Designers » F-H » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Acqua di Gioia Giorgio Armani for women

Acqua di Gioia Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Acqua di Gioia Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Acqua di Gioia Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Acqua di Gioia Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

Acqua di Gioia is a new fragrance by Giorgio Armani, presented in March 2010. Seductive sea aromas in the new fragrance are put into first plan and used as creators' inspiration. Composition of the perfume is compared with woman who is ''strong, dignified and free spirit but in perfect harmony with nature''.

Inspired by several summer holidays spent on the islands of Pantelleria and Antigua, where Armani has his villas, the fragrance was lead by the idea of escape into nature, a heavenly place of real holiday where we restore the energy necessary to body and soul, and where we create natural balance.

Its flacon was made as a natural shape – water drops which are clear, airy, and pellucid.

The fragrance arrives on the market in June 2010 as a blend of refreshing notes of crushed mint leaves and lemon Limone Primo Fiore Femminello from Calabria. Structure of the composition pushes the limits from fresh citruses to a floral heart which encompasses aquatic jasmine, dewy peony and pink pepper, while a base closes with cedar, yellow sugar and labdanum. Acqua di Gioia was created by three perfumers: Loc Dong, Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion, who see it as Eve's seduction and as fragrance turned completely towards the nature.

The perfume can be purchased as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP, along with 200 ml body lotion.

Amalfi Lemon Mint

Acqua Di Gioia Eau Fraiche

Acqua di Gioia Fragrance Reviews

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

On my skin this becomes sharp, synthetic and astringent, almost like I put on rubbing alcohol to get rid of a floral scent that I didn't like. Disappointing, as I had high hopes for it from the smell in the bottle...

GinWeed
GinWeed

I have it and it smells really nice. I feel though that it's more of an adult woman's fragrance than a younger woman's. It has this sophisticated, evening feeling to it, and it's actually a bit heavy compared with other average aromatic, citrusy scents. The mint is quite strong which makes it kind of icy and cool.

You know usually when brands make a pair of one fragrance, one for him and one for her, and in most cases the men's version is stronger than the women's. Well this is like flipping that concept over - this fragrance has the strength of a men's perfume. I like it.

And by the way this original one is much better than any of the other versions like "essenza" (too cold and stingy) and "eau fraiche" (too sweet).

oktober
oktober

Smells like Mojito.
Identical.
Like you spilled a glass of mojito on yourself.

promaya
promaya

This fragrance is often linked to my signature perfume- Eternity. Indeed, they are both open and airy but, Gioa is noticeably greener. That said, I'd say that the colour of the bottle potentially leaves a somewhat wrong impression.
After a while, you start to get a nice, well rounded fragrance but, personally, I don't think that the opening announces it - the top notes suggest something cheaper and more simple. In other words, the first impression is not all that positive. It's lacks some gentle sweetness (fresia?).
But it certainly belongs to the group of fragrances that I could wear.

I still prefer the man's version, 'tho.

lonn3k3

Lovely smell, it was the first expensive perfume i got and one that is still special to me.
I would definitely repurchase.

Cecile27
Cecile27

I absolutely loved the scent of this on the sample paper I had and decided to spray this all over myself before a date. Unfortunately my body chemistry didn't work with it very well. I even got a polite "hey I like the perfume you usually wear...what ever you have on now makes you smell unpleasant", from my date. Although I couldn't smell it myself, from what my date described it sounds like the cedar note was translated very strongly on my skin. I really love this scent and I wish it would have worked better for me. My heart is broken, but I'm glad to see this lovely creation works for others!! I guess I can only enjoy this beauty from afar...

risarii
risarii

I don't like "fresh" or "aquatic" perfumes. Or at least, I didn't before Acqua di Gioia. This is so nice; it smells just like the ads look. The ads are beautiful, but they also are remarkably true to the scent of the perfume. It's fresh and citrusy (real citrus, not fake bathroom-cleaner-citrus) but it has a lovely depth to it.
I think mermaids would smell like this.

Dara813
Dara813

This is a long time favorite of mine. On me, it is not as light as some people describe. The sillage and longevity are actually excellent for an aquatic citrus scent. The mix of citrus and sweet accords create a really fresh, clean scent. I can't see this scent being offensive but it's not soapy or generic like so many other clean frags out there.
Armani is a really wonderful brand when it comes to making scents that are well-blended and long-lasting.

lonn3k3

This perfume smells really nice and just gives you that feel-good vibe. I would definitely repurchase.

bouncy_britt
bouncy_britt

This is my absolute favourite perfume! I receive so many compliments, and it lasts beautifully. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it does in contact with sunlight. This perfume is sexy, classy and reminds me of some sort of exclusive beach holiday. 10/10, would definitely use for the rest of my life. I get so many compliments - on my skin, it's a warmer smell, with the jasmine, lemon and pink pepper coming through the strongest, with a shy hint of mint. Love!

guna.gultniece
guna.gultniece

Ahhh, such a clean scent...fresh and amazing. First I noticed this beautiful smell on my sister and got to know what it was. I had to have a bottle myself and I got it and I never regreted. Pure love...

daniquevanaalst
daniquevanaalst

When I bought this, I was absolutely convinced it was going to be my favourite perfume. It smells amazing in the bottle and right after spraying it, very citrussy and fresh! However, after a few hours it just turned into a cheap air freshener. The longevity and sillage are great (I could still smell it on my coat the next day), but the perfume just doesn't go well with my skin.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

tested this today, wearing it now...on first spray i loved it but then after about 15 minutes it settled into something resembling cool water for women which really surprised me! i'm disappointed, won't be buying this one.
Update: almost 48 hours later and I can still smell it quite strong on my scarf and sweater and it smells amazing on my clothes!! Might buy this in a travel size just to spray my closet!
scent: 8
packaging: 8.5

Congeniality
Congeniality

Very, very, very, extremely weak perfume. But nice if you ask

briones
briones

feminine , uplifting , , NOT FOODY as many vanillas out there . too weak. i prefer essenza

Treacherous
Treacherous

Gorgeous fresh scent. I know most people would say you should only wear this in summer, but to me, I wear it any time of day or night and any time of year. It's the perfect "clean" scent. Armani really do make quality fragrances, great taste in design as well as scent. Nice. In my top 5 for sure.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This went up in a head-to-head battle against Light Blue, twice, and they both came out the winner.

Personally, I find the sweet lemon in both scents, lightly touched by woods and flowers, very similar in the beginning. Both evoke vivid ocean visions, both are cool and refreshing without being cold and distant - a trait that usually makes me shy away from aquatic varieties of perfumes.

But where Light Blue stays relatively linear on me, sweet lemon it comes and sweet lemon it goes, Acqua di Gioa takes a meandering little garden path to the beach. The mint interplay with the lemon smells like a lightly tart cocktail. This is a nice contrast to the very present sweetness of the fragrance, though I find that sweetness calms down as it develops. Then a note of pink pepper comes through, giving a hint of cheeky cheerfulness to it. After that, I really begin to smell the peony and jasmine. And I'm always so delighted when I find a combination of white florals that I actually find delightful. From a girl who tends to find these notes heady, this version is airy, sweet, and very nicely balanced with the other notes. During this stage the lemon subdues itself, but after another hour or two it pushes back up to the surface again. It's a welcome reunion.

I never thought I'd say this, but I love it. Light Blue is eternally calm but I find Acqua di Gioia to be brighter, more cheerful, and a little cheeky.

I can't choose. I must have them both. It's like trying to compare a beach in Sicily to the Amalfi Coast. Why must we pick?

Selo12394

I've had Acqua di Gioia for a while and reviewed it previously, but it's only recently that I've fallen in love with it all over again and adopted it as my signature. I like aquatics, but it has a little more depth and lasting power than most, and more mainstream appeal. I'm not sure I would label it as strongly aquatic; the ending is dryer and warmer, and it doesn't have any of those oft-polarizing water, ozonic, salty, or marine notes. It's not fruity, and doesn't remind me of other very common fresh scents like Light Blue or Cool Water. You probably won't smell anything exactly like it dozens of times a day. It's one of the few scents I consider a "summer night" perfume — you could wear it during the day, but the sugar and pink pepper are noticeable, making the ending kind of a crystally, soft-sweet that's suitable for a warm evening. You might not enjoy it if you don't like sweet scents, but you also wouldn't find it the most annoying use of sugar ever. Some people find it masculine, but to me, it isn't at all. It's beautiful, and actually quite sexy, though not in that bombshell way that fills a room. The citrus opening is definitely there, but fades quickly. The mint lasts longer but becomes faint. All the notes blend together so well; you can pick them out, but they belong together. The whole thing is a lovely composition, radiant and youthful. It's sweet, but a very sheer, soft sweet, not childish or sticky. It gets compliments but doesn't make a lot of noise. I love it so because it is all these things, and it simply works for me. It makes a great choice for a summer night out and I'm very glad I've re-kindled my relationship with it.

sodiumsugar
sodiumsugar

You'd think from the name "Acqua di Gioia" that the juice inside the bottle would be lush, and reminiscent of clear waters. On me, however, the freshness of the lemon and mint are virtually non-existent, and the musty brown sugar and heady white florals dominate, making it more of a spring fragrance than a summer one. It's been about 6.5 hours and the brown sugar is gone, but the headiness is still there, wearing closely to the skin. I wanted to love this, but this wasn't what I was looking for.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

The top notes of lemon and mint are unremarkable and basic. A cheap pepper starts to invade Acqua di Gioia in the beginning minutes it's sprayed, which hardly gives me hope. Once you get to the heart, a lovely symphony of peony, labdanum, jasmine and mint comes alive, although the sillage is barely there.

AdG is hardly a bad perfume but it's a wallflower or "background music" scent--never mind the room freshener smell of the opening notes. There is no sweetness or vigor to this freshness. I'd rather seek out a perfume that has peony, mint and jasmine along with some other truly refreshing notes.

maianh83
maianh83

I don't know if my rollerball of this scent is ruined or what but I smell this scent on my skin today and it it exactly as Bath and body Works Deep Aqua ( body mist / lotion ) + mint

Ahl
Ahl

I find this fragrance exquisite, comforting, and a perfect scent for spring. I just wish it had a bit more endurance to it!

Oslogirl
Oslogirl

Acqua di Gioia is a very nice, fresh, everyday perfume. I bought it on taxfree because I needed a less expensive perfume to bring with me in my gym bag, and did not expect it to become one of my go-to's. Lately it has been the perfume I reach for everyday, and it works for almost every occasion. On me the citrus dries down pretty fast, and I'm left with a fresh just-showered jasmine-mint-pepper scent. What I like about it is that it is not too flowery or sweet, but still feminine.

It is one of those perfumes where it is difficult to detect a "perfume-scent", which makes it perfect for all those occasions where you want to wear perfume, but don't want people to think that you are trying too hard. I have been wearing it to the office, the library, hiking (!?!), shopping etc. That said, there is nothing wow og seductive about this, it is just a nice scent for daytime.

dsty
dsty

Acqua di Gioia is very nice; I like it! It's sweet, light and refreshing, great for a summer day. The top listed notes are what I'm getting most of, too: citrus, mint and sugar, with a strong aquatic undertone that stops it from smelling edible (or drinkable, since the combination sounds more like a cocktail). I don't feel the urge to buy a full bottle, though; I like it, but there are plenty of scents in this category that I love (Un jardin sur le Nil, for instance).

lilytrivette
lilytrivette

really hate having a ton of perfumes sitting on my shelves, perhaps I'm one of the few women who are like that, but I'm always out searching for a bottle perfume that I can wear to work, school, parties, and just anything. This perfume totally fit in my category of my low-maintenance lifestyle. I can use this perfume for work, school, parties, and anywhere and everywhere. It is very clean and refreshing refreshing but still strong enough to last for hours! I highly recommend this item.

nuzzzzie
nuzzzzie

I have been quite fussy with perfumes as of late. Then I came across this.

Sugary mint is what I can smell, with a subtle lime or lemon note throughout. I feel like a walking mojito! A beautiful and unique perfume, it truly is one of kind (unless you count the essenza version etc). Lasts around 6 hours.

Definitely worth a purchase!

Inventress
Inventress

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Eau de Parfum is a summer scent, sunny and warm, calling to mind mojitos, sea waves, and holidays.

It starts out bright. A cocktail of mint and sugar opens the balmy composition. It deepens with the onset of florals, which are so aquatic, that they remind me of lotus, a note which I generally dislike. I feel as if the flowers are drowning. However, as the fragrance dries down, so does the water. The saccharine quality present from the first spray remains, as does the mint.

Overall, Acqua di Gioia is a sugary mojito. In terms of impressions, it is turquoise in colour and medium in tone. Generally likable and appealing to both men and women.

PrincessofScents
PrincessofScents

There are newer, fresher, more sophisticated feminine creations are on the market than this highly masculine perfume. It is not even a sensual type of masculine that makes you go "ooohh."

My partner had a reaction to it, and most men will not be thinking that you're NOT sexy/sensual fresh in a womanly-way. The sweetness seems to mingle well to freshen to sugars and salts that come out with the sweat, whilst the dry-down is a like metallic deodorant.

I know a woman who loves this because she works in Australia as a construction/mining manager does not want to come to work with a sexy, feminine or sophisticated fragrance. On her, that "strong woman" scent suits well.

Miriana93
Miriana93

Amazing! I wasn't expecting to like it but then I smelled it and fell in love. Fresh and sweet at the same time - its just the perfect combination.

mrskk
mrskk

Combination of fresh, sweet & spicy. Good silage. I like it!

emtopaz
emtopaz

To be honest, I wasn't drawn in at all by the advert for this and thought it would be a scent which wouldn't stand out or make an impression on me. As I kept seeing the ad appear more and more after watching various things on tv, I became curious, searching online to find out more. The concept of Acqua Di Gioia containing mint was unique; never heard of or smelt perfumes containing this before. It made me wonder how mint could work in a perfume.

After being intrigued by the mint and finally testing the smell on myself, I was disappointed. I couldn't smell mint. Am I the only one who couldn't smell it?

It didn't fail in being a pleasantly refreshing smell though. Similar to Gucci Flora Graciuous Tuberose, it does not last long on me :( not sure if it is as they are both meant to be light, fresh fragrances and I usually go for stronger perfumes. If it lasted longer, I would definitely consider purchasing.

rachamacc
rachamacc

I'm usually not a fan of aquatic scents and sometimes jasmine smells very old lady on me. There was something a little too sharp and metallic when it first dried down. But about twenty minutes later I can really smell that sugar scent. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. It's sweet and warm, I can smell a little of the cedar. I think I like this one. I'll have to wear it again to decide.

ETA: Later, the sweet scent is fading and there's that metallic hint again, like an old penny. I don't like that hint but overall I like this perfume.

Snicole82
Snicole82

One word: REFRESHING. It's a breeze on a warm summer day. It reminds me of running through the country side as the sun is going down catching fireflies as a child.

joezilla
joezilla

sugar? the scent of sugar is barely detectable on it's own, and especially not detectable when mixed with much more prominent notes. ''recipe for mojito'' opening? maybe, if you infuse your mojito with florals. the florals dominate this fragrance start to finish, which definitelly labels it as feminine. the aquatic undertones are there to give of the clean and fresh vibe. the whole olfactory experience is joyful indeed; the scent of a woman's skin that just came out of the shower, or the pouring rain in the forest if you're romantic enough. the commercial is good.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Love this one! It has a citric spark that makes it energetic. It's a fun beach scent.

serenitylola
serenitylola

When I first had a whiff of this, Honeydew or cantaloupes came to mind. I was surprised that there's lemon, sugar, mint and pink peppers. I tested the other versions and they smell similar but not exactly the same. I don't smell any peppers but I tend to love perfumes with this note. It's not spicy. ADG is clean, smooth and sweet. I may get this to use after shower in the gym to feel more refreshed.

dina
dina

Tested the edp today, and I got a mint/toothpaste like note at the beginning and for around 10 min, then it's all about Davidoff Cool water the original....but less sharp...

It's airy, aquatic, very fresh but not sugary or sweet at all...

Very good sillage and lasting power.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Bought a rollerball of this. At first, it wasn't too bad. The more I wore it though, the more it started to smell like a mojito on me. Perfect if I was on a vacation (holiday) in a tropical place like the Caribbean, I suppose. It's just not for me.

Esthertje255
Esthertje255

After testing this one at a store I ordered this online. It's really fresh but sensual at the same time.
When I sprayed it just once on my wrists at the store it lasted pretty long.
For now I like it, but I might get to love it when I wear this more often.
It's fresh without being sour or too floral.
And it's aromatic without being sharp.
And I would call it aquatic but sweet at the same time.
I think it's a perfect scent for summer days and nights for sexy, strong women!

Saretin
Saretin

Well I applyed a sample to my wrist about an hour or so. The beginning was very fresh citrusy, not too lemony, much more minthy, but no sugar at all. It was sooo crispy, like I was crashing "Lemongrass - (Melissa officinalis. Unfortunatelly I didn't get the feeling of a steamy watery jungle, or rain. The commercial was pretty, but this perfume just isn"t aquatic enough. After 2 and a half hour, I think I'm getting the warm, smooth sugary sweetness, but it's not strong, almost fadeing away. I will be trying my sample for time to time from now on, maybe I will respect this more than. Right now, this is a good citrus scent, but nothing more, without complexity, and without being aquatic.

Togiii
Togiii

I received a sample with a purchase of a different fragrance. First I fell in love with it because it had the right amount of sweetness or sugar, which is very hard to find in fragrances. Then, when I tried it again it smelled a little different than before. Yesterday, I wanted to make sure if I really liked it, and yes! this is definitely one of my favourite scents! Really fresh, like after shower or some kind of smell related with fresh water.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

This is quickly becoming my go to summer signature scent. I am hearing a lot of people talking about overwhelming citrus or lemon, but the beautiful sweet jasmine and mint take center stage on me. Yes, there is some citrus, but more sweet floral than anything.

It is EXTREMELY long lasting, especially when I spray it in the crook of my elbow. I sprayed it on about 10am yesterday mooring, ran to Lowes, and then we got our garden set up, and planted. It was about 6pm at this point, 8 hours later, and I could still smell the freshness on my chest and in the crook of the elbow. I live in TN so it was 90 degrees with about 200% humidity! AND IT LASTED OVER 8 HOURS!!!! VERY VERY NICE!!!!

rococozephyr
rococozephyr

Starts off sharp and alcoholic, almost sterile, then turns quickly to... celery. That's it, that's all I'm getting: vaguely alcoholic celery, as if someone tried to make a perfume to match the celery stick in a Bloody Mary.

Since I seriously doubt celery was what Armani was going for, let's just take this as a warning that Acqua di Gioia can get pretty weird if it doesn't agree with your skin chemistry, and that you should always grab a sample before you shell out your money.

Ioli19
Ioli19

I agree with dad's review. It's popular for a reason.. It's a lovely perfume, sweet but not overly so, right balance of sugar, mint and citrus. It's like a breath of fresh air..inhale deeply and it will awaken your senses, energise your spirit and put a smile on your face!
No headaches with this one, best for warm weather, but can see it being used year round for any occasion really!
Longevity and silage are great too, and great looking bottle.

dad
dad

Love this perfume.
Lots of reviewers find it too heavy, or headache-inducing, but I personally think it's like an Italian summer in a bottle.
Yes, it is a bit sugary, but I personally find this quality very attractive. If it were fresher, it would be a much much more unisex scent. As it stands, it's a beautiful, sweet, tan woman laying on the beach with a tall glass of mint lemonade.
It's syrupy. Its sweet and citrusy. Minty, if the temperature is mild.
It's a young perfume, so many people may find it "generic" because of it's popularity. I think it's a good sign that so many people like it!
Great lasting power. Simple yet pretty bottle.
Give it a try, and don't let the sheer fact that it's a popular fragrance make you turn your nose up at it, you might be missing out!

AriaW
AriaW

It is a headache for me! It is so strong and makes me sick in my stomach. I even feel sick when I smell it on others, maybe it smells wonderful for some people. But it is horrible for my nose.

