Designers » F-H » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
smoky
Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Videos
Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Acqua di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Armani presented its popular masculine aquatic fragrance Acqua di Gio in 1996. Nearly 20 years later, a new version of the fragrance is launched—Acqua di Gio Profumo, elegant, airy and deep. The fragrance symbolizes the merging of sea waves with black rocks.

Acqua di Gio Profumo is an aquatic, aromatic, woody and spicy composition which is, like the original, signed by Alberto Morillas. It opens with fresh aquatic accord and bergamot. Its heart captures aromatic tones of geranium, sage and rosemary, laid on the base of patchouli and incense.

The face of the fragrance as well as of the new campaign for the original is Jason Morgan. It is available in black bottles of 40, 75 and 125 ml.

Acqua di Gio Profumo was launched in 2015.

Bergamot Sea Notes

Bvlgari Man Extreme

Acqua di Gio Profumo Fragrance Reviews

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I love Gio-Profumo on myself. It is calming. From the moment I wear it I feel composed and ready for the day, evening,night,whatever..Profumo is a aquatic fragrance.
both projection and longevity are huge.it is aromatic. it reminds me of Gio-essenza when it drydown,it is a excellent perfume for your summer,It's a good scent.

camposg

I revisited this today after hating it the first time I wore it. I preferred the masterpiece essenza but damn, I fell in love with this today. It is really a more modern take on essenza. Profumo is an absolute masterpiece great bottle and proof of how Alberto Morillas can take ADG that was already perfect but made better twice! If only fragrance houses would follow that man. He is worth his weight in gold. If you had to choose between profumo and essenza I would prefer profumo but I think both are bottle worthy I sense differences in both. It seems this will be my weapon for a very long time

Robwiz
Robwiz

I bought a small tester on the recommendation of a 'fraghead'. The start reminds me of Cointreau, with a strong hit of alcohol. It settles down to a balanced and sophisticated scent that's familiar but different. I don't really know what 'sea notes' smell like, but I don't get any imagery of the sea with this perfume. I get slightly floral, herbs and an earthy woodsy base. I'm going to finish the tester but I'm not wowed and don't think I'll buy it. I don't find it electrifying in the way some of my favourites were on first wearing.

mkpunk
mkpunk

This is an updated review so if you seen most of it before, I apologize. I have revised it with an expanded opinion.
I have the Geàu Black clone as produced by Belcam and so it maybe different than the normal.

I held off on posting my review on this scent early on (which is not the norm for me) mainly because I could not really get a feel for it. Now I can say there is no jive between me and the fragrance. The balsamic sea scent in this fragrance is not for me, especially when it becomes an incense heavy scent. I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it, until I double checked the notes and found there was incense in it. Then it clicked, it smelt like church. The burnt box smell others who didn't like the scent I think is pretty on the nose.

For those of you who wonder, I tried the Armani version in Sephora both on skin and paper. I can honestly say that the scent for the Belcam version and the original by Giorgio Armani are actually on point so I am glad that I tried the Belcam version first for 10% of the price in most places. I know it may in fact be not a popular decision but I don't think this is a good scent at least for me. That don't mean you can't enjoy the scent. I am not experiencing the long lasting scent others do but from my experience, the Belcams I have (I have four others mind you) do last as long as the average rating for the original of the other scents I have (Classic Match of Polo Blue, Red, and Supreme Oud as well as Drakkar Noir.) For me, this don't even really last a work day, dying off at 5 to 6 hours.

There are a few goods with this fragrance. First off, it is unique so if unique scents are your thing, get this if you haven't already. There is pretty good sillage for about 3 hours but it becomes a skin scent after that. I find 3 hours is the point sillage is a strong suit.

Geàu Black I have to rate a 5.8 for an OK scent but unlike other 5's, it does give pretty good sillage and OK length. This is higher than my original 5.3 upon second thought.

MrHonest
MrHonest

There have been so many great reviews for this cologne, that I've coveted it for months. BUT, before buying this stuff online, I decided I would try it on my skin FIRST.

Boy, am I glad I did, because on MY skin, this is just the worst airy, burnt cardboard smell you can get your nose on. And worse still, the smell doesn't change. It's literally like someone peed on burnt cardboard and squirted some lemon juice on it. Acqua di Piss.

And if right now, you're saying "WTF", then your reaction is the same as mine was. How could someone do that to the original ADG? Just...just terrible.

But heck, maybe your experience will be different. Maybe you'll enjoy this on your own skin. After all, there was a lot of hate for BDC and Sauvage, and that turned out pretty good for everybody right?

In summary - "Incensed"

> Blind buy at your own risk

voyage lover

Actually I dot like the opening that much but I adore when it dries down , very sophisticated scent , elegant and so classy
great projection and lasts at least 10 Hours .

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

I enjoy Aqua di Gio Profumo's EDP formulation. Acqua di Gio Profumo has a richer, darker, heavier, and fuller scent presentation than the original Aqua di Gio. Gone is the classic Peach opening. In it's place is a noticeable incense, Rosemary, and Bergamot opening to my nose.

Acqua di Gio Profumo's scent is clean, deep, rich, and sensual. It has a mature, masculine classiness and elegance with excellent projection and sillage on my skin.

The classic Aqua di Gio has now grown up with Profumo's formulation. The EDP lasts 8 hours on my skin with arm's length projection from 3 sprays for at least 5 hours.

I find ADG Profumo a well crafted and masterfully composed fragrance with a smooth, exquisitely blended note composition in line with Bleu de Channel Eau de Parfum.

ADG Profumo is a smooth operator that can be worn day or night. This is an elegant, sophisticated, warm, mildly seductive scent for mature men. Profumo is Aqua di Gio with a wolfish glint in it's eyes.

ADG Profumo instantly became a permanent staple in my fragrance collection.

Well done, Giorgio Armani!

dbarrymore21
dbarrymore21

This is great stuff. Smells amazing, performance is really good, compliments, what more can you ask for. It's made by Alberto Morillas and that guy is a genius when it comes to perfumes. Get a bottle for sure you won't regret.

lou6
lou6

What a lovely fragrance!Do you know someone who is younger than you but much more mature? Well this guy is ADG Profumo!
It start with the same orangy scent than the original butit evolve with a background of incense and patchouli.
Great longevity 10+hours
Good projection with 2 sprays
Great for office, clubbing and date night
Maybe too powerful for a day wear but great when it's hot outside and the temperature is cooling down (wow)
so spring and fall could be the best season to wear it
Huge compliment getter Even ''the day after'' with a lovely lady

simpa256

I wrote about this before but I have to again. Today, morning, I got up, sprayed this... first rays of sun, morning, and this. masterpiece!! Simply guys, worth every penny, forget almost all summer frags and get this. Invigorating, classy, casual... This screams class and nature, fits both sea cost, city, or woods. Every situation I can imagine. Every note is blended to perfection. Niche quality!!

David O'farrel

Beautiful fragrance! There's something in it that makes me sniffing myself again and again. Sometimes I ask: Who smells so good? Then I realize that it's me!

