Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

aldehydic
yellow floral
Galore Germaine Monteil for women Pictures

Galore by Germaine Monteil is a oriental floral fragrance for women. Galore was launched in 1964. Top notes are aldehydes, spices, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are amber, vanilla, vetiver and incense.

Aldehydes Spices Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Amber Vanilla Vetiver Incense

Blue Agava & Cacao

Galore Fragrance Reviews

millascent
millascent

The vintage 80s version of Galore made by Monteil, Paris is an aldehydic floral made special by the quality of honeyed bulgarian rose, heady narcissus and rubbery/creamy ylang ylang. It is tied up with a sweet vanilla amber and incense base that has almost an animalic trace. The fruits and spice elevate and heighten the scent. Galore has an addictive quality of everything being almost too good. Not overwhelming, this scent is soft but lasting. This is based on the Cologne Spray Concentrate (Eau de Cologne Concentree).

Sounds like the reworked versions fall far short.

flahair2
flahair2

I was soo disappointed with Five Stars rendition. Im scared to try any of their others now. I so loved Galore and Royal Secret. The Galore has a chemically metallic scent to it that I just cant get over. I ended up throwing it out.

gazelle
gazelle

I'm down to fumes of my reformulated Galore. It is a soft elegant floral, barely detectable at times. Very very affordable but $ could be invested elsewhere. Alas, farewell. Now what do I do with the vintage body powder? Wear it, of course.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is a true floral cologne in the old fashioned genre.

There's nothing masculine about it at all. The top does remind slightly of a cola drink but that quickly fades to soft powdery flowers.

More suitable to freshening up the sachet in your underwear drawer than wearing as a scent. (Five Star version).

Update: CAUTION!! Wear this with a light hand as over-applying (especially in cleavage) may prove dangerous to your senses! My throat hurt for a whole day after inhaling the fumes!

giaren
giaren

I wore this in the early 80's when it was Germain Montiel. I loved it and it stayed with you for awhile. I bought a bottle on-line from 5 star it is not the same at all. It has a masculine smell now.I was so disappointed.

This is not an Oriental Floral, it is a true Floral Aldehydes, and it resembles Chanel N5 VERY much! And since I am not a huge fan of that one either, both are here in my collection...not being used...
:-)

I wore Galore by Germaine Monteil for 20+ years. I just tried Five Stars Galore and do not think the fragnance is the same and also it does not stay with you long after putting on.
Wish someone would give their opinion also. I would like to know if Five Stars is using the exact same formula or it is different somewhat.

guest_sissy
guest_sissy

my mom wore this for years, and i began wearing it in 1972. in the last 20 years or so, unable to find locally. 5 years ago, bought on line. fragrance is nothing like it was in past. Changes to recipe must have changed.

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

I tried this one because I was interested in smelling perfumes from the mid-1960s, and I think this one likes me. It starts off as a pleasant spicy powder smell with a hint of booze. Drydown is at first floral with a hint of spicy rubber - it could have been a forerunner to Bulgari Black, which I like a lot. It settles into a woody spice (not as masculine as it sounds) and stays there for many hours. I'd put Galore' on my list of perfumes to wear to bed when it's very cold out.

tangledvines
tangledvines

Smells like mens cologne. Very strong at first, quickly fades. But that's a good thing. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Galore by Germaine Monteil 4.05 out of 5 based on 22 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Germaine Monteil Galore fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Germaine Monteil Galore, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Galore by Germaine Monteil. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Galore by Germaine Monteil represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.