Designers » F-H » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Acqua di Gio Essenza Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

I have it: 574 I had it: 103 I want it: 497 My signature: 23

Acqua di Gio Essenza Giorgio Armani for men Videos
Acqua di Gio Essenza Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Essenza Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Essenza Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Men's fragrance Acqua di Gio was launched in 1996 and achieved great success since then. Armani announced the release of the new version - Acqua di Gio Essenza, concentrated as Eau de Parfum.

The new scent is supposedly a timeless and intense reinterpretation of the original. Described as intensely carnal and sensual, Acqua di Gio Essenza is less focused on marine and more on woody and ambery accords. The creator of the perfume is once again Alberto Morillas.

The composition begins with luminous tones of cascalone molecule, which captures the olfactory experience of cold and fresh water, sparkling citrusy bergamot and grapefruit. The heart bares floral and aromatic accords of jasmine, basil and sage, as well as explosive floral paradisone molecule, while the base combines notes of patchouli, cedar, vetiver, ambrox, ambergris, pepper and clary sage.

The fragrance is available as 40, 75 and 170 ml Eau de Parfum. Acqua di Gio Essenza was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Grapefruit Water Notes Calone

Eternity Aqua for Men

Acqua di Gio Essenza Fragrance Reviews

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

middle notes nya mirip sabun lifeboy batangan putih tahun 90an... sangat cocok di gunakan saat musim panas di segala situasi.

ET76
ET76

Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. Nice citrusy note but some rotten smell I hear all the time. That smell was not strong but it ruined everything. Honestly, I was getting this strange smell from the original ADG also. But since this is EDP it just got worse.
The bottle is nice though, I like it's minimalistic design. The cap is magnet type same as Chanel Bleu.

rzk
rzk

eau de PARFUM it's great! worth the money!

Dad jax
Dad jax

Bought it few days ago from Turkish Duty free, Kinda blind buy..But NOW I MUST SAY THIS IS THE SECOND BEST BLIND BUY FROM ME AFTER LA NUIT LE PARFUME..THIS IS WAY TO MATURE,CLASSIC,ELEGANT,RICH,SEXIER AND LONG LASTING THEN THE ORIGINAL EDT.
.THIS WILL BE IN MY COLLECTION ALL MY LIFE I GUESS...
The notes are very nicely blended keeping an upper class guy in mind..

Longevity: 8 hrs

Projection: 2 hrs with scent trail, then a bit close to skin but you will get noticed..In heat it will project more..

Scent :Very classy

I GIVE IT 8/10..
Winner

THE ORIGINAL SUCKS AND SMELLS LIKE EGG PLUS MELONS IN DRY DOWN ...

camposg
camposg

This stuff is so beautiful. Blended to perfection. Does not resemble the original at all to my nose. Only thing is it smells sophisticated so dressing bummy or thinking your wearing this to go by milk at the grocers is out of the question. This is def. daytime work if you work wearing a suit not construction! daytime date. really lite if your wearing for school because it performs well. I would say mid-twenties and up. I def. recommend

blake123
blake123

Where do i start? This is always going to be in my lineup. It's literally defined by me as the "perfect cologne".. I don't exactly know what it is but i really do consider this to be the best frag iv'e ever owned. It has this marine type feel but with a spicy/powdery vibe that blends perfectly. It lasts all day, and gets me the most compliments. It's amazing how much emotion and nostalgia a scent can bring out of a person. This one brings me to a happy place every time.
Also, "Roadster" by Cartier, Shares SOME similarities with this one. They are very different but i do pick up some minor alike aspects. (vetiver?)

Mohwaili
Mohwaili

Amazing fragrance. I really love it.

Manny44

Perfectedly blended. I wrote down below that I didnt think this had much pepper in it, but its definitely there. Not sure why i didnt pick it up earlier. Projects very well, got two compliments today alone. Bold and masculine.
Surprisingly sophisticated.

Update: The compliments are non-stop, especially from other men wanting to know what it is so they can buy it for themselves. The name confuses them so I tell to just remember Armani / Essenza. Who knows if they can process and remember even that much. This one could be on the way to the same fate as the original ADG, over-exposure. Armani sure knows how please the masses don't they.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Very much like AdG except it seems to last somewhat longer on my skin. I'd have to do a direct comparison... they smell pretty much the same. Maybe this one has a tad more spice notes?

I think I prefer this to the original - but that's not saying a lot. I'd probably never buy a bottle of either.

DSun
DSun

Hats off to Alberto Morillas for implicitly admitting that, indeed, Acqua di Gio had room for improvement. He could have just run off with its phenomenal success and never look back, but he didn't. Instead, he compounded it with another rarity: a flanker better than the original.

I dropped the original Acqua di Gio ages ago when Paris Hilton came up with Just Me. For me, that was the last straw--ADG had been cheapened and slapsticked to death. However, hard as I looked for a better substitute in the same genre, only Perry Ellis 360 Red could hold a candle to ADG. (Oddly enough, Just Me and PE360R were made by the same nose.)

And then ADG Essenza came along.

I bought the biggest bottle.

jacek.drewnowski
jacek.drewnowski

I used to use the original AdG back in the 90s, loved it and was getting a lot of compliments. Now I'm well into my 30s and I must say I like this one better. I wonder what would I have preferred if there was Essenza when I was younger? Anyway, great, great frag. Won't get bored with it for a long, long time. I'm glad I took the biggest bottle available. And although I have some smaller bottles of frags that I like, I'm going to take this big and heavy not-fitting-my-toilet-bag 180 ml behemmoth for summer holidays.

Comparing with the original, it is in fact more spicy and the cucumber note (which at the time I loved) is inexistent. It also seems to have weaker sillage, which is a surprise for me.

Waleed Khalid
Waleed Khalid

All I had to say is that I walked by a lady who said who is wearing this? I do not like the smell.

nugrahartowinsu

i dont like the formula of this perfume..
i think, for aquatic main accors, bvlgari aqva is the winner

nugrahartowinsu

i dont like the formula of this perfume..
i think, for aquatic main accors, bvlgari aqva is the winner

sf2explus
sf2explus

rubbish stick to the original adg its best seller for a reason this one smells a little harsh

periquito89
periquito89

Well, If I want a variation of the famous Aqua di Gio I´m gonna have to look somewhere. Aqua di Gio smells great, and the first time I smelled it felt expensive (yes, that was my impression). But rose kinda ruins it to me. Essenza manage do take that feeling out and became a more bold scent, less aquatic, and less interesting too. But the worst is that there is a strange thing here that must be the "eggy" smell some reviews have noted. Well, other houses have better scents that resembles Aqua di Gio, if that's what you want; inside the Armani House, Aqua di Gio is still the better variation of Aqua di Gio.

