Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Heaven Gap for women

Heaven Gap for women
dislike

Heaven by Gap is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Heaven was launched in 1994. The fragrance features musk and jasmine.

Musk Jasmine

Summer White

Heaven Fragrance Reviews

Cake10
Cake10

This was the signature scent of my high school best friend. I wore Grass (and Fetish) and she wore Heaven.

High school was a long time ago and it's funny, but when I look back, this scent is very much like her personality!

It's an innocent kind of smell, airy, floral and completely clean. It reminds me of dolls. It's a very high scent, nothing at all earthy or grounding about it really.

My friend got good grades, was even keeled and went on to work in medicine. This polite, almost clinical but pretty scent was perfect for her.

pushya
pushya

It is the worst perfume I ever smelled. Grandma type yasmine scent.

wild_birde
wild_birde

I haven't stepped foot in a GAP since the late 90s. In Jr. High, however, I loved their clothes and a few fragrances they carried.

I adored Heaven. (And Grass!) I can smell it now - warm and comforting, inviting and pure. It's what I wanted Philosophy's Amazing Grace to be.

It was also a boy-magnet! I have very fond memories of very bad behavior (making out on a church bus, for example) from those days, and Heaven is like the "scent-track" for them. (Does anyone else have that? Like a soundtrack for your life's memories, but smells instead? Scent memories are very strong for me.)

At any rate, I had no idea that this one still existed. I will force myself through the throngs of obnoxious mall teens and see if one of the GAPs near me carries it.

Maenad1
Maenad1

It's been reformulated. I'm sure of it. The newest version, in the clear glass bottles, does not smell the same as the older version, in the frosted aqua bottles. If you like this fragrance, it's worth it to spend a few bucks extra and get the older version (you can generally find it on eBay). This fragrance has been around for a long time, though -- before GAP purchased this line of fragrances, they (Heaven, Grass, Earth, etc.) were owned by Mottura and often sold at quirky gift shops, particularly in the small glycerine soap form. I clearly remember the first time I smelled Heaven, back when it was still a Mottura fragrance -- it seemed like the best thing I'd ever smelled. Now I see it for what it is -- a variation on the China Rain/J. Lo Glow theme, but still beautiful in its simplicity. If you like soapy, shower-fresh, uncomplicated fragrances, yet you want something that has some lasting power and sillage, you'll like this. It starts out slightly sharp, but the drydown (which comes quickly) is where this fragrance shines. There's a little something else added to the white florals/muguet and musk that makes this fragrance memorable. It leaves a fragrant trail and people may ask you what smells so good.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I bought a small travel sized mist of this fragrance at a Gap outlet yesterday.

The first spray is really not all that great - sharp, very potent jasmine. It only takes moments for the fragrance to settle, though, and the end result is a perfect mix of flowers and musk in equal parts. Clean, feminine, and soft. I don't find it to be all that unique, but it is very similar to a lot of the fragrances I have found myself reaching for on a regular basis recently. In fact, it smells oddly similar to my newly found love Charlie White in the middle stages, just a little bit airy-er and with less depth and staying power (possibly because I own the mist and not the EDT). The dry down is very much like J Lo's Glow. As these are 2 of my all time favorite perfumes, I can't not like Heaven. I can see people who are a fan of TBS White Musk, Jovan's White Musk, JLo's Glow, and other similarly clean, understated, and feminine fragrances really enjoying Gap Heaven. It's too bad that it looks like the fragrance is being discontinued.

MichelleAntonia
MichelleAntonia

This is actually my Christmas/winter scent! I don't know how that came to be, but I think it's a perfect white floral. Not heady, but not overly flowery either. I will always rebuy it!

cassiopeia09
cassiopeia09

Gap Heaven is my comfort fragrance. I wear this to college and on days when I feel casual, either running some errands or lounging around eating chocolate. This fragrance is so beautifully simple. I pick outmostly jasmine notes and I love jasmine! It makes me feel clean, fresh, and feminine. Like I just stepped out of the shower!

Clean musk. Soapy. Very GAP. Reminds me of the 90's. Airy, clean and nondescript. I could see healthcare workers using this.

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

The scent is very clean and fresh as others have noted.

To me, it smells like lily of the valley mixed with other florals.

The fragrance does not last at all on either the skin or fabric.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

I've kept a bottle of this stuff (usually body spray version) on hand since I started wearing it in middle/high school. It just smells fresh and clean with a soft feminine touch. I love just walking through a spritz before I go work out or go to bed. I would not say it's a go to fragrance, it's more like a security blanket for me at this point. For those laid back, casual days where a real statement perfume isn't needed and I just want to smell a little fresher.

