Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre for women

Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre for women
dislike

yellow floral

Gianfranco Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre is a oriental floral fragrance for women. Gianfranco Ferre was launched in 1984. Top notes are coriander, tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, hiacynth, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and bergamot; middle notes are honeysuckle, carnation, mandarin orange, orchid, orris root, orange blossom, rose and narcissus; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, benzoin, civet and cedar. See also pure perfume bottle of Gianfranco Ferre launched 1984.

Coriander Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Hiacynth Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Bergamot

Honeysuckle Carnation Mandarin Orange Orchid Orris Root Orange Blossom Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Amber Musk Benzoin Civet Cedar

Ferre
Tendre Jasmin
Amarige

Gianfranco Ferre Fragrance Reviews

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

This is one of my all time favourites and I cannot find it anywhere here in Australia, nor can I find it to buy anywhere online.

Can someone please help me on how I can purchase a bottle or two? I would appreciate it very much, just send me a private message.

Happy New Year to all....

Floreat
Floreat

It's been years since I've worn this - but it's on its way to me once again. It's a simple, classy and understated fragrance that is also sensual - though not brazenly so. (I attribute the sensuality to Ms. Ylang Ylang and Madame Jasmine flirting with Sultan Sandalwood). I was surprised to see all of the notes present, because it reads so clearly and purposefully. It's the only fragrance I've owned that has prompted complete strangers to stop me and ask me what I'm wearing. It's hard to find now but when I see it I pounce. Hopefully, I can make it a staple in my perfume pantry.

gabygol
gabygol

Had it and hated it. Of course, it was not appropriate for me cause I was only 16 when I got it from a suitor who totally missed a chance with me after that. I bet it was his mother's and he took it as an emergency for my birthday party. Couldn't stand it and even my mother rejected its smell. It ended up in a garaje sell. Sorry. Too old and too strong, those are my memories of it.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I got a vintage mini with eBay purchase a while ago and finally tried it. Immediately I fell in love with it! It is so classy, elegant and sophisticated that I could not help myself and bought a full bottle (also vintage, due to reformulation). It is hard to believe that this is inexpensive fragrance because it smells like a very expensive one! I can tell it is floral but unable to pick a single note from it and I love this! Highly recommend to fragranticans who love floral scents!

K1
K1

Gianfranco Ferre is one of those classic masterly delicately created compositions with bold sweetness that reduces its floral formality. This is a powerhouse on floral ylang theme and royal romantic Italian vintage mood which I'm crazy for. And the bottle is charming and elaborated just like the scent itself.

*sophi*
*sophi*

It's a real treasure.It's a classic feminine blend of perfume.A complex pyramide with unique outcome :)
It's a sunny and glorious perfume.It is wearable any time and everywhere.I can try hard to find something against it but i can't.It's perfect!

olga1780
olga1780

My review of this fragrance is after having it for several months. I don't write reviews based on my first impression anymore as sometimes they turn out to be misleading.
Who would think that such an innocent looking bottle with an adorable crystal hanging on its neck would contain such lush and complex fragrance. Absolutely gorgeous floral with prominent jasmine, tuberose, coriandre and hiacynth in the foreground.There is something in the composition that makes it very bright and refreshing, almost aldehydic. Very well blended into a smooth composition: nothing is clashing, nothing jumps out at you. I do agree with Sherapop about its Caron-like quality, although it reminds me a lot of Lady Caron but with more massive projection and more freshness rather than creaminess. I don't find it old fashioned at all, as I was not familiar with it in the past. To my nose it is as modern as can be but in a luxurious and sophisticated ladylike way.Very long lasting too. A stunner!

If I had tested GIANFRANCO FERRE blind, I would have guessed that it came from the house of Caron. In fact, the opening reminds me somewhat of PARFUM SACRE. There is a rich balminess which in the case of GF probably derives from a big dose of benzoin conjoined with the orris root, clove, civet, amber, and musk.

I love the texture of this edt, which seems to me closer to pure perfume. It is very dense and waxy. Although the composition seems in some ways classic, it also seems pretty unique. It's definitely not oriental in the currently popular way, with sweet vanilla, patchouli, etc. Nor is this a chypre. I'd categorize GIANFRANCO FERRE as sui generis.

Especially striking for me is that this is a rare case of a perfume with a notable clove note which does not ruin the composition for me. Here, somehow clove works with the civet and the moss. Both evernia prunastri and evernia furfuracea are listed among the ingredients.

Definitely worth trying by those who appreciate the aesthetic of the perfumes of the house of Caron. I suspect that the reviewers who are describing this creation as a sweet fruity-floral perfume are sniffing another one of the perfumes of this house, which confusingly uses nearly the same name for something like four of their offerings.

blueberry
blueberry

Gianfranco Ferre EDT is a soft oriental floral, really smooth and delicately lingering close to my skin. It is pretty feminine, neither too obvious nor overbearing, though. In fact I find it a bit similar to Gloria Vanderbilt because of the distinct tuberose, ylang-ylang, carnation and rose flowery composition grounded on smooth amber and musk. GF resembles GV but it is less powerful, more refined and seems better blended. GF exudes the 1980s atmosphere and for sentimal reasons it draws me in a lot.

