Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Ferre eau de parfume Gianfranco Ferre for women

Ferre eau de parfume Gianfranco Ferre for women
dislike

Ferre eau de parfum was created in 2005. It was ment for a sophisticated woman who is elegant and luminous, full of life and ‘joie de vivre’. Iris is this perfume’s soul, this flower embodies the artist’s muse, it’s a symbol of a sober aristocratic beauty. It opens with a burst of bergamot and exotic fruit (melon and pineapple) that mingle with an iris-leaf note. The heart is composed of a floral harmony with notes of ylang-ylang singing with elegant magnolia and freesia along with violet, rose and jasmine. Iris is present in the base , but as iris root concentrate which is this flower’s most fragrant part. The base notes are sandalwood, ‘basmati rice ’, amber, musks and vanilla. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon.

Pineapple Melon Iris leaf Bergamot

Magnolia iris Freesia Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Orris Root

Iris Poudre
Lua

Ferre eau de parfume Fragrance Reviews

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

How old is a vintage formula? Mine is from March 22nd, 2006 and for me it's unissex all the way, and very classy and sober, trés chic indeed. I don't get much of the fruits, which I think is a good thing for me, but iris and orris galore. Ferre makes me feel important and distant as important people always seem to be, but with a kind heart right there for someone to discover. Great fragrance. At a bargain price.

I acquired a vintage bottle. The first hour or so feels a bit muddled but once what I'm guessing is the iris, rice, and sandalwood notes emerge this is really good! The amber softens and sweetens it up a little, but these notes are the stars of the drydown, and they smell natural enough to make a "keeper" for me. There is a bit of fruitiness that lasts quite a while, and it blends with the florals, but I consider the drydown to be unisex, and the strength and longevity are very good. I haven't tried Iris Poudre so I can't compare it to this one.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

Quite simply one of the most beautiful and elegant perfumes out there. I have owned for many years and I sprayed on last night. I do like to challenge my nose and really try to pull apart the notes so that I say I can read a perfume. In this case I don't care. It is love no matter the potion. It is like an enchanting, sophisticated piece of classical music that just soothes the spirit. A must have for any perfume collector.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

A fragrance with a personality, soft yet distinctive one. Sometimes the dry down smells like Omnia Amethyste on me, sometimes it doesn't, it can be rather bitter and rooty as well. Everytime i use it get slightly different impression. I love it.

Dinkum
Dinkum

If you buy Ferre to get a duplicate of Iris Poudre, then chances are you´ll be disappointed.

I do not find them to be siblings. Maybe a first-cousin or something.

That said, I personally prefer Ferre to Iris Poudre. Iris Poudre is, on my skin anyway, very ladylike but dry, aloof and austere.

Ferre is a fine lady too; but more likeable, womanly, and with laughter in her eyes. The fruity notes marries the flowers sooo well, they do wondrous things in this composition. It´s so versatile too; there is no occasion when I would hesitate to put on Ferre. Casual, business, or romantic; she can handle them all with the greatest of finesse.

Om du köper Ferre i tanken att få en billigare variant av Iris Poudre, så är risken att du blir besviken.

Jag tycker inte att de har syskontycke. Möjligen mer som kusiner då.

Personligen föredrar jag Ferre framför Iris Poudre. På min hud i vart fall känns Iris Poudre som en "fin dam", men också en lite avståndstagande sådan. Känslan blir lite torr och kylig på något sätt.

Ferre är också en riktig dam; men hon är bra mycket lättare att tycka om, kvinnligare, och med ett skratt lurandes i ögonvrån. Jag är inte något fan av Floral Fruity genren, och det är verkligen inte något sådant vi pratar om här: hos Ferre gifter frukterna ihop sig på ett fantastiskt sätt med blommorna. Många dofter skulle jag bara kunna tänka mig i vissa särskilda situationer, men Ferre tycker jag passar i alla sammanhang, vare sig till ett par sköna jeans, till arbetet, eller romantiska stunder.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

i have Miss Dior Cherie first version as well as this and i think both of these would appeal to the same taste profile

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is absolutely stunning. So different from popular these days fruity floral perfumes. It opens a bit strange, like old dusty clothes in the theater wardrobe but dries down to exceptional powdery suede-like iris. It's classic i would even say vintage. It was love from first sniff. Have i mentioned great lasting power and sillage?

A very elegant, sophisticated lady-like scent (rich lady, not an old lady). Some people think Ferre Edp is a copy to F Malle Iris Poudre, I don't think so at all. Irish Poudre is dark, unsweet, almost male'ish on my skin. Ferre is sparkling, fresh and woman'ish. Not sweet but elegant and the sense of newly showered follows me for many hours. Very nice flowernotes wellblended with Amber, Vanilla and Musk in base. A winner.