Sillage: Moderate
Longevity: 8-12 hours
Proyection: 09/10

Overall 10 out of 10

Masterpiece! highly recommended!!!

Note: it's a younger fragrance than it seems at the beggining.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

We can say that Acqua di Gio Profumo was the Bleu de Giorgio Armani.
Profumo is a blue version of the traditional undoubtedly Morillas managed to convey that this creation.
Obviously the dna of Acqua di Gio, with a balance in calone mixed with bergamot and marine chords, aldehydes perhaps, are the ones who bring this shade of blue in my mind, the sea, river, watery, that feeling, making this less fruity version and tempered perhaps spicy seasonings mentioned and slightly woody
Drying appears something incensed as Chanel mentioned, but more mineral here, it would be a current trend, but very pleasant and well built for sure, is not as synthetic as currently competing releases.

Rating: 8.5 / 10

PercivalGoldstone
PercivalGoldstone

@Francoparfum described this one perfectly.

Acqua di Gio Profumo is a delicious piece of candy. It's easy to fall in lust very quickly. I can see why all the Sephora salesperson would have to do is say "try this one" and watch it sell itself.

But, I would expect buyer's remorse to be common among enthusiasts. Profumo is not very complex and doesn't offer a big mess of ingredients to work your nose around. It's essentially the same from start to finish.

The scent itself is too close to original Acqua di Gio, you may as well just consider it a rebrand. Like CK One, it's waaaaaaay too well known to wear comfortably. And not in a... "I only love what's underground and cool" sort of way, but more because it will elicit comments like, "What is that? Is that that Armani stuff? They still make that? My 37 year old brother used to bathe in that in high school..."

joey991
joey991

Wow wow wow wow so so sophisticated man
I don't want to say sweet but I smell a nice nice note
I don't know what it is
Makes this really a amazing cologne
I'm so happy I purchased this

It has a little of Essenza which is even nice
But this is so new and has its own shine
Which I feel I will stand out even more

Sillage:9/10
Projects:9/10

Would give it all 10/10 if i get the 125ml bottle lol
Really works best in heat summer out
One of the best
This is already in my top 10 already
Even 5

abhijitborah87
abhijitborah87

sexy sexy sexy!!! no other words to compliment this fragrance. i was mesmerised by the scent of freshness and incency drydown which i like very much. its very good versetile scent which can be used all throughout the year round.
now i am waiting for125ml bottle to purchase. its bloodyhell good.

AdamovStefan
AdamovStefan

This fragrance is incredibly sexy to me. I really like its sharp, fresh, arrogant and youthful smell and it lasts more than 6 hours.

Score: 4.5/5

Sophisticated Redneck
Sophisticated Redneck

No resemblance whatsoever to Acqua di Gio. This is a much more well-developed, sophisticated fragrance for an older gentlemen. This is not a fragrance for adolescents or youth.

@tdwctdwc
I agree with everything you said but for the complexity, I think that it is quite complex, and the pyramid here is missing some notes, I don't know about the others but i catch traces of neroli, watermelon and tonka bean.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

I'm positively shocked by this release. This is unique and like nothing else out there in the designer game. But what's shocking is the quality of the ingredients used in it.

Wear this in the heart of a bone chilling winter and the rosemary/sage combo will jump off your skin. Wear this in the midst of a heat wave and the incense/patchouli combo will dance beautifully. That to me is a great sign about the quality of notes used, hence they react with the skin depending on weather conditions just as a natural oil would.

It's not too complex. It's basically a herbal aquatic incense with hints of patchouli in the drydown but it's beautiful, smooth, bold and unique.

Honestly, i think it deserves the higher-than-usual price tag.

augustya
augustya

Between the Aqua Di Gio Profumo and the Boucheron for Men which do you guys think smell better and have better long lasting power.

fabG
fabG

bought this after spraying it on my wrist and digging the opening. by the time i got home though it had morphed into a scent that i have smelled countless times and way before this came out. its an ok fragrance with very good performance but the dry down is not for me.

i dont see any resemblance to the original for the exemption that they are both aquatic. i find the clear bottle one to be more daytime and summery and this profumo a more mature scent that dries down to something boring and completely different from the former
scent:6.5/10
sillage:7.5/10
duration:9/10

Jim5150
Jim5150

I love this juice. On my second bottle. Not gonna bore you with my take on the notes. Smells like the original, but with outstanding longevity and silage. Wore it to work a couple days ago after not wearing it for a while. I received at least 7 or 8 compliments within the first 10 minutes. It smells very clean and fresh, and if that's your thing, this is the one for you. No cloying sweetness here.

Robert Goode
Robert Goode

A "Summer Heater"...Any day....All day....Every day in the hottest of the hottest of summer days..
Near the ocean or pool even better!

Beautiful designer fragrance and scent in my opinion ..projects well and lasts!!

TheSeanPaul
TheSeanPaul

This for me is an instant classic, I love this scent, I prefer it to the original, The longevity and projection of the scent is just much better. I think it is a fresh clean scent that is great for high heat, cool nights and you could feasibly wear this anytime of the year and get away with it. Just a gorgeous creation and it is a great flanker to add to the collection. Love wearing this to work, I just feel clean, fresh and confident.

Overall - 8.5 out of 10

Scent - 9 out of 10
Projection - 8 out of 10
Sillage - 8 out of 10
Longevity - 9 out of 10

voyage lover

Great One but needs more citrus .

Francoparfum
Francoparfum

Mmm, this is alright.

So at first I thought this is sort of like a slick confident guy in his late thirties with a leather jacket and a 2 day stubble on his face that reads children's books to his nefews and dates pretty smart ladies kind of smell.

After a few days of wearing this, I realize that it is more of a cool and suave 23 year old with a leather jacket that impresses you at first but after a while you realize he is a bit shallow and inexperienced in life and needs to wait a decade before pretending to be someone.

Score: 79.9%
Proverbs 27:9

Leekenn
Leekenn

Personally, I prefer the original but am glad to have this one too. For reference, it's perhaps a little dryer, a stronger 'salty' note, but I get less longevity out of this one.

Jaradona

I agree with the ones saying that this one is better than the original, the opening is promising with citrus, fresh and a bit woody notes, and there's something rubbery here, not sure what it is though, but it is cool.
the dry down is not cool as the opening, the cause is a synthetic note of something like ambroxan or maybe iso e super?
anyway when i first tried it year ago i didn't like it but now i learnt how to admire it.
One more thing.. I disagree with reviews comparing this to Chanel Bleu.. this smells nothing like Bleu.
just because this has dark bottle and has citrus notes doesn't mean it resemble Bleu, each one of them has its different signature.

artpipe
artpipe

Salt, salt and more salt. I really want to like this frag but it's just not happening. The original is great but this one is too... "intense" is the only word I can think of. It's a little too rich in all the wrong ways.

marwa
marwa

This is a good example of a flanker getting better than the original juice, so is Essenza. In this fragrance they have kept the good, got rid of the boring and added something new. I found original adg to fresh, flowery and a bit boring, but I think this is great!

guidance101
guidance101

One of my favourite fragrance in my collection, fresh notes and projection for me is really good on my skin. I received compliments with this from both men and women as it left a trail, possibly I may have sprayed too much haha but none the less it was also chosen and loved by the girlfriend too. No regrets and excellent fragrance

Rating from 9/10

WoodySpicy
WoodySpicy

Not worth the price.
Not a bad perfume, but definitely not worth the price.
Blind bought it due to the hype, but sold it the same week for a 15% discount.

kjekkas_alex@hotmail.com

Good projection and longevity for a fresh scent and a definite compliment getter. Quite spicy, fresh and complex. An upgrade from the original Acqua di Gio. Plus for cool looking bottle.