Centsless
Centsless

I love Acqua di Gioia. It's completely wearable and refreshing on the hottest and most humid days. I disagree with the reviews calling this scent aquatic. It is an uplifting, sweetened citrus with a hint of mint and pepper. I adore jasmine and it's in there, yum! Lasting power is very good.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Very pretty, very casual, critusy, aquatic and slightly sweet. It's safe. That's the best way to describe this scent. It's a perfume I only pick up when I'm tired of wearing all others, or if I'm planning to be outside all day.
I actually bought this in the winter, but it definitely smells better in warm/hot weather.
It also has great longevity (on me), and sillage is moderate.

mobscene
mobscene

Loveitloveitloveit. That's all I have to say. It's a fresh smelling perfume and at the same time it is sexy and seductive. I initially wanted to buy the Eau Fraiche version, but this one is gorgeous as well.

mistykerryn
mistykerryn

I love this, it's a really good fresh aquatic fragrance that is also really sweet. The mint/lemon combo is perfect as it is so refreshing and cool, with the right amount of sweetness. Lasting power and sillage are really good for something that I expected to be a light watery fragrance. This is a must have in my collection. It's a really safe inoffensive scent that would be pleasant to most peoples' noses.
No it's not mind blowing and you've probably smelled others like it, but it's still a very likable clean and fresh fragrance and is suitable for most occasions. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this when my bottle finishes.

ForrealMe2

this is a wonderful aquatic fresh fragrance...my only complaint is one time when i sprayed this at Macy's i got such a wonderful peppermint that i had to buy it but when i tried it again i never got any mint...how could this happen i don't understand but its like sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't :(

angelamaria1234
angelamaria1234

I wanted to purchase this perfume. It smells fresh but sweet when it's sprayed on the paper, however I smell something synthetic when sprayed on my skin after it has dried down. :(

Nil3
Nil3

Hmmmmm, I think I'm done with the citrus scents for summer this year. I think I'm growing out of it.
Too citrusy. Too lemony.....and above all too 'Hugo Bossy'. People who are into generic lemony scents would wanna swim in it. Enjoy!!!! :)

Sxaninha

I'm of total opposite meaning about the Acqua di Gioia, nothing like Gidrocity said!!
There is nothing in the market like this fragrance, and only a person who don't appreciate fresh vivascious and long lasting scent like this fragrance could say something like this Lady said.
Sadly for them who have the same view or maybe lucky others who appreciate! It's my signature scent and I'm very proud and thankful to Girogio Armani for creating Acqua di Gioia! <3

Gidrocity
Gidrocity

I am 32 y.o. This perfume is too commercial, too generic, too strong. I can see how it sells well in department stores to people anywhere from 18 to even 35 however, those people usually would be (in my opinion) who desperately want to follow the trend, and dont want to spend time on finding their own unique perfume that goes oh so great with their skin. I would have bought Aqua about 8-10 years ago for myself but not after that, not after your sense have developped past generic frangrances, nevertheless I also dont think that I am very experienced but I have started searching for something less common.

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

First of all...the commercial is epic. wow what a great commercial for a fragrance! IT WAS LIKE WATCHING A BEAUTIFUL MOVIE.
Lol Anyway...This smells like fresh water if it had a scent. It's crisp and clean but has an elegance about it. It doesn't offend the senses at all and I love how all of the notes blend very well. Everything is in sync with one another. I usually wear this when I'm on vacation or going to the beach for some reason. I don't really wear this throughout the summer because I feel like this deserves to be worn when you're by the water like on a cruise or romantic tropical getaway. No I don't think it's something that will go into the night time and be as amazing as it is in the day. This perfume deserves to be worn when the sun is shining..the wind is crisp and when water is near. One of my favorite perfumes.

katuliena

I wear it today. This is my day off. To me, this is the smell of freedom, of ability breathing fresh, crispy air. Smell of being yourself without pretending being "femme fatale" because you dont have to be, and you are not anyway. Im not good at writing what notes I can smell. But definitely, this is beautiful fragrance.

Sweelty
Sweelty

Hmmm I love this one a lot! Citrus-fresh-sweet. It does get a tiny bit heavier after couple mins but still crisy fresh! Love it a lot! Great for anytime wear for any ages for people who hates heavy scents

victoria.mei1992

Horrible smell, sticky sweet, peppery, sugary. Worst I ever smelled.

Sxaninha

My signature fragrance! I love this so much <3 Everytime I wear it I feel peace, harmony, liberty, wildness, freshness, energetic and a hint of sugar which blend all this so well together. You can smell the lemon and mint when you first spray it, but then the sugary and floral side becomes more prominent! 10/10! I've almost my 3rd bottle empty! I'm curious about the other Gioia versions

Kattmatte
Kattmatte

I was a great fan of the fresh and fun Acqua di Gio that is nowhere to find in Sweden anymore.
So I turned to the Gioia instead. And it isn't at all a bad choice. Just not the Gio I loved. It is somewhat too sweet to be a good replacement for the Gio.
But judged on its own merits I have become quite intrigued with the Acqua do Gioia, and I have decided to give it at good couple of weeks of trying it out as a workday scent.
On me the mint and citrus gives in to a sweetness that is then transferred to a more complex mix of cedar and white flowers.
A pleasant summery scent well suited for everyday wear.

Melyche
Melyche

It was dad's gift that's how I had it. Really fresh and clean but not long lasting at all. 100% aquatic. If you can't tolerate heavy or spicy ones, this one might be a good choice. Very light and fresh.

blazing1glam
blazing1glam

so I have been looking for a fresh scent to get away from the sticky sweet ones. I did not care much for the bottle, but the scent is amazing. It is good day or night and lingers on FOREVER. This is my new absolute fave as it is well thought out and well blended.

Chiquis
Chiquis

My perfume arsenal is chock full of the super sweet, the gourmand, the fruity-floral. I realized the other day that I didn’t have one fresh, citrusy scent. Now that we’ve sprung forward our clocks I wanted something that would be appropriate for the super humid 110 degree weather I’m going to encounter in a few short months. I narrowed it down to Acqua di Gioia and Light Blue… I had smelled both in perfume ads during the Christmas season and recalled liking both. I chose Gioia over Light Blue simply because of the bottle… it has a calming, serene look… I’m sure that makes no sense lol Also I like the name Gioia… It means “joy” in Italian and who doesn’t want some joy in her life?!! Anyways, it arrived on my doorstep today and I am very happy with my purchase. Acqua di Gioia is a fresh, clean, happy citrus scent. It’s very much a fresh glass of lemonade with a sprig of mint leaf. This is a perfect fragrance for those of us living in areas with sweltering summers.

Edit: I forgot to add that this is VERY long lasting on clothes. You will smell this on fabrics until you wash them. On the skin it projects for the first hour and then sits a little closer on the skin for about 4-5 hours. To make it last longer concentrate most of your sprays on your clothes.

summerdreamer
summerdreamer

This is my gift to my girlfriend recently. I love how the pepper and jasmine scents are perfectly blended and so pleasure to the people around.

leighhannah
leighhannah

I smelled this randomly in Sephora just because I was running out of things to smell, and I hadn't really read anything about this one. Imagine my surprised delight. Lemon, mint and sugar so beautifully done. I can't imagine anyone not liking this, but I guess some don't. It is just gorgeous in my opinion. At least give it a try. I'd give the fraiche version a pass but this? Can't wait to wear it tomorrow and spray it on my pillow tonight!

cessnaski
cessnaski

I own Pure Drop of Verbena by DKNY and wear this everyday throughout summer. When the bottle is replete, I am going to get this scent to take one notch up the sillage. It is a fresh summer scent.

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

I sprayed something on my wrist at Sephora that I could have sworn was Acqua de Gioia, so I bought the rollerball. The scent at the store was a light ocean breeze-y scent, but the scent I ended up with smells like Sprite. If that's what you're looking for, your search ends here. I, however, was chagrined. Now I'm going back to Sephora to figure out what I really smelled in there.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Once dated a guy who wore 'Acqua Di Gio' and I think I'd much rather wear that. It was crisp, but still smooth.. this I find way too sweet, making it sort of nauseating x:

I love the idea of this, truly, truly.. I can see how this could be reformulated to a more focused pyramid of citrus, herbal, floral and aquatic notes. How it currently sits on my skin, far too sweet and sugary -- not refreshing at all. Bleh!

arianna78
arianna78

I really don't like it. It is supposed to be a fresh, crispy perfume, but actually I feel it nauseating. Candy, boring, destructured. It smells cheap, and it stays forever on my skin, so after many hours I smell like a sweet lemonade. Yuck!

katuliena

I do agree that this fragrance has perfect lasting power. I can smell it after few days on my clothes. And it is quite special, because all my fragrances are fruity-floral-fresh scents and nothing lasts as long as Acqua Di Gioa. It is worth the money.

YoLin
YoLin

Most of my fragrances are heavy and complexe chypre scents with vanilla and flowery notes. I decided to give Acqua di Gioia a try since I love Acqua di Gio on men.
I do understand why people think this scent is boring and basic but I personally really like it and I don't know anyone who doesn't.
Acqua di Gioia is a fresh, clean scent. I don't find it boring at all. It's basic, but to be honest I have never smelled a perfume like this one before. I think it's perfect. Not for every day or night time, but just for the warmer days.
It's not that kind of fresh, cheap smell that sport brands produce, but a rather sophisticated and classy smell. That smell that makes you ask a women what she is wearing because it smells so good.
I also have to mention the great lasting power. Compared to other fresh, summer fragrances this one stays on quite a long time.
I can't wait to wear this during the summer!

CathieH

@deviation - let me know when you find that good summer scent - I'm on the hunt too.

Penelope17
Penelope17

The staying power of this perfume is surprising considering that I fee like perfumes featuring those notes wear off quickly! This perfume is light and makes you want to keep smelling it more and more to suck it all up into your nose. LOL. But its true.

For some reason the colour and the bottle are so simple yet its probably one of the most visually appealing bottles I have seen. Super simple and implies that like the perfume you won't be confused as to how/when to wear the fragrance.

tepulohoney
tepulohoney

...Well I didn't turn into Emily DiDinato and my house didn't materialize into Reggio Calabria. In fact, it wasn't even close.
More soapy and sweet, not very aquatic, dull, fresh, citrus-ey.
Disappointed :(

MonicaNikki
MonicaNikki

I love this but it is very strong with insane staying power! So a small bottle and only 1 spray under your hair is enough. I receive lots of compliments on this too.

CathieH

I only purchased the mini in this fragrance and before I received it in the mail I had the opportunity to try it at a local perfume discount store, the SA sprayed it on me and I didn't like it one bit and thought....oh dear I have wasted my money....but when my mini bottle arrived and when I try it I was really impressed (perhaps the store sample had gone off - who knows). The opening is definitely lemon mint, and it transitions through the Jasmin and Peony to a nice warm drydown. I don't think it is predominantly a summer perfume, which was what I was looking for, but I still like it very much it's a good everyday perfume but I can envision it being worn to a summer formal occasion, (standing on the perimeter of the Sydney Opera House (with DH) with a gentle sea breeze, and wafts of Acqua Di Gioia lightly swirling up looking back at Sydney city by night). I would definitely invest in full size bottle, I recently received John Galiano Parlez Moi D'Amour in a swap from the lovely anitaoolong which is a true summer perfume with a definite burst of freshness...

MsDana
MsDana

Lemon drops with a touch of mint and aquatic florals. I think it is Delightful. Very uplifting and a perfect spring fragrance IMO.

deviation
deviation

I bought this perfume for its staying power in the summer- more of a blind buy actually. Then I found out that It has notes of sticky sweet sugar (Not Britney spear's fantasy type) but more like store brought sticky sweet lemonade. the dry down is a combination of cedar notes and artificial smelling watery notes which makes me want to nauseate.

My search for a good summer perfume continues...

victoria.mei1992

Not bad scent, but for me too sweet and spicy at the same time, similar to armani code sport. I can smell pachouli even there is no written that it is there.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I like this scent, despite it's lemony citrus top notes I don't find it masculine like Fendi. I think it's watery and cool, like jumping into the sea during the morning type thing. I would wear it during the day to do errands or during a HOT summer day to cool down

TassieDk
TassieDk

I like this scent. It is okay for a feeling of coolness on a Summer's day -- or for enveloping oneself in a cool/fresh fragrance to match the coolness/freshness of Winter. I have used my 30ml bottle and I've enjoyed wearing this, but I think that there are other perfumes out there which I like better or even love. Acqua di Gioia does not smell bad at all -- it's just not my type of scent. After having experimented a bit with making my own perfumes, I've come to find that I love fragrances from the Fruity, Citrus, Gourmand (sweet) categories, and Acqua di Gioia, being a fresh/green/citrus scent, is not exactly what I adore. I got this fragrance for a Christmas present: I had just wished for a bit more expensive fragrances without specifying which scents I like. But now I've learned to be more picky and precise. :)

In sum: If you like a boost of fresh coolness as if fresh out of the shower, this is the fragrance for you. :)

latinkapetrova
latinkapetrova

Your average citrus-aquatic scent. Pretty hard to dislike and equally hard to adore.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I purchased this from Macy's with a gift card I received. If you like Citrus, green, tropical scents then this one is for you. I smell nothing spicy, or floral when I wear this scent. To me, Acqua di Gioia has notes similar to Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. The more I smell this scent, the more it reminds me of nail polish remover. It's not a bad scent, but I don't think I'd repurchase again.

lirael00
lirael00

One of the best ones that Armani has put out there. Really, it's just wonderful. It's very clean and refreshing but at the same time is also sophisticated and sexy. I think that's a really hard combination to achieve (here I mean the freshness and sensuality in one). But Armani does it perfectly with this one. Much praise here!

nobodygirl
nobodygirl

At first spritz, this sorta punched me in the face with a blast of powdery sunflowers. Water lillies. Peonies. It did not wear down into anything softer, and I am not a fan of this scent. It is too stuffy and makes it hard to breathe when I wear it. I was hoping for a fresh unique scent like Acqua di Gio.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

easily male perfume. very citrus, light, fresh, summer :)

beatrix75

how much i juse soo much i love its the perfect aquatic clean fresh fragrance ever!!!

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

I know this one has a poor reputation for being dull or uninspiring and that may be but being unfamiliar with this type of fragrance I find it exactly what the notes suggest, sweet lemon water with a minty aura. I tend to really love berry gourmand or some type of gourmand (not Angel though) but I found myself really liking this one for a palate cleanser. The days you're sick of heavier scents and you want to coast with something uncomplicated, but fresh. I definitely get a "coastal" sense - it might be the lemon/mint mixture. I also agree if sprayed too much, it can get a little too sweet but as a gourmand lover - it's nothing!

Malindablove
Malindablove

Absolutely a wonderful fragrance, clean slightly floral just amazing... I get giddy just by putting it on! If you like clean water scenes or floral without being tp heavy to your nose, this is the scent for you!!

beatrix75

I like the fresh cool aquatic smell in this fume actualy i fall in love with

almarie
almarie

Have it, Love it! I like the aquaticness of this one. The Essenza version for some reason, does not smell as good on me but this is gorgeous! Still feminine enough, but has that clean, getting out of the shower freshness and it reminds me of summer.

Quite good one. Sweet and fresh at the same time. It smells like holiday at the seaside. It is an interesting composition - mint and lemon make it fresh and sugar makes it sweet.
I also like how nice and soft are the jasmine and peony notes in it.
There is nothing heavy or overpowering about it, it's quite delicate.
A lovely one!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers.

When I went to sample various fragrances at the department store and I sampled this Aqua di Gioa for the first time , I was not amused by it much.

Thing is, I was counting to be a very booming fragrance since its from Armani and I guess I had too much expectation's . I remember the beautiful aquatic fragrance of Aqua di Gio by Armani that was very aquatic, lush and unique , id figure since aqua di gioa will be the same since it similar in sound so I figure aqua di gioa will be the same in scent but I was dead wrong.

Aqua di Gioa isn't a cheap scent or anything, the combo of sweet citrus are strong in this and the basil and white flowers are there to give it the sweet mint of it. Personally I find it too simple in compare to its predecessor , Aqua di Gioa is lacking in richness of spirit and character , but I think for the personality type that's shy and introverted maybe this perfume will be "nauseous" or "just right to wear" it says I exist but i'll hide here behind the sea weeds and my shell where nobody wont find me , this is a very unassertive fragrance and the price I find it very unfair too,

I wasn't pleased with it since I find it unfair that the house of Armani discontinued the predecessor Aqua di Gio and made Gioa?, I personally feel they should not sacrificed it just to make a Gioa and should have kept it rolling and have both fragrance as options really since Gioa isn't really all that dazzling.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first i get all sweet sugary lemon. it is to die for. seriously i love it. its a fresh and juicy lemon. then it settles and i get the mint, cedar, and pepper. the mint isnt very minty but more a subtle green mint. there is a light jasmine in the background on me. the drydown is okay. i wish that opening lasted forever though! its a nice summer everyday fragrance. a no frills fragrance. casual but could be business professional. i imagine a woman in maybe leggings with long tank and her hair is in a ponytail, out running errands, grabbing a pick bite to eat and run. its a nice fragrance.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

It opens bright and crisp but the dry down turned like old smelly flowers on my skin! I went with Light Blue instead.

ineshezers
ineshezers

To me it opens as sweet, spicy citrus but later settles into watery peony.

Not very complicated and not overpowering jet noticeable fragrance thus I find it quite versatile - very refreshing for office and romantically energizing for night out.

When I applied this fragrance for the first time I thought that it's staying power was quite week because I couldn't smell it on my skin after 2-3 hours but at the evening my partner reminded me of how he likes my new fragrance + next morning when I was putting my clothes in order the aroma was still there.

lisetlu22
lisetlu22

I adore this fragrance!! It is perfect because: it´s fresh, sweet, feminine, watery, fruity, powerful but delicate...just all I ever wanted in a perfume! Plus it´s around me all day long, it really makes me happy and lighter! Sillage and longevity: the greatest!! I like and wear all kind of good fragrances and brands, but Acqua it´s one of the best I ever had. I´m cryn cause my second flacon it´s almost done... :´(

Sweetchocolatecookie
Sweetchocolatecookie

I owned this perfume when i was younger , I weared this in a summer day and I can tell it has the most beautiful fresh scent i ever smell .I also recive a lot of compliments ,unfortunately back then i didn't appreciate it until the bottle was emptied and the perfume was over :(.I recomand this for all the fresh scents lovers!

dalouchi
dalouchi

Heaven in a bottle.. Sadly, it doesn't stay at alllll :(

torkwan
torkwan

I love this perfume; so beautiful, clean, classic and just downright amazing. It has definitely become one of my go-to. Although I don't necessarily get the Mojito smell, the notes are accurate. Lemon is predominant but the sugar and floral sort of calms it down. If I had to give up ALL my perfume for just one for the rest of my life, THIS would be the perfume that I would wear forever (seriously).

Acqua Di Gioia is a refreshing perfume that's light, but has enough depth to make it noticeable. Although the notes are appropriate for daytime or hot weather, I find myself reaching for this year round. It's fresh and invigorating in the summer, but sharp and crisp in the winter.

The scent is pretty linear throughout and longevity could be a bit better (about 4-6 hours on me), but I definitely do not mind reapplying throughout the day.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

colocou fica o dia todo cm esse cheiro encantador...

saradz
saradz

Nice smell ,but doesn't last at all on me ,I wish if it did!!
Sexy ,seductive and feminin with some sour notes

bfonsec1
bfonsec1

This Is a feminine version of Aqua Di Gio. I love it so much! It's aquatic and fresh; it's not over powering and last an extremely long time. I get 6-8 hrs of wear with the fragrance still there even after just faintly.

Cascade05
Cascade05

lUV this one, one of my fav perfume for a hot summer day :)

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Smells like a better version of light blue. Though, it is a little cheap smelling. I wouldn't invest in a bottle

AUNZBOX
AUNZBOX

The drydown on my skin, it smell very sugar, sour synthetic chemical and metallic.

No fresh citrus, no green cool mint, no floral. Very boring and cheap smell.

