Designers » F-H » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men

marine
Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Videos
Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Inspired by beauty of Pantellerie, where he spent his vacation, Armani created the aroma of Aqua di Gio for men and women. The fragrance for men is a scent of freedom, full of wind and water. The composition is built of a perfect harmony of sweet and salty notes of sea water and nuances of sunny warmth on your skin. Aqua di Gio is full of scorching Mediterranean sun. Bitter citrus with aromatic nuance of rosemary intertwines with salty, sea nuances and pellucid hedione. Sharp notes of spices are softened by woody base with warm, musky trail.

It was created in 1996 by Alberto Morillas.

Orange Lime Mandarin Orange Jasmine Bergamot Lemon Neroli

Cyclamen Nutmeg Mignonette Coriander Violet Freesia Sea Notes Peach Hiacynth Rose Jasmine Rosemary Calone

Amber Patchouli Oakmoss Cedar White Musk

360° Red for Men
Acqua di Gio Essenza
Just Me for Man
The Essence

Acqua di Gio Fragrance Reviews

vitolezio
vitolezio

I dont really mind about smelling like other thousand guys, it is a pretty good scent and quite safe.
I would reccomend for office use or summer days.

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

With this brief story I will be reviewing only the "uniqueness" element of this fragrance:

I was recently out with a group of friends at a birthday dinner. On the way to the restaurant, I kid you not, every man on the street who walked by us wearing a fragrance was wearing Acqua di Gio. All of them. Every single one.

My friends and I eat dinner. A couple of hours go by. We leave the restaurant and pass a group of fraternity guys standing outside. Again, they all smelled like they recently bathed (probably together), in Acqua di Gio. At this point my friends noticed and commented on how all the local gents seem to wear the same perfume.

No joke, we walk into the parking structure to drive home, and guess what? Yep, more Acqua di Gio, but this time some generous fellow had decided to spray (evidently) a whole 100 ml bottle into the air... The entirety of the three level parking structure reeked of Acqua di Gio, with the olfactory terrorist nowhere in sight.

I nearly drowned in calone (see what I did there?).

Acqua di Gio is the perfect fragrance for those who wish to smell like everybody else.

Ferrogamo2015

Projection 9/10
Overall 9.5/10

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I like the fact that this smells exactly the same now, as the 12 year old sample i dug out a few weeks ago. I'm definitely not a fan of many Armani fragrances, code in fact makes me feel physically sick. But ADG is no natural smelling, a truly beautiful fragrance which develops very well on the skin, the base is a truly warm glowing amber/wood smell which i really love. A true classic.

Quick update. 8 Hours later and it still smells fabulous, albeit within arms length, good longevity for an EDT

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

for me this one was kinda harsh and to bitter when i first sprayed it on , then after it settled , i was like ah i see why this is so popular , so yes i like it , its fall now so wasn't really the right season , this is totally spring summer type of thing , i hear people say everyone smells like it well i never smelled it till i got it lol so if its popular i never smelled it in my world , but i am kinda on the go work work work , then home not much other than that and driving a bus , kids dont tend to wear colognes lol well this one kid steals his big brothers le male and puts way to much of it on lol i dont mind cus i like the scent :)

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A masterpiece and a classic. It has stood the test of time. It's a top seller everywhere. A people pleaser scent that always gets complimented. I have had 3 or 4 bottles of this and still wear it every now and then. I don't feel a need to go into detail about it as everyone has smelled it. I like it but like 360 Red just a bit more.

Jtay
Jtay

As a female, this is one of my top two male fragrances. All the women I've talked to about this one find it irresistibly sexy, as do I. Feels young-ish and aquatic. For once the adverts match the scent. There is no excuse for any man under thirty not to be wearing this scent. Divine.

King Faiz
King Faiz

Expensive? yes
Worth it? Absolutely
my holiday scent wore it when I went abroad... Another scent which brings back memories.

Scent 9/10
Longevity 6-8 hours
projection beastly in summer

Favourite summer scent.

promaya
promaya

I agree that there are many citrus scents out there thaat resemble this one that can be bought at much lower prices but, then again- as a woman, whenever I smell this one, I turn my head to see the man who is wearing it. It's a classic and an expensive one but, a classic that presses all the buttons. The one and only.

I love Givenchy Blue Label
I love Versache Pour Homme
I love Ralph Loren Polo Blue

And I get all of them in one bottle..
That is Aqua Di Gio !

One more thing ; it doesn't cause my
nose any undesired harshness.

Buy it with confidence.

I love Givenchy Blue Label
I love Versache Pour Homme
I love Ralph Loren Polo Blue

And I get all of them in one bottle..
That is Aqua Di Gio !

One more thing ; it doesn't cause my
nose any undesired harshness.

Buy it with confidence.

Learodney
Learodney

Love. I know a few people who wear this fragrance, mostly men but one woman, and it sits differently on each of them. This fragrance smells like just the fragrance on some people, but for others it enhances their natural smell. This fragrance is witch's work.

velgasius
velgasius

Amazing cologne! Yes it's aquatic, but it smells so unique and high in quality. The fresh & cooling notes smell very high quality and for those of you who hate citrus, you won't notice it. Yes the note pyramid consists of a lot of citrus but it's blended so well with the fresh aquatic notes and the rich spices that you won't notice it there. The spicy notes is what makes it stand out because it's about 80% of the whole fragrance. I get that nostril-clearing herbal scent from it, like some kind of ginger or basil, it's the coriander note! As for the performance, the meters never lie :) Won't be buying it again though, the performance-price factor made it a one-time buy for me. Try the essenza version, don't know if it smells similar to ADG but it's supposed to perform better :)

israuseli
israuseli

Nice
clean, light and pleasing

BUT there are so many good aquatics for very cheap.
Its smells like a typical Nautica(but lighter)

Not worth more than 30$

Projection and longevity are decent for aquatic

diazzegaf
diazzegaf

wanna have cheaper version of this fragrance, gotta try franck olivier Blue touch, smell is pretty close and longevity is not bad 6 - 9 hours!

olfactorium

The one caveat I would offer is to purchase ADG new from a reputable retailer and not some bargain bin, flea market, or questionable online seller. This fragrance is at its best when it is very fresh and not far removed from its vendor, as are all fragrances with complex bouquets.

olfactorium

I believe that few things are more personal than fragrance. You are applying it directly to your body and wearing it in YOUR life, not someone else's. All of my decisions regarding fragrance are founded on that principal, and although I have a drawer full of mistakes (you can't attempt to be a connoisseur of anything without erring in judgment), I have never felt like I made a mistake in buying ADG. Just refer to the pyramid above and you will see why: an array of stinging citrus notes opens entwined with a ribbon of jasmine which then swaggers into a bed of hothouse florals with hints of peach and nutmeg, and finally settles into a sensual base of orientals, wood and white musk, while still retaining the spirit of the florals and fruit which have been made love to with expertise. I can't think of too many perfumers who would attempt to concoct such a brew, satisfying to the male ego and singularly elegant, from such disparate elements and without going horribly wrong somewhere, but Giorgio Armani does it and did it as a modern introduction to the word "aqua".

I would say that when I wear ADG, I am doing it just for myself, usually after a day in the sun when my skin is warmly receptive to this reviving medley of aromas. It certainly evokes the Italian isle which inspired its creation with its sun-washed calderas, ancient lava flows, hot springs and lovely green tufts that one must travel a great distance to sniff in person; moreover, Giorgio Armani makes it possible in a bottle (for a reasonable cost) and is really at his best here in this Mediterranean garden (think Code, Sport Code, Code Ultimate, etc). I revere all of the Armani fragrances I own and this one is no different: you simply have to forget all the negative postulation about "Guidos", nightclubbing, rites of passage, and ubiquity and then just experience it yourself, on your own terms, with your own flesh (not a scrap of paper), and in your own (preferably sunny) environment. Once you have done this, you may find yourself transported to a less accessible place free from hype!

Pat Bateman

Also, this is definitely not the king of aquatics, not top 3. Maybe if you are only considering cheaper colognes but no, not even close, Probably not even in the top 5. There are 5 creeds alone that are aquatic in nature that destroy this. But if you are talking about under 80 bucks then it is in the top 3. Also, everyone and their brother and best friend has not only tried it but bought it for years. And I also agree with the person who said it is a noob cologne, definitely popular and a favorite among those who do not wear more than a couple scents, etc.

Pat Bateman

It is a great scent, but I vowed to never buy it again when I was like 20. It is just worn by wayyyy too many people for me, I like to wear something no one else has on. If you go to a club, esp college age, like 1 in 4 guys will have this on. It does have a great scent but is a little generic and wayyy over-worn, imo. So I rate it lower than most, and not because of the fragrance at all, but because of it's mass over-use. If you want another great Armani that is not near as popular but still a great fragrance go with code. Other than that if you are in this price range I would recommend about 5 burberrys over this as well as bleu de chanel, and a couple versace's, dreamer for instance. But it does have a great citrus scent, I cannot lie. i just hate how way over=worn it is,

ShengmingHu
ShengmingHu

very nice cologne. I purchased once for my friend, he loves it and wear it everyday! However, I won't buy it for myself, because it's too popular now, I want something unique! 8.5/10

ssq
ssq

Had it in high school don't remember what it smelled like, but i remember enjoy it.

adyyy7
adyyy7

It is already a classic.Very good quality .Despite the high price for his category it seems that everybody have it.So it is a pretty common perfume.

Boxcuttahz
Boxcuttahz

Yeh yeh, everyone has it, its so generic, blah blah blah

Say what you want to say buy I just got my first genuine bottle of acqua di gio and I have to say, it became very popular for a good reason and so it should! It deserves some respect in the fragrance community.

Just try it! At least!

To me it is hands down one of the best fragrances to this date for summer and especially spring.

Gorgeous fragrance, I love it and I am glad this is in my collection

silentman26
silentman26

Fresh, modern, clean smell. A blast of citruses and flowers. Becomes fruity, spicy and watery. A fine blend of wood and musk at the end. Uplifting with great sillage and longevity. Acqua is a great intro to the aquatic designer fragrances.

Jalk
Jalk

Try it.. its elegant and fresh.
If u feel are fun, free and warm elegant person.
This is for u..

Age 25-46? yea.

Jomoves

When this first came out it really was something unique, but now it's one of that those things that girlfriends and wives who don't know much about fragrance buy for men who aren't really into fragrance.

JFrags
JFrags

wow.
I got a spray at the Ulta just out of curiosity. The hype is real. I get a huge ocean wave with all of these subtle fruit and florals and woodiness... the fresness and the musk coming together is not overpowering; but i only wonder what the skin chemistry would be like with me.

I wish I naturally smelled like this; as a woman and comparing this one to the Acqua Di Gioa which is only slightly weaker and has a sweet tinge to it... I've got to eventually get my hands on this fragrance one of these days.

Subtle and sexy and really an attractive scent.
The hype is real.

Noley
Noley

Over-used or not, it still has my vote for the overall king of aquatics - not so much in terms of quality, but just in the art that it set such a huge trend to build from with this scent.

aryo

The first time i tried adg esenzza.. beeuuh.. smell like an eeg.. i dont like it ad makes me under estimate for original adg.. but i dont know why i give a try after i get on paper.. fresh and oceanic ozonic..

Then boom.. I LOVE IT..!!

Its fresh and elegant like channel allure home sport.. and i really enjoy to use..
The sillage is moderate but the longivity is excelent..

I spray it on my shirt.. 10h still smell it.. WOW..!!

Overal : 9/10

I Have to admit why this gem to be best seller..

Try it.. its elegant and fresh.
If u feel are fun, free and warm elegant person.
This is for u..

Age 25-40

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Musky, fresh yet modern - smells amazing on my partner as his more casual scent - notes of Cool Water on a base of the original Hugo Boss to my nose.

MSL
MSL

1 | The input notes are unpleasant - they are very stressful and *salt*; however, they do not last long - only a few minutes. 2 | The main aroma is simply wonderful & charming, very well prepared. 3 | Undoubtedly, great fragrance for summer and, especially, *daily use*. --- Aroma: 9.75 / 10 (my second best perfume, behind the 'Bvlgari Extrême'). Longevity: 8/10 (7-8 hours). Projection: 8/10 (good for the first hour).

Fate By Number
Fate By Number

Bought this based on women's ratings of their hottest men's colognes. Its a really like-able scent for sure. Its fresh and clean and I will wear this any time of day, month or year. I smell citrus for sure, some marine notes, cedar, rosemary. Its all very fresh. I don't think you can go wrong buying this one. Even if everyone has it, so what?

Pros: Smells great, fresh, women like it, rave reviews
Cons: A bit pricey but not really for such a successful cologne.
8.5/10

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

The actual scent of this is nice in a rather generic way but there re so many more creative and interesting colognes. This says I am successful and mainstream and I want everyone to know... to me this is citrus/aquatic/ozone. I think the fact that its become far to popular kind of takes away from it. Im strange but I like fragrances which smell very unique and like to wonder "what is that scen?t" rather than "oh hes wearing Aqua di Gio" or said cologne.

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

This is one of the best acquatic fragrances in the market today since it was made back in 1996. It's a classic imo which has stood the test of time. This is one of Armani's best, though I'm sure it has gone through some reformulations it still smells alot better than any of it's younger and current flankers or even many of the other acquatic frags out there both in the niche and designer level.
I haven't bought a bottle for myself in years only because it was just so popular that every other guy was wearing it when I used to. Anyhow I had just recently tried this at the mall and it's brought back such good memories of hot summer days and cool summer nights. I won't get into the notes or whatever like that but only to say that this is one the best men's summer frags out there and will be getting myself a full bottle supply again. It's quintessentially an Armani masterpiece, sophisticated, classic & elegant. No flankers could ever beat or replace it imo.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

Ah the ex boyfriend scent. I do think this smells nice but it is way too over played. With that said people do love it and this fragrance has stood the test of time. My opinion is 6.5/10

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

I wanted to love it, but I don´t. It doesn´t last long on me and has no real character that makes it interesting enough. Mostly citruses. It´s okay. But it´s overused like so many have written before, and overpriced where I live (Northern Europe). The woman I live with told me it smelled ”Just like her fathers scent”. Perhaps she ment the classic Armani I used as a teenager. Acqua Di Gio is perhaps the scent for You who want what others want, for no other reason. Many women may like it, I don´t care, and all do not. No way I´m getting this.

Should You get it? Yes, if You don´t mind smelling like your girlfriends ex, or unintentionally reminding her of that guy she secretely just never can forget... 6/10 (Ok scent, but overused, overpriced, and quite weak.)

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

one of my favorite perfumes all times , one of the most memorial and unique aromatic perfumes , chapeau bas

ShaverX

It's to bad that ADG has come down to this. the quintessential player/player wannabe guido cologne. Because of Giorgio's intent on creating a scent reminiscent of his vacation island of beautiful Pantelleria. i want to like this cologne because of the Mediterranean citrus vibe that it gives but can not stand what it has became. it's a shame. it's not the fragrances fault. The problem is is that it has a catchy name that guidos would surely gravitate too and it was also the first of it's kind launched way back in 1996. Nowadays i go with versace pour homme when i'm looking for this kind of flavor in a fragrance.

fiouu
fiouu

This was going to be my "say something nice" of the Day, but after reading mostly misogynistic comments regarding this fragrance and what it "provokes in girls" I was brought back to my initial comment : overworn and douche water. If you like to be an asshole and brag about every girl you've fucked this probably Will suit you nicely. Also, Girls, if you spot a guy smelling like this, run away fast otherwise you'll be stuck with a misogynist MOFO Who only wants to get into your panties. I never thought the People Who wear this and their overinflated egos would make me steer clear of this very well crafted cologne. Now it's Just a red Flag in my Book. Thanks a lot guys.
Ps: a friend of mine says this is pimp cologne or porn film director scent. He's an homosexual adult entertainer and escort, of the fancy ones.

Jessie0920
Jessie0920

My boyfriend and I both have this fragrance, and we both love it so much.
It reminds me of some guy handsome, mature and wearing a white shirt.It's also perfect and casual for everyday use.

freddo
freddo

Ladies and Gents, this is the world's most popular cologne. I have one word to describe this fragrance and that is:... CITRUS. There is so much more to it than citrus however that is all people take away from it. Girls LOVE this scent. They get on their knees faster than a praying muslim.

kingderella
kingderella

Fresh, clean, and pleasant; but also generic, boring, and overused.

Hz.rtro
Hz.rtro

i cant handle this, every time i use this, it gives me a terrible headache.

CUMTHRU$T0MPN!
CUMTHRU$T0MPN!

10/10,A+,100%, GOAT

twlahue

I love this fragrance. My wife loves this fragrance. But sadly, Whenever I want to wear it, I find myself reaching for Issey Miyake instead. Miyake outperforms this, having a lifespan 3 times as long. Miyake is more complex, more interesting and more noticeable. I also have Essenza and Perry Ellis 360 Red. But I still go with Miyake.

JPS1979
JPS1979

Ugh! Sorry, not a fan. Even back in my college days, I did not enjoy smelling this on people. It's overrated and underdeveloped. Just smells cheap to my nose. No go for me!

orlandopiano

This is a fragrance that could be the only one a man has or one of many. Either way, it should be in his arsenal. Women of all ages generally find this scent very sexy. It's very popular, but for a reason.

I began wearing this in the 90's before it became so popular. It was my signature scent for about 7 years. As more and more guys were wearing it for the obvious reason that it smells great, I moved on to a couple others that were more unique in the market place. However, I almost always have a bottle of this in my car. It's a sure thing for smelling amazing and goes well year around at most any kind of event.

Of all the aqua fresh scents available, this is the gold standard and, in my opinion, the very best. It's a true classic and a true masterpiece in every sense of the word.

Atbinj
Atbinj

i hate this fragrance that being said i dont own it but i have tried it with samples and it was awful. the sample was probably around 15 ml the first time i used up about 5 ml and no one smelt it on me and after the first hour the scent was gone. the second time i wore all of the 10 ml and again it faded away after an hour.... awful

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I finally got around to trying this fragrance a few times while on vacation the past couple weeks. It wasn't bad (pleasant enough scent) but I don't see how this one is any different than a dozen other fresh aqua fragrances I have sitting on the shelf. It's okay, but overall I was disappointed with AdG - I can think of at least a dozen aqua fragrances I would reach for before this one.

Kaffesump23
Kaffesump23

Some time ago a beautiful girl approached me in a club asking me what scent I was wearing! I answered Armani Aqua du Gio! She said she really liked it and we started kissing soon after! This scent seems to attract attention from girls, at least this time. At the same time I think it smells very fresh and it is a nice scent for daytime too! A must have for every man! :)

Madholm

I did not intend to pick this scent up today, but I was at Sephora in JCPenny (7/3/2014) testing some other frags. They had it as a gift set on clearance. Regular price $84, marked down -$26.01 on clearance with another -$14.50 extra discount making it $46.75 with tax (ymmv). This was for a 100ml (3.4oz) EDT, deodorant, aftershave, and body wash. Honestly this was a steal and I couldn't pass it up.

I won't post yet another review, but I wore this stuff for years with tons of compliments. Never had a GF who didn't like it. No brainer to add it back to my collection for the price I paid.

orlandopiano

So what if it has become so popular. There's a reason. If you are looking for a sure winner with the ladies, this is it. It is certainly battle-tested and a proven winner on the dating scene. Personal experience talking here. My wife, when we first met and started dating, referred to it as "Sex Water." Ah, good times.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Yogi Berra once said: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." That's how I feel about Acqua di Gio. It's a great scent, but I had stopped wearing it about 6 or 7 years ago (until just recently) because everyone else was wearing it and I wanted to explore other scents. There are a lot of great ones out there, but in my book this one still rates with the best of them. Perfect for summer with enough longevity to get me through the day and enough sillage to notice but not overwhelm. A winner.

badkarma
badkarma

I can smell the coriander and some spice.. The jasmine and lemon notes are wonderful but the spice makes this sharp.
I prefer bvlgari Aqva to this, I think it is much smoother and lasts a lot longer on my skin, won't buy again but it's a wonderful fragrance.. I just prefer bvlgari adva for it's smoothness.. overall I think they are both as good, depends on your taste really.. No one else cares what you smell like unless you smell like ditch-water and sweat.

Furby76
Furby76

I bought this blind today, and after reading the reviews I don't understand how it can be given so many negative reviews due to it's popularity. Surely the idea of a scent is to smell good? And Acqua di Gio is more than good, it's an amazing scent. I can fully understand why women would love this on a man. This is so fresh it's like walking from the Mediterranean Sea James Bond style, and putting on your white linen trousers, crisp blue cotton shirt and brown Bally loafers for an evening meal in the marina, watching the sunset behind the huge yachts rocking softly on the waves.

Acqua di Gio will go down as an all time classic scent, and deserves to be in everymans bathroom cabinet. Own it and enjoy it.

sf2explus
sf2explus

the best mainstream aquatic scent i don't get any harshness that you find in some fragrances in this one, especially the opening.
it opens very watery with a light touch of citrus mainly lime and a little lemon. after two hours the watery notes town down and your left with a nice soft floral/citrus a little sweet. not 1 million sweet but the sweetness is there. this will last a solid 6 hours every single time. and after that it's close to the skin. the scent is very nice but too popular which can be the only fault i can think of.
this is for when you go out in a hot day and you just want to have fun not out to impress anyone. spray a few on the clothes as well as skin a fewq extra spray of this one won't hurt no one. but showering in this scent can be very offputting.
overall a solid aquatic and the best mass market aquatic available.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Finally got a bottle of this and I have to say, I don't quite get all the hoopla about it. Sure its very clean and fresh, but it just doesn't last very long on me at all. Luckily I got it for a pretty good price, but I just can't see plunking down $60 or more at Macy's just because its popular. I also have 360 Red by Perry Ellis, and while I'm not a big fan of the cinnamon and clove notes in that fragrance, at least it lasts longer than 2 hours on me. I have also heard that Just Me for men by Paris Hilton (as much as I hate to say it) is a pretty good ADG imitation. Just goes to show that having a high price tag and fancy name brand doesn't necessarily equate to an exceptional fragrance.

Edit: I might actually have to amend my review a bit. After wearing this today, I realized that I was too harsh with ADG. It actually does project for a bit longer than 2 hours, and it smells better than any generic aquatic. I wear Perry Ellis 360 Red, a very competent ADG cologne, more often than ADG since 360 Red lasts much longer. However, I don't think it smells as good as the real ADG, and I simply wear ADG less often to conserve it since its a little on the pricey side. Very clean, natural, and great scent!

