Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Delicious Cotton Candy Gale Hayman for women

Delicious Cotton Candy Gale Hayman for women
dislike

caramel

Delicious Cotton Candy possesses a blend of orange, bergamot, clementine, cotton candy, lily of the valley, fig leaves, brown sugar, strawberry, plum, licorice, vanilla, caramel, cedarwood and musk.

It is available as 100ml EDT. Delicious Cotton Candy was launched in 2007.

Orange Bergamot Clementine Cotton Candy Lily-of-the-Valley Fig Leaf Sugar Big Strawberry Plum Licorice Vanille Caramel Virginia Cedar Musk

Pink Sugar
Sexual Sugar
Candy, Baby
Soft
Victoria`s Secret Pink Soft & Dreamy

Delicious Cotton Candy Fragrance Reviews

LLB_addict
LLB_addict

I honestly believe this is THE sweetest perfume I have ever smelled. However, it is DELICIOUS! I would wear it on a very cool evening date...and I think he would love it! It is very inexpensive too!!

LenaT
LenaT

I really like this perfume. It is very sweet. Delicious is the word. Reminds me of pink sugar. Long lasting.

Tanyacoca
Tanyacoca

I like it. It smells exactly like aquolina pink sugar in my opinion. Toss the plastic cap, as it smells skunky like others are saying. I got a 3.3 oz bottle online for $19.

Dabarefootbombshell
Dabarefootbombshell

I purchased this scent because I want all of the Delicious scents by Gale Hayman. I did NOT like this one at first. I couldn't smell anything but sugar and if this was by Demeter Fragrance that would have been o.k. but I expected more from My Gale. Lucky for my husband raids my fragrances without asking. One night he passed by me and I was literally entranced. I asked if he got a new scent and he informed he was wearing one of mine. Mine? He showed me the bottle and it was Cotton Candy Delicious. I couldn't believe it. This scent on him was far from one dimensional sugar, he smelled as though three chubby cherubs were sitting on his lap sucking on Italian lollypops. I have repented to the fragrance god for my earlier dismissal of this divine scent.

odie
odie

This is a beautiful scent. A Fragrantica friend of mine purchased it first and recommended it to me and I was not disappointed. The top notes are clearly citrus, followed by that sweet depth of licorice, warm melted white sugar, caramel and vanilla and don't forget that persistent musk and a tinge of strawberry, just like cotton candy!

The green notes are also there, they just play second fiddle to the gourmand delight of the other notes. The licorice is quite intense on my skin but the sweetness is not cloying or sticky, just overall good to the last drop. I am delighted with the ergonomic design of the bottle, whether or not the cap has a faint odour of burnt plastic, but of course you need to put your nose real close to it to register that. I would recommend it for women of any age.

Shwets
Shwets

Do you really need DCC?

This is what a wondered having Pink Sugar and Al Rehab Soft....

After reading numerous reviews and then finally purchasing a tester, here are my conclusions:

1. DCC is very similar to Al Rehab Soft (on me), particularly the spray version. The oil is an intense version. DCC is lighter in vanilla and caramel notes but actually lasts and lingers. Though many mention that Soft can be lemony and less vanilla (the opposite is for my skin).

Even the licorice note appears to be present in Soft (as it is in Pink Sugar), but i cannot smell it in DCC.

2. Compared to Pink Sugar, DCC lacks that roasted/toasted/creme brulee note. Pink Sugar is great if you want that note and stronger.

3. DCC is great if you want less vanilla and caramel - on days when Soft and Pink Sugar is overwhelming with vanilla and sweetness, the lighter amount in DCC is bearable for me.

The lighter vanilla in DCC wins me over. Had i wanted more of vanilla and the caramel notes, then i need not have purchased it.

On first spray it is reminiscent of candy floss but settles into a light airy cake like scent so really it doesnt smell like candy floss for the majority of the time.

nirvana1
nirvana1

Wow! True to Name! Cotton Candy! Almost 100% Pink Sugar without AS MUCH of the burnt rubber smell I get on me. Good thing it was a cheap blind buy. I loved the notes, but I could have stuck with my Pink Sugar if I wanted the exact same smell. Up for swap brand new sprayed once for anyone interested! Super Sweet which I generally like!

tandaina
tandaina

Holy cats Batman!

So I saw this for $12 at a discount store and thought "what the heck." Bought it, ripped it open in the car (mistake #1) and sprayed two test squirts on my arm/hand (mistake #2).

Let's just say for the next three hours of shopping I left behind me a trail of poor souls suddenly overcome with the urgent need to find and consume cotton candy. Wow. So this smells (to my nose) exactly like pink cotton candy, not purple, not blue, pink. The sort of smell you get when your face is buried in said cotton candy or if you were to stick your head into the cotton candy machine.

What I'm trying to say is that first squirt will smell like nothing, and you'll think "weak juice" and spray again. Heaven help you if you spray two more times. Because you might actually go into sugar shock. One is all you need, *trust me* and do not spray in a confined environment for the love of all the cotton candy in the world! I ended up with a car that smells like a carnival and a raging headache.

Now to be clear, I sort of like this, I mean who doesn't like cotton candy? And I think one spray would leave a nice sweet scent. But two was at least one too many. This might be one to spritz into the air and walk through.

The bottle I have no explanation for. Why is there a pink panther as a cap? I do not know. But I do know he or she adds just the right amount of utter ridiculously to a scent that already screams "please don't take me too seriously." You want to feel 12 again? Buy this. (Warning: not recommended for job interviews, dates, or anywhere else where you want to come across as a competent adult.)

Suzybee
Suzybee

I remember Gale Hayman and the Giorgio of Beverly Hills empire when I was a young girl. Affluent women wore the Panther jewelry and watches by Cartier, a mark of status back in the grand ole 80s. Amazing how times have changed and that Panther has now been reduced to a hideous, smelly, resinous, and unsightly cap of a perfume bottle.

I was at a Perfumania Outlet and I bought Delicious Feelings and Delicious Vanilla. (Omgoodness, even their names are cheesy) What's not so cheesy is the juice itself. DF is a bright floral Spring scent and DV is a dupe for BBW Warm Vanilla. I paid $30 for both which I thought was a great deal for 3.4 oz each.

Delicious Cotton Candy is very similar and maybe identical to Pink Sugar, which I didn't buy because of the burnt sugar note I don't care for. Well, as a gourmand lover, we'll see. LOL

Objections
Objections

Just bought this after wanting to try it for awhile. I must say, this doesn't remind me of pink sugar even slightly. On me at least, pink sugar tends to come off sweet BUT very citrusy and fruity. This is pure sugar! Smells like the cotton candy stands at the fair or the circus. And the plastic cat/cougar cap? smells horrendous but im in love with it. I think its adorable and cute. Ill try a few things to get the smell off of it which is a chemical-y marijuana smell (probably because of the material which its made from). Ive finally found my signature scent after searching for so long. Its similar to body fantasy's cotton candy which I adore, but less chemical smelling to me and more true sugar in this one. Not to mention a much higher staying power. Try this if you love sweet gourmand scents. There's no way you can go wrong!

lemonzest
lemonzest

Whoa mama, this is even sweeter than Pink Sugar, with none of the screechy citrus notes P.S. can have. For some inexplicable reason I like this, although I should know better. It's a silly smell, and there's something disturbing about an adult wanting to smell like candy. Knowing all that, I still enjoy this, maybe for its lightness. Nice break from serious perfume. Barely any fruit smell and nothing heavy to make this tedious and average. No patchouli to try to make this sexy - that would have been pathetic and sad, like a hat on a dog.

Delicious Cotton Candy is the perfume equivalent of a night at a carnival or a knock-knock joke. Just fun, nothing deep. Smells like a ten year old mixed and stirred her favorite flavors with a stick. I love this! It's so perpendicular to my personality that it's a shock to wear, truly outre.

Funky Plastic Cat Cap: The cap is outgassing some thiol compound. If you soak it in a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and detergent, it should remove most of that smell. Be sure not to do this in a closed container.

Wanesa
Wanesa

OMG Identical to pink sugar. identical. is that even legal? Im glad though cause its affordable but the bottle is not to be seen. its hideous.

Heartswell.
Heartswell.

This smells exactly like Pink Sugar without the lemony notes and the borderline-cloying licorice. It's a lot softer than Pink Sugar as well with the drydown lacking that burnt sugar/caramel note; Delicious Cotton Candy's drydown is more subtle with vanilla and (brown) sugar taking the lead, while Pink Sugar is still screeching and burning that sugar away into hapless caramel (note: I am a Pink Sugar fan. Really, I am). I have both perfumes on each arm and I'm comparing them in real-time (between swigs of iced tea at 5AM because that's how I roll).
Delicious Cotton Candy doesn't last that long in comparison to Pink Sugar (and that's not really a fair comparison since they're different perfumes after all), but I think I prefer the former to the latter.

