Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Delicious Vanilla Gale Hayman for women

Delicious Vanilla Gale Hayman for women
dislike

Gale Hayman Delicious Vanilla was launched in 2012 Top notes: bergamot , jasmine and sweet pea . Heart: peony, lily of the valley and heliotrope. Base: vanilla, musk and amber.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

Far Away

Delicious Vanilla Fragrance Reviews

Valentina_Dreams
Valentina_Dreams

As far as vanilla goes, I enjoy mine dark and deep, not creamy or cheap, especially not on the sugary side. With this said, I was surprised at how wearable "Delicious Vanilla" is, and it is very easily blended with any other signature scent I have since I prefer warm notes. After trying Gail Hayman's "Cotton Candy", I was disgusted, yet awed at how strong and enduring the fragrance was. I wrote previously that with one spray of the Cotton Candy, I attracted a great deal of attention, much of it many hours after I had hoped the initial scent would have faded! But I had accidentally aimed the spray nozzle at my jacket sleeve, and it being a wool coat, absorbed the perfume a bit too well!

So far this vanilla is not the stink bomb as I found the cotton candy to be. It is a very comfortable vanilla that isn't too tame it's invisible. But I find it to be also very reminiscent of many vanilla scents this nose has experienced before. I strained to detect any other floral hints other than heliotope and peony, they were so creamed out by the amber and the strength of the vanilla, only the musk smoothed it into a solid cloud of mother's milk white silk, not too sweet or too bland to fit a Goldilock's tastes like mine!

Do I recommend? Yes, I believe I do. But only if you don't already have a nice standard vanilla scent in your boudoir that you don't want leaving you with a stale, powdery after-smell on your clothes and sheets.

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

something about the smell of this not acceptable to me...the backround chemical smell nauseates me also...and im the type that loves 99 pct of smells so...it just feels radio active to me...cool flask and yes,,the big cat on top stinks of low grade plastics..with odor...to each is own i suppose

Alovethatwasmorethanlove
Alovethatwasmorethanlove

This was a blind buy for me, I had a gift card to my favorite perfume store and had already bought what i wanted and had a few dollars remaining so I browsed the clearance. I am not disappointed at all! smells almost exactly like bath and body works warm vanilla sugar, which is my favorite from BBW! I also smell hints of amber and musk. this scent is very sweet, I love it!

matillyrose
matillyrose

Firstly I would like to thank parrothead58 for the hints on how to get rid of the stinking abomination of the plastic lids...it really does work. I have gone so far as not to put the lids back on, I just keep the bottles in the original packaging, in my perfume chest.

On to the perfume...this is a lovely sweet floral perfume with a vanilla base. I don't know why Gale calls it Vanilla because it has so much more going on.

When I was pregnant with my second child I wore Vanilla Fields all the time, it was my signature scent. I had really bad morning sickness all through my pregnancy and I found once my baby was born, sadly I could no longer wear Vanilla because it brought back the morning sickness. It is truly strange and wondrous how smell can trigger memories in the brain.

I tried this fragrance with trepidation because I was waiting for the trigger but I was relieved that I felt no nausea at all. Which makes me think this is not so much Vanilla as implied by the title.

So if you don't like a full on Vanilla perfume but something a bit more sweet, floral and slightly musky, give this a try it truly is Delicious.

parrothead58
parrothead58

I do not own this, I am an owner of many Hayman scents
but not this one. I wanted to let some that are new to her scents know that the lid on these particular bottles smells horrible of plastic. Try removing the lid and putting it off to the side (not in one of your drawers it may scent everything in there with plastic)then let the bottle sit for a couple of days. Give it a few sprays away from you to clean the line. Then retry, this has worked for me and I hope it will help those of you that has this but find you get that horrible plastic smell. Hope it works for you too.

tinadee
tinadee

I've read the other reviews stating that this fragrance smells exactly like BBW's Warm Vanilla Sugar, and they are right! If you like Warm Vanilla Sugar, you will like this perfume. Unfortunately, the scent didn't last on me at all. It only lasted about 10 minutes on my skin, so I returned it.

Sobe
Sobe

If you Love Vanilla & are looking to add one to your collection, this one is really Great!! It's Creamy, Fluffy & Delicious with hints of Floral, Musk & a lot of Heliotrope. Great to wear Alone or to layer.

Doesn't smell like anything else I own.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

I love this perfume. I have been looking for a warm vanilla sugar alternative by BBW because WVS just isn't strong enough for me. This hits the spot, it's stronger with better lasting power. At the very first spray you get a slight plastic note but that quickly dissipates.. As another reviewer stated below this one is more creamy and smoother. It seems to also have a buttery feel to it. It's like WVS that has been amped up. It smells exactly the same but has more oomph. I look forward to buying a back up bottle soon as I bought this lovely for only $10 at perfumania in the mall. So happy!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a lovely, simple sweet vanilla extract scent with just a touch of florals. The heliotrope is especially complimentary, giving it a sweet marzipan powdery character. There is also some of that 90's musk. Fairly linear -- scent stays the same all the way through. Lasts about 4 hours, good for casual wear. Subtle and not too sweet, could be a good worktime scent for vanilla lovers.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

A gentle white vanilla with a light floral presence.