P.S. Try to take a look at Essenza di Zegna. It's bold like Aqua di Gio Essenza, it's not Aqua Di Gio, and has more balance.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

What to say? On me, AdGE begins with citrus and acquatic notes, with the grapefruit seeming to be the strongest of the citrus notes. The heart of the fragrance is flowers and herbs, jasmine, basil, and some soapy note or something a little out of place almost. I didn't have a big enough sample to get a handle on it, but there was something unusual in the heart of this fragrance that kind of wafted in and out at certain times. At the end of the day Essenza closes with some sage, cedar, patchouli and vetiver.

It's nice enough. I don't remember AdG enough to name the similarities and differences, but I do know this is kind of standard fare for citruses of the day. This reminds me of Ferragamo's Acqua Essenziale. They might not smell exactly the same, but in terms of quality, they're pretty similar. AdGE has better longevity, however. Anyway, AdGE would probably go well on your shelf if you're in need of a citrus/acquatic or a good summer fragrance.

anna.dkr5

Which do you think is safer, the original one, or this one? Considering the "Murky-fishy" smell this one allegedly has...

stanky
stanky

This is very very nice!! Lovely scent for special occasions like weddings and dinners! Aquatic and reminds me of a diluted Bvlgari Aqua! It's scent players will love.lol It reminds me of how womanizers smell like.

waleed2006
waleed2006

Very nice

Gianapoliz
Gianapoliz

This is class!!! Before i bought my bottle i had sprayed myself with the tester in the shop, two hours later i was at a clothing store, when i came out of the fitting room a lady that works there was standing outside and said to me "i just want to tell you one thing, YOU SMELL FREAKING AWESOME!!!" I kid you not this is a true story! This is trully an unbelievable fragrance! Sprayed myself with 3 spritz round about 10 to 11am, it's 8pm and it's still here!!! WOW!!!

Ricardo the Great
Ricardo the Great

Not going to get real technical here. This is most definitely a fragrance for the young (late teens to early/mid 20s). If you're 40 and over, find something more suitable. I'll leave it at that.

Gokhanburak53

I'm so irresolute to buy or not. aryo says right, there is an eggy smell caused by the aquatic notes, probably the seaweed like in the bvlgari aqva marine, but there is something really charming in this fragrance, it smells warm and reminds me of summer, makes me happy

aryo

Finish my bottle and i dont think gonna buy it again.. smell like egg with a nice touch of smooth n exclusive kind of citrus (not real citrus) but elegant citrus.. the egh effect like a marine notes.. but really too heavy for me.. although i really love "the citrus" smell..

If u want to know this smell like.. u can test it at a parfume shop.. or u can try REXONA deo spray lotus f1 team..
Its similar... and less on "egg" efect also cheap.. hahahah..

anna.dkr5

Thanks for your reply, @Manny.

Manny44

I don't find this very peppery at all Anna. Surprised to see the pepper note with so many up-votes.

anna.dkr5

Is the black pepper accord really strong? I'm thinking of D&G Light Blue for men, and that's too peppery for me. I wonder if these scents are similar. Can anyone give me any feedback on this? Thank you.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This fragrance is absolutely delicious (EDP). The initial spray is fresh and citrusy and I love it. It smells like pure summer to me. IMO it can be worn both in the daytime and night time. I am so glad I bought this fragrance because it makes me very happy.

valantis
valantis

This is the mature version of the original aqua di gio.
Also i don't smell any blood here,but that blood effect i smelled to VERSACE - THE DREAMER.

Ayl
Ayl

عطر ارزونی نیست . ماهه . قیمتش درسته که یه کم بالاست ولی ارزششو داره . واقعاً خوبه . بعید میدونم عطر خنکی تو ماندگاری و پخش بو به پای اسنزا برسه در عین حال که بویی به این تمیزی داشته باشه . رایحش درجه یک و تکه . قوی و مردونه است . مهربونه . بسیار با کیفیته . لازم است در کلکسیون باشد ، فی الواقع از جمله ی اوجب واجبات است . حیف است نباشد . نمونه ای از یک کار حرفه ای . با آوردن گریپ فروت تو ترکیبات این عطر کاری کردن کارستون . موریلاس گل کاشته ، جداً که کاربلده . اون کنارا با عنبر یه حالت عجیبی ایجاد کرده که نگو . انصافاً اصلاً نیاز به توضیح و تعریف اضافه نداره . عالیه . ء

toto453

A must to have cologne !! Better than original in longevity/sillage and the same as the original in details and that is rare!
Incredible for summer and night out!

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Ken.z008 you are exactly spot on! In fairness I am going to have to try this on my skin as I have only sampled on paper to this point. If it performs like it does on paper then it is a definite "no" for me. The opening is beautiful! I thought I had found a winner until I smelled the drydown 30 minutes later. Upon first spray it has a lovely combo of citrus and aromatic notes (probably the sage) which isn't anything like the original ADG. But about 30 minutes I am getting that funky bitter blood smell many of you have mentioned below and it is anything but appealing. In fact I have experienced this note before. It is present in Bvlgari Aqva and all of its flankers. I have been told it is the water note and in some cases the seaweed note that is doing this. Not sure if that is true or not but whatever it is I don't like it. But as I mentioned I am going to try this on my skin and see if I get better results and if so I will report back.

Cheers!

ken.z008
ken.z008

The top notes of this fragrance is amazing. It's fresh, zesty and beautiful, balanced with watery florals languidly dancing in the background.

However, the middle notes contain some sort of fresh pork meat or a bloody wound left-for-a-day (or even live catfish. I know it's weird!) smell to it.I don't know if this fragrance contrails Ultrazur, a molecule that suppose to give lift and marine/ocean freshness to fragrances, that reminds me of pork meat or bloody wound. It's very unappealing from this moment on. If you can't detect that fresh meaty note, good for you. I even let my friend smell this new Aqua di Gio and the colognes I made with Ultrazur: it's nice in the beginning, and dries down to that meat/fish smell. She immediately noticed the meat note and got turned off by it.

The base note, which appeared on me after six hours of dreadful meat note, is woody generic that's always pleasing to me.

Housebliss
Housebliss

After trying this, and countless other similar fragrances, I can honestly say I don't like marine notes (aquatics). It smells good enough in the beginning, but it ends up smelling sharp and unappealing.

Even my girlfriend who likes fragrances like this, didn't like this one. When it comes to male fragrances we agree for once.

It lasts a very long time though, and sillage seems to be good.

I regret buying this one (again), and I'll stay clear of aquatics in the future. It's just not for me.