All in all, I like it but I kinda wish it smelt more, I don't know, bright and was a little lighter, like the Body Fantasies Cotton Candy body spray which is a marvelous and gorgeous cotton candy scent. (Also, the bottle, the kind-of-weird cap especially, is adorable.)

Konga5000
Konga5000

FOR REAL COTON CANDY SMELL Prince Matchabelli's Cotton Candy is THE ONE.
I believe it's been discontinued. #2 is Body Fantasies Cotton Candy. Weak / light but is smells like REAL cotton candy.

This smells like generic sweet sugar body spray.
Blind Buy. Pretty bottle. Pretty boring.

Going into my "frag graveyard".

Labaloo
Labaloo

Well... I've sampled Acqua e Zucchero, have Pink Sugar, as well as Al Rehab Soft. DCC is very nice; like others, I find it more-wearable than Pink Sugar. I like Soft just a smidge more... but indeed they are quite close! Soft has a touch more floral edge, which I enjoy to contrast with the sugar, but DCC is damned good- nicely-balanced- especially for the 15USD I paid. I'll be reaching for this often, I think! (Acqua e Zucchero is still the best in my book... but is priced beyond my scope right now)

Very good vanilla-sugar bomb, with subtle touches of florals, fruits, and bitter-sweet resins along with a nice musk-blend on the bottom to round it out. After the top fades, there's a slight plastic note that appears... but this wears off after 20-30 minutes and the scent is fab!

I see what others are saying about the cap now: it has this funky-skunky plastic odor- kinda weird. Hope it wears off, or I'll just throw it into the box.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a lovely scent! Its much more complicated then I was expecting actually! On first spray I definitely get the top notes, orange and bergamot and lilly of the valley!! Its very fruity! Then about 20 mins later it starts to dry down and the cotton candy/vanilla/strawberry start playing their role, making it sweeter and sweeter. Then the drydrown becomes this musky sweet cotton candy with a hint of floral! I really like this, its not just straight up cotton candy and sugar.. it has some nice floral mixed in there to make it more grown up smelling!

This will layer really well with body fantasies cotton candy lotion, I found both of these items at my local kmart!

Oh yes and the cap smells like actual butt LOL I have it soaking in a vinegar/baking soda mixture like another reviewer mentioned and we'll see if that helps otherwise I will probably throw it away like the others have.

EDIT** AHA! I finally figured out what the drydown reminds me of! It smells very similar to the So...? Kiss me? perfume I had years ago! If you like this cotton candy you will probably like the So..? as well!!

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

This is a fun fragrance! The citrus and musk in it save it from being too juvenile for me,thankfully! I really quite like this sweet,citrusy,sugary concoction! Will see about longevity and projection down the road.

Wow..this stuff is surprising me! Good sillage,and longevity.And some toasted,smoky,incensy,marshmallowy goodness wafting in the drydown!
Its scrummy! Wore it out with friends today and everyone could smell it and loved it...compliment getter!
Im telling ya,this lasts and is so yummy! Im getting a backup if i find one!!!!

ksugrl79
ksugrl79

I've been after this perfume for some time now. I tried those Preferred Fragrances version and it was straight up licorice.. Yuck! So I kept dropping hints to the hubby what I wanted for my bday, and to tempt him further...anytime I had to visit the drugstore... I spritzed some of this on to show & tell. My body fantasy cotton candy purse spray is fine but I wanted a bit more oomph & sophistication & longevity. So I was so overjoyed to open my bday bag with some metal cd's, Halloween knick knacks, and this perfume! This made today so special... and as for rules about it being a 'teen' scent...I feel you can be any age...as long as it works with your chemistry. I'm 36 years old & have always gravitated to sweet, sugary scents. But definitely invest in this gem for a dose of sweetness & comfort! I find myself reaching for my comfy jeans, and a long sleeved hoody, and wanting to sip a hot green tea latte.

Gemini12
Gemini12

I was so excited to try this but unfortunately it just didn't work for me. My skin amps up citrus and this was no exception--it turned into a noxious citrus cotton candy concoction. I'm envious of those of you who can successfully wear this one.

Jenni-007
Jenni-007

When I was about 19 I remember being drawn to this in a store because of the name. I liked it, however I never got it because I was just never really big into perfume until later on. Now, 10 years later I came across this perfume in the same exact store and I had never noticed it in the in between time. I purchased it immediately 14.99 for a 3 oz bottle!

I recently got Pink sugar and I wasn't too keen on the burnt sugar note in there but it didn't bother me so much to refrain from purchasing it. This is pretty much Pink Sugar minus the burnt sugar note. It smells so good and has pretty good lasting power!

Cocotea
Cocotea

Well, well, well...Finally received this today after waiting impatiently for three weeks for my order. Thanking everyone who warned new buyers that the cap smells bad. (I have it soaking in a solution of vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda, if that doesn't get the smell out, nothing will.) I really really like it. It smells like cotton candy but a grown up. Should pair so well with my beloved Body Fantasies Cotton candy. I smell citrus and musk and delicious caramel. I only used a few sprays of this and it's been about 6 hours. The men at work keep commenting that it smells 'so good' and 'delicious' when they walk past my desk so the longevity and silage must be good. I can still smell it on my wrist now, in fact I have been sniffing myself on and off for hours, it smells that good. I ordered off Perfumania and it came with three free samples! Best $15 USD I've spent on perfume this year. Ladies (and gentlemen? I caught a guy in the locker area at work dousing himself in Body Fantasies Cotton Candy spray he stole from his wife), get this if you love sugary sweet cotton candy smells. This one is a winner!

Edit: August 10th
This seriously has the strength of an EDP! Lasted sixteen hours and a couple of hand washing sessions. Loving it!

Gingersnapps1
Gingersnapps1

Another sweet and vanilla scent I adore. I have to say it is almost identical to Pink Sugar with a little bit more depth and sex appeal in my opinion. Sometimes hard to find but when I do I snatch it up fast....

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Oh my god! Where do I start with this lovely fragrance. Its cotton candy vanilla sweet heaven. This is definitely a gourmand scent. I am a gourmand scent woman I have to have my sweet scents. Those are my go-to fragrances. I get so many compliments on this fragrance is unreal. Everywhere I go people are telling me "you smell like cotton candy, you smell so sweet, you smell so yummy, what are you wearing?". This makes me feel so good and this is not one of those teenager Kiddy cotton candy fragrances. Like the body fantasy cotton candy spray. This is a grown woman sexy, vanilla, cotton candy, sweet, sugary, luscious goodness. I would disagree with anybody who says this scent smells childlike or teenagerish. I purchased a bottle of this because, I read that it smelled very similar to the Aquolina pink sugar. It's far less expensive than Aquolina Pink Sugar and not only that. It doesn't have that burn licorice note in it.This is far better than the Pink Sugar for that very reason.It's very long lasting considering its price which was a shock and even more of a plus. I purchased a bottle from Ross for $12.99. I have finished that bottle and on my second bottle this bottle. I purchased a gift set for $16.99 at Burlington Coat Factory. The gift set includes a body wash,lotion and the perfume. Layering this fragrance makes it smell even more beautiful and long lasting. The main notes I smell are cotton candy of course, vanilla, and powder notes. This fragrance is cheap priced but packs a huge punch and it lasts a very long on your skin. It is June almost July and this fragrance lingers and smells so good in the summer heat. I wear it everyday this is my signature scent. If only they had a body spray oh my goodness . I would recommend this for any season. But it's working perfectly for me this summer . I'm finishing up my second bottle and will be purchasing my third bottle soon. Sexy sweet fragrance that I would recommend. This is the grown women cotton candy fragrance.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

I have to say - for something so inexpensive, this fragrance does not disappoint to deliver ultra-sweetness with pretty great longevity! What a delight, I have been craving this regularly lately!

Delicious Cotton Candy is just that; it's sticky and sweet, packed with sugar, and lacking any unpleasant burnt notes like Pink Sugar contains! You get half of the funfair/circus/carnival atmosphere in this - the obvious cotton candy, powdered fried dough, a hint of strawberry lollipops, and the slightest whiff of caramel-corn on the breeze. I can see the comparisons with Profumum Roma's "Acqua e Zucchero", but this scent has more of a powdery feel to it, and something slightly more round (and dare I say complex?). All are great, pick your poison and your price range!