Madholm

I still love this fragrance even though I no longer wear it. I'm sure one day I'll buy another bottle because it's such a crowd pleaser. Sadly it's immense popularity is heightened by the fact I live in FL where it's hot and humid making this fragrance great year round and very common.

It is one of the best scents to come out in my lifetime and the fresh aqua/citrus with the light spices and florals is a truely hypnotic smell. I know many despise this scent now but I consider it a mainstream masterpiece.

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

This scent is an ol' classic. i started wearing this cologne back in the summer of 2001. First time i actually decided to steal a cologne, i reached for this one. I grabbed the tester bottle and a new box. walked through the maintenance hall and walked out the Antelope valley mall with this one. It was a great scent, it attracted alot of girls. those Palmdale chicks were all over me. Little did i know my foster mom bought me this cologne for my birthday. Im planning to repurchase this fragrance. Fresh, and sporty.

ShaverX

Nothing like smelling like the one night stands your girlfriend had before you met!

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

Ridiculously over-worn in the USA and Canada in particular. Why? Because the lemon in the top of this is tremendous. Because Morillas did a marvelous job blending this and keep the citrus beautifully balanced with the floral and oceanic elements. Because this is a wonderful late spring and summer scent that does a wonderful job of recreating the atmosphere of a secluded, undeveloped Mediterranean beach with its floral, woodsy and aromatic elements.
If you can get beyond the fact this scent is worn by every man 40 and older at the gym and in the middle level management at the office, this is a fantastic scent. If you can't, we don't blame you either. No one wants to be just another corporate mid-level troll with a higher sense of self than reality would suggest.
But Morillas is simply so good you can't deny the brilliant merging of so many different accords into one magnificent, groundbreaking scent that opened the palette of aquatics beyond Kenzo Pour Homme, Aqua Motu and Cool Water and has created a wave of copy-cats in the early 2000's. If you like your Acqua Di Gio with a bit more spice and staying power in the dry-down, reach for Acqua Di Gio Essenza, it isn't as beautiful in the top as its predecessor, but it has a far more interesting dry-down come the two hour mark.

optoergo
optoergo

everybody just smells like this.
definetely NOT me...

Thomaso7
Thomaso7

I don't know but if anyone wants my opinion I just can;t stand this one. it smells so much like almonds or something - has a wierd smell I just can't like.

panoulis1992

longevity:7/10
projection:7/10
sillage:7/10
versatility:8/10
overall:36/50

DSauvage
DSauvage

The dry-down of this scent is such a nice floral one.

jf72
jf72

how can people say Acqua Di Gio has good longevity????????? I know there is probably some variation between skin types but it is beyond comprehension that a fragrance which is gone within 30mins-2 hours on my skin can be considered "long lasting" by anyone...

Etheras
Etheras

You can wear it everywhere. Its one of the best summer fragrances. Excellent longevity and projection. Nice smell and very interesting notes that combined make one of the most fresh parfumes out there. 10/10 for me. A really classic fragrance.

mikel.joko
mikel.joko

fresh n salty....cuma itu kata yg tepat menggambarkan parpum ini..

S:7/10
l:6/10
P:7/10
scent:2/10

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

One of my first fragrances I every purchased, and a staple in my collection.
From the first smell of Aqua Di Gio, I fell in love with its classy aquaticness and citrusy notes. It wreaks of class and sensuality, and is complex enough for any occasion.
The longevity on my skin is quite good, as it last about 6-8 hrs with decent projection. I have gotten quite a few compliments as well, as people tell me its smells 'fresh and clean'.
There is a reason this fragrance is a best seller- it is unique and a game changer. This can easily be someone's signature scent, as its emits a dominate and classy vibe for anyone that wears it.
I hear that the flanker, Essenza, is even better, and I look forward to purchasing it.

Projection- 7/10 (People will smell it)
Longevity- 7/10 (6-8+ hours)
Versatility- 9/10 (Whenever- formal/ informal)

bobosan336
bobosan336

This is a pointless fragrance. Given the fact that virtually every one of my friends has this and that it's been a best seller forever, I've never smelled it on anyone. Why? Because it's weak as hell and not memorable at all. People seem to buy it because of the hype. Few actually like it, and none would praise it for longevity, silage or uniqueness. You can do better with pretty much anything else especially given its price. A great example where price does not equal value. Realistically this one should be in the $10-20 range below Cool Water which is significantly superior in every respect.

garethjamesluke
garethjamesluke

It doesnt matter how much fragrances I collect, or how many I smell, I will always love Acqua di Gio. I wish there were more fragrances like this out there, I honestly think it's one of the best summer frags ever. There's something strangely unique about this that I cant clock in any other aquatics. When you smell this, you'll know why it's been a best seller for almost two decades.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

i have a love/hate relationship with acqua di gio..during winter time the patchouli irritates me but during summer its like a breath of fresh air.. keeps me coming back

Suvi23
Suvi23

I think it is a well priced fragrance. Not too expensive but not too cheap.

So. Acqua di Gio. It was actually my first fragrance I owned in my life. I was in love with it. Extremely fresh, extremely cool in an elegant way. Sophisticated. There are many notes I never get from it, but I am not the best at recognising notes. Definitely sea notes, lemon, lime, orange, jasmin and a few more nice flowers. Clean and citrusy opening, floral middle stage with a bit woody-musky drydown. One of the kings in the aquatic category.

Takes me to the beach, where the sun is shining, people are playing volleyball and I am preparing for my first (and I guess my last) try on surfing.

Is there a lot of similar scents in the perfume industry? Yes. But do I have a feeling with Acqua di Gio that no other summer scent gives me? Yes.

Longevity used to be fantastic with 11 hours. Nowadays it fades away in 6 hours. I will give it a score of 8 for the memory of old times. Maybe my skin chemistry has changed through these years or maybe another denied reformulation. Projection is great from a summer scent. This is my fourth 100ml bottle but I guess there will be a fifth as well.

Projection: 8/10
-------------------------
Overall: 27/10

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

This is a very generic aquatic. Nothing special. Ive smelled it everywhere. I dont get what all the hype is about. Its an older fragrance and is way too expensive.

lister
lister

One of the most memorable citrus-aquatic scents,quite complex, but very recognizable and overused.For this reason it took the same spot with cheap scents.

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

Purchased my first bottle ever of this stuff today(yes i know im late)

Very clean, fresh, citrusy, beachy, salty, aquatic..

Smell 9.5/10
Projection 7/10
Longevity 8/10
Versatility 10/10
Price 5/10(but it is worth it i guess)

Overall : 39.5/50 or (3.9/5)

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

The king of aquatics ! And for good reason.

I wish this scent worked on my skin but the spices on this just turn this scent really sour and peppery. If I were to give this scent a rating purely based on how it smells on me this would just simply be a review complaining about how this is over-rated. But ive smelled this on other people( A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE) and it smells amazing so I honestly cant.

This is a beautiful scent and when it smells how its supposed to its very fresh,watery,citrusy,very appealing and really a relaxing but fun scent. Its the perfect smell for warmer months. The downside to this is EVERYONE has either owned this or smelled it a million times before so its very hard to wear this and stand out. With that said you WILL get compliments on this as this is a people pleaser for sure.

A big downside to this is performance. It projects very well for the first 2 hours but after that its very close to the skin and only lasts on me from anywhere from 2-5 hours.

Even though this smells unpleasant on my skin and doesnt perform well im gonna rate this a 8.5 out of 10 because it smells amazing and is a best seller for a reason

anna.dkr5

At first, I wasn't too fond of the lime note. Don't get me wrong, citrus scents are my favourites, but there was something so sharp about this, that it gave me headaches. I also smelled a "plastic" accord, and something "murky", which I guess is the marine notes. I've been giving it the benefit of the doubt, and, although it doesn't match my body chemistry, I enjoy it if I spray it on my clothes.

saf11
saf11

I love this scent. I also find it funny how the people criticise it for not projecting well but then contradict themselves by saying that they can smell it all the time just by walking past people on the street!

takeitupthenose

Love this but gave it to my nephew. He is a freshman in high school and think he would get a lot more out of this. I will pick up red as I find it more mature.

DSun
DSun

Acqua di Gio, a victim of its own popularity. Imitators abound to this very day. However, others go a bit further and try to improve upon it. ADG wasn't born perfect inside a bottle and it was only a matter of time until someone eventually does succeed on the business of improvement

Enter gas chromatography by Perry Ellis 360 Red for Men.

Counterpointed by Acqua di Gio Essenza.

I am now trying to decide between PE360R or ADG Essenza. The original? Unfortunately, now I find it less interesting.

anna.dkr5

I'm not sure what this is all about, but I smell a synthetic seaweed note in this.
Does anyone think I might have a bad bottle (as in "turned juice")? I got this from Sephora.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

a good fresh scent... projection is almost non-existent not unless you put a fan to yourself... i need to spray a lot of this to project... good for hot weather and not offensive... it's just not exciting... citrus...some plastic like wrapper scent.. it's best for those who are not so into perfume... good for office wear... in my case, i don't like a perfume that doesn't stand out in a crowd...

takeitupthenose

True story... I have never smelled AdG before in my life. I have always avoided it due to its reputation and overuse. Well that changed when I received a bottle today. I bought a slightly used bottle for a great price. Let me be straight about something.... This could go in a fancy bottle, show up on lucky scent and sell for 150 per 50ml. This is a classic, the opening was so good I had to go back and look at the bottle. Now I see why women go cuckoo over this stuff. Like another reviewer said you can't worry about its popularity. This thing is gorgeous!

ladyone1
ladyone1

a friend suggested me this to give as a present to my husband. i really like it as its sooo fresh!! unfortunately, he does not wear it very ofen.

steve1991
steve1991

Don't care how many folks are rocking this baby, it's a winner in my book any day.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

This perfume has very sexy and sensual notes,first of all it has notes not to strong and not to heavy.
It has very good notes suitable for people of all ages..the tope notes is a combination of floral and nature notes :)

anna.dkr5

Pleasant, and light. The citrus, and soon after, marine notes are prominent for about half an hour on my skin. I prefer the drydown, because it smells fresher. It's good, but nothing special. I much prefer L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme to this.

Projection is close to skin.

DonPatrizio
DonPatrizio

I bought this in 2007 from a recommendation by a friend. I only used it for while then kept it stored until only a few days ago. I pulled it out and put it on after a shower.

I like the idea of Acqua di Gio much more than the reality. There isn't any redeeming quality to it other than the average person would find it pleasant. But for me, it brings back unpleasant memories and smells cheap. The bottle is gorgeous though.

artemiss
artemiss

OH my. This on a man who wears it well is one of my favorite smells ever. It's fresh and clean yet still warm and inviting. I guess it dates me to say this will always make me think of the prettiest boys at the club...

Pranav
Pranav

Safe option those who like aquatics and mild citruses.
It is a boys fragrance rther than being a MANly. Very soft, non offending, soft aquatic-citrusy-flowery-sweet fragrance.
You will feel fresh after using this one.. Feels like just had a splash of lemonade made from sea water with little flowers in the background.
To be honest this could have been little bitter to make it more manly, than what it is now.
But still good fragrance to wear, pretty casual and make you feel fresh. After a tough day in sun, come home, take a bath and have only one spray on your side of the neck and you're back in action.
But to me, this is not a office/everyday wear, but yes with jeans and a clean white linen shirt and a splash ADG will surely make girls go crazy for you.

Not lasting more than 3-4 hrs on my skin.. Where as 212, Dunhill and Lacoste last more than 6-8 hrs on me..

One more thing to add here I had bought one Rexona Deo few years back which smells almost similar to this but was little bitter and used to smell better than this and was more MANly.

tolgacavdar
tolgacavdar

Actually I'm a fan of Kouros. Since "the King" Kouros and Acqua di Gio belong to very different universes, I didn't interested in this aquatic gem for a long time.

What a pity for me...

This scent is simply wonderful. The peach comes from the bottom through the fresh-citrus ambiance and that makes the Gio an amazing stuff! This fragrance is not offensive at all and it's an ideal office perfume. Although Gio is generally suggested as a summer fragrance, I think it can be worn in a closed environment during the whole year. Another huge bonus point: Girls and women definitely like it!

Is it too popular? Hell yes... But who cares? McDonald's, Coke, t-shirts and jeans are also "too popular". Do you avoid them just for the sake of being "different"?

Why are you still sitting here and looking at the monitor? Go and get a big bottle of Gio!

osiris5
osiris5

This perfume is and stays a mystery. I like it for its casual freshness. AdG is casual. It is good for all day use. And i wonder why so many people like it. Because of one thing it is simple and easy going. And all great perfumes are in the long run unisex. That is also true of AdG so as y can read in the reviews, because some women wear it also. Is that all? No!
Its an aquatic-flowery scent where the flowery part dominates. I like Aqua di Roma far more because it has more class, but AdG is easy going. And its floral ingredients are great because one of the most common and beautiful smelling flowers is coming through in the middle and the base: Freesia!
Freesia with the fruity scent of Peach and fresh aquatic note. At the end a note of rose and in the base musk, makes it to a nice great scent for every day use. It makes you not only feel clean and fresh; it gives you the feeling to be in a Mediterranean common garden at the sea. It is for that reason that such a common perfume is so popular over many years. And it out there for quite many years.
If y like to smell flowery and clean this is a great perfume.

nero77
nero77

Sun, sea, salt... and Mediterranean summer.

The first time I smelled this, I found it really appealing. There's just something about it that makes safe and likeable, which I still wonder about. Then, I tried other things, forgot about it, dismissed it. As my tastes grew, I called it cheap, common, used the word "aquatic" and put it out of my mind for a few years. That is until recently... when I revisited it, tried it with an open mind, and surprisingly... it was still appealing! It actually feels like lying on an Italian beach, after a swim in the Mediterranean on a hot day in summer.

To start off, I can understand it's popularity, but I'm going to try and focus on why it's popular. Aqua di Gio is the fragrance which started the aquatic trend of the late 90's and which continues to the present day. Put simply... it was a landmark in that field, and spawned countless imitations, very much like Davidoff's Cool Water did 8 years previously. To me this fragrance does not smell as cheap or as cliché as other people make it out to be. It is popular for a reason, and just because it's common doesn't mean it smells any less good.

If I just focus on it's smell, not it's reputation, I would say that it reminds me of the beach under the hot Mediterranean sun. I really think the advertising fits the fragrance perfectly. I get salt water, hits of peach, jasmine and musk. In fact, when I close my eyes I get the impression of a basket of peaches and herbs and flowers all drenched in seawater and left drying in the sun. I don't know why, but that smells fantastic on skin!

I think I know why this is so appealing to many people. Personally I think it's to do with the salty watery vibe it gives off, coupled with flowers and sweet musk. It smells like warm skin, like you just stepped out of the sea (note: this smells nothing like a swimming pool... for those of you talking about calone etc.). To me it gives off a sweet smell of sweat, mixed with sea water and a jasmine floral musk type vibe. In short, it's like stepping out of the sea on a beach in Southern Italy, that's what I get out of it.

Having said that, it's very common and I can only see this working in certain situations, namely summer (especially hot summer days, I think it would do amazingly well then), any situation which involves swimming (beach, pool, vacations), I think it's perfect for a summer holiday by the beach; and finally I find it works best in casual situations, definitely a t-shirt and jeans type scent. Maybe a white or light coloured shirt but never a suit.

Yes it's common, a best-seller worldwide, but in the right type of situation (beach holidays, swimming, t-shirt casual), it works amazingly well. Summer Classic!

Edit: If you're interested in the "Essenza" version released in 2012, I couldn't find much difference between the two just that the eau de parfum focuses more on the woody and floral aspects of the original and less on the aquatic, fresh citrus side.

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

Great cologne!
Whenever I´m wearing it, there´s always someone that comes and ask me which cologne this is.
Really fresh! Nice spring/summer day fragrance.
Stays on for hours!
Impossible not to like it, at least!
Maybe that´s the reason why it´s been around for such a long time and it´s still one of the most sold colognes around the world.

jackfort
jackfort

This was the ultimate lady killer for me before Bleu de Chanel came out.

Sillage and longevity below average.

Veedabestchef

This probably the most popular fragrance in Florida. I mean everywhere i go i smelled it miles away. Its awesome summer fragrance but too popular where i live.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Back then, I loved it!!! Now I don´t find it that impressing anymore!! but most people find it nice and good smelling.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

The top notes are lemon and lime. Mids are rosemary and spice! Everything else in there blends nicely and it does so uniquely. Not what I expected, as far as aquatics go, in a good way.

HaNnAmAr1n
HaNnAmAr1n

Years back I smelled someone who was wearing this and I literally chased him down to ask him what it was and then pretty much immediately went out and bought it. It smells soooooo good, any man wearing this automatically scores some sexiness points from me. It's one of those scents that smells noticeably different on different people but it seems to work for just about everyone. It lasts a pretty decent amount of time and it can be smelled from a few feet away but it's not overpowering unless you use too much. I think this would make a great fragrance for just about any occasion- it would be good for work, a date, or just as an everyday signature scent. Love it.

Lava Drinker
Lava Drinker

Smells something like someone tipping a crate packed with flowers and citruses off a boat then salvaging it after a week at sea.

I get primarily an aquatic note, followed by something more prominently floral rather than citrus as some have said.

The only downside to this is that you and at least 500 other guys in your town will be wearing it plus it has been duplicated so many times, and so, be prepared to flush hope for uniqueness.

Nonetheless, it's "up there" with the most fresh of fragrances, and definitely a solid standard to have for a spring or summer rotation.

Overall: 8/10

twlahue

I am 42 years old and I smell this all of the time on guys my age where I live in Kentucky. However, even though it is common, it always smells great. Every time I wear it, my wife compliments it. So although it may be overplayed, it still works great. After all, women are used to all wearing different dresses while all the guys wear the same black tuxedos. Maybe that is just the way things are supposed to be.

frenchwhore237
frenchwhore237

Smells like a very tanned muscly guy who gets agressive if you bump into him. Not very original.

nimeshjoshi
nimeshjoshi

Nothing special . Now a days very common ;smells like cheap perfumes . Very common aquatic smell .

JamesVT
JamesVT

Very nice fragance but way too popular to my liking.

Marcos Oliveira

Rio de Janeiro 40° , esse é perfeito,alternando Acqua com Versace Fraiche...mas o Acqua é mais presente e dura mais,rastro maravilhos de bosque com a brisa do mar no fundo da fragancia...uma mistura perfeita para dias quentes. nota 10 !!!

GRAF
GRAF

Very fresh water and a little sweet. Nice scent but not for me.

eau de nath
eau de nath

Yes, this fragrance is great. A nice fragrance in a simple flacon. The top notes are really citrusy and it retains that citrus notes until the base notes. When it comes to the heart note, there comes a bit of salty note and floral notes but the citrus notes are a little bit overpowering. The drydown is nice because woody notes enter the frag. Others says that this is a common or popular frag and it smells like everyone, that's a bit true but it depends on how you like the frag. For me, Acqua di Gio is a father of men's perfumes because it smells so masculine. This is a masterpiece that blooms and never fades through the years... Really nice :)

markrosedale
markrosedale

The sea notes in this combined with the citrus make this one a little too harsh and dry. I don't like the top notes so I've never worn it long enough to know the dry down but I've smelt it on others and I know this one isn't for me.

lovetribe
lovetribe

in italy is most diffused.i think the most sell.
i like it but i prefer adg essenza.

LanceDior
LanceDior

I wish I didn't like this... But I live in one of the hottest parts of the world, and few of my frags have the right summery touch to them that cools myself and people close to me down. Gendarme is fantastic like that, but there is this sultry note beneath the nice Fred fruits which I just can't get past. Besides, being 18, most people I interact with either wear Lynx/Axe, Joop or 1Mill, haven't met too many people who wear this. Also I get terrific longevity and projection; people don't get annihilated by my perfume but if they come within one foot their nose gets tickled by a sweet fresh smell. But it does undeniably have the ugly stigma of popularity very deeply associated with it. I suppose it's because it's the most popular cologne ever made.

anna.dkr5

I sprayed it on a paper strip the other day, just for the heck of it. I'd smelled it before, and it was okay. Now, I think I might have become anosmic to it. Either that, or they had a bad tester.

Laurdess
Laurdess

Its funny to me how people degrade this scent when its one of the top selling fragrances of the year. Perhaps its way over worn, I completely agree. I also think if a man were to buy it today and meet a woman at the club, she would say..."you smell like my ex". Its very familiar. Clean, I do still like it.

Pianopolice

Wear this and be just like others. Nothing is wrong with the cologne though....oh wait there is....uniqueness is what it lacks.

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

a cucumber salad smell for a hundred bucks...
sounds fair, right?

[Irony mode off]

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

what was once a great brand is now sadly just a parody of its former self. oh well cross it off the list.

minus365
minus365

It's synonym for fresh fruity clean aquatic scent. It is great for what it is, but these days it's so cliche worldwide.

I've had it back in the days, I liked it, but never thought I would buy it again. Soo, don't show the desperation and pick something else.

But if you want same scent as zilion other people go ahead and buy it. :)

pravda48
pravda48

Smells like BKE from The Buckle from a while back... not in fragrantica's database, but I want to add as a comparison :P

I like this a lot! It's very calming to me and therefore quite attractive and safe to wear anywhere. A great casual male scent. (Decent on a woman too, methinks.)

McDreamy
McDreamy

AdG is not my favorite cologne, but it's in my Top 7. It is fresh and aromatic, and not overpowering. A few colognes make me almost nauseated (this is NOT one!).

However, the ladies love it... whether they are 21 or 51.

I've actually had coworkers send other people over to my office just to sniff my neck. And they say "OMG, she was right, you smell wonderful!"

Another told me to get out of her office right away unless I wanted to get her in trouble. (I'm not making this up, I swear). However, I don't think it's that strong, and I just use 2 sprays in the morning. To me, it's pretty faded by 3 PM (nasal fatigue?), but they can still smell me.

I get the most positive comments on this scent and a couple of others (Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, Calvin Klein Contradiction).

I like it just fine, but apparently it smells better on me than it does to me sniffing the bottle. Just glad it works well with my chemistry... and that it was a gift from a very cute Korean lady friend half my age.

I'd rate it a 7.9 (on a scale of 10)... but the ladies think it's more of a 9 to 10! I'd say it's a good scent for the office (1 or 2 sprays only!) or a date on the town, or for clubbing.

spartan
spartan

If you want to smell like every other Guy she's dated then go out and buy yourself A bottle. If you want to smell original, intriguing , and different then move on!! I personally cannot stand the smell of this juice. However if you are still A fan then I recommend that you try 360 Red by Perry Ellis, has A very similar smell but A bit more masculine. Not to mention the price is a third less, and smells 10 times better.