Gokhanburak53

not bad, warm and good smelling, long lasting, but there is something smells weird as others stated below, like boiled egg, it is pass for me, there are better options outside, a little bit overrated

iDelon101
iDelon101

a step up from the original ADG. truly long lasting but sometimes overpowering. small amount of sprays and your good to go. definitely an head turner.

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

The first 5 minutes I sprayed this on my hand for the first time, all the snobbery of: "oh bro everyone smells like that don't even bother." instantly disappeared. My skin chemistry dose not permit me to wear anything with lemon or orange in it which a lot of fresh fragrances have. Thank God this fragrance utilized citrus's that work well with my skin. I literally just sprayed this on my skin and I already know it WILL be a new staple in my collection. It is of very very high quality, I have 2 other Eau de parfums in my collection, Prada Amber PHI, and L'homme PI, and I can just tell this will have a very satisfying performance compared to those other two, not to say they are too weak. I can't wait to buy this tomorrow! It seems very versatile to. Versatility is a must have for me to buy any fragrance. This is one of those smells you just love to smell on yourself!!!!!!! Cheers to breaking down the wall of snobbery that separated me and this beautiful masterpiece of a fragrance!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm that dry down is amazing!!!!

Try it! To me, yeah it is over priced... but oh well! I'm not going to lie the fact that it's expensive is okay to me, because it's more exclusive, and the lack of exclusivity is the reason I will never buy the original ADG. I'm still willing to pay up for this fragrance. It is what it is. :)

CHEERS TO BEING "ONE OF THEM" ANOTHER ACQUA DI GIO JOE WAS BORN TODAY!!!!

YellowFlash
YellowFlash

Much better than the original with better longevity. I just am not a big fan of the aquatics, at least those that make use of calone. The scent is pleasant. The woody notes make for a nice dry down. It just isn't my thing. People really seem to like the original so I would definitely recommend this over the original if that is what you like. I don't love this and I won't spend the money to buy it because of the cost, but I do like it.

I guess, overall it could be said that if you love the EDT that you'd do well to spend the extra and get this EDP for the longevity and better dry down.

Belletrax
Belletrax

More intense and (IMO) better version of a timeless classic!
Enough said.

toto453

If you like acqua di gio original then you can go with this intense version ! Same scent but longer lasting with a better sillage ! Good brand !

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام. این عطر بوی خیلی باکلاسی داره البته نمیشه گفت رایحه جدیدی داره ولی بوی خنک و خیلی خوبی داره با اینکه خنکه ماندگاری خیلی بالایی داره

littebee
littebee

I love it. It's my no. 2 after Platinum Egoist.

ali.mohseni
ali.mohseni

Excellent.I love this.

kaysee

Now that I've had it for some time, I think I kinda miss the sharpness of Acqua di Gio?
That one is amazing, but I guess I realized that I'm more into the original one..

Ivano
Ivano

This is a fresh dry and woody Acqua di Gio that preserves the signature fruity/floral/saltiness of the original but toned down a lot and pushed into the background. In my opinion it's pretty different to the original but I don't think it's better in any way other than the impessive quality of the bottle.

yanche
yanche

Sebenarnya keharuman Acqua di gio EDT sudah sangat familiar untuk saya dan tidak terlalu istimewa menurut saya, tapi entah mengapa ketika mencoba mencium acqua di gio essenza seperti nya merasa parfum ini berbeda cukup jauh dari adg edt.
adg essenza seperti wangi yg lebih dalam, lebih dewasa, lebih cuek, lebih pria dan bahkan lebih menghanyutkan dari adg edt menurutku..
acqua edt menjadi my new signature parfum after dior fahrenheit for men.
sangat2 tidak menyesal memiliki acqua di gio essenza, walaupun harga nya cukup mahal.
very cool parfum with great long lasting.

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is nice, very nice. if you liked the original, you will love this. its a more masculine, refined, clean cut ADG, while still keeping that fresh citrus DNA that the original had, its great. projection is great longevity is average, overall 8/10.

the only negative is that they have purposefully over priced it in my opinion. but i do believe this is a genuine attempt by Armani to make an already great fragrance, a classic, even better.

Ashcroft87
Ashcroft87

Longevity 9.5/10
Sillage 9
Smell 9

Great freshness at the beginning for then drying in down with a warm peppery spice aura.
I usually work on shifts and this Eau de Parfum lasts all day on clothes, and for about 10 hours on skin. And even if it fades away, the body heat will revive it putting you a smile on your face, knowing that it's still there :)
Great projection especially after the first forty minutes as you feel wrapped up in this warm and spicy feeling all day long.
On that phase Essenza feels like a less cloying version of Terre D'Hermes, let's say a little brother that lasts and projects like the older with more fresh fruity and sharp notes accords.

Definitely to try if you have never or to re evaluate if it has let you down in the past :)

fdelval
fdelval

The perfect working scent. Safe, well done, fresh, not offensive.

Very long lasting, projects great and its sillage is very good, yet it is not a cloying scent. Very suitable for a young proffesional.

Can be worn all year round, but I would not clasify this one as a romantic / going out summer fragrance. Don't get me wrong, it could be used but there are better alternatives in my book. Lets say that I wouldn't like to wear my working scent when I'm partying or enjoying my spare time.

I would go with D&G light blue and specially D&G light blue living stromboli for that matter. Very subtle changes but enough to turn that "proffesional" adjetive into a "sexy" one, while maintaining the core of the fragrance.

Too bad D&G light blue living stromboli doesn't hold and you have to carry a decant to keep it alive...

Overwall, -9/10 rating.

kaysee

why buy any other fragrance, when that one is on the market? The best.

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

it is very different from ADG(ORIGINAL FORMULA). to me is more of a refined Scuderia Ferrari for men. i don't think i will buy it again though.
beautiful packaging.

Tonysosa
Tonysosa

Smells like a freshly made margarita with lots of salt on the rim. Being sipped on a beach in the Caribbean.

saiful.enver
saiful.enver

Cassio and Aryo... I had countered the same experience like u guys. I love the opening smell but after an hour or two I started to smell the egg. It's... weird

houstcs
houstcs

Not a huge fan of the original anymore, however I tried this today and I am very impressed with the pepper. Smells nice, but will likely be worn out soon.

aryo

to cassio ► yeaa.. me too..
i like the orange n smoooth,, at first sniff i like, and really like it.. but smell of egg really bother me..
I tried it once enough.. eheheheh,,

if u really want a fresh and good quality summer fragrance,
try armani code sport athlete.. i am satisfied...

cassio
cassio

Does anybody feels an egg smell on this? Not a bad smell, but seems very much like egg after 2 hours...weird.

pomdgf
pomdgf

The original one is smell so good from the first spray but ESSENZA I think after dry down for 5 minutes smell so heavenly. I can see myself wearing T-shirt, favorite jeans with a barefoot walking on the seaside or grass in the garden. This is my favorite play safe fragrance that I get a lot of compliments.