Rating 9/10

safyras
safyras

Almost the same juice, but a different bottle. I like Essenza better. Profumo though - not worth it. Absolutely not worth it.

PraiseHim
PraiseHim

It is very tough to find a fragrance that goes with those hot summer nights but, this one just kills it.

Cancerian1978
Cancerian1978

I just recieved a bottle that I bought from amazon on a blind buy that I will never regret. It is a wonderful scent and worth every penny. Fresh, aquatic, citrusi reminds more with Chanel Allure Sport but with no pepper punching your nose.

Kraemer
Kraemer

Every man needs a "safe" fragrance. One that suits multiple occasions, is inoffensive, and lasts all day without the hassle of reapplication. This is one of those scents. In fact, the original EDT is timeless.

This one is pretty straightforward, and its simplicity is its greatest asset. This timeless scent of citrus and ocean water remains fairly linear and is instantly recognizable.

It's a safe choice to wear at work, at a nightclub, or on more formal occasions. It has the perfect amount of silage and easily lasts 8+ hours. The Profumo edition smells richer and has greater depth.

8/10 recommended!

marioslg3
marioslg3

Stronger version of the original and essenza...nothing far away from those two...i dont understand why so much love for this like being something unique.

manu.tq
manu.tq

@msajoy . In my experience with this fragrance, it has an average longevity and projection. not at all beast mode. This is quite a laid back fragrance and won't scream your presence when you enter a room.
Furthermore, when it comes to compliments, "zero complaints" doesn't necessarily mean that ladies love it. They rather don't have an opinion about it.

I recommend people to try this fragrance first, because you might end up disliking it. Especially the sea notes opening which has a strong algae character. Not everyone's cup of tea.

msajoy
msajoy

smell:one of the best top notes in designer game
lasting power:beast mode
projection:it projects like really strongly
price: higher side, but worth every penny
drydown: definitely not cheap or synthetic like perry ellis red as i read somewhere
complements factor: zero complains, ladies love this
buy/try/pass: just get it, it will do the hardest battles for you in summer days, no worries
overall score: 10/10

bigbz
bigbz

Just tried Profumo for the first time last night and this is a wonderful take on the original IMHO. It's long lasting and smells a bit deeper/mysterious/sexier/slightly more serious than the #1 all time best seller it clearly mimics.

Longevity seems at the very least above average. To my nose this is a MUCH better release than Essenza both in terms of smell and longevity. Essenza contained a terrible and off-putting note in the composition.

Fantastic release from Armani!!!

mhiregoudar
mhiregoudar

Just another aquatic fragrance with some incense (trying to copy the trend set by BDC) in the market already flooded with aquatics.

Nothing new here.

Projection : 7/10
Longevity: 8+ hours

fred.joan
fred.joan

The opening is veery elegant, very unique. strong and sexy fragrance. wao amazing opening. what i got some dissapointment was in the drydown. is turns to be exactly the same as aqua di gio without the marine note. let me tell you. the dry down if this and perry ellis 360 red is the same. exactly the same. for the performance. well not the best. but not to bad.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :8/10
60% day/ 40% night fragrance

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

2 or 3 sprays on my arm in Boots.
Smells fantastic, and I keep getting "reminders" all afternoon, sitting out in the sun.
I was going to buy Suavage, but although this is on my other arm, in far more copious quantities from a decant, It's ADG Profumo that has the continued presence whilst Sauvage is a mere inferior skin scent.
My wife prefers ADG Profumo, I prefer it, and I think that this could become a signature. No mean feat, when I have such a large collection.
Fantastic scent, and great quality and performance. 9.5 out of 10 in all departments!
I've ordered a full bottle, needless to say :-)
Full bottle here. This projects all evening (6 sprays) which, for me is no mean feat not many of my Western scents are capable of that, with honourable exceptions such as Dior Homme Intense, Prada Luna Rossa Extreme, and Dueto Golden Boy. This most certainly doesn't mean that it's loud and obnoxious, it's more refined and sophisticated. A bit expensive to say the least, but does what a scent is supposed to do!
So incredibly pleased with this :-)

I like it.
Plain and simple, Intenso starts out with a positive patchouli which is unusual as a top note (Well...considering what else is going on in this fragrance.) The patch isn't thick or chunky either...it's just... there. This lends an interesting, earthy, vibe which is also dancing with salty, sea like aquaticism, totally in keeping with the originals, misty, Lemon/Calone molecule DNA, which is pretty much the base note and dries down pretty familiar in that regard.
This is a clever tweak to the formula as essenza was, and serves to add more sophistication, modernizing, and bringing ADG out of the 90's & into more contemporary territory. The bottle looks good in black too and although I haven't tested Profumo extensively, I found the performance wasn't quite as good as the original, although very respectable.
I'd wear this but I kinda like the synthetic sledgehammer that is the original Acqua Di Gio and I don't wear it for being refined or sophisticated but I understand why some would and many prefer this one and Essenza...I won't be buying a bottle though.

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

It smells like the clean skin of a Man after coming out of Bath!!

ADG Profumo, is one of the rare aquatic perfumes, which remaining definitely aquatic does not reminds me of Marine Entities. Surprisingly, it evokes the image of Himalayas within me, like having a Bath, in Hot Water inside a Buddhist Monastery Guest House, after a Long Trek. You feel calm, composed, thrilled by your past few days’ experience. You get the smoke of the Incense burning in the Monastery Prayer Hall…Your skin feels fresh…You look forward toward the Green Mountains.

On technical Ground ADG Profumo, starts with Aquatic notes quickly joined by Incense and Green Spices. All the notes, then play in sync, creating an overall effect of Calmness. The Blend is undoubtedly Applaud Worthy. Texture is Matte and Not Shiny. Dry Downs to a Full Bodied Semi-Bitter Incense.

Overall a very well-crafted and unique Aquatic, which though remains Pleasant, but does not gets generic.

Sillage: Moderate
Longevity on My Skin: Approx 8 Hours
Longevity on Fabric: Approx 8 Hours
Occasion: Best for Office in Summer Days.

Chioutzu
Chioutzu

This basically smells like when i put on adg and at the end of the day its mixed with my natural b.o.

I dont understand why you would pick this over the original. This has a cheap navy axe smell in the drydown.