Please wait until the base notes have developed before you buy this fragrance. The Marketing aim at the young gen.

katuliena

LOVE LOVE LOVE :) I know that people describe it like a smell of Mojito. But it really is. Literally.

katuliena

I ordered this fragrance because of good reviews. I tryed this in the shop a year ago, liked it a lot. Fresh, clean scent is what I want. And staying power seems good, even most of fresh fragrances dont stay long. Fingers accrosed, Im soo excited about trying it after deliver. I love every note of this scent :)

arajuna
arajuna

if you like mojitos, youll love this!
minty fresh, citrus burst, sugar sweet, muddled in a glass with ice to create this perfectly scented cocktail!

Irishys
Irishys

This smells good on paper and out of the bottle, but on me it's a bit heavy.

For what seems like it should be a summery light fragrance, it has a very heavy scent. It reminds me of Ralph Lauren Blue (for women) or Davidoff's Cool Water - both of which give me a headache.

I wear it only occasionally because my husband likes it.

midgyett_evans83
midgyett_evans83

Yum, my husband just bought me this for our anniversary today, I love him so so much!

clare_alana
clare_alana

Someone stole my Tom Ford Black Orchid :( And my parents then suprised me the same day it was stolen when they came back from their cruise with a bottle of this for me :D I had thought about purchasing before but wasn't sure as I didn't have any aquatic perfumes and it was so different to what I did have ... but it is truly JOY as it says on the bottle ! Gioia ! It does smell like a vacation :) So fresh and a little sweet. It brings me a lot of happiness and sentiment <3

rimanuela
rimanuela

This is my favorite perfume I love it soo much and get sooo many compliments...it stays on for 4 hours only maybe, so I have a spray in my purse...it smells like youre out of the shower , relaxed, sipping a mint lemonade or mojito on a beach...makes me happy

For longetivity I didnt try the essenza wich is supposed to be stronger

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

Fresh, clean, professional, versatile. Not unique. Certainly aquatic...
The bottle design is nice in its simplicity.
I like the idea of layering this with a more interesting perfume to lighten it up in the summer.

feeg
feeg

On my skin this was just a bitter perfume, but to reamin objective I can't say it is a bad perfume since my mother-in-law has it an on her skin it was quite nice - I actually smelled the sugar, the citrus and flowers. On my skin it was bitter mint with pepper and all other notes just din't react with my skin. It is a choice based on your pH - it works on your skin or not. I wouldn't recommend to buy it without a try in a store.
Unfortunately it is a no for me however I love Acqua di Gio on my boyfriend very much.

ashimascorpio
ashimascorpio

This is a perfume you can wear to office daily. It will give you a fresh start for the day and stays moderately. Great and refreshing fragrance.

fernynz
fernynz

After wanting to find a new fragrance for my spring wedding day - I fell in love with this. It is fresh and reminds me of summer days and fond memories.
I get so many compliments when I wear this and a couple of my workmates say they want to buy it themselves. I have just purchased a new bottle (am on my third) and just in time for spring here.
Stays on my skin quite well.
Want to try the other 2 acqua di gioia versions next to see if they are 'me' also.
Highly recommend.

I LOVE this scent!!!
Fresh and lovely ocean's smell.
Awesome!!!

lannyM
lannyM

fragrant but too soft, i had to spray several times

modesti.blaise.5
modesti.blaise.5

I was given this parfume by my boyfriend. It smelled too sweet and heavy on my skin, I just couldn't stand it. Then my mother gave it a try, and I was truly surprised: on her, it smells elegant, fresh and very feminine. Amazing.

sarah.innes20
sarah.innes20

This remains the most expensive perfume I have ever bought for myself but also remains one of my favourites. I have to confess the initial reason I wanted to try this perfume so much was the advert. Which I know isn't the way to go about it, it's sorta like choosing a perfume because of the bottle... The advert grabbed my attention mainly because of the beautiful soundtrack of Arrival of the Birds performed by the Cinematic Orchestra but also because of the exquisitely beautiful girl. Seriously- WATCH IT! By the end you'll be considering to turn lesbian! ;) However, after battling through these emotions which I suspect were based on pure envy that I wasn't as beautiful as the girl, I decided I had to try the perfume. This occasion came when passing through airport duty-free (which is where I end up trying most perfumes) and I instantly fell in love with its heady, sweet citrus-y freshness and slight fruity-ness that reminds you of tropical islands. Definitely worth the price I payed in-store of about £39.95 as it extremely long-lasting and unique.

Repeat.Lynn
Repeat.Lynn

It's fresh ..stimulating..I just bought it and Love it.

lcommisso
lcommisso

This is floral citrus water. My coworker gave it to me because she was sick of it (I traded her with coach poppy). Nothing exciting...I'm actually a little sad because Acqua di Gio was my first perfume back in the 90s and that one was a bit more interesting than this.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I'm only recently venturing into aquatic scents so you'll have to bare with me :) I wanted to find an alternative to Light Blue as I was getting a bit tired of the same thing. I was recommended Acqua di Gioia by someone at Sephora, and I have to say I really like it. I think it's quite refreshing and clean. I like the lemony-mint beginning, slight spice in the middle and the floral transition.

galenaerdo
galenaerdo

I dont like this fragrance as it is masculine. But interestingly when I wear it , I receive compliments a lot. It makes happy people (including my husband) around you but not you. And I found it a bit more synthetic when I wear it a day nasal congestion happens.

milkyway
milkyway

I am not a fan of this smell on it's own- to me it smells too plain, watery and sweet...HOWEVER..I love to mix it with the other fumes for added freshness..Simple scents like this are a great way to update the other perfumes you have to add some summery undertones-lemon and mint with a little creamy peony( the spice is really too subtle to be considered seriously)..

I think it's great for doing just that as it's too light to be worn on it's own, and I am greatful I have it as it serves as a base for most of my summer mixes ;)
(try a spray of your favourite perfume with a few sprays of this- you may be amazed!:)

Jellybean
Jellybean

Soft floral-peony and musk mainly with mint and citrus at first; then pepper becomes stronger and stronger and all other notes dissipate. I find drydown becomes synthetic and metallic.
Beginning somewhat likable but rest of it not my cup of scent.
This fragrance was highly advertised and it's also overrated.

rita.m
rita.m

very citrusy
i dont like it
Mint and Citrus
This is for men not for women

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This is a very nice and fresh fragrance suitable for spring and summer. I think it is very reminiscent of a field of all kinds of flowers with a river flowing through those fields with a cool and crisp breeze. Ladies, if you wear this around me, you are guaranteed to get a compliment ;)

marily
marily

So fresh,sweet citrusy and aquatic scent......The mint is very strong.....very celan scent,suitable for summer time

GoldieGoldie
GoldieGoldie

A really good perfume.Smell so fresh and sexy.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Sorry for my negative fragrantica's but this is nothing unique. I have smelled this scent many times before. It's just too strong on me and is one of the few perfumes that cause my nose to run and burn. It is very potent and has tons of lasting power. I had to wash it off and even after two washings I can't seem to get rid of the scent. I think it's just way to fresh - green and sharp. It really messes with my olfactory senses.

kirinie
kirinie

I have a sample of the EDT. It opens as a sweet citrus with a clear aquatic note. I just barely get a whif of mint. After a few minutes I notice a bit of something spicy, probably the pink pepper. After that the jasmine appears. It gets sweeter on me as time passess and becomes hard for me to smell on my skin after a couple of hours. It's so lovely on me and I really wish it had more lasting power. Perhaps the EDP would be the way to go.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I was hesitant to try this as I hate greens and really dislike water scents, but the mint was too tempting.

I only tried this on a paper test strip but I LOVE IT!! I baught a bottle online and can't wait to get it. The mint with lemon is REFRESHING! A lttle sweet but not syrupy

!! Don't let the 'green' or 'aquatic' labels stop you from trying this !!!

===========
Got my roller ball of this yesterday LOVE IT... really fresh WITHOUT ANY GREEN SCENTS.. mint and maybe cucumber..

Rolled it on my forearms from wrist to elbows, behind ears and down center of my chest.. over 3 hrs it's still strong and when I move I get this great whiff.. Perfect for California 100+ hot days when I cant wear my normal heavy oriental and I am tired of the citruses I usually resort to. YEAH!!!!

hollyms
hollyms

It's nice, but just not "me." I wouldn't want it in my collection but would enjoy smelling it on others. Sometimes that's how it should be

lushnight
lushnight

This smells like grapefruit sprinkled with sugar.

achaille
achaille

I had a bottle of Lauder Pleasures Exotic years ago that I loved. I was so looking forward to smelling Acqua di Gio because I was intrigued by the inclusion of mint. Upon sniffing it for the first time (and wearing a tester a few different times) I could not help but be reminded of the Lauder flanker. I liked ADG just fine, but it wasn't unique to me.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

یک رایحه دلچسب برای تابستان بهمرا خنکی سواحل دریا که انسان از بوئیدن سیر نمی شنود . اگر فرد مقابل در طول روز از این رایحه استفاده کند مسیر خود را وسوسه انگیز تر میکند.

Jama4
Jama4

Mediterranean vaccation in a bottle.

Acquq di Gioia is hard to describe its not quite flora, but not quite a citrusy scent. It leaves you smelling shower fresh hours after application even in humid weather.

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: yes
Potency: Medium (2-5 sprays)
Timing: all year especially summer
Projection: 6 feet
Longevity: 12 hrs +
Price : $59 for 50 ml/ 1.7 oz at Winners / TJ Maxx
Packaging: 8/10

Will I Repurchase: Undecided

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

red gloves
red gloves

My mum has this one and on her it's great... On me, the notes don't develop in nothing too interesting, although I like the lightness and freshness of this fragrance.

Hallonix
Hallonix

I love mojitos, and therefore I really wanted to try this. What a pity that Acqua di Gioia is nothing like the ad... I thought it would be fresh, citrusy and green. Like a heavy summer rain in a pretty bottle.

The only thing I can smell is sugar. It is like white sugar mixed with water. Nothing green or citrus-like in there.

natluvly
natluvly

I have been looking for a scent to kind of round out my collection and I was also searching for a summer scent to use this year. I had certain criteria I wanted to fulfill like I wanted something that could possibly be worn year round, something that had depth, was floral but fresh or maybe I just wanted something I liked when I smelled it and wasn't too expensive. Though I love Armani scents, I had passed this one by thinking it would be a generic scent, I think this is due to the fact that I didn't like any of the "Gio" scents in the past. Anyhoo, I had also given up on finding a scent to replace my beloved Cool Water which was my signature for about 10 years as a teen & young adult. Everything labeled Aquatic has been too immature or I had already tried and was over them.

So, I received a sample of ADG with a recent swap and sprayed it once when the weather had not warmed up yet and it came across just overpowering and wrong for me. Fast forward to today I spray it on my wrist and hmmm smells nice...floral IMO with a sweet cedary citrus background. OK, so one more spray on my shirt and I think I'm digging this. It does have masculine features which I think is from the cedar & mint combo (which is delicious) , which I actually like since I don't like overly sweet scents. Those notes balance out the sweetness from the sugar note. So the key with this one is the balance. This is going on my short list for a new summer scent! I'll update my review the more I test & if I end up purchasing it. I think I'm loving this one & so far longevity seems pretty decent and my skin eats up scent. It also lingers nicely!!

JesseBelle
JesseBelle

Oh dear. This perfume has missed the mark for me. When I spritzed it on my wrist and brought it up to my nose, the first smell I got was that of cut grass, and then weeds, and them buchu from my granny's herb garden!!! Urgh!!! It is just an awful combination and does not work well with my skin or olfactory senses at all. It stayed on all day (sadly) and so I smelt like weeds. For anyone wanting a crisp, green, fresh but grassy smell, go for it. Otherwise give it a big miss.

ancelicah
ancelicah

I wanted a fresh summer fragrance, and my hubby got this for me. Easy to find ;) I love the opening, so fresh and minty. Then after 10 minutes it dries down to a very generic soapy sweet floral. A slight disappointment. Everyone else smells the same. And this does not survive very long on a humid climate. Try this with a distant cousin who is Philosophy Senorita Margarita shower gel.

LuciaMD
LuciaMD

I love it but wish that it could be a bit stronger and last longer. It is a discret perfume

vanillary29
vanillary29

Acqua di Gioia is exactly how others have described it here - like a Mojito! The opening is sweet, citrusy and minty. Then the jasmine comes into play, giving it a 'perfumey' feel. And finally, it dries down to a warm, vanilla base. After seeing the stunning commercial, I expected something greener, fresher and more earthy. However, its a pretty, summery scent and its not sharp or masculine like some 'fresh' scents tend to be. I can imagine it working well as a summer time 'going out scent'. Also, even though it has sugar as one of the notes, it by no means smells juvenile. It smells quite sophisticated with a touch of playfulness. It also really, really reminds me of D&G Light Blue. To me, they're like sisters. LB is like the bossy, sharp, uptight older sister and ADG is the sweeter, more pleasant younger sister. They might have their differences, but in the end, they belong to the same family!

thazinha30

Back in 2010 I bought this perfume, looooved it (I think I already reviewed this before) but found it didn't really last long on me so I gave it to my sister who loved it and said it lasted super long on her.

3 years later, I decided to give this another try just because I truly loved the scent, and this afternoon I did! First impression was that it is, to me, a different perfume from 3 years ago. This one is fresh but also minty (I smell mint very prominently) and sweet, as in sugary. I guess someone described it as a Mojito and I agree.

Is it possible that the perfume changed? Or maybe back then I tried the EDT Eau Fraiche instead of the EDP and didn't know? The one I remember was very sharp, citrus and fresh, don't remember the sugar or mint. That doesn't mean I don't love this "new found" scent, I'm just intrigued. Either way, I found this to be pretty long lasting, even after a shower it was still in my arms, and sillage is pretty good upon spraying, becoming softer as time goes by. I was gonna go ahead and buy it on the spot but will try a few more times (and maybe even try the EDT to see if that's the one I had before!)

In a nutshell, I feel happy, clean and fresh when I have this on and I recommend this for anyone who's looking for a refreshing summer scent but doesn't mind the sweetness.

fizzer
fizzer

This should be relabeled as an edt. It does not have the longevity of an edp. Opening notes are incredibly fresh and wonderful. An hour later there is nothing but a sour smell on clothes. Nothing on skin. Huge disappointment.

liiva
liiva

I do not wanna say something bad, but I cannot understand how someone can endure this scent? It's sickening fresh. I was waiting something realy minty fresh and a bit sweet. I am very disappointed.
I sometime thinking... why I so much hate all those "fresh" scents ? :(

I do not wanna say something bad, but I cannot understand how someone can endure this scent? It's sickening fresh. I was waiting something really minty fresh and a bit sweet. I am very disappointed.
I sometime thinking... why I so much hate all those "fresh" scents ? :(

thazinha30

I really liked this fragrance, it smells everything I love in a perfume: fresh, aquatic and green, however, this didn't last on my skin at all. Upon spraying it I get this beautiful scent that transports me to a blue lagoon type of place, but after an hour the smell is completely gone. Too bad, had to give it to my sister who loved it. If this lasted a bit longer, I would probably buy it over and over because it's one of my most loved scents to date. Sniff :'{

Takhaet
Takhaet

Its quite nice- refreshing and warm at the same time . Lemon and sugar play the leading role on my skin at the beginning and then after few minutes a lovely refreshing mint joins in followed by jasmin and cedar.

It changes a lot during the day- sometimes its cold and energizing and sometimes its warm . Quite elegant as for a summer fragrance and feminine.
I like it a lot. It brings sunshine to this gloomy spring in the UK we have at the moment.....

Longevity acceptable- more than 6 hours on my skin which is as for a light and fresh fragrance quite of an achievement when it comes to my skin ph and humitidy in the air.

It is not very sophisticated but it definitely has that Armani stamp in it..there is something about Armani perfume that is distinctive and recognizable in my opinion.

soonflower
soonflower

Fresh
Airy
Herbal
Slightly sweet
Uplifting

Great for everyday wear during hot spring and summer.
Great lasting power.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The lemon opening combined with mint is very refreshing. The middle notes with jasmin, pink pepper and peony are all that I like. But the sugar makes it way too sweet, almost gives me tooth-ache. I was really surprised to find it that sweet regarding to the image given by the campaign. It's still nice. However, I was in a hunt for a clean summer scent, it doesn't fill in the case. I prefer it in sping and autumn. The longevity is 6h+ and the sillage is moderate. A curious thing that apart from the sugar, it reminds me of Matthew Williamson Lotus, though they have completely different notes.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I have tried this one several times. I even bought it once, then returned it. Here's the deal. I love the first notes. So fresh and unusual. But after 15 minutes, it smells too perfume-y. I wish it had less floral and more salty smells. It is not unpleasant though.

xVal
xVal

I always see this perfume and I never think of trying it, I guess because I got mistaken that it's the "Acqua di Gio" ( 1995 ) , which I don't like.
I would definitely try it, and I'm sure I would love it. :)

EDIT:Ok I tried this , and surprisingly I didn't like it, it's sooo strong, not clean at all for me, disappointed. :(

ecechich
ecechich

Jusr like mojito! Opening is starting with fresh mint then sugar is coming...
Not long lasting, 2-3 hours I think...

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

The aqua di gioga armani smells subtly sweet with watery coconut-like vanilla scent!

Milladane
Milladane

Acqua di Gioia EDP is a cute, sweet, and light fragrance that feels summery and refreshing. It starts out with a sweet and pleasant minty lemony citrus, and becomes more floral. After it becomes more floral, it loses me a little bit, but I thoroughly love the beginning, much to my surprise....because the first time I tested this, I was completely unimpressed.

I find the name very unimaginative...haven't we all noticed by now that the companies always recycles names from old successful launches....in this case from the now dated Acqua di Gio. I think Armani is very successful in creating a new scent for today's audience, even if they share the same (eyes rolling) marketing campaign of a water-nature-loving sexy girl with wet hair and intensely pale eyes.

I also think it is similar in nature to Light Blue. The citrus in Light Blue is more lemon-orange creamsicle to me. The citrus in the opening here is more lemon-minty drink. They're different, but to me, they are the same in spirit.

I like this one, and if I was still in my early 20s, without much responsibilities except to have lunch and sip fruity drinks or ice tea with friends at restaurant patio tables, I'd consider buying a FB to douse myself in it....with a travel spray in my purse to reapply, of course, so I can keep enjoying the top notes!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I tested this today - strangely enough, for the first time ever - and honestly I feel like I have found the fragrance I have been looking for for ages! I can't believe this fragrance has been under my nose (almost literally) for so long and I haven't actually tried it!

Acqua di Gioia smelled the same on my skin as it did on the paper testing stip - it is sweet without being too sweet, and fresh without being sharp; it is smooth, with just a hint of floral. There was never a point where Acqua di Gioia turned sour or cloying, and it never smelled masculine on me. I can still smell the spot I sprayed about 6 hours ago. I actually don't find this fragrance boring at all, even if it is somewhat linear. Images that came to my head smelling it - cold glass of ice water on a humid day, the clink of the ice cubes on frosted glass, a sweet summery breeze, nowhere to be. I imagine hair in natural, beachy waves, the color white - whether it be a white tea and jeans, or white maxi dress -... This is vacation/relaxation in a bottle, to me. It is gorgeous.

For the past few months I have been testing/buying fragrances voraciously, looking for that one fragrance to round out my perfume wardrobe. I feel like I have finally found exactly what I was looking for. Furthermore, I think this could be worn year round. I love that Acqua di Gioia is an undeniably fresh fragrance that retains its femininity from beginning to end. I am so excited to add this one to my collection!!!

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

You're soaking in a cool, blue pool while holding freshly sliced lemons to savour its burst of zesty citrus scent. Beside you, lay a small tray of crushed mint leaves. It's simply cold and refreshing. There is a dash of sugar floating around. As the day goes by, that cool blue pool warms up as flower petals fall into the water, alongside sugar cubes and a sprinkling of pink pepper. Soon, evening approaches. The sky darkens but the pool remains comforting and warm as the scent of sugar, labdanum and cedar flares.

On my skin: Sweet, aquatic woody fragrance is what I get. I'd have preferred it to be fresher but Acqua di Gioia is definitely a warm aquatic. Good for summer nights and cooler summer days.