tania.sedik
tania.sedik

This one is one of the better men's fragrances out there! So nice, just like you want a guy to smell like. Reminds me of a man in a nice silver suit by the beach having a beer in Italy with me of course lol. It has that perfect balance which so many others cannot attain. Excellent!!

osiris5
osiris5

I got this as a sample and I noticed it is an EdP.
Yes it is a reflection of Acqua de Gio.
It lifts Aqua di Gio out of its casual realm.
It is more a classical spicy scent. But be aware!
It can also turn into a cheap scent due to its synthetic components. That depends on how much you use and of course it depends on your skin.
It is not bad, but it is not great either.
In the long run it is too synthetic.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

I have the original one...But this one seems most satisfied than previous one. But it have certain note make it smell weird while the original have a vibe. Respectful fragrance from me~

Ok, long story short.
Yesterday was binge spraying fragrances at Debenhams.
Sprayed on my arm some Guerlain, then Armani Code, and after 1 hour some Essenza.
that was around 7p.m.
The next day when I woke up around 11 am I could still smell Essenza (none of the other fragrances got mixed with the smell and eventually faded away).

Used to b a huge Acqua di Gio fan, but got really bored of it.
Now after trying Essenza, I know I'm defo gonna buy it ASAP! The scent is developed and longevity is off the charts!
It's the best.

jude1321
jude1321

Like Bleu by Chanel, I don't get the hate so many have for this wonderful juice. Great lasting power and sillage. This scent is almost impossible to dislike, smells like the original but much stronger. My wife loves this stuff over many costly others that I have in my collection. While it is true that this stuff is not that unique, it is wonderfully crafted and very high class. A summer staple for me, and reminds me of sitting at a nice restaurant by the beach as the sun is coming down, having a cold beer and some calamari. Take the leap for this juice. I love it.

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

Although Essenza reminds me of the original, this one is much better. Both have the strong water/sea notes, but Essenza is much more vibrant. The original does indeed remind me of being near the sea...all alone...on a cloudy day...in the fall.

Essenza dives into the citrus and floral notes and is just simply a happier fragrance. The floral notes mix seamlessly with the tart citrus notes to create a truly magnificent fragrance.

Longevity is great as it should be for the price. A couple sprays lasts all day.

This is primarily a day scent but I believe it could be worn to the office in a suit or to the mall in jeans and a tee shirt. Excellent fragrance!

rudolf78
rudolf78

After tried this scent and different aquatic scents this one is the most naturally smell scent. Indeed what armani says less more aquatic and marine notes and i think more flowery notes and spicy notes. sillage and longetivity are great. Summer recommended fragrance.

Greets rudolf.

4law
4law

با اینکه ادکلن خنکیه،موندگاری بسیار بالایی داره.بوش بسیار شیکه.

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

Wow. Receive a 6.08 oz bottle today , and smell so good. It is different from the original . It is not cool as the original , but it is more powerful than the original . Fall in love with this right away. The longevity is fine , and it is not really moderate . It is one of top ten of me. I think this version is better than original . Stronger , powerful , manly than the original . It is for young men , not suitable for old men . However , the overall is 8/10 .
Update : this version I don't smell citrus at all. Use it when work out at gym, get many compliments , and sometimes when I pass many guys, they turn their head . I have chanel allure and chanel blue , but I love this acqua di goo Essene. Just about the longevity is not powerful as chanel . The smell when it drys down is sea salt of sea water . It smell really good. This version can be used for spring, summer , fall , but not hot enough for winter . Now, it is my signature .

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

Just picked this fragrance up. Inital impression is that it smells very very very close to the original. It's a nice fragrance. Great for work and everyday wear. The main difference at least that I can detect is that I get a more watery feel with this one and a tad more floral, longevity and projection are average to below average on me. 5 hours on me. Doesn't get through a full work shift. Would not purchase this at retail, and for the deal I got, I paid exactly what I think its worth. Overall happy with it. And I love the bottle, reminds me a little of reflection man. Every company should use magnetic caps like this and the Dior exclusive line.

WRS67
WRS67

Still on my frag-buying spree, I got Acqua di Gio Essenza in the mail today. The original, despite its popularity, is one of my favorite scents, so I had no idea what to expect from Essenza.

While it is very similar to the original (especially on the dry down), Essenza has much better longevity and dives deeper into the notes. Acqua di Gio just sort of plays around in the shallows while Essenza plunges into the water's depths and does a better job of developing the citrus and spice notes. I also catch some bits of jasmine, vetiver, and musk. Despite being more potent, Essenza still maintains the crispness and cleanness of the original. Most citrusy aquatic frags don't hang around too long, so I'm glad to have this in my collection.

Great choice for warm weather - especially spring or summer!

Edit: I can still smell this on me almost 24 hours later and AFTER a shower. It's faint, but it's there.

Sing_Rich
Sing_Rich

Unlike the original Acqua di Gio I don't detect any citrus at all, to me the scent is fresh spicy and aquatic with a woody drydown. It smells fresh and clean, sophisticated and expensive, and to me is reminiscent of just stepping out of a hot shower. I have a slight preference for the scent of the original, but overall the Essenza is the better over perfume.

Projection on my skin is moderate but the longevity is excellent. I apply 3 sprays, after the initial few hours it seems to disappear but throughout the day I receive and intermittent reminders it's still going strong; a movement pushes scented air up to your nose for example. I thought I made an error at work and suddenly felt quite hot which probably accompanied by some sweating, and instantly I could smell a big hit of the Essenza. Some complain that the longevity is disappointing, but I think this fragrance is likely to be prime candidate for olfactory fatigue. It seems logical to me that a fresh, light fragrance like Acqua di Gio will be more easily tuned out by the nose than something heavy like YSL Kouros. I put it on at 7.30am and assumed it was gone by the end of the day, when I asked my gf at ~9pm is there was anything left, she said it was still there as soon as her nose was within 6 inches of my neck. Longevity should not be an issue.

Whether it is worth the hefty pricetag is up to the individual. After having it for a few weeks it's difficult for me to say if I will buy again. I wouldn't if I could only purchase at the RRP. I will say that in my humble opinion it is an overall improvement over the original.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

The calone molecule truly does wonders to this fragrance. It smells like fresh water, not salted sea water, but pure cold fresh water.

Add to that some woods, jasmine and a generous splash of Bergamot and you get yourself one of most beautiful "aquatics" on the market.

This one shines best in humid hot weather, that's when the flowers and "water" molecule come out to the front !

Much much better than the original.

