Designers » F-H » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Geir Ness for Men Geir Ness for men

Geir Ness for Men Geir Ness for men
dislike

Geir Ness for Men Geir Ness for men Pictures

Geir Ness for Men by Geir Ness is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for men. Geir Ness for Men was launched in 2006. The fragrance features citruses, floral notes, woodsy notes, green notes and spices.

Citruses Floral Notes Woodsy Notes Green Notes Spices

Habit Rouge Sport

Geir Ness for Men Fragrance Reviews

groover
groover

First time i tried this one i found
it to be a bit old school and not a
perfume i would like to wear.

Now years have passed since that first try
and i have now been wearing this for
a week, and man this is some good warm
and spicy floral scent.

I have gotten some compliments on this one,
i think its quite unik and also unisex as its
quite soft, a good perfume from my own
country for sure. The sprayer tho is crappy you
need to pull it up everytime you push it
down.

ITBoa
ITBoa

Just got this fragrance today from an online purchase and decided to wear it to work, and boy is this stuff familiar smelling (but in a good way).

I am not sure what Allure Homme Sport smells like, but I do have several bottles of Versace Pour Homme (which apparently is supposed to smell a lot like Allure Homme Sport).

I absolutely love Versace Pour Homme, to me it reminds me of going to the pool with friends during summer when I was a kid. Perfect summertime/hot weather fragrance which has amazing performance despite being a 'freshie'.

Geir Ness to me is incredibly close smelling to Versace Pour Homme, however Geir Ness is a bit more 'musky', a tiny bit spicy, and much sweeter (it actually has a bit of a unisex vibe to it IMO). It's not as sporty as Versace Pour Homme, but still has that unmistakable DNA. If left without direct comparison, I bet many would identify Geir Ness as Versace Pour Homme. The very core of this scent is nearly identical (at least to my nose).

A great way to look at this frag is to consider it as the older brother, and evening version, of Versace pour Homme. They are two very distinct scents that are surprisingly similar (if that makes any sense). Also ironically, both my Geir Ness and Versace Pour Homme bottles have the worst sprayers ever.. they seem to get 'stuck' more often than not after a spray. I think of all the 60+ fragrances I own, these are the only two that do that. Weird, right??

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The Nordic people surprise us right!?
An amazing and unique fragrance to.
Surprised by the sense of well-being that this perfume because the floral bouquet seems to have jasmine, hedione in this case, white flowers in general, which gives a creamy, almost smell comfortable vanilla at the same time, which blends well to the temperate citrus chord.
Then appears the woodsy tone, none stands out here, all interact and talk without taking the place of another.
I can call this like a creamy floral sparkling mix and slightly woody, verging on perfection with your balance, and the best, totally off the radar.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

another all over the map reviews fragrance...lasts forever...only last 30 min...can smell after i was clothes....no umph to it....geezzzzz......pass just on the reviews so crazy

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

EDIT: My only issue with this is that the bottle you receive is not the bottle advertised. Other than that, I have no complaints with this fragrance.

I had a bottle of this that I ordered from Amazon a few years ago, and got nothing but positive feedback. It also helped that I enjoyed the scent myself. Just reordered this from Fragrancenet. Can't wait for it to come.

lee99

djews - I'm so jealous! I just love this scent but there's just no oomph to it. Maybe I just need to buy another bottle to see if I have the same problem with it...

djews
djews

It does last a long time, can smell it on clothes still after they've been washed. I can't imagine it only lasting an hour or so on some people because I find the performance to be very consistent. It definitely forms a nice little cloud around me as well. Overall performance is not a problem whatsoever.

The scent itself is well blended, I struggle to pick out individual notes but I've never been great at that anyway. What I do pick up on are beautiful florals with a warm woodiness and vanilla floating around always in the background but it's a different type of vanilla than what I've come across before. The end result stays quite dry and powdery and doesn't steer in the creamy direction that I first thought it would, that's where the genius came into the blending and gives it a slight bit of masculinity without getting overly feminine. With saying that though, it actually is still relatively feminine and a woman could easily wear it.

What I was after was a floral scent that brought something to the table that no other one I've smelt before has done. Geir Ness answered in a very big way. It's exactly what I was hoping for when I went on the search. A truly beautiful creation and I'm very fortunate to have come across it.

Dead Disney
Dead Disney

Sweet, but not in a feminine way. When I first purchased it I thought to myself, 'Man, this stuff is no where near as long lasting as they say it is'.