Marcos Oliveira

Acqua é como água...perfeito !!! a procura de algo pra beber; água é sempre lembrada e desejada ; o mesmo acontece com Acqua di Gio,quando voce quer ficar perfumado de forma agradavel e que contagie as pessoas a sua volta, em meio a tantos outros no meu guarda roupas tomo posse de Acqua e lanço 3 a sprays pela pele,com certeza faz uma diferença...uso com qualquer roupa e especialmente em dias quentes,aqui no Rio de Janeiro é ideal usa-lo,aroma sensacional com ótima fixação e projeção na medida de forma elegante,deixa rastro verdeado lembrando um bosque com uma praia ao fundo. medalha para Alberto Morillas pela criação expecional , assim como CK One e Versace Pour Homme,esse cara é um mestre de perfumes frescos.

twlahue

Yes it is overplayed, but it is an awesome fragrance!

aoki83
aoki83

As a women who will cringe at the thought of wearing men's fragrances ,I love Aqua Di GIO. It's the masculine version of Cool Water Woman. The Male Version Cool of Water does not do Cool Water Woman justice, but Aqua DI GIO does.

Marcos Oliveira

Não sabia que era tão maravilhoso !!!

Ayola83
Ayola83

It may be popular, but dang it, I love it when a man wears this one, along with a few others. I had my cousin smell it to give to her husband on his birthday last year. In so many words from his perspective: it was the catalyst to the "gift that kept on giving." :-)

Idlehands

a lot of women love this. no idea why. but they do. it's crazy.

dda
dda

It is good and pleasant, but so boring for me. Not a place over here that sell fragrances, and do not have this in stock.

This, Jean Paul - Le Male & Paco Rabanne - 1 Million*

Broseph
Broseph

Best perfume all time! I buy big box with many box of perfume in to always have. I spray arm, under arm, neck, man area and face. Good refresh!

ed
ed

I used to love this but now it smells a bit dull. I guess my taste has changed.

Cm Punk
Cm Punk

This Fragrance smells so damn good! specially in the Summer time. Awesome longevity on my skin lasting 8 to 12 hours. Projection is great! excellent for athletes or active people. The more you sweat the more it projects. You can't go wrong with this fragrance.

Rating 10/10

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

This is my wife's favorite cologne from all of my collection. She just loves sniffing me everytime I use this. This is like the father of aquatic colognes and alot of aquatics has some of Aqua's DNA. One of the summer best colognes in the market. Downside is it's very popular and every knows how it smells. If you're like me that collects cologne to be unpredictable everyday. This one will be the opposite of that. You can't go wrong with this cologne for summer.
I would give this a 10 on my rating if not a lot of people are using it.

My overall rating 9/10

thegreekone
thegreekone

This is my signature fragrance
I wear it since highschool.I always try something stronger and heavier,but I always come back to this beloved one!!!

AriesMan
AriesMan

Is great strong masculine fresh citrus. Light but projects like beast and longevity is really good. I not understand why this is such magnet to women (see bugsy_b review near bottom, or michellehii , this is typical what I hear from women) to me is not bad but also not amazing. Have extra 100mL i interested with Bvlgari Aqua Marine, can PM. Is good for men looking for safe scent or likes aquatics or clean fresh, and this does it well, but not for me.

sameh_50
sameh_50

smells great but not good value for money as all aramni perfumes are over priced for the juice inside and it only stayed for like 3 hrs on skin too bad but smells really great

BenjaminDallas
BenjaminDallas

Easy to please women. I get many compliments.

Layzie
Layzie

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. As a teen, my cousin would constantly recommend Acqua di Gio. I've sampled it multiple times, and it's never been anything special to me. Perhaps I'm too accustomed to the fragrance, as everyone seems to have it. On me, it's an unremarkable citrus-aquatic that quickly evanesces.

theboom2051
theboom2051

smells clean everywhere I go ladies of any age ask me what is that wonderful scent I am wearing. I only the really pretty ones

iammyping
iammyping

Proof the tastes are changing as we are. Used to loooooove Acqua Di Gio. Clean, fresh, with a lot of citrus in in. Superb blend. I used like 3 or 4 bottles, and suddenly something happened. I couldn't stand the scent of it, had to get rid of the bottle, cause it started to give me headaches...I remember that it stayed quite long on the skin, and the sillage wasn't bad at all ;)

angeldoll
angeldoll

As a woman, I Must say this - its a magnet. Sexy, fresh, sweet, pure & sophisticated also ! Love it ... My fave scent for a man.

vannerd54

love love love. my nose is literally on my best friend the whole entire day when he wears this cologne. Im a girl and i bought this cologne. ITS THAT AMAZING!

manzoor86
manzoor86

Acqua Di Gio come back to me again,
you are no wonder the king of summer frags,
you are fit for every age,every time of the day and night.
you are salty,oceanic,sexy and very sophisticated,
you stay fresh,happy and elegant all long when it is real hot,
the most special thing about ADG is it takes your age,some people say it smells like a shaving gel,
if you don't mind,,can you pass this shaving gel to me?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Clean...fresh...amazing... A true classic, popular for good reason...citrusy, classy...suited to everyday use. Great stuff.

kenwylde
kenwylde

I resisted buying Acqua di Gio for a long time but I got a good deal so here it is:

I'm not the kind of guy that likes to be like every other guy. I like what I like and I won't pretend for anyone, not at this age; not for any price. I've been one of the herd and I've run with the pack, now I'm out on my own, alone if need be. I'm unafraid. I'm impetuous, borderline arrogant. Yet humble and unimposing. Take my hand. Come with me.

Style is the one variable in our existence we can each fully control from top to bettom, from now to the end. Style is everything. Fashion and style are two different things that only occasionally intersect. But some things are timeless, above the whims of fasion. This scent is not one of them. It is fashionable, yet lacks style. It does what it does and it does it well with no complaints. It's perfect, in its own way.

That said, I like it. A lot. I'd call it predictably delicious. Sensual. Unoffensive. But it isn't different. It's tried and true but it never transcends, doesn't even try. It reminds me of Issey and Issey is a better scent, to me, anyway.

But I don't mind wearing Acqua di Gio. Ladies seem to love it. You can't argue with that. It's successful but it isn't daring. It's in the top 10%. Easily.

But, I couldn't see this being a signature scent unless you're a follower, or maybe if you work in a sour-faced office with a tit-for-tat gaggle of unwanted bitc*es. It's a good scent to make a good impression and yet too unoffensive to make a truly memorable impression.

To be unforgettable. That's what we want. As great as Acqua di Gio is, it won't make you immortal. It is not divine. And never will be.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. Because there isn't. But I wouldn't call it great. By any measure or account.

Calone, sea spray, hydroponic watermelon. Whatever you want to call it, Acqua di Gio is king of them all.
This fragrance is so wildly popular that I never really bothered to test it on skin until a generous Fragrantican gifted me a sample in a swap.
Well, it reminds me of Issey Miyake. It's the mignonette note, which adds a slight "off" smell to Acqua di Gio. Some think mignonette smells like rotting onions or garlic. To me, it smells like rotting fruit. Actually, in a certain way Acqua di Gio has a similar salty/earthy oddness that I find in Secretions Magnifiques. Ok, now everyone is going to hate me, but that's just my impression. Secretions Magnifiques is actually not that much of a monster to me, just somewhat unpleasant. That is exactly how I feel about Acqua di Gio.
The comparison I think comes from the combination of violet (powdery) and calone (salty). Secretions Magnifiques has iris & seaweed. I think the saliva-like quality hyacinth can have is also contributing.

devrajsingh73
devrajsingh73

I think John Denver's 'Annie's Song' can also be called "Acqua Di Gio Song' :)

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again....

ADG is definitely the king of colognes.

oytsilus
oytsilus

A citrusy, fresh, clean and save scent. Longevity is about 2-3 hours on me. Just like it.

KennethBackaert
KennethBackaert

Love it.

STOPTHEPOPUPS
STOPTHEPOPUPS

I enjoy this cologne and would recommend it but I do not feel that it deserves it's reputation.

cologne guy 2010
cologne guy 2010

its nice and it will get compliments no doubt, but there are better colognes out there for less money. the smell is good but its just, i dont know, blandly sweet

evilmiu
evilmiu

best man fragrance ever

Yousif
Yousif

nothing like it ...

drakecito
drakecito

In my opinion, this smell too synthetic, cheaper and and lacks in personality.
(As almost all Armani fragances).
Overall I hate acuatic fragances and this is one of the worst and yet more famous.
Last about 3-4 hours and sillage, after the first 10 minutes, are average.
It is my honest opinion and no offense to anyone.

Sillage: 6/10

dmirror
dmirror

Great fragrance nice light and fresh all you need is about 4 sprays two on the neck two on the chest it will last at least 6hrs. sometimes 8hrs. I've been wearing this for a while now since my older brother first bought it when I was in HS I'm an adult now and I still use it I buy my own now I know it's a very common scent but it still smells great and it still gets complimented every now & then this is a must have fragrance it's the best seller for a reason cause women like it don't worry about how many other guys wear this scent as long as your woman likes it on you overall I'll give this scent 9/10 classic forever keeper

dres1877
dres1877

For me it is a versatile scent. I spray during the week for work blended with other colognes. On the weekend I spray it by itself when doing errands. Basic and simple.

I live in NY and don't go around sniffing other men to make me stop wearing this. Armani makes great colognes.

grdowntown2020
grdowntown2020

People complain that this scent is just too popular and too common. Who cares? It smells great. Maybe that's why it's popular. I also like the Essenza flanker, which is more grown-up, but a nice cologne too.

fartknocker
fartknocker

This is quite popular, but it is enjoyable nevertheless. It seems to transcend generations with its popularity. I enjoy the fresh, clean scent, although I generally prefer spicier fragrances on men.

innocent.illusionist
innocent.illusionist

Just beautiful.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

The quintessential aquatic. A victim of it's own popularity...

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

[this review of mine originally written in '08, and posted to BN]

Ah, good old AdG. A fragrance I'm sure I've smelled a million times, but yet to this point - never worn. I had found Basenotes before ever sampling it and became a bit of a fragrance snob (albeit such was not warranted as my experience was lacking and taste still undeveloped) and always thought myself above such a 'plebeian fragrance.' Later, after I'd come to realize that most frags have some merits and are at least interesting in some way, even if I'd never consider owning them, I still managed to avoid sampling it - not intentionally per se but simply because there were always things I wanted to sample that seemed more interesting than it.

Well, I ran into a really nice (and cute ) SA not long ago and after a bit of talking asked if she had any samples of Gucci PH 2. She went rummaging through a drawer chock full of samples, which I leaned over the counter to view, and despite being unable to find any of the Gucci, she provided me with a handful of other samples that I viewed and subsequently made my interest in known. I spotted AdG samples and asked, sheepishly, if I could have one. She laughed and said "You know everyone wears this, right? This is what I recommend when I'm not in the mood to deal with people. It almost always works."

I laughed and told her that yes, I was aware of such, but despite having been interested in frags for so long that I'd never actually properly sampled it. And so, years into the game, I'd finally got my hands on this ubiquitous frag.

I've had the sample for awhile now and again the same feelings struck every time I looked at it - "Eh, I'd rather try that instead" glancing at some other - any other - frag I had yet to sample. And so it's been a few weeks since I've gotten it, and I finally decided to wear it tonight.

I knew that this scent wasn't a sillage monster, and many have had issues with longevity, so I applied a healthy 7 sprays (2 to each arm, 3 to the chest). I was expecting to be hit with the overly synthetic vibe I've gotten from so many other mainstream fresh scents. Almost all of them either begin as or soon deteriorate into this sort of harsh synthetic freshness that is rough and slightly uncomfortable in the same manner as running your hand over a rough and splintery piece of freshly-sawn lumber. Hugo XY starts amazingly fresh and minty but falls apart as the basil enters and lends a stale edge to the scent. Le Roy Soleil has a sharp and synthetic citrus opening that is interesting but slightly irritating. Gucci PH 2, from my brief sampling, became a linear accord of an irritating synthetic note on my skin somewhere in the heart of its drydown. Live Jazz is great after the cilantro note fades, but the first 30 minutes are a bit uncomfortable because of it. Sanguine Muskissime's ethereal opening is one of the best I've ever experienced, until the sharp and flat (oxymoronic, almost) musk heart note overwhelms the fragrance, 10 minutes into its development. Too many other designer fresh and summery scents were too nondescript to leave an impression that lasted outside the door of the department store that housed it. And I suppose, because of that, I've avoided testing most aquatic fresh scents (including some of the more loved ones around here, such as Bulgari Aqua.)

All of that being said, I was expecting to be disappointed by AdG. Maybe it's because of those low expectations or maybe it really is a step above, but I was extremely and pleasantly surprised by the initial whiffs. Sweet and fresh, with hints of melon and a sweet citrus. No perceptible harshness. The melon accord amplifies over the next 30 minutes and the frag becomes sweeter, teetering on the verge of becoming cloying but managing to restrain itself just before reaching said point. An hour into it and the melon scent is still strong and fresh, like a mix of watermelon and sweet cantaloupe, freshly sliced, the succulent juices still fresh on your fingers. A hint of woods is peeping through now, I'd say it's cedar although an abstract representation of cedar with the depth of it removed, cedar painted in a light ocher instead of its more typical saffron red renditioning.

I'm curious to see what the next few hours bring, and to see just how long it will last. It may not be wildly interesting. It may not take any risks. But AdG is clean and fresh and never overbearing while remaining quite natural smelling - and based on those traits alone coupled with the American sterilized & sanitized take on hygiene, the only thing that surprises me about the ubiquity of this fragrance is its slightly feminine leaning. Of course, it seems that women generally like the sweeter and slightly feminine frags on men, so perhaps it is no mystery at all why this is the mainstay of most high school and college aged men.

It's nice to be pleasantly surprised like this. I don't know that I'll pick a bottle up, but I will undoubtedly use the rest of my sample while the warm days still visit me here.

WRS67
WRS67

This is one of my all-time favorites because it's citusy, fresh, light, clean, and crisp. It's perfect for spring or summer, but I wouldn't hesitate to wear it in fall or winter because I like it so much. Wearing it in fall or winter would quickly bring you back to memories of warm, relaxing summer days and nights. The sillage is pretty good, but I wish it lasted a little longer. I have oily skin, and that seems to help the longevity. I really can't see how someone could not like this frag! It's one I literally never get tired of smelling. I love it!

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Lemons, lemons and more lemons is my take on this fragrance. It's neither bad or offensive but other fragrance lines are doing similar ingredients for much less. However, if I run across this fragrance for a great selling price, online or in a discount chain, I'm buying it.

amirabbas
amirabbas

It's not getting old. I had one bottle and I've bought the second one. I think it's that kind of scent that no one going to hate. The first time I blind bought it and I love it. The opening note is citrusy and after that it going to be floral and a little woody. My nose is not trained and I hardly tried but I couldn't feel the marine notes in it. I think this scent is linear at least on my skin. It's not offensive and other people love it. The projection is good too. On my skin it projects for near 4 hours and it remains there for 6 to 8 hours but become very very weak.
It's perfect for summer.
این عطر قدیمی نمیشه. یه بطری ازش داشتم و دومی رو هم خریدم. از جمله بوهایی هست که کسی نمی تونه بگه ازش بدش میاد. اولین بار بدون تست کردن خریدمش و خیلی هم دوستش داشتم. اولش با بوی مرکبات شروع میشه ولی بعد به شکل خطی میره به سمت ترکیبی از بوی مرکبات و همینطور بوی گل و ترکیبات چوبی. بوش مزاحم نیست و بقیه مردم بهش واکنش منفی نشون نمیدن و دوستش دارن. روی پوست من تا 4 ساعت پخش بوی خوبی داره و بعد از ساعت چهارم بوش ضعیف میشه ولی میتونم 6 الی 8 ساعت بعد هم روی پوست ام حسش کنم ولی بوش خیلی خیلی کم میشه.
برای فصل تابستون عالیه

تست نکرده هم بخرید فکر نکنم مشکلی پیش بیاد چون بوش تقریبا همه پسنده

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I've really tried to like ADG, but I never get beyond the initial "ehh it's nice but...". I don't dislike it, I just like others more.

It was suprising to see how many different ingredients there are in this frag. I was only able to pick up a few of them. The quality of material used seemed very high - silliage was moderate and longevity was pretty good.

This frag seemed to stay linear with a very soft feel. My daughters really loved the scent, but I wasn't really happy for the price I paid. I think it would be a good product at about half of the current price. Chanel Bleu won my $$ vote for summer time use.

Bewar
Bewar

2 months ago I bought this cologne. No one smells it unless they put their nose like 1 inch away from my body. This cologne was expensive and I was really expecting something good. It's not fake by the way. So any suggestions?

SDavis93
SDavis93

Classic summer citrus scent fresh and bursting with citrus notes, good spring/summer fragrance. everyone had this back in the day, but for me it was a bit like a high quality citrus air freshener or detergent. definitely over rated. but a classic that has an air of nostalgia to it, will always be in my collection though. good projection and ok longevity 5+ hours, overall 7/10

Scylla
Scylla

Smelled this at Ulta and loved it, so I bought it for my husband for Father's Day this year. He loves it and so do I, which is win/win!

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Acqua di Gio is different from all the other citrus based fragrances out in the market these days. Unlike the other citrus aquatics today, ADG is not 'in your face'. It is a rather soft citrus with a watery feel to it. It has a juicy peach vibe which is quite nice. It doesn't matter what people say about this fragrance; too popular, too generic, blah blah blah. It is a classic, no questions about it. So, this is surely an outstanding aquatic and I recommend that you buy it.

renzo
renzo

Before the reformulation it was very good in longlivity and depht.. The current one is just a shadow of what it used to be. If you want something like the original, buy the Essenza version..

naveenhealth
naveenhealth

I am VERY sensitive to smell. For years I have argued with my hubby about him wearing cologne because I am so sensitive to it that he can't wear any, and even most deodorants he can't wear... then I found this... OMG! I am in LOVE! I ask my husband to put it on.. he loves it! Thank you to the man in my office who wore this and introduced me to this amazing stuff! All I can say it BUY IT! You will be chasing man around the house!

adi1
adi1

Very nice, however.... it has a weakness: to many people wear (or wore) this, therefore it is sooo recognisable: "oh, are you wearing aqua di gio... yeah I had it too...." :)
Impossible to wear any more, not to be a snob, but for a fragrance, too much popularity is not necessarily a good thing IMO.

cregin
cregin

This is a very nice smelling fragrance. It is quite refreshing. I get a lot of fruit from this fragrance. Though the smell is not of watermelon, it always reminds me of biting into a sweet slice of watermelon on a summer day, with the juice dripping down my chin. I think this is the mix of the citrus and peach. It starts off a little more bitter before sweetening. It get's slightly soapy, but in a good, "I showered and take care of my personal hygiene" kind of way. I just wish it lasted longer. The edt has, at best, 4 hrs. If I sniff my shirt, I get the smell for a while, but I have to really sniff the inside of my shirt. It is very light. I would almost say it looses strength in the heat, oddly enough. However, it is inoffensive, and very safe. I am quite happy with it.

Plucus21

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE! Now that I've stirred the hornets nest let me explain. No other fragrance in the world is as ubiquitous as ADG. On top of that it actually smells fantastic and lasts a decent amount of time. The people that don't like this fragrance don't like it because of its total immersion in almost every modernized culture. However, just go back to the first time you ever smelled this and remember the experience of you eyes widening as you realized the pure beauty of this fragrance. This fragrance is like being in Brazil surrounded by beautiful women for 10 years. Eventually even the most beautiful woman will look ordinary to you but that doesn't mean she is not beautiful.

juan carlos.henriquez

me gusta mucho, un perfume citrico amaderado aromatico sensacional para el verano, aunque prefiero un poco mas dior homme sport este es una apuesta segura, a las mujeres les encanta y es del gusto de todos.

Aaron H
Aaron H

I've tried lots of fragrances before and since this one came out but this is still a really nice one for me to wear in the Summer.

Very fresh and masculine.
Just explodes with lots of fresh citrus and marine notes.
With all that power in the initial spray it manages to chill out and become lighter and fresh like sitting in the sand on the coast near water.

This one really says Italian fragrance to me because it has that clean clarity and energy in the citrus freshness. Reminds me allot of Sicily where my wife's family is from. Not that Sicily smells like lemons and the sea, but it has that nice fresh, blue sky Italian feeling about it.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Probably my most simple review so far.

This is how a man should smell.

stacia79
stacia79

A woman's review of Acqua di Gio:

Like many bestsellers, Acqua di Gio has become almost too popular. It is a ubiquitous smell now and easily recognizable in a crowd when overapplied by guys without a clue. Let's face it, there is a reason so many buy it.

THAT SAID...It gives the impression of standing in a citrus grove alongside the ocean. Armani blends it's perfumes beautifully and this is no exception, but I believe the real magic in this one lies in how well it mixes with a man's own skin chemistry. Some guys rock it better than others. This is perfect for warm days. From the initial zing of lemon-lime with bergamot all the way to the cedar-rosemary drydown, this is a nearly perfect aquatic. I hope men never stop wearing this, it's a real classic.

Poivre
Poivre

I think Acqua di Gio smells very pleasant. To me, it's light. I like it. I'd wear it.

NHIndian24

One of the only aquatic colognes I actually like, the others being Davidoff's Cool Water and ADG Essenza. Cool Water and ADG are essentially the original aquatics that everyone has ripped off, and Essenza is a much woodier version of Gio edt. The edt is mostly citrus, florals and aquatic where Essenza is woodier and saltier. Both share the strong citrus, and they are similar in that regard. My question, which ADG would be a better purchase? I love them both, but I'm not sure which I should purchase... Any comments are welcome

vitilsky
vitilsky

To be honest, I agree and would say that this smells like dirty water mixed with pinches of sweat and with generic supermarket gone off citrus juice applied on it. Just kidding.

It's fine.

Edit:

This is a CLASSIC. I only used to smell the first minute of it in the shop but now after it settles down it is an aquatic citrus with sexy peach jasmine infusion! It definitely deserves respect.

