Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women

In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women
dislike

In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women Pictures In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women Pictures In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women Pictures In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women Pictures In The Mood For Love Gianfranco Ferre for women Pictures

A new fragrance by Gianfranco Ferre was announced as a project which does not turn to the past or to fragrant notes that used to be offered by this house, but its concept follows fashion trends. The new strategy of the house includes cooperants who try to combine architectural forms with concept of the new fragrance. Fabien Baron, as creator of the flacon, has shown this fragrance in shape of bowl, with small gaps, which suggest tactile feeling of its tissue. In the beginning of 2010, the edition for women will be joined by a modern masculine fragrance, and a fragrance for younger generations afterwards. Composition of perfume In The Mood for Love incorporates bitter orange, magnolia, white rose, amber and woody accords. Perfumer is Maurice Roucel. The perfume is available as 30, 50 and 100ml edp. In The Mood For Love was launched in 2009.

Bitter Orange Magnolia Rose Woodsy Notes Amber

Pure Poison
L'Anonyme ou OP-1475-A
Giorgio

In The Mood For Love Fragrance Reviews

Iris_Alice
Iris_Alice

I love this perfume!!! It was my signature fragrance for a long time! So unique!

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

The full list of notes:

Top notes: tamarind, bergamot, sour orange, magnolia, white rose;
Middle notes: orange flower, lily, jasmine, red rose, cedarwood;
Base notes: amber, white musk, sandalwood.

AnitaAna
AnitaAna

I got this as a birthday gift from my best friend and I'm SO GRATEFUL! I loved it from the first moment I tested it in Sephora and she knew it, so she bought it for me! :)

It's beautiful, refreshing and quite long lasting!
I love wearing it during the day or during the night - it's pretty universal in my opinion.
It was my signature fragrance for a long time until I bought Reb'l Fleur. I still love, love, love wearing it! :)

It's ABSOLUTELY WORTH BUYING!

nazza28
nazza28

I was so excited to finally receive this today so I'm testing it straight way! Fresh citrus opens this perfume, it is a bright and cheerful scent as others have mentioned, that's for sure. After a few moments the amber and woodsy notes move in and intensify and deepen it in a simply beautiful way. I have never smelled magnolia before but if this is it then I am in Magnolia Heaven! Wow, this is everything I could have wanted in a perfume and then some. For me this is absolutely divine.

katrinpauts
katrinpauts

This is a scent I haven`t quite figured out yet, meaning: do I love it or not? Some people have said it`s citrusy and fresh, but I don`t get any citrus on my skin. It`s just overwhelmingy sweet and quite heavy, to be honest (and it stays on my skin for hours). But still it`s not that boring girly kind of sweetness, there`s an edge in it. When I spray it on, I`m always on the verge of getting a headache but still I keep sniffing my wrist - that`s quite right that the blend somehow lifts your mood. It reminds me of careless childhood summers and sunny, happy days. I like most the drydown, finally it becomes innocent and clean, quite soapy baby-powdery fresh, which I very much like.

Frayja
Frayja

I totally agree with Juliana6's review.
Especially with the part of feeling happier,sunny,making you,me,us,to smile!
Its a wonderful perfume,really well blended and makes you feel for sure,in the mood for love!

Juliana6
Juliana6

I've got a 100 ml tester and I love what's written on it in order to describe the notes:
"Love at first sight -tamarind, bergamot, bitter orange, magnolia, white rose
Falling in love -orange blossom, lily-of-the-valley, transparent jasmine, red rose,cedarwood
Love forever -amber, white musk, sandalwood" . Such a lovely way to compare the scent with "the stages" of love.

The opening is fresh, but quite quickly it transforms into a thick, warming, hugging and sensual cloud. Makes me feel happier, more "sunny", makes me smile more. The bottle is like the seashells I used to find on the beach when I was a little girl- round, white and as big as my little palm. A lovely white floral with an edge of the unforgettable.

lisce
lisce

Not for me. Very pleasant at opening, but citrus aroma disappears after few min and leaves strong jasmine scent. reminds me on Ferre Essence.