Longevity : 8+

Projection : Moderate

Berschwinger
Berschwinger

I think this is better geared for the 40+ crowd. There is a soft wood through it, and I think it is well made with good longevity and projection. The wood is a bit heavy handed in my opinion - some may like that, but not exactly what I'm looking for at this age.

Seems like the jasmine was toned down substantially and of course a big wood note was added. This does not work for me at all, and eventually it has a watery woody quality I find tepid and unappealing. In some ways it reminds me of the leather version of Eau Sauvage. Just because it sounds like a good idea to add a certain kind of note doesn't mean discord isn't going to be the result. I can see how a person who wears the original AdG every day might want a little something different once in a while, so for the office/school people who want to "smell nice" this certainly may be a scent to consider. I just think it will only work for the aficionado who wants a very specific scent and this happens to meet his/her criteria.

"...untune that string and hark what discord follows."

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

A much welcomed improvement to the sillage and logevity of the original. And, as advertised, it does indeed bring some of the subtler notes of the original to the forefront, this smells spicier and more interesting than Acqua Di Gio did.

jotalopez
jotalopez

Gladly Giorgio Armani has managed to create a well made flanker. Despite the large supply of flankers out there this one does make the cut. In my opinion, the original Acqua di Gio is a generic, boring and overrated aquatic scent that lacks originality and allure. It worked well back in the nineties but not anymore. This fragrance is quite the opposite its predecessor since ADG Essenza has plenty of class and style and clearly makes the difference between old and new. In a nutshell, this scent exudes refinement and attitude. Compliments guaranteed.

kaizer121
kaizer121

As somebody who was disappointed by Acqua di Gio from day one (even before I got into fragrance) I have to say I'm glad I took the risk and dropped the extra cash for a bottle of the Essenza. Acqua di Gio was always too weak to me, it seemed too soft. Furthermore, it was gone after a couple of hours. I have aftershave that lasts longer. Still the scent itself was quite pleasant so I decided to take a risk and bought the essenza Eau de Parfum hoping it remedied my grips. I was not disappointed.

Right off the bat it smells stronger, and better put together. It's a more well rounded scent, most likely because of the enhanced woody notes. Even so, It's still reminiscent of the orignal, and in fact with one on each arm there are only subtle differences. But the orignal, to me, always felt like there was something missing. At first I thought it might be that the citrus was too weak, but now I see that the real issue is that the scent lacked a strong enough backbone to support everything, a backbone that's now present in Essenza from the Cedar.

I think there's really no reason to buy the original AdG now except for the lower price. Essenza is a superior scent, plain and simple. The projection is better, the longevity is leaps and bounds better, and the scent it self is simply, well, better. Very happy with this one. I think it's probably the best aquatic out there, high praise coming from somebody who really doesn't care for aquatics.

rprovenz
rprovenz

Even classier than the original...good longevity as well.

pjd1234
pjd1234

ACQUA DI GIO ESSENZA the original was a staple in the aquatic frags and was a game changer when it come to aquatic scent the best in its time in my opinion. I remember bathing in these when i was a teen 6-8sprays everytime i used it lol and still cant get any projection. now essenza is a more thickier, woodier,spicier version of the original. its like the original is for teens and essenza is more on the manly side. In regards to the over all smell it follows thesame dna as the original but a bit more refined with the noticable added spice/slight wood in the backroud. I did not think twice getting this when it first came out as with most armani frags i shy away because of the price vs quality and quantity of juice but this is a no brainer for me definite buy. I got a good deal of the biggest bottle under 80 usd so grab it. longevity solid 8 hrs for me still projection is not that good as with all aquatics but a lot better than the original this is noticable for sure. One of the best aquatics scent hands down.
longevity 8/10 solid 8 hrs on my skin better on humid days.
sillage 7/10 better projection than the original definitely noticable.
uniqueness 8/10 follows thesame dna as the original so nothing new here.
overall smell 9/10 very nice refined manly/mature aquatic scent.
price vs quality 8/10 180ml retail bottle for 150usd i think is a bit much for an aquatic try online less than 100 for the biggest bottle.
versatility best for hot humid days but i think it can be an overall year around scent.

lovetribe
lovetribe

is different from acqua di giò classic.
i like it.a parfum for the week.not for the weekend.for office.is a polite scent.
one of the best for summer.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Peach was a winner in the original. That and that this one last way longer.

Ok, can't really dislike it, but the original is better smelling. But this is more worth the price I guess.

update: this one smells better in the drydown. much better. win.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

AdG is one of the greatest classics from the 90's: utterly wearable and very classy, yet at the same time an everyman's fragrance. In many ways you could call it the Pearl Jam of 90's fragrances; it was everywhere--a real ground breaker that spawned thousands of clones (and is sometimes maligned for doing so). Also like most crowd pleasers, it has suffered from extreme rotation and was beginning to show a little wear around the knees and trim.

In steps AdG Essenza.

This is a wonderful tune up of the original. This is AdG Remastered. It still maintains its fresh, classy, sexy, and wearable vibe, yet has a modern, polished feel: a little tighter and sharper, and more masculine with excellent staying power, due to the edp formulation. I like to think of the term "fine tuned". In all, a faithful update to the original.

If you enjoy the original AdG, but feel that it is a bit dated, slip into this one. Perfect for the office, a night on the town, or a day at the beach.

4.5 out of 5

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

Superior to A.D.G.
Has a greater depth to it.

Would not buy it as apart of my arsenal however.

Luforge
Luforge

I like how intense the woods and lemon and lime come out in this..Its a very fresh Parfum..

more of a summer fragrance.

Projection : great
Longevity : 6+ hours pending on the sprays on this one..

dmirror
dmirror

As we all know ADG is a good year round scent for any occasion essenza smells great also but exactly like the original i wouldn't go for the essenza just cause of the high price and it smells almost exactly same only somebody with a very good nose would recognize the difference overall its not worth the price unless you don't mind spending the extra cash nice fragrance though too pricey go with the original

Headhead1000
Headhead1000

The same as ADG In a new bottle ! I think there trying to get a pay off by putting the same fluid in a new packaging .

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

ufff quiero este, me parece un aqua de gio mas especiado y mas fuerte, con eso lo digo todo a los amantes del clasico tienen q provar este, no pierde frescura pero si q gana en olor y consistencia, prefiero este al original quiero realmente intentar con este.

NHIndian24
NHIndian24

One of the only aquatic colognes I actually like, the others being Davidoff's Cool Water and ADG original. Cool Water and ADG are essentially the original aquatics that everyone has ripped off, which is why I love them, and Essenza is a much woodier version of Gio edt. The edt is mostly citrus, florals and aquatic where Essenza is woodier and saltier. Both share the strong citrus, and they are similar in that regard. My question, which ADG would be a better purchase? I love them both, but I'm not sure which I should purchase... Any comments are welcome

aryo

I combine between armani adg essenza and encre noir lalique.
And the Result is.. WOW..!!