Molko
Molko

Worst man fragrance, it's very old, bad, bitter citrus/marine summery scent, this smell tosses me if I feel it on someone, yuck, don't recommend, because it's not sexy just oldish citrus water

jesslockz
jesslockz

This is my absolute favorite fragrance at the moment. It smells really citrus and sweet with a touch of floral on my skin. It's perfect! Literally the best fragrance i have tried so far and i'm really difficult when it comes to fragrances. Love it to death.

hornetz
hornetz

The most over marketed over applied scent that is one of the founding fathers of the Aquatic industry. ADG is very safe floral aquatic that has been immensely popular ranging from teenagers and up. After all these years it still doesn't smell dated just recognizable. Personally, I love ADG and have appreciated how versatile it can be. It can definitely be someones signature scent, but I believe once you mature there are other more complex and appealing options. A beautiful scent that deserves its praise and recognition.

vanwnb
vanwnb

This goes in the category of puka shell necklaces and Abercrombie & Fitch polo shirts.

nicholassua
nicholassua

always my favorite

vannerd54

love this smell on my friend! I wish i can smell him all day... but that'd be creepy.

Smyle12
Smyle12

I'm sure several versions of Axe probably smell MUCH better than this dated, juvenile, citrus-bomb. I honestly wouldn't know though, at least about the Axe.

jmacscp
jmacscp

Cant understand his popularity! Its nothing special... and his projection is very bad! There are so many fragrances better than this Gio...

Idlehands

A lot of people wear this stuff...and they ALWAYS over do it. I cant stand this frag. This stuff is over and done with. Lets move on people.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

A very fresh fragrance, works well on men and women. I see why it's so popular. Unfortunately I smelt something similar from a drugstore deodorant too. So sad it got copied.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

I don't care how many dudes wear this, this is the perfect "freshin up" fragrance. Just puts me in a good mood.

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I actually like the scent but shy away from it due to how popular it is. However, that being said it's popular for a reason and that's because it smells good. If you wear this you will not stand out as unique but you know you smell nice. Some suggest trying Perry Ellis 360 Red for men as a cheaper alternate that may actually smell better. I just ordered a bottle from Perry Ellis and with a coupon code got a four ounce bottle for $20. So when I get it and try it out I will update this post and let you know.

In the end the scent is solid, common but good.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I do enjoy this fragrance however I can think of 50 other bottles I'd rather be wearing simply because it's worn too frequently and easily recognizable by people who aren't fragrance fanatics....AND I'm so sick of people calling fragrances "panty droppers" as there aren't any fragrances that ALONE will cause a woman to drop her panties for you. It's more than that. How about a good fragrance worn in conjunction with a genuine personality, intelligent mind, good hygiene, good sense of humor, attractive physical appearance, a job, and a clean home? All of the above might and I say "might" lead to a pleasurable sexual experience.

mvhooper2

I agree with the person below me, def a masterpiece. This has the perfect balance of notes from top to bottom. Smells so fresh and ALIVE like a spring/summer morning or like going to the beach.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio is a MASTERPIECE.. It's a PERFECT summer cologne which is a well balanced aroma with a sweet and light woodsy scent which gives it a nice warm base. Acqua Di Gio has a very fresh aquatic/lemon scent which makes it a MUST HAVE cologne. Love this fragrance so much I'm on my second bottle and I hope it never goes out of production.
This is an ABSOLUTE CLASSIC Giorgio Armani cologne..no other fragrance even comes close as a summer fragrance.
Longevity is well past 8 hour's
Sillage is very good
Overall 9.5/10
Loving this cologne a MUST!!!!!

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

My favorite scent on a man :)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Clean/fresh/oceanic/citrus... it's not my thing. In the words of Luca Turin, it's one of those fragrances for men who don't like fragrances and who suspect none of their friends do, either.

How overly popular is this fragrance?

1.) You can buy a little packet of this in the D.C. Zoo men's room for 75 cents. (So you don't smell like a resident of the Great Ape House.)

2.) The number of reviews on this particular page cause my PC to run slow.

--------

Okay, I needed some summer scents to make my wardrobe more diverse, so I traded a 1 oz. bottle of Tsar for a 1 oz. bottle of this. Number me among the billions who wear it.

bcoops
bcoops

what are ya gonna do? its smells good...u like it, wear it

Alex Souza
Alex Souza

Muito boa e refrescante essa fragrância,em dias quentes usar ele é acertar com certeza.A fragrância lembra água com gelo,um mar em dia frio,uma rio de águas limpas em uma manha gelada de inverno,o poder de transmitir frescor desse perfume é realmente muito grande.

jembigonjes
jembigonjes

surely cannot be signature frag..so many ppl wear

mimi_luvz
mimi_luvz

Hmm... I wanted to buy it for my bf based on all good reviews I read here. Sadly, when I tried it before buying, I didn't like it at all. All I ever got from Aqua Di Gio was a scent of freshly sliced cucumber and distant lemon. Too watery and unimpressive.

Na0
Na0

That's a marvel, a mainstream masterpiece !

But it has one default, just one, but a big one...

Due to its quality and its price, its worn by so many people... So, here it is... That perfume is original, but, you, you won't be if you wear it. Shame.

This perfume is the perfect example of the sentence "To be victim of its success"

fisken23
fisken23

Ten years since i bought my first bottle of this fine juice. Bought another bottle the other day and i must say, this is a masterpiece!!
My signatur scent, AGAIN!! :)

elisnewthing
elisnewthing

i rocked this in hight school every day still/always will have some laying around and use it from time to time

johnble
johnble

to forese olh h panagia...

asheble93
asheble93

Acqua Di Gio:

Scent:
Opens with sharp citrus and floral undertones. It is not surprising that neroli is rated almost at the bottom, but it's there if you pay close attention to it; the smell of orange blossoms is unmistakable once you've actually smelled them in person. The marine note definitely saturates throughout the life, and gives it another layer, outside of a normal fresh/citrus.
(7.5/10)

Projection/Longevity:
I am a swimmer, so I have a hard time with this category; even scents like Le male only last a few hours, but its opening projects a good couple of feet, after which it quickly retreats to a few inches from the skin. Longevity is about 2-3 hours.
(6/10)

Overall:
An monumental scent, that ALWAYS gets compliments. Appropriate for work, casual/day wear, etc. If you are a little snobby you should already know this scent is extremely recognizable, and suffers some disaffection because of this. However, it is still one of my favorite scents.
(7.0/10)

Aminek
Aminek

My parfume during the summer :)

dancinleroy

I bought this after christmas with a gift card I recieved. I decided to go all out and buy the 6.7 oz bottle which is the size of my head. Yes, there are many other fragrances that duplicate this one and are 1/4 the price (Perry Ellis Red), but I feel much more comfortable wearing the main dish. ADG has a very bright, fresh citrus burst on opening which I love, until some of the dirtier notes come in and develope it into the aquatic/fresh scent that remains throughout it's life. This is a classic aquatic scent that is safe to make a signature because it will NEVER be discontinued. The only problem I find, like others have mentioned is the grotesque popularity it has, which means odds are, somebody else will be wearing this stuff in a close proximity to you. The sillage is average for a quality aquatic (5-6 hours of projection) and the longevity is above average. I can smell this on my collar for days after I put it on, even thought it's not projecting it's still there. If you want a good, safe summer signature than you cant go wrong with this classic aquatic. if you are afraid of smelling like every other Italian American guy at the Jersey Shore, try Issey Miyake or Polo Blue, which are also very popular but not overwhelmingly so. 8.5/10 overall for me. There are better out there but this is a damn great cologne.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Smell good, but I don't know any men that is into perfume that doesn't have it, so it make it common and unattractive to me.

aryo

The aroma is excellent.. but less in longevity and sillage.. but realy high price.. I tried esenzza.. similar but not same..
Esenzza is more good in silage and logevity.. but more sharp in aroma..
Both is good.. although the price is high

WAQAR ALI
WAQAR ALI

Very nice n light scent, cool feelings....

anna.dkr5

This really made my head turn when I was in my teens. However, I smelled it at the store yesterday, and it didn't have the same effect any longer. I have the test strip here, and though it does smell good, it's nothing like I remembered it to be. I guess my tastes have changed. I also smelled the Essenza version, and I feel it's somewhat fresher and sexier than the original ADG.

kaysee
kaysee

what's not to love about this?
unique and the best one when it comes to marine-citrus-sexy-woody.
there are thousands of frags like that, but this one is the original one and the one you can tell apart from the others.
love love love it.

longevity/sillage excellent

Murk123
Murk123

This is a LEGEND of a smell!!. Where can I start this has the most freshest and ocean/water like smell to it. Been around for so long and almost all of my friends have a bottle of this. Last about 4-7 hours on my skin which is way more than enough for me. Only downside is the PRICE!! it is quite expensive but if you want to treat yourself to something fresh then this is the one. I would use this in summer and even on holiday to hot climate countrys, It will not let you down.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

خوشبو و جذاب در عین سبک و راحت برای فصل تابستان . .
اما یه نکته خیلی مهمه : این عطر خیلی خیلی پرفروشه و این به معنیه که همه ازش استفاده میکنند و رایحه های مشابه اون هم به شکل های مختلف تولید شده اگر میخواید متفاوت باشید بهتره این عطر رو فراموش کنید .
جدیدا ورژن جدیدی ازش تولید شده به اسم اسنزا که ماندگاریش یشتره و کمی هم بوش چوبی شده من اون رو بیشتر دوست دارم
thanks for reading . . puria

hamraz
hamraz

Great perfume ... has a on the beach sunny day type of feeling last long on clothes starts of strong n gradually dissappears

WayneDN

Great cologne for someone under 30!

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is “King of casual cologne” for Summer & Spring season. This is the best Aqua cologne for me. Although recently many Aqua colognes keep releasing from various brands. But I can say this is a pioneer cologne as Aqua cologne. Anyone can wear this cologne from student till grand father.
So this is “King of casual cologne” for Summer & Spring season for me.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Beautiful Day~

jtappenden
jtappenden

Great product.Ideal for summer,relaxation & leisure.

asrarkhan
asrarkhan

This is just "neat"..i must say neat fragrance...this is something like a cool breeze and this is a kind of fragrance which u can wear anywhere and anytime without any hesitation..and u would end up getting compliments
This fragrance is a like a formula which is completely correct and it never fails with anyone..

benpaul12
benpaul12

Amazingly fresh and clean summer cologne that’s a compliment grabber from the ladies. But for me, that’s not enough when I can tell just about every guy out there knows what I’m wearing because they’ve owned it too!

It might make me feel clean and summery but it doesn’t make me feel any different or special. I gave away my bottle after wearing it for one summer as it didn’t excite me.

While common, it isn’t as prolific as the disgusting sweet scent from 1 Million. With Acqua I welcome whiffs of it every now and then.

89ers
89ers

This is a wonderful cologne which has been a victim of its own success. Kind of like how Drakkar Noir has now become the source of many jokes about it being worn by rude jerks who bathe in it.

Acqua di Gio is probably the best Aquatic cologne I've ever sampled, with a pleasant airy smell. Women love it, it lasts long, and is inoffensive. Pefect for summer and daytime use.

However, the problem is that it has become the source of much imitation, with tons of Aquatics copyng it. Nowadays, it scores a 0/10 for uniqueness, when I first started getting into colognes I asked my male co-workers what they wore. 3 out of 5 wore Acqua Di Gio, and so I decided not to buy it because I didn't want to be just another guy.

None of this makes it bad, if I needed a cologne in a pinch I'd use it. However, since part of the point of cologne/perfume is to have a signature scent, then using what every Tom, Dick, and Harry has isn't going to do it.

FRAGRANCEZ
FRAGRANCEZ

A beautiful, elegant scent. some fragranticans say that this is nice but very popular. IMO its popularity says something and doesn't make it a bad perfume

samirbaruah
samirbaruah

Every one likes this fragrance.It will soothe your senses and heal your mind.Not at all over-powering yet it proudly announces your prsence.Honestly speaking, sometimes I think it's bit expensive in comparision with few other perfumes of same standard. But see it's magic --- I keep on spending money on this perfume over and over again.

zola0203
zola0203

Campaign starts here; Bring back Acqua Di Gio by not wearing it!
Such a great staple I can't believe it's overuse is beginning to breed contempt.

This was one of my first aftershaves as a boy and I've always loved it. I think I always will (as many men of generation before mine love Drakkar Noir, Azzaro Homme and Cacharel) so please everyone, stop ruining it for me....or I'll sulk!

aceinyerface
aceinyerface

In and of itself, it smells great. Sadly, it has joined Polo and Drakkar in the overused and abused category, so now it is only slightly preferable to eau de sweaty gym shorts. I went through several bottles 10 years ago, before every Guido in town started bathing in it and before women started waking up next to bad decisions while smelling it.

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

The most cliche, loved cologne by all men in Staten island, and giudo's worldwide. Smells like desperation.

kencan
kencan

This perfume smell good, and most girls like it.
Smell: 8/10
Sillage: 6/10
longivity: 8/10 (it last long when spray on clothes, up to 12h)
Projection: good

Nice perfume, gentle and fresh. But most people wearing it, so it is a bit not special.

itachi
itachi

i really like this cologne, its clean its original and its timeless a must have. i use it for almost 10 years now. still gettin compliments

isenseincense

Hot hot hot city days with dust and grime and fumes and sweat - this is my private cloud of spicey, saltey, smokey cleanlines, sparkling coolness and calm composure.

I#m a woman and do not care if its for men, and I also do not care one jot who else wears it - a million city bankers or schoolboys on the pull - this is my sanctuary and it smells utterly divine.

ahmadnademi
ahmadnademi

عطری بسیار جذاب برای تابستان،احساس شادابی و جوانی به آدم دست میده

Mmbetorres
Mmbetorres

When I met my husband, he was wearing this. The first thing I noticed was the citrus. I had never smelled such a thing in a mans cologne before. It was unique and alluring. I know the scent has been around for years and "everybody and their uncle" wears it, but it's my favorite. It stirs so many emotions. Many men want to stand out and they end up purchasing loud, obnoxious fragrances that women steer clear of because they smell as though they're trying way too hard. Some may disagree, but this is a near perfect cologne.

Bbjr
Bbjr

Yep, been around for years and everyone seems to think its one of the best. Nope, boring, plain, run of the mill scent that smells like 1000 other people. No thanks. Armani keeps producing it because people go into places like sephora and JE Penney and see its popular and think, oh, I'll buy it and I can be like everyone else. Be different people!

dancinleroy

To me, ADG is a classic "go to" fragrance when all else fails in cologne selection. It's a citrus heavy scent when first applied, with spices thrown into the mix and doesn't take long for the aquatic stonghold to take presence. I have smelled this stuff on men for a long long time. On some, it smells strong and somewhat cloying but on me, it is a subtle skin scent that wafts up to my nose sporadically. Defenitely won't go wrong with this one. It's longevity is ok, granted it's winter right now and this is a summer fragrance. I bought a 6.7 oz bottle just because I can use this stuff so liberally but it should last me a very long time. 8/10 score from me due to the low projection and longevity in the winter months. Can't wait for summer.

jillianin
jillianin

just like above reviews, it is perfect.legand

sue.nickerson.5
sue.nickerson.5

This is my absolute FAVORITE men's scent. Masculine, and yet so fresh...I can't get enough of it. I've had a couple beaus who have worn this...I find it so delicious. ;)

Mattybono
Mattybono

This is a true legend of a fragrance that is the benchmark for what all fresh-aquatic scents aspire to be yet there is still no substitute for Acqua Di Gio! It is simply AWESOME! Suitable for any age (teens to seniors), longevity is well over 6 hours, and projects very handsomely with many compliments.

I have worn ADG since the late 90's and I don't care or mind how popular it has become.....it's popular for a reason: it smells amazing, it is versatile as hell, and is pure quality in a bottle! The greatest Armani frag by far, ADG will always be in my collection!
(10 out of 10)

90hou
90hou

Masterpiece!Love it.

fazilsmr
fazilsmr

Very light and refreshing..good projection and longevity..to me it smells unisex..

trickykid300
trickykid300

WOW this has changed a lot over the years. It smells nothing like a remeber it. I owned it about 12 years ago and loved it. It still smells good but nothing even close to how good it was back then. GLad it was only a smaple..

LANIER
LANIER

Eons of erosion and salty breakers have formed the cliffs along the Amalfi coast. Tourists from around the globe flock to this spot on the Italian map where the mountains dive from precipitous heights like suicide bombers into the Tyrrhenian Sea. Neptune fans the ragged rocks with a glittering saline spay like diamonds from the deep. Rocky small beaches challenge one to find a comfortable spot to lie under the bronze eye of the sun. The one narrow road from Castelammare di Stabia to Vietri Sul Mare, the Via Mauro Comite is jammed with Vespas, Italian sports cars, and tour buses the size of small yachts. Hairpin turns and blind corners dare drivers to great speed and daring maneuvers. The tour buses lumber along and lean out on turns threatening to dive into the sea with all aboard. The wondrous natural beauty of this garden of lemons and lime trees, flowers, fruits and scrubby trees is inundated year round by the masses seeking to find some little corner of the real and personal beauty of this legendary coast. It has been like this since the days of the Romans.

High above the Via Mauro Comite and even further up than most would dare to go is a small sanitarium. It is a place where people go to recover from a long illness. Small cell like rooms open on to a terrace with views that seem to reach out to touch the very shores of Africa. Something left over from the late 19th Century, deserted now of the sick and in a limbo of antiseptic dreams it is waiting its turn to be transformed into a small tourist hotel. The quiet elegance of the place will soon be overrun by the fast money and hubbub clamor of the tourist trade and those who want to be where everyone else is going. What was once unique and apart is now copied and emulated until the original becomes mundane. But up here from high above the clamor of the masses in this place that will soon be transformed into the ordinary it is still possible to close your eyes, take a deep breath and smell what was once so rare.

Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani was first introduced in 1996, the nose behind the fragrance was Alberto Morillas the creator of so many classics, among them the legendary M7 for Yves Saint Laurent. Acqua di Gio was ground breaking and original with the introduction of the oceanic note and from its creation sprung a whole pantheon of imitators. It is so popular that reportedly a bottle is sold on this planet every five seconds. This perfume stands in legend like Chanel No.5 does for women, as the go to scent for men; what can you say about it?

It smells nice. It smells like a vacation at the beach. It smells ordinary in its extraordinary nature due to the fact that it is so copied and that is a shame. For in retrospect we are blinded by the imitators. Having smelled its clones by other houses, a few of which I own it is next to impossible to be objective. We have to travel back in time 17 years and clear our minds and try.

It opens with an antiseptic camphor blast, like a medicinal menthol that expands the sinus. This introduction fades to lemons and limes and a cocktail of citrus with a jasmine flower nestled in cooling ice. Then in the middle the Calone molecule induced sea air rises with an Oceanic note and carries with it the summery blooms of Mediterranean Mignonette, green peppery Freesia, lush mysterious Cyclamen, Violets, a drunk on summer Hyacinth, roses, wild rosemary and even more jasmine all woven into a garland jauntily placed upon the head of a tanned youth eating a juicy warm peach. He may even have dusted that peach with a bit of nutmeg. The dry down is a solid foundation of amber, patchouli, Oakmoss, cedar and a clean fresh musk. This is all very predictable .

Once worn for the day one can see the dull appeal this has to its wide range of admirers. It is supremely safe and unchallenging to the nose. A perfect introduction to those new and nervous to the world of scent, teenage boys I am told bath in it. Acqua di Gio is "classic" in this sense and has a sophistication in the way it was created by a master nose but unsophisticated in the results. Like the Amalfi coast has a reputation of great beauty and excitement and for that reason the beach is very crowded. When you get there you discover it is not Amalfi after all, but Coney Island.

TWO BRONZE STARS **

ramones
ramones

as it names, aqua smell alike. with citrusy on top notes. most favorite perfume i think. its cheap also

my point for this 7/10

faiz_hoshey
faiz_hoshey

best summer perfume

3gecos
3gecos

Regardless of the site name,fragrantica,basenotes,youtube or any other plays for us the fragrance lovers,many of the people that are posting their opinions about a perfume,i think they are using way to much often the word masterpiece!Yes we are already so used to pay a lot of our hard worked money for a sea of crappy perfumes(just some pricey body toners most of them) because maybe,maybe we will find something and when we really find a very good perfume we consider it a masterpiece!But what if... that masterpiece it's already here,at least one of them,because in my opinion only 6,7 perfumes may be consider masterpieces.So,the fact that a half of our planet have this perfume,the fact that more than 15 years we bought this and the fact that it has more haters than Justin Bieber,does it make it a masterpiece???YES!It has the safest scent in the world(perfect blend of sea water,citrus and flowers)the biggest compliment getter(not always good compliments because it's so popular),the longevity and projection still good 6-8 hours(on my skin),good in all season(best wore in summer)and the price let's say that it's ok but can be better because Armani already mess with the juice by diluting it and it doesn't have the same "performances" like 10 years ago.Keep your hands of Armani!As for the scent goes A++ señor Alberto Morillas!

iamvivian
iamvivian

I'm not sure why my mom has this, but I love it. It smells better than Aqua di Gio for her. This is what I picture men to smell like.

Jomoves

If you you want to smell like every office worker on a Friday night then this is the juice for you.

SwagScent
SwagScent

Another overrated fragrance. It smells good, but definitely doesn't deserve the hype.

Migalex
Migalex

This is very much aquatic indeed although it has a sharp edge I do associate with lime but not that much with lemon. I am not fond of auquatic scents and for that reason I am not fond of this one, but that is a matter of personal taste.

kambelzful
kambelzful

One of my favorites of all time. I don't care what anyone says, it is truly one of the best done summer fragrances ever. I love lime accords and this has a perfect limey dry down. The opening is more on the lemony side, with a fresh blast of cedar and rosemary. The aquatic starts kicking in and it gets a little melony, peachy and a hint of cucumber. None of those are in the notes, but I definitely smell them. I also get a heavy dose of Rose and Jasmine, which is nice. The limey dry down with white musk is so sexy and delicious smelling. Up until I smelled Platinum Egoiste, this was my signature scent. While it works best in the summer, it is fresh and storng enough to cut through cold winter air. Longevity is pretty good. Around 6-8 hours on my dry skin, which easily gets me through a whole school day. Overall one of my favorites of all time, and if you say you don't like it your nose is broken or you are a fragrance snob/hipster. 10/10.

jornandez
jornandez

Hola!, el Acqua di Gio es todo un clasico, con con aroma super delicioso que a medida que va evolucionando su aroma mejora. A pesar de que tu no la sientas, las demas personas si te la sienten. Gusta mucho a la mujeres, que recibido varios cumplidos!!!

alepoz84
alepoz84

un profumo ben riuscito, voto 8/10...

