Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Genny Genny for women

Genny Genny for women
dislike

Genny Genny for women Pictures

Genny original is a perfume launched in 1987. It features the notes of rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, patchouli, oakmoss, olive blossom, marigold, musk, ambergris, petit grain and cardamom.

It is available as 75 ml EDT.

Bergamot Pink Pepper

Albert Nipon

Genny Fragrance Reviews

Taronga
Taronga

Just received my 5ml triangle tester from the ebay.
This is such a nice vintage scent, really classy, elegant and feminine and it is very similar to Yohji Yamamoto Essential! For me this is an evening scent, I imagine black dress and high heels and champagne and all the movies from 80s, like Moonlighting, Cybill Shepherd must have been wearing that... =)

Henriette
Henriette

I used this one in late '80es.
It was the triangular bottle (as Blaiseantoine points out), and the correspondent spray version was identical to the one portrayed here.
I recall it was very similar, almost identical to Aromatics Elixir. Everybody kept asking me if I was wearing AE.
I loved Genny a lot and when I could not find it any longer I switched to Aromatics Elixir.
Yes, the two are very very similar, same concept, same elegance.
Very good, long lasting chypre.
Then reformulation came and it was cheapened and destroyed.
But then it was a
MASTERPIECE

I had it back in the '80s and I still have a mini somewhere, almost gone, in the tringle bottle. That was the real stuff and sooo powerful! It smelled similar to Aromatics Elixir, but it was much more into white flowers and much less herbal/aromatic.
A great scent with great lasting power, sillage, nuances and glory.
Just not anyone's cup of tea.
Back in that time I took these perfumes for granted as if they were going to stay there forever. I had no clue on what would happen later in this era in perfumery.
A few years ago Genny or whoever is Genny now came out with a riedition of this one. I was naive enough to think that they wanted to get rid of old pieces...
I bought a new bottle for very little price in the offer basket, but was so disappointed with the scent. Only a bland resemblance with old glorious Genny.
Vintage or nothing.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

the vintage triangular shaped bottle it's a masterpiece

Guest_Silvissi
Guest_Silvissi

Vintage Genny: 10/10 edt or EDP

Current Cheap Genny :( 4/10 EDP (?)

Rougesang
Rougesang

Lo trovo simile ad Aromatic Elixir di Clinique ma più leggero, appena l'ho provato mi sembrava fastidioso per l'odore acceso del patchouli e del muschio, dopo qualche minuto ho iniziato ad avvertire le note floreali.
Non è niente di eccezionale, tipico profumo anni ottanta portabile ogni giorno, nulla di seducente o estremo.

emiana
emiana

it's perfect like Aromatic elixir but less persistent

Persephone
Persephone

Witch potion! Whatever she brews in her pot; be it forest mosses, bitter green herbs or nameless flowers, altogether this stuff is magnetic.

merilu59
merilu59

l'ho usato per parecchi anni è simile ad
Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

Great Miss Delicous! Why don't you sign in here, then you can show us your collection!
Good luck!

guest_Miss Delicous
guest_Miss Delicous

Hi Action, we share the same love for very similar perfumes :))
You nearly know all fragrances in the whole perfume-world. The vintage fragrances too. Nice to meet you...

This masterpiece is created by Jean Claude Delville!

This is a must have for all you GREEN addicts, that love their green category to be DEEP and intense!!
:-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Genny Genny fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Genny Genny, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Genny by Genny. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Genny by Genny represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.