Its smells like allure sport By chanel, without citrusy.. smooth.. longlasting and good sillage.. i get smooth woody And less citrus from adg essenza, with no strong chypress on encre noir And smooth amazing vetiver..
It become
Smell : 9/10
Longevity : 9/10 (7-9 hour on me)
Sillage : 9/10 (3feet is good on Me)

Its ideal for Me.. but dont know for others.. :D

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Acqua di Gio for Men. As a woman, I find it bland and unattractive on a man's skin. Too much citrus, not enough sexiness. I decided to give the Acqua di Gio line one more try with this new flanker, Acqua di Gio Essenza.

I had to laugh at their marketing ploy, describing it as "intensely carnal and sensual, Acqua di Gio Essenza is less focused on marine and more on woody and ambery accords". I couldn't disagree more. I find this flanker more focused on the marine accords, not less.

It smells like a typical citrusy aquatic to my nose, with a hint of herbs and salty vetiver. Still very Summer appropriate, but nothing to rave on about. In all honesty, I prefer it just that little bit more to Acqua di Gio, but not enough to change my views.

If I lived in a tropical climate, and the men who wore Acqua di Gio applied it in small doses, I think I might have been a fan. However, my memory has been forever scarred by young males dousing half bottles of Acqua di Gio on themselves in the midst of Winter. Acqua di Gio Essenza still has a lot in common with its original. Memories cannot be shaken.

One thing I can say in support of Acqua di Gio Essenza, is that it has excellent longevity. Aquatics that last on the skin are somewhat of a rare occurrence. I do wish that this flanker was more ambery or more sensual, but for the most part it's just a saltier and less citrusy take on its infamous predecessor.

Marciu
Marciu

I think Essenza is a perfect choice for those, who love Acqua di Gio and want to use it whole year round.

Personally, I find it more manly than AdG EDT. Maybe it's because the vetiver, or maybe because of the herbal or ambergris notes, it's hard to say. My girlfriend uses sometimes EDT but can't use this EDP, she says it's too manly smell for her. To me personally Essenza is more woody than the regular. I like it now, but I have to say that I hated it when it was just released. The magnetic cap is cool.

The longevity is quite impressing - I get 8-12 hours(I don't know what does the longevity depend on, lol) and the sillage is also big.

I like everything what A. Morillas creates and it happened so with the Essenza.

Manolete
Manolete

Bought the 180ml bottle at a great prize, and realize that smells exactly the same like a bottle of ADG that i had in the year 2000. I haven't smelled the current ADG to see the differences. This essenza smells pretty good thoug...

rafa3lo

can anynone post me photos with adg essenza? coz i believe mine is fake....

Abo ahlamjood

Good for summer tim and very nice if you wear it morning .

Abo ahlamjood

Good for summer tim and very nice if you wear it morning .

kazewayz
kazewayz

I get citrus and wood from this scent. Nice for a summer night, don't think its an all year round fragrance. Stays on for a long time. Projects well. Better than the original in my opinion because of the woody touch that it has. It's more mature. Try it.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

Just smelled this in a magazine. Simply amazing! It smells like pure happiness on a spring morning. Corny but thats all i can compare it to lol.

michael5853
michael5853

This is one of the best colognes I’ve ever owned. The fragrance is outstanding, great longevity, and projection. Not as sharp as ADG original, but a bit better in longevity. I’ll be wearing this one all spring and summer long!

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

This is a masterpiece. One of the nicest and most VERSATILE colognes I've ever smelt! i haven't tried the original ADG (I know, I know) so I can't say if by wearing this you will smell like other ADG users. But hopefully it's a little less common than the original!

Amazing smell - check
longevity and projection - check
seasons - pretty much all seasons just not in really hot or cold
day and night wear - check
formal and casual - check
Would I wear it on a date/to a party/or just a night out? Yes.

seriously, you could own this and nothing else and you'd be fine.

Only downsides are that it's a bit expensive and you may (can't be sure) smell like a lot of other people. but anyway CHECK THIS OUT!

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

This is the ADG I remember smelling 8 years ago. It smells like the ADG they used to sell in the department stores prior to 'cheapening' it.

drofwonders
drofwonders

This may be the only cologne I've ever worn in my life that smelled better 1-2 hours later than it did when first sprayed on. When I first spray it on, I get a medicinal vibe that's rather off-putting. But then, it gets amazing as the day wears on the base notes emerge with great strength and balance. This stuff is pure class. And since its parfum strength, a little dab'll do ya. Just be patient! It's worth the wait!

FSU92grad
FSU92grad

idk....Ive NEVER been a big fan of Acqua because everybody and their mother wears it and idk....I just like to be original and actually Im going back to older fragrances because people arent wearing them anymore....Acqua to me smells like many other citrus scents or perhaps the other copied Acqua but you cant throw in a little pepper in this thing and add a little more oil and call it a parfum and charge more money to get people to buy it.....I certainly won't, especially since there are so many other citrus-based scents that smell so much better....

rafa3lo

maybe my ADG essenza is not original one ...what do you think ? coz i stay in the room and when i get out and come back i don t fell the scent ...my other colegues leave their scent in the room...

fazilsmr

Rafa : 3 to 4 spray will do as the scent is quite heavy. Wrist, chest and neck. After getting used to the smell, you wont smell yourself anymore and that's true. But your friends definitely will smell you. Longevity is great on me 10 hours++++++

rafa3lo

I got this fragrance a month ago and i like it so much ...but what i wanted to ask is how many sprays do you apply ? coz i apply around 5-6 sprays to get results... an it projects around 4-5 hours after that stays close to skin
If i would spray 1-2 times it couldn t project that long... what do you think ? could be possible i don't sense my own perfume or what??
I have my colegues that wear fragrances that smell in the whole room and when i leave he room and reenter i can"t smell my own perfume...it's ADG fake ? or it's just me ?

Bbjr
Bbjr

Don't like the original but this GOOD stuff!

Well my husband tried it at the perfume counter, smells great except we both got a headache a couple minutes later. So I would think it is more heady than the original, and unfortunately won't work for him.