Teddyb
Teddyb

acqua di gio is a very good catch.its wonderful fruity small rolled up in masculinity makes u want to just make it your signature perfume.its manly in a sweet way.your probably going to be picking up orange notes.i see my self smiling all through the day when i wear it bcause its not over whelming but at the same time gets the work done of scenting almost troughout the day.

ALEXAJOVCIC
ALEXAJOVCIC

Wow! I love this! Perfect scent for me! Very fresh, citrus...smells like summer! Little bit sweet! I recommend it! First on skin it's citrus smell with a lot of sea notes...and then it's starting to get floral and sweet, but still manly! Love it! You can smell Sea, Lemon, Jasmine and a bit of peach!

Chrwat01
Chrwat01

Smells ordinary and too familiar. Perfect fragrance for the conservative. Dare to be different - you are better than this! Want to blend in, here's your ticket...

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

So, ADG, which has become a classic benchmark from which other citrus florals can be measured, is probably the most popular and well known scent in the world (set aside Chanel). It has a garnered fame, and wrath as having become too generic to be worn.

I'll admit, as a cologne seller, at first I wasn't crazy about this cologne simply because it was hyped so much by guys who look like they just graduated high school, and were on their way to the dorm. And because of its generic, oft-replicated (never duplicated) smell.

However, as I have worn it, I have come to appreciate both its smooth opening and its sweet and subtle dry down which retains a wonderful fruity/woodsy and ocean reminiscence. I have tried DG light blue, CK One and a number of other obvious attempts at its crown, and have found them all woefully shallow.

Without expounding further (which I could)I see why this cologne has set the bar. Women come by my counter just to smell it. Therefore, I wear it.

8.5/10

zellpang
zellpang

Classic cologne fragrance but still very modern and wearable. Would smell good on anyone

speedup
speedup

Hi,
any body know the color of the acqua di giò liquid?

tobbe.sjodin

This is very funny! Aqua di gio have now been explain as someones memory from their father.....
Then I imagine a 40-45 year old guy....I used this when I was teenager, would never use it these days, I rather prefer Creeds, Dior, Chanel and other.
Well, time goes fast I think...Aqua di gio is a memorial scent for many!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Absobloodilutely delidamncious!
Inoffensive, and a great welcoming scent...

The only flaw is that, this is most likely to be everybody's favorite. Also the current formulation is way watered down...

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I had this one... To say the least, it's a pretty decent watery perfume that smells right! It's an AQUA and smells like one, in addition of some citrus scents and flowers! I like it ver much but there is always a better option! My favorite bulgari aqua is surely the best, then it's this one!

I had it, I tried it, I liked it but not sure if I ever going to buy it again as it is outclassed now by other fresh scents!

gracious
gracious

I like the version for men, so I use it sometimes.
Those looking for a perfume overwhelming, do not use this.
But it's nice, cool.
Too bad we do not have a long duration

vergil_s
vergil_s

فکر کنم که کمتر کسی باشه که این شاهکاره جورجیو ارمانی رو بو کرده باشه و بدش بیاد.
عطری که الهام گرفته از جزایر شخصی ارمانی ه.
یه عطر خنک و شیرین!
یه کنتراست فوق العاده از مرکبات به همراه کمی بوی یاس!
این عطر هیچ وقت کهنه نمیشه!
خیلی دوستش دارم.
مرسی جورجیو! :D

WayneDN

This is a great cologne for a young professional. If you are older than 50, I would suggest something different. It has been around for awhile now.

steve0580
steve0580

There's not a whole lot to be said about this cologne that hasn't already been said. It's been the most popular men's cologne for over a decade now.

It grew on me. Normally, I prefer scents that aren't so light and citrusy but I was given some shower gel and decided to give it a try. It wasn't long after that, that I went and bought a bottle.

The best way I can describe this is that is smells very fresh and clean, without being overpowering.

My opinion is that it's always a good scent and very versatile. It's suitable for the office or anywhere else, for that matter. If you're ever in doubt of what to wear, pick this.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Just one say, "Master peace of Giorgio Armani"

Every one smells it just LOOOOVVVEEE IT.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Acqua di Gio's popularity is no accident. For those of us who have worn this over the years or those who have smelled this for the first time...we know it has the capability to make panties drop! The haters will say many different things about it but that's OK they can spray themselves with FAIL!

OK lets talk about the smell...imagine you are on a beach standing on the sand eating some fresh citrus fruit being hit by the ocean breeze...yea sort of like that! It has a sweet mineral touch to it too which can be very exotic and unique to some. After a few sprays and dry downs I do not notice too much change but it does remain fresh. But the only real setback for me personally was the longevity which is short lived on me. Its good for any occasion but summer days and warm nights are the best times to wear this brew.

I no longer wear Acqua di Gio since I smell it everywhere now but that just shows you the popularity of this cologne. Its still worth the money so try it if you have not joined the bandwagon yet.

9 out of 10

camposg
camposg

This is the number 1 panty dropper of all time. I have been witness to women losing their marbles over this and want to rape my friends

yogaboxer
yogaboxer

The more u search for colognes, the more u realize this is what you've been searching for. While everything else smells good, Keep it for $50 you REALLY cant do better. And no one cares that its popular and over done. Just rotate it in your collection. prob solv.

tobbe.sjodin

People dont get me wrong now!
This fragrance is amazing yes it is and it's ofc a classic!
But atm its fall and this frag is not right for this season and I think this scent is like a finished chapter, to many people have this scent..it's like drive a Volkswagen or Volvo...its nothing special really..
It's a way too expensive too, it's not worth the money in my opinion...this and One million is almost the same pricetag....go and get a Chanel instead and I swear you will get a more unique fragrance who no one else will have near you...but It's about your personality not mine..
I dont wanna smell like everyone else...

NHIndian24

Colorblindlove, here's a fragrance tip not many people know, or maybe just know it and ignore it. Depending on your skin type, a fragrance will last a good majority of the day if not all day, regardless of what brand name/designer is. It's just that your nose gets used to the scent after an hour or so, but the people around you can still smell it. That's why it's usually not a good idea to over-apply because you may end up overwhelming those around you all day. Oh, and if it's a hot day out, your sweat will usually reactivate the top notes, so you end up smelling your fragrance again since the top notes usually don't last throughout the its phases.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This smells really good BUT I think that this scent is WAY too light and it barely lasted on my paper strip that I smelled this on so I can't imagine how bad it would last on the skin.

Overall nice cologne but its too expensive for what its worth.

faraz
faraz

how many hours long last this?

drkulasekaran
drkulasekaran

ADG is not offencive,good smelling,but progection and longivity is very bad.it hardly lasts for 2 hours on me.

xiddam
xiddam

This smell takes me back to when i was 8 years old.

I lived in a very warm town, average temperature of 38C during summer. At school on every wednesday lunchtime the local store would bring hundreds of free icy poles and we would form a line all the way to the back fence! If you were lucky you got the best flavour, Lemonade, and this fragrance reminds me of exactly that moment. The refreshing taste of that lemonade icy pole, with a hint of dark citrus.

A great scent with projection and longevity that stands up to the test of summer weather.

MichaelOrmes
MichaelOrmes

This cologne may be worn buy alot of guys but most women will tell you that it smells different on most guys to them.Your body changes the chemical makeup and makes it smell different to women even though it may smell the same to you.Men aren't chemically attracted to men thats why u as a guy smell just the cologne,but women pick up the difference and will say it smells good on all guys but if there are 2 or 3 guys or more wearing it then girls will say one guy smells better than another even though they are wearing the same cologne.

Little_L
Little_L

It is like overgrown fruit with springwater and sugar.
It stays on the skin for a long time, but who wants to smell like a fruit basket, left in the rain?

dani_i89
dani_i89

Very generic and overhyped. Marketing and the big designer name seems to have gotten to peoples heads before the scent got to their nose. Go for this if you want to smell like a number

jogjeff
jogjeff

Very fresh, citrus, clean, and masculine.. nice longevity, moderate sillage. Perfect for hot and summer weather. One of my favourite frags.. *thumbsup*

garett
garett

I dont have it cuz i dont want to be common but every time i visit the mall , i tell the SA to spray some on my wrist.Everytime i used to feel like Bvlgari aqva is better and yea bvlgari aqva/marine etc is indeed better.But the last time this one did some magic.
Immediately it gave me a flashback of the time when i was with my ex.I saw visions that i am wearing this aqua di gio and my ex is smelling this on me and we are in some hotel terrace with candlelight dinner and she is able to smell this quite good and she is like " oh yea hmm well you smell sexy and so fresh , oh you are so good , you are so different and with attitude" .Kinda like she doesnot say all this but she says it with her eyes , and those sparkles in her eyes.
This vision i saw gave me the impression that all that could have happened if i would have worn this in past with ex but i know it aint true.It was just a vision.
I give it 8/10 but still wont buy it

Ganz77
Ganz77

Fresh, sharp , clean and masculine, if not unspectacular. Had this a few years back. Very good every day cologne.

steve.brule
steve.brule

Welcome to one of the (if not the) most copied fragrance ever! This frag is killer and makes you want to kill at the same time. Reason being:

The Good:
1. Original Masterpiece that has set the tone of modern cologne.
2. Projection is great and once you smell it, you never forget it.
3. Can be casual bliss and formal at the same time.
4. Women say “citrus…yummy.”

The Bad:
1. Everyone and their uncle has it.
2. Way, WAY too many frags have copied it and added and taken away from it.
3. Odds are, it reminds her of her ex-boyfriend. So now you can’t wear it because it reminds her of the jerk who was once in her life.
4. It just plain sucks that #1, 2, and 3 from the bad made this fragrance lose its wow factor.

It's one of those colognes you wish no one other than you knew about. Hard to impress others now that everyone else is..just as impressive. None the less, I can't let the negative rule over the positive. This cologne really is a masterpiece that in my eyes will always outshine others in its category.

ITS juan
ITS juan

Smells good you. cant go wrong but every one has it "is that aqua de gio"? "hey I got that smell too aqua de gio right"? "I don't care"! more guys have mentioned it than girls. I want to trade it with some one.

meowtow
meowtow

This scent makes any guy instantly more attractive. One of my guy friends gave me his sweatshirt and I was dying to know what cologne he used. It's not a very grown up scent though, best for younger men.

maul
maul

I love this perfume.. Smell fresh like after take a bath.. :D

kuswantono kreator
kuswantono kreator

Perpaduan angin laut , garam , buah-buahan jeruk dan seperti pepaya serta sedikit wangi bunga , ADG memang parfum yang sensual , mempesona wanita , tipe pria petualang . Parfum ini lebih untuk menarik perhatian cewek , tidak cocok untuk ke kantor atau acara resmi . Pantas pernah menjadi best seller , mungkin mereka belum mencoba yang lain , ini bukanlah parfum yang luar biasa , saya mencatat ada beberapa yang lebih hebat dari ADG . Teliti sebelum membeli , jangan yang sudah berubah baunya atau expired !

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

I wanted to say "NO" to Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio.

Aquatics are usually not my preference, and several people I know wear it(which is usually an instant turn off for me). But I said "yes" because it smells so good and COOLS me down on a hot Summer day.

I'll only wear it during Summer, and I think it's best for daytime. It's very casual. Appropriate for hot, dry climates.

Update 7/26/2014: ADG on occasion can turn sour on the warnest days. Begins to smell very synthetic...yuk! It has become hit or miss. I think I better save this for Spring. On second thought, there are too many others I would prefer.

dichant
dichant

i bought it for my BF.. at 1st sniff.kinda made me think i made mistake by bought him this bottle,, coz for me its too masculine..too serious for my man :p (coz he's more to sport guy).. but then i give a 2nd chance, n sniff it again.. then i could smell the freshness of it.. n i like it a lot ^^ suit for young entrepreneur who's work until 5PM and then go straight ahead to his fav cafe to hangout with his pals.. ^^

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

This smells sooooo sexy on guys! I realize it's a very common scent, but I still love it. I have asked (even begged) my boyfriend so many times to wear this (and also D&G Light Blue) because it makes me weak in the knees when I smell it on guys, so naturally I'd want my guy to wear it. But he won't :( To me this is like a scent you'd wear after "graduating" from wearing Axe in your teen years haha!

Ultra.Black7

ماندگاری و پخش بوی خوب
ایده آل برای تابستان

scottdickson
scottdickson

It smells pretty common. It's the kind of scent that's immitated by clothing companies selling "urban" wear. They say immitation is the best form of flattery so I guess this perfume is something. The question, I guess is, do you want to smell common and inexpensive?

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

This one is definitely hated for it's own success. It is probably the most commonly worn fragrance out there, but it is successful for a reason. It is a compliment-getter and women like it. In my opinion, it is one of the best fresh/citrus fragrances out there.

Buy this one.

KeithScar
KeithScar

this is my signature fragrance, its not too light and not so over powering its just right,i fell in love with it back in high school. this is my all purpose cologne, i can wear Aqua Di Gio throughout all 4 seasons. Women smell this and go crazy!

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

The infamous ADG due to its popularity. Personally, I haven't seen anyone wearing this where I live. However, downtown is a different story. I walk by a lot of people downtown and I smell 4 different people wearing ADG which is inconvenient if I am wearing it also. Whenever I am planning on going to heavy populated places I tend to avoid ADG for evasion of the following messages "you smell like my boyfriend" or "let me guess, Acqua di Gio right?". Anyways, ADG has good projection and longevity. If you own this one then there really isn't point on getting the Essenza version because this thing already does its job and does it well. This is another one that can be worn all year round excluding propaganda aiming only for summer because it is a fresh aquatic. If this does not last on your skin, get the edp Essenza version which is actually very potent. Recommended to almost anyone of any age.

hotaru

As like any relationship has its ups and downs, dating and divorce, i guess this is the time i say 'ok, im out' to Acqua di Gio. i want a divorce, Gio boy.

Yes I know we've been together for about 6 years. Yes I remember those nights you had me in your arms with that fresh-out of the shower-woody and sexy coriander that bloomed out of the ocean-scent that made me thinking about 'let's rip his shirt off,shall we?', ah, who can even forget it? That freshness like water droppings in a mediterannian beach? Only a fool could say 'no'. I wasn't a fool, so we had these amazing 6 years, and now I'm done. I'm bored. I'm getting older and you're not. I want to live a peaceful life, writing my books meanwhile having a nice warm cup of chocolate with the dogs around meanwhile you want to chase girls and having those girls wink at you, I swear I saw them actually did that!
So,yeah. We had our moments, but this is the time for us to move on.See, I want you get out of his shelf. I loved you, I did, but we can't be together anymore. Well, of course you can visit and we'll be friends. As long as you're in a teeny tiny bottle. Deal?

I get clear rosemary and citrus. There are florals and a wood note, but they are obscure. It's not sweet and I get no "aquatic" or marine aspect to it, unless it is meant in an abstract way (which is my guess). By Contrast, after spraying on some Horizon it smells like you've got a clump of seaweed on your chest! Anyway, this has a bit of "chemical" quality but it's not "synthetic," meaning that while it doesn't smell entirely natural it's doesn't smell wrong. Rather, it smells like something that might be natural but that you have never smelled before. However, while I like the scent, it does lack the richness of the best designer fragrances. Otherwise, I have no complaints other than what some reviewers have said about longevity or projection ("sillage"). If you smell it up close on the skin, though (a few hours after application), you can detect some sort of marine quality and also a slight animalic amber type thing (rockrose/cistus labdanum?). I generally prefer fragrances that are a bit more challenging, such as One Man Show or even 1881, but this is certainly at least worthy of consideration for a change of pace.

mvhooper2

Fresh,modern, Breezy, semi-sweet, green and very masculine. Smells great.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

As can be detected from these comments right below, a lot (or all?) of girls & women rave on and on about this, how it's their favorite scent on a man, and how it drives them crazy. I've heard it firsthand. I certainly have -nothing- against that ;) but personally it's far from a personal favorite, mostly because of over-exposure. It was introduced in 1996, I used to wear it a lot a couple years later ca '99, and it does make me reminiscence of those summers gone by.

There used to be a time (still is, probably) when if you were a 20-something young male and went to a department store, the first thing they offered to show you was this. As a result, it was worn by everyone and their brother. And their brother's cousin.

Dori_T
Dori_T

My first boyfriend wore this, and it was my first cologne smell on a guy that wasn't Obsession for Men on my dad. I don't know if it was his body chemistry, or the cologne itself, but I went crazy whenever I smelled him. My roommate at the time stole it and spritzed her pillow with it. I was too young to discern the different smells of the cologne, but I still remember it smelling like perfection and everything a man SHOULD smell like. This is the smell of first loves, for me, probably until I die.

ninofranzjosef.alonso
ninofranzjosef.alonso

my favorite summer fragrance! the projection are crazy about 4 hours also the longevity? hmmm... 6-12 hrs.. wow.. bravo... :)

manofscents
manofscents

had it 6 years ago, used it once, sold it on ebay. this stuff is truely overrated and reaks of stale synthetic sweet and sour nothingness. And it enduces headaches. try other greats like bvlgari pour homme extreme, Hermes voyage d'hermes, allure homme edition blanche,cartier declaration, givenchy very irresitibale fresh attitude or other greats that may not neccessarily get the same mainsteam publicity, and then come back to aqua di gio and you'll see/smell what greatness is. Don't believe the hype!

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

The man i love wears this.. and i had no idea he was wearing it, all i knew was he smelled so good i wanted to lick him. I did not recognize this as cologne. to me he just smelled amazing and it drove me insane (in a good way) and what was even more awesome is i couldent tell what it was, the smell just seemed to come from him. This smells like HEAVEN on the right man.. it drives me crazy, every time i smell it i get a smile on my face, i guess because it reminds me of him. Nobody wears it like him but damn this is some good stuff! its just sexy and not too strong, not cliche, not expected.it smells different on every guy, its not intimidating or offensive. it smells like a soft sea breeze with a masculine trickle. PERFECTION!

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

It´s one of those perfumes that HAS to become copys in every dollar store around the entire world. This one definitly have had it´s share. Although the Real aqua di gio got a really nice and true peppery/patchouli base.Thats the difference i think. Just can´t bare to get through the opening, because Thats the opening "they" all have. If i could, i would.

suppie
suppie

This smells delicious. I can recognize this scent on a guy a mile away. It's very captivating and yes it smells a bit young but who cares? It's a carefree scent. You immediately get the citrus factor shot up to your nose on your initial spray but after it mingles with your skin for some time, it smells divine.

I'd recommend this on a male anyday!

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

Its smells like burnt lemons in a soggy wet cardboard box. In my opinion, It doesn't live up to its title. ITs okay. I wear it every now and then. But.. There are far better fragrances out there. Save your money. If Aqua Di Gio is your definition of an amazing fragrance, its simply because you haven't smelled the best.

murysusanto
murysusanto

For all time, from the beginning, acqua is one of the first to have aqua collection, then sport,extreme and so on.
Not much changed, Acqua by Giorgio Armani is timeless,the scent is immortal and that's make it best of 90's fragrance.

I always keep one in the collection, so many I got rid off and bored, this one is a forever collection.

PooPoo616
PooPoo616

SAVE YOUR MONEY! For only $5 you can get the Old Spice Komodo body spray that smells very similar to Acqua di Gio!

Of course when you get down to the details like high notes and bass notes, they probably don't compare, but to the average nose, they are ridiculously similar to each other.

So if you wear Acqua di Gio, not only do you have to compete with other people wearing this cologne, but also people who use the Komodo body spray.

It's a great scent, don't get me wrong, but it's true what others have said that this cologne is very popular, ergo it would not be unique to oneself.

yella_light
yella_light

Classic fragrance from the Armani house.
Citrus notes and cleaniness stands out from the rest. Definitely an original, but too many people have it.
This can be blind bought and the person won't regret it. Could be worn for all seasons.
A scent that everybody will remember...
(3-4 sprays max)

Age group: 16+
Projection: 4 stars
Longevity: 4 stars
Versatility: 4 stars
Smell: 4.5 stars
Overall: 4 stars

mukhangbumbay
mukhangbumbay

love this EDT...got a lot of compliment from people and even got a flirt from a lesbian office mate.

it's a basic in a man's fragrance collection. can be used everyday. last a long time. a real charmer for the ladies. always get "you smell good" compliment

i usually buy a small amount of fragrance in a shop i frequently go to before buying a whole bottle to test how it reacts to my sweat. it was recommended to me so i tried it. man after 2-3 sprays it felt good. smells nice and last long. the next day i bought two - one for me and one for my dad.

STAPLE FRAGRANCE FOR MEN. ONE OF THE BEST IN MY OPINION.

jMacSA
jMacSA

Meh... It's very good in a "middle of the road" kind of way. (Is that a good a good thing...?Best you decide for yourself.) Not exactly ground breaking in my opinion but a good scent for day to day wear. Expected more.

karthiktas
karthiktas

Just today i got Acqua Di Gio. Hmmmm... It smells Clean & fresh. The Best Summer Fragrance For Men. It reminds Paris Hilton Just Me for Men. But this one is great in some way, Projection is good for 1 hour & Longevity is average, It stays up to 3 hours only, then it gets close to skin, then again u got to respray. But I Love This. It makes me feel very fresh... I got many compliments. The one of Best Aquatic. If u r Aquatic Lover , Then u can try this one. Projection:6 , Longevity:4. I give 7/10

maddutchy
maddutchy

I hate how people say that there are tons of better fragrances but never name them...

sorry just had to get that of my chest. to be honest i had this fragrance eversince i was a freshmen. You know first prom and everything. I smelled it and absolutely fell in love with it. its so fresh,clean and it has a nice twist to it! that keeps it interesting for me. the projection is good and the longevity of it is oke. About 6 to 8 hours for me.

stanky
stanky

I had the Acqua for LIFE bottle and my, was I disappointed with the longevity. It is a wonderful scent but lacks longevity so much I almost thought it was a fake. I totally love the scent very much but I think it has a long way to go on staying power.
UPDATE!
It's a scent that I love so much it makes me imagine myself taking a bath with it on the sunny beaches of Hawaii! It's so soothing and fresh to me! I love it but still very poor longevity for such a wonderful scent.

herbst79
herbst79

I HATE this one! There is one note in it that ruins it for me and I think it is the cyclamen. I can't even smell the citrus over that note. Maybe my nose is ultra sensative to that flower. I don't think it smells clean either. I love Armani code for men, but HATE this one. The bad part is that one of my best friends wears this and I am the only one of his friends who doesn't like it. A lot of people like it but I don't.