En väldigt elegant, sofistikerad dam-lik doft (rik dam, inte gammal dam). Några tycker att Ferre EdP liknar F Malle Iris Poudre, jag håller inte med alls. Iris Poudre är mörk,osöt och nästan manlig på min hud. Ferre är flörtig, fräsch och kvinnlig. inga direkt söta doftnoter men elegant och med en känsla av nyduschad som följer mig i många timmar. Otroligt fina blomnoter blandas väl med Amber, Vanilj och Musk i basen. En vinnare!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Dreadful. Possibly the worst blind buy I have ever made.

An overwhelmingly synthetic blast of screeching, nondescript floral mush doesn't quite cover the overdose of the harsh methyl ionones that make up the majority of this fragrance. After a terribly long opening, the fragrance begins to settle into a slightly less horrible version of the same thing. Vague fruity notes clash with what is becoming a generic hissing modern floriental.

After about an hour, it finally improves to a point where it becomes bearable. It's almost undetectable at this point, but I think I can just barely smell a little bit of iris peeking out of the harsh ambery synthetic iris base.

I gave this away less than 20 minutes after I opened the package. I would not recommend this to any fans of iris fragrances.

Pari88
Pari88

Stunning creation. A truly modern French perfume. It is so sophisticated, intelligent, and full of character. I have never smelled anything like it, it is by far the most unique fragrance I have. It is fresh and fruity in the beginning, a little spicy, and then dries down to this marvelous woody, resinous, fruity, and slightly powdery base. The notes are mixed so well it is truly hard to discern one from another. I absolutely love it! The description given by Fragrantica is perfect, I can not add more. It is extremely versatile, but not at all casual. This is a real Ladies fragrance, and I will keep it in my collection as long as I can. As for seasons, this is an all rounder. It smells so expensive, and makes me feel so rich too! And for the price, this is truly a steal! Wonderful!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a really lovely fragrance. As an iris lover, I was hooked from the first sniff. I need a bottle of this! This is what I would call a "proper French perfume." Lovely, soft, floral and very sophistcated. It doesn't need to shout, a whisper of its beauty is enough. Can't believe I didn't know about this one before. Thanks to a wonderful swap partner I have discovered a real gem. And no wonder it smells great since it is by the same nose behind Malle's Iris Poudre, another beauty.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I had no idea what this perfume would smell like when I picked it up at the store. Complete blind buy. I was a little afraid that it would smell very heavy, cloying and well, uh... very Italian!

I was very surprised to recognize one of my favorite notes, Iris. And combined with melon and musk, what an interesting combination!

The opening is all about the "yellow" notes for me... ylang ylang, pineapple, melon, freesia, some citrus. It's not before ten minutes into the fragrance that I get this odd Chanel eau premiere vibe, as if this perfume had aldehyde (is it the musk with the Iris?). Rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, sandalwood... Just like Eau premiere. And then the perfume starts changing completely. The musk becomes stronger and stronger on my skin and with the melon, it becomes sharp and very 90s. You know, the kind of 90s vibe with the strange notes on a vanilla musky base? I also get sweetness and dryness all at once at this point... very interesting. I am not very familiar with perfumes from this brand, but I am surprised at the quality.

The dry down on me is a complex and grown up VW Naughty Alice that gets woodier and heavier instead of simply fading away in a quiet musky whisper... hmmm. Should I keep it?

Wordbird
Wordbird

Created by Pierre Bourdon, this is a follow-up to his famous Iris Poudre, for Frederic Malle. It is almost a duplicate. So if you are a lover of the Malle, but are on a tight budget, buy this.

It's a very ladylike, beautiful fragrance that is feminine and rich, but also good-natured and smiling (unlike so many Iris fragrances, which can be a little chilly).

Highly recommended.

cecyben
cecyben

I bought it without testing ... too simple with zero lasting power ... I cannot smell anything: not for me !

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

To me this is almost a classic, simply because of the powdery scent, yet, unlike any other powdery scent, this is not overpowerly powdery. I couldn't detect any pineapple let alone the melon scent, but what certain is, this fragrance is so subtle, it gives the image of a woman of a higher status, demure, poised, and respected.