(Also a guilty pleasure to douse myself in before bed! I love waking up to something so comforting and delicious.)

Ivilee
Ivilee

One of my most worn perfumes because of its sweetness, but when I’m in the mood for a perfume dessert, it’s perfect. I am a gourmand lover for cupcakey,sugary, candy-like perfumes. It smells like a funfair fantasy of sticky cotton candy, chewy licorice sticks, caramel dipped strawberries and hazelnut praline filled wafers. It’s so sweet that it can make your teeth ache, but if you can’t get enough of perfumes that smell like desserts, Delicious cotton candy might be your holy grail. Delicious Cotton Candy is buttercream frosting for sweet-tooth lovers only.

janeofdoe
janeofdoe

I would have really liked this without the hint of caramel in it (or am I crazy for smelling caramel?) this perfume is really out of my element but wanted to try something new. Also, mine has a plastic cap instead of this metal cap pictured. I bought it from ross. Willing to trade for something not sugary. Message me.

PerfumeLoveKK22
PerfumeLoveKK22

Bought this today, I was very disappointed this isnt as well rounded and complex as Pink Sugar, the burnt caramel-sugar-licorice in PS is what gives the cotton candy smell some oomph, and this is what this fragrance lacks. Dlicious CC is more citrus dominated, with caramel, licorice and cotton candy lingering in the back ground. Another reason I was dissapointed with Delicious CC is because it smells exactly like Al rehab's "Soft" perfume oil, and I mean IDENTICAL. I tested them side by side I cant smell any differences.

synergypsy
synergypsy

Of all the "cotton candy" fragrances I've tried, this is probably the best of the genre. I actually bought it because I was going through my Urban Rituelle Cotton Candy awfully fast and was getting anxious. DCC is every bit as good, and in fact, somewhat better, because it has more scent concentration and a bit more complexity. But, don't get me wrong, even with more notes, this IS cotton candy.

No strawberry/vanilla fake-out, and licorice is well under control. (Why I disliked Pink Sugar). I was concerned about the citrus notes; but happily they, too, are restrained, lending uplift and clarity to this sweet fragrance. So, if you're a candy lover, go ahead and add this to your collection!

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

oh dear. I made a mistake with this one. It's yummy and everything, but it smells like plastic, like the plastic lid atop the bottle.

Valentina_Dreams
Valentina_Dreams

You want cotton candy? You got it with this scent. And then some! I'm not a fan, however. This was too much cotton candy for me, LOL! I "taste-tested" it at a Kmart for kicks and accidentally got it on my winter jacket sleeve. At first sniff, pure sugar candy scent that was very synthetic, wears off in a matter of minutes, then you get a strong sticky sweet smell that reminds me of visiting a circus carnival.

And that is exactly the kind of comments I got days and days following that first spray. The scent has stuck on my jacket sleeve, provoking some people to ask if I've stuck my hand into something sweet or caramel, just like into a cotton candy machine. So, if that's any indication of what this perfume's like, or an invitation for anyone who loves that kind of scent, be more than merry to buy it!

As for me, I find it a tad greasy kind of sticky sweet, just too much for me... now I gotta find a way to wash it out of my jacket sleeve, heh.

isabella211
isabella211

This is everything I wanted Pink Sugar to be. It is warm, spun sugar, puffing and wafting about me like a sweet, pink aura. Pink Sugar, on the other hand, is like a synthetic drizzling of sugar, lemon and watered down tarts, in comparison. See the difference? Delicious Cotton Candy takes your skin and smolders it in airy, yet sensual and deep sugar. Pink Sugar attempts to but decides to make a tarty baked swimming pool out of you instead...which is cool if you like that sort of thing, or it's cool too if you don't, since it doesn't last long anyhow. I'm such a perfume whore and DO NOT discriminate and I can tell you, I own scents that cost up to $300 and yet I consistently reach for this one. It lasts forever and almost recharges when your skin warms up, hours later. It's kind of amazing.The price most certainly does not reflect the goods contained with in, and neither does the hideous bottle, which can easily be remedied by purchasing a pretty atomizer that shows off the perfectly pink juice within.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Much better than my sexual secret blush. This has a warm punch of licorice and baby powder that unfortunately fades, almost like Ombre Rose for a few minutes, but still stays warm and rounded.

kerion
kerion

Picked this up at Ross last night for $9.99! I was amazed at what they had under $15. It's for my 15 year old daughter who adores those sweet ones. It smells really nice on her, but not on me. On me it was a very synthetic sweet smell and a bit powdery. On her it smells like cotton candy all the way. Was worth the $

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

This was a definite pleasant surprise. I bought it at a discount store for $20 and was initially worried by the stench that the plastic cap gave off, but after throwing out the cap and wiping down the bottle all was good. Should I be embarrassed to admit that I've never smelled Pink Sugar? Regardless, I haven't, so I have no idea how similar the two are. To me, the prominent note in this one is the sugar, though it occasionally veers more towards vanilla, cotton candy or caramel depending on my body chemistry. What makes this enjoyable for me, oddly, is the black licorice note in the background. I don't actually like black licorice or its smell, but in this perfume it "dirties" up the sweet notes and keeps them from being cloying. I'm amazed by the lasting power of this one, too, as it is still noticeable (but never overpowering) after ten or twelve hours of wear. This is a great addition to any gourmand lover's collection.

mandy.may
mandy.may

This smells good,like straight up cotton candy.but it lacks the magical notes of pink sugar,in my opinion.so I just keep the beautiful bottle in my collection even though I hardly wear it...

Rotorwife
Rotorwife

Very much like Pink Sugar but without the burnt smell. I do feel that DCC is a little easier to wear and I think I like it better than PS. The reviewers that suggested throwing away the cap were absolutely right. I would have thrown that bottle away at first sniff if I hadn't read that the cap can make it stink. As soon as I tossed the top and cleaned around the bottle I didn't smell anything but the cotton candy. Thanks for sharing that bit of advice!

nanapalooza
nanapalooza

Wow, my opinion on this has definitely changed with time. This is one of those perfumes you need some time to get used to. I absolutely hated it at first because I'd never smelled anything like it before. Citrus and licorice notes really stood out to me initially. But later on when I got used to it I started to pick up a really nice lemony nutmeg/vanilla cake vibe. It certainly doesn't remind me of cotton candy, but it's a nice gourmand nonetheless. This is pretty light on me - I can spray it generously (4-5 sprays) and reapply a few hours later. nobody really notices the smell unless they come close for a smooch. :(

Centsless
Centsless

This is so yummy and yes, SUPER sweet. I like it better than Pink Sugar though because PS gives me a headache, and this is a bit softer. Cotton Candy is cozy and comforting, I can definitely see wearing this when I need a sweet pick me up.

EastCoastRose
EastCoastRose

This is delicious, sweet, much like Pink Sugar BUT, if you get the bottle with the pink plastic cap, the first thing you MUST do is throw out that cap. Get it out of your house, because it stinks to the moon. It has a bizarre plastic smell that ruins the fragrance. There must be another version with a chrome/metal cap that is pictured here. But without the plastic cap, I love this fragrance. Great price too, $12.99 on Amazon.

javaholic
javaholic

Fun, flirty fragrance and very sweet. Delicious cotton candy, funnel cake, licorice and caramel candy. The bottle is lovely too.

janechemi
janechemi

it reminds me of pink sugar but i like this better. it doesnt have the licorice note and it dries down to a sweet vanilla cotton candy. there's absolutely no fruit in it but i wasnt looking for any. its perfect the way it is

spritzedsilly
spritzedsilly

I don't get the licorice note either. I get a nice cotton candy smell , some caramel and a hint of cedar . I love that there is cedar because , for me it was unexpected .

C is a nice cozy scent warm . It last well, projects and is fun wear .

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

So glad I came across this perfume! It's very similar to Pink Sugar, but better to me because I don't get the burnt/licorice note that PS has. I also get more vanilla in the drydown of this one. Strength-wise I would say it's middle point between Body Fantasies Cotton Candy and Pink Sugar...not too light, but not overpowering. Good quality for the price ($12.99 at Ross).