Similar to a quiet version of Watkins White Vanilla - the kind you buy to create a truly white frosting. The musk and amber here are so soft as to be almost silent supporting notes. I especially like the touch of Powder provided by Heliotrope, whispy and charming. Fluffy white frosting WILL come to mind!

The only negative? Delicious Vanilla's sillage is so light as to classify as a body spray. Fortunately, the price is right! I use it on my hair, creating a soft, warm aura that accents other fragrances nicely.

perhapser
perhapser

Smells like vanilla extract with a tiny splash of musk- better to layer with other scents than as a stand-alone fragrance

PaintMySleep
PaintMySleep

I am a lurker on this site, and I don't think I have posted anything that I can remember. However, I have to give my two scents on this terrible concoction. The person who said it smelt like stinky plastic was right, worst blind buy ever and I love vanilla scents. I have a full bottle of this terrible garbage. I ought to just throw it away, if anyone wants it or wants to trade let me know. I can't stand this stuff....yuck.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Not bad, but not my favorite kind of vanilla perfume. Too much sandalwood and musk for me, I think. There is plenty of vanilla in it too, though,and the vanilla note is nice.
My husband likes this one. I prefer the Delicious Cotton Candy or Parfums de Coeur Very Sexy but Subtle Vanilla or Garden Botanika Vanilla.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

The entire "Delicious" line of perfumes has the same cat topper = stinky plastic smell, just throw that topper away! :-) I like this vanilla scent, it's great to layer with other perfumes which is exactly why I bought it. I just wish it had a little less musk!

sultaria
sultaria

Another great scent from this line. This is a very sweet warm vanilla. I like to layer this with other scents a lot. For everyone complaining about the skunk scent: it is NOT the perfume, you didn't get a "bad" batch. It is the plastic cap that smells bad, the perfume itself smells NOTHING like this, so please give it a chance to settle before arriving at the judgement that smells "like skunk". Or just send this skunky perfume my way. :)

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Delicious Vanilla...I'm lost here. I love vanilla. Did I buy a bad bottle ?? I found this at Ross the other day for 12$. I've always seen Delivious Cotton Candy in stores, and knew about Delicious chocolate and Amber from this site, but I never even knew there was a delicious Vanilla in this line. The lady working at Ross told me she's only seen the cotton candy and chocolate on the shelves, so I had to buy this rare gem. I wAs so excited, like a kid in a candy store. I would've been even more excited to find the Delicious Amber, but that's only because I already own a few handfuls of vanilla scents. But I love vanilla and I was proud to discover this, so why not?

On here, it's compared to warm vanilla sugar and vanilla lace , both are frags I own and like. I didn't find this comparable to either. This is a vanilla with a white floral twist, just as the notes suggest. Very unusual IMO. I was thinking this would be a straight vanilla. However, It's still linear despite the added white florals. The vanilla is very syrupy and synthetic, and there's this strange smell I can't quite pinpoint, but it kind of reminds me of a plastic doll head as strange as that sounds. So obviously, the vanilla wasn't too pleasing, and I very much dislike white florals, so this was an epic fail for me. It smells very cheap in any case. I wouldn't wear it nor would I pass it off to a friend. I was so excited to find this, but the excitement ended there. The only thing I liked was the cute bottle with the Kitty on it. I'm a cat lady for sure, so maybe I will be able have the cute bottle again once I try the other ones from this line. I've read the reviews for delicious cotton candy where people described a "skunk" smell. I kind of got the same problem here, so mane it is in fact a bad bottle. Who knows. I'm disappointed either way.

elliselove
elliselove

i got it today at ross for $13. i've been looking for it this month. i'm satisfied that i now have it... hopefully i savor this fragrance, too. i'm in a very 1st vanilla phase in life. lol maybe in spring, i'll have a citrus phase... or i donno what else is new out there to go nuts about :)

this is being compared to gold sugar, but I think GS is a darker and a bit spicier vanilla scent. it's also being compared to BBW's warm vanilla sugar. imo, it's more like bbw, but I think this is much creamier and smoother, even more warm and comforting. I prefer this one now. I find it to have great sillage and longevity on me and i love the fact that this just a straight up vanilla to my nose. even with all the flowery notes listed i'm getting mostly creamy vanilla without a lot of other things complicating it. I think this will be awesome for the cold days of winter.

Aspendina
Aspendina

very nice vanilla scent but doesn't last long

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

I had this one until I decided I had too many vanilla fragrances. It's very nice, and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't met their vanilla quota already. It reminds me a lot of Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar.

koyangi
koyangi

Delicious Vanilla seems to be a light, floral vanilla with a touch of musk and amber. (I am not good with deciphering notes either, sorry.) What I mostly smell is the vanilla, with touches of jasmine, amber, and musk. To me it is a light, pretty vanilla scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gale Hayman Delicious Vanilla fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gale Hayman Delicious Vanilla, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Delicious Vanilla by Gale Hayman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Delicious Vanilla by Gale Hayman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.