I can't smell the flower notes distinctively. I kind of have a hunch that they're chemical scents rather than the real deal. In ADG essenza I could smell the realistic jasmine note. Not here, though.

------------------
Longevity: 2-3 hours on skin on humid days. It lasted 6-8 hours when I first used it. I guess my nose got used to the scent.

Weather: Hot and humid. Humidity levels up to 90%

Sillage: Huge if oversprayed. 2-3 sprays will give a moderate sillage for the first 1-2 hours before it dies down to a soft sillage. Lasts forever on clothes.

Price paid: $60/3.4fl oz. I got it on promotion from an online perfume store.
-------------------

mijaco
mijaco

My signature scent! I've searched high and low for a perfume that wouldn't turn sour in the humidity and heat of Guam and this definitely works. How do I know? My high school students, who have very finicky noses and loud opinions, compliment the scent quite often.

mzscura
mzscura

I first smelled this one on a paper sample and had to have it. But once I tried it on my skin I found that it didn't gel with my chemistry. I wanted to smell more of the clean lemon notes on myself, but instead it was very sugary and heavy.

tterekhova
tterekhova

While looking for my next signature scent, tried it at Shoppers Drugmart. First impression was: this is it. But now? Wears off quickly, leaving little to hold on to. Nothing special.

brain-ish
brain-ish

hmmm, it's very Italian I'd say! First sampled on paper, it seemed pretty aquatic, while on my skin it was about combination mint+sugar+something like labdanum. Mint ice-cream, maybe...but I love ice-cream- and il gelato in particular :)

lillyflower7
lillyflower7

I love this!!! Get compliments every time I wear it. Absolutely love it!!

There is a freshness , a feminity that is appealing, but at the same time it is a bit sharp on me, so I like it, but not enough to buy a bottle. It also has that underlying scent of soap, so I would think in summer it is a good option, but not my first choice for a refreshing spring scent.

mellie
mellie

I love, everytime i wear it makes feel like a sunny day on a beach or the smell after raining in the forest. But gives me really bad headaches

Di_berry
Di_berry

No wonder at all that has exactly the same scent as the Mojito, it's like I can almost taste it, except the rum has almost the same ingredients.
I'm enjoying much the Mojito, so that explains why I liked so much this perfume.
It's summery but can not find it overly fresh, sugar is very noticeable.
A nice fragrance,opens very citrusy, but it´s not so, I get a sweet vibe and a decent longevity and sillage!

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

A light, fresh, breezy scent. I wouldn't mind wearing it, but I'd probably buy ADG for men instead. It lacks the "wow factor". Pleasant and inoffensive.

freddinos
freddinos

Fresh and kinda unisex, it didn't win my heart. I would classify in my 'useful' category, as in useful when the weather is too hot and sticky and you are going somewhere that nobody will smell you, and you spray Acqua di Gioia just to smell fresh and citrusy for yourself! It falls in the same category as Be Delicious and Aroma Tonic, and I already have Be Delicious which I prefer anyway.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sugary fresh mint, sweet without being overpowering. The opening is my favorite part, the citrus is very well done and compliments the sugary mint very well. The dry down is watery florals with still a hint of mint. This would be excellent for hot, muggy summer days or for the office -- I can't imagine anyone complaining about this being overpowering. It is quite sweet though, the sugar can be a little syrupy in the dry down -- it's fresher in the opening -- so make sure you try before you buy. It could be too sweet for some.

tvdvampire
tvdvampire

Amazing perfume ! Fresh and really nice.

KittyFace
KittyFace

It's not a mohito! It's primary school lemonade stand!! The sugar in the bottle kills me slowly. I wish this ingredient could be replaced with something else. The commercial shows tropical humid and dense forest and bluish sea ... I can't feel any of that in the bottle. Aqua di Gioia is childish, naive and flat. It doesn't evolve in any way, just stays the same for 3 hour and then is gone. The bottle is almost as boring as the scent. God have mercy!

kay0981
kay0981

This smells wonderful :) Personally, I think this is like an improved version of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue, which smells like sour lemon on my skin.

Acqua di Gioia is more complex; less harsh; it opens with a well balanced duo of fresh citrus and soft mint, accompanied by a sugar note in the base, which sweetens up the overall composition. The light spicy notes come into play later on, but don't dominate the fragrance - they are quite faint; they warm up the composition, and give it a nice edge.

This is a perfect summer fragrance, the refreshing notes of citrus and mint remind of a soothing ocean breeze; the sugar and spices smell like a sandy beach warming up in the morning sun...A very well balanced perfume, despite the negative reviews, I think it smells wonderful - fresh, clean, warm, feminine, perfect for everyday wear as it's not overpowering. The lasting power is fantastic - up to 10 hours on skin, and 2-3 days on clothes (!). Makes a nice addition to a perfume wardrobe, even if it isn't the sort of scent you'd normally go for. Also, my other half loves it; amongst all my sophisticated woods, white florals and vanillas, this little gem is his favourite.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

klcowart
klcowart

Mmmm... I really do smell the ocean through this fragrance. It opens up citrus-y, and I kind of get the impression of mint, although it isn't really a strong note of mint. The sugar is prevalent, and I can kind of see a peppery whisp, with flowers surrounding all the of the non-floral notes. It is an appealing, mouth-watering fragrance, though nothing ground-breaking. I had a rollerball of it that I didn't use very much (although I really loved it when I tried in the store), and unfortunately I broke it recently. On the upside my room smells awesome every time I walk in! However, I'm not sure I'd repurchase this immediately. But I'll be moving to the beach in the next 7ish months, and who knows, I might be craving it when I'm in my new home! But I'm not sure it can compete with my personal favorite, Givenchy's Ange ou Demon Le Secret. Just thinking about these two fragrances is making me drool - I encourage those who haven't to try both.

Clyn11
Clyn11

I'm not so sure I'd call this fresh. Citrusy yes but because the sugar note is very strong, I find it hard to wear on hot humid Australian summer days. It becomes sticky and cloying with humidity. HOWEVER, I tried it on a cool, late summer /early autumn breezy evening....very nice. Good to wear on night out dancing :)

edeangelis
edeangelis

I thought I'd be able to like this one, especially since I love "fresh" scents, but I don't. On me it has a very synthetic and salty cucumber smell. Not a keeper.

seraaaa
seraaaa

Acqua di Gioa smells like citrus drink. Reminds me of Mojito. Compliment fisher, this one. I am loving it! The longevity is amazing too. Fresh!

fb.candice
fb.candice

Nice everyday scent. This smells better than D&G Light Blue.

domodomo
domodomo

I love this scent, one of my favorites. Fresh and unique, a nice departure from most of my floral fragrances.

munguu0613
munguu0613

i like it because it's so fresh . I love this scent all the time .

linda.reimane
linda.reimane

Good and neutral scent for summer. But this is nothing special, I know a lot of scents that smells similar.

lini
lini

clean fresh scent..to me..this is a much more intense version of dolce &gabana light blue for women.

whiteharmony
whiteharmony

I have a sensitivity to some fragrance notes that kept me from wearing perfumes for some time. Recently I found that I was able to enjoy light, fresh, or fruity scents again and sought out a signature scent.

I tested many on paper first and kept coming back to Acqua di Gioia, which lasted for days on my paper strip, and which had such a fresh, aquatic, relaxing scent that I couldn't wait to try it on myself. I tested it at Macy's and found that it smelled exactly the same on me as on the paper strip, had the same lovely dry-down, but wasn't ready to purchase a large bottle, so bought a roll-on version at Sephora to use in the meantime. Sadly, it didn't smell the same to me as the spray I'd tried earlier. Returning later to Macy's, I purchased a gift set with a number of items, including another roll-on for my purse. That one turned out to have the exact fragrance that I first discovered, loved, and which reminded me of my favorite place. So the moral of the story is obviously that there are different versions of this scent for sale out there that are not created equal, so keep an open mind. The one in my gift set is wonderful, unique (in my opinion), and feminine. My husband loves it on me as well. Once dry, it is not a demanding scent, but one so beautiful and relaxing that I dab a little on my wrists before bedtime so that here and there I catch a whiff of it before I fall asleep.

lspreack
lspreack

It's a good fragrance. I got a compliment when I was wearing it, but I dont know if I love it enough to buy a full bottle. I might look into a decant or small travel with this fragrance. Just a bright fresh fragrance.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I really wanted to like this one and was almost sure i would...but it was a big disappointment. Past the fresh lemony start, all i could get was a cloying honey smell. Like hot pancakes dosed in syrup!...delicious but not my ideal as a fragrance.

I was hoping that ADG will be a new fav of mine, especially that i love aquatics, and I was expecting it to be a new classic to replace L'eau d'issey, Cool water, l'Eau par Kenzo etc..., but this is far from it IMHO. It's more in the line of Pink Sugar and the like.

butterflywarrior
butterflywarrior

I couldn't wait to try this scent, but the first time I tried it, it was way too sweet for me and not what I expected. Luckily I didn't follow my first impression. I waited another 6 months and tried it again and LOVED the perfume. I have now been using this perfume for over a year and I love it more every time I use it and it is one of my all time favorite perfumes. In warmer months it's my signiature scent for daytime. Although I do love to wear it year round and at various times of the day, it is at it's very best in warmer months during the day on me. I live in the tropics and it is just perfect for this climate.

I find that the scent does completely match the description, advertising and adds. I have spent a lot of time in the tropics and this scent does remind me of an island destination and being on vacation. Water does bring joy to me in it's many forms- whether as a raindrop or stream in a tropical forest or the scent of the sea, making the name completely apt. I am a nature lover, and this scent to me is very natural; The elements of water, flowers, citrus, and mint in this perfume are all very natural smelling and not at all synthetic. The bottle and the box capture the simple elegance and beauty of water. Simply beautiful!!

The scent is a very well balanced aquatic fragrance. It has depth, warmth and coolness- all traits which water on a tropical island has. I love water and the natural scent of water, but I have only ever found two fragrances that have ever been able to capture the scent of water in it's depth in a warmer climate- this one being one of them- the other one being "Ocean Dream" which was discontinued years ago. Most aquatic fragrances are too sharp in my opinion and this one stays clear of this chilling sharpness, although there are some cool notes in this fragrance. These cool notes, however are balanced by warm notes. I can pick up all the notes over the hours of wear. I simply love it, as it really does bring me joy and reminds me of the happiness that water gives me. I feel beautiful, happy and at peace when wearing this.

This perfume is made of high quality ingredients being a perfume not an EDT, making it have better staying power and projection. I love this about this scent. It is very rare in today's perfume world where many scents are expensive and don't last. To me, any scent that fades quickly or you can barely smell is not worth the waste of money. This one is well worth the money, however. It lasts for about 6 hours and you do not need much to make the scent project to arms length. I use two to three sprays and people can smell it when they get closer to me.

To put it simply, I love this perfume more every time I wear it. Thanks so much Giorgio Armani and the master perfumers who really made this scent just perfect and one of my all time favorite perfumes. It really gives me such joy and peace. What an ode to the love of nature and water. This will always be a mainstay favorite of mine as a vital part of my perfume wardrobe as long as Armani keeps producing it...

Jayela
Jayela

it reminds me men fragrance..

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

The first time I smelled this was in a magazine flap. Smelled really nice to me.

And the second time I tried it on my skin, it smelled pretty great -this lovely mix of scents that blended together so well.

The third time - all I got was jasmine. And the heavy cloying form of it, so then I wasnt so sure I liked it. (I like fresh-smelling jasmine. This one smelled a bit too strong, of dried jasmine, which I dont like)

And then I tried it again. Got the mint, the sugar, the jasmine only a bit, the lemon.

So after having tried it and tried it, and then tried it, I have to say I really like it. Very well-composed, harmonious, IMO.

So after all that trying...I am thinking of buying

;)

pbluberry
pbluberry

I like the freshness from the citrus and greens of this but I think it's a little too sweet for my taste. It smells like freshness plus the sugary sweetness you find in a lot of the fruity gourmand perfumes you find now a day. Maybe if they could dial down the sweetness of it I could enjoy it a little more. It's just ok for me.

liban23
liban23

I used to be crazy about this, but a year later and all I want to do is hurry up and finish the bottle. I used to find this very refreshing, and something nice to wear on any occasion. Now, it seems overly sugary and sweet and not as pleasant as it used to be. It is a nice perfume, but it definitely isn't for me anymore.

camilarbm
camilarbm

The fragrance is a delightful roller coaster. The opening is a a bit sugary but far from cloying. What is a nice is that there's a "honeydew" feeling because the scent of sugar is blended with pink pepper. I would say that the first impression is cubes of sugar dissolving in a rose water bath .

After a few moments the citric side starts to emerge due to the apparition of the lemon from Calabria. And again, what is nice is that the citrus is not excessively citric. Next to lemon's note is mint, softening the acidity and giving a feminine and refreshing touch. But this "refreshing" is far from that "just got out of the bath" feeling. I think it's more of a cheerful and playful touch from an icy cold pineapple mint juice.

And after a few hours the cedar note begins to highlight while the lemon starts to soothe, which brings that "post-summer rain" feeling (but I must confess that cedar and bamboo notes usually bring me that feeling ).

Acqua di Gioia is a great option for hot days or nights, whether casual or for a Happy Hour. I highly recommend it for teenagers.

Amberlynn4
Amberlynn4

I don't know why this got so many apathetic and negative reviews. I adore this scent. I have been on the search for my new go-to scent, something light and fresh enough to wear to work, yet something not boring that made me feel sensual and womanly with it on. I don't think it's masculine and feel it strikes a nice balance of being feminine and with an evocation of nature without smelling too earthy or too frilly. I am a feminine woman who loves nature but lives in Manhattan. The scent reminds me of surfing in New Jersey over the summer without that annoying beachy scent that's in Jennifer Anniston's perfume
Or in Kai perfume. On me I also smell a hint of warm vanilla, which must
Be the sugar in it. I think it smells better on me than in the bottle and I feel great when O wear this, which also lasts for hours on me. Bottom line like all perfumes, you simply have to see how it mixes with your body's chemistry.

Lovely123

It surprises me to hear so many people say that this is too masculine and not feminine. I've never smelt a guy with anything like this on before. In my opinion, at first spritz it is overwhelmingly sweet. After a few minutes it's sharp edge dies down and you can smell the fresh lemons and a very sweet mint, and this gives it a very fresh watery sweet scent. It's like stepping out of a shower after washing brown sugar off from your skin and hair, but it hasn't fully washed off. It lasts for hours on me, as well as on clothing, and the projection is phenomenal. I only have to spray once and that is quite enough. After a while of wearing it, it has a very sensual still kind of sweet and warmer scent. I feel like this is for a very confident, out-going, fun, and flirtatious woman. I think it is also kind of sexy, in a fresh way.

Emilym1992
Emilym1992

Nothing special. It doesn't stink or anything, but it's nothing you'll remember. I wear it when I go to work and just use the sample there. It's a fresh green fragrance. Wouldn't pay for it.

TallTales
TallTales

It's a nice scent. Nothing truly special, and its actually quite masculine on me. A friend of mine wears this and it smells far more feminine and refreshing on her. I only ever touch it during the summer.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

It makes me smell like a strong man.In the bottle it's beautiful but on it's too masculine.If they added ozone or watermelon instead of labdenum it would be more feminine

savitanaraine
savitanaraine

Hello, I have ben reading reviews about this fragance on Sephora which made me want to go out and buy it.My husband recently bought it for me but I was very disappointed. I expected more of a fresh watery scent rahter than a sweety one. Its not unique and is boring.

DriHonne
DriHonne

Very similar to Eau de Eden. I will pass this one.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I'm actually surprised that I like this scent because I usually am not a fan of aquatic scents on my skin but this smells so good. I think I really like this because of the mint. The mint makes this aquatic scent smell so clean and fresh without making this smell like laundry detergent or straight up flowers. Love this!
I also wanted to add that I think that this scent could be unisex as well which is also neat.

derkargy
derkargy

Too much mint in a summer perfume and I wonder why..

m4
m4

Aromatic citrusy scent with jasmine and slightly masculine edge. Opening is like sour but yet sweet citrusy lollipop and I wanted to eat my arm. Than comes animalic jasmine with mint and the scent became strong. Pretty casual and comfortable citrusy summery (can be used all year round) scent for both girls or mature woman. Moderate projection and longevity. Good job Armani. :-)

susieqrj

You see the ad and you imagine a refreshing frag: the waterfalls, the sea, the colours. You try Acqua de Gioia: sugary water and not refreshing at all. Longevity is poor (vanishes from your skin in 2 hours).
I really miss Acqua de Gio....

annettepe
annettepe

i usually never go for fresh fragrances but this one is definitely an exception. its very fresh and clean but still has a sweet sugary citrus element to it. nothing cloying just pleasant. its a very easy fragrance which i find very sophisticated. somehow guys love scents like this and light blue by D&G. always get compliments!

Corinne 16
Corinne 16

I do love this delicate, classy fragrance and got through my bottle very quickly. Its fairly long-lasting and I would definitely buy it again.

ZanaLind
ZanaLind

Love it

robororo
robororo

I saw it at the shop. I smelled it...I loved it. Sure, it smelled quite "common, but with a twist", but I fell in love with Acqua Di Gioia after first spray. Fresh, minty ant citrusy, it soon blends into sweet warm sugary jasmine. It balances perfectly.
Only con is that smell doesn't stay for too long, about 2-3 hours only.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

It`s minty and zingy, with just enough sugar to balance the pepper. I like it, but I rarely wear fresh perfumes and I do not find this one interesting enough to buy unless it was very discounted.
I am surprised to see only one other person mention it smells like Malibu Musk ! But to be honest, I liked Malibu Musk better.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

Watery,minty,citrusy,cold and extremely fresh..But where's the sugar note in it ?
Acqua di Gioia is ideal for hot summer days !

MontrealGirl
MontrealGirl

Loved it in the bottle; I could smell the lemon, mint and sugar. On the skin however it smelled like metallic grapefruit. I would also say it is more of a masculine than feminine smell. I would not buy it.

Siniorita
Siniorita

I loved it.. I read some people saying that it doesn't last.. While the opposite happened with me, I found it durable on both clothes and skin.. Maybe it's our country's hot weather that makes it so.. I am not sure..

lastnightscent
lastnightscent

Mm this smells interesting and mysterious to me, not fruity or floral at all which I like. Not a stereotypical woman's fragrance, unique.

Dollycat
Dollycat

Unlike many comments here i think this perfume is far from ordinairy. It has very surprising twists like apple, melon, sugar and spicy elements. I don´t think this is a boring scent like D&G light blue but rather a well mixed fresh and summerly perfume with a hint of sexiness. I love it!

Jucmorgo
Jucmorgo

Simple melon scent with sugar and a bit citrus/bitter thing.
At first I thought that is the perfect for me but later...
...it is good that I did not buy that.

the Italian
the Italian

Sorry people.
I had to smell it after seeing the commercial ad, which is pure beauty and perfection. So I was expecting to find myself running in the middle of a rainforest under fresh rain, feeling like a nature goddess and bursting joy. Guess my expectations were too high.
Anyway, turns out that I rather felt like an old, neurotic, cold hearted and bitter woman working in a cheap office. If I were a man smelling this, I would run away. It is like the anti-sex of perfumes.

Giorgio perdonami ma questo non dovevi farlo!

scalene
scalene

Another good one from Armani. Code has been my ID for the past 3 years, and I'll happily replace it with Gioia for a while. It is a long lasting frangrence that takes me away to the nature in my everyday routine.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

Love Gio on men but this female fragrance for me was like wearing a melon.

Batman2011
Batman2011

This is fresh and reminds me of a rain forest!
(Which is good, because i like rain forests!)
I was also impressed that the dry down still packed a punch and didn't disapear! - Amazing right?
I would buy a bottle of this for those days where i fancy a change.
However i haven't worn it regularly enough to see if it would cause me a headache.

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

this fragrance does not got well with my body chemistry. make me nauseous and give me a headache. longevity is good

silver349
silver349

got it today and love love love it !!!!!

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

This smells very similar to Light Blue. I really can't tell a big difference except in the drydown LB is a little more feminine. This does not smell fem at all.