Walther
Walther

Excellent fragrance,I like it !

thiagosilva
thiagosilva

The Acqua di Gio left the beach and went to the office. This is Essenza! Great!

aryo

all my curiousity paid with buying this adg essenza,
tottally 80% FUSE by Oriflame, i had it. its full of citruses and strong lime scent with a little pepper slip, mixing together.
but more soft and of course way too expensive than fuse.. thats the top notes smell, it last 30min more longer than fuse.
then the heart note playing aroma all with the name of adg essenza.. i smell some of fancy textille like imperial apparel.
its stay for 2 - 3h (outdoor), 4 - 6h (indoor)
after all,, the base note of the cedar and vetiver shock ur mind as the brand adg essenza..
i like fuse by oriflame coz the fresh and wild adventuring identity, it could be my love fragance if more on longevity i didnt get.
but adg essenza
i love this, coz more softer, n fooled me on the heart notes with an fancy smells like imperial apparel..

note: all differences adg essenza is in the heart note.. and i loooooouuuuvvvee it..
but the price is suck up inside my pocket.. ahahahah..

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Acqua di Gio Essenza is a masterpiece. To me it is richer and even better than Acqua di Gio as great as it is. It is what I wanted Acqua di Gio to be like in the first place. It is the perfect follow up to the original masterpiece. Bravissimo. Alberto Morillas should now make an eau de parfum version of Acqua di Gio.

fazilsmr

After 8 hours of wearing this perfume,i still receive compliments. This perfume really projects like crazy and longevity is beyond excellent..A TRUE MASTERPIECE..soon will get my second bottle. Alberto morillas nailed it very well..

attajigar
attajigar

به نظر من بوش سنگین تر از قبلی یه شده اما بوی خوب جیو که من ازش خس بوی بدن رو میگیرم بیشتر شده اما در کل بوی جیو قبلی رویایی تره

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

So I just got this and my brother has the original.

In a comparison side-by-side, the original has a more subtle approach. The Essenza is more "in your face" but still not too too much different. The Essenza is definitely not as soft which I like. I can tell its more modern. It seems like it has less florals then the first one.

If youre a fan of the first one, then you cant go wrong with this one!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

the initial is similar to the drydown of its elder brother, and it stays for hours. many would think this is going to be an intense version of the original, yet it is not. this smells clean, fresh and exudes refinement. the obvious different that I could detect is this has less citrus vibe but more to subtle clean sweet spicy scent.

Lisztener
Lisztener

If you like the original, then you should enjoy this parfum. I wore 3-1/2 200ml bottles of the original in the past five years. I hope to enjoy the new ESSENZA for as many years. One may also layer with the original AdG. The top is fresh and invigorating. The slightly stronger parfum base lasts longer than original and is quite comfortable. This is a unisex scent... as was AdG.

Express your sensuality while luxuriating in this delightful ESSENZA!

Jenny Peycheva
Jenny Peycheva

Fantastic! As a teenager I remember how my father used to wear this perfume. He smelled soooo gooood! I am thinking to buy one to my man... I love it!

praizy
praizy

Hmmm Fresh and spicyI test it and love it wow.
Projection and sillage 9/10
U will get noticed
Longivity 10-12 hours so 10/10
Versitilty. 10/10
Overall 10/10
Must buy it
Only negetive point bit price

PaulDJ
PaulDJ

This is very classy and different enough from the original to stand tall! Agree that it has a little Eau Sauvage about it. Excellent scent.

x1268x
x1268x

It smelled very nice in the store,took it home and hated it ever since.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Pleasant, similar fragrance to Eau Savage, less full-bodied interpretation of the elder Brother; Aqua di Gio. However, as someone who likes quite strong, definitive statements in fragrance, this is a bit too subtle for me. Great for folks who like their fragrances subtle.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it s sharper than the ADG (first version).But it s like other citrusy perfumes and not special.in my opinion the first is more special than essenza..

not need ..

kizz_man
kizz_man

This should happen!!!
The Original one of the top in perfume World,
Second one more Mature..Stronger and The finest.
Armani very good example With this one for another company.

Note:
Some People said ADG very expensive...for me i said good price
Coz ADGII comes (eau de parfum) its mean 2 spray and good 2 go.

Sergio BH
Sergio BH

F A N T A S T I C !!!!!!

Isnt Acqua di Gio again, ESSENZA is much better!!!

9/10.

Gault
Gault

Whoever said that this is modern days Eau Sauvage I cannot agree more, this was the very first thought of mine even before I read those opinions.
A herbal take on the original ADG, more mature, more formal, more money to spend on a more exciting bottle. The longevity is easily 12+ hours.
I must say its a little bit misplaced in time, Im pretty sure this isnt gonna be a top seller as soon as the crowd realises this is less modern than the soon to be 20 years old predecessor.

enzyme1
enzyme1

I dont know if it is me or the perfume, but after wearing this I felt nauseated, dizzy, and got a headache.
I have found that aquatic notes put me right off a perfume. This also smells like a grotesque sweet sweaty chemically type smell.

frangellan
frangellan

The opening is very similar to the original. Citrus blast. But whereas the original maintains that acerbic, citrusy tartness for most of the fragrance in the EdT, here the floral notes take center stage in the dry down. I can smell the Jasmine, "floral notes", and the sage very distinctly. They were there in the original but always hiding behind the citrus. This is a dressy, sophisticated scent.

Mohamed Samy
Mohamed Samy

simply one of the best i ever dressed!

nayanmodi
nayanmodi

Well this wine has aged nicely!

If you ever used the original (a classic) when it first came out, this is a very nice grown up version. Sort of keeping up with you in age.

It's got shades of the original in a creamier, smoother, elegant wrapper.

I'm wearing 2 sprays each to the neck & chest in a hot, dusty country (with it's myriad competing smells) so Longevity & Sillage are reasonably moderate, but still a couple hours short of Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I used to love AdG for its opening notes. It just smelled so-o good. But then it evolved into notes that smelled like citrus and that smell you get from the head of an unused broom on a bed of patchouli and aquatic notes.

I hoped they would recalibrate the scent a little, but seems all they got done was rid of the original EdT's fleetfulness. Funny how they never created flankers all this time. I guess sales of AdG was strong enough that it would do more harm to make flankers alongside of the original.