Good fragrance but definitely not better than original.

TheFragranceBoss
TheFragranceBoss

Just tested it today. The opening is rather nice but after it, I'm not a fan. It doesn't smell bad or anything but I'm really not a fan of the salty/marine vibe of this one.
Longevity and sillage are great though.

aavvtomjerry@gmail.com

The original is the most favorite perfume for myself since the first year it was launch. When I smell it I try to find what perfume is and decide to buy my first bottle of perfume in my life. You can understand how I feel with this smell.
I decide to buy the Profumo after try (with very limit time to try) and think this is one level upper of the original one. The first day I use it, very disappoint. Too strong to use. Use it only one time and return to the drawer and never use it.

ok there is a lot going on with this one. im not very familiar with the original ADG, so I wont be doing any comparisons. This has a dark aura around it and I totally dig it because it works in the summer or spring. It has a salty/algae aspect to it that makes you think of waves crashing against rocks at the beach but also has a smoky part to it probably due to the incense and this lends to it being a darker fragrance. Behind it all to me, is a minty/menthol smell which im not really sure if its an actual note in it or not but I can definitely smell it. This almost makes it a cooling smell. Now I know all of these notes and scents that I detect probably don't seem like they would go together well but they do, its a well-blended fragrance. as for performance its pretty solid. on skin it lasts a good 6-7ish hours and on clothing of course a whole lot longer. for a scent that's this dark its quite amazing they can get it to fit the summer vibe and also have great longevity. its projection is about average which isn't really a complaint, people will notice you with it but as long as you don't go overboard with sprays it isn't a sillage monster. overall I most definitely recommend, I love the dark aspect of it. to sum it up think of sitting on the beach salty waves crashing on the rocks and some incense burning in the background.. while chewing minty gum.
9.3/10
longevity: 8.4/10
sillage: 7.9/10
scent: 9.7/10

BurtReynolds
BurtReynolds

What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be! Any time I'm sampling a flanker I have low expectations. Especially a flanker of a classic scent that's been around for some time.

I for one am a big fan of AdG. I have been since I first smelled it and I'm sure I always will be. It just works well on my skin and is a classic for a reason. When I read reviews about this having a similar smell I wondered what, if any, differences would it have. Obviously that AdG DNA is present in the Profumo version, but there's nuances to this that make it worth owning both.

That incense note gives it a rich smokey smell that makes it even more sexy than the original. And the performance! It works so well, on my skin at least. 6+ hours later and I'm still getting whiffs of it. I guess that is to be expected with a parfum.

Well done Armani. My one and only complaint is the price, but I feel this is one of those times where you're really getting your money's worth. I'm going to be buying a bottle of this asap.

AndiJ10
AndiJ10

Really great fragrance. Has taken Acqua di Gio original DNA to a next level,a bit more herbal and spicy/smoky which feels more classy and more mature ! Totally recommend it !

iwhiffwaft
iwhiffwaft

To me, this is a sophisticated scent. When I hear people say stuff like, "it has the Acqua Di Gio DNA", I think it's going to smell a lot like Acqua Di Gio. That's wrong to me. This doesn't smell like Acqua Di Gio. It almost seems woodsy. It's not for light casual wear. I can't really think of anything it smells like to compare it to. Maybe, a little bit of the dark vibe smokey Aventus might get you. I can see it being worn in the same circumstances as Bleu De Chanel, Polo Black, John Varvatos, Sauvage, and Royal Oud. This cologne is for the guy who wears a suit and isn't trying to smell like the ocean, or summer. This is the best cologne around because of what it represents to me.

I am surprised nobody mentioned the similarities to L'Eau Bleue d'issey pour homme by Issey Miyake. Wow too damn close. I blind bought ADG Profumo (75ml) with a totally different expectation to what I experienced. Luckily for me L'Eau Bleue d'issey pour homme is my signature scent, so I will layer it together with ADG Profumo on some occasions.

Great scent, but not "new" or "unique" at all....

Francisstof
Francisstof

This is a great fragrance. My signature scent actually. A really classy take on the original. I really like Giorgio Armani's Profumo flankers. I have noticed that in warm weather the aquatic and citrus notes are more noticable and the spicier notes and incense stand out better when in a colder climate. This is a very versatile fragrance to me personally. You can get away with it in most circumstances. BTW, it screams "Classy" and "Success" to me.

I have had great compliments. THE prettiest girl in my school greeted me and said. "Oh wow, you smell amazing!" I was pretty impressed by the longevity too, but that was to be expected, it is a EDP afterall. It may be a classy and manly fragrance that anyone from 16-80 will be able to pull off. Again. Girls really really love this. Sillage is also above average. Every time I wear it I just want more. This is a masterpiece.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Only had a quick try of this. Seems to be a potent, spicy and fresh scent. Smells lovely.

Hsk
Hsk

This just reminds me of my first ever bottle of scent i ever purchased which was the original ADG in 1998(100ml) and then second bottle in year 2000, in those days that was the Aventus of the clubs along side with Issey Miyake which i loved also, now both are bombed with reformulation to stone age ... I just bought a 125ml of Profumo for 90 euros from Mueller Drugeria and must say its over priced but still worth as remind me my golden days with teen chics.
I like that incense note in it as it makes it more classy and formal on the other hand the Vintage ADG was more casual cus of the sharp citrus note for younger crowd 18 to 25 yr old but this one can be easily pulled out by any age cus of that deep rich feel..

EDIT: I liked it quite much so therefore bought another bottle of this (75ml Backup) before they reformulate it to water (bastards)

Unfinished
Unfinished

I am not a big fan of Armani fragrances in general..but this one is a really exquisite fragrance with a hint of mystery.

RodMessAnd
RodMessAnd

A little bit more mature version and less versatile than the original Acqua di Gio. On the other hand, it's more sophisticated. Longevity is awesome (at least 12 hours). Projection is pretty decent too. Although it is a expensive fragrance, considering that it is a designer fragrance, Acqua di Gio Profumo worth your money. Just don't do a blind buy, try it first.

Michaezra
Michaezra

This smells like a more refined version of the original. Where the first one reminded me of the beach, this one reminds me of an Italian grotto for some reason. It's more vegetal and less citrusy smelling. I get some spicyness too. Would smell amazing in the summer dressed up or casual. One of the best releases in the past year.10/10

Lightning
Lightning

This is just Acqua di Gio with a bunch of patchouli and stuff added. Needless to say I liked original Acqua di Gio because it's cleaner and purer.

If you want an intense version of Aventus that's spicier and more masculine, go with Perry Ellis 360 Red all the way.

coasterfan
coasterfan

Just received a bottle of this today. It smells quite nice, but seems awful weak for an EDP. Price is really high, too. I probably won't purchase this again as there are better options out there.

WhiteDeath
WhiteDeath

Beautiful summer scent. I mostly get the herbal (rosemary/ sage) notes - very reminiscent of summer on a sea coast, but in a different way than the original - I don't find them that similar. This is more herbal/ less watery in comparison to the original.