Wrong.

Sprayed it on my hand last night and not only can I still smell it 9 hours later, but it's VERY noticeable. Good thing I continued to test it and didn't go wild on my pulse points before heading out for my day. I might have made a few people tap out.

lee99

I really love the smell of this a lot but the darn thing only lasts 30 minutes at best and no sillage at all.

I see comments below on how strong it is and to be careful so that leads me to believe I have a crappy bottle of it. So the question is - do I buy another one? perhaps a vintage version? I guess time will tell..

williamvargas
williamvargas

i have been testing this out and I am really enjoying this fragrance, it is a delightful aromatic clean smelling, masterfully blended floral/citrus/musk. Geir Ness does lean toward a sweeter vibe but just enough to not over doing it. As sweet as a man can smell and still smell masculine. Geir Ness was an instant winner for my wife.. she commented several times about how much she enjoyed the fragrance. Geir Ness is a wonderful fragrance for the office and yet is romantic. I get excellent projection and longevity from a small amount. Very positive feedback for me after trying it out at work. I tried it with 3 short sprays. GN would make a marvelous signature fragrance. A very versatile fragrance IMO. On me this seems to be a linear fragrance and does seem to be long lasting. I am trying to think what does this remind me of ? I just cannot put my finger on it but I think if you enjoy fragrances like Platinum Egoiste or Pour Monsieur from Chanel. This sort of reminds me of that clean fresh smell you get from fabric softener .. maybe a cherry thrown on top. Nice stuff.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I tried some of this in the Norway store at EPCOT; sprayed some on my arm. I didn't like it at all because it's way too floral for me.

When I got to the Italian section at EPCOT, the guy at the fragrance section sprayed the other arm with a sweep of Prada Infusion d'Homme. I bet you could smell me coming from a mile away that day.

TAvez

Freddie, i just received another package today, and yes, indeed the bottle has changed but the scent stills intact as once I knew in 2010!

freddiefingers

I have just seen this coming in a new packaging and that includes the bottle.

Can anyone confirm if the scent has been 'compromised' in any way?I have been around for some time to know that once packaging is changed,some other things have to give.

I will treasure the bottles I have of this for a long time.Great scent

TAvez

I knew this cologne for the first time on Epcot Norway Pavilion. Since then, this fragrance reminds me each moment of Disney-word, which place I had the bests moments of my life. Its scent is awesome and pleasant and its longevity lasts about 8 hours on my skin. I usually receive tons and tons of compliments wherever I go. Either college or even gym environment, since the fragrance is the uncommonest one where I live. I 'd like to say as well that its scent does not change since I spray it into my body until its ends.

Lots of compliments to Geir Ness, the creator!

Deefit

It has a soft scent, floral. But very subdued to my nose. It did not last long either, and wasn't very strong or powerful. I felt that the positive reviews about this were giving it too much credit. I was nothing special at all, to me.

brent0529
brent0529

Cherry, floral...Pleasant enough I'll say.

vonMises
vonMises

This might be called a fresh floral oriental. It has a finely weighted amber-vanilla base. It is faintly woodsy, too. Super high quality. Highly recommended.

This is NOT spicy.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

This one deserves more attention than it gets. Like so many, I first smelled this one at the Norway pavilion in Epcot Center - a strange place to experience a fragrance, but interesting nonetheless. If this were a featured fragrance at the typical Sephora, it would probably outsell Acqua di Gio - seriously.

This is a soft and cool fragrance that can be worn year round. In the absence of specific notes, it can be difficult to discern what's actually going on here. You get primarily floral notes on top - perhaps some orange blossom, lavender, the suggestion of iris, and a nice dollop of wild herbs. The base is primarily vanilla, but there is assuredly some woodiness here as well - not cedar or sandalwood but more akin to oak (as in wine barrels) or birch. In the drydown, the effect might be called "guerlain-lite" - also somewhat similar to Caron's Pour un Homme due to the lavender-vanilla interaction. Lastly, this actually has very good longevity as well - at least 7-8 hours.

Geir runs about $60 for 100 ml. For the money, this is one of the best bargains out there. On the one hand, I'm glad this isn't too popular or well-known (so those of us that wear it feel unique). On the other, this is so much better than most of the designer frags out there and I'm tired of smelling populous crap like Allure Homme Sport, 1 million, and others. That brings to mind another comparison - most guys who wear YSL L'Homme should switch to this. This and the YSL are similar, but this one is both fresher and more subtle.