Many would say this is a cheaper substitute to Frederic Malle Iris Poudre. I don't think so. This really is a great fragrance. Well, no doubt this is cheaper than FMIP, but the smell is not. This smells expensive!
I'm looking forward to own my second bottle.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Love on the second sniff - sweet-sour roses in the bottle, floral character. I tested it in summer and it had very short staying power - this was the reason, I didn´t buy it. But now, in winter, there was a sale. I tested it again and see - in the winter it has 2 hours staying power on me. LOVE it.
Edit: almost zero lasting power. SO SAAAD!

FERRE eau de parfume Gianfranco Ferre for women=INDIVIDUEL Mont Blanc for men

winterhausen
winterhausen

Sweet (not cloyingly sweet, but sophisticated), powdery iris. A softspoken fragrance for occasions when you want to smell elegant without making any statement or fuss about it. Perfect feminine office/daytime scent. Very good composition, and high quality raw materials. As my fragrance wardrobe mainly consists of rather dramatic powerhouse perfumes (Coco, Samsara, Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant etc), this was to me a much needed complement for days when discrete is the only possible choice. However, not anonymous or bland - it will convey varm, soft whispers of iris to the persons standing next to you.

calevacin
calevacin

Luckily it has no lasting power. I can't believe how conventional this fragrance is. But it's the acrid note it has what puts me off. To my nose it doesn'nt smell right. I was very disappointed of my blind purchase. It has made me change my strategy. I won't be buying fragrances without trying them first for a while, no matter how inviting the reviews might be.

Citronella
Citronella

Before my acquaintance with Ferre, I wasn't really interested in florals but this scent made me realize how incredibly beautiful and serene a well-blended floral scent can be. The opening however made me scary, it's a really thick, sirupy fruit composition resembling a traditional winter dessert with stewed fruit. But once the fruit notes are gone, a wonderful, elegant and long-lasting floral remains. My bottle is empty now after having used it at all sorts of occasions, day and night.

not insolence

Дълго,дълго търсих този цветен,прекрасен и стилен аромат.Когато го намерих,разбрах,че досега съм живяла сякаш в черна градина,където ако изобщо нещо е растяло,това са били бурени.Обичам го,не мога да се разделя с него.Това е голяма,уханна любов,която ме обгръща и ме кара да се чувствам жена.Не искам да свършва!

cyber861
cyber861

نمیدونم حسم درسته یا نه ولی به نظرم بویه بلو لیدی میده.یا اون بویه اینو میده

picisziv
picisziv

Two years ago I came into Ferre Rose which I found a lovely scent then but I thought it was way too floral for me because the great amount of freesia it contained.
Today I gave Ferre a try and I was surprised because I was sure it would be too old-lady-like as the liquid inside had a very sultry dark colour. No, Ferre is floral and somehow manages to be fresh and warm at the same time.
The warm floral scent reminds me of how my mother smelt like when I was a child. Probably that's why I find this fragrance to be romantic and cosy. I am addicted to dark, complex winter scents, orientals and woodies but this time I would like to own a perfume like Ferre to ooze a gently feminine sillage.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Staying power was really bad on this one. I was really disappointed by this!

syracusa
syracusa

I had it and soon I became really disappointed with it. At the time I was wearing, I was riding to work with my neighbor who used to wear Prada - and this poor scent was literally chocked to death by that woman's fragrance, regardless of how much I was pouring on myself. It was rendered IRRELEVANT, COMPLETELY SPEECHLESS, INEXISTENT. I never got any compliments wearing it and I ended up feeling like I was not even wearing anything. "Close to skin" and "discreet" is one thing; but completely lifeless is another. I am a brunette with dry skin so it could be that my body chemistry needs much stronger perfumes. It might work on a Scandinavian nymph or something ethereal like that...I don't know. In time, I discovered that unless I join with serious attention-getters like Samsara, no one will notice a thing. Those with dry/fragrance-eating skin or a heavier body chemistry should stay away from this anorexic scent.

I.I
I.I

I adore it! Elegant, feminine and easy to wear! Blends very well with my body chemistry. I love most Ferre scents (as well as his clothes too). Suitable for everyday wear and for all ages, IMHO, a 'happy' and uplifting scent.
Only disadvantage: it doesn't last very long.
Reminds me of Il Bacio by Borgese which I adore too, Il bacio is more sparkling and a little more intensive and more feminine (slightly provocative), this one is fresher.
Ah!Italian perfumes!

napoleonica
napoleonica

This perfume is very elegant and suitable for day wearing.Better for mature women.

jtd
jtd

Smelling Ferré is like visualizing imaginary pale purple ribbons trailing from your wrists as you carry this scent into the world. It finds the common angle of iris, woods, berries, aldehydes, musks. It shows a textbook evolution with the tight yet extravagant range of its topnotes moving to a compressed woody-floral drydown with a surprising resemblance of construction, if not scent, to the drydown of Patou's 1000. Throughout the evolution from top to base, Ferré continues to suggest its purple hue, but because of its tight focus feels like a stripe rather than a large swath of color.