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Never put in my two cents for this baby. I have owned it for awhile, and use it sparingly. It is a steal of a deal. I love it. Similar to PS. I think for the price, I need to buy another bottle. I never tried the chocolate one, but I bet it's just as good. Probably one of the more affordable perfumes out there that smells just as good as the higher priced ones. I love cats, so the bottle is fine with me. I don't think it smells like Angel, that one I cannot stand on me.

kamala22
kamala22

At first I hated it..it had a strange burnt plastic smell about it...then discovered it was that horrible plastic cap causing it to smell like that (a big thank you to those who metioned it in their review or I prob never would have realised!) I got rid of the cap & now I'm really loving the fragrance. It's similar to Pink Sugar, but not AS sweet & more mature..very nice! :)

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

This stuff is amazing. I wanted a dupe of Pink Sugar and for me this is very, very close. I tried Pink Sugar once and I found it a bit too sweet for even me, and I love sweet perfumes. Beauti Control has a perfume named Brown Sugar Spa which is also almost an exact match to these two scents. I had that and I think it may have been discontinued(and harder to find), so I'd heard about Delicious Cotton Candy and decided to try it. I'm not disappointed at all. I haven't actually worn it, same with my Beauti Control(too sweet to wear, used as WONDERFUL air freshener), but I'm sure I'll try it soon. I've been using this on my bed linens and it just smells divine. Way stronger and yummier than just a candle. For the price, you get a huge bottle. Mine is 3.3 oz. EDT and it came with shower gel and lotion. The lotion seems good too, not with that funky off/plastic smell some lotions have. I'm so in love with this that I can't wait to try a few of the others in this line. It might be cheap price wise, but it sure doesn't smell it. Longevity and silage seem great, at least when sprayed on bedding. Best perfume buy in a while.

Edit: Oh, and mine did NOT have the bad smelling cap you hear so much about. I guess I got lucky. I even like the somewhat cheesy bottle. I love cats, so it works for me. It for sure isn't as tacky as the Nicki Minaj perfume bottles! And since my review I tried wearing it, and it's super nice. I can wear and enjoy this(unlike too cloying Pink Sugar). It's sweet, but not cloyingly so. Love!

MarillaV
MarillaV

My Aquolina Pink Sugar bottle is almost empty, so I decided to try Gale Hayman's Delicious Cotton Candy as I found a bottle on clearance at Ross. The plastic leopard bottle top is problematic as the reaction between it and the perfume results in a horrible smell. I threw away the top and the box and washed the bottle thoroughly. The terrible smell is going away and the juice inside is just fine.

The juice itself is a softer, more delicate version of Pink Sugar. It is missing the licorice note of PS, which is actually ok since the licorice note doesn't last long on me anyway. Delicious Cotton Candy also lacks the strong burnt sugar scent of PS. Its dry down is more vanilla than PS. PS maintains its strong cotton candy/fairy floss note along with the burnt sugar smell until the end.

Those who dislike the strong burnt smell of PS should give this a try. I actually really enjoy this scent, especially given the price. It smells more expensive than it is, but the bottle design and plastic top really should be re-done. What a nightmare of a smell when you first open the box!

This scent is one that my husband really enjoys, go figure! Of all my perfumes, this one almost always garners compliments.

april26
april26

This smells very nice, much like Pink Sugar, but not as sweet and doesnt lst as long. Usually a good buy.

shasta
shasta

If you smell skunk with this or any other delicious perfumes, it is the plastic cap giving off that odor.

arizonachick98
arizonachick98

Picked this up at TJ Maxx tonight for a steal! I was so happy to get it for only 12.99 since it's been on my want list for awhile.

I was so surprised with how sweet and decadent this scent is! I was expecting just your generic run of the mill sweet cotton candy scent but it's also got a warm caramel underlying note which is so delicious!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Gayle Haymans Delicious Cotton Candy reminds me of a fluffy, delicious real buttercream frosting over a layered yellow cake. The kind of frosting that you can only get at a real bakery or that you make at home with butter and 10x powdered confectioners sugar. It's the real frosting that hits your mouth and melts and is so sweet you're in heaven. This perfume is straight and heavy on the vanilla extract. Not vanilla, but vanilla extract, which is why it reminded me so much of actual buttercream frosting.
If you enjoy walking into a bakery, and inhaling all it has to offer, you'll certainly enjoy this delightful gourmand fragrance. Is it childish? Not necessarily. It has a balanced tone to it that grounds it enough to not make it sickeningly sweet. Of course, you have to like that type of scent and you must enjoy your vanilla straight-up.
Delicious Cotton Candy is not cloying, but stays delightful throughout its run. A definite feel-good scent for when you'd like a pick-me-up anytime, anywhere. The bottle is chunky with the infamous animal poised on top, a bright pink.
Some have likened this to Aquolina's Pink Sugar, but altho there are similarities, the licorice effect is missing. This is more for the sweet-tooth in everyone.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

This smells like sweetened vanilla bean mixed with the musk note in Lady Stetson. Very feminine and pretty. Although I definitely see a connection between this and the Aquolina, I wouldn't call it a Pink Sugar dupe. Pink Sugar is more cane sugar and prickly to my nose, and Delicious Cotton Candy is more powdered sugar and cashmere soft.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sweet, sugary, exactly what it says -- cotton candy. A much cheaper alternative to Pink Sugar without the bitter "burned" note. Delicious! Lasts about four hours. Very inexpensive, about $13 for 100 ml. Can't go wrong if you like sweet sugary scents.

sultaria
sultaria

I just recently bought this fragrance for around $13 at Ross. It smells so good! Just like cotton candy. I get nostalgic memories of going to the fair as a kid when I smell this. It is a simply fragrance, smells exactly like what it is meant to represent: cotton candy. It does have a bit of a sweet vanilla scent which compliments it well. I honestly cannot distinguish any other notes in it, except maybe a hint of the caramel one. Many people are comparing this to Pink Sugar, but I ended up really disliking the original Pink Sugar to its incredibly strong overly sweet licorice and synthetic strawberry smell. On the contrary, I like this one much better. I just wish I didn't have to keep spraying it every 30 minutes because the longevity is rather bad. But the price and the amazing scent make up for it. It is now one of my favorites!

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

It smells exactly like pink sugar by aquolina. Smells like cotton candy with some vanilla and some caramel which makes it more of a deeper sweet! With hint of strawberry. Smells good! :)

IceAnge1
IceAnge1

I just tried this at the mall. It is an exact replica of pink sugar to my nose. Don't believe me? Try it out yourself. For anyone who has PS already, unless you want two you may want to pass.

koyangi
koyangi

I absolutely love this scent. It is just so sweet and yummy! Even though it is very sweet, it also has depth to it. I think it is one of my favorite fragrances ever. I hope it is never discontinued.

I recently bought a second bottle and they seem to have changed the ugly civet cat on the top of the bottle to a more realistic and appealing leopard-like cat. A huge improvement that I really like. I have also discovered the reason for the "skunk" smell some people have complained about. It is an unfortunate reaction between the fragrance and the plastic the lid is made of, if the bottle happens to leak. Washing the lid thoroughly can help lessen the smell. I am trying to see if there is a way to remove the smell completely, since I love the new lid. LOL.

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

I used to buy fragrances strictly for how they appealed to the opposite sex. Well, I've had my significant other for years so that's not a huge consideration anymore! Now I'm drawn to scents that have an aromatherapy effect on me. My job is stressful, so if I can find a fragrance that evokes a calming and comforting feel than that's the one I'm enthused about.

DCC has that effect on me.

I always get a positive response from co-workers, clients and my boss from this one so it's become my signature scent for the office. I don't detect many notes....it's just a warm envelope of sweet-sweet-sweet, but I adore it. It lasts from the time I spray it on in the morning until I shower it off in the evening. I also spray it on a cotton ball to place inside my bra to ensure that the scent really lingers.

Yes, DCC does smell a lot like Pink Sugar which I have gotten compliments on when I wore it. But DCC---despite the childish name--just smells more womanly to me. Love it!

And I got it for $12.95 at Ross.

denncita

i would be in love w this fragrance if the bottle weren't so ugly :(

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I love sweet sweet perfumes/gourmands, so I had to have this. However, on me it smells exactly like Aquolina Pink Sugar, which I own plenty of because it's my #1 fave perfume. It's still a great scent, just nothing special.

chchristyen
chchristyen

This smells like a sugary vanilla cookie to me - I get a craving for sugar cookies when I wear it! My mom actually thought I was wearing Outremer Vanille when I asked her what she thought of Delicious Cotton Candy, and neither of my brothers thought of cotton candy when I asked them what DCC smelled like to them. So on me, this is a delectable chewy sugar cookie smell all the way! :)

and btw, my bottle has a pink plastic cap, if that matters~

Bella1

50%off all gift sets today at Burlington.
Cotton candy includes 3.4 perfum, lotion, and shower
Gel for $12.49.
You can smell the skunk smell through the
Box,i found two that are perfect. : )
No skunky smell.