ZELJO
ZELJO

was never a big fan of this one, too much advertisement campaings make this fragance a success but is nothing special, vanishes way too soon and the smell is like many others, not memorable

ScottyVizz

It's been 16 years..there's tons of better and cheaper fragrances on the market that you'll be able to find. ADG's modern touch is certainly fading.

Wolfcreek
Wolfcreek

Classic italian men´s fragrance,lemon and lime coctail.Fantastic.

mert.arslan
mert.arslan

İt's a legend..Best of aquatic scent..

nikolay_marinchev
nikolay_marinchev

What's happen with this fragrance???
For the last year 2011/2012 I bought this aroma from 4 different points in Europe - Portugal, France, Bulgaria and Austria. My last I bought before 2 days in Vienna.
And I'm totally disapointed.

The aroma starts to be so cheap and with a little longevity. It's smells like a lemon in a paper box. The testers at the shops have a different aroma compared with the EDT.
In Vienna I bought "Acqua di gio homme - limited edition (acqua for life)". Absolutely disappointment. From 0 to 10 -- 2 points, not much!

Longevity - around 1.5 to 2 hours.
Intensity - 0/10 - 2 points

It's getting worse and worse!

sanel
sanel

To me, it smells like walnuts with licorice and menthol.

stayclose
stayclose

In my opinion this is a true classic and will be around for many years to come if not forever. Just because everyone wears it dosent make it a lesser frag. A verycasua easy going aqua aromatiic.
3.22.12

kern
kern

i very much like this perfume. one of my favorite of all time.

bluepuppygirl
bluepuppygirl

ADG smells way too clean. Nearly astringent. Reminds me of lemon-scented hand sanitizers or liquid dishwash.

VetiverTheBest
VetiverTheBest

I´ve always thought the main note was watermellon. After this, lots of scents became similar to this. Didn´t know it was mainly citrus. I still love the aroma.

dmoman
dmoman

Yeah, I agree with everyone else about this being overplayed. However, if you are just using this for your personal pleasure then thats cool. There is a reason for this being the number 1 seller for a while now. If I was going just shopping by myself and not looking for a woman then I would use this.

babak125
babak125

با این تعاریفی که دوستان ارائه کردند احتمالا شامه یا سلیقه من یه مشکلی داره.چون بوی ضغم ماهی و آبهای دریای جنوب رو در وهله اول برام تداعی کرد.یه نفس دیگه کشیده بودم مغازه عطرفروشی رو به گند میکشیدم(حالت تهوع)
جالبه که از دوستم که همراهم بود نظرخواهی کردم و ایشون بسیار ازش تعریف کرد

Chimp
Chimp

Acqua di Gio just smells just too common and ordinary, it doesn't present anything new or extraordinary to the world of scents but it is an overall nice fresh smelling fragrance with a good longevity. If you like Acqua di Gio i'd recommend you to check out Declaration Cologne by Cartier

Plucus21

This is a masterpiece. Period. That is why it has reached the level of number one selling mens cologne for something like 10 years straight.

This is citrusy, clean, and slightly musky. Long lasting and excellent sillage make this cologne a good value as well. The only people that don't like this are fragrance snobs. However, smelling like everyone else on earth, even if it smells good, is a definite negative.

marisacb
marisacb

I just bought a knock off for 4 bucks at dd's discounts called aqua h2o. Smells good, not sure how the sillage compares, but I loved the price!

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Acqua di Gio is perfection the perfect aquatic.

Acqua di Gio is one of those fragrances I just do not understand. The mere thought of hooking up with a guy wearing this would probably be a deal-breaker for me, as shallow as that sounds.

Aquatics and citrus based scents don't go down too well with me. I find Acqua di Gio sharp and irritating. There are some citrus masculines I adore, for example, Acqua di Parma's Colonia and L'eau d'Issey pour Homme, yet this incredibly popular fragrance just can't, and will not appeal to my tastes.

The opening is heavy with citrus accords, most notably lemon, lime and bergamot. To my nose these notes are not crisp nor refreshing, but rather astringent and metallic. The ocean water note makes matters worse, introducing an odd and somewhat clashing salt accord.

Acqua di Gio is the masculine equivalent to D&G Light Blue for Women. Both fragrances are popular citrus scents that fall into either a love it or hate it category.

Perhaps in a gym or a sports situation, Acqua di Gio is tolerable, however I find too many guys wearing this during Winter, out clubbing, or in the worst case scenario, applying it far too heavily which leaves me gasping for air. It's a Summer fragrance and should be worn casually, in moderate doses.

Due to its popularity and expensive price tag, I know many men will buy it thinking it's the best smelling thing in the world and that it attracts women like bees to a honey pot. Marketing is not always accurate. Sniff around before putting your cash on the register for this one.

raihanasalways
raihanasalways

this is the father of all perfume...The fav.

great just great

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

My husband's go to scent! He absolutely loves this scent. It's crisp, fresh with just a bit of sweetness to it. I like it too, but I wish he would change sometimes :-)

pomdgf
pomdgf

My second bottle right now. Nothing to say much about this scent. I just gonna say Try it, Wear it, but beware to Love it. Best summer and every fragrance of all time. I found most of woman love this scent. I don't surprise anything at all.

meduza
meduza

My husband has this one for years and I like it sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!
Its a sportive, sexy , clean , really special one.
:D

akhileshwarm
akhileshwarm

If u love this stuff n you are someone who wears cologne everyday n night, don't waste money in trying any other clean scent, u will come back to this safe heaven only.

Clean + gourmand - amazing.

SAFEST SEXY SOBER stuff

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

I really like this fragrance! Its a very lite, clean smell but is too commonly worn. Every guy and his dog wears this fragrance.

God bless!!

Mozay86
Mozay86

Classic!!

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

Polo, Drakkar, Cool Water, and now ADG. A fragrance popularized by the younger set and worn ubiquitously and overzealously. A fresh, citrus, sandy, sweet blend that isn't bad, but not original. Like the other armani offerings: simple with fairly short duration. I prefer Mania if I have to with an Armani fragrance.

kimberly.shih
kimberly.shih

My son bought his first cologne called PIMP about 10 years ago when he was 16. It smelled like a pimp who hadn't bathed in months and used pine disinfectant between times. I gave him a bottle of Acqua di Gio and he became very popular at school. He still wears it to this day and is very popular with his wife. (He has always been popular with me, except when he wore PIMP!) LOL

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

wow..its a blast thing. The aquatic aroma makes my wife mad.The slight touch of floral is really awesome.. longevity..GR888..

misterjohn
misterjohn

Since I enjoy aquatics and this seems like the king of the genre, I thought I'd give it a try. Got a tester for a very good price on ebay. It arrived a couple of days ago, so consider these first impressions. I did not enjoy the initial smell at all. Seemed like bitter fruit. After a few minutes, things settled down to something much more pleasant. Ran this head to head with Nautica Oceans, and it seems much more complex and interesting than that scent. Much more going on in terms of evolving flowers and fruits compared to the ever present lemon of Oceans. I really enjoy this fragrance as do the family. The vote was unanimous for this scent over Nautica Oceans or Nautica Blue (the competing aquatics). I can see why this is so popular.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio is the perfect masculine citrus scent! Fresh, clean, and classic! It’s become so popular that it has lost some of its appeal but, it is still a great fragrance. There’s only one catch to this cologne, don’t smell it in the bottle or on a paper card because it will smell like bug spray. To really love this fragrance, test it out on your skin. It’s fantastic!

andy

the most common scent ever its like EVERy guys signature scent besides polo blue

as for the scent its really well done and a knock out but i prefer issey miyake and other aquatics that build on this and since its 60 bucks a bottle perry ellis 360 is MUCH cheaper and even WAY better smelling because he builds on this scent and makes it even better

pcurry1961
pcurry1961

An inoffensive smell. Very much an 'office' fragrance, that is not at all grown up.

Best in autum/fall and winter.

DominicMC
DominicMC

It's a nice scent. but has anyone ever realized it smells a lot like Versace Pour Homme? try it out for yourself!! 8/10 for me :)

sguble
sguble

I would describe it as a migraine in a bottle. Very in your face and disturbing. Extremely old fashioned. Definitely unisex (more on the feminine side), and you will spend hours smelling like watermelon bubble gum :) Not for me I'm afraid!

Actionmac
Actionmac

Was a staple in my collection...

Smell this so much now it turns my stomach, had to move to dislike shelf. Shame because it's fresh and well done frag. However, it seems so many have just discovered and wear it so much I come to hate the scent.

Maybe later when the masses move on to the next "oh it's what everybody is wearing" scent of the day, I may be able to love or like it again.

UPDATE 4.17.12: Have decided to use Sel Marin because I really want a nice Aquatic and I can't take the smell of Aqua Di Gio. I don't know if I will ever be able to return to this as it has become even more popular.

huzayfa
huzayfa

Like it. IMO this is the best bang for your buck perfume out there. (and i have like 20+ different perfumes in my collection)

Grade: B-

Piparmynt
Piparmynt

Yes, love it! And also one special person who wears it!

memories, memories...

The best ever!!!

ScottyVizz

I've smelled it on guys many times and it was very unpleasant. Reason being that the smell was sharp and rough. I'm surprised this crap still sells so well. 1996 is over and there are many other better fragrances to choose from.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Fresh Marine... Lemon Lime.. complex floral .. Musky spicy ....dry...down
*SIGH* yeah we've heard it a Thousand times -_-

It's safe and pleasant. But in a superficial way, that to me just speaks of shame and lack of real confidence and character. Clean, sterile, shaved chest with not a trace of facial hair kinda guys. Which are abundant these days.

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

I won't list smelling notes or describe Acqua di Gio here. Anyone who has left his or her house in the last 15 years has smelled it a thousand times. It's the one that smells good in that currently fashionable "clean" way, that you smell everywhere.

An amazing fragrance in terms of scale of appeal, it seems that everyone likes Gio, and in fact I've never met a person who was offended by it. It is also safely masculine so men everywhere can feel manly while wearing fragrance.

Personally I love Acqua di Gio, but I won't wear it. I've long left it to men who don't mind smelling like the crowd, though my bottle's siren call can still be heard occasionally through its layer of dust.

So forgive me if I lean in a bit if wearing it you stand near me on the train. You just smell so good.

I'm a woman and I'm absolutely crazy for this cologne. I'm not surprised it's probably the #1 best-seller of all time. Go ahead and get it! Don't worry over whether anyone else wears it. I never smell it on anyone. I see Bentleys more often than I smell this fragrance on a man.

It smells faintly like watermelon, cleanliness, softness, woods, nutmeg, and SEXINESS. I love that it's not particularly spicy like so many typical men's fragrances. Cant' go wrong with Acqua di Gio! A Guaranteed Chic Magnet!

jesvox
jesvox

Acqua di Gio im sick of this cologne, EVERYONE wears this!!!!
it smells good, but you will smell like the dude standing next to you....

Dreamcatcher92
Dreamcatcher92

Acqua Di Gio ...it's some kinda over-rated...but still one of the best
nice, clean, fresh but not simple...it's essential for every guy's wardrobe...but unfortunately everyone wears this stuff...well...almost

smokva

One of the scants I don't realize why they got so poular. Doeasn't evoke anything when I smell it.

AlexVEA
AlexVEA

Acqua Di Gio to me has an universal appeal! It does! It s light but loud, its fruity, but masculine, its clean, but complex...Of course one would pick up its light, citrusy notes first, followed by its marine and fresh drive... but later, in 5 minutes or so, you start paying attention to its heart notes of bergamot, peach, and jasmine, and even though it fades quite fast, it still leaves a trail of freshness and "cleaniness" behind it. One of my favorites!

cutepup20
cutepup20

This is my favorite on a man!!! It don't smell like a old man, it's sexy and not too strong in which it gives you a headache. I love it when my fiance wear it in bed. Not a going out fragrance because it fades.

Yan9
Yan9

I love Armani fragrances. I found this good not great at all. For some reason I found this little bit light and confusing fragrance on first spray. Dry down was more convincing and I thought yes this is a good fragrance and do have place in my collection.

I don’t know whether to call this floral or aqua fragrance. So I call this aqua floral. This is a very common and widely used scent. I don’t think you can stand out.

My ratings out of 10 –

Scent – 7
Longevity – 7.5
Overall – 7.5

smokva

I have it, but it doesn't work for me. I'm not into that aquatic staff.
If I have to choose between all time most popular scants I would always pick Fahrenheit before ADG.

lqmmanh
lqmmanh

Một mùi hương kinh điển nhưng quá phổ biến

Scarlet Moon
Scarlet Moon

I love this fragrance. One of my all time favorites. When I wear this, it makes me fresh, boosts my morale and makes me feel good and lifts my spirits.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Great summer scent especially in sporting or other activities but worn by too many men(boys) so its not special for me anymore.
Its like one said in a later review : if you want to smell like the guy next to you... buy it.
Its clean Its Fresh its Aqua!!!

I think not many will dislike this fresh little fella though.

juan carlos.henriquez

sublime, esta en mi top 3 definitivo, este aqua de gio, euphoria y 212 son los 3 mejores perfumes q puedes usar, despues de estosno hay mejores, para mi al menos.

haasemanzi

Appeals to everyone, cool, fits in any moment, the best, forever!!!!

marianalbir
marianalbir

love it...love it...love it
the most wonderful perfume that my bro. ever used

edjuggernaut
edjuggernaut

for those who dislike this perfume are liars. Its a must have fragrance.

malik2011
malik2011

hhhhh yes undoubtedly SUMMER BEAST when i wear it really honestly i feel very refreshed and refresh those who are around >>>thumps up G.A

Stefano050
Stefano050

Acqua di Gio reminds me of a businessman who has succes in his live. Stands up, takes a shower, getting dressed in an expensive suit and drives to his work.

I give the scent an 7,5 because it doesn't last as long as i'd like.

Ingriface
Ingriface

This perfume is so wonderful that I might have to start wearing it even though it is a men's perfume. My friend wore it and I just couldn't stay away from him!

sourservice
sourservice

This is the legend. This is what smell great for every man should like. I know some people complaining about bland, boring, aquatic, etc. Thats because they do not want to smell like everybody else, but maybe deep inside their heart they have to admit it smells delicious.

ADG set the standard for aromatic aquatic fragrances. More than decade, but still become top selling fragrance in many countries.

Occassion: warm summer; Sillage: Good; Longevity: Average. Great scent.

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

Best aquatic on market and best Armani scent. I have sampled many fragrances but this is one of best options if you want something fresh and longlasting with hint of sweetness, flowers and aquatic notes. It starts with fresh blast of watermelon and dries down through floral heart to white musk base. There are so many notes listed and I am pretty sure they all belongs into this composition because its hard to describe smell with words. Its soft but yet not feminine, fresh but not sharply fresh rather fruity/flowery fresh. It is very versatile and longevity on my skin is around 8+ hours. I smelled it on another guy just once so popularity is not issue for me. Best used in summer when other fragrances will get on your nerves fast. This is not alpha male or cave man scent. It has style and sophistication. Girls absolutely love it. Its one of favourites of my girlfrend.

Overall 8/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

Livca
Livca

Seems to be very popular indeed. Nearly all guys I ever met have worn this, so I don't know who to think of first when I smell it :). But great scent for men, one of my favourites, classic.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I think this smells great. The only problem I ever had with it is that it's too popular and I don't like wearing something that so many other people wear. But the scent itself is great.

vereshkooleg11
vereshkooleg11

very fresh, aquatic and floral smell!!! I do like it..one of my favourite. But actually, it seems that producers spoilt the basic formula of this scent..The old Di Gio was much much much better

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

More overexposed than even Cool Water, Acqua di Gio is the brightest and most enduring masculine olfactory essay on woodsy, calone-drenched '90s aquatic notes. Everything is water-painted into a clean sheen of semi-sweet & salty elements. The lemon/lime combination in the top notes eventually pervades the middle of dewey florals, only to give way to a light wood base. I'm convinced the formula involves a gallon of calone mixed with a few cups of Iso E Super. Some people love that; the overly clean and polished smell of aquatic fragrances do nothing for me, and therefore I have no use for Acqua di Gio. Don't let my preferences stop you from trying this masterpiece for yourself. It's certainly a well-executed concept.

Alex smelling great
Alex smelling great

An expensive Aqua fragrance. Too much pricy for a perfume that last that short. Maybe it is my skin. Try it, you can have better luck.

Final personal opinion: Buy it if you want an EXPENSIVE shower.

donnasch
donnasch

This is a very clean sexy warm scent on a man for me. It doesn't get stale and I can smell traces of it hours after it has been applied.
My favourite flowers are freesias and I definitely pick up on this note. It just makes me want to nuzzle in closer. Bergamot has a similar effect on me.
Add this to the right body chemistry...and WOW!
And if that man is incredibly sexually compatible with you...nothing but fantastic memories associated with this scent!

anton007

A signature scent is one that you keep buying, bottle after bottle and smells great! This is definitely that. I have smelled many colognes out there and none truly compare or reach up to this one. My signature scent for about a decade now! One of a kind!

Bram
Bram

This is an amazing fragrance, Mr Morillas did an eccelent job with this one. It opens with a perftect blend of citrus and aquatic notes and I love every minute of it. This is my new signature fragrance and I'm quite lucky coz I've never smelt it on anyone where I live(fragrances are not popular) and I don't think people should dislike a scent because of it's popularity, I think that fragrances should be rated entirely on their smell. This is a definte buy especially if you like aquatic fragrances like me. Just Blind buy it, believe me you cannot go wrong...although you might not be only person rocking this.. Go Get it if you don't already got a bottle..Ladies too uch a fresh fragrance can be pulled of by anyone.

xerces1492
xerces1492

Good colognes are like good songs, if they get too much air-time people start to hate them. Acqua di Gio has unfortunately fallen into that category. It's that cologne that everyone loves to hate. Why? Because in all reality, everyone loves to wear it all the time. The honest-to-God truth? Acqua is simply the best "aquatic" frag on the market. None of the other ones have the same kick that it has. They're all just top notes & a couple of mids. There's no spice or zest to the rest. In reality, most people don't realize they've smelled a frag before unless a family member, significant other, or ex- wore it. So stink it up with todays most common, but amazing fragrance.

UrbanEnergy
UrbanEnergy

It has an extra ordinary refreshing smell and i personally like it. Even though i am a girl but still i really got attracted towards it and was forced by myself to buy it.Its really good and i recommend it to those people who want that others should stop by and ask them about the perfume that they are wearing!

dokepi
dokepi

if you are looking for something to use everyday
thats your fragance...use it after the bath!
smells good,and it had a good projection, but frankly it is nothing unique...

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I remember when I first smelled this on boys I went to high school with and the stop-me-in-my-tracks way it made me ask what fragrance it was they were wearing. There is something remarkable about this cologne. Even to this day, over 11 years later, long after my high school days I love this scent on men. It's refreshing, alluring, and sensual. A true winner, if ever there was one.

lazzz
lazzz

Great smelling fragrance probably the reason why its so popular, it is also very strong, one maybe two sprays at the most otherwise I can feel there is this cloud of ADG around me which is uncomfortable. Longevity is tremendous, 10 to 12 hours without a problem I wish they all lasted this long.

Definitely a good scent and I recommend it but if you want more individuality then this is not for you.

jcastano
jcastano

I remember in high school, I was the only person to wear this and let me tell you, I drove the ladies WILD!!!! I would stop people right in their tracks every time I was around, literally! Both guys and gals would follow me just to sniff me or ask me what I was wearing! Even teachers and faculty would stop to smell me! There's just something about this fragrance that is so alluring, pleasant, masculine, and sexy!

Unfortunately, out of high school and into college and the real world, I soon found out that everyone wears this! I don't mind much though, I still wear it from time to time and it's still one of those scents that makes you wonder how something can smell so good!

Upon the initial spray, you can definitely detect the rosemary and jasmine but to me, it somewhat smells like a pleasant bug spray, if that sounds appealing at all. However, the heart notes and basenotes is where this truly shines! Persimmon fruits, marine notes, cedar, patchouli, white musk, and rock rose? What does all that smell like? Well, it's slightly musky and a bit woody but the rock rose gives it a subtle floral vibe with the fruits giving this a slightly sweet tinge. Now imagine all that mixed with the aquatic notes, and there you have it! The best way I can describe this is picture something that smells bitterly sweet and salty, almost like sprinkling salt and sugar on a bowl of citrus fruits.

Try it if you haven't, there's a reason this stuff is an all time best seller! Plus, the purpose of musk is to give a fragrance longevity and this one is no slouch in that department! I get about 7 hours every time and though it's a bit pricey, it's more than worth it!

TommyB
TommyB

Great refreshing fragrance and one I will never be without.

Nebraska123
Nebraska123

I am amazed how many women notice and love this scent(even though I cannot smell it after a few hours). Lasts all day and my girl friend can smell it on her bed sheets for days after(she loves the smell).

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Reminds me of the hot flannel you put on your face after you've eaten in an Indian Restaurant...

Reading below suggests this was the orginal fresh, lemon scent for men?? If so, it is owed much respect, there is a reason why so many copied it...

Longevity & projection are ok

nePtunus
nePtunus

My signature fragrance! I love this perfume. Beautiful scent, so energetic, also attention grabber. No doubt that every playboys wear it. Luckily only few people use it in my country :D

Yes you can't go wrong with it, but it rather too overpowered when you use it at night.

frogman
frogman

I remember when this perfume came out, It was the king of summer. Only god knows how many copy have been made from this perfume. Such a nice Frag.

Vierhuizen
Vierhuizen

this is a very nice cologne. One that helped kickstart a huge revolution in men's fragrance. Before this stuff, most men's cologne was very strong and heavy.

This one came out of no where with a fresh and sublte smell. It's been the best selling cologne for quite a long time. And for pretty good reason too!

It's a nice citrus smell, with a little bit of florals. Projection and longevity aren't great. (I get about 6 hours). But that is forgiveable considering it is a fresh scent.

It isn't the best out there, there are many other options to choose from, but if you do choose it you won't get dissapointed.

hichristiangoodbye
hichristiangoodbye

My recent buy and man this is classic the idea of a real aquatic really loving this but unfortunately it only lasts 6-7hrs on my skin but on clothes 8hrs+

ION
ION

Acqua di Gio, is a stellar example of how important and beneficial correct timing can be. It was the right product, the right moment much like saying "you'd better be lucky than good".
People liked it quite as much as Gaultier's Le Male for example but the second one will last forever (being the very ingenious composition it is).

pablOSO
pablOSO

yes, its good and well made....

yes, everybody uses it...

I used to have it , but got bored...gave a half empty bottle to a friend...maybe i will buy a smaller bottle someday....