For those who love the pretty-boy aspect of Dior Homme, Ferré is one assured step further in that direction.

puppynose
puppynose

I was dismayed by the difference between the creamy cloud of delicious flowers I smell from my miniature of this and the screechy floral mess I smell from the full sized bottle that I purchased based on my enjoyment of the miniature. I went back to confirm that they are the same thinking maybe this big bottle is an edt, as edt tends to be less creamy and delicious and more sharp cold and high pitched. Well, it turns out that the difference is not the concentration but the formulation i.e. this has been reformulated (ruined)!I have confirmed this by finally acquiring some full sized older stock which still smells lovely as did the miniature. The newer juice is also different color- straw vs honey/amber in color.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This scent is a sophisticated fruity floral, which is a good thing as it is wearable for any occasion. I agree with Kastehelmi below, that no notes stick out enough for a 'fix', especially of Iris. Somehow the scent is slightly sharper than I wanted as I expected the iris to lend it more powder. It's a very sheer and feminine scent which stays close to the skin. I will wear and keep this 'fume but I would have liked the initial sweetness to stick around longer, and for it to be more 'opaque' as an EDP. Beautiful bottle!
The drydown 5 hours later is still noticeable and is really soft and beautiful.

jxrxv
jxrxv

sophisticated,classic, beatiful and long lasting. Makes me feel very feminine and sexy. absolute top 1 for me. Pitty they stopped with it.. and I just cant find it anuwhere anymore... :(

imoore
imoore

Not for me! It ended up as an air freshener in the bathroom.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Ugh, the melon always comes out so aquatic on me, and this is no exception (curse my chemistry!). Other than that unpleasantry, this is a very subtle, subdued, but not particularly refined scent - just a quiet, watered-down, non-desrcript fruity floral (doesn't feel like an EDP at all). It's missing the richness & powder to be refined, and the complexity & originality to be classic. A good office scent that won't offend and will allow you to blend in with the crowd.

A wonderful scent - both for day and night/party. Soft, warm, a bit sexy and very feminine I think. A scent that lasts for many hours.

Now that I've tried both of Pierre Bourdon's iris-focused perfumes, I'm finding that FERRE edp is at once more complicated and casual than the composition he created for Frederic Malle, IRIS POUDRE. That might sound like a contradiction, but it is not.

FERRE edp conveys a type of glamour that is somehow informal and seemingly effortless, like a pair of small gold earrings put in as an afterthought while running out the door, or an unstructured, monochrome silk shawl with no tassels thrown over one's shoulders upon learning that it's cold outside and without caring whether it will look good.

What makes this perfume less formal than IRIS POUDRE is the fruit, which makes FERRE less rigid and more relaxed. Added to that, IRIS POUDRE includes a hefty dose of aldehydes. But I like each of these two Boudoir creations in its own way. I agree with celina that these are fraternal twins: similar in some ways, yet with distinct personalities and mannerisms.

I don't often like complicated fruit compositions, but FERRE offers simplicity through complexity. The fruit notes do not degrade through the development, nor do they overtake the flowers, both of which are tendencies that I find problematic in fruit-rich perfumes. The more I wear FERRE edp, the more I like it, so this will definitely become a full-bottle relationship soon!

Merci Pierre!

onda
onda

It is very nice, floral and ....classy. I like very much.

Kama
Kama

Ferre is very classy and sheer scent..
It is very sheer beautiful scent with light aldehydes that give misty quality…
It is floral perfume that starts from fruits – very suitable and elegant – not just any fruit salad, it feels like fruits make iris feel suitable and light not metallic note .. but then after several minutes it starts to settle for warm, little sweet and rich floral… but so delicate and elegant that you just have transparent aroma around yourself – iris aroma with some other flowers but iris is the main aroma. I just cannot stop sniffing my wrist!
I would say it is like… Fidji of XXI century…
Distinctive bottle, beautiful shiny perfume…

Lots of perfume critics compare it to Iris Poudre by F.Malle, that it is much more wearable and very similar smelling. L.Turin gave 4 starts to Ferre and 3 stars for Iris Poudre stating that Ferre is new Iris Poudre – more polished by Bourdon.

katusha
katusha

This fragrance is so beautiful, I watch it like a painting.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is very good. Classy, sophisticated, rich and warm as been said.