Selo12394

I was lucky enough to purchase Acqua Di Gioia in Spain after wanting it for quite a while. I feel it's a scent with a lot of different moments that really changes as it goes along. Advertised as a fresh citrus, it is a great and unique scent that starts off with a very strong but not unpleasant mix of lemon and mint. It has enough special notes, mostly the mint and pink pepper, that make it unlike other popular fragrances you are likely to find people wearing. Unique scents for good quality are typical of Armani fragrances. The dry-down, though, is actually quite different; it's warm and sweet thanks to the sugar, and as others have mentioned, it lasts remarkably long for a citrus scent. I think it really is good and necessary to experience its dramatic transformation over time. It develops okay, but not perfectly, on my skin. All in all I enjoy this and will definitely put it in my collection of fresh scents.

ForrealMe2

i like it better and this one is more D&G Light Blueish to me and i am not a big floral person ...now on to the review of what i have since there is not a page up for it yet...this is an aquatic scent that is dewy white florals mixed with fresh lemon and grapefruit..i have the limited edition chrome version in silver and i thought it had the beautiful minty scent i love but just goes to show when they mean limited editions its not just the cover its the whole scent i think they were testing or it was just for the summer...a good fresh scent but i think i love the original more i will update you to see what i think...the original ended up smelling like candy peppermints it is so refreshing...

update..i love the limited edition better than the original..its way sweeter on the sugar with the white florals and i like that better

teresayoho

love love love , the best compliments always!

teresayoho

love love love , the best compliments always!

angeldoll
angeldoll

I waited a long time for this perfume. I got it ! :) And it's very fresh clean scent with a drop of sugar. I feel lovely peppermint and lemon with a little bit pepper. Yes, It's a little sweet but pleasantly...Lovely tropical & crisp scent. I would recommend it for women 20 +.

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

when you first smell it its very clean but then it stays strong and keeps on going and I had to wash it off after 2 hrs because it would not dry down!! Now its a nightmare!

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I feel like a heretic, but I don't like Acqua di Gioia. I bought a roller-ball of it to test, rolled it on my wrists and neck and waited for the magic. But it isn't happening on my skin. I got some rather routine citrus top notes, a little fruity and floral sweetness as it dried down...which intensified as the citrus evaporated; and then, as the cedar emerged, became slightly disturbing. I think it is too sweet maybe and I am waiting for something spicy or rich to deepen it. It also smells familiar, like a scent linked with travel and the sort of boredom that can accompany long waits at an airport. Possibly someone near me wore it during a particularly irritating flight delay? Whatever the reason, on me it is not a refreshing, invigorating scent. Perhaps I lack the necessary chemistry to develop it fully?

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I bought this recently. This is a fresh splash of water! I love the soft sugary mint in this one. It's ideal for summers!
Sillagewise this one is strange, I have the idea that people can't smell it and until now, no one has said anything. But when I get my clothes out of the dirty wash :-) , I can still smell the perfume from days ago. So I guess sillage is good as longevity, on clothes anyway. I don't know about on me.

leslievadams
leslievadams

fresh and clean nice scent for a everywhere everyday wear recomend 100%

RoxanaM4491
RoxanaM4491

I find it very appealing -- I love citrus florals.

The best way I can describe this scent is as a more surfer/Abercrombie & Fitch style take on what otherwise would smell identical to the classic D&G Light Blue.

That being said, of the two, I do prefer Light Blue due to the more pineappley/sweet citrus scent, which reminds me much more of an enchanted forest, rather than the more white floraly notes in Acqua di Gioia, which is very cool and aquatic.

karliekloss
karliekloss

This is a really nice fresh scent I spray usually about two spritzes of it since it is not long-lasting. It lasts about 4 hours tops. Great for daytime & I got a compliments on it.

Vampiris
Vampiris

before i got it..i wanted it badly..mainly because i was amazed by the ad of this perfume

after i got it and tried it on my skin for a few times..i like it..it's quite OK, just not a top pick for me

i can hardly smell anything citrusy or fresh..definitely sugary and sweet with a touch of green/grass..don't get me wrong..i love sweet/gourmand fragrances..but the sweetness in it is like diluted sugar water..the dry down is a bit powdery and weak..not very delicious or yummy as there is just one dimension form the beginning to the end..sugar water..

i definitely don't dislike it..it's just not really interesting enough..but luckily i only have a 30ml bottle..may not reinvest on it again..

Jimmy Raynor
Jimmy Raynor

A lady friend of mine sprayed this on and I tried it from the bottle. Later I smelled it on her too. I commented that surely, men could pull this one off too for sure. A wave of laughter followed and I was actually a bit embarrassed after I said that. Good that some reviewers here agree with me, it's a little masculine. It stands far from the Acqua di Gio for men though, only similarity that it's clean and fresh (I'm no Acqua di Gio fan).
The bottom line is that this one is a nice clean scent which distances itself from overly sweet and synthetic floral and candyshop scents which I smell alot of women my age. It's not as sexy and seductive though in my opinion, just clean and fresh.

pauluch3
pauluch3

The elixir of happiness

At first, there's a burst of citrus that gives you some coolness and refreshment on a hot summer day, and then it changes into a very sweet floral, but stays fresh throughout. Superb lasting power makes it my ideal daily summer fragrance. It lifts my spirits every time!

*****

dichant
dichant

it was luv at d 1st sniff..the scent is a mysterious sexy yet refreshing.. really suit with its ad.. a sexy girl walk out from d forest than go 2 have sum fun at d beach on the desert island ... LUV IT!!!!

debi0221
debi0221

I really wanted to like this fragrance. I ordered the rollerball & was excited to get it. It t smelled soooo good in a magazine. Tried it & immediately got a raging headache. I thought I would try again a few days later & just put a dot of this on- same thing... sadly I had to return it.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia is sweetly clean and refreshing! Sweet sugar, fresh lemon, and cool mint with cedar and peony in the dry down. I wore this to a wedding today and everyone was complementing me on how wonderful I smelled! Finally a women’s lemon scent that doesn’t smell like the sharp lemons in men’s cologne! Love this fragrance!

hails_blogger
hails_blogger

Doesnt work on my skin chemistry....pretty upset as it smelt so nice on the card:-( such a clean, crisp scent

nanhah
nanhah

i really like this perfume. good for everyday, not too strong or overpowering as some can be. fresh and light. i get SO many compliments when i wear it. it is very hard to describe to me. nit lasts all day long, starts out very fresh light, watery, green then by lunch turns very sugary and sweet, but in a good way.

banksgirl6
banksgirl6

My younger sister has this fragrance, and every time I return home I try it again, hoping that it will FINALLY impress me...hasn't happened yet. I love the Armani colognes, so I expected a lot from this fragrance. It isn't a bad fragrance...it's just not really there at all on me. It smells very "watery" on me, like I just got out of a shower, which is nice, but not spectacularly thrilling. I don't get any of the floral notes, just the "aquatic" ones.

malarvizhi
malarvizhi

WOW!! very nice. This is fruity floral. When you buy the perfume don't judge it for the first spray. Give it a try for 10days. I can smell the perfume more than six hours.dry down is sweet and sugary.This is an amazing perfume.Ignore the negative reviews.This is the best summer fragrance and you can smell it all threw the day. What is the point wearing a perfume if you can not smell it and only others? Good job!!Armani you are the best.....

Miss Glamour
Miss Glamour

smells wonderful !!! like a blast of a very fresh scent...

von dita
von dita

Sorry- no wows from me! just an average perfume with rather poor lasting powers. It's a shame because i hoped for something better. And beware, it might be too sweet for a hot summer day, even if you're a lover of sweet notes.

graceadlerk
graceadlerk

I love the perfume! I get compliments every time I wear it. One lady in my office went and bought it after smelling it on me. It's popular with my co-workers.

Saster01
Saster01

I still have mixed reviews about this fragrance. It is a like, hate relationship. It is not Light Blue, but is a nice clean fragrance.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I love the scent. It is light, airy, clean....I just question its staying power. Beautiful light scent for summer. It just smells like summertime to me. I just wish it lasted longer on my skin.

Bethesda
Bethesda

Lemon, mint and white flowers is not a combination you'd expect but it smells absolutely amazing. So refreshing and has a marine element to it so it's great for hot weather and beach holidays. I smell brown sugar in the dry down along with the lemon and mint so, like someone else mentioned, it makes me think of mojitos! It's reminiscent of homemade lemonade, too. Drinking mojitos overlooking the sea and smelling of peonies...or drinking lemonade in the garden after getting home from the beach. :)

AirCitrusWater
AirCitrusWater

Eccentric. First spray is sharp like vodka, then a watery sweetness comes out, then it is gone. But if you concentrate a fleeting soft breeze is left, very faint, that last till morning. Subtle, you have to close your eyes and almost listen for it, it's very quiet, not a loudmouth floral.

The most sophisticated of the watery fragrances, but very relaxed. Makes one want to luxuriate like a cat. Forget about getting centered and focused, which is why I could never make this my signature scent.

It's a difficult scent to pin down, different every time. I think the trick is to figure out where to wear it. It would be great on vacation or maybe even the weekend. Anywhere you want to take the edge off - or not, it's so contradictory.

Meant for someone with a strong personality, disciplined, centered, confident and successful. If you're not feeling these things, this perfume is nice and sweet but might unhinge you.

I get a vision of flowing white silk/satin with this, but a bit masculine like a white silk dress shirt. It's for anyone who can wear white silk, perhaps for a time and place for white silk. A person who says look I have mastered these things.

Bebette
Bebette

Upon first spray I was terribly disappointed! It smelled entirely too masculine, I felt like I smelled like my boyfriend and it was a major turnoff! If I wanted to smell like him I'd wear his colognes lol so I quickly scrubbed it off. However, I decided to give it another chance and was much more pleased. I didn't get any florals at all, not even a hint of them. From beginning to end was lemon and mint, at first they seemed to compete for the spot light but throughout it's evolution they blended nicely. The quality of these notes were obvious so that is a plus. It briefly transported me back to my childhood where I'd pluck mint leaves right off the plant and eat it every time I visited my Abuelos. So although I will not be purchasing a bottle as it is not for me, it was pleasant enough for me to respect it and to understand why everyone enjoys it.

aishahkay
aishahkay

fell in love with it when the Sales Rept sprayed it to me for the first time and I remembered that it reminded me of my younger years. the smell is quite strong and I think it's good for evening...

iulianada
iulianada

Simply THE BEST perfume EVER !!!! Thank you, Giorgio Armani!

cbishton
cbishton

I used to wear Acqua di Gio in the summer and on trips to the Caribbean and it was hands down my favorite warm weather fragrance. So when I saw this I was excited to try it. At first, in the store, I loved it but then I bought it and brought it home and it just gave me a headache. I divorced and never want to wear any of my signature fragrances from that relationship again ever so I am still searching for something new. This was a huge disappointment as I used to love wearing Armani fragrances winter and summer.

tinaelisa

Once and for all: there IS NO men's version of this smell. There is a women's and men's version of Aqcua di Gio. The womens version of Aqcua di Gio isn't sold that much anymore. But it still exists! I guess that is why sometimes people think Aqcua di Gioia is de women's version of Aqcua di Gio for men.
Aqcua di Gioia is a (somewhat) new fragrance. There is no men's version of Aqcua di Gioia yet! So please stop saying that this fragrance right here is de women's version of Aqcua di Gio, because it is not.
I'm sorry, but I really had to get that of my chest..

Olefact
Olefact

Hmmpff! It seems we have yet another perfume house that can thank Prescriptives for its "creation": this perfume wouldn't exist without Calyx. What with so many perfumes inspired by Calyx, it's now a sub-genre.

Calyx, the original, packs more punch, though this is a nice improv. ; )

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I am surprised with all the bad reviews, I just bought this week, oddly I do not like acqua di gio but this one caught my attention. It's a fresh, lightlyfloral scent. It does remind of a tropical beach. Lightly sweet but is not overwhelming, its subtle and lasting. I recommend it.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Compared with Acqua di Gioia Essenza, this is more lemony, less floral. Still fresh with citrus and lemon is intense until the drydown. I agree with previous reviewers, this is fruity aquatic in stead of floral.

amelie
amelie

Acqua di Gio is my absolute favorite of the summer, while Gioia turns synthetic on my skin. All the flowers take on a strange smell, which is more repulsive to me. Even lemon top not with mint didn't impress.Seems to be no good effort, could have been nicer looking at fragrant notes.
Armani is special for me though, because Sensi is unsurpassed, so always try all of Armani.I appreciate Giorgio Armani's work very much (fashion and fragrance creations) but this time I remained a bit disappointed. Never mind, I still hope to see Sensi and White Notes on the market,or at least something close to it. When I saw a flacon never expected something similar to White Notes, but I thought that there has been something even better from Acqua di Gio. Maybe some other time...

Lovely123

I love this perfume so much. It's so fun, fresh, flirty, and attractive. I wear it everyday now. On me, I only have to spray once and It'll last for 7 hours. It's strong at first, very sweet smelling, you have to let it dry for the sweetness to calm down a little. It turns to a close to the skin smell after 5 hours on me. Projection is pretty good, you'll overwhelm someone if you spray it on before being in a tighter space with them. It smells like diving into the ocean on a nice summer day, or actually just like the commercial with the gorgeous model. I always feel attractive and confident with this scent on.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A fruity, flirty, floral, feminine frag which is sexy, but not unique, very synthetic and IMHO nothing aqua..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 2 hours. 1.5 foot projection. Strong frag which is soooo feminine and majorly synthectic; it is nothing unique and some experienced noses may say that this is for the masses. I find it incredibly sexy. Sticky, fruity floral and modern day. Ages 30-43

2 hours - 3.25 hours- 6 inch projection. Same linear smell which gets compliments

3.25 hours - 5.5 hours - 2.5 inch projection. Smokiness comes in now which is not ideal, not as nice now but still ok

5.5 hours - 7.5 hours. Close to skin

Great start which many will surely like?

sunlover
sunlover

I've been wearing it for a couple of weeks now that it is warmer out, and it is just a very nice, light fragrance to wear anytime. It's very happy, without the fruit being too overpowering, and throughout the day I can smell some of the cedar, which I particularly like. My boyfriend tells me how good I smell each and every single time I wear this.

xocoatl
xocoatl

Wearing it is like having a cool breeze emanating from you. Very refreshing. Sometimes it's a bit salty ocean water, sometimes it's a bit like a sugary lime drink. I have to admit though that this combination of salt/sugar is confusing me a bit. It's not really a sexy or sensual scent in my opinion.. more a light and airy, carefree sort of fragrance.

Aspendina
Aspendina

ok i have tons of beachy scents and scents claiming to be aquatic but none of them compare to this, this is like a day at a water park and the smell of the water on a pool raft or a wet bathing suit, this screams SUMMER it screams FLORIDA it screams DAY AT A WATER PARK WITH THE FAMILY. It just keep screaming all these aquatic thing I have to get me a bottle of this soon.

Warning:
Don't spray this on your clothing! It won't smell as good as sprayed on skin.
I have it and really like it. It smells great on skin (fruity, fresh and watery), but not so great (really sharp and herbal) on fabric.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

The lady in the ad is very scary :|
This is really strong. I'm not sure yet whether I like it or not.

Akasha66
Akasha66

Like it but not lovin it. Great for the summer .big plus it lasts very long and is very noticeable! But the fragrance is common ,not the smell that is like no other ... Somehow for me smells litlle cheap,although it's so much better than a lot of different summer perfume. Was thinking to swing into this from Light Blue but still D&G suits me better
But the price is very reasonable for this one.

chain
chain

I love this perfume,last forever on my skin.Worth every penny.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

This is a very fun scent to wear! It goes through several phases - each of them unique and interesting. It starts with a blast of lemon and mint, with a touch of something sweet for a lemonade-served-with-a-sprig-of-mint effect. It gets a lot of comparisons to a mojito, and I can see that - just replace the lime with lemon. I also detect a bit of something green - almost a touch of verbena (I'm not sure what note it is, but it's very fresh).

It doesn't take long before the jasmine and poeny start to make things more complex, and here it takes on a fruity-floral character, which isn't all that unique, but it manages to smell well-put-together, fresh, and luxurious nonetheless. Something about this scent, at this stage, reminds me of Michael Kors' designs (not his fragrances) - imagine his streamlined, minimalist-yet-luxurious watches, purses, sunglasses - you get the picture. Acqua di Gioia keeps the pace with this type of chic - it gets the job done in a classy and respectable manner, refraining from any drama or unnecessary complications.

I will admit that the dry-down is a bit more aquatic than I'd like it to be on my skin - it becomes a bit linear and the florals seem to dissipate into a ghost-like whisper of freshness that is lacking a bit in depth. But, I suppose that's the point of AdG; it's meant to be a refreshing burst of happiness that is at once reminiscent of the Mediterranean. Mission accomplished, Giorgio Armani.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I originally sought this perfume because I was looking for something fresh and recently took an interest in mint notes. I took this for two test runs on two separate days and I'm not in love. I don't hate the fragrance, but there was no mint at all on my skin, not even in the opening. It was lemons and sugar, with a synthetic (and very common-smelling) floral aquatic base.

It's... fine.

damewolf13
damewolf13

This fragrance represents a summer meadow in a bottle.
It starts with the fresh aroma of wild spearmint and lemon zest, and then as it mellows out you can smell the floral notes, and even though it isn't listed, I smell something that reminds me of geranium.
The drydown brings out the cool cedar undertones and a bit of pepper mingled with the remaining mellowed down mint. Lovely spring/summer scent for women of all ages!

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

Smells very sweet and I imagined it exactly in the commercial and it's just... Mesmerizing.

So, I'm a guy and ladies... This is a must have in your collection. The minute I smelled this, I was just in a pure ecstatic moment. Age group I'd definitely say 18-30, it is damn good. To me this seems like it is targeted for women who are younger, I can't picture an older woman 30+ wearing this.

Hot sex on the rainy beach in a bottle. Guaranteed.

Rux2589
Rux2589

Usually, fresh perfumes do not impress me, but this one smells very interesting on my skin... I would have qualified it more as fruity, rather than citric.

What I do like about fresh perfumes is the way they can change on a person's skin. For example, O d'Azur and O de l'Orangerie would smell fantastic if the skin of the person wearing them would sweeten the scent a bit. Unfortunately, that's not the case for me. Acqua di Gioia does change on my skin though, and I find it youthful and sensual at the same time.

P.S. The advert is fantastic. I think it really is appropriate for this fragrance.

pamperqueen0000
pamperqueen0000

What can I say...very citrusy and summery. It's great for summer wear, especially outdoors. Indoors is another story...it just might get to be too much freshness. Try this one on your skin though, cause it's so fresh that the paper doesn't really give you a good idea.

fleurdelis44
fleurdelis44

I've always thought that fresh, summery perfumes have a tendency to smell manly--not unisex, but manly--in a roasted pine sort of way (a la Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche). This one doesn't.

This one is heavenly--light and juicy at the same time, shimmery with threads of sweetness. The torrential, slightly salty beachiness is brought out by the contrast between the lemon, pepper, and sugar. This one doesn't scream "sweet fruitbowl." What it screams to me is "changeful mystery."

I've worn this for about a week and every time I wear it, I feel engrossed by it. When a normally taciturn professor casually asked me, "that smells good. What is it?" I knew I've found something that'll become a staple. Looking forwards to lots of memories accompanied by this scent.

pattygirl
pattygirl

Citrus lovers rejoice! First whiff featured lemon and pepper while mint and sugar slowly crept in. Mint stayed for a bit, pepper left because he was there early and was tired, sugar hung out a bit longer. Then cedar barged in, and stayed...and stayed...sugar got fed up with cedar being the center of attention, and left the party. During all of this, jasmine was looking into a window from the outside, watching the cedar overstay its welcome. Jasmine quickly got bored and left. So the party ended up being a meet up between lemon and cedar, then sugar came back, but she was less social than she was before. She became the listener, while cedar and lemon chatted for hours. It's now an 8 hour affair, lemon and cedar...still talking, but at a much lower volume. And sugar is still there listening quietly, a presence, but not a talker.