Deefit

It's almost as if I were looking at the notes for Voyage d'Hermès. Does this smell a bit similar or is it different?

Okay, it's quite different. ;-)

Redbeard
Redbeard

Geir Ness is really unique: a crisp, effervescent cherry soap with grasses and herbs, and the slightest bit of vanilla. It's very sweet, but maintains its freshness surprisingly well and thus for me remains a summer scent, though fairly winter-compatible. The best analogy I can think of is a midsummer day high in the mountains, where the wind and the altitude prevent it from ever getting very hot. Like my old cheapo Coty Gravity, the florals are distinctively fizzy and polleny, but here they last into the base. In general, the scent changes very little but I don't think that's a problem.

But what's the association that always brings a smile to my face with Geir? It took a while for me to recognize it, but the box where I keep my collection, even while not holding a bottle of Geir, smells like Geir. Geir smells remarkably close to the average of all the scents I own. It's fresh and sweet, summer and winter at the same time.

yacoco
yacoco

Simply Romantic more like natural scent liner doesn't change so much
Best rose scent for men safe and soft well balanced great in spring
also I love the geir ness for women it has the same vibe

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

MUSK! There is a very distinct floral muskiness to this. Maybe could even serve as a modern substitute for Scott McClintock. Unique fresh floral smell with lovely smooth wood supporting. Nicer than it seems at first sniff. Give this one a proper wearing to experience what it really has to offer. Perfect for spring!

del
del

Geir is a floral scent that smells fresh, clean, and pleasant. It also has some element of coolness and sweetness to it. When wearing this, I imagine myself lying in a grassy field around brightly-colored flowers on a sunny and breezy day of pre-Spring season. Comforting and relaxing.

The longevity is pretty good. Despite of its softness, I keep getting whiffs of it for five, six straight hours, before it sits on skin the rest of the way.

Thumbs up for Geir; it’s the kind of scent you’ll never get tired of smelling.

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Wasn't sure how to feel about this frag at first. Initially I thought it was too floral and not masculine enough. After a couple wearings, I have grown to really appreciate it. It's an awesome fragrance that when a whiff of it hits your nose unexpectedly, it catches your attention and leaves you thinking; "Damn that smelled good". Might not be for everyone, but anyone who wants something that is fresh, soft, and mature this could be it.

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

totally underrated fragrance! I wonder why people dont talk about this one, maby hard to find? :)
I love it great longevity and project for like 4-5 hours.

Its too floral for me. It is probably unisex thing.
This is not the scent of men. 2/10

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I first smelled this cologne in EPCOT, Florida. We visited Norway and got on the ride. After the ride was over it takes you straight to the gift shop. As I entered, the smell was so delicious that I asked the woman there what it was. She said it was the Geir cologne for men. I tried it and bought it righ away. I love the clean scent and it lasts a very long time on me. I have bought 2 bottles since then.

funnyboy
funnyboy

Very fresh at first and floral with a vanilla dry down.Got for a song on e bay but glad I didnt pay full rrp as never smelled it before.Bought it based on reviews.
Very potent and long lasting do not over apply as it could be headache inducing.Nice masculine bottle and strong spray.only use 2 or 3 of these sprays and it will last all day.Cant say that it is especially natural or that it reflects my impression of Norway,having visited various regions on different occasions.Wouldnt say it was a suitable office fragrance as some people might take a dislike to it due to the projection and strength.
My marks out of 10, probably 7 but havent tried it on an evening out.

crownjules
crownjules

Geir Ness is one of my favorite frags. It's incredibly versatile and can be worn any time of year for many different purposes. Longevity is among the best and the sillage is great.

It doesn't develop much over the course of wearing it but that's fine by me. I don't need every scent, especially one that smells so great from the get go, to be a complex journey. Geir Ness intermingles spicy, woodsy, and sweet notes perfectly to create a concoction that falls in the middle of all of those. That's the key to its versatility.

It dries down quickly to a "blob," but it's pleasant. I just don't happen to like this combination of notes for some reason (possibly due to some calone?). There seems to be some jasmine in here, giving it a hint of a "suntan lotion" quality, so if you like that you may want to sample this one. There seems to be violet leaf but not much. It's not too sweet and it's fairly well balanced, but dynamism isn't especially good. If you are looking for a floral/herbal aromatic fragrance, look elsewhere, as this one is soft, a bit vanillic, clearly floral (in a soft or wilted way though), and with a touch of something that doesn't smell "natural" to me ("laundry musk"?). I think I was hoping for a bit more violet leaf, along with juniper berries and creamy citrus, but no calone (or whatever it is that is bothering me here). To me Dream Angels Heavenly is actually closer to what I'd hoped this would be!