DeeDee2
DeeDee2

This scent is delectable. It is just so warm, friendly, happy, and soft. You only need to use just a bit. I sampled it on my wrist, then listened as people of all ages passed by exclaiming how wonderful it smelled! I watched them all turn immediately toward the perfume counter - picking up one bottle after the other, sniffing in search of the scent's origin! The scent lasts softly on your skin all day, and then will bring you sweet dreams at night too. Lovely!

Bella1

Sorry about the multiple posts.
No idea what happened! : )

I loved this fragrance a couple years ago
so when I saw it at Burlington Coat Factory
at 25% off I grabbed another bottle.
After taking the wrapping off I noticed a
Strong skunk smell, I was thinking someone
ran over a skunk outside, but then it was on
My hands!!! What to do?? Burlington won't
Return open boxes, and Hayman site doesn't
List this. Even if they did it would cost more
To ship it back than I paid ! Ugh !

I loved this fragrance a couple years ago
so when I saw it at Burlington Coat Factory
at 25% off I grabbed another bottle.
After taking the wrapping off I noticed a
Strong skunk smell, I was thinking someone
ran over a skunk outside, but then it was on
My hands!!! What to do?? Burlington won't
Return open boxes, and Hayman site doesn't
List this. Even if they did it would cost more
To ship it back than I paid ! Ugh !

dorothy-avonelle
dorothy-avonelle

I love to collect bottles. Got this at ross and has pink plastic cat top.the smell was overwhelminly bad. It sits in the garage for now. Appears may have tiny link. So do i drain it and keep bottle or return it? What if after drain it still smells bad? I can'tsay if the perfume is good or not as I'm not sure if it was somehow tainted from leak or bottle. My usual favorite is lilac lavendar. Maybe its just not my taste. Hope this helps others.

rootbeerlord
rootbeerlord

I would like this but I can't get over the medicine and chap stick smell in this

lafefe
lafefe

I had the same problem, disgusting horrible smell, the cap didn't even close well, it smelled of garlic and..I don't know but certainly it was not the original perfume, it must have been an old bottle, it was a blind buy, I threw it away and I'm glad I did it.

Brenda Legaspi

@ann.sundwall I just realized a couple days ago that it was the cap, because once i sprayed it on me it didn't had that stinky smell. I left it without the cap for a night and the bottle smelled good but the cap was so stinky!! Now i'm happy with the perfume, i will keep it!

ann.sundwall

The skunk scent comes from the plastic "cat" cap. There is another Gale Hayman scent with the same problem and the same skunky cap. The scent doesn't seem to affect the whole bottle, if you spray it into the air a couple times before applying it, the skunky note is gone. But it will reappear if you keep the cap on.

flamingjune5dwj
flamingjune5dwj

Horrid! Also picked this up at Ross for 12$ on a blind buy when my Pink Sugar Sensual ran out. I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle or what but this is truly the most disgusting thing I have ever purchased. Like the previous poster said - Skunk - it smells like powdery plastic skunk musk that's past it's expiration date. Nothing sweet or sugary about this imo. Didn't get any fruity notes either. Nothing like PS I think.

It could be that Ross got a bad batch or something so maybe I just got unlucky but no way that I'd ever have the courage to spray myself with this stuff again to give it a second chance for fear it will be the same smell!

This stuff is strong too - I couldn't get it off of my wrists after scrubbing with soap for quite a while - I even poured vinegar on my wrists - still this stuff was embedded into my skin!! It was terrible because I ended up going to dinner, and I couldn't eat - as with every bite all I smelled was skunk musk.

My advice is stay away from this stuff at Ross - try it somewhere else first to see if you like it if you've never had any experience with this putrid perfume!

Brenda Legaspi

Got it a Ross for $12.99, first of all the cap won't close all the way. It smells a lot like cotton candy as the name says (Which i like) but has a weird note, to me it smells like skunk.. Yuck! Once you spray it that weird note disappears, i love the scent on my skin so much, i'll give it another try!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Whiteharmony, the chocolate/cotton candy combo sound nice but there is no such thing as chocolate essential oil, that would be a fragrance oil, make sure it is skin safe before mixing.

I love Pink Sugar and tried this because of the compairsons. On me Pink Sugar is much much richer, DCC is just too sweet and one note. DCC does last quite a long time but it never really "calms down" on me just stays sickingly sweet cotton candy for the whole 6 hours I've been wearing it for.

My 11 year old son loves sniffing the tester strip that I still have, it actually smells very much like Pink Sugar (on the strip) this morning (3 day old strip).

whiteharmony
whiteharmony

I have a difficult time where I live finding testers for various fragrances I'm interested in (especially discontinued ones), so when I saw Delicious Cotton Candy for an incredibly low price, I decided to buy it. I already have Pink Sugar and was curious about the difference between them (or lack of). A number of reviewers have said that there is less of a licorice note in DCC, but it was a strong note on my skin. In fact, DCC smelled almost identical to Pink Sugar, except that for some reason, it was cloying and too sweet to me, when the sweetness in PS doesn't bother me at all. I decided to layer this one always. Today I layered it with a berries and tulips scent and the combo was very nice. Tomorrow, perhaps I'll try it with a chocolate essential oil (or try mixing it with other things in a glass atomizer). This one was inexpensive enough that I feel free to experiment. :)

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

This is the BEST! Addictive!
I don't know what it is, but this is truly a pink cloud of sexy, powdery and delicious cotton candy!
Wanted to love Acquoilina's Pink Sugar, but that one, has the same smell, with a horrible, salty, buttery, almost .. (i don't know, some what of butter, salt, and celery maybe? Truly, ain't joking, i wish, that makes me wanna puke!) but, again, this one.. ah. deliriously sexy and gourmant!

xoxoRosita
xoxoRosita

This perfume is the most "foody" perfume I own. It's extremely sweet with cotton candy but it also has a very heavy topping of marshmallow. It's incredibly warm though, and reminds me of sitting by a campfire. It's made very well, but for some reason it just doesn't mesh well with my skin because it's almost too foody for me. I use it as an air freshener for my boudoir (:

Just found a sample and it smells oldish to me, a bit artificial, so I am not impressed by it many better gourmand scents out there!!

deidrene'
deidrene'

so in love with this scent!!!

bailarina
bailarina

This smells like its name "Delicious Cotton Candy" so if you like super sweet scents then you should try this. I detect the licorice and caramel notes which I like but are not overwhelming. I own both this one and Pink Sugar, and I like them both, they are slighly different. For me 1 difference is that the licorice is more easily detected in Pink Sugar, also Pink Sugar has a lighly toasted smell.
Even though this one gives me headaches I still like it. But I would not be able to wear it everyday. This one is for fall mostly, IMO.

illumi
illumi

Oddly enough, almost no one detects the licorice note in this…but that is the ONLY thing I smell, and I hate it. It smells like cheap licorice candy on me in the most horrible way possible...

annettepe
annettepe

i can see the resemblance of this and Aquolina Pink Sugar although i would say this is definitely a cheaper version of it quality wise and price wise. i made a blind buy with this since i almost ran out of my Pink Sugar and people mentioned that it smells identical...

i was quiet disappointed and i definitely prefer Aquolina as the sweetness in it is more real whereas in this its slightly synthetic and plastic like. Also it does not have that burned sugary/caramel note like Pink Sugar does making this fragrance less warm. Its also less strong but its still nice if you want a cheap alternative that smells somewhat similar. A lot of people who hate the burned sugar scent prefer this one instead.

i must say that this one smells more like a straight up cotton candy and sugar scent whereas Pink Sugar is more caramely and complex. i guess it depends on your personal preference...

witchchik11
witchchik11

Love this! Was a blind buy at Ross for $13. Thought id give it a try. The initial smell is a lil too sweet but within minutes......yummy. For the price if u like sweet smells i recommend buying this. You cant help but smile when you spray it. Have never wore this and not received compliments men and women alike

karenrobert

smells just like Pink Sugar with the same sweetness to the max, burned dry down, excessive diabetic shock. Just as the name described, it smells like a cotton candy factory exploded from the bottle. For the right person , this fragrant is magical. For the wrong person, it's an headache explosion straight from the bottle.

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

tried this today,i see the comparison between DCC and PS. however they are 2 different scents. the initial spritz the notes are the same, its in the dry down where these scents are different. in my opionion, DCC notes remains the same, the scent just doesnot change or develop from the initial spritz, it remain sugary from top to base note, while within 1/2 hour PS u get the vanilla and caramel sweet scent. longevity wise PS wins. both are amazing scents but i perfer PS.

denncita

this smells like cake and cake frosting. like cookies baking in the oven.... so sweet and comforting. doesnt last long though you will need about five sprays to really make it last. guys r really into this scent maybe because its gourmand i think.

topharrow
topharrow

I just hit this today from Ross for only 12.99. That is a 3.3oz bottle. At first spray it smells exactly like cotton candy. Then it stores down to a warm caramel, powdery scent which I love! Reminds me of a bakery full of fresh sugar cookies. Really nice. Although, I do not get many floral our citrus notes. Only sweetness. I am not sure if I could wert this to the office. Could be overwhelming to sensitive noses.