All in all, a very zesty fragrance, I love it. This is for someone who likes to get attention, but acts like she doesn't, in a friendly way. A girl who knows when people are looking at her, but acts nonchalant and smiles a big smile. The woman in all of us who is the friend that makes you laugh the most and says "OK - one more drink, then we'll leave." This is not a calming, oceanic fragrance to me. This is a "I hope this night never ends" scent.

gabrieletennis
gabrieletennis

I just just did buy my second bottle. Amazing, clean, fresh, sexy, yet sweet and wonderful perfume. I am getting lots of compliments.I adore it

noori
noori

It's my mother's signature scent, and it suits her very well; I like it,but, maybe because it's hers, I wouldn't wear it.

Irenee
Irenee

I just tried this scent in the store, and didn't like it from first whiff. At first, the scent was very strong and fresh. But fresh as in a moldy water smell. It might have been the mint that ruined it for me.

Then walking around the store, it dried down a bit and became a little sweeter and more citrusy. It's still fresh, but it's not as overpowering as before.

Now, about 7 hours later, I can still smell it on my wrist, and it smells a little like jasmine and pepper. Which smell quite awkward together, in my opinion.

Overall, not the best. It just wasn't the right scent for me :/ Very disappointing for an Armani perfume.

ally.angeliss
ally.angeliss

This scent is very fresh,watery, and has a little bit of citrus in it
It's very very fresh and aquatic!!
I think its great to wear in hot summer day!

tinaelisa

This is THE best aquatic perfume out there! It's is just so beautiful. It's floral, fruity and watery. It goes on strong and the lasting power is pretty good. Also it doesn't have that manly smell to it that a lot of aquatic perfumes tend to have. Also the commercial is just so damn beautiful and matches the smell of it so well.
Stop searching for the best aquatic perfume. You just found it...!

doku
doku

very fresh and 'watery' ;] I like it on my skin especially when I feel kinda tired and in bad mood, because it gives me so much energy. very good perfume for a sunny day, but not bad for a colder one, too. goes well for both work and meeting with friends, no one ever told me that it is too sterong for them.

erikagloria
erikagloria

i actually loved it as soon as I smelled it. I was in a rush so decided to buy it.. after a few min of buying my head start hurting bad. The scent became something completely different from what I had smelled before. The aquatic freshness was gone. Then I also realized that the smell faded pretty quickly... so disappointed. I actually returned it.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

At first, I thought it was a classy citrus/Asian. I got the citrus notes, and the floral... but since it has dried it just smells like cleanser. An expensive Armani cleanser, but a cleanser none the less. Lol

Juma
Juma

With three words: Aquatic, sweet, lemon.
It's nice but I am not impressed.
Floral? No, it's fruity aquatic, IMO.
Great longevity.

CitiBelle
CitiBelle

First Impression was way to sweet, but the lemon and mint comes through quite quickly follwed by the watery tones. I quite like after it has been on my skin for a while and it does remind me of beach sand. I have a sample size of this but not sure that I like it enough to buy a bigger bottle.

februarysparrow
februarysparrow

my first impression of this perfume was not fruity, but rather wet and mossy- aquatic and green yet still feminine. the sweetness for me comes more toward the bottom of the scent, with the brown sugar. on my skin, the dry down is warm, sweet-but not too sweet- and woodsy more than anything else, but still fresh. i like this scent because it is serious without being heavy, and sensual without having vanilla or too much sweetness. this is a good one for casual wear- more of an easy everyday scent due to its simplicity.

Julie une femme
Julie une femme

At the first whiff, I smelled some grapefruit mixed in with this "water" scent. It's very strong and very reminscent of Calvin Klein's Escape with some remiscence of Calyx mixed in. It's a bit more complex in the top notes and early dry down than Escape, but a half hour later, it's like Escape to me. Escape's sillage is much longer lasting. All in all, I don't love the water scents so I would not spend the money for this. I can pick up Escape for essentially the same experience at much less cost.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

I wasn't sure at first,a but every time I wear this I smell something new. It's love.
Like an adventure in sniffing every day, and I constantly am getting compliments. I think a lot of people didnt give this a chance and judged too quickly or harshly. This is much more complex than it was the first couple times I sprayed it, but it's always nice. Sometimes sweet, sometimes minty, sometimes tart and citrusy,but every time there is a nice vbreezy, cool watery scent that develops.

katemcq
katemcq

First, it smelled just ordinary on me, and sort of like a better CK One, but then out came some almost woody layer that reminded me of the thick middle layer of CK's Escape - not good. Finally, a confusing battle between fresh/watery and spicier smells. Not a winner on me - a bit strange.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This scent reminds me of the beach. It is a fresh, airy, daytime/summer scent. I usually wear very sweet scents (I LOVE my Britney Spears Fantasy, I just can't help it!) but this is such a nice, fresh contrast to the rest of my collection. I can't really see myself reaching for this over most of my other perfumes, however I think in the summer I could definitely see using this when the mood strikes. I think my rollerball is the perfect size!

leahmarie12
leahmarie12

I sampled this today and find this fragrance much too sweet. Smells very young also. To be honest, it actually reminds me of something I bought when I was in elementary school, one of those perfumes in an aerosal spray can but can not remember the name of it. Something Malibu... i think??? Anyway, I was looking for something for summer and this is not was I was looking for. Way too sweet for me.

JediPrincessElan
JediPrincessElan

I love this perfume. I tried it by chance when I was trying to get something similar to my already favourites D&G Light Blue and Davidoff Cool Water Woman.

This is one of the few fragances that stays on my sking all day, without making me feel sick or being overpowering. Instead I see myself going back to smell my own wrist again and again!

It's fresh but girly, with the citrus touch (but I can't smell the mint like other people mentions (which is a good thing, as I don't like mint, the smells makes me feel sick!).

It also stays for long time on clothes. I sprayed with my scarf on and when I wore that scarf a week later, I could still smell the perfume!

Lovely perfume all round!

mahimahimaia
mahimahimaia

when i first smelt it i thought it was cool and different.. then i was given a tester. i tried it out a few times... Kind of reminds me of black licorice at the beginning for some reason. Anyways funny enough i find it really doesn't stand out at all. Very boring. Not worth the $ in my opinion.

kathy_g
kathy_g

Tried this several times... Found it nice and pleasant but something really held me to buy my own bottle. Maybe that almost offensive freshness? Too fresh to be feminine fragrance? I compared this with Eau des Jardins of Clarins and did choose Clarens.. VEry happy with it! They are almost identical but Clarens is milder..

frusia
frusia

A big disappointment :( It is a pleasant fragrance, but just smells so common on my skin and it's gone before it even gets to the base notes..

reusch210
reusch210

Not a fan. Something in the drydown reminds me of sour deoderant - there is some weird cloying chemically smell after awhile and instead of feeling fresh it feels odd.

Camilla91
Camilla91

Watch the commercial and imagine the smell of the island. If you like it, buy this perfume. It smelled exactly as I imagined, it was a blind purchase and I totally love this one.

sarrahdz
sarrahdz

I love it when i smell it in the stores,it is really a provocative parfum,however ,i was little desapointig as it doesnt last on my skin for long time ....

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

In my opinion, this perfume is a great Summer scent. It's a little overwhelming at first spray but once it dries down, it smooths out into a pleasantly sweet lemony smell. The fresh mint leaves and floral notes balance out the sweetness and give it a nice airy aroma. Definitely reminiscent of a breezy Summer day on the beach in the Mediterranean. Be careful with this one though because a very small amount is fairly strong. Too much can be a little overly sweet, on my skin anyways. Great scent!

989jul
989jul

Fresh, but smells like antiperspirant. If I was going for a fresh scent, I'd prefer smth. like Dior Addict to Life.

Lushylori
Lushylori

A lady working in the Perfume section of my Drug store recomended that I give this one a try.I really liked this.Its nice and clean smelling but has just enough sweetness to make me covet this scent in my collection.I hope to own this one soon :)

cupcakeprincessponies

Masculine, unisex, boring? I don't know where to start!
Yes it is a fresh perfume, but is fresh equal masculine? I think Acqua di Gioia is one of the most feminine perfumes, I've smelled in a long time.

The reason why I think it's so feminine is because, when a woman wears this perfume, men can't tell if it's a fragrance or her own smell, cause it fits a woman so perfectly. It's playfull and teasing, and soooo attractive. Perfumes don't need to contain a lot of vanilla to be sexy and make you feel hot.

I don't know if people expect something "In your face" or something provocative from such a huge brand as Armani, but for us who don't, us who likes it simple, Acqua di gioia is perfect!

marydoan90
marydoan90

I had no clue what an "aquatic" scent would be like. But once I sniffed this, palm trees, sandy beaches and ocean blue water sprouted up in my mind.
It's very citrusy with a sweet and slightly fruity undertone that's perfect for hot damn-you-global-warming summer days.
Acqua is more of a light, fresh clean soap smell and is definitely refreshing.
One of my favorite scents!

fath1ma
fath1ma

I'm little surprised for the beginning that it's just a fruity kinda scent. I hope something more aquatic..like Acqua di Gio that I had and like but more citruses or fresher, deep aquatic cause that is the reflection of the bottle in my head.
Less than 1 hour then, scent is changing into floral that I wished not too feminine. I knew this is not unisex but I also don't expect it in masculine enough. I am expecting more fresh and sea depth that stay,at least, average.
I want to keep it till the last spray but can not. I love the bottle..yes. Just the bottle, more I love than the scent :)

Amsi
Amsi

When I first spritzed this on my skin, I loved the fresh burst of aquatic fruitiness. The scent is indeed clean and fresh, perfect for a summer day. However, it died down to a floral which, although clean and bright, was just too strong for me. I can't say I disliked the fragrance--I wanted to love it--but a couple headaches and several sneezes later, I knew Acqua di Gioia just wasn't going to work for me.

A beautiful aquatic floral. Fresh, clean and bright, just as everyone says. However, the floral die-down was too strong for me. I prefer softer orientals, and if you're like me and reach for soft vanillas and powdery scents, be prepared to endure a beautiful headache.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

Whoah, I love the freshness, but it's so spicy, I might as well be wearing a cologne, at least on my skin. The search continues for a fragrance of my own.....

Hayven
Hayven

This smells so refreshing and clean. It's as refreshing to my nose as it is to take a big thirsty gulp of ice cold water. I smell the lemon for sure. This would be a nice transition fragrance for winter into spring in my opinion. Only thing is the lasting power isn't very good, at least on me.

update 5/30/12: As I wear this in the warm weather, I find it having a different effect than previously. It's harsh on my nose and makes me have a headache sometimes. It's odd, since I expected it to be OK in summer. Oh well. :(

fatefaithsoul
fatefaithsoul

I love fruity, citrus-y scents - and for some reason when I first tested this it didn't consciously read fruity to me. Perhaps because it's a bit more of a darker/stronger fruity scent. I love it though, and the funny thing is, even though most of the votes here see it as a day scent, I would totally use it for a date at night as well. I found that men LOVE this smell: they find it really attractive/sexy and I always get complimented on it!

mizlover1
mizlover1

ive smelled this in magazines for a while and cant get it out of my "scent memory" i want it!

nuratif
nuratif

you know that feeling when u just had a cold drink on hot summer days. i feel the same when i smelt this one. it is an amazing scent. very refreshing and is perfect for summer.

mrsmcfall
mrsmcfall

I am a big fan of "ocean" and "ocean fresh" scents but Gioia gives me such a massie headache! I really wish I could wear it/like it but I just cannot. Too much & too perfumey.

servana
servana

... So confusing. I smelt this in the store many times & it was just a simple, fresh, fruity scent. I sprayed it on my hand many times & as previously stated, it was fresh & fruity. It was a very pleasing scent which I thought would be amazing for summer. However, now that I have it, it smells completely different! It's definitely not fresh, nor is it very summery. On me, this almost smells like a gourmand! To be specific, the underlying notes of this scent are reminiscent of angel! For me, this is a gourmand scent with subtle aquatic notes.

As for longevity, it's decent. The sillage is medium for about 4 hours, then it becomes a close-skin scent. The scent definitely stays on clothes, though!

Anyway, the scent which everyone on here seems to be describing definitely fits the bill of what this smelt like when I tested it. I love that scent. *Sigh*

sheilajanae1
sheilajanae1

I cant stop smelling myself when I have this on!!! Its so uplifting! When ever I smell this perfume I just want to smile! I love love love this fragrance! One thing I really wish was it to last longer:( it EDP but doesint last as long as I thought..but that doesint affect how much I love the smell, I have the biggest bottle so I just reapply it.lol

flashingwhitelights
flashingwhitelights

This reminds me of the ocean every time I spray it, in a good way. I'm not usually a fan of green, slightly masculine perfumes - but this is quite good. It feels fresh and clean. It's definetely not the most feminine perfume out in the market, but a good change when you want to mix it up.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Everyone says this is nothing special, but I really think Acqua di Gioia is pretty distinctive and is great overall.
This is far from aquatic, contrary to what the name suggests, but is a refreshing fragrance nonetheless. Fruit salad with sweet mint is what Acqua di Gioia brings to mind. It is clean and cool at first spray, then dries down to be fruity-sweet. For a fruity floral, it has excellent sillage and great lasting power.
Though fail-safe, it is still one of the fragrances any perfume afficionado should try. I receive compliments when wearing it, too, especially since Acqua di Gioia has no harsh notes. One does not need acquired taste in order to like this fragrance.

dbrii24
dbrii24

This smells like the ocean, only sweeter and sexier. Fitting for the natural woman who wants a clean, fresh yet marine type fragrance. My skin picks up a little salt in the drydown. It's a fresh smell but also a little fruity accented with fresh flowers. Just try it!

sushivoodoo
sushivoodoo

I completely lost my ability to smell, it's so sad,( I am sick) but I wore this the other night when me and the hubby were on the WII and all I could hear was how good I smelled. Then he turned to me and said really what the hell are you wearing? Many reviews on here are women who are not fond of this, but men may be very drawn to it. Come summer time I think I will scoop up on this because from my perfumes it had the most impact on my husband. I will have to review once my ability to smell is back.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

For me it´s wonderful fragrance for hot days. Refreshing but not watery. Normally I don´t like that kind of perfumes but Di Gioia is perfect for me!

lemonfreshjoy
lemonfreshjoy

I couldn't wait to smell this. "Gioia" is how you say my name in Italian, so I thought I'd be getting a new signature scent. I sprayed myself at the perfume counter and thought: "watermelon juice." I know it doesn't contain melon but it was very sweet and fruity. Nice fragrance, however, I won't be buying it. I'm sure it smells very lovely on other people.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

YUMMY!!! Was just gifted this again and I truly adore it. Great for hot,humid weather. Super sillage and longevity ... for some reason it reminds me of Issey Miyake?? Not sure why ... it's just fresh and beautiful. I can see a lot of people not liking it but hey ... if it works for you, wear it!! Jasmine is treated beautifully here and the sweet woody resiny base is out of this world!!!!

Nikitha
Nikitha

yea, i got mesmerized into buying this at macy's...bad decision.
The pink pepper is not doing well on my skin and i can smell it very clearly. The ad for this perfume is so much more sensual, free-spirited and exotic, the perfume is not not hitting it if anything its hitting my stomach.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is not what I expected at all from the ad. I thought this would be aquatic, natural, like a fresh floral rain drop. But it certainly isn't. But that's not a complaint.
What this is, however, is quite heavy, at least on me. It's a very interesting combination of notes really. A ton of mint and sugar that manages to avoid smelling like a breath mint at all and really is just like sugared mint leaves, which is different, with the fresh snap of real mint and then the coating of sugar. There is a hint of a zesty lemon helping keep the sugar at bay and a light haze of labdanum floating over the top of all of this, in kind of the same way as the incense note in Infusion d'Iris does.
I can't think of anything to really compare this to, though I do think if you're more into floral fruity fragrances you'll find this a bit cloying. But it's very long-lasting and you don't need to spray much, one or two should be fine, sillage very nice indeed. And something about it does seem natural...like this would be exactly the way a fairy would smell.

CathyGQ
CathyGQ

This is in a word ordinary. It´s pleasant, it´s nice, it´s inoffensive. At first glance it´nice but nothing special. Just a regular every day fragance but still quite nice.

_lolita_
_lolita_

I really like AdG but I find the first five minutes to harsh and overpowering sweet. By the time it develops into a soft fresh everyday scent. Fruity, but not too sweet with an spicey extra.
I got myself a bottle for these occasions where you have to appear inoffensive and likeable.
Using Aqua di Gioia you will not make a statement or smell very individually, but I think you won´t with any of Armani fragrances sinces they are much too popular.
My conclusion: Perfect for neutral situations when you don´t want to stand out.
P.S.: the model really does look scary :)

Florecita4
Florecita4

Tested yesterday Acqua di Gioia, it's a kind of perfume that makes you feel happy. Definitely a perfume for summer time, fresh and fruity. It reminds me a little bit of Moschino Funny!, which I don't like, it's too fruity, this one is way better. I really liked it. :)

correction:

I actually never bought this one, I tried it on and on, but then I realized that I don't like it at all. It's too strong and automatically gives me a headache.
It's such a pity, cause I liked it at first.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Got this as a gift.

I am surprised it's not classified as an aquatic since that is the most pronounced 'nose' in my opinion.

It's light, fresh and a perfect choice to wear to work since I don't think it will overpower anybody's sensitive nose. I'm almost tempted to say it could be a unisex frag...it has that little hint of woodsy/citrusy side that one often gets in mens' colognes.

Not bad for sure...but I don't think I'd rush out and buy this.

Fresh evening air, a shimmering pool, and the color blue...these things personify Acqua di Gioia. This perfume is aquatic through and through, with no discernible floral or sweet fruit note dominating, in my opinion. A lovely wedge of lemon is present with just a minty hint of green. A gentle breeze sweeps through on the dry down and fades away.

It is a nice clean perfume, but I cannot say that it is entirely unique. It actually reminds me a lot of EA Sunflowers and Sung's Shi, with its initial blast of ozone-type and citrus notes. It did not have much projection or sillage on me, but few frags do unfortunately.

Acqua di Gioia is indeed a pretty fragrance and worth seeking if on ones 'want' list. But the price is a hefty one and similar scents can be found for far less if your heart isn't set on owning this particular bottle of perfume.

SheShe
SheShe

I didn't like it from the first sniff. Fresh fragrance, starts bitter, I don't see any "gioia" in it, it wasn't any joy for me to use it. In the end a bit sweet, tiny little bit.
Also the model from the ad looks unnatural.

Moonie
Moonie

When wearing it, I get many good compliments. It's my signature fragrance.
I love the sweet scent of the base note.
It's very last long.

I consider this a marine scent, meaning it has a salty note to me, and can be unisex. Normally not my preference for a fragrance, but this is well done. I detect the lemon and mint, a tiny bit of wood, and very little floral. There is a softness and freshness to this that is missing in many similar fragrances.

Turtledove
Turtledove

Lemony fresh :) It starts out with a crisp burst of lemon juice and mint, which I like a lot, then sweetens to lemonade and breezy flowers. Softer and more feminine than I expected it to be, I thought it would have a bit more minty green/aquatic freshness, but it still is very pleasant. I really like the lemon in this, it sticks around for a while too. If you like citrus, chances are you'll love this!

nush imogen
nush imogen

VERY fresh, definitely reminds of water and air, maybe citrus. Little bit like Pur Blanca by Avon, I like it, but personally prefer sweeter scents. Suitable for a lovely spring or summer day on vacation :)

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I have it and i really like it, my favorite part is the first spray, so juicy, fresh but also sweet (like water with sugar), the drydown is not my favorite...
The lasting power is good like 8 hours...
The bottle is nice in pearson, i love the green tone...

missvie
missvie

I do not understand all the less then positive reviews!

I was a chanel chance eau fraiche wearer for 4 years or so, and I smelled this and haven't looked back.

This smells so amazing to me I cant believe I lived without it for so long.

