Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Essence d’eau Gianfranco Ferre for women
dislike

yellow floral
Essence d’eau Gianfranco Ferre for women Pictures

Essence d’eau is an elegant and sophisticated aroma which is intended for a charming spontaneous and intelligent woman. The composition reveals a very feminine harmony of soft floral notes, elegant woods and sweet vanilla with a hint of honey. It starts with clean and light notes of cedar flower, neroli, kumquat skin, blackberry and violet, and blooms into an opulent floral heart of narciss, rose and jasmine. The rich base reveals sweeter sensual facets with amber, musk and vanila.
The package and the bottle is a reflection of the Ferre style: perfect lines, silky surface and light creamy color. Essence d’eau was launched in 2003.

Orange Blossom Violet Blackberry

Jasmine Rose Narcissus

Amber Musk Vanilla

Poeme

Essence d’eau Fragrance Reviews

maraki1
maraki1

This is 3/4Narcissus + 1/4Jasmine. I think... Nothing more... It is nice like a garden but not something stunning. It is sweet with a little balmy feeling. Top impression is yellow floral for me.
PS: I agree with skysky900 & thatjacksonchic

musi1701
musi1701

Sehr gutes Parfüm! Auf mir rieche ich fast nur holzige Noten, Amber? Fast keine Blumen. Aber ich mag ihn sehr, nicht jeder trägt dem oder kennt. Gute Langlebigkeit.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

This perfume feels very comfy too wear and when i wear it i feel very feminine,it is very floral but the base is very comforting with vanilla and amber.
Lovely the notes of orange blossom that gives the perfumes a sparkling side,the rose and the blackberry because it feels very much.
I don't have this perfume anymore because i have finish it and i am so sad for that because i have buy a 30 ml instead of 100 ml :( but whatever is life :)

skysky900
skysky900

This smells exactly like honeysuckle. And I don't mean it kind of smells like honeysuckle, in a weird synthetic way, like many other yellow perfumes do.

Essence d'eau smells like my childhood. My firends and I would spend many summer hours outside searching the neighborhood for wild honeysuckle bushes. We would decimate the plants, sucking the nectar from every flower we could find.

This perfume is the sun setting on a warm, late July evening. School is over a month away and there are infinite honeysuckle bushes to discover, but it's time to go home and eat dinner with the family.

Wonderful.

LULUBELLEFISHER
LULUBELLEFISHER

Does anyone detect incense in the opening notes.

piapedersen
piapedersen

This is a blind buy, just to try new scents. I was amazed that it resembles Poeme so much. But it is not a copy. There is a bitterness beneath the flowers which I personally think makes it interesting. Perhaps that's what Malgos refers to as the pee-smell ;O) It has an amazing opening and I aggree with Malegria: you float into the scent and I found myself sniffing my arm every five seconds. It's adorable. I'm not thrilled by the bottle. It's quite ordinary and it doesn't stand out. But the box has a lovely detail, covered with a silky fabric. I don't like the colour of the bottle (don't say pee again) but again: the box is creamy and lovely. You do get a bit disappointed when you pull out the flacon.

Małgoś
Małgoś

Damn it! I don't understand it, but I've never had a perfume that smells of pee... This is the first one - smelling strong and confident (of piss) even after a couple of hours. Goodness... my skin never reacted this way. I'll give it another try in a couple of days, maybe today is not my best one.

Update: I am starting to detect flowers in this perfume. Yellow flowers. But these flowers still smell slightly uncomfortable to me. Let's see what other qualities I'll discover in it in the next weeks.

Yet another update: it is becoming interesting - I feel like the smell of pollen on me when wearing this perfume. A heavy kind of pollen, of yellow flowers, of course. There is something special about this scent - you have got to wear it confidently, boldly. It is unusual. Slightly powdery after a couple of hours; and it stills smells a bit "dirty" on me but that's something that often makes a perfume very sexy. Honey, which I love in perfumes, is very subdued here. I guess if it gets to fully convince me one day, it may become one of my very favourites. I'm getting closer to it now.

Dollycat
Dollycat

I really dislike this one! Maybe it´s my chemistry but on my skin this smells yuk. I don´t know but on me this smells like dead flowers with a very dusty old vibe. So i recommend to try before you buy because on the wrong skin this really smells terrible.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I bought this blind as an ebay bargain and I really like it.

