Designers » F-H » Leather « Groups

The Original Gap for women and men

The Original Gap for women and men
dislike

leather

The Original by Gap is a Leather fragrance for women and men. The Original was launched in 2007. The fragrance features plum, cedar and leather.

Plum Cedar Leather

The Original Fragrance Reviews

KaseyC
KaseyC

In my opinion, this perfume is more on the girl side than the boy side. In the first few minutes, the cedar note dominates and I cannot smell any leather in it. When it dries down, the plum note takes over and it's become very sweet. I'm a female and I like it. It's suitable for young working people.

dersire1702
dersire1702

this fragrance has a first note of dill leaves and then base is sandalwood. very long lasting and decent fragrance. I love this fragrance so much

nubbiemay
nubbiemay

I find this fragrance very strong and sometimes avoid wearing it. Not because it is strong but one note in there just gets to me. Only one other reviewer has picked up on it, and that is mint, Definately not dill! Apart from that I love the leather notes and it's very individual and long lasting echo.

pb0330
pb0330

this is a strange scent. i do really like it however. i do not smell dill at all, on me i get more plum and cedarwood. occasionally right when i put it on i get a faint minty smell too. it is slightly masculine, but women can definitely pull it off as it is a bit sweet. overall, i think it smells more expensive than a scent you would buy at the gap, i'm really liking it right now.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

dill indeed ! the rest is quite nice and the longevity is good, but the dill is so strong i could'nt stop feeling like a tzatziki or a pickle.

tomerits
tomerits

a very nice surprise,lovely scent with good longevity and very good price.a real unisex scent but not to feminine.
i love this one and highly recommend it.
my rank 4/5.

vertigo
vertigo

Gap The Original on my skin is a twin of Crystal Noir by Versace. Really!
Only even more intensive and more linear.
Very good sillage and tremendous staying power.

blueberry

This is my second voice on the marvelous GAP: I was astonished to read that some of the reviewers detect dill in it! I would never think of this, but I went and checked again - now I must admit this is not dill, but close to it. If you take dill and cover it with massive ammount of sugar syroup, well then maybe... But! Dill is a herb that is used in cuisine to flavor food, never sweet dishes, though - at least in the traditional cuisine(I enjoy fresh dill weed with potatoes and fish, for instance).
But since THE ORIGINAL is really sweet, it does not make much sense to me.Instead, except for distinctive sweet plum and cedar I would classify this sugary aroma (that some of you attribute to dill) as having something in common with coco and pineapple mix, like in pina colada maybe:)
Lovely sillage, great longevity, beautiful,uplifting & comforting scent and inexpensive at that.
What more could I want?

Otakar Ishar
Otakar Ishar

The Original Gap=L`Artisan Premiere figuier

gesch
gesch

high five fingerlicker: on me too the utmost, strongest note here is DILL 0_0

Well, more like cucumbersalad with a dill-dressing because there is some vinegar-note too... Such a weird smell I haven't smelled on me since SIMPLY by Clinique. Which I found stupendously intoxicating in the drydown, but in the top and middle was too much anise to be in my comfort-zone.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mean any harm to this scent: to the middle- and base-notes the Dill gets less, though unfortunately on me it never seems to leave.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I find this to be a very comforting smell for some reason. I often reach for this. I do not smell too much herbal or leather smell. I can smell coconut or vanilla which going by the other reviews my nose has missed the boat! I enjoy it so I guess that's all that matters and it lasts on me for ages. It is not offensive provided you don't drown yourself in it and it is affordable.

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

Wanted to like this one, great price, good longevity and sillage and all, but smell-wise all I get is dill! And it's not only my opinion. I don't wanna be that "look there goes the guy who smells like dill" man :))

Weird scent.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

When I was in the States last Christmas, this was my favorite scent. It put me in such a good mood. When I returned here in the Philippines (tropical weather), it made made me literally sick, twice! This one is unique but strictly for fall/winter season.

BTW, Gap had a store-wide sale at the time and got this one for $5!!! haha

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

man this is DA BOMB! you gotta try this!i cant put it into words because they wouldnt do it justice anyway. but this would put alot of of the big names to SHAME! nuff said.

blueberry

As a leather scent fan, I just had to get it. It was a blind purchase for me, and a successful one, although I must admit I do not detect the leather in it. However, the fragrance is just wonderful for me, the cedar and plum notes work fantastic together. It is powerful and uplifting, I do not know any similar perfume and am happy to have it. The EDT is impressively long lasting and suitable for both office and leisure time all year round except for extremely hot days. In general, it is a well balanced composition. Thumbs up!

andrevarx
andrevarx

It's too strange aroma reminds me of medicine, can not distinguish a nice leather, only slightly cloying.

It can probably be more suitable for women, but says it is unisex fragrance.

teedee
teedee

Original starts with fruits and a bit of wood....and then...BOOM! leather, Leather and more LEATHER!

very strong leather with a hint of fruity vanilla. but the leather dominates very very much. thankfully the silleage was not big...

edit: later on, the leather evaporated and gave me a rather nice creamy vanilla. if..and only if i can stand that leather bomb in the middle notes...i will definitely buy this one...

not something i would wear. but i can imagine it might smell wonderful on the right person with the right chemistry...

Lailica
Lailica

I am in love with Gap the Originals. It is a bit sweet and "smokey" at the same time, all the way from the first notes to the end. I thought the leather would made the frag strong, but I smell just little of it. The tabacco is more pronounced (to me) but is is so in tune with the sweetnes that my nose picks up a bit of the fruit and then a bit of the smokey aroma. I am glad some of the online stores here in Brasil are selling Gap fragrancies at a good price. I am ordering others from the company to try on.

Cassiano
Cassiano

My first impression of this scent was: "God, it is very powerful!" And this impression continues up to now.

This cologne is strong, and has the power to invade any environment. It is dry and sweet at the same time: an aromatic bomb made by leather and plum, with a touch of cedar.

For those who enjoy a strong scent, which is woody and with a full-bodied and sweety base, this cologne is an excellent choice.

And don't be fooled by the popular history of the brand, because all the colognes of the "The Individuals" are excellent and have projection and lasting over many others that cost twice as much or more.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Floral woody, it´s top notes are grape, black leather, cardamom, plum and fig. Heart notes are violet and jasmine. The base notes are woody tabac, cedar wood, sandalwood, creamy vanilla and musk bark.

At first it´s very oriental, because of the cardamom and the leather notes, but after a couple of hours it gets woody and well behaved on the skin. I love it.
Perfect to use at the office, not very intrusive.

guest_sean
guest_sean

very oriental, sweet, and intense smell.

I love the plum note that it has.

I bought this when it was launched, and I suggest this for winter or nightouts..

The Original by Gap 3.91 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gap The Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gap The Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Original by Gap. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Original by Gap represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.