Angelina Evans
Angelina Evans

OMG!!! I love this perfume. I bought it at Burlington for $14.99. It smells exactly like my favorite Aquolina Pink Sugar. I can't tell them apart. Delicious!!!

Sammie7
Sammie7

Wonderful sweet fragrance! Many compliments on it....last a moderate amount of time. Gorgeous bottle!

karenrobert

a must for sweet gourmand lovers. I like this fragrant as it is similar to Meow, Can Can, Fantasy, but it's lighter. Many people compared this fragrant to pink sugar, but I find DCC smell milder and more balanced than Pink Sugar. Pink Sugar smelled burned to me. You'll love this fragrant if you like sugary sweet scents . I didn't pick up any heaviness. It's really like being in a cotton candy store!

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

I agree that Pink Sugar has more 'depth', because of the black licorice note. I have never noticed the 'burnt' smell others remark upon. Delicious Cotton Candy has more floral and fruit notes. It's also very similar to Pink Sugar Sensual, with less musk. I like all the Pink Sugars and Blue Sugar, but I like this as much. If it smells like Prince Matchabelli Cotton Candy, then I'm really looking forward to the arrival of my order of that one, too!
Have Prince Matchabelli and like it ok, it's much simpler than the others, and more fruity.
I must have gotten lucky-my plastic lid didn't smell like skunk!

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i was really surprised at how long this LASTED. usually only floral and woody scents last forever on me, but i sprayed a good 5 sprays at 7:30 and it was still quite strong at 5:00. next time i'll take it easy because it does smell like straight up cotton candy. great scent

ann.sundwall

I am so outside the target demographic for this scent...and I don't really like sweet, sweet scents; but I became curious after reading all the reviews for "cotton candy" scents. So when this appeared at Ross at a very low price, I took the plunge blind.

And...I am so outside the target demographic. I feel silly smelling like fairy/candy floss. But it can be sort of fun...when you are alone and it dries down a bit. Sweet. Just candy sweet. Like kissing the cheek of a candy-flossed toddler.

Except, as forwarned by previous reviews, there can be a definite "skunk" smell when you first spray it. The feline plastic cap has the same smell and appears to be the source. But it doesn't seem to affect the entire contents of the bottle. You can just spray once into the air (a bit of a waste) and the next spray smells okay. I would have returned it because of the skunky smell, but it was so cheap, and I am never going to finish the bottle anyway.

SBunny
SBunny

This opens very sweet straight away with an addictive, captivating aura of a soft and delicious cotton candy. When the fragrance develops there's a tiny tang from the licorice but it's mainly just pure sugary goodness.

This is definitely similar to Pink Sugar but with less licorice and less caramel. When Delicious Cotton Candy dries it becomes creamier with the caramel which mingles with the sugary cotton candy notes from the opening making this a sticky, sweet, sugar bomb. A true gourmand at it's best.

Lasting power and sillage are fantastic. A real winner!

giovilyanne
giovilyanne

My favorite out of all.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

If you are looking for a higher end, sweet, yummy candy scent with a lower end price tag, then look no further. G.H. Delicious Cotton Candy is the ULTIMATE!

IMO, this is not exactly like Aqualina Pink Sugar, which I liken to warm, thick, creme brulee with a baked sugar topping and a slightly heavier carmel note. Both of these frags are adorable, and fraternal twins? perhaps. However, the only identical trait is in their awesome staying power and projection.

G.H.DCC on the other hand, is pure, 100% scrump-dilly-icious, freshly spun, pink cotton candy fluff, with an amazing, ozonic quality, as if the scent were wafting through the air at an amusement park on a crisp, fall day. Ahh... what wonderful childhood memories this one brings back.

AND, this is a scent that seems to appeal to both sexes and every age group. Will you get compliments? COUNT ON IT!!

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

@sweetiepea1616 I just got this in the mail and it has a clear pink plastic lid and the plastic STINKS! It smells horrible and I'm praying it did not affect the fragrance inside. I've been wearing it for a few hours now and it smells alright, the lid just stinks! I almost don't want to keep the lid on it (which is sad because the tiger or lion on the top is really neat).

So I've worn this fragrance for a few days now, and I must say I'm very impressed with it. It's smells deliciously sweet and not overbearing. It smells of fresh warm cotton candy first, then a few minutes later I get a licorice scent, which isn't terrible because I really like licorice, and I think it makes this particular fragrance unique. The cotton candy scent lasts the whole time, it's just not as powerful as it is at first spray. I get a few fruity notes, but they are very faint and just kind of compliment the sweetness of the cotton candy, not make it stronger and annoying. The silliage (sp?) is amazing. I can smell this stuff on me for hours (granted I don't do a whole lot of heavy activity that involves sweating which would wear off the perfume). I really like it. I'm glad I purchased this and not Pink Sugar like EVERYONE else, it seems. And it was less expensive too :) Highly recommend!

Patricia40
Patricia40

I love it, this is my second Gale Hayman scent, my first is Delicious Feelings, which i adore also. DCC is simple, uncomplicated and sweet sweet sweet, in a light good way. Also the fragrance lasts so long, which i like. I didn't think I could wear this because I am 38 but I love it. I definitely recommend it :).

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy is exactly that, cotton candy! The ultra sweet scents of caramel, sugar, and vanilla mixed with subtle notes of strawberry and clementine makes this fragrance a delightfully sweet treat! Yumm!

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I expected to love it but i don't . To me there is a very strong licorice accord ( right usage of the term , I hope ) . That ruined it for me. Bummer .

jreyes366
jreyes366

I just purchased this fragrance today and I was so happy I did. I've smelled it before and i've heard a lot of great things about this fragrace.

For the past 5 or so years, i've been a loyal pink sugar girl. But I think this fragrance has changed my opinion on it. I know that this perfume was launched in 2007, 3 years after pink sugar.

But, this perfume I feel is prettier and less spicy. I have pink sugar on my left and and delicious cotton candy on my right and I keep smelling them side by side and I can't help but notice that pink sugar has a slightly musky and sour smell in the background while delicious cotton candy does not.

They are almost the same fragrance except for that one little deviant of the sour smell. I love this perfume and I think i'm going to be getting this instead of pink sugar.

Jadalee
Jadalee

i love this perfume it reminds me of fresh vanilla fields - cool and inviting.

mochaa
mochaa

I picked up this fragrance in a a gift set at ross for only $16.00! They also had the perfume by itself for $12.00.

mel4
mel4

I love a scent of sweetness but this is so fake and sickening. The only good thing is that it does not last that long. I had bought this thinking it would be a great scent to wear to work. As ateacher, I do not like wearing anything overbearing or flowery. This was just like wearing an air frehener.

elliselove
elliselove

more of vanila feel to it and definitely a cold weather scent :) not for summer... at all.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I love this...at first it's just like cotton candy right out of the machine. Lovely, very casual. Then the sweetness just blends with the musk and the fruit and leaves you with a wonderful smell that stays with you for a while. Like it very much.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

I got this on sale on Perfumania but it has a plastic top. Anyone have one with a plastic top? Hmmmm... very suspect. It smells like cotton candy, and yes it is very similar to Pink Sugar, however I prefer the creme brulee/cotton candy scent of Pink Sugar. I think Pink Sugar is a little more well executed and less cheap smelling than this. I don't really think it's necessary to own both.

Just to let people know.... these are very similar, but distinctly different! Pink Sugar has some burnt creme brulee as well as licorice notes, and Delicious Cotton Candy is just pure cotton candy/caramel with no dimension.

marisacb
marisacb

I want to smell this so bad! I love pink sugar minus the licorice smell and it looks like the licorice isn't as noticable in this one! At least that is what I'm hoping :)

Update.....I found this at Ross for cheap and I was soooo excited! It smells very similar to pink sugar but I do notice a slight difference. I think I prefer ps, but both are super fun fragrances!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

It is Pink Sugar and Pink Sugar is this.

Interchangeable, and both wonderful.

For those who can detect a difference between the two: either you are delusional, or I just suck at picking out notes. Probably the latter.

There is no licorice smell to me in Pink Sugar, and is definitely not in this bottle of D' Cotton Candy.