First spray- violets and a hint of booze which quickly dries down to Plasticine albeit fleetingly, followed by the big yellow flowers, which linger most prominently.

This is incredibly evocative of a garden in summer in full bloom. If you have ever sniffed the inside of a daffodil where it's all pollen-y and slightly over ripe, then you will be able to imagine what this smells like.

No harshness here, no aquatics or cucumber or spice, just really floral and soft and feminine.

Good for office and day wear as it smells about as offensive as a fresh vase of flowers and who would object to that?

One downside is that it seems to fade more quickly than I'd like it to, but it may just be my nose getting used to it.

A real treat for floral fans.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Reminds me of a full garden of white lilies my neighbor used to have. The same heavy, dense and dope smell. After a half hour it transforms into an incredible rich, still heavy and dense smell of narcissus.
Yes, it is similar to Poeme and a bit to Gaultier Classique.
Thanks Nannaje for the sample, which reminded me of this beautifull, almost forgotten moments of my childhood!

@krisber45
@krisber45

I was thinking of buying one bottle of this, but thanks to all of you for mentioning that it smells like Poeme,I simply can't stand it!!! Saved me my money and I will go for something else instead.

Nano2010
Nano2010

This smells like sticky feet! It is awful and definitely waste of money. Not recommended

missymary
missymary

My knee-jerk reaction was, NO, this is not Poeme. And on reflection, after testing it several days, I still say the same. While it may be a gentle summery slightly musky jasmine and honey perfume, with average staying power, it remains miles away from Poeme, and that means a big disappointment for me. But it's perfectly acceptable and by no means a waste of money at the price.

winkie11
winkie11

Bought this blind! I am so happy that I did....this juice is soft, summery and sexy. I have always loved GF especially 'Ferre' now sadly discontinued. Essence is at a bargain price right now .....will order another bottle today. Highly recommended!

Wonderful, beautiful, Great. and a lot alike Lancome Poeme but more like Poeme lightlight and happier, more summerfeeling to this one. A favourite. Longlasting - on my skin about 6 - 7hours- I think its good.

Underbar, vacker, suverän. Och ganska lik Lancome Poeme men mer ljus, glad, mjuk och lättburen. Poeme-sommar kanske. En favorit. Stannar länge på huden, på mig
ca 6-7 timmar.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

It'so warm and sweet rosy amber with some bitterness- which comes of narciss and blackberry I think. The sweetness is pleasant and soft ... not disruptive at all, moreover - it's "bold" feminine, very pleasing ...mmmmmmmm.
The dry down is smooth and not loud, it's just right detectable. Good staying power.
I think the best time to wear is early fall...night or day .... depends on your mood.
Hard to believe that anyone would not like it, as it is so discreety sexy.

Excellent price value, I recommend!
I've already purchased my second back-up bottle.

Nemosh
Nemosh

I bought this because of the very positive reactions here. It was a blind buy and I'm so happy I did!
This smells sooooo loveley and its lang lasting on my skin.
It does remind me a bit of poême only better.

devon99
devon99

At first this is too strong and heady, but after ten minutes softens into such a warm, cozy, honeyed , almost peppery, fragrance that keeps me constantly wanting to smell my wrist.

Comforting is the best word to describe it, but that doesn't do it any justice.

Not too heavy for daywear if you like a stronger fragrance, and sexy enough for evening use too.

ankaa
ankaa

Beautiful, I feel it on my wirst. I could bath in this! Really feminine, sexy and delicate. Next on my list "to buy"! And similar to POEME, which I love.

Juma
Juma

Another gem I discovered in these fogy, cloudy winter days. I love it!
It's very intensive floral, but not so spring floral, not too harshy fresh floral, but mature, not thin but thick yellow floral. It sweet (I smell honey, so beautiful blended) but not annoying yet.
I was fascinated at Poeme when I tested it and Essence will compensate it, it's no need to own two of similar. Maybe someone will disagree but I'm not such an expert to find any big difference.

slunecnice
slunecnice

Essence is a really beautiful fragrance! Spray it on your neck, let it excel (because when I put it on my wrist, I could not appreciate it fully). It is mild, liquid honey. Warm and sweet (but not sickly).I would say that this is suitable for daytime use, whereas opulent Poeme is for nights:-)

twillocks
twillocks

When I first put it on I thought OMG yuk. but after a few mins. I smelled my wrist and was amazed. Soft honey it reminds me of Red Door that is toned down just a little.