Recommended use for office in cooler seasons, but unfortunately it does not last long enough for the whole day on me. Apply sparingly as it is indeed strong on the floral side and although it should not be obnoxious to others, too many sprays may induce some dizziness or a light headache.

delphine67
delphine67

After seeing its notes Im really suprised. Lots of white flowers in this one, and normal;ly I really dislike white flowers in a scent coz they always makes me nauseous. But not this perfume I love it very mutch. For me its a sweet floral perfume. Almost sugary strawberry but strawberry isnt listed in its notes. I think its the orchid thats dominant on my skin. actually a white flower scent wich I like

passionata20
passionata20

28, april 2011

Oh my!
I am sooo in love with this one! Remember when i was younger i found it too heavy but now since i learned to appreciate the real masterpieces i am backing up this gem! This should be named "flowerbomb" instead of Viktor&Rolf´s fragrance!(they are not similar in any way, i just suggest the name for it)
Ultimatly sexy and wild thanks to musk and civet this one is a very complex fragrance with ENOURMOUS staying power for an EDT version (the first release was by Diana da Silva parfums, not Ferre parfums).

So many flowers in one flacon i guess i have never met before yet. And they are really nice, not a chaotic mix of them! The hyacint with lilly-of-valley in top notes and orchid with rose in middle notes are so classy combined that i just cannot resist it. Fantastic tuberose blends so amazingly here with orchid so it doesn´t turn into somthing super-sweet and intoxicating. BRAVO!!!
Warning! This is a floral bomb for colder days, not recommended to use it in warmer days since you might get a headache because of the intensity of this fabulous fragrance.
If someone knows, then it smells quite similar to Jillian Jill "Touche finale" parfum (not in database yet).
Definitly a must have!!
Such a shame that all recent Ferre fragrances are not reaching this standart level that they used to be.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

i wear this from time to time. original, neat, mature but not old. a real perfume. great longevity.

hiraeth
hiraeth

This was my first real perfume - I still remember it and love it. It was so different from everything I remember from that time... So original, so sophisticated. Many people did not like it, they were saying that it reminded them of incense, but I was mad about it.

Velvety spring floral on me, with sandalwood musk base notes that keep it creamy and smooth. Beautiful sweet and tart tuberose. Very rich and lovely without the sharp mothball notes I usually experience with white flowers. Lovely

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is a retro 80's fragrance, it's a well blended floral. A little brash, a little loud, but not nearly as bad as say Giorgio. I wouldn't wear it nowadays, but it was good for its time.

It's definitely not a shy scent, but it was never headache-inducing for me, which many heavy scents can do. I find Angel more obnoxious than this.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I just got it today. Well, despite so many notes declared there,I can recognise some hint to carnation, which is rare and good. As for longevity- I wouldn't say it long lasting, that expected from "old school" type of perfumes, it smell lightly on a skin,however the notes there is quite heavy but lingering fast.It is good for collectables, probably,for some people with superior sence of smell, then me...

ignis
ignis

Oh wow! I remember this one quite distinctly! It was the very first perfume i have ever owned!

Well actually, when i was about 9 years old, my Mum received a gift-set of miniatures and that was the only one she didn't like... so it was passed down to me...

I remember feeling so proud of myself to be owning a "real perfume." I felt so sophisticated whenever i dabbed it on my skin. I really cherished it for quite some time and tried not to use too much of it. I'd imagine affluent women, dressed extravagantly (80s style), while wearing this to exclusive parties, while sipping champagne from crystal glasses.

As i recall, at the time, i found this scent quite mysterious and different, and i really did like it. Several years later, while showing it off to one of my friends, it occurred to me that actually, it was too heavy. Maybe the juice got spoiled somehow, but in the end, i found this one to be reeking quite badly and an enormous headache inducer.

I'd conclude that to a child who grew up in the 80s, exposed to the crazy, over the top, pompous fashion, this one might have seemed quite wonderful at first. Then i quickly realized this perfume is almost like a bad joke about the glitzy, grandiose 80s fashion/lifestyle that was taken a "tad" too seriously.

zoka
zoka

To be honest I do not remember this scent, I put it on my list for testing :) but when I look at the composition on pictures above it seems very very rich scent with complex pyramid. I like to smell/test both male and female perfumes its real spiritual feeling and this scent looks like real treasure :)

2007
elgab89
elgab89

What happened with this one? I used to like it in the 80's. Now I cannot stand it. Too old fashion. Look for the new Fendi for a modern scent.

2007

Gianfranco Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre 3.90 out of 5 based on 108 ratings and 19 user reviews

Ferre Mini by Gianfranco Ferre, .17 oz Mini EDT for Men
Ferre Cologne by Gianfranco Ferre, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
FERRE NEW for MEN by Gianfranco Ferre EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
FERRE NEW for MEN by Gianfranco Ferre EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 1.7oz
Gianfranco Ferre Ferre Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz Shower Gel 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Ferre new Cologne by Gianfranco Ferre, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Ferre new Cologne by Gianfranco Ferre, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Ferre Cologne by Gianfranco Ferre, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Ferre Cologne by Gianfranco Ferre, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Ferre Bluemusk Cologne by Gianfranco Ferre, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gianfranco Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gianfranco Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.