I get lots of compliments on it wherever I go, it makes me feel clean and fresh and sexy!

nataliaspada
nataliaspada

I tried the perfume and really liked it, but I bought the hair mist, and OMG! It's soooooo amazing! Smells so fresh and beautiful! I really can't buy anything based on reviews...I've seen many bad reviews about this fragrance and I absolutly love the scent.
And I bought scents based on good reviews and ended up hating it.
Ex: Victoria's Secret Heavenly Stardust (hated it), B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom (also hated) and Estee Lauder - Brazil Dream (disgusting).
Fragrantica reviews are not good for me :(

kalios55
kalios55

Gioia ...

Initially ... a clean citrus leads, green mint follows then a touch of bitter pepper begins.

After a few minutes, the ozonic ocean breeze arrives. The breeze brings sweet and intoxicated Peony and jasmine. Pink pepper provides the warmth, bitterness, which balances out other notes.

Gioia is a sweet citrusy peppery aquatic floral scent... nice and strong. Great longivity. Moderate sillage.

Gioia is a scent of joy. I LOVE Gioia for it makes me smell fresh, feminine, and luxurious.

RAYHANAH
RAYHANAH

I got this as a tester and i am glad it was a small tester, i'll never buy this as a full bottle. its way too strong and the dry down smells like old washed clothes that has been sitting in the washing machine for days.....yuck!

medusaeyes
medusaeyes

Perfect harmony of green,aquatic,lush,floral,clean notes...attention grasping...not very sweet with my body chemistry more so femininely woody....wish it had better sillage.....

Faerunner
Faerunner

Love this one for its fresh, clean start and very light finish but if I want to wear it I have to soak my clothes in it and then it'll give off a beautiful breath of scent all day as I move. On my skin it doesn't last at all. I didn't realize it had the sweet floral notes in it - I can barely detect the jasmine even when I know what I'm looking for. Look at Anup's review - that's what I get from it.

It's a terrifically well-blended scent that brings to mind clean water... but of course, water doesn't smell very strong and doesn't last long on the skin either.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

This smells exactly as a senced powder .. fresh & sweet after the shower .. The lasting power & sillage are normal .

In general not bad but it can't be a signature or an important thing you can't live without !

keoneill
keoneill

I have this one on right now...I thought I loved the smell out of the bottle, but it's giving me a headache. Next time I'll pass!

nat_gv
nat_gv

I was looking forward to try it on, because years ago I used Aqua Di Gio (finished at least 3 bottles)..

Must say - it starts out promising: fresh yet feminine, watery with a gentle hint of fruit.

But after ~15 minutes it's all gone, then you go around smelling like an old lady eating candy (yes, that's the best description I could find).

Don't dare buying it after sniffing for just a minute after spraying it on, it can be awfully misleading.

artsymom
artsymom

A sharp floral blast- too harshly floral on my skin without any warmth. I even tried spraying Jessica Simpson's Fancy Love on top (I figured that could sweeten up anything) and it BARELY made a dent in it. This reminded me of Arden's Sunflowers- doesn't work on my skin but I see plenty of others like it!

trolleywood
trolleywood

Something about this scent always leaves me wanting more - not in a bad way but its just so delicious. Honestly, I would bathe in this scent every day!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Perhaps it's an olfactory trick of the lemon and mint mixing with peony and jasmine, but I get a distinct hit of grapefruit off the top of Acqua di Gioia. From there, things progress into the usual bittersweet aquatic melange of ozonic, floral, and woodsy notes. Well made, but trite, and yet another dull entry in a boring genre.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Smells like Bath & Bodyworks Orange Sapphire ,very fruity sweet and a Rubbing Alcohol/rough"cedar" reminicent of D&G Lt.Blue 's drydown.
Tolerable .Wearable by me ? Maybe -but it isn't likely to make my top 100 anytime soon .A mini or cheap used bottle may end up in the collection eventually.I prefer Versace Versence and the Aqua di Gio over this.

This wasn't sweet on me, that I noticed. I got such a blast of sharply acidic wood that it was hard to notice anything else. The overall alcohol edge never went away on me. In fact, after the main fragrance had dried off, all that was left four hours later was that smell of wood alcohol. Sharp woody and not nice on me. I never did get a sense of what it was supposed to be, but reading the other reviews here, I don't think I've missed much.

cikaloka
cikaloka

I was very disappointed. The smell of essence in shop was very fresh and fruity,… but in less than 20 minutes the smell on skin faded and was similar to old soup. It didn’t impress me. I heard that in testers in shop they just use stronger essences as in testers!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I expected it to be a sexy summer scent, but contrary to my expectation, Acqua di Gioia turns out to be quite a casual one.

This is not a Floral category to my nose. The opening is quite fruity and sugary, the smell is familiar like I've smelled it lots times before. Though there are some white flowers blended, they're not at their best in this perfume, they seems to be overshadowed by the sweet sugar. The dry down is boring, nothing more than the sugar.

Lasting is also a problem on me, not longer than 3 hours. A little disappointed this time as most of the fragrance from Armani are my cup of tea, such as the Diamonds line and Armani Code line. Bottle is fairly pretty though.

dreambiology
dreambiology

SO sickeningly sweet! I was expecting something more aquatic, but this is disgusting. It made me feel so sick within minutes. It's very sweet citrusy in a nasty way...i think because of the added sugar and mint. Not good sweet like pink sugar but sweet in a headache and barf kind of way. No ocean notes at all.

chavus
chavus

Oh my gosh.. smells like some sort of syrup or a candy? SO horrible..... I was expecting something completely different from this one, wouldn't use it even if they gave it to me as a gift!!!!

nicki317
nicki317

My husband likes fresh, fruity fragrances like this but I guess my tastes are different. It seems a bit too aquatic for me. Not unpleasant but not my style. I like my perfume a little more floral and sweet.

isi
isi

Aroma fresco, agradable, suave y alegre. Huele a Mediterráneo. Ideal para un día de verano. No tiene una personalidad marcada, lo que lo hace fácil de llevar, por cualquier persona.

Fresh aroma, pleasant, gentle and cheerful. It smells of the Mediterranean. Ideal for a summer day. Has no a strong personality, which makes it easy to carry, by anyone.

KaseyC
KaseyC

its a sweet version of Acqua di Gio. refreshing like ocean. kind of unisex to me. not bad :)

cupcakeprincessponies

OMG I don't understand why people aren't freaking out about this perfume. I know it's not like an "in your face" scent.. but honestly t's such a pleasant smell ..It is soft and feminine, and I could imagine adults and teenagers wear it.

And I have to mention it's one of the most lovely commercials I've seen in a long time .. The model and the surroundings are breath taking beautiful!

Grottola
Grottola

Sugary, fruity fragrance, like a fruity soda. Not too sweet but nothing to really distinguish it from the flock of over 9,000 other fruity-florals.

However, I do enjoy the labdanum note in the drydown. This is only my opinion, so please don't take it to heart. My friend Anup's review is probably the best you'll find of Acqua di Gioia.

Akahina
Akahina

Simply a BEAUTIFUL fragrance. A nice and reasonably strong opening of lemon and mint. After the opening there is a nice peppery note and the jasmine becomes apparent, and then some nice woody notes. A very beautiful and interesting EDP that, even though it is floral and sweet, I feel is good for a man too. Why would I say that? Because I am a man and I wear this instead of very boring and ubiquitous Acqua di Gio for men (which I smell on so many men). If you are a confidant man and want a nice summery Acqua di Gio scent, consider this instead.

Am I the only man that likes this enough to wear it?

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

i really love the smell of this fragrance. its the first clean fragrance i really love ( i also habe blv II oxygen by lanvin). Unfortunately, (on my skin) it has NO staying power (although i am using it with the bodylotion). i have the feeling, after only a few minutes its completely gone. if it would only last longer, this could be one of my favourite fragrances. i do not get the sugar in it, to me its a fresh clean fragrance that gives you an out of shower feeling without beeing sharp.

Anup
Anup

Shame on you Armani, this could have made an EXCELLENT unisex fragrance that you could have added to your lineup. There are PLENTY of fragrances designed "pour homme" that smell MUCH more feminine than this could ever DREAM of being. This is a nod towards you, joop! jump, Le male, 1 million and diesel Fuel for life. Enough of my complaining ass, lets move onto the scent.

THE LIQUID OF JOY.
I would be inclined to proclaim that the title suits. This fragrance is very refreshing, fruity and floral. I simply can't get ENOUGH of this masterpiece, it's like a horrible addiction. So bad that every time my boyfriend and i are even CLOSE to a macy's/bon-ton i'm mentioning how i can't wait to smell aqua di gioia. I think he may be mildy relieved i've finally made myself a decant.

The top is DOMINATED by a chilled ripe lemon and a squeeze of bergamot, chilled as well of course. I really enjoy the lemon in this one, it isn't that typical "grocery store" produce section lemon smell. Lest we forget the mint, probably giving the lemon it's chilled effect, because i dont necessarily smell it on it's own.

The heart is smoothed by a powdery jasmine, which again, i can't get enough of. I am a jasmine ADDICT! There is also some pink pepper giving that slightly sweet vegetal dirt esque plant smell, and peony which provides that "exciting" almost ADHD floral note. :).

The base is intimidating, with it's super realistic sugar note, it's sun drenched ceder, and syrupy floral labdanum. The sugar note is simply spot on, and i would encourage my readers to go and open their sugar jar and take a whiff, you'll understand what i mean.

I approve

Smell: 9.5
Longevity: 6
Sillage: (while it lasts) 8

sofiii
sofiii

Acqua di Gioia is the kinda of perfume which turned me off before I even want to try due to the overly…hmmm…aquatic=sexy commercial, however as I’ve got a sample, I pushed myself to give it a chance.

However my irrational prejudice is wrong, it is actually quite pretty. Acqua di Gioia opens with aquatic yet not headach-inducing sporty-aquatic smell of watermelon and sweet juicy scent smells along apricot/peach line. It reminds me a bit of Ralph by Ralph Lauren in the very beginning and transformed to something pretty and girly, something which can be easily done by Anna Sui in the earlier years, like Flight of Fancy.

Towards the drydown, it gets a bit to fuzzy and too sweet to my liking (I have this problem with Britney Spears’ Fantasy too), while having the aquatic watermelon-y smell comes and goes. This makes me a bit uneasy with it, I don’t dislike Acqua di Gioia because it’s a synthetic aquatic smelling perfume (which I thought would be the thing makes me dislike it), but I really can’t cope with the weird layout of it, which makes me think of an oddly-put-together amateur theatre production, interesting, closer to the audience, somewhat innovative based on pre-existed elements, but in the end it just doesn’t feel right, as if it had a larger than life ambition and then ended up abruptly.

Not sure why whatever I can smell is not really listed here.

Anyway, Acqua di Gioia is still pretty to wear if I don’t care what I was gonna wear for the day, however most of the time I would much prefer something with a more dazzling soul.

icekat
icekat

AQUA DI GIOIA is an intriguing scent in a way that the composition mixes styles and notes that could end up in a disaster but yet somehow the fragrance turns quite beautiful on my skin. The scent is citrus aromatic and aquatic, but yet there is a candy like sugary sweetness mixed with an herbal and refreshing mint.

Does this scent remind me of an exotic place and tantalizing eco-system ads? Nope. But it does remind me of a nice day in the garden with my straw hat, iced mint tea and tons of sunshine. This scent is energetic, refreshing and fun to wear on a hot day. The sweetness surprisingly withstands the heat quite well.

AQUA DI GIOIA opens with a lovely and strong lemon mixed with aquatic and jasmine notes. The scent evolves into minty heart notes with some sugary water, peony and a dab of pink pepper. I know that the composition sounds crazy and bizarre but somehow on my skin it works beautifully even in a hot weather. The dry down is at first sweet but then it becomes woodier with cedar with resins (labdanum).

The longevity and sillage are decent. I would recommend sampling before buying. Though I love the funky lemon – mint – sugar combination, this might not work for everyone. (My overall score 8.5/10).

(This review is for Eau de Parfum)

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Here we are with one of the few fragrances that always leave me with controversial feelings and sensations: is it possible to like and dislike something at the very same time? I guess yes..

Acqua di Gioia gets me immediately in a "holiday at the sea" mood: first notes are all about sweet citruses and jasmine nicely rounded with aquatic notes (about the same I can detect in other popular "wet" scents).
- An August afternoon: I'm walking along a crowded and sunny beach with a refreshing cocktail in my hand..saltiness is in my hair and everywhere -
But, after this rather promising beginning, the peppery mint note starts to smell too strong and almost masculine for my tastes (a weird combination of mojito and cologne)...then, suddendly, I feel like I'm wearing a more sugary and pleasant version of Light Blue, with hints of cedar blossom expecially when I get to the drydown.

The whole impression I get from Acqua di Gioia is of an interesting fragrance and concept..but the scent per se is too generic, somehow incomplete and confused: I only appreciate the fact that I could wear it during the hottest summer days, for it would surely make me feel clean and fresh..I can't complain much about its longevity, for I really don't care.

At the end of the story, this is a (cute) fragrance I simply do not need.

Elizabeth Marie
Elizabeth Marie

I sampled this one day and originally thought, eh, no big deal. The first sniff gave me the sense that I had been misted with cool water, most likely the mint. As the scent developed, it became a sweet and surprisingly sexy fragrance. As the days went by, I could not stop thinking about Acqua di Gioia.
This is the sort of fragrance that sneaks up on you. I was unimpressed at first, but in the end, that is what won me over, if that makes any sense.
I love it! It is the perfect everyday scent. Not too sweet, not too sexy, not too much citrus, fresh, subtle, yet at the same time not weak. I'm finding myself reaching for it more and more, as it's so refeshing and wearable anywhere.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

Starts as a very beautiful aquatic and finishes as a slightly sweet floral. Surprisingly, the lemon note does not turn sour on my skin. It's very fresh, with the citrus staying into the dry down. The light florals have a slight sweetness, a nice contrast to the sparkling citrus and mint.

This isn't an original perfume but if you're looking for a light, pretty summer scent, this is worth a try - especially if you're like me and dislike vanilla. Love the bit of sweetness without any cloying vanilla.

ETA: Staying power isn't great. I keep a small atomizer in my purse to freshen the scent half way through the day. Try Divatologist's application method for better longevity - just google it :)

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

This perfume sounded so nice, I almost bought it blind. I'm so glad I waited to test it. While the notes sound crisp and lively, the result on my skin was soapy and dull. Quite sad, as I thought this would be my perfect summer scent.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

It starts out fresh and aquatic and finishes off as sweet on my skin. I do like this one sometimes and its a good scent for all seasons.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Acqua di Gioia starts off with fresh and bubbly citrus, but the main body of the fragrance is very aquatic, minty and floral. It also gets a bit sweeter as it dries down into the brown sugar/woody base, which is quite interesting in combination with the fresh aquatic notes.

I absolutely love the mint in this. It's not a note I see too often in women's perfumes, let alone one that works well most of the time. I don't smell the mint on first spray - it emerges after it's been on for a few minutes and lasts very well into the drydown. There is a really nice contrast between the coolness of the mint and the warmth of the sweet woody base.

For me, this fragrance lasts well on both my skin and clothes so I am surprised to see that some have complained about the staying power. If a little bit of this perfume rubs off on my jacket I can still smell it a couple of days later.

LittleRed
LittleRed

I can only liken the opening to being drenched in a cool rainstorm, and the intense aroma of crushed mint. Beyond that I detect only the slightest whisper of citrus and florals, then a dash of pepper as it settles.
It is possibly one of the most aquatic women's fragrances I can think of, but defines itself with the other notes, which are subtle but do help it stand apart.

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

I got this in a giftset for £15 on ebay for my mother's birthday. She was delighted and the preentation was divine! On her this perfume is a deliciously intoxicating scent, perfect for summer and spring. I imagine drinking crisp lemonade on a deserted beach and I can always smell this on her when she wears it. However on me, it's a weak sugary juice that fades into nothing after a little while, it just doesn't work with my chemistry... however my mother has asked for another bottle for Christmas!

i first smelled this on a scented page a few months ago and i've been wanting it ever since. i finally broke down and ordered it and it didn't disappoint. this perfume is just so fresh and light. this will be my most used summer scent this year. perfect for work too. i love the citrus mixed with the mint and then to sweeten it up.. the red berries. it just works really well, for me anyway a 10 out of 10. one of my very favorites now.

ariana22
ariana22

sweet-clean scent. great opening of lemon & mint with a hint of brown-sugar? i didn't get any pink pepper notes though.
fresh fragrance perfect for summer.
might not be ideal for the person who is not a fan of sweet fragrances.

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

I tested this once before impulse purchasing it. I am very happy I did! This fragrance opens with a refreshing yet surprisingly juicy mint. It changes fairly quickly to a subtle soft smell which then lasts throughout my wearing. This is just the spring/summer scent I was searching for. After experimenting, this is about a one or two spray scent for me. I do have to give a small “warning” though…while it remains a juicy yet soft floral throughout the entire wearing; this scent does not seem to fade much. It sort of just lingers. The fragrance seems to last VERY long on my skin and is sometimes even still noticeable after showering.

ksenia2010
ksenia2010

Oh My God!!! I tested it today and absolutely fell in love with it! Very beautiful fresh scent for summer! I have to have it.
But again, ladies, some may like it and some don't. Since we all have different skin type with oil glands that produce body odor, we can not test the perfume on tester paper, always do it on your wrist, it will make a huge difference.

mlxo7
mlxo7

I really like/bordering on love this perfume. I'm a fan of Acqua di Gio (male & female), and Armani Code, and this is just such a beautiful fresh scent for summer or spring. I always think of the woman in the ad and it makes me think of tropical paradise! However, I don't find its very long lasting on my skin but its a really nice once to respray because it smells great straight out of the bottle! 8/10.

raintree
raintree

it is the water of joy in aquatic bottle actually !

I love its fresh and sweet , good for every day.

The best of 2011 :)

sweefa
sweefa

Got a sample of this one. It's screaming candy sweet, really far away from being fresh and it gets worse in the drydown. Has a stale garbage note.
Armani - zero points.

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

Tropical fresh, juicy and very sweet. onpu-jin mentioned rambutan before, & yes indeed the smell reminds me of the sweet-juicy rambutan fruit, esp the red ones.

amber832
amber832

I tried this at the counter and was thinking about getting it, it does seem like a good scent for the summer, unfortunately it didnt last 2 hours on my skin so I skipped it!

Louw
Louw

I don't care for this one. Vaguely citrussy but with an overly-sharp acquatic note. Made me want to scrub the scent off my skin!

miljanadjurdjev
miljanadjurdjev

It lasts on your skin like a deodorant,one hour.Smells nise and clean,but for a very short time.Very bad!!!

kikiki
kikiki

There really is nothing remarkable about this scent. I like it but I am not attached to it. It's probably one of those perfumes that I will only buy once, and never again. I think It's good for ordinary days--when I barely feel extra-special and I need a scent to pick up my mood. I cannot understand it. Not bad but not remarkable either.

Last night I wore it to bed, I barely can smell it when I got up in the morning. Therefore the longevity is poor.

Matin
Matin

This is a relaxing summer cocktail with fresh citrus output more floral with a sweet sugar base notes.

Summer, sweet aquatic*

bunny
bunny

Fresh, yet sweet.

Although this combination doesn't work for me, I imagine it is quite easy to wear in general.

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

I think this perfume is very unique it opens up very minty but then on me it goes very fruity .This is definitely my summer fragrance for 2011.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I am so digging this recent purchase! I just love the fresh mint in the opening and the sweet cedar dry down! Doesn't smell overly sweet to me.

Disadvantage: I can't smell it on myself after a couple of hours and that disappoints me!

I am going to use this as my go to summer scent this year. J. Lo Miami Glow and the new Avon (Mark) Ibiza Sol will be 2nd choices.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Better than Acqua Di Gio (which was heavier and way too perfumy for my taste). This one starts out VERY citrusy and then goes into an almost overly sweet stage. What I get is litarary lemon over sugar. To Armani's credit neither note is synthetic. After an hour or so it becomes a bit more balanced. The dry down is very sensual. Not sure if this is supposed to be an aquatic scent. If so, I can only get it as such in the beginning.