Affar
Affar

IF you live in a hot and dry place, like i do, then you will appreciate GIO. The refreshing and aquatic scent will work as a magnet for everyone near you. Nevertheless, it is sad that this fragrance is soooo popular that you will bump into two guys wearing it whenever you go to any social event.

oxm
oxm

Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani is a stunning fragrance just look at the ingredients shown in the tab of the site (yes ... they always look to see what I hear from those listed)
.... I said that the composition of this fragrance includes many notes as if trying to create a place and a fantastic environment, where the day is a continual feast. The sparkling notes accompany us like a gentle surf crashing on the rocks, while a symphony of flowers and fruits enchants us, and a fund discreet and persistent framing this masterpiece fresh and marine, where the wet sand by the sea releases its gleaming in the sun.
timeless

AalYasser
AalYasser

Proper for hot weather
Feel fresh

cezarmac
cezarmac

excellent at all,but i dont like to smell just like any others,specially here in Brazil

Koukla190
Koukla190

nice sexy smell for a man, can't go wrong with this one guys! ; )

tuscany
tuscany

To be very honest,I have this and love it but it seem's that every one is wearing ADG now aday's,it,s become so,if i may,a common cologne,it is and all way's will be a classic.

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

It's nice scent but every playboy wears it in my country . I cant stand it anymore

Dr. Smellgood
Dr. Smellgood

Ahhh...our top selling fragrance for the last 15 years is without a doubt among the official scents of unimaginative d-bags everywhere. (It's in the same boat with Fierce and Hollister) This is the cologne you turn to when you have zero imagination or lack the desire to explore the fragrance world and find a scent that won't make you smell like forty other dudes in any given social setting. I roll my eyes and die inside a little every time I have some lunkhead come to my counter and say "I need some Di Gio. (which they invariably pronounce Dee Gee Oh)"

patrik
patrik

Very fresh, very light, has a strong note of citrus, but also more fruity notes like orange and peach, something that other fragrances such as light blue by Dolce and Gabana do not have.

what you will LIKE: Long lasting, original, good projection, good silage,

what you will NOT like: overpriced, Apparently Everyone has this? too fruity, There is no mystery in this scent, its simply a fresh scent that can be worn anytime of the day.

Save your money, stick with Davidoff's Cool water.

anton007

A most wonderful fragrance and I wear it for special occasions. I almost thought it has pheromones in it because I get so many compliments. Since it does not, it works well on me anyways. Love it!!

Akahina
Akahina

This is pleasant enough and is deservedly popular because it is, like people have said here, crisp, fresh and very wearable for the warmer months. This is a safe bet for those that want a nice and non threatening aquatic scent...that virtually everyone has and wears. So, do you really want to smell just like every Tom, Dick and Harry? Not me. I am so bored by this scent, not put off or offended, just bored.

If you want an aquatic that sets you apart from the crowd, choose something else, almost anything else! If you want to blend in and go unnoticed, buy Acqua di Gio.

djibouti96
djibouti96

MAGNIFIQUE! Il n'y aucun mot qui peut décrire cette grande odeur quand je la met! C'est un de mes parfums préférer! Merci Giorgio Armani et Alberto Morillas pour avoir créé cette magnique odeur si pétitiante, si fraiche, si boisé et si chaleureuse!

cosminsolomon
cosminsolomon

the thing that ruins it is that weird smell of olives....

jackcar7
jackcar7

this is definitely one of my favorite scents, so fresh, i feel like always newly bath, until its drydown.

prince_scent
prince_scent

I have this perfume as a gift but i didnt use it, i dont like the smell.. it gives me a headache....

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Non-aged fragrance, Acqua di Gio was a great aquatic cologne. Remains modern for me but, it's quite expensive for a type of fragrance which has a lots of others like this. Great, but not exactly unique today.

Insolent
Insolent

Gorgeous fragrance. I used to wear it myself in my teens - might try again as a summer aquatic - I bought the woman's one and gave it to my mum as it bore very little resemblence to the man's one and was ruined byfairy liquid and honey overtones...

babybash44
babybash44

My girlfriend got me this for my birthday, and I was pleased. I know EVERYBODY seems to have it, but I don't care. It's very interesting and individual for an aquatic. Something in it reminds me of peppers (green bell type, not salt's soulmate). The cologne is sexy yet fresh and I really enjoy it. The only bad thing I can say is that if you wear this during cooler weather it smells different and not necessarily good... but it's great for at a club or Summer weather. Go Armani! And yes I totally agree it has a boring bottle but still, it's classic in its own way.

deki

this is great thing,,,I do not care who is useing it,,,its great

petzolino
petzolino

ADG is a fresh and summery scent - a bit overused and abused now and it's time to move to something else. A nice memory though...

sunnysniffs
sunnysniffs

blue mediterranean sea under the clear blue sky with acqua di gio on.. exquisite combination..
i bought this perfume few years back... and i was arrested by the beauty of the fragrance.
acuqa di gio is a perfect blend of citrus/aquatic/woody notes.. the aroma is so invigorating that it'll just unstrain the body and soul..
Longetivity is awesome... and so is the sillage.
i'll give 9/10.. the only negative is its far too common now..
A must buy !!

tusshe
tusshe

i love the smell....i have it coz i just like to smell it. And my fiance has it and wear it...which it was coincidence he already wear it the whole his life..i love it before i met him..so its kinda funny, dont you think?

rafiqi
rafiqi

my wife love this perfume on me... whats more

mj9999
mj9999

Too citric!! Well, they say its a classic...But for me wayyyy too citric...the notes listed are so many but for me, maybe 3 or 4 notes...Lemon, Bergamot, orange, Tangerine? Hate too much citruses...They should be there just for masking the obnoxious base notes (at early stages)...

fazel
fazel

Bau yang mantap

ganeshcfc
ganeshcfc

im used to love strong, heavy scents.. now, this magic portion is my favourite..maybe im a little late to discover this, but acqua di gio is awesome.. fresh, clean and very relaxing..

Longevity ? more than 7 hours on me.. max 3-4 sprays

Projection ? Excellent.. im sure to get compliments if anyone pass by me..

Bottle ? lovely

8.5/10...

Cylob
Cylob

Can say one positive thing about this.
The music in the first 11 seconds of the commercial is great!
Music by Oval. Stunning.
Nvm the fragrance. I'm too old for this aquatic citrus fruity crap...

Endymion
Endymion

Why should Acqua di Gió criticized for being extremely popular?

I admit, I'd never buy it because everbody knows it and is overtly popular, however it is still a GORGEOUS scent! Can't really imagine that some find it bad...

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I once liked this perfume, for sometimes...but then, when I try to wear this perfume again. I don't like it, it doesn't smell good on my body. My nose refuse it, pity! Since many people like this perfume, but I could not get along with it :(

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

The scent of nature
It smells like a snowy forest and a sunny beach at the same time.
It got a very clean scent to it as well.
Very good, but overrated.

deadenglish
deadenglish

no review i write could ever live up to the hype or popularity of this cologne. its one of the best selling of all time, but for a reason. its liked by everyone...and even if someone doesnt like it, the dont hate it. I have not found anyone who is offended or put off by it. its soft and pleasant. and you have the reassurance of knowing that if you buy it, almost every woman would like it.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I am the guy who buys popular fragrances once they are no longer trendy. At least that was what I was going for by waiting until 2011 to buy this one. Anyway, I like it. Really I do. What I hate is that I get way more complements wearing this one than Creed. Lol. Anyway, its just clear to me why fellas love it. I do as well. It’s a staple kinda like Issey Miyake. Popular but a must have.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

With those ADG,Blue lable,Azzaro chrome,CK one the smell from the bottle is good.
Very citrusy watery cold opening but with these aquatics they dry down to a metallic cheap flowery smell.
It can be called fragrance in top,but dry down is awful,especially this,blue label and chrome!
Have good longevity and projection for an aquatic.
I'm like many other, shocked with fact that this is no1 best seller.

Pianopolice

Simple and safe. These two characteristics has made this cologne extremely popular. I don't like it though; why? Becasue everybody has it, and this has nothing special. Expensive and I think very over rated. But as I said it is safe, suitable for everyday use, and very refreshing. I would use Bvlgari Aqva as my everyday use, which hasn't become as common as Aqua Di Gio yet.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

Love the body wash, but the cologne may be a little too much overdone, you can wear the body wash anytime of year, but the cologne you only wear late spring/SUMMER/early,warm/ hot, rainy fall... that's the purpose of the body wash is to use it with the body wash you already have, or use it alone, to enhance the overall smell/ aura

Papi
Papi

I discovered this scent back in 2002 and guess what? I really liked it, but I thought I will leave it and use it later when I am more adult...

Since 2009 it got really popular according to most of you on fragrantica, but where I live in London, I am not smelling it at all... hmmm, even if I would smell it, I would take the same position as italian drummer, and think "f*ck it"

Hica
Hica

I absolutely LOVE this scent irreguardless of its popularity. Still one of my favorite smells on a man.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

One of the best male perfumes to use everyday. It opens with citruses and becomes more flowery during the drydown.
Longevity and projection are good enought to get noticed. I remember one day at the work when a woman asked me what I was wearing and I said: "Acqua di Giò". What is interesting about this is that I had sprayed AdG 6 hours earlier.
Because its high price, after finishing my bottle of Acqua di Giò, I tried some "cheap copies" as Just Me by Paris Hilton and Unbound by Halston. After that, what can I say is beside the diferences between them, I found Acqua di Giò much better.
I don't care if many guys are wearing AdG, if it is too common. AdG is a great fragrance and I'm planning to have another bottle soon.
My final rating: 9.25/10.

MichaelR
MichaelR

Very Lemony and Citrus and that's why the scent is so kool and nice! Reminds me so much of summer times!

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

my boyfriend has been wearing this for many years; this is what he smelled like when we met 4 1/2 years ago. I still love how sexy and clean he smells in this! I know it is very popular, but I don't even care b/c it smells so good on him!

MDWake8
MDWake8

In my opinion, this scent is to men as Coco Mademoiselle is to women. Is a tweaked modernized version of everything that has worked in the past over and over again, specifically the classic Italian Acqua di Parma. Yeah, Acqua di Gio was the single man's "scent to have" not so long ago but so what? Fragrance doesn't smell the same on everyone and based on sales and consumer feedback, Acqua is not going anywhere. It still remains in the top ten and has since its launch.

jonny19
jonny19

This is a fragrance that is so popular that it has become underrated(if that makes sense). Acqua Di Gio is one of the best, if not THE best designer summer fragrance of all time. But since its so great and so many people have realized its baeuty, it has become overly popular and fragrance snobs like to hate on it. It is the king of aquatic scents, without a doubt. Truly a vision evoking fragrance that evokes images of being in Italy in the presence of the Mediterranean Sea. This is a top favorite of women. I always say, if God was to count every compliment ever given to a fragrance, the top 2 would be le male and acqua di gio.

Scent: 10. I dont need to explain myself
Projection: Very good for a "light aquatic" summer fragrance. 8(for a summer fragrance)
Longeivty: Average. Not all day, but lasts until the sun goes down and your ready to put something else on for the night, or reapply Acqua Di Gio 7

Final Grade: Even though it doesnt say so mathematically in my final grade system, i give this fragrance a 9.5/10 . One of the honest legends of fragrance

cocolove
cocolove

It´s the perfect fragrance for a man, regardless the age. It´s smells so fresh, chic, sexy and delicate. It´s suitable for every occasion.

2CentsOnScents
2CentsOnScents

A nice fragrance that is known throughout. I believe anyone can where this fragrance anywhere. I get pretty good longevity and sillage out of this fragrance for a fresh fragrance and a very nice smell that I can't see being offensive to anyone.
10 out of 10. I would recommend this to any male that is looking for a signature scent.

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

Alright people, lets be real here. Everyone who wants to be cool & blend in wear this, to me its absolutely revolting. There's too much jasmine and a bit too much citrus in it and besides why would you wannasmell like everyones boyfriend?...I used to wear it all the time & then noticed "Hey, your everywhere".So I put a new bottle away in my storage. Beware guys this scent is nothing special & nothing new.

aeonthailand
aeonthailand

It's incredible smell for me.The smell is like you have a whole fruit market with you. and suit the most for guys above middle 20s ...I give 5 thumbs up?

asianmetalhead
asianmetalhead

the best selling men's cologne and for go reason. i don't care who you are you will smell good with this stuff on. not very unique but universally pleasing :)

feeg
feeg

When I smell this on any man I fell in love with him :D
My BF have it and anywhere I go and smell it, it reminds me of him... I just love it. It's the way I imagine men to smell. I havent seen any better than this and I'm a perfumeista !

jgschmitt99
jgschmitt99

This is such a wonderfully clean and sophisticated scent. Both gentle and Spartan, it makes me feel like I live the fictional life of a model in a Banana Republic ad. Very simple and unrehearsed, yet perfectly executed and with class. A true classic.

Miliama
Miliama

This is an old classic. It smells wonderful, love it on a man. So sexy.

gatsby
gatsby

too common. too old. too nothing special. Bye bye and btw: RIP the model, from the commercial.

justlikehoney
justlikehoney

Never smell this one before till I met someone who look very great when he wear Shirt&Suit.That's make me can't resist his naughty when he smile and stand beside me (coz his smell make me...BlahBlahBlah)with this scent make me ask him what's he sprayed!
So i bought this one for a month and very great on my skin,long lasting

Congeniality
Congeniality

I like it, my man also likes it, but staying power on it is very bad :( And on other popular Armani perfumes, too. It's weird that we felt such bad quality for the price on my man.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

So much has already been said about this one. An excellent work scent if you're not trying to make waves. It smells good and it's easy to wear. Period.

uriphides
uriphides

IMO, a floral , elegance and musculine scent but I don't think it could go with young men, in thier 40 or over maybe. Anyway, I can imagine this one smell more beautifully on bussiness woman.

xarkio
xarkio

I smelt this EDT for the first time some days ago.
When I smelt this i think that it was something that I've smelted before.

It is so popular because averyone who don't have the time to look for a frag wears that. In my opinion that's a safe choise but for sure not the best.

Although it has wonderfull citrus notes that I really love, I believe that's not what I like to wear I prefer something like Davidoff Cool Water or even beter something like BLEU de Chanel. Both of them are aquatic and mysterious frags.

This EDT smells like a wonderfull sampoo but that's all nothing better.

If you don't like perfumes with character that's what you will love.
If you like to smell like you just came out of the shower that's the best.

lil_taul
lil_taul

its a good cologne. its highly overrated cause its other colognes that smell alot better that don't sell like this one. the only reason why this sell so much and so popular cause of a NAME, ARMANI. its not a must have but, jus another good smelling cologne to add to your collection, this is the one.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

Some fragrances are simply classics while others are just really popular that a lot of houses somewhat "imitate" it. As I type this, it's already 2011 and I'm sure a lot has changed since this was first released.

Unfortunately, copycats don't just get it right, they actually improve it. Yes, the original way of making Cheesecake crust is to use grahams but using Oreos is good to, it might be even better.

Explore Versace Pour Homme.

Pete1105
Pete1105

One of the more fresh cologne I smelled. The citrus top notes make it a fresh citrus. On the downside, EVERYBODY uses this now that it's become famous and popular. But still very nice.

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

Very nice scent indeed, very fresh

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Clean and airy. This one is fresh and casual yet sexy. Cant smell the roses or fruits in it. To my nose this is a linear aquatic. Its very popular and you end up smelling it everywhere, but then, who is complaining :)

scenturian

After many years I still haven't understood why it is so popular and many people LOVE it.
What is interesting in it?
I've never liked it and never had it. Weak, simple and smells disgusting to me.

Cester
Cester

Really love this one! But I have never received any compliments from anyone even though I have been wearing this for about 6 months now. This is a fragrance that I would wear when I'm lazy to get the other ones.

Rav Pahud
Rav Pahud

smells good on my nose, very very good projection, great sillage, it lasts forever on my skin after hot day in the sun....BUT my girlfriend was very very turn off with the smell, she said it made her sinusities worst! ... this perfume is just too strong for my body chemistry....too bad am just gonna keep this as remembrance...lol

RobbieX
RobbieX

I find this very juicy fruity not particularly aqua. Like peaches and melons. It is nice, and a classic because of its popularity. It's fresh but only OK for me I'm afraid. I prefer soapy or oriental rather than fruity. Doesn't really float my boat.

lalosoto4
lalosoto4

This is other of my favorites, but is not longlasting to me... however smells really good and is special for summer

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Hmmmmmmmm watery notes & roses. I am not a fan of roses. After all they dont smell pleasant.. This stuff just does not set well with me. It has a smell that im not fond of. Yes the longevity is good. Yet the smell is something i can live without. The bottle is plain & ugly. No creativity there. I suppose it is 1 of the better scents from armani. Then again im not a fan of this house.

honeydays
honeydays

Definitely aquatic, strongly reminds me of water. I am a woman and I wore it myself to test. In spite of the generic-ness of it (really, really smells like water and nothing else), I found that I liked it. I felt like I would like to wear it on a cruise vacation. But not every day.

sofiii
sofiii

Acqua Di Gio may be one of the most popular/’best’ men’s perfume out there, but I can’t really see it fulfil the hype. Opinion from a girl here: to be honest, if there’s a man with small dose (less than a drop, say ¼ ml) of Acqua Di Gio, I would think, well, that’s a clean-smelling guy. With a slightly larger dose of it, I would try my best to not let him get anywhere close to me.
Acqua Di Gio doesn’t deliver the joy of wearing a scent, but instead, it’s trying its best to keep on and on and on telling people a messege ‘I am clean, because you can smell the aquatic notes, thus I must be really clean and you should love me’. (I don't get the clean/water = sexy/attractive concept in the perfume world)

If you normally wear ‘clean’ aquatic perfume, you might like this; however, if you are more an earthier/ darker/ mysterious scented guy, try before you follow the hype blind–buy this one.

Ok, the scent:
It starts really aquatic, clean, just like…smelling water with some nice synthetic chemicals which indicate the existence of the acqua. Since there are more and more aquatic men’s perfume out there, Acqua Di Gio’s opening is like one of the done-to-death copycats.

Soon after the aquatic phase, there’s some citrusy scent. I like nicely-done citrusy scent in a guy’s perfume, however, in this one, it just smell like an unharmony combination of acquatic and citrusy notes.

The dry down is like clean soap, and still with the significant aquatic note.
I like colognes like smelling (on a guy) 4711 Original Cologne, Dior Savauge, to name a few; Acqua Di Gio has the clean/aqua factor, and the cirtrusy/aromatic cologne factor, but to me, Acqua Di Gio just can’t even be easily inhaled.

sherry99
sherry99

I might sound weird cuz to many fans of this scent around but it is true, i don't like it. ::((((
Very very ordinary and EXTRA RATED.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Nothing special. Quite lemony and generic. Recall getting fed up within a month!

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

بوی خنک مدرن ته مایه شیرین یاداور بوی هندوانه
بوی دلنشین برای روزهای خیلی گرم
ماندگاری خوب
یکی از بهترینهای ارمانی

The smell of modern cool bottom reminiscent of the sweet smell of melon pleasant smell very hot days for durability well one of the best armani

seand7373
seand7373

I have never like this scent. It smells very synthetic (as all Armani's do). My wife bought me a bottle of this and I returned it the next day. Not to mention everybody and their brother wears this. Just way to unoriginal and boring.

faisal5384
faisal5384

One of the best perfume I have ever worn. It's very sensual and the best masculine perfume.it lasts for a very long time . .

goddessella
goddessella

i used to date a guy who wears this and the scent just makes me crazy! it's so clean and fresh and manly all at the same time!

Hawkgammon
Hawkgammon

I've been trying colognes for 30 years now and this is the best. It's light and clean smelling. It lasts all day at work and reactivates when I'm at the gym in the evening. Women like it. The critics of this scent argue that it's not manly or too popular. The manly scents have heavy elements like leather, suede & tobacco. Do you really want to smell like a smoker? Steak is very popular. Due you not eat it because everyone else likes it?

andrevarx
andrevarx

This EDT is becoming a classic, an indispensable tool for seduction and a must have it in the wardrobe of any man who claims to be elegant.

The opening notes are sparkling splashes of lemon without being acidic, then come the middle notes which are dominated by something difficult to define, let alone "as a bunch of flowers manly, smelling of fresh rain falling on a green field." There are woods but probably are so well mixed flowers in these elements are lost in a very pleasant.

This gives this EDT neatness, elegance, charm and subtle sophistication to the aroma. Has the enormous advantage of being a very recognizable scent, in addition to that well-rounded marketing, vast majority of women recognize this fragrance and automatically categorize the users of the fragrance to have the best taste in the world. (Slightly exaggerated in my opinion).

It is in almost permanent magnet women. In other respects it is also very suitable for office because it is very elegant, giving an impression of lidreazgo. Suitable for warm or temperate climates, avoiding use in times of rain, it can be confused with the ambient aroma. It lasts about nine hours on my skin.

Wow there are a lot of reviews for this. More buried reviews than many scents got actual reviews. I will choose my words carefully so as not to be redundant...

I was born in the 60s, schooled in the 70s, came of age during the 80s, and went on my own path and matured in the 90s...subsequently, my signature scents were PS Fine Cologne, Colors for men by Benetton, Drakkar Noir/Dynamik by Guy LaRouche, and finally Acqua di Gio. Now granted I did not know mush about fragrance other than Mom wore Chanel No5, and Dad wore Old Spice and English Leather...the above progression was one I'm sure many people follow or at least a very similar track because you don't know what you like until you find it, and these frags were EVERYWHERE. Now with a collection in the triple digits, yes there are other fragrances more complex, more original and much more expensive and less known yet AdG is a special fragrance to myself and apparently alot of others for reasons listed above and there are times when nothing else will do...

AdG from the notes in it seems like it should be a reeking jumble of rankness yet Alberto Morillas took all these essences blended and fine tuned them into a magnificent symphony of scent. The opening prelude is citric-aquatic yet hints at whats to come with a light blast of sweetness and incensed mossy woods. This prelude ends quickly as it returns to the citrus sections lead with a forte overture joined by the slightly peachy persimmon and backed by lilting neroli blossoms as the next phase gets stronger with sharp and watery herbs like rosemary and corriander. The floral section builds with nastutium, hyacinth and mignonette (the main floral in L'eau de Issey pH). These join in the same key but play a slightly diffent tune still in accord with the citrus and calone. As the top and heart sections return to the same page the deep basenotes begin to grow with amber, patchouli and moss forming the main theme as aromatic cedar and a very clean musk play on and remind one of cistus resins. This piece continues for quite some time changing slightly now and again yet remaining ever sweet, clean, fresh and oh so Mediterranean. This is not surprising since Giorgio (GIO to his friends) was inspired to this by summers at his Italian villa.
Yes, it is everywhere and on everyone and has been for a decade and a half, but it is for a reason...its a truly sublime creation that is clean (but not soapy), aquatic (but never watery) and masculine (despite many fruits and florals) and just sweet enough to entice yet never cloying or sickening (in moderation). I haven't worn it for a while because I smell it so much but this is what I reach for when I want a refined, clean complex fragrance. Its fans far outnumber its detractors so it never causes a STINK...and above all it is sexy while being neither femme or butch. A TRUE MASTERPIECE!!!