Antares811
Antares811

Wow! Delicious! What a beautiful floral. Very feminine, warm, sweet and romantic. A bit weak staying power on my skin.

elena61
elena61

I was carried away by some comments which is why I got it in body lotion. It seems as the smell is nice, feminine and "my kind of scent" indeed - if I could only feel it in my skin! While I can still smell it in the bottle, it practically disappears as soon as I've applied it on my skin and it seems that even an ordinary shower gel/soap/non-perfumed body lotions leave a stronger scent on my skin. Could be just my chemistry. Fortunately it at least still has a hydrating function...

purepoison
purepoison

Beautiful, natural, breathtaking, unique... it hypnotise you. i'm sniffin' it while writting this comment an i feel like the world is such a beautiful place. I want to wear this perfume forever. This is perfect scent, my new signature, i'm in love. Thank you Ferre! <3

The bottle is very pretty also,and good packaging quality, but they can sell it in plastic cup if they want to, i would buy it anyway over and over and over again. mmmmmmm, that magical smell...

kakaka2
kakaka2

This is one of my favourite perfumes. Strangely, I never liked it when sprayed on a blotter - I've tried it several times - something attracted me to this beautiful sleek bottle, but I never ended up even memorizing the name.

However, once I sprayed it on my wrist and that was it - I needed only a short walk in the store to decide I will definitely have it.
It is so gentle and womanly and has surprisingly good staying power on me. This perfume is more of a feeling than of a scent, a feeling of lightness and purity.

Actually I wore this to my wedding day, my honeymoon, my first wedding anniversary and eventually my child's birth in March. It tells a story of a life :)

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

This one is like a gentle Tuscan breeze that brought along with it whifs of floral and fruity notes. Warm, sensual and a little bit powdery. It conjures the images of a brunette, sun-kissed beauty lounging under the Italian sun. Quite unique too, I smelt nothing quite like it from other perfume houses. The comparison with Dior Pure Poison to me is a bit out of context, since PP is an overwhelming conconction while Love is more nondescript and quiet. The only thing they have in common (probably) is the presence of jasmine which you notice almost immediately. A pretty balanced composition that is neither too light or too heavy so it would work for both day and night settings. Highly recommended for those who would like something unique yet not too outlandish, understated yet still stands out amid the crowd. Longevity and sillage still to be determined. Will update once I tried this for a few hours or so...
p/s: Love the art deco inspired bottle! Totally adds to the charm of the juice inside. Cute name too!

edit: Longevity is pretty decent, a good 6 hours before fading into a faint scent that sticks close to your skin. Sillage is good too. Just enough to catch the attention of the person sitting next to you. Overall a good buy for me. Definitely would recommend this to friends...=)

Olefact
Olefact

Writing a description of this perfume presents a real challenge gor me: it's a bit like coming across something that's neither animal, mineral or vegetable. I found myself nodding my head when I read it contained Magnolia - but I'm not sure I would ever have realized it on my own. It's one hard perfume to crack!

There's an undeniable bitterness to it, but that's not the first thing that hits you - the bitterness is at tail-end of the scent. There's an initial sharpness (not citric though, more like a raw green, e.g. a flower stem, or the inside of a very young tree branch, one that can't be snapped in two but has to be bent and twisted again and again) followed by a nose-tickling floral - the magnolia. I also pick up a very convoluted Lily of the Valley. There are perfumes where the flowers seem to retain their integrity but this isn't one of them. As unique as this perfume is, I would not wear it. The rawness of the green bugs me. Yellowish Pale-Green Raw doesn't hold much appeal.

athina67
athina67

magic!!!

sonic.dia
sonic.dia

It was love at first sniff for me with this one, it stayed on my mind until I bought it. I loved it so much, and in fact I still love it, but I cannot wear it. There is something in it that makes me sick when I spray it too close to my nose (neck area). I gave it many tries but finally had to get rid of it and gave it to my mom.
So although I find it amazing in many ways, it's a big disappointment that I'm not able to enjoy it as I would want to...
Anybody else has the same experience?