Ah well, this scent had good concentration and longevity, but sadly had more of the stuff I didn't like.

dooli

This is an acidic version of the original. I love the original. This is the drydown of the original... missing the lovely opening and mid of the original. shame shame!!!!

$$
$$

This is acqua di gio in 5th gear!I mean this scent is better than the original the notes are fresher and more fruity.It being a parfum makes such a big difference its so much cleaner and refreshing.I was never a big acqua di gio fan cause it was so boring it was typical it was old.But now im all over this!!!Exspensive lil (shout your mouth)but worth it.

tots_eminem

To GinoK: this one even better than the legendary original ADG. This is totally a MUST BUY!

dooli

Just tried this out today at Bloomingdales. It is the exact fragrance as the original. It's a shame how companies nowadays are making flanker fragrances, and now making an EDP version of the same fragrance and charging twice the money for it. It's a let down.
this smells EXACTLY like the original. Do NOT blind buy this or you'll be disappointed.
It's so similar that when i got home and hugged my gf, she asked me "are you starting to wear ADG again?"
The only difference is that the essenza version has more of the dry down smell of the original which I don't like. I think the original is so much better.
This one doesn't project either. Just turns into a very woody sharp scent. This is a RIP OFF!

garett
garett

It indeed lasts for ages.One spray and i could smell it after >24 hours.It is better than acqua di gio but only thing is that it could have some twist to it in the smell of it .The smell was again like i have already smelled thousand times before of di gio and its derivatives all thru my life.
Still a thumbs up.9 out of 10

If you want to try a unique one go for eau sauvage parfum.It has twists.

fazilsmr

i prefer this one than the original. lasting power is great. getting around 8 hours on m skin. perfect for summer months..

alessio l
alessio l

Obviously very similar to the original but more strong and woody.
This is really good also in winter.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A citrus, spicy, masculine frag which is very similar to the original Acqua Di Gio...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 3.5 hours - 4.5 inch projection. This is 70% the same as the original, the difference being more pepper in this, and so more spicy, and a little more mature, ages 34 - 55. Very masculine, could be used on a summer holiday in the evening

3.5 hours - 4.5 hours - 2 inch projection

4.5 hours - 8 hours - Close to skin but I keep going back to get a whiff

I think the original is a better smell, as it is more pure and fresh

GinoK
GinoK

I realy dont like the first ADG, would i like this one?

tots_eminem

Just tried this afternoon. The scent have the opening almost like Just Me (you can feel some different compare to the original).. than after an hour, it like entering the game with very deep and sophisticated altitude. The middle note there are some similar to versace pour homme but feeling rich..
Just like Armani give this perfume to Chanel to make it become more formal..
Only 1 word to describe every thing: PERFECT!

gregmech26
gregmech26

It's all about the drydown. You must wait at least one full hour before judging this fragrance.

Dirk

I own a bottle of 75ml and i still had the original.
But i am glad that i bought this one as well.
As it is a more grown up version of the original.
Essenza version is more Elegant, a bit darker less flowery.
But like Scotthan78 said, it has that oily vibe, it makes it also sensual, and more wearable for evening and for a dinner than the original, which i find more of a day scent.
This scent has really grown on me, at the moment i love to wear it very much.
And i prefer this above the original.
It is really long lasting, im getting for sure 8 or 9 hours, and then i give myself a few new sprays.
To enjoy this beautiful Masterpiece by Alberto Morillas!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this today and it smells very simular to the original. A lovely citrus and watery note which in fact does last a lot longer than the original. I sprayed both arms in the store and took a shower a good 3 hours later and I can still smell the fragrance on my arms. I will probably get a small size bottle.

Nickofengland
Nickofengland

From the creative point of view, this one's a real average scent: standard woody watery with some spices - Nice to wear in the summer.
However, the quality is really good and the whole composition is perfectly well balanced!
Also it gets more interesting after the citrusy-watery opening has faded a little bit, when the heart starts to present itself in a very warm, spicy and sensual, but still fresh way!
Not to recommend for people who already have one or more scents of that kind, but totally recommendable for those who haven't!

vdxl
vdxl

This is similar to the original EDT, the sillage is good, and luckily, it does not turn into detergent into my skin, like the original does. It is however, a little feminine, like a fruity-citrus-melon-osmanthus-floral scent, very smooth, and I do like it. It is much better than Armani Code Sport or Diamonds (which smells very, very cheap). It is also, more interesting than Code. I find a lot of similarities to a imagined, modern version of "Eau Sauvage", where the dirty notes have been expelled. I like this smooth sillage on my skin, but why is it so expensive?

patrick pereira
patrick pereira

O perfume da minha vida!! Adoro-o!!

I love it!!

Linden
Linden

Honestly, I'm not surprised, first the original is watered down, then Essenza is released. The EDP seems to have the intensity of the pre-reform. AdG I remember, and is very similar imo. The soft florals that made AdG interesting have been greatly subdued, while the citrus and woods have been amped up. Overall a sharper, warmer scent with more noticeable musk in the drydown.
Funny, I find Essenza smells a lot like PH Just Me for men, how ironic!

brs
brs

Crazy prices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loreal needs money !!!! That's why i Will never buy it again
The fragrance is good but not excePtionnal

scotthan78
scotthan78

Highly anticipated cologne of the year.

Starts very smooth, it's got the oily vibe.
Very similar to the original Acqua Di Gio but less the fruity, citrus notes. Drydown is more woody, darker.

Sillage: 3-4 hours
Longevity: 6 hours

Wish it was more powerful but still well made.

Endymion
Endymion

@armaniboy: I'm with you!

Dirk

I think it is much the same but less sharp as original and a little bit more darker.
So for the ones who find the original too sharp.
This might be the perfect version of aqua di gio.
I think if my original version is empty i will go for this one.
Smells really fantastic imo.
I think Mr Morillas did an exellent job here!

ps. i tested it today here in Holland Ici Paris shop

Edit: got it on now for 3 and half hour and i think it smells more elegant than the original.
but after 2 hours i must say that i didnt smell much, but now i smell it quite well again.
the sillage isnt loud but i think its ok because i'm getting a whiff of it every now and then.

HAMED
HAMED

it's not the same as before, they took the rose !
the price is absurd , very expensive !!!!!

bambino_profumo
bambino_profumo

Now avaiable in Sepora.fr

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

je vien tout juste de l'essayer......c'est un tres tres beaux parfums sillage top .....longevité ...top...l'odeur mature pas de tout jeune a mon avis....un classique
je trouve que il est mieux que l'originale

julyjunenior
julyjunenior

I am on my 4th bottle now with Acqua Di Gio since 1996. The endearment have gone so deeply entwined. I won't last a summer's day without it. The reinterpretation is a welcome and digs up my interest because it's a formulation of the same great guy Morilla who made the original 1996 masterpiece. Said to be extremely intense promising to pump out carnal adrenalin, ADG Essenza must be a superpower explosive worth waiting.

I am ready to get stunned…!

Acqua di Gio Essenza by Giorgio Armani 4.32 out of 5 based on 680 ratings and 153 user reviews

Sephora.com, Inc.
Sephora.com, Inc.
Giorgio Armani Essenza 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Giorgio Armani Essenza 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Eau De Parfum 6oz
Acqua Di Gio Essenza Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Men
Perfume.com
Acqua Di Gio Essenza Cologne by Giorgio Armani - 6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Acqua Di Gio Essenza Cologne by Giorgio Armani - 6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
ACQUA DI GIO ESSENZA for MEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 6 OZ
ACQUA DI GIO ESSENZA for MEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 6 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Essenza fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Essenza, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Gio Essenza by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Gio Essenza by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.