Barolo
Barolo

I almost blind bought a bottle of this due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Fortunately, I used "try before you buy" and am the better for it.

This one reminds me of a body lotion or sun tan lotion. It's not a terrible smell, by any means, but not what I was hoping for.

The more I sample the more I realize my tastes are not in line with the crowd.

I'm clicking the "like face" even though it's the faintest of likes. Don't have the heart to choose dislike for a frag I had such high hopes for.

If this is the best of Norway, I think I'd book a flight to Sweden instead. :)

EDIT: It just hit me what this smells like...it smells almost exactly like the bottled hand sanitizer at my place of employment. Changing to dislike.

soned
soned

Of all the fragrances I own, there are 5 that I really like because, to me, they can be use anytime, anywhere and they will fit perfectly, they are as follows in order of preference;
1- Allure Homme and/or Homme Sport (same to me)
2- Geir
3- L'eau D Issey
4- Dior Homme Sport
5- Baldessarini

They all are fresh, but have some kind of sophistication, creaminess, good projection, good longevity and all of them can easily be signature scents.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

Wow!!! I purchased this blind from the USA as it is not (to my knowledge) available in the UK and it is amazing. The amount of times I fallen in love with the top notes of a fragrance only for it to dry down to a shit woody amber within minutes...well this is just basically a glorious top note that just goes on and on.
I'm afraid I don't get the Chanel allure sport references but I do get the joop jump/go ones.However,this is a class apart from those.

Grottola
Grottola

While Geir came first, I can't help but feel that it's a more refined, classier version of Joop! Jump. While Jump is a straight-up fun amber/orange in the style of Blue Jeans by Versace, Geir takes that accord and smooths it out a bit so it's not as sweet and a wee bit more floral. Very well done, but at this point I'm sick of Joop! Jump and I couldn't wear this one.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This has a very similar tune to that of Allure Homme Sport. I have seen people say it doesn't but I own both, just receiving Geir recently. Now the difference is that Geir has a vanilla aroma, where AHS has the sort of synthethic citrus. I think Geir would definitely be more classy, mature and maybe appealing to the masses. I call it the sweet nothing. Nothing stands out in the scent yet it is outstanding. Think of Tim Duncan. You are never wowed by his game, but he will possibly go down as one of the top 5 players to play the game and maybe the best at his position. It is spicy, sweet, floral with a hint of citrus. Projection is above average and longevity is perfect. I wouldn't see anyone not wanting to smell like this and this could be the one bottle guy's one bottle! Overall I give it a 5 out of 5. It is everything you want without being anything you don't want. The only thing it lacks is the marketing ingenuity.

freddiefingers

very tough for me to describe this as the first time I used it I knew I had smelled something similar but wasnt sure if it was chanel allure homme sport that some compare it to-albeit this being for older men.Chanel Allure Homme sport is too citrusy and sharp for my taste and I really dont see the connection here.

I do identify the floral,soft citrus and yes,it is toned-down spicily sweet.it doesnt offer much by way of transitions.what you get after 10 minutes is pretty much what you get 24 hours later in my opinion though toned down.

It is a sweet,soft-smelling fragrance which when over sprayed can be overwhelming to the nose after all this is an EDP-comes in 50ml and 100ml. the bottle I must say is a thing of beauty.

highly recommended for those who want slightly sweet,citrus floral scents.

mal23
mal23

Geir starts clean and nice, then turns a little to spicy on the middle and base notes. Overall a 6/10

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

Yep,this is the one.In my top 5 out of 300 something bottles.

guest_Oslo-fjord
guest_Oslo-fjord

Absolutly amazing perfume! Very fresh, and elegant. Suitable for all occasions, and eny time of the year. Longevity is very good! This is a very soft and comforting scent.

afraafra
afraafra

Great spicy scent with good longevity, highly recommended

michael
michael

When I think of Norway I think of clean. Geir perfume,on my skin,starts out pleasingly clean and fresh and after a few hours turns into a very nice masculine flowery scent that has excellent longevity. All in all, a very nice perfume at a very reasonable price.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Geir Ness Geir Ness for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Geir Ness Geir Ness for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Geir Ness for Men by Geir Ness. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Geir Ness for Men by Geir Ness represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.