Elenkina
Elenkina

Second in the list of my favourite fragrances. Love it. Always in the mood to wear it. Light, warm and makes me happy. Unfortunately the bottle almost finished, so trying not to use it too much, coz not sure can buy it everywhere.

cathy.halk
cathy.halk

I always wanted to own only two or three unique perfumes to wear day or night ,during all seasons.But every time i say to myself that i found them,a new temptation comes out on the market! This perfume released in 2009 and i like it so much.It's on my list to be mine in the future.Floral, feminine,elegant and long lasting.

rachelfaenza
rachelfaenza

I just love this fragrance!last quite long..Its quite expensive though and the newer edition "Pure" is not so long lasting.

eva.90
eva.90

It's a nice fresh scent, great for spring or summer. It's not too strong, it's long lasting perfume and it smells totally different on every skin! I was surprised when my boy-friend put it on, this perfume got a manly scent, so I guess it's not strictly for women.

imoore
imoore

orange flower and amber after 20 minutes on my skin

I am very very disapointed!

since on paper all the other notes are nice and lasting.

but not on my skin

It is more economical to use Potter and Moore Orange flower and amber.
But one thing is for sure these two nuances are real esential oils with traces on paper, which is nice touch anyhow.

better luck next time...

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i can t tell more about this precious scent, than my previous reviewer tells about this wonderful perfume, he describes it perfectly. love it!

perfumer11
perfumer11

purchased it 2 weeks ago in Sharm El Sheikh duty free airport. Fell in love with this fragrance from the first sniff. Loving it!

perfume_junkie
perfume_junkie

I find this perfume unique...when you first smell it it's like you're entering a flower garden..it's feminine and very beautiful, it has nothing to do with Pure Poison from Dior...it is definetely my fav and I think it will take a long time till another like this will be created.

guest_nina
guest_nina

i have this...my dad bought me yesterday....i am in love with this parfum

Lala Chen
Lala Chen

the bottle is very special,the smell is light and sweet ,as wind of summer night.

adrienn99
adrienn99

it smelled lovely somewhat just my type,however with time it became soury/bittery on my skin so finally I did not go for it

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

On me this is the floral scent , but with the original breath of air. Similar to Hermes Eau des Mervelles but more delicate. I instruct to test. Is very good quality.

melozberk
melozberk

Ok I love the name but bottle seemed to be like a sun protection lotion commercial or too much 80's. Anyway in the end i liked the idea. After trying on me i couldn't find any relation with being "in the mood for love". I was expecting something more thrilling, romantic by the name... Very fresh and then becoming a bit sour on me. Reminded me very much DKNY Energizing one but I think DK is much more sophisticated. I checked the ingredients just now and they are quiet similar though DK is much more richer and longer lasting. So for me it is like a summer eau de cologne, not really a perfume. And i agree nothing extraordinary at all.

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

in the mood for love sort of awakes my emotions. i dont know how can this be expressed otherwise but it inspires me in a way and sometimes the scent reminds me of the smell of the old lipsticks of dior or estee maybe?! i´m not sure.
but this scent makes me kind of menace and imaginative.. interesting huh? :)

golyad
golyad

in spite of i don't like floral odors specially Rose, this one has a very unique scent witch i like maybe, because of the bitter orange.
it is very soft and doesn't change from the beginning till the end.
a good and non-popular fragrance for the one who likes the light smells.
i also like the design of the bottle:as unique as the scent.

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

SOunds like a simple with no fuss fragrance reading from the ingredients, but I just love the name. In the mood for love reminds me of Wong Kar Wai's classic movie. And I used to adores Grianfranco Ferre when he still works with Dior and launched Dune. So, I bet it worth a try to test.

