Designers » F-H » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men

Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

This spring the house of Giorgio Armani adds another edition for men named Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme to their collection Acqua di Gio. The fragrance is available in limited number in a flacon with an image which depicts the sea and horizon.

With the fragrance Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme, Giorgio Armani invites us for an olfactive journey on the Mediterranean along with characteristic notes combining the natural freshness of Calabrian bergamot, jasmine flowers and Indonesian patchouli. The fragrance reminds us irresistibly of fragrant breezes from the sea, complemented with fruit, flowers and aquatic notes. The fragrance is available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette limited edition presented in 2014.

The collection of Acqua di Gio editions for men was initiated with the first fragrance Acqua di Gio Pour Homme from 1996, after which editions Acqua di Gio Acqua for Life and Acqua di Gio Essenza were launched.

Calabrian bergamot Water Notes Jasmine Patchouli Mandarin Orange Neroli Persimmon Rosemary Nasturcia Amber Labdanum

Acqua di Gio Essenza
Acqua di Gio

Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Demetris37
Demetris37

This is the 3rd Acqua Di Gio released in 2014. Limited edition. It smells much much LIGHTER than all others. Very discreet . Sillage is small and that's the reason I gave it away. Opens with a sea breeze on top note followed by jasmin and persimon. It's a really nice aroma but very weak for me that's the only reason I gave it away . It cost me about 90 euros for 100ml. In my opinion it is the best of all 4 Acqua Di Gio out there but Morillas should have made it stronger. It's like you travel in a boat and you get this sea breeze on your face from the wind. So simple. Works perfect for the office cause it is discreet or if you go out on a cafe next to the beach. Perfect for Summer/Spring. I give it 9/10.

dda
dda

Can anyone who have tried this and the others in the line, please explain whether or not it is significantly different from the original &/or Essenza?

jim chatzis
jim chatzis

just perfect!! much better than original ADG... fresher , sexier!!! real gold!!!

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

A blast from the past that remains a classic fragrance...

I was intrigued by the "new" Acqua di Gio fragrance, but like many before me, I agree the Blue Edition is similar to the classic scent from the mid-90s... That fragrance, the original AdG, is a successful blend aquatic, citrus, and floral notes that smells great. I was reminded this morning of how much I loved (and still love) AdG.

Blue has average, or perhaps better than average, projection/sillage and longevity. Blue lasted around 8 hours on me today with a projection of about arm's length distance. A good projection fragrance and one that will not be offensive to those in the workplace with more sensitive noses. The real beauty of wearing the fragrance today brought back a certain "swagger" from wearing the cologne years ago -I felt great and confident...

Given the notes of Blue, it is geared more for Spring and Summer wear, but I had no problem "rockin" it today on a sunny, but crisp, South Carolina winter day. Blue offers additional flexibility in that it could be worn day or night and for most events. While in my mid-40s, I can still wear this fragrance with confidence, but I see this as a scent geared for the younger crowd. (I have to smile at the fact this fragrance has been around since 1996 - maybe before some wearing it were born..)

The bottle and packaging are first class Armani style. Even though I still have a bottle of original AdG from many years ago, I have enjoyed my purchase of Blue - I really like the design of the bottle... Blue is priced in the "average" range of designer fragrances, but less than aquatic/citrus based niche fragrances. That said, for the money, Blue is a great deal, a classic fragrance, and in a well designed bottle. There are plenty of "haters" or "naysayers" out there regarding AdG Blue, but given this fragrance brought back a "swagger" from years ago, I highly recommend adding to your collection. My final tally of Acqua di Gio Blue Edition is 4.3 stars out of 5. Should I receive compliments on the fragrance, the score will be revised more positively.

Enjoy your day and make it count...

alabangcute
alabangcute

Personally, ADG Essenza is more long lasting and its difference from the classic ADG more pronounced. It's just the bottle that is different. The same scent.

EddieGravity
EddieGravity

When I sprayed this on my arm, I initally thought that it smelled exactly like regular ADG. I honestly see no difference. It might be slightly smoother though...

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I seen this on display in Boots and took a sniff not expecting anything spectacular and well WOW!

I was never a fan of the original Acqua Di Gio as it was a scent that was around when I was in my teens and everyone seemed to wear it, so I didnt appreciate it.

After initally smelling it again (Almost 15 years later) I appreciate it is now a classic and surprisingly isnt a fragrance you smell around these days.

Back to Blue... WOW! this is beautiful! At first sniff I was kinda meh, aquatic, summery and then 5 minutes later and for some strange reason I get coconut! It's not listed but it's definately there, or something is making it smell that way?

This is really somethign special, reminds me of the beach, the sea air, a fresh shower and coconut!! (I love coconut when it's done right lol)

I'm almost tempted to buy a bottle, as the sales lady said that it is very limited and wont hang around.

2 coconutty thumbs up :)

Henry_Flores
Henry_Flores

I had a chance to smell this version of Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men. Honestly I wasn't impressed.
I would definitly purchase Essenza because it is a EDP.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Here's my theory on this one....

Armani poured 3/4 of the original and 1/4 of Essenza and called it "Blue Edition."

$80 for 99% of the same stuff you have always smelled in the AdG line.....

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Smelled this one today. Actually I tested it and then sprayed Acqua di Gio Essenza (I am considering buying it for this summer). At first, they smelled differently and I believe that this one has smells a little more like the original.

I liked both of them and since it's a limited edition it would be good to collect it :)

m1156943

Smelled it at sephora, same background of original but it's definitely different, fresher.

m1156943

Does anyone have any solid info on this particular edition?

@Dirk

ty for your information, it is so useful, so nothing is new here and for me it isnt worth to buy just bec the bottle is new, i throw bottles after it finishes :)

@Gokhan
yes my perfumestore included the story of this scent.
here is a part of it:

"Acqua di Gio is a tribute to Armani's beloved island of Pantelleria in Southern Italy. Giorgio took his inspiration from the mystery of Mother Nature. The purpose of Acqua di Gio was making that went beyond trends, a classic fragrance Armani therefore even this Limited Edition not changed the fragrance. The fragrance has been named after its creator. Gio is an abbreviation of Giorgio Armani and thus indirectly means 'me' "

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

The original version was the best and can no longer be bought which is very sad to me.

Gokhanburak53

how do you say that Dirk, do you have any source

areyouin729
areyouin729

it's a new cologne from what I understand

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

Very minimalist, this won't have much development but may be an enjoyable wear regardless if the blending is done with precision and class. Excited, but also realize that the market is getting tremendously over-saturated.

antonpan
antonpan

Guys, that's just a new bottle for summer.

Ahmadoenn.Van.doull
Ahmadoenn.Van.doull

Actually, Armani always the best in Acqua notes.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I hadn't seen this coming...

Dirk

This is just the original in another bottle!
;-)

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Buy it just for that bottle!...nice! :D

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Gio Blue Edition Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.