Awesome performance for a summer scent - lasts easily 8 hours with a decent projection.

Onajbosanac
Onajbosanac

Great Great Great Summer Scent,excellent performance and longevity for a fresh fragrance! I Like the original ADG but didnt play well with my skin and now i tried this one and its just a great smell and worthy of purchase for my collection. Only negative thing is the price but lucky for me i work in a fragrance shop so i get discounts. Lets just say it comes in handy especially when the price is a little much.

Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 8/10
Overall: 9/10
Well done Armani

Saru21
Saru21

Smells like a mixture between the original Acqua di Gio and Bleu de Chanel. Pretty much ark oceanic notes with some smoky incense in the background. Despite that, it overall feels surprisingly soft and airy. Couldn't really smell it on myself, but I think it was more due to olfactory fatigue. It's a good scent, but I still prefer the original.

warrioromar
warrioromar

Worth every penny! who said Acqua can not be sophisticated, Alberto Morillas answered with this Juice, it is fun, elegant, good performer, compliment getter, real 10/10 cologne for a man who love to have fun, and keep it cool in every situation!

simpa256

The problems I had with Acqua Di Gio was always it's longevity. Even with Essenza. But I tried this one at the department store and boy was I blown away!!! What I dislike about Di Gio is that orange note mixed with sea note. It simply doesn't fit me. But this... this on my skin is rosemary ll the way.

It starts off uber fresh, like a beach fresh, sea with citrus and a touch of rosemary. Something extraordinary beautiful. After half an hour citrus dies down and it's rosemary with patchouli all the way but still having that piercing freshness.

I fell in love with it and it's one of those scents that are done just perfectly. Accord I disliked in original and Essenza aren't here but everything I love about Original, is here and is enhanced. This lasts easily 8 hours, and on clothe even more. I loved it from start to finish and it's how I love my scents to be... for me to fall in love with them from start to finish without waiting a certain amount of time for a specific note to become prominent.

This does have Originals DNA but it is quite different from it. Original was more sea and fruits and this is more sea citrus and rosemary. Is it in the same league as Dior Sauvage and Bleue De Chanel? Definitely!! If you love either one of those 3, you can't go wrong. For me it is this, then Bleue, then Saugvage but in no way is the difference between them big. You won't go wrong with either one, it's just what you prefer in a smell and how does those 3 preform on your skin. For me, this is better that the two other and way better than the original ADG and Essenza.

Molko
Molko

If you like the original ADG you'll be satisfied. The smell is the same, but more dense, the performance is very good, moderate to heavy sillage and long lasting. Unfortunately I don't like this scent, too masculine and bitter, nothing sweetness just salty fresh aquatic stuff. I don't wanna smell this on men neither. It's classic and mature, not enough modern, I prefer more Dior homme sport/Armani code sport among of the "aquatic" groups.

shaqkei
shaqkei

i have ADG and ADG profumo both in my collection.
im not expert in describe scent.however, i can make a conclusion that ADG profumo have similar dna to ADG edt. it just more deep.more citrusy.
in term of scent, i still prefer the ADG original.

rrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrr

When i first smelled it I was immediately impressed. The opening reminded me of the "it" factor that some fragrances have, e.g.: Terre d'hermes. It had that fresh and strong opening that is very masculine and confident. The longevity and projection are very good. Easily lasted 10 hours. Not a skin scent at all. Very "airy".

However, after a few hours of wearing the fragrance, it started to nauseate me. My girlfriend said exactly the same. I have never had that feeling with any other fragrances, especially with fresh aquatics! I could not understand what was the reason behind it.... Maybe its the oceanic note mixed with incense...

Overall, the fragrance is really really impressive. Potentially a classic and I my opinion it should not be called just a flanker of ADG. There is much more to it. Unfortunately I can't wear it.

If it would not nauseate me, it would be a 10/10.

Overall:

Smell - 10
Longevity - 9
Projection - 8

nathanlm
nathanlm

this is a wonderful summer fragrance,i enjoyed every moment of this bottle. the only comments i got from any fragrance i wore at work, besides my gf. this shit left a trail wherever i went n a lady asked if that was me. another guy said it was machine.

djews
djews

The incense takes a long time to come through, around two hours or so. Prior to that I was contemplating whether I had to buy a bottle or not but the incense doesn't work in this one for me.
It left me a little sad because the opening is very acqua di gio'ish then it starts evolving deeper and deeper, it's a beautiful ride, very very nice indeed. Then all of a sudden something hit me and it didn't 't sit right, the incense.
Don't get me wrong, it's not particularly unpleasant by any means but I just think it might be slightly over done, it is after all a very decent fragrance, but when a company has a masterpiece like essenza sitting right beside it well it's probably a hiccup that you can't get away with.
My only comparison would be Allure Extreme from Chanel. They're not similar fragrances at all but the company tried to do the same thing. They brought something to a well known line up that was deeper and warmer. Fortunately Chanel got it right and that's why I love Allure Extreme so much.
Just my two cents.

corsario
corsario

Outro perfume que também não consta da minha coleção. Pretendo no futuro comprar uma garrafa. Vamos ver se os preços diminuem um pouco. Por enquanto não tenho condições para a compra.

heckoez
heckoez

i like the top note. salty, citric, aquatic. but the middle en base note kinda boring scent. very sour, lack of depth. but a nice summer fragrance anyway...cocok utk iklim Indonesia

Natan123
Natan123

The openning is good, but the drydown on me I could not stand. It smells very cheap and synthetic. The worst of the entire line.

speqx
speqx

This flanker manages to maintain the Acqua Di Gio DNA. It's a bit difficult to tell apart from Essenza however when you spray & compare them side by side you can start noticing the nuances. This one is more masculine & Essenza is more floral. Essenza's projection is stronger though

Romain shk
Romain shk

ok ok ok an ok performer strong DNA of ADG EDT/Essenza but this one has something in it which is very strange and puts me off, it is lacking character very badly, i do not know why is that , longevity and projection is avg/below not as good as Essenza, i guess it is just overrrrrr priced for no reason, i guess i will not buy any more, i have both Essenza and profumo , i did many side by side trial and i will prefer Essenza cus of its sharpness and richness !

longevity 6/10 for 5 to 6 hours

projection 5.5/10 for 1.5 to 2 hours arm length then skin play

Scent 5/10 Same EDT/EDP DNA But very blunt may be this crappy balsamic.