This nice velvety floral reminds me a little bit of Lulu sometimes. Doesn't remind me of Prada's Iris at all. I get much of pineapple and I love pineapple in perfume xD It adds sparkle to composition as well as light sourness which I usually adore. Good for everyday wearing.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Sweet and powdery, but sheer-and at least not sharp.It maintains some propriety in the form of delicacy and friendliness--
Very wearable, with indistinct (blended) florals-no lovers of iris, violet, rose, ylang ylang, etc. will get their fix from Ferre EDP, but those who hate any of these notes shouldn't be disturbed, since this doesn't smell like any of the components of the bouquet. The pineapple on top sticks out especially-but the melon cleans it up. This not a typical floral fruity, but it's not so much a floral to my nose either....Not the fragrance of a goddess or royalty or a historical figure...or you get the point. But nice!

dalmajen
dalmajen

I bought this perfume as was wanting to try a floral type, but as this was not too floral i did like it. I wouldn't wear it a lot, and haven't bought it again as wasn't one that i would class as a real favorite.

Taliera

Alas, I don't think I will be able to wear it - who wants to smell like green apple for hours? It really is quite remarkable how different it smells on my skin compared to on paper (you would never guess it is the same scent!). I don't dislike it on my skin, but I much prefer what it's *meant* to smell like - a refined floral bouquet, with a contemporary edge, that is luminous and has iris at its heart.

Taliera

This perfume made me smile when I opened the bottle (I love perfumes that do that). The burst of melon fruits and bergamot in the beginning is a very apt description for this - but it is also quite flowery. I must say that Ferre smells completely different on my skin to on paper (although it might be *my* skin). That fruity phase lasts forever on my skin, whereas on paper it goes straight to the iris. On paper it smells more sophisticated and refined, and on skin it smells like a grown up version of Ralph, by Ralph Lauren. Again, it might be my skin, because the melons kind of mutate into a green apple smell (the predominant note in Ralph). I once loved Ralph, but now it seems too young, and prolonged use brings on nausea - so Ferre might be a good alternative. My skin chemistry may be turning it weird - but I like the different smell on my skin!

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

Lovely daytime EDP but strangely it reminds me too much of Eternity Love which I had, loved and grown tired of it.

allexa27
allexa27

By princip I like only heavy ,not light fragrances.,but this is an exception.It is very very very nice and i like it a lot.It reminds me of Prada infusion d`iris.-the same citrusy beggining and powdery dry down,but it is more long lasting than Prada.Very elegant and clean smell.The only one light frag that i like very much and wear with pleasure

mellybee
mellybee

Ferre edp in my opinion is a refined floral-fruity perfume.
It smells honeydew melon in the top, the impresson is quite realistic. Unluckily Pierre Bourdon had chosen to many different flowers as heart notes which while don't overwhelm the fragrance but don't merge into harmony either. The drydown phase is adorable again due to the amber, lending a sensual touch.
Very feminine and sophisticated overall.

guest_Amarilla
guest_Amarilla

Sophisticated and matured scent for those who stylishly select what they put on. It's a "mummy scent" for me, coz my mum wears it since it came out but I do filch it sometimes when I don't want to get wrong with my perfume choice.

Althea

well, as I wrote already I bought it for my mom, but it smells so elegant and feminine, that I am going to purchase it for myself. Really nothing fruity-flowery which is lets call it "modern" these days, it is just very pretty. Drydown is very warm, so this is going to be my 2008 winter one :)

Althea

very classic, beautiful, although I wouldnt wear it, I bought if for my mom, and she loves it

mbanderson61
mbanderson61

Rich, warm and nectar-laden, this fragrance has both classic and modern elements. The pineapple and melon, are lightened by iris leaves. Iris is repeated in the heart, which features iris petals, ylang ylang, jasmine and other florals. The notes are beautifully blended, with only the iris and perhaps magnolia asserting dominance. Iris appears again in the base, along with basmati rice, amber, sandalwood, vanilla and musk. The base is soft and warm, sweet, but not cloying.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Sophisticated everyday scent for people who's not so fond of now typical sweet fruity things. Classic floral in a subtle way.

Ferre eau de parfume by Gianfranco Ferre 4.06 out of 5 based on 269 ratings and 51 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gianfranco Ferre Ferre eau de parfume fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gianfranco Ferre Ferre eau de parfume, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ferre eau de parfume by Gianfranco Ferre. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ferre eau de parfume by Gianfranco Ferre represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.