At any rate, if you love one, you'll love the other.

nikitajade
nikitajade

This is so sweet, but not overpowering. It is a lovely, playful scent. I can definitely smell the cotton candy and I do get the musky scent. The only complaint I have I guess is that I get no other notes whatsoever. The bottle, while I'm not in awe of it's beauty, the kitschy-ness of it does make me smile.

Jess1fireflight
Jess1fireflight

I own this perfume and Pink Sugar. There is a slight difference between both. DCC is way lighter, and prettier. PS is very strong and has a noticeable burnt sugar smell.

DCC is lighter, fruitier, extremely long lasting. Ive worn both to college and only this one gives me compliments. Most of the compliments are "You smell nice!" "Good choice of perfume!" "You smell so fruity, so sweet, so delicious!"

This definitely gets guys attention. and another plus..Its super cheap...definetly worth the money.

fath1ma
fath1ma

I wish I can have this as my collection candy perfumes. It has much great compliments here..and the best thing is...it's not an expensive ones ..!!! Can you imagine how happy I am if I can have it...?? ;D

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

What a perfect symphony of gourmand notes!
Delicious cotton candy is all I want from a tasty fragrance; juicy fruit and delightful sweets on a lovely woody base.
I have to agree with my beloved friend, Action, it does have a great lasting power and silage.
Even though I am in my thirties - I consider it a perfect everyday wrapping for chilly winter days.

Nkhouri
Nkhouri

All I got was powder on me, disappointing because I really thought I would like this one from the notes listed. Smelled very cheap and artificial on me. I don't get the Pink Sugar similarities. I think Pink Sugar is way better and a tad more refined and better on the dry down-if you are going to go the cotton candy/ sweet route.

PerfumeLovexo
PerfumeLovexo

ooo this perfume looks delicious! i have cotton candy spray by "body fantasies" maybe this one will be even better than that because this is a perfume! Can anyone tell me when it came out and how much it cost?

aqua76239
aqua76239

I have a small bottle of Pink Sugar and while I like it well enough, I was never wowed by it. After reading reviews on this scent, I wanted to try it and as luck would have it, I found it as local Ross store for under $12. This does smell just like cotton candy, has great siliage(you will be trailing cotton candy scent whenever you go)and lasts several hours which is way superior to Pink Sugar lasting power. Pink Sugar has a bit more fruit in it, I think but it smells very very simular. However, I prefer this to PS. The only thing I don't like is the huge bottle-I have to decant some so I can carry it with me because the bottle is very heavy.

shamima1994
shamima1994

This is not a bad perfume over all. The first day I got it, I fell in love with it instantly BUT as the days went on, I started liking it less. Although the name says 'Cotton Candy' many people have told me that I smell like a bakery, and someone even told me that I smell like a brownie, although I don't smell the brownie. On myself, I mainly smell vanilla along with a hint of cotton candy if I 'concentrate' on the smell enough. Overall though, this perfume gets a solid 7 out of 10. :)

Norgirl
Norgirl

Delicious indead. :)
very much like Pink sugar , A little softer and gental on the top note , But almost the same .
i like it so much i want to bath in this stuff ha ha . makes me jolly and smily.
i like so much the freshnes and child like feel this brings up in me .
jet it can totaly be worn by anyone IMO .
This is slightly more grown up then Pink sugar to me , a little softer and gentlar one the mixing off notes makes this more wearable .
I totaly love this stuff.
Im so glad i finaly got bottle off this one to compare to Pink sugar . thanks so much Karlee79 <3

SS79
SS79

OMG!! Like everyone else has said this is the exact dupe for Pink Sugar. I LOVE pink sugar and I think I always will.. I have never come across anything that remotly resembles it.. except THIS!!!!! LOVE it too.. I just find it a little less peppery.. but no one would be able to tell the difference.. but the bottle design..what were they thinking?? lol

Vamy69
Vamy69

Smells exactly like Aquolina Pink Sugar. I honestly cannot tell the two apart. Yummy!

jiminy_kittens
jiminy_kittens

This fragrance is a must have for cotton candy lovers!
It's light and really smells delicious!
Plus my boyfriend LOVES it!

Allyfally

I wrote a review for this before, but I just had to make another one.

This has become my "signature scent." It just agrees with my body and personality. I can wear any other scent, and while they smell good, nobody comments on them. Everytime I step out of the house in this, everyone tells me how good I smell. And it lasts for hours. I can put it on before I go to work, and when I get home and go to bed, I can still smell it.

I seriously LOVE this perfume.

Delicious Cotton Candy
Excelente persistencia, riquísimo perfume avainillado dulce, es similar al L de Lolita,
Pero sumamente más rico y económico. 10 puntos

para Gale Haymann!
Graciela

PerfumeAddict23
PerfumeAddict23

I really love this perfume. I bought this in a giftset at Perfumania for less than $25 which came with the 3.3 oz perfume bottle, the lotion, and body wash.

When I smelt it at the Perfumania store I was hooked automatically. I felt that it was super sweet and cheap so I bought it. When I finally wore it I was super surprised at how long it lasted. Considering I bought it for less than $30 I was expecting it to feel more like I sprayed on a body mist from Victoria Secret with a lasting power of about an hour or 2, but that wasn't the case at all.

For me, it's super sweet. People have told me before that it smells like a bakery full of lots of cookies rather than cotton candy you'd find at a fair. I'm not complaining though. The bottle is kinda cheap, but it's small enough for me to put in my bag and reapply if I feel necessarily. This is one of my fave perfumes. I'd recommend it to anyone that loves sweet bakery scents.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

It really does smell exactly like Aquolina Pink Sugar. I bought it at Ross for $12.99 for a 3.3 oz bottle. Super deal. The sweetness factor is high and the light floral touches grace the scent with a softness that makes just that more womanly. The lasting power is more than I had anticipated, which is a plus. It wears down, so lovely. I smelled fabulous for more than 5+ hours. With my body chemistry, the strawberry, caramel, and white flowers come through the strongest. Simply delicious.

krissycat
krissycat

Smells EXACTLY like Aquolina Pink Sugar.. infact I can't smell even the slightest difference. Luckily I love Pink Sugar so I'm not disappointed, its really down to, which bottle do you find prettier on your dresser? There's no need to have both. I think this particular fragrance has a much cuter bottle with the cat on the lid so I would say go for this one, it's probably a bit cheaper too when you buy online :)

Allyfally

Mine too has a pink cap, but its not really a big deal to me. I'm not wearing the cap around all day, afterall.

I love this scent. It doesnt really smell like cotton candy to me though.

And I agree, it does smell a lot like Pink Sugar... Theres one big difference though, I dont own Pink Sugar because it gives me a migraine the second I take a whiff of it. This one doesnt bother my head at all. Plus its a LOT cheaper.

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

This is a great value and is very long lasting. It's true to it's name and if you like sweet scents such as Pink Sugar, then you won't be disappointed.

pinkliciousx
pinkliciousx

i love the smell of this, spray alot on and it will last a LONG time :) but when I bought it I thought it wouldnt have a plastic cap, and when I saw it, I was kinda disappointed.

Wynter
Wynter

DCC is a soft, sugary vanilla. It's very light and inoffensive. Lasting power seems to be decent, although I did have to spray on quite a bit for it to be noticeable because it is so light. You won't leave a trail of scent, but someone leaning towards you will be able to smell it. Considering you can find large bottles of it at discount stores and online for about $20, I think it's a decent perfume. However, I prefer Pink Sugar to this, it lasts longer and has better silage on my skin compared to DCC. But then again, lasting power and sillage are dependent on individual body chemistry, so test next to Pink Sugar on your own skin and see which one you prefer (they are so similar, you probably don't need both).

i just love this sweet scent. it reminds me of aqualina pink sugar, but i don't think its an exact replica of it. if possible, this is even sweeter and more sugary. i love very girly scents and this is one of them for me. my hunny loves this. he says i remind him of a sticky bun. lol i guess thats a good thing. i just think it smells fun and sweet and happy.

10 out of 10 for me.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

WARNING to you DCC fans... I'll be going against the grain with my review.

I don't know who came out first, but this is an EXACT copy of Aquolina Pink Sugar, or vice versa!

I tested this on one wrist and then, out of shock and annoyance, I HAD to spray Pink Sugar on the other. And guess what, I couldn't tell the freakin' difference!

I hate when that happens.

Since I tested Pink Sugar first... out of loyalty I'm going to stick with that one for the long haul. Sorry DCC! I'm not sure if you're original.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

Sweet, Spicy and Very strong! I love this! The staying power is so good on me it lasts all day. It is certainly a dupe for Pink Sugar Aqualina with a pinch LESS licorice. And I mean a pinch! If you are looking for a slightly lighter and less expensive dupe I would go for Victoria's Secret Pink in Soft and Dreamy!