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

Suavely satisfied with this one , I think it works well in winter too , works best in all occasions

raef_sherif
raef_sherif

The Essenza is much more louder and lasts much longer than this over priced one

smt
smt

آکوا دی جیو پروفومو با رایحه خنک و شیرین ، نسخه مردونه تر و دودی شده جیو اسنزا

استارت رایحه با بوی دلپذیر و فرحبخش برگاموت شروع میشه که همانند نسخه اسنزا در بستری روایح آکواتیک قرار داره اما به مراتب قابل قبولتر و با شیرینی کمتر
یه تفاوت دیگه شون تو همین شروع کار قدرت پراکندگی کمتر این نسخه نسبت به اسنزاست که یه دلیلش میتونه عدم حضور فلفل تو این نسخه باشه

به فاصله کمی و با اضافه شدن روایح فلورال وارد نت میانی میشه ، حضور شمعدانی و بخور مقداری گرمای خفیف به زمینه کار اضافه میشه ، برعکس نسخه اسنزا که تو رایحه میانی کار بسمت زنانه شدن میره اینجا هویت مردونه تری میگیره

همچنین با وجود رزماری یه حس گیاهی تو رایحه ایجاد میشه که با قویتر شدن بخور و حضور ضعیف نعنا هندی کار حالت دودی تر و سنگینتری میگیره و تا پایان ادامه میده

نسخه پروفومو از لحاظ رایحه یه قدم رو به جلو در مقایسه با نسخه اسنزا به حساب میاد اما ضعف بزرگش ماندگاری و پخش به مراتب ضعیفترش هست

با تمامی این اوصاف اینکار ارزش قیمتی که روش گذاشتند رو نداره و با این پول کارای به مراتب بهتری رو میشه تهیه کرد
ماندگاری حدود ۵ ساعت ، پخش متوسط ، بدون محدودیت سنی و پوششی

jackfort
jackfort

Good fragrance but overpriced for what it is...

anurag
anurag

Very OKK scent.The bottle is cool.
I had really high expectations from this one but was disappointed.
N its too expensive.I prefer the original one. Or may be it doesn't suite me.. :(

swapnil.bhorunde
swapnil.bhorunde

WHAT AN FRAGNANCE GUYS..AWESOME..AGD PURFUMO IS BEST IN ALL PERFUMES OF ARMANI HOUSE ..LONG LASTING ,HEAVY SILLAGE AND VERY FRESH UNIQUE SMELL..I LOVED IT..

fisken23
fisken23

ADG combined with Polo Blue, thats what I get the first hour. Not bad, not bad at all!

lovetribe
lovetribe

The best summer scent after crave. What performance!

jotalopez
jotalopez

Armani is not my cup of tea but Acqua dio Gio Profumo is by far one of the best men's scents launched so far this year. Undoubtedly it has the same vibe as ADG Essenza, however this edition is better in so many ways. I tried this out yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased with its longevity, about 8 hours on my skin and that's a lot of time since I smoke. At first I was impressed by the resemblance to L'Eau Bleue d'Issey but as the juice settled down I noticed a mentol-like note that reminds me of D&G's Living Stromboli. Except for the notes of bergamot and rosemary I wasn't able to recognize any of the notes above mentioned. IMO Acqua di Gio Profumo stands out from the sea of flankers out there, this one is simply stunning.

LadeJinadu
LadeJinadu

great scent.. love the reincarnation of this classic scent, still has that feel good vibe.. great beach scent if u like sun and sand..

longevity still very poor but better than the original.. sillage much better..

all round an okay perfume to always have around.. kinda like chanel allure homme sport..

fhr
fhr

i do have the original and the Essenza, and can say that it does not gives more to Essenza... it is smoky, but not having more longevity and - for me - that smokiness is not an addition what i do appreciate. so I will stay at the first two...

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

What is this crap? It smells like a lantana bush. Barf.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

I don't see a lot of similarities between this and the original ADG. ADG Perfumo is dark, yet not bitter. More sophisticated, and deeper. I probably wouldn't during hot days. You know how some scents make you and people around you happier? Well, ADG Perfumo doesn't. It gives people around you a feeling that you are some how special, deep, and sophisticated.

dtsang97
dtsang97

Gives off a fresh salty, aquatic beach vibe. Excellent longevity and projection. It is also quite a versatile scent.

Overall 4/5

froogle_jimmy
froogle_jimmy

This is a nice fresh scent. I dont own the original Acqua di Gio and I have heard they are fairly similar. I really enjoy the lime notes in this one and if the price wasn't so high I may even contemplate purchasing it.

MehrSD
MehrSD

This is a good fragrance, although it has not fulfilled my desire at all. It opens with citrus and floral scent. Bergamot is the only ingredient of citrus note and after a while, all the scent that i can feel is floral scent. I suppose it is a lot of geranium and rosemary scent. This part is the main note of this perfume which is likable. I can't smell the incense note, but Patchouli does exist.
With no doubt this perfume is for summer and spring. I don't think it is wearable for any occasion and for daily use. It is suits for dating and visiting a girl. For office, it is a bit informal.
I think this fragrance fits young people (less than 40 years of age).
The projection is moderate and the longevity is good (less than 6 hours). After 3 hours, I think the projection decreases significantly and I can smell the scent just near to my skin.
All in all, i like the scent, but it is not my favorite. I like it just for putting on in some occasion.

camposg

This smells like essenza but darker, more formal, elegant. There's a note in here I don't like. Its different enough to own but I prefer essenza. Performance was great. Thumbs up for that. Can't go wrong with ADG

Zazenh
Zazenh

I really love this one. The reviewer below Guinea54 who said this is a mix between ADG and Bleu de Chanel, I say, you're spot on my friend. This is exactly what I get as well.

It has the fresh aquatic of ADG and the incense of Bleu de Chanel, and both have citrus. All I can say is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful . It is elegant, fresh, and "woodsy" it has depth for an aquatic. It is very versatile and you could wear this for any occasion really. I think this is for anyone over 25 year of age as it has that elegant touch, due to the incense. I think this belongs in any fragrance collection as it's signature scent worthy and to the men that don't collect fragrances, they could just wear this and it would be enough.

I believe in this way, it is similar to Bleu de Chanel in that it has mass appeal, AND done right, versatility with a very nice scent. Nothing ground breaking, but is enough to do the job. I will definitely get this for my collection.

Overall score: 8/10

carera
carera

I didnt smell incense on it even in base notes .

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I managed to spray a few squirts of this new Acqua Di Gio Profumo on my wrist while at a profumeria so this is my first impression.. Aqua Di Gio Profumo opens up very fresh and very reminiscent of the original Aqua Di Gio, and the Essenza flanker.. Profumo contains all the DNA of the original, so this Profumo is without a doubt still 100% Acqua Di Gio.. The aquatic accords are quite strong just as they are in the original, and they last throughout the whole scent.. There is a hint of bergamot in the opening but there is not as much citrus in this one as there is in the original.. A herbal heart takes over the fragrance with a very strong rosemary note which smells pretty unique, and adds a mature touch to the fragrance.. Profumo stays very fresh and aquatic throughout but it definitely is a bit darker and warmer than the others in the line.. A very nice incense note lingers throughout this fragrance which adds something different and interesting to this new Acqua Di Gio.. There is also a very mild patchouli note in the base, along with the incense.. I am not a huge Acqua Di Gio fan, but I have worn it in the past.. If I ever do decide to add a Acqua Di Gio to my collection than I think this will be the one, because Profumo is definitely more appealing to my nose than the others..