Bellamare
Bellamare

This one is a nice and light , let's say, version of Poeme. And that's why actually I bought it. To be honest I expected something more "classy", as it is an Italian perfume, but I can't say, that I'm disappointed or something.
"Essence d'eau" turned out to be very cozy. It opens on my skin with a lot of violets and a hint of honey. Very-very feminine. But not sexy enough for me.
I'll say, this is a perfume for a quiet family evenings somewhere in the middle of the fall.

Puppe
Puppe

First of all thank you JoannaM for saying: It's very much like Lancome's Poeme! I've just recived it today and it is so similar with Poeme....And Poeme is one of my favorites. So...a cheaper version of Poeme and long lasting.

JoannaM
JoannaM

This is one of the loooongest staying fragrances on my skin! It's very much like Lancome's Poeme, but somehow prettier, classier and less headache inducting. Not for shy girls who don't want to be noticed!

swanlips
swanlips

Another purchase without trying and very pleased, quite a sweet smell but classy agree with another review that said 'sensual'

confusion
confusion

Nice fragrance. It reminds me a lot of Gaultier Classique EDT, but is lighter, more transparent. If Classique EDT is too heavy during summer, use this one.

smellsogood
smellsogood

A beautiful, creamy , golden floral. Very feminine and lasts on the skin all day. The bottle is a tad weird though! Not sure what they were thinking there, as this is a very ladylike fragrance!

minty
minty

This one is intense on every note in it. I feel like i wear a mix foggy floweral cloud.
when i wear this i feel like i have to take a shower and it chafes.

nyoka
nyoka

JUst a little light for me but,I love sillage bombs!IT is a sweet light floral.there is a woody dry down with touches of vanilla and amger.THe notes keep changing and repeating themselves.LIke a fantasy fume.JUst when u think u have it,it morphs.A non heavy yet long lasting fume.THe best of all fume kinds1.A good investment.

Funny, I get Easter orchids and chocolate with this one. I can imagine now that what I'm interpreting as chocolate is the honey notes paired with vanilla and that makes sense. Still, this is 100% Easter Sunday on me, orchids, chocolate bunny and all. Nice, and very rich and dense despite the ethereal name

Galya
Galya

For me it's so much powder,very heavy for the summer/maybe for winter wild be ok?

sistertricked

I'd like to add that there really is a Poeme feeling to it in the drydown. Lasting power is very good, I can clearly feel the scent after a half hour jogging in warm weather, and some honey too.

sistertricked

I tested Essence d'eau today on my way back home. On first application I felt a sweet gloden flowers sensation and I realized it is the smell of "zagaras" (orange flowers) they usually sell on the coast of Neaples. I am talking about the perfume itself, a monotheme of zagaras which has an unmistakable recognizable touch. On me Essence d'Eau keeps this note to the end, becoming softer, along with the violet, narcissus and jasmine. On me the amber and the vanilla are barely there, I find the entire frag to evolve very little. I recommend it to lovers of the orange flower.

silvia_air
silvia_air

This fragrance is sweet by definition. At first its sweetness is so intense that I almost faint. Its smell persists well. The vanila base note is the most intense.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

Among the top sexy perfumes i've ever tried. You almost taste something like syrop. Sweet, heavy, you get dizzy by the sweetness and the creaminess but in a nice, womanly way. It really brings in mind the sensuality of a woman, i think it lingers on the skin all day long blending with the smell of your own skin. Again, a really sexy perfume. Not in a vulgar way. Ferre always makes classy perfumes. 10/10/09

t for two
t for two

I love it!!! It is so creamy, lovely!!!It does remind me of Poeme...but this is better! Sensual!! WOW

Malegria
Malegria

I got a tester today and I am basically floating in this delicious, flowery, golden mist! I disagree with a name, because it is more then an essence of a flower...Reminded me of Poeme, but not as intoxicating as it, more discreet and - I like it more, personally. It is more playful, more radiant and lively.There is a tasty blackberry note that keeps playing with me - it fades and then it starts vibrating all of a sudden, making it so unusual.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gianfranco Ferre Essence d’eau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gianfranco Ferre Essence d’eau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Essence d’eau by Gianfranco Ferre. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Essence d’eau by Gianfranco Ferre represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.