As far as notes go, the musk is nice and soft and the floral seems like a jasmine/lily of the valley mix. Can't go too wrong with classics like that! :)

ellachamp
ellachamp

This is one of the few unique scents I've ever smelled. Fresh and clean. I hate that most newer perfumes smell the same. Mostly vanilla. I was 14 when I first used Gap Heaven, I completely forgot about it until a year ago. I'm glad I started using it again. It smells lovely, not overpowering at all. It certainly does not smell cheap. This perfume is aptly named. It's really heaven in a bottle. If heaven smells like something, this must be it.

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

I purchased the EDT a few days ago, I tried Grass too and I can say I was impressed how nice they are; but Did I make a mistake? When I apllied it on my writs the next morning it smelled totally different(not heavenly), actually I can't say what it is but it's not same. I like it anyway, it has a very good sillage and this smells like hair spay. A few days later, to the wastebasket it went.

acavicchi
acavicchi

This fragrance is completely different than what I usually like: perfumes with mild woody, musky, warm scents, but I love it! It's one of the few floral perfumes that doesn't turn bitter on my skin and it just smells fresh, clean and comforting.

JungleSpark
JungleSpark

Very fresh and clean scent took a whiff at the gap last week and now I just can't get enough of it!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I love this frag...I used to wear it all the time in college. Not so much now... definitely when I want to lay back. Very fresh and clean.

actually to me this smells more like lily of the valley than jasmin. to my nose this is a light musky lily of the valley scent, maybe with some jasmin trickling in. altho only 2 notes are shown i think there are more, especially some green notes in this also. a nice daywear fragrance like most gap scents.

thinknice
thinknice

2 words MIDDLE SCHOOL! I wore this long long ago. Loved it then, not now.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I so fresh, and femenine..if you look jasmine..this´s the one! perfect fixation.

Neroli112
Neroli112

one of my fave scent. So clean, soft and lasting. Everytime i put it on i get a compliment. This scent has become my signature.

Anissa
Anissa

Very fresh and soft at the same time.Brings you on a good mood.Excellent with a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt and converse sneakers.I used to wear this in high school,but at the age of 33 I still love it and got a bottle for myself.Perfect everyday scent,clean, soft and fresh,but still unique.

romrom
romrom

A very nice clean scent, I love how it's not too strong but it still last a long time. This is not a sexy scent but a very pritty summery scent

astrofluff
astrofluff

I used to love this scent in high school. The thing I remember is getting a Heaven potpourri of sorts made of white feathers in a clear box for Christmas. Lots of happy memories for me as well as a few naughty ones like sashenka said.

Wynter
Wynter

Heaven was my signature scent in high school. I repurchased it recently for the memories. Heaven is innocent and pretty, it evokes warm spring days with clear skies. It's a simple scent (it really is just jasmine and musk), but it's very feminine. It's not really my style anymore, but it's a nice scent for teenagers and women who prefer light, airy scents.

merilu59
merilu59

My favorite spring and summer scent

Olefact
Olefact

I love the original Heaven, it's a scent that really transports you, unlike anything else that's been produced. It is a perfume with an impact, and to me one of the most ingenious concotions ever. You could smell the clouds in the mix. However this version has a new note. It ruins the perfume. I like all versions in the frosted glass bottles. Why mess with perfection?

sashenka
sashenka

Many, many filthy memories from this. Reminds me of doing things I'm not supposed to at a time I wasn't supposed to(13 or so) and getting in trouble. Probably the only reason I like it. Its banality and innocence make this somewhat of a cruel joke. I feel like I'm corrupting something fresh and naive when I wear this. Awesome.

meisha
meisha

My favorite spring and summer scent. Staying power is very good for the mist. My younger male co-worker commented "You smell so good!" A great light floral scent...not green at all because all I could smell is jasmine all day. I'm on my 2nd bottle of the mist and also bought the edt

guest_anji
guest_anji

I tried the body mist in GAP today. It was mind-blowing, very nice smell, it was heavenly! Wanted to try the EDT but there was no tester for it, so I purchased the body mist.

However when I tried it to my skin at home, it smelt bad and unclean (I only sprayed the tester to a card when I was in the store, bad move).

nixonnette
nixonnette

Our Gap store closed about 6 years ago, and even then, I couldn't find this fragrance here anymore. Last week I went shopping with my mom and boum! There was a Gap store at that mall. I ran inside, looking for Heaven... And I found it! I wore this about 12 years ago, and I still love it!

guest_Andrea
guest_Andrea

I loved this in university. I can't wear it now because the smell just goes too much with that specific time for me, but I still like to pull out the bottle and smell it sometimes- it's just so fresh, pretty and alive.

golden
golden

I completly agree with sandra.
So fresh but original. Reminds me of sunshine and the sea.

SandraS
SandraS

Very fresh and clean scent. Makes you feel like you just step out of a bath in a river or sea. Its reminds me of water and not of the sky. Perfecto for the hot summer days.

Heaven by Gap 3.98 out of 5 based on 135 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gap Heaven fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gap Heaven, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Heaven by Gap. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Heaven by Gap represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.