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

This fragrance is very similar to perfume Giorgio Armani essenza
But then smoky scent will be combined with the previous notes
after 30 min so you will feel rosemary scent who it is like L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake.

And finally, you will feel a smell like wild plants .Such as Narciso rodrigez for him edt base notes or The smell of wild plants that grow in the mountains who will be combined with previous notes.

so this is cool , aromatic , tart , and some Bitter .

هنگام تست خیلی زود شما رو یاد سری های قبلی آکوا میندازه
ولی بعد از حداکثر 30 دقیقه یه عطر جدیدتر میشه

همون اسنزا رو تجسم کنید که دودی شده و بعد از 20 تا 30 دقیقه بوی مشخص رزماری بهش اضافه میشه و عطر رو گیاهی میکنه
بعد 1 ساعت یه نت های گیاهی دیگه هم اضافه میشه که دقیقا نمیدونم چی هستند ولی خیلی آشناست برای من چون این نوع بوها رو در کوه میان گیاهان وحشی حسشون کردم و این بوی گیاهی شما رو یاد سنگ و کلوخ میندازه خیلی خوبه
مثل نت نهایی نارسیس رودریگز ادوتویلت
همین روایح با بوی مرکباتی که از اول مهمون ماست ترکیب میشن و به همین صورت هم تا آخر ادامه میدن
یعنی ترش و تلخ و کمی دودی و گیاهی

ماندگاری خوبی داره و پخش بوی نسبتا خوبی داره ولی بیشتر متوسط هست به نظرم

اکبند این عطرو برای فروش دارم
125 میل
قیمت 380000
علاقه مدان پیام بفرستند

cancerian
cancerian

This is pretty good.Smooth and not overpowering.Not unique though.Safe to use for any occasion.The price is a little high.I would prefer the original ADG over this.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

A real flanker of the original ADG, preserving freshness and sea note and adding aromatic complexity and a joyfull bergamot. Well crafted by the same nose.

Nice for ADG lovers, it is still a crowd pleaser but hey, if you don't care about smelling unique and like this frag, go for it !

henriques
henriques

The sea in the evening!
The sea started to getting warmer and darker!

I could say this is almost an innovation in the aquatic/marine type of fragrance.
For casual summer nights mostly!

David O'farrel

ADGP it's like taking the best from the Original and Essenza versions to reach the perfection. I still have those 2 previous versions.

Definitelly I'll buy the 125ml bottle!

zahidbalushi
zahidbalushi

I am in love with this, I owned essenza as well but this one is Much long lasting than ADGE two thumbs up... BDC can't breathe this one

jovejove
jovejove

This is the number one selling fragrance in the world for men year to date. It's surpassed 'Blah' de Chanel.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I used to love the original Acqua di gio and wore it regularly. But as time passed, I forgot about it and strayed to new grounds and other good aquatics. However, Profumo has reminded me of how much I loved the original.

Despite smelling nearly the same, I find the original a lot better! Maybe is just nostalgia, but I think that the original is sharper and fresher.

Decidedly, Profumo was made to be the night time equivalent of the original and it succeeds. It's smoother and classier. You can wear it to a VIP event unlike the original!

All in all, a very good flanker. Showing the darker side of the bright original. 7.5/10

SDavis93
SDavis93

Was really anticipating this! And man was I let down :( I loved Essenza almost as much as the original! But as someone stated this is watered down Essenza! Without the sharp citrus calone smell but more musk,insense kind of not really!It does have good projection for the first hour but after it remains this bland musky skin scent like how essenza would smell if you got a whiff of it lingering on your jumper after a few days! I thought Essenza was a genuine attempt to make improvements on the original by Armani but this seems like a money grab for the Essenza fan boys. Overall it's alright worth a one off sniff! Nothing to run home about 6/10

XLsizeNoodle
XLsizeNoodle

It's not bad, but I don't think it's good enough, it smells like so many other fragrances and it doesn't do it better than them. It's an expensive White Musk Sport, I don't really think it's worth the money, you can find as good as or better for much less.

The Oracle
The Oracle

Ignore the critics on here. "Profumo" is a fine cologne, and smells like clean man and fresh sea air. This is a compliment-getter from the ladies.

I would say "Profumo" is best suited for men in their late 20's or older, and who feel confident and comfortable in their own skin.

dda
dda

To me, Profumo smells like Essenza re-wrapped in a darker bottle. Which is not a bad thing if you, like myself, really like Essenza. But if you already got it i would not recommend blind-buying this one, you'll get disappointed by the similarity

mshilov
mshilov

Profumo? C'mon... To be true, even Essenza was not needed. Original creation is much better then all it's successors, same story with many other famous fragrances (Fahrenheit, Eau Sauvage, Le Male). The only reason for all this 'creativity' is sales & marketing. So don't be fooled by all these 'brand new' concepts and images: the great perfumes of the past are still unbeatable.

G-Zus
G-Zus

Not a fan of the original ADG, and not even so much for Essenza although it's an improvement, but I'm loving this one. Does this resemble an aquatic Aventus to anyone else? Bergamot, Patchouli, and the Smoky/Spicy Incense...

Dirk
Dirk

@warrioromar
the salesperson told you it is 90% concentration.
uhm... 90% of what?
if it is a perfume it will be like 20 - 40 % aromatic compounds maximum.
I think this salesperson is really only want to sell it, and not giving correct info.
which is in the long run a bad thing for him or her imo.

alabangcute
alabangcute

it's just smells like the original and only lasts longer. it actually smells like essenza.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Just got a bottle. Nothing grounbreaking but still very good. Ill draw comparisons of the 2 latter versions w/ the original
Essenza: Sharper, More citrus and woody. More invigorating.
Profumo: Smoother, more balsamic than citrus. Not as floral/soapy as the Original. The 'Introverted' version of Acqua.
All in all, it takes a connoisseur to really tell the difference. Curiosity and marketing will persuade those connoisseurs to pay up for Profumo and good marketing alone will persuade the mainstream with the new sleek bottle.
It isnt worth the price of 90+, it doesnt have the performance of the other 2 and it isnt different enough.
Edit: while out of the bottle it smells like a unique interpretation and quite addictive, I am not experiencing that same effect after the juice is sprayed. It is as if this was a tweaked and watered down version... noticed close to the skin, unlike other ADGs

alessio l
alessio l

Dear all,

I used for yers and years the original AdG that is, in it's own simplicity, a true masterpiece.

In 2012 i was happy to see the new realise of the Essenza version that is just deeper than the original but it is still innovative and conservative at the same time.

In this case, unfortunately, the parfum is just a realise of a new packaging (very beautiful) but the fragrance itself it is almost the same of the Essenza version...so onestly i have no comment for the fragrance.

I am a bit sad to view the industry that only came out with new packaging of success product.

Hovewer...this is the business!

hunter.glenn
hunter.glenn

To me this is smell a lot like the normal Acqua di Gio. Very little difference but the price tag sooo much more expensive.

The bottle looks cool tho.