Nuusutaja
Nuusutaja

A beautiful, ideal fragrance. For me, this is a soft and tender version of Cacharel's Eden. And I like it very much, because I always wanted to wear Eden, but it's too heavy. Now I can wear this mild and soft scent.

I have enough reasons to crave to smell this perfume.
first,it's all about the name.I love the movie 'in the mood for love' made in 1999 and in which love doesn't end foolishly with a sexual intercourse.
Second,I love most of Ferre perfumes.my favorite is GF ferre,but I also like rose editions...
Third,Maurice Roucel is my favorite perfume maker.the designer of Insolence,Gf ferre,Guess and so so many other ones.
so,hopefully it's available in the stores now and I have a splash of it on my hand.
I'm not sure it's what I expected to smell according to the name 'in the mood for love'.but it's beautiful.I agree with zvoncica and other previous reviewers.it doesn't change during the time.to me it's all about rose and magnolia.I think it's more likely a floral perfume rather than a floral fruity.it's warm and easy to wear.I don't get any complicated,sophisticated scent.but like the color of bottle says,it's white,pure and soft.I see some kind of innocence in this perfume that makes me believe the name matches the personality of it.
I can't deny that I smelt this perfume in a time I was ready to get in the mood for love,but since I decided not to fall,I don't think I'll buy it.I think at the time I need something more sophisticated.but still I love to smell it from time to time and listen to the soundtrack of 'in the mood for love'.

zvoncica
zvoncica

I liked In The Mood For Love from the first sniff.

This scent practically doesn’t change from the beginning till the end. All the way is rose and magnolia covered with slight orange bitterness. It is gentle, fresh and uplifting. Has no sweetness and is really pure and light. Perfect choice for everyday wear and throughout entire year. It is so easy to wear and enjoy this perfume.

From the moment I sprayed it on my hand I thought how great and familiar this scent is! And we all know that people can easily fall in love with familiar stuff. This is Pure poison copy, that’s were the love and familiarity came from!

vertigo
vertigo

Very soft and gentle, a truly white scent.
Soft and fluffy, and ah so lovely!
I find it unique, romantic and not girly at all.
I get magnolia and dry woods and very light amber.
For my nose, it doesn't change in time.
It's not a kind of fresh fragrance, and I think it could be worn even in colder months.

After first sniff I thought I'll get this for 99%. But I won't. On my skin it becomes a bit bitter. I don't know where does it come from (maybe the bitterness of orange shows up after an hour...), but it disturbs me. Too bad.

e9rul7
e9rul7

it is the best floral fruity fragrance!! it has nothing to do with 'pure poison'. it's quite long lasting!!!
the bottle: unique, piece of art!

kevaana
kevaana

I really like this fragrance.

You know why?

Because I splash the juice on my wrist, instantaneous smelled different than any other lately launches. This fragrance has the aroma of past years when in fragrance industry was a little bit decency.

All the new launches these days smell the same (a fruity shampoo feeling), but this one gave me the feeling of something beyond. I felt a gourmand but also flowery touch. Magnolia is very evident in this mixture. Also I smell the bitter orange - but the great part is the fact that this aroma brings a natural touch (you almost taste it).

Because of the synthetic aromas we all changed the idea of how a fruit smells. We all believe that citrus smells like sweet detergent.

I am glad to find a good fragrance like this.

wosic
wosic

I like this fragrance - i found it unusual. I actually found it similar not to Pure Poison but to Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood. Only I prefer Boudoir better - it's uniqe and lasts longer.

LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Nothing special, but nice "office" fragrance for summer. Ialso think it has nothing to do with Pure Poison!

guest_july
guest_july

I think there is nothing to do with pure poison here, but that is just my humble opinion.
This fragrance is a disappointment for me. I love and respect GF's fragrances so that i expected something as good as the previous creations. But i find this one boooring ... :( flat girly fruity-floral, nice, ok, but nothing new or extraordinary.