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

This is a cheaper dupe for Pink Sugar Aqualina. It has that warm vanilla smell that leaves men wanting to come hither. I love the warm scent of vanilla in the winter on my skin but I wasn't going to purchase Aqualina for $59. I bought the delicious cotton candy set for $10 (3.3 Oz. EDT, 3.3 Oz. lotion, 3.3 Oz. shower gel)

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

I really like this im usually a fruity person but this is really neat it takes you back to your younger years and it makes you fell good!!!! It smells just like warm freshly made cotton candy and i find i like this better than Pink sugar it has better staying power and the scent is just a tad bit better i dont know what it is it just has a little extra yum to it~~~

Revise....I LOVE this perfume it is fabulous.. i will never be without a bottle of this ever!!!!!

somtindiff
somtindiff

I love the dry down on this!! On me the dry down is a warm sweet french vanilla with soft and very slightyly powerdery candyfloss! There is also a touch of plum and caramel and a floral note which is really really slight.
When first sprayed it smells just like warm fresh candyfloss!! Not a great choice for everyday use but for the right occasion its gorgeous!

Revision to yesterday's post -
Still a nice scent ... but no lasting power. I actually wore it for the first time today and I couldn't smell it 15 minutes after a generous spraying.

AMOS' & SNAGGS' MOM

If you want a fragrance that smells like sweet sugar cookies - without that dreadful licorice note that ruins Pink Sugar - Delicious Cotton Candy hits the spot. Even though DCC lists licorice as one of its notes, too, my nose doesn't detect it. Whereas, with PS, the licorice note is so pronounced that it turns PS from a sweet, sugary fragrance into something more herbal-like. Someone here commented that PS is stronger than DCC but I don't find that to be the case. Both fragrances, in my opinion, are equal in strength and lasting power ( about what you'd expect from an EDT ). I can't compare PS or DCC with Angel, which I've never tried. Oh, and someone here commented that PS is a better buy that DCC. Actually, for the same size bottle of each, I paid $4.00-$5.00 less for DCC than I did for PS ( I purchase all my fragrances online and shop around for the sites with the best deals at the given moment ).

mandashell
mandashell

This is AWESOME and I love it!! It has one of the best combinations of delicious notes blended with cotton candy. Sweet, tart, sexy, strong etc. It manages to be awesomely sweet without being sickly. If Fantasy is too sweet for you or Pink Sugar is too artificial, then give this one a try. I think you just might love it. I DO! LOL! ALso has an incredible lasting time for an edt( still not sure that it is only an edt..? LOL! I guess in an Edp form it might kill someone!! o.O)and a great sillage. But for the gourmand lover in all of us this is the best buy on the market. Perfumania.com $20 plus free shipping in the U.S.

Update: Maybe, just maybe the lasting power for some is a thing of chemistry because this lasts for a minimum of 8hrs on my skin and days on cloth materials. IMHO, the lasting power of this is simply great!!! :'D

nyoka
nyoka

I have never been one for sweet fumes but,this is an exception.it reminds me of going to the fair.All the excitement,smells,flavors and of course,cotton candy.I loved it from the first smell.Just pure,long lasting sweet candy.ummm,and the price is great too.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

Another winner!! Once again, my boyfriend loves this one on me. He says that I smell sooo yummy....so this one is a keeper. It also lasts a long time on my skin. I will definitely have to stock up. This scent is now one of my absolute favorites. Cotton Candy is a sweet and delicious scent!! Ummmm yummy!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I really like it, but I can't wear it. The licorice note makes this sweet, sexy fragrance too sharp on my skin. It does remind me a little of Pink Sugar, but I actually think this one is better. And the bottle is so adorable up close! Mine has a translucent pink cap (vs. metallic).

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I got it based on the reviews and I like it. It smells sweet and delicious. It seems like it would last a long time on my skin I just sampled it on my wrist. My daughter will love it for sure. I think Pink sugar smells more like roasted marshmallows. This one smells more like cotton candy. They are similar but not identical. I don't like the bottle is looks very cheap and the tiger is clear pink not silver as pictured here.
Update: My daughter got Pink sugar and I'm smelling this one side by side and they are almost identical. I really can't tell the difference other than Pink sugar is a bit stronger. If you want a cheaper alternative Cotton candy is a great option long lasting too!

bamboowu
bamboowu

Delicious Cotton Candy is really wonderful for an inexpensive perfume...I ADORE this one very much.

I smell the sweetness of the cotton candy, but also the fruits, the fig, citruses, strawberry, licorice, vanilla, caramel and the blend of it all, well it is just so well done. I was most pleasantly surprised when I received this one, a blind purchase, and I am not sorry at all in getting this one. I absolutely LOVE it.

I find myself reaching for this one when relaxing at night, while having my chocolate snack, and just unwinding. Somehow, it just really relaxes me, and makes me feel good when I wear it.

If you enjoy sweet gourmand scents, that smell very yummy, or you like Aquolina's Pink Sugar, I think you will like this one as well.

This is one I will always have in my collection and is really a favorite of mine. Would I buy it again, absolutely YES.

Sillage and lasting power is great on me. Well done Gale Hayman!

I so much agree Dark Curls!
This is a true GEM!!!!
love,

Dark Curls

Wow I just noticed the notes here are VERY similar to Aquolina's Pink Sugar.....

Dark Curls

MMMMMMMM is all I can say!! I was half expecting a little girlish, overly sweet body spray type cotton candy. Boy was I wrong! This gourmand scent has some real depth do it, a little darkness if you will. It smells soooo good!!! A must try!

Dark Curls

i don't know why but i am super excited about this one! I don't really have anything like this in my collection. The closest would be Fresh Sugar.

karlee79
karlee79

wow! I love this scent, bought it today for $15.00 at Winners! what a score. I just love it's sweetness, and I can't wait to wear it.
This is similar to Pink Sugar, almost identical, but this perfume is more grown up version! Sometimes it reminds me of Tiger ice cream too.
My sister has worn Angel for like years and years, and there is NO perfume compared to it! especially this one!lol.
I cannot stand Angel, makes me gag, and this is my favorite perfume right now, so believe me when I tell you that it does NOT smell like Angel.

sharyssa

Thaigirl no to me this and Pink Sugar dont smell the same even though some of the notes are the same this smells more like cotton candy than Pink Sugar.

sharyssa

This is me and my daughters favorite! Smells exactly like cotton candy and nothing but. We love this and it lasts! Perfumania 16 dollars sold!

mwater1
mwater1

Delicious Cotton Candy is a treat for you gourmand lovers out there and a really good bargain buy to boot!

On the initial spritz, I experienced a juicy berry-like fragrance that I didn't care for very much. It was kind of like a shot of pink orange juice. Fortunately, that didn't last very long. About 20 minutes into the fragrance I was greeted with sugary cotton candy, strawberry, vanilla, and carmel. On the dry down there was a slight hint of musk at the tail end of the fragrance. That's pretty much how the fragrance evolved and stayed the rest of the day. It's not complicated, it's not glamourous, it's not a 'must have' fragrance. But it is fun, comforting, and warm. If you are not entranced by extremely sweet fragrances or don't enjoy smelling like a sugar factory---this is not for you. I found it to have good sillage and lasting power (about 6 hours)for the price. Would I buy it again? No. Will I enjoy it on those occasions when I'm craving the scents of comfort foods? Yes.
It rates 8 out for 10 for me.

bloodylipstick
bloodylipstick

I ordered this from eBay without having smelled it before. When it arrived,I immediately recognized the scent as that of Aquolina Pink Sugar, so I sprayed a spritz of Pink Sugar on one wrist, and a spritz of Delicious Cotton Candy on the other. All the way through to the dry down, the scents were impossible to tell apart. They both smell just like cotton candy, but with a slightly chemical note that only appears on me and never on other people that I've smelled it on. I do not think that it smells anything like Angel, but then again, I only smell Patchouli in Angel and none of the "gourmand" notes that others claim to smell. This one seemed have less staying power than Pink Sugar. The bottle cap is really cute with the cat on it.

Hi Mandi,
Would you believe this one stays LONGER on me than Angel!!

For all you Angel, Wish and other candylovers, this one is a MUST have!!

mandi
mandi

A less intense but more wearable alternative to Angel, however, it is not as long lasting as Angel.

it is a GORGEOUS scent!!!!!!!!!!

10 out of 10 for me!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Delicious Cotton Candy by Gale Hayman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Delicious Cotton Candy by Gale Hayman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.