Guinea54
Guinea54

To me this is like if you mixed ADG with bleu de chanel. Its nice.. Its more mature because it has more of a dry incense kind of vibe as it dries down. That is my take. Good stuff.. Probably will wait till the price comes down a bit

pdxtony
pdxtony

I tried Gio Essenza and didnt really like it. Longevity was very poor on my skin. While they are similar I like this flanker better. It has a more mature smell and lasts longer than Essenza.

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

very aromatic it reminds me of givenchy pour homme when it drydown, excellent in summer day time, moderate longevity and sillage. to me I give it: 8/10

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I finally got my nose on this today. At the moment I am loving Essenza and Eau De Nuit both by Armani.

This is just ok. On my skin it is sweet not smokey at all. It reminds me of the original and some traits of Essenza yet not making a statement as either of those did.

I prefer Essenza by a mile.

Longevity and Projection seem just average to me while wearing it on my arm.

Slayerized
Slayerized

This is pretty good! Especially for an aromatic aquatic.
It is somewhat similar in main smell to the Essenza version but this one has a different flowery heart and a base of patchouli and incense which really stands out and makes it a fresh-spicy-warm-green aromatic aquatic imo with a darker vibe than normally is the case with aquatic like fragrances. Cannot compare it to anything so far and the projection and especially longevity are above average with this edp.
It is not a masterpiece but it's way better than 99% of most aquatic like fragrances (read: calone), smells very nice inoffensive and lasts all day which is a big pre! Versatility is also good as it's an all year fragrance except winter imo.
A drawback is maybe the high price for such a fragrance but it lasts about 3x longer than most aquatic-marine like fragrances so there is compensation for the higher price. Bottle is also beautiful. Rating: 8.5/10

Ricks44
Ricks44

Been excited about this for a while as Essenza is one of my favourite fragrances. I'm not keen on the original.

Tried it today - disappointing. Slightly darker than Essenza, slightly smokey.

But basically, it's Essenza.

Pointless if you own already own Essenza.

Cool bottle.

amir68
amir68

I liked the freshness and the cleanliness in ADG more than ADGE. But after wearing and testing the new one ADGProfumo few times I would prefer the latter. I find ADGP more refined, smoky and more depth to it and also more suitable in my environment. You can definitely feel the dna of the original here though. To my untrained nose sage and Rosemary are prominent notes in dry down. I guess this two notes together give the scent more lift in performance and longevity. Pretty good effort from Armani!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i didn't like the original, but i liked the description of this one so i tried it... and i don't like this one, either.

there's a definite salty-ozoney thing which could well be ocean~ish

i wish there was patchouli, bergamot, and incense but all i really get is concentrated mid-90s boring. :(

CDGfan
CDGfan

A marriage between ADG and Bois D'Encens from the prive line.
A very good one at that. Starts of as a mix of ADG and BDE but progressively the incense dominates and it becomes very smoky and clean, the patchouli gives it depth. Its a simple fragrance but stunning in its olfactory profile and puts Bleu de Chanel to shame. Definitely the best designer fragrance of the year thus far and highly doubt it will get dethroned.

Projects and has great longevity (8-10 hours easy).

persianflaw
persianflaw

Just put my hands on it. It is EDP and it is a Sunday visit of a church in a small village near the sea shore.

Like it

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I never liked Acqua di Gio, and the Intenza didn't suit me either. This is something I can wear. It still has the DNA of Acqua di Gio, but it's more complex, very smoky and spicy. Inviting. It is longer lasting too than the original.

groover
groover

Tried this today and i like it, will buy it very soon,
when compared to the original i find this a lot more
appealing, it is more spicy and Smokey,
i never liked the sweetness in the original to much
so this one is better, even than essenza thou they
are very similar i think, but essenza is a bit stronger.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Acqua di Gio Profumo is a brilliantly done aquatic fragrance.

The watery notes are well balanced with the flowers.

The smell of geranium herein is much more nicer and subtle than in Geranium pour monsieur. WAY better and WAY more addictive.

Rosemary and sage playing it frisky in the base.

The incense is there but makes more an impression of being a mixture with olibanum.

This is an exciting aquatic that is ingenious and perfectly rounded.

Fresh, mesmerizing and bloomy!

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

I added this perfume before on the list that i WANT to have , but after i tested it, it's not unique, nothing difference,
bottom line, the 1st ADG still unbeatable masterpiece from GA .

carinathena
carinathena

Beautiful fragrance!! One of my top 3 for men!

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

Will add more comprehensive review later. I tested this at Nordstrom and first impressions were good. I got a sample and will try on skin. I get the marine/citrus freshness with the herbal mid and smokey base. I get the original's DNA with a more mature sophisticated vibe. It seems like a more mature upscale version of the original. I love the bottle!! Amazing dark heavy glass bottle with magnetic cap similar to the Essenza bottle. At $95 for a 2.5oz and $130 for a 4.2 it is priced according to upscale designer scents but it is an EDP that so far seems to have good performance. I would say it gets about 6-8+ hours longevity with about moderate projection for first couple of hours (2-4 hours) settling into a nice soft projection. So far thumbs up from me!!
Update: the incense is strong! Unfortunately it made me sneeze! Also my girlfriend didn't like the smell too much. She said it was nice but that colognes like allure homme sport were better

Endymion
Endymion

Unfortunately disappointing for me :(
I really like the original AdG but this is just plain. Very simple citrus scent.
Yes, it's strong considering that the paperstrip I sprayed it on held the scent for 2 days but the smell itself is not great at all.

Tigraa444
Tigraa444

I tested on my skin, and after a few hours it was still smelling strong/smoky.
All my female cousins loved it and want it for their man!!

thegreat787
thegreat787

This will be available soon, today I got lucky and tested at xxxxx, I asked AS if they have (Acqua di Gio Profumo, AS said they did received tester and I asked her if I can try. AS was nice and let me tested on my skin.
All I can say it has Acqua di gio DNA, but little spice/smoky vibe in there at least at my skin. I do liked it but not sure if I am going get bottle yet.

I sprayed on my skin and its lasted about 5-6 hours still can smell.

I need to do more testing.
After first testing 8/10.

Update:

I tested 2nd time and I start liking even more now and will be buying. on my skin smoke smell and then dry down is kind remind of ADG. longevity is good, 5-6 hours.

Ivano
Ivano

It is already available in Spain. I was surprised to see it since I hadn't read about it anywhere.

The smell itself is very similar to the Essenza version but a bit more herbal and spicy/smoky due to the addition of Incense and without that weird blood/boiled egg smell that was unpleasant to some. So it's more of the same, if you smell this on someone in the street, I don't think you'd be able to tell which of the three Acqua di Gio versions is.

The good news is that both projection and longevity are huge. Projection, specially during the first hour, is incredible. So now that the original has been reformulated and watered down, if you want a better quality product that matches the incredible smell of the original with a little spicy twist, I can tell you that this is where it's at. It's hard to find a better summer scent despite its popularity. Is it original or new? NO. Is it good? YES.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Profumo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Profumo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.