Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

White Amber No.541 Gap for women

White Amber No.541 Gap for women
dislike

White Amber No.541 by Gap is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. White Amber No.541 was launched in 2007. The fragrance features amber, woodsy notes and bergamot.

Amber Woodsy Notes Bergamot

White Amber No.541 Fragrance Reviews

ZELJO
ZELJO

old times smell,like an antiquies shop, much more suitable for men than women and in spite of sweet ingredients its dry and sour at the same time than sweet,could lasts a little longer but anyway quite ok when seeing how affordable this one is, good for daily uses all year long except in July-August,

calyx93

has a very pleasant, papery quality - reminds me of second hand bookstores.

swedishclare
swedishclare

Interesting. I tried this without checking the notes so as to get an "unbiased" impression. What I got was a fairly linear warm but dry amber with a sharp sweet honey underneath. I really did not like the first five minutes, but it settles into a nicely unisex scent on me (must get my boyfriend to be a guinea pig and try it on him). I can't pick out anything other than amber and honey in it at all.

I am going to try layering it with Gres Cabochard, to see if it will warm that one up a little.

icecube
icecube

Nice opening - very similar to Prada Amber.
A little lighter - moore of a vanillavibe to it.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Hmmm, I do believe I've discovered another one of those underrated/hidden little gems!! This is a lovely, luscious, woody sweet fragrance that is stunning on balmy summer days. Oh, and the amber is almost oozing out of the bottle! I get a small hint of the bergamot on the dry down and there's a hint of muskiness in there too. To really appreciate this fragrance, you to have a massive penchant for amber.

I like the look of the bottle too. It's quaint - kind of like an old fashioned apothecary bottle you would have bought from a travelling physician about 150 years ago.

nickflick
nickflick

Australian members will know what I mean when I say this smells exactly like kole beer.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I can never really deside whether i like this or not :( Maybe it depends on what mood i am in? I have it as a small sample, and i am not sure if i want to buy it in a bigger bottle or not :/

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

Sigh. I found this crazy cheap and checked reviews still, before I purchased blind. I was let down.
Take a lovely creamy ambery, smooth perfume that you really like. Put it on. Now spray windex on top. Now you know what this smells like :( Boo

chiccroc
chiccroc

This one's a good stuff. Clean, soapy, and spicy, yet fresh at the same time. Does not evolve much. Good projection for 3 hours then linger close to the skin. I like to wear it in the fall/winter and summer rainy days, it feels like a warm comfortable wrap. My friend said this one smells sexy, and I agree.

lupofamoso
lupofamoso

This one has unisex values, I like it, doesn't last quite long but, it's fresh and sweet.

Annah7
Annah7

To me it is almost a copy of Dior's Dolce Vita. Very very very nice. Good staying power. I am surprised nobody noticed the similarity.

calyx93

Smells a bit like sweet sawdust - it has an aromachemical that is very familiar to me, but I can't place it exactly. A very hot, dry, synthetic and dusty note. I think it's Also used in Burberry Brit for men.

Anyway, the bergamot and vanilla lend sweetness, but they soon give way to this very dry, woody, arid note - and it's nice, actually. Since buying it for only $9 at a discount store, I've taken to layering it with lighter scents needing a strong, woody base.

Believe it or not, I accidentally layered this with Ungaro Diva and came up with a very interesting masculine scent.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I don't know what to think about this one...
At first, I thought ok, a little tangy with a sweetness, almost like vanilla, not bad.
Then after a few minutes all I got was a strong hot cedar (yes,cedar not cider) mixed with bitter citrus peel. There's a slight hint of the dreaded plastic doll note as well, especially skin close.

Kinda loud, kinda obnoxious, kinda masculine.
It also has the sillage of a freight train.
Cloying, annoying and suffocating at this point.

Ok, my mind's made up...scrub and toss.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Nice and warm for winter,i like it a lot.Maybe somewhere similair to bvlgari black.Not one for the sweetscentlovers,more dry and unisex type of scent.My favourite of all theese.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

A very dry woods perfume that sometimes smells like powdery amber and at other times amber on fire. It could be unisex for sure. If your body chemistry doesn't sweeten the scent a little then you probably won't like it. It's a very intense and powerful perfume, but it needs something mixed with it like vanilla or musk. No wonder it was discontinued. Gap loves more generic scents.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I really enjoy this scent; rich and warm but a little too sweet for the warmer months. Perfect for fall though! This is amber with a spicy side, use it lightly or it may over-power.

guest_Jojo
guest_Jojo

this is one of the most beautiful perfumes that i've ever smelled in my life. i stole the rest of the bottle that my mom had and then my best friend borrowed it from me for a white because she absolutely loved the scent. i wish they were still making this one.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

This smells of alcohol wipes even hours after you apply it that and bugspray.
If you want a woodsy amber go with With Love by Hilary Duff.It's much much more wearable than this mess.

It is a simple sweet woody amber. I find it similar but more light and pleasant than Sensual Amber from Bath and Body Works. I think the wood tone sets it apart.

JenAirz
JenAirz

Didn't like the smell of this one, too woody for me, don't know why I couldn't even smell the amber. I gave it to my mom a few months back, last time I went to visit it's almost half empty, looks like she liked it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gap White Amber No.541 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gap White Amber No.541, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Amber No.541 by Gap. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Amber No.541 by Gap represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.