Sillage: Fantastic
Longevity: Above average
Overall: 5/5 Perfect

Just becuse you've heard Beethoven's 5th a million times and everyone knows it doesn't diminish its perfection or mean it should be tossed out in favor of the Beatles White Album...both are exquisite classics. 'Nuff said?!

raka
raka

Absolutely its one of the BESTS,summery for COOL very Cool, Masculine and Refreshing.With Long lasting. I Love it Iam Sure Such as it will be Staying For Ever.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Acqua Di Gio is phenomenal and very fascinating from topnotes to basenotes. ☼ It is great in its own creativity albeit overpriced ☼

The ambery basenotes started off with citrus punch is a great combination.

Sillage and longevity are moderate on my skin. Applying ADG liberally would definitely not offend anyone. ☺☻☺☻

Cheers ♪♫

rithacha
rithacha

Acqua di Gio is one of the few colognes that I strongly dislike. From the opening to the basenotes, Acqua offends me with its unrelenting sharpnesss. It just smells so unnatural and chilly. With chilly scents, there is a fine line between refreshing and aloof. Acqua smells more like the latter.

The opening is composed of a spicy lime, which becomes a patchouli monster swimming in seawater. The abrasive spices coupled with the synthetic citruses reminds me of hospital antiseptics. Definitely not an attractive scent. Sorry, guys.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It is really, amazingly nice, but it's GA. If I close my eyes and smell this, i think of every 40-50 year old guy in a suit, Thats it.
I guess my opinion has changed since I've been testing perfumes at shops every afternoon and have learnt that the quality of ADG is very good for a mainstreeam fragrance.
It's the most popular fragrance on the market (or maybe Chanel 5, i think) I see why its so popular, and I agree with its popularity, I would grab it form the chemist for about $80-90 if I wasnt too worried it would be fake due to that popularity.
So putting aside the truly amazing and intoxicatingly masculine aroma of Acqua Di Gio, it's too popular. It simply doesnt have the same impressive superiority it deserves because it feels like it's mass marketed for profit and over used.

Awesome smell overused.

Pavel
Pavel

I can not see why this one is such a big hit among the crowd.
It's fresh and it's ok. Simply and quite linear. Also the note of coriander too strong. All I can smell is coriander + some flowers that are not notable if I did not take a deep sniff.
It's a safe buy if you want to smell just like another 9 males from a total of 10.

Quote:
"Ask any girl what their fav fragrance for a guy is and there is a 95% chance she will say Acqua Di Gio"

There you have it! This is no masterpiece, not at all! It so damn popular - and I think that is because of the brand: GA - therefore the girls only like this frangrance because it's the only one they know.
"Ask any girl....she wil say Acqua di Gio" The rest of 5% I think it's occupied by Code also by GA. Strange!? Yeah I know.

Venom
Venom

Perfection in a bottle. Clean and crisp and simply amazing to attract the girls. Made for summer and spring and will always get you a compliment or two. It's not over powering but stands out. Doesn't last as long as I would like but that's why I keep one at home and in car.

behzad1280
behzad1280

I have a 200ml bottle and also body spray of Aqua Di GIO. I like to get a shower with it!

It last just about 2 or extremely 3 hours on my skin, but it’s nice enough.

One of popular and nice summer colognes for men that everybody like.
I like it too ☺

من شیشه 200میلی لیتری و بادی اسپری این عطر رو دارم و دوش گرفتن با این عطر توی روزهای گرم تابستون واقعاً برام لذتبخشه
روی پوست من تنها دو ساعت دوام میاره اما به اندازه کافی دوست داشتنی هست
هر چند خیلی رایجه و خیلی ها از اون استفاده میکنن، اما باز هم به نظر من در کنار دیویدوف کول واتر میتونه یک انتخاب کلاسیک برای روزهای تابستون باشه

crestfallen
crestfallen

Acqua Di Gio is one of the best fragrances ever made. The ONLY reason it catches hate from ppl is because of its insane popularity. Hell, I've discriminated against it before for the same reason. It really is a nice refreshing fragrance that the girls LOVE. Ask any girl what their fav fragrance for a guy is and there is a 95% chance she will say Acqua Di Gio. I had this one. I went to a club one night and smelled this on 5 different guys that night. I decided to be exclusive and I stopped wearing it.

Also the longevity really sucks on my skin, maybe 3 hrs at most but then again most colognes don't last as long on me

lbcdpgc2

You either love it or hate it. It's a polarizing cologne. In basketball, there is Michael Jordan. In hockey, there is Wayne Gretzky. In baseball, there is Babe Ruth. In football, there is Joe Montana. And in male fragrance, there is Acqua di Gio. It's very popular because the ladies love it and plus it smells great. If you have never used colognes before, this cologne must be your first purchase because you won't be disappointed.

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

14 years afters it's release, it's still the most popular cologne and I can see why. This is probably the best aquatic out there. It's light and citrus with a hint of white musk in the background. Ideal to be worn during summer or out on a date when you want your gf to come closer to you and have a sniff of this wonderful creation. Very safe to wear and the only drawback is it's popularity. If you want to be more original and want it more salty/oceanic, try Bvlgari Aqua.

Lance
Lance

The very first fragrance that I owned.

When I received it from a friend, I was stunned, I was thinking this is the best scent I've ever smelt in my life, even til now...
One of the best things exist.

It's too popular now, but for a reason: It's a legend!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Well, I like it but I do't love it. Wildly popular, maybe that's the problem for me! In a nutshell, would I buy it, no. Would I be happy to receive it as a gift, yes. I much prefer the Acqua for women.

Veedabestchef

i have this 4 years ago..but i ran out...i would buy again...too popular around here...3 of my friends wearing it...smells really good

erjotka1
erjotka1

I don't understand the interest of this scent. For me there are plenty of similar smells. At the beginning you cannot smell it. After 20 minutes it's boring and later... I do not want to be impolite.

mado17
mado17

Fresh? yes...too much worn allover the world..believe it is ordinary fragrance, very much overrated.

bronstein
bronstein

Very modern about ten years ago, yet in no way dated nowadays. This fragrance suits everyone: Tall and small, old and young. I can't imagine anyone ever to complain about his one. Perhaps the term "lovely" describes it best.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Reviews here have mentioned everything important about Aqua di Gio. And probably everyone reading this have sometimes in their lives smelled Aqua.

I must add something. Since childhood I followed Star Trek and was captured by thought of teleportation through time and place. Jean Luc Piccard would place his arm on speaker phone on his chest and gave the command to the ship to make teleportation.

Whenever I smell male neck, or sense the present of this perfume just passing by I am teleported… to high school, to holidays, to dinners, to meetings, to friends I lost, to…

Mighty thing, perfume and memories.

dm8m
dm8m

I love this scent very much that I even have a spare bottle with me. I've been using it since 2001. I've also received much compliment from women of different ages with this scent. Acqua di gio has a very fresh & clean scent. Needless to say this started it all for the armani line of fragrances.

Junelady
Junelady

My knees go weak when I smell this on a man - I love it!

Brando
Brando

I smelled this fragrance one time and loved it. I bought it and hated it and gave it away. Gives me a headache and smells too strong. Would not wear it again.

MattAyJay
MattAyJay

Had a refreshing blast of citrus top notes, unfortunately it didn't really last long on my skin. Dissipates into nothingness within a few hours so it's not suitable for me.

alice arg
alice arg

"Inspirado por la belleza de Pantellerie, donde pasó sus vacaciones, Armani creó el aroma de Aqua di Gio para los hombres y mujeres. La fragancia para el hombre es un aroma de libertad, lleno de viento y agua. La composición está construida de una perfecta armonía de las notas dulces y saladas de agua de mar y los matices de calor de sol en su piel. Aqua di Gio está lleno de quemaduras de sol del Mediterráneo. De cítricos amargo con matices aromáticos de romero se entrelaza con salado, matices del mar y hediona pelúcida. Notas agudas de las especias son suavizados por la base de madera con pista caliente, almizclado."

robert vladimir
robert vladimir

This is one of the most memorable perfumes ever made. i understand men find this too ubiquitous already, but women still love this on their men.

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

There is little doubt that history will show Acqua Di Gio to be one of the most memorable aquatics of all time. I love this fragrance. So fresh, so many compliments, so many memories.
Perfect for a hot summers day just hanging at the beach.
Perfect for a hot summers night just chilling at the bar.

andy

victim of it's own success and virtually a household name but still has that nice smell and women seem to love it

i personally prefer l eau d issey its what this was made to smell like and its MUCH more intresting

aqua di gio has a nice musky woodsy aquatic drydown with a very aromatic and semi sweet complex drydown, and its a good all round scent but so many people wear it and there are MUCH better scents for MUCH less like bellagio, daniel banks life, and creation lamis has a version of this thats actually better smelling and like 10 for a 3.4 ounce bottle

omega_69
omega_69

This scent is way overused and too popular, but there's a reason. It's a decent scent. Not phenomenal, but decent. And it's a perfectly innocuous scent for business wear as well, which is why I have it. I will say that this is one weekday cologne I routinely wear that draws positive attention from the women throughout the course of my day. Although it's not my favorite cologne, others seem to like it when they're close enough to smell it.

silent_statue
silent_statue

I have a male friend wear this perfume, the smell is very nice and it is very long lasting too, i wonder that how nice if my bf can also wear this perfume (but he doesn't like perfume at all...)
I want to say that, I just can't help falling in love with the smell.... especially men wear it! I just like to smell it.... so nice...

ScentMode
ScentMode

It's interesting reading people's impressions of this scent now that I have recently re-smelled it after a gap of about 4 years. The reason is that I strongly suspect it has been ever so slightly altered. When it first came out in the mid 90's I remember distinctly the first time I smelled it in Cannes and I was immediately enchanted by its salty quality and its extremely long lasting "sillage" that literally lasted all day and evening. I bought it for my dad and it was an instant hit because there was something unusual and captivating behind the seemingly familiar ozone notes of that period. It was delicious.
However when I went to try it again this weekend , I was bitterly disappointed to find that all of its striking saltiness and the sparkling citrus notes had been worn away and it lasted all of 10 minutes- it was as if the prickly edges had been smoothed off to leave behind a very non-descript watered down version. To me Acqua di Gio is like a shadow of its former self and therefore I am now not surprised by people's indifference to it. It's a shame because had you smelled it in its earlier days I am sure it would have left more of a mark in your olfactory memory bank.
Maybe I am wrong but I am starting to suspect that the more mass market perfumes I revisit lately, the more I realise their character is diluted. For what? To please a younger or more modern audience? It doesn't make sense no matter what the reason.

gianmarco
gianmarco

this is my worst cologne to smell. its nothing special and overworn by people. i own about 24 bottles of cologne and this one just doesnt ever make it in my collection.

RouenFr
RouenFr

This scent is great. It is a light scent but I like that. I find that guy fragrances can be very strong and this isn't one of them.

tsofa
tsofa

Oh, how much I loved this fragrance! But I broke my 100ml bottle by accident. I'm still crying for it..

sanhan
sanhan

I love this one but it seems that insects love it too... During a noon out-side walking, I was attached by a kind of tiny insects on my wrist...

Actually I wore a long sleeve shirt at the time.

So I just advice not to use this one in wild.

flem
flem

Fresh, sweet, and exciting. I can actually spot the scent instantly when I smell it.

Its a show stopper of a scent to me. Its hyped for a reason, in my opinion.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Oh yes its fresh and nice .Much citrus,much melon and a litte spices in the bottom. An almost feminine menswear. I dont find it ineresting at all,unexiting and rather "young".

hotaru

my hubby's signature fragarance!
it's fresh and ..fresh LOL
sumtimes i wear it too in my boyish mood, but it ends in a different way on me.so yeah, it ends better on him

andy

its a great scent for all occasions but its overplayed and the ocean breeze marine scents are out of fashion

cassio
cassio

Good scent for warm days, but it coud be better.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

Smell so good on others, and i love it...Unfortunatelly, when it's on me, after a while something annoyed me.. erm..

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I am normally a fan of strong, oriental perfumes, but this one is, for some reason, top of my list. As a girl, it literally makes me go weak at the knees to smell it on a man. One of my ex-boyfriend wore it on our first date and that clinched the deal for me. But unfortunately, it does not suit my new man, the fragrance is not that great on him and disappears quickly.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

man im so sick of this,simply because anybody that just started wearing cologne ask me about this,GET IN THE GAME ALREADY! way overrated, so much so i wear it with jerseys now.lol

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I see that people either love this or hate this...which is strange because I always thought it smelled WONDERFUL on my husband (boyfriend at the time).

On him, I get citrus, spice, a woodsy note, musk, and even an acquatic note (which I suppose keeps it from being too heavy). Mixed with my husband's skin chemistry, I actually thought it smelled quite sexy. I couldn't stop sniffing him.I could not detect many flowers (if any) whenever he wore it, but I'm glad. I don't doubt that they helped to enhance its charming aroma, though. Perhaps they kept the fragrance from turning into a bitter or sour citrus bomb. Unfortunately, it only lasts for about 4 hours on his skin (when he's out in the sun). Perfect for any weather, IMHO. From beginning to end its fantastic on the right person.

scenturian

DISCLAIMER: The following review is my personal opinion and it is not offensive and against likers of this scent!

Absolutely disaster, horrendous.
It makes me gag.
I cant understand how such a scent can be best seller of all time.
Please don't wear it 2public and office. PLEASE.

ScottyVizz

This scent blew me away when I first got my hands on a sample...as for now...it's an okay aquatic scent. The drydown is a little too sour for my liking. Also, EVERYONE WEARS IT!

toysoldier89
toysoldier89

ANOTHER TOP FAVORITE! I always treat myself to this cologne on my birthday or special & big events! it last forever! its so fresh! SERIOUSLY wouldn't go without!

silverin
silverin

My husband doesn't like to wear complicated scents. This is one of his favorites.

With his body chemistry, the citrus, spices, and woods are strong on him, and I can smell a hint of my favorite hyacinth.

It's not terribly expensive. He likes it. I like it. It's a summery scent (good for here in Florida all year round). What's not to like?

vdxl
vdxl

A lemon-jasmine-patchouli scent which I do not find special, especially because of the fact that is extremely commmon. Everyone buys it, even if it is for them or not. It is fresh, I tried to like it just like that, but the patchouli note combined with citrus smells like cheap soap on my skin.

Frank20190
Frank20190

Great for Maritime Charting environment. Smooth smelling but flies under the radar. Can be worn in masculine environment that is homophobic. Subtle chick magnet. Fresh scent when a shower is not available. Never offensive. Is a good cover scent.

kugkng
kugkng

I don't know why I always wearing mostly male scent...because it might suit me wll or I prefer something feel differences but all any reason that would be I like it a lot especially A- Gio it so light and fresh no bothering all-time wearing this in my summertime...:p

noddoc
noddoc

fantastic the freshest adn cleanest fragrance, very long lasting

lbcdpgc2

In my opinion, the best smelling cologne ever. It's very popular. I think every man has one. It's fresh, clean, and long lasting.

urobian
urobian

mm,. i always think this is an overrated fragance, to 90s ADG was a new vibe with the aquatic-fruity base, but in our present.. you have many options to choose what to wear.

nice, simple and light fragance..thats all.

valdano
valdano

This is a light fragrance, either Fresh nor delicious...

You named it then!

This is one of my fave fragrance that makes me got many compliment by wearing it!

periquito89
periquito89

A woman colleague of mine used to get some flowers from her boyfriend and let them in the room for a while. The smell that used to stay in that room reminds me a little about Acqua di Gio. Not a good thing at all ":-).

Some flowery note (maybe rose), a bit feminine to me, which I just don't like.

Fresh and long lasting indeed.

ken.z008
ken.z008

it has become claasic since I started wearing this when I was 14 years old...now Im 24 and I dont wear it anymore..ill pass by and it brings back the memories on how people sniffed me in the class.

michellehii
michellehii

This is definitely amazing and masculine scent!Very aquatic and very fresh. I will rate it as BEST MEN PERFUME.
I really love this scent alot on men. Sorry I have to disagree about the not-long-lasting point because I think it is really long lasting, even after washing the the cloth, I can still smell the scent on shirt.

Stefan
Stefan

I don't know what's so special about it. I mean yea it smells nice, it's fresh, but it doesn't last long. For someone reason, probably based on how commercialized it is, women ask for it and claim it drives them crazy. If you ask me it's because everyone wears it and you know when you smell it. Trendy people, I should sell mine. A lighter version of this is Eternity Summer 2009

Russian
Russian

I have to agree,that's the best aquatic fragrance for men.The bad thing is that almost every man likes and wears it.

readyken
readyken

this is my most favourite in aquatic scent.
It smells so much fresh and clear.Up till now,I still see no one be allergic to this great friendly sinlage. So good choice.

andy

OK first of all for anyone who wants cologne and thinks this is the way to go...... go to pacsun and get Kirra, Vurt, Vurt black, abercrombie and fitch fierce, phat farm premium

they are more for ACTIVE lifestyles and a bit sexier

andy

This stuff is OK but it is another one of the subtle fresh citrus woodsy ocean scents worn by virtually all of the college and adult crowd.

Despite this it does smell good and armani has the best fragrances but they become PLAYED OUT cuz all these guys overdo them

Rockdj
Rockdj

crisp, fresh and aquatic my type of fragrance. one of my favourites great dry down, great notes just symple one of the most famous fragrances for men on the market!

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This by far is the most sexiest cologne for a man i have ever smelt.It smells so clean and fresh you just can't get enough of it! I got this for my boyfriend for christmas He loved it!

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

fresh smell but every semi-sophisticate from age 15-30 is wearing this. i abandoned it when i smelled it on three or four chaps in the dingiest dive bar ive ever been to.

there are plenty of other fresh scents that offer similiar tones but will at least pop and provide some uniqueness. worth the sacrifice to stray from this aqua to stand out.

acc
acc

a very good choice for spring and summer. you can feel the sea notes and that refreshes you immediately. very classy, comfortable, refreshing, easy to wear and long lasting.

elaida_00
elaida_00

this is a clasic men perfume, fresh clean and in my opinion u can use it as unisex( i have tried it many times) nicee

manutdforever
manutdforever

A very fresh and clear scent. One of the best aquatics out there, and this one really reminds you of the ocean and seaside breeze. Sure to get a few compliments if you wear it too. A very safe bet for almost any occasion. But because of that, it's become very common out on the streets, in the offices, etc. Lasts very long on the skin. Will continue to be one of the favourites of a lot of people! :)

guillermostf
guillermostf

I desagree with Vincent, I think this parfume is really fresh, very acquatique and it's hard to find a good imitation of this sent.

vincent
vincent

I can understand perfectly all the ones who can't stand this fragrance and I can't see while is still is such a magnet for females. Unlike most of the Armani scents, most of them being innovative and spectacular just like their creator's unique personality, this definetly reeks like cheap supermarket aftershave.

bugsy_b
bugsy_b

OMG, this perfume is soooo sexy..
I bought this perfume as a birthday present for my fiance and he likes it so much!!
This scent always turns me on.
And i bet u know what happens next whenever he puts on this perfume..
Hohohohoho...

ariel2clio
ariel2clio

Sorry Folks for 1996 it was the best perfume for most of men and womens! Armani knows he made a great jump in the world history of perfumes!!!Chapeau!!

dandy721
dandy721

Mr Armani made a fortune with this one is still one of the best selling parfume, for me is not bad but nothing special

ticalau
ticalau

No to special... just a fresh fragrance, and not 2 powerful! At his time was indeed somethig great... but now... nothing special ;)

LCadorniga
LCadorniga

My favorrrrrite scent for a man. Whenever I catch this on ANY man something in my brain goes *click*. :)

dgoosenberg
dgoosenberg

Smells absolutely amazing. A heavier smelling light scent. The only problem is that everybody is wearing it! Keep looking if you want to stand out.

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

Acqua di Gio is definitely an original. Light and airy and reminds me of ocean breezes. Very nice masculine scent. As mentioned before, you can't go wrong with this one.

Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani 3.97 out of 5 based on 3891 ratings and 552 user reviews

Deodorant
24.99 GBP
Giorgio Armani Luxury Fragrance Collection Eau de Toilette Gift Set
Giorgio Armani Luxury Fragrance Collection Eau de Toilette Gift Set
Deodorant 4.5oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme Deodorant Body Spray Deodorant Body Spray 4.5 oz
Deodorant 3.4oz
ACQUA DI GIO for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau de Toilette for Men, 1 fl oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau de Toilette for Men, 1 fl oz
Gift Set
GIORGIO ARMANI VARIETY for MEN by Giorgio Armani SET-5 PIECE MENS VARIETY WITH ARMANI CODE ARMANI ACQUA DI GIO ATTITUDE EMPORIO ARMANI DIAMONDS AND ALL ARE EDT MINIS
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Aftershave 3.4oz
Acqua Di Gio After Shave Balm by Giorgio Armani, 3.4 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Aftershave 3.3oz
Acqua Di Gio After Shave by Giorgio Armani, 3.3 oz After Shave for Men
Acqua Di Gio After Shave by Giorgio Armani, 3.3 oz After Shave for Men
Acqua Di Gio Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Blue Edition 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza Eau De Parfum Spray 40ml 1.35oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza Eau De Parfum Spray 40ml 1.35oz
Acqua Di Gio
Acqua Di Gio Blue Edition Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition for Men
Acqua Di Gio Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Acqua Di Gio Eau de Toilette Spray, 6.7 fl oz
NORDSTROM.com
NORDSTROM.com
Eau De Toilette
Giorgio Armani 'Aqua for Life - Acqua di Gi ' pour Homme Eau de Toilette Limited Edition One Size
Giorgio Armani Acqua for Life 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua for Life 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza Eau De Parfum Spray 180ml 6.08oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza Eau De Parfum Spray 180ml 6.08oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.