirt cheap... only $9.99 for a 3.3 oz bottle. It was on my WANT list for a while so I decided to snatch it up, and for the price, what did I have to lose?

I think it's very sharp upon first spray and very boozy. I love chocolate in perfumes, but this composition is just average to me. It quickly turns into powdered chocolate and musk over vanilla and light spice. I find it somewhat masculine too, and I can picture a man wearing this in the colder months. I honestly think it would smeller much better on my husband than it does on me. Too bad! I wanted it to knock me off my feet. I guess I'll be sticking to my coveted SJP Covet for my chocolate fix.

If anyone wants to swap, let me know ;o)

ellebelle84

I wonder, for those of us who like to layer scents... has anyone smelled Dylan's Candy Bar Chocolate Cupcake scented lotion? I wonder how the layering of that underneath this would smell? I love scent composition, I should have been a "nose" for a perfume company instead of a unemployed facialist working retail LOL!

nyoka
nyoka

smells like a vanilla ice cream sunday with chocklate sauce dribbling down over it.EAting it in a beautiful garden with Flowers all arround.AT dusk,as the sun cools down the melting chocklate slides down ur throat and ur in heaven!

Kitttymoon, try Amour de Cacao from Comptoir Sud Pacifique for the most intense chocolate taste ever.

kittymoon
kittymoon

I really like it although it gets quite oriental on me. I get rum-chocolate as a first impression, then I can smell the plum and quite soon it turns woody on me. Unfortunately, I would love it to stay longer in the rum-chocolate state. It reminds me of Angel but it's much softer. If only they would have left out amber, woods and musk... I still didn't find my perfect chocolate scent. Maybe I try Aquolina next :)

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Smooth Chocolate, Warm Vanilla, Velvety Amber, Musk, Fresh Bergamot & Lemongrass. The mixture is delightful and swirls about enticing all passers by. I've always enjoyed Aquolina Chocolovers but this is my new favorite Chocolate scent. It's a grown up Chocolate and very tantalizing. Heavenly!!!