I was never too crazy about it but found a partial bottle very cheap and purchased it on impulse. It's still not a favourite of mine but seems wearable so far. Keeps well for about 3 hours on me, after that it is still there for quite a while but only just. I will give it a chance and let time tell whether it's worth keeping.

Update: Even though I didn't like the idea of this perfume (I am not into citrusy or too sweet scents), it actually surprised me. Have been wearing it for a few days now and it is growing on me (not to the point that I want to buy another bottle but still). The mint leaf gives it a distinct character for sure - it brings up imaging of sipping mojitos at the beach on a hot summer night. It is very fresh (the lemon) and very sweet (the sugar) at the same time which makes for a strong summer fragrance. And although it is quite strong (especially in the beginning), it is also very refreshing. In that respect it is different from most summer fragrances which try to be fresh but end up too light because of that so you almost can't smell them. This combination also makes it quite a versatile perfume - you could wear it any time any day.

Although I haven't fallen in love with this perfume (not so far at least), I have certainly grown to appreciate it and will definitely finish my bottle. Glad I gave it a chance, I was being unfair when I first tried it and had almost written it off.

Not keen on the bottle itself and much less so on the plastic cap.

Petite poupée
Petite poupée

to me this smells like passion fruit with a heap of sugar. It's good but very very sweet.

LuiLui

I love this parfum! One of my favorites in my collection!! My top 5 in 110 perfumes that I have!

Amo este perfume! Dentre os 110 perfumes que tenho ate agora este estah no top 5!!!

Stellalucente
Stellalucente

I received this fragrance as a gift from my brother.
The few times I actually tried it,I didn't really care for it, I found it to be too sharp.
But to my surprise, with this warm and sunny weather, I truly like it! It's so refreshing!
The listed topnotes mention mint and Amalfi lemon.
The lemon is definitely there but I can't detect any mint, unless, the mint is supposed to smell like the mint they use in cocktails, think Mojito.
I'm a bit disappointed that the jasmine and peony never really come out, they just stay in the background while the Amalfi Lemon dances on a bed of sugar and cedar.

Overall Acqua di Gioa is a nice and fresh scent. Nothing spectacular, so don't expect a fragrance that will blow you away.
However I feel like I'll enjoy wearing it this summer when I'm in the need for something fresh and clean.

NiteAngel
NiteAngel

This is my “perfume for the rainy days”, as it brings the promise of sunshine after the rain. It makes me feel as if I was chilling on the veranda of a house lost in the equatorial forest during a tropical rain shower, those we know not to last very long. Somewhat like Armani Code, it is not a strong type smell, well suited for the day, but with an amazing lasting power for such lightness. It brings a smile to any face.

fifaatm
fifaatm

Acqua diGioia has mainly sweet notes.

Sweet fruity notes, although too sweet for my taste,
and the sweet woody dry down that made me want to sneeze a bit (the pepper or cedar, I think) but I try to bear with it.

Not really a fresh aquatic perfume, not even sea aroma (as written above)in it. Quite dissapointing on that point.

But nevertheless this is Armani, it has good qualities.
If you like sweet sugary notes, this maybe your perfect frag.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

First of all this is the priciest perfume I own because I usually get my edps from tjm but i got this from dillards. It smells fresh and clean and floral and it lasts quite a while. The only thing i wish was different about it is that it smells the same the whole time unlike other edps that kinda change over time. Overall though, i would recommend this and I still wear it often.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I can't understand reviewers expressing their disappointment stating that Acqua Di Gioia smells different than Acqua Di Gio.
Well, that was the whole point, to create a NEW fragrance, in a different olfactory group.
If it was meant to be a follow up fragrance, it would be called Acqua Di Gio Fraiche, Acqua Di Gio Summer etc.

Gioia is a wonderful blend of floral notes, sometimes making me think that it is on the borderline between floral and floral green. Peony and jasmine are most prominent and I honestly regret I am unable to detect mint as many of you can.
Pink pepper is not that noticeable, neither is yellow sugar.
I purchased my bottle in blind, I often rely on sherapop reviews which, by the way, I have been always reading with a great pleasure as even though she has, like all of us, many likes and dislikes and does not refrain from saying them loud - her opinions are often objective and very much to the point.

Gioia is my superb blind purchase. It makes me reflect upon my current top-olfactory preferences (fruity and gourmand) and make me question why the hell am I too afraid to go for florals...

Sillage and lasting power are more than acceptable.
The bottle is great and truly express how I feel about the fragrance; subtle, feminine floral juice with a gentle green twist :-)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This scent is so different from Acqua di Gio, which I find really soft, fresh and feminine. This is a strident aquatic stinker to me along the same lines as CK One and Cool Water Woman. It has a cloying and headache inducing element which makes me feel a little nauseous. I'm surprised that Ropion is involved in this composition, but wonder if the budget has made the fragrance suffer from that cheap 'mens shower gel' smell. Not a good one.

mjb28
mjb28

Wow! This is so refreshing!!! pleasant citrusy starts followed by floral notes and ends up with a lovely sugary sweet scent but not overpowering or cloying on the skin. It is so hard not to like it! Beautiful composition, sparkling and pleasant with good lasting power. The bottle looks transparent minty cool too.

This is perfect to wear everyday because it is light and fresh with a little tickle of sweetness that lingers nicely on the skin. Precisely what I want! Perfect for spring and summer season.

Overall this scent is fresh, cool, pure, clean, modern, elegant, sensual and very feminine.

I just found myself adoring Acqua di Gioia!

Janny827
Janny827

I absolutely love this scent. It is a bit too sweet for a hot summer day, but I wore it over the cooler months and it's super refreshing and a bit reminiscent of the spring waiting ahead.

The reason I liked it the most was because it reminded me slightly of the men's version, which I loved. And also because it reminded me of the old perfume "Sunflower" by Elizabeth Arden.

I feel like it's a young, and spirited kind of perfume that just smells fresh!

Stinkylass
Stinkylass

I've just bought this as I have been looking for a summer aquatic fragrance which didn't blow my head off.
It's not what I would call a light fragrance. It is pretty full-on and despite the comments from other posters, I cannot say it is particularly 'flowery'. It is a fresh fruity fragrance with plenty of citrus followed up eventually by peony.
I normally wear Opium Pour Homme in autumn and winter (yes, I'm a girl) but wanted something lighter for spring/summer. This is it but I won't need to apply much and will enjoy the change of notes as more flowers come through as it dries and fades.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

By the name and advertising, I was expecting something cool, watery, and refreshing...like a cold glass of water on a hot, sweltering day. Instead I got a Sprite Soda, which is overly sweet and not refreshing at all!

This might be a nice summer perfume if you live in a city where the summer highs reach 70. But for living in a desert climate where the summer temps reach up to 110, this is the LAST perfume I would be reaching for. Nobody wants to smell like boiling Sprite Soda.

I think if they toned down the sugar notes and added some more "clean" or "refreshing" notes, it would be good. But the sugar note just kills it.

There seems to be a lot of anger and disappointment swirling about the air in which Giorgio Armani ACQUA DI GIOIA has been sprayed. I, in contrast, am pleasantly surprised. There are several reasons for this.

First, I dislike ACQUA DI GIO, so the fact that ACQUA DI GIOIA smells nothing like melons rotting in the sun on a sidewalk washed down with pungent cleaning fluid is already a victory of sorts.

Second, since I know Italian, I recognize that ACQUA DI GIOIA is a perfectly respectable name that need not be interpreted as a flanker. In fact, it's a clever play on Giorgio's name, that's all. It means water of joy, not water of Giorgio (ACQUA DI GIO) flanker.

Third, the opening reminds me very much of Fresh BROWN SUGAR, which I happen to like a lot. So that's already a plus, since I do not partake in the futile plagiarism allegation game. I frankly doubt that Dominique, Anne, and Loc raided the Fresh house to steal their recipes.

Fourth, as I was cooking this afternoon, I found to my great surprise that ACQUA DI GIOIA eventually morphs into a refreshing soapy drydown vaguely reminiscent of D&G SICILY, which I also happen to like a lot. And, see #3...

All in all, to my nose ACQUA DI GIOIA was a pleasant surprise. I'm not saying that I'll add it to my collection, but I'd certainly wear it if I had a bottle. Fresh, sparkling, sugary then citrusy and finally clean. They've managed to roll most modern trends into a single somehow coherent composition. Bravo!

susieqrj

I don´t have nice things to talk about this one.
You see the advert, the beautiful girl, a waterfall, wet plants, a beach..... you imagine Acqua di Gioia to be a refreshing and sexy fragrance.
WRONG!!!
What you get is a light and sweet fruity concotion and refreshing is not a word that suits this mix.
Very light, the staying power is very poor (it takes less than 2 hours to completely vanishes from the skin).
I bought myself a 50ml bottle and used for two days. If I wanted to smell it, I´d have to spray it all the time, trying to make it stay on my skin.
Maybe they took the word "acqua" literally.... I´d never say it is EDP... it should be classified as EDC.

I still prefer Acqua di Gio.....

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

This fragrance is described in one word. BEAUTIFUL, anyone who smells this magnificent scent will find thier self inhailing a gorgeous water flower note with cruchy juicy fruit & an almost rain/ocean water essence. It smells amazing & turns heads, spray some on your skin and you will be noticed.

merlin
merlin

I totally agree the Dark Beauty...

I would describe It at as a sweet and fresh fruit salad...
Mostly tropical fruits... I dont smell any floral notes in It...but only sugared fruits and herbs mixed together

Even If Im not crazy about It... It is such a lovely and girly fragrance. Very uplifting ... and It brings joy .

Ohhh... and definitely...Im fallin in love with the prominent mint note ....

Ps, This reminds me of Fanta Exotic :p

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Amazingly clean, fresh, tropical fruit salad bathing in sugared water. Mmmmm! Kind of reminds me of 7up upon first spray.

There is something sweet and refreshing about that I can't help but like. Perfect for summer, or on any day when you want something light and crisp, like a tall glass of sweet mint tea with a lemon wedge on a sultry day.

Delicious! For this reason alone it could be a staple in any wardrobe :o)

LaPetite
LaPetite

I love it more than Aqua di Gio , i'm surprised it's supposed to be a "more modern" version of it because they have little in common , and what makes Auqa di Gio so special has been completely removed.
I may buy it this summer , that's typically the scent i love for this season , like Eau d'Eden , like Eau Belle ... But i might go to the perfume store and test it several more times to make my decision.

gabi
gabi

Hi! Is it just me, or this smells almost exactly like Versace Bright Crystal? maybe deeper...Overall it is a nice smelling juice, very wearable, not likely to offend anyone at work. It is suitable for hot summer days when you just crave for a breath of fresh air! I like it, but i wouldn't buy a whole bottle, just not worth the money!

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

Very fresh and clean i like to wear this one along with be delicious to my kids sporting events and to UK ball games its flirty!!!

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

The smell is great, a fresh clean overall scent. The only problem, after 2 hours the scent was gone. Just don't see paying that much for a perfume that doesn't work with my chemistry. Wish it did though! I'm home, outside it is snowing and cold, and the scent reminds of a nice spa I visited on vacation.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Strange, I must be the only person that smells each and every note listed for this one! Maybe because I got the set with the lotion, and perhaps layered is a bit stronger?
I don't know... I only wanted it because when browsing a perfume store with my significant other, and sniffing scents together, this perfume was the only one that got a "wow, this is beautiful" from him... Not that he is knowledgeable matters of perfumery.
Well, the bottle looks like an aquamarine glass pillow, very cute. The scent is rather weak, but still lovely.
About the notes:
Citrus is lemony grapefruit-y, rather zesty and not very juicy. The mint dominates the entire composition, top to bottom; it's not sweet, like in Mentafollia, it's more of a peppermint mint. Aquatic jasmine is very aquatic, almost ozonic actually. Pink pepper and peony are subdued to the jasmine. The sugar in the base is not overly sweet, labdanum is there but delicate, cedar wood is the stronger component in the base.
And there is one more note, unlisted here, which is salt. There is something salty about this perfume, and I don't know how to describe it. Although they are 2 entirely different perfumes, the saltiness in this reminds me of Eau de Merveilles.
Well, I have a lovely large set of Gioia. And it gives me joy indeed, because it's winter now... and this makes me think of ocean, vacation, and summer time.
Edit: impressive staying power on clothes!

lucifera
lucifera

tried it,it made me crave for sweet fruit juice because thats how it smells like, it's too simple and dull for me, sorry armani :-p i do like diamond intense

Valentino
Valentino

My mother just received a 30ml Edp of this for Christmas and I have to say it's a nicely constructed fresh feminine. It's a bit 'predictably perfect' in that Alicia Keys 'so perfect it's getting tiresome' way, but what would you expect from three legendary noses under GA's command?

Acqua di Gioia opens with some sweet and very lush tropical fruits. Pineapple is strong and juicy on the top, then passion fruit. The sweetness fades to reveal a grapefruit and mint combo.

The mid-notes are mostly aquatic in nature with a hint of jasmine. By the time Gioia settles it has a more refined and adult vibe to it. I think it is the labdanum which gives this ever so slightly smoky effect. It's like the lightest tobacco you could imagine blending with the creamy cedar in the base.

In all honesty Dior did this type of thing years ago, but I think Armani has the more coherent image these days, sort of like Miss Keys can now out-Beyonce Beyonce. What the hec am I talking about?

This Acqua di Gioia...it sorta pains me to say it, but it's pretty damn good.

t_russell335
t_russell335

from the advertisements I was expecting something exquisite and indescribably ethereal and natural. like hard, green jungle leaves, dew and seawater with a waft of rare exotic flowers and fruits floating in the distance.

When I sprayed it on myself it reminded me of Calgon's ahh spa tropics.. with more sweet fruit? It didn't last long and it did feel like I put on a body spray that just disapeared...shame. I think you could find something similar/better for cheaper in this case. beautiful design/advertisement though.

I've loved the men's version for so many years and finally got around to testing Acqua di Gioia. I was expecting it to have the same lovely watermelon note of its male counterpart. It did not. Instead, all I smelled was grapefruit. I really, really dislike grapefruit scents, but I was surprised at how nice this one was. It wasn't sour in the way grapefruit scents can be. I will never own this perfume, but it would be nice on any of you!

guest_Linds
guest_Linds

This is very different from the perfumes I usually like (sweet & sugary) but somehow I found it extremely intriguing. The scent is mysterious and fresh and I was just very impressed with it. Definitely getting this one.

funky_gina

This was my third time testing this perfume. Yes, it smells amazingly fresh and naturally powerful on cloths, paper and hair. However, on my skin it is not. It has some synthetic 'taste' to it that I just can not put my finger on, also it does not make me feel energized or fresh that I would expect and the sugar component is a bit too much, it does give me a sort of headache. Unfortunately, it just does not work for me.

guest_debob
guest_debob

Love, love this. I don't get lemon but what I do smell is grapefruit. I know, it's not listed in the notes. But that is what it smells like. Perhaps the lemon and mint form a grapfruity smell. It's sweet, yes, but not over the top sweet. It's fresh and tropical but yet mellow. Reminds me somewhat of the Escada fragrances, like Pacific Paradise, but just not as harsh and astringent. I think it is a very happy scent. Feel like running, jumping in the air and clicking my heels together.

Memi_La
Memi_La

When I smelled this scent for the first time it smelled so familiar that it bothered me throughout the day that couldn't figure out how this fragrance was so familiar . I finally figured out that it smelled exactly like a body wash my mom used in 90's called Sarah Michaels Seashore! So if you remember what that smelled like this may give you a bit of deja vu . It's a very nice subtle scent nothing too special but I do have to say it's unique in that I can't think of anything besides the body wash that smells like this . Now that they don't seem to make that body wash anymore I do take joy in knowing I can still have the smell of it if I wanted to :)

guest_Noni
guest_Noni

What a beautiful scent! I just love the attention i get when I'm wearing Acqua di Gioia.Gives one this very refreshing feeling. I love it.

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

Mmmmm... really beautiful scent. I was a little reluctant to try this, as for the big advertising campaign and just too many women running around wearing the same. I loved "Sensi" some ten years ago but have not used it very much lately (perfumes have ages?), I liked "Acqua de Gió" on men, but I really hated "Armani Code". So, I have a bit of an ambivalent relationship to Armani fragrances.

But this one is very good. Fresh, clean, very aquatic - and there are not many aquatic scents I like, but with this one, I do. I love the mint and lemon in the beginning. Reminds me of a yummy drink, like you can take a good sip from the bottle and feel real refreshed after it. The whole perfume has some feeling of very cold, iced lemonade to it.

Goes to my wish list for summer time, but only if by then there aren't thousand girls around me wearing Gioia.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I TESTED THIS TODAY, THEY JUST BROUGHT IT IN THE STORE I SAW IT AT AND THE TESTER WAS ALREADY HALF EMPTY. WHEN I SAW IT I RAN TO IT AND WAS VERY EXCITED TO SEE IT, I HAD JUST TESTED HYPNOTIC POISON EAU SENSUELLE AND I THOUGHT "2 NEW PERFUMES TODAY"HOORAY!!!HOWEVER I WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH THIS ONE EITHER.I MEAN, I LIKE THE SCENT BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT. TO ME IT SMELLS A LITTLE SIMILAR TO THE NEW VERSACE VERSUS BUT VERSUS HAS MORE KICK IN THE BEGINNING I THINK. THE DRYDOWN IT'S VERY SOFT. I WILL TEST IT AGAIN TO SEE IF I EXPERIENCE THE SAME EFFECT.

antonpan
antonpan

Surprised, why nobody noticed the resemblance with Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega. AdG starts with tropical and sugary notes, but soon it turns into copy of melony and "bubble-gumy" V&R Eau Mega, that I like very much. Nevertheless AdG is tasty and delicious.

StephD
StephD

Bought this for myself because my boyfriend had previously told me he likes it, when we tested it at the store :) i bought it because i heard it was very long lasting, and i wanted a 'light' scent to add to my very vanilla-y collection of perfumes.
and i am so glad i did! i wore it today for the first time at school, and probably received atleast 4 compliments! people couldn't stop asking me what it was, and wanted to sniff my hair all day (probably because i spray my perfume behind my ears). i've never encountered such a light, aquatic scent with such great sillage and longlivety. i recommend it! :)

guest_ajt
guest_ajt

When the saleswomen sprayed it on the card it smelled so good I had to have this perfume no matter what it cost and I could not wait to wear it...it does not smell the same on me as it did on the card...I could not wait to wash it off.

gabri
gabri

A gift from my mom....reminds me of the Ocean and the beach, it's refreshing and alluring..Good choice !
Grazie mamma :o)

muobsession
muobsession

To me this is very similar to Tommy Bahama Very Cool for women, except I like Very Cool better for being saltier, and wonderfully (but barely) herbaceous. Won't be purchasing.

Vânia
Vânia

We can tell that this is a Giorgio Armani perfume...all of his perfumes are strong and powerfull.

I bought this one today, and i really like it! But for me it doesnt compare at all to the amazing criation of ARMANI CODE!
But i also like this one...so for me Giorgio Armani is one of the best!

echopark119
echopark119

Ok, so tried it on at a department store today. The most beautiful opening I've ever smelt! HOWEVER, (and such a big disappointment for me) the drydown is soo generic, I feel like I've smelt it many times before. And in the end that's what you're left with so I don't know if it would be worth buying it for myself. But that's just my personal experience! :)

melissa
melissa

I got this a couple of months ago. I LOVE it!!!! It is so fresh and reminds me of tropical rain forests and the ocean. Great job Armani!

guest_Emma
guest_Emma

The perfume is amazing. I just love it! BEST PERFUME EVER! It smell amazing. I wear it to school and everyone just loves it! Defentily worth buying :) x

Allegra
Allegra

I must admit that Acqua di Gioia is one of the most distinctive, unusual and eccentric fragrances I've come across for a long time. It is definitely not an "easy" perfume as there's no way you can make it to suit your personality.

Rather, Gioia either suits you (if you're the right one for her!) or it makes you seem completely uneasy if one doesn't have the X-factor that is required to wear this utterly & strangely unique and (both literally and symbolically) cool fragrance.

atmosphere
atmosphere

Before I say anything else, I have to comment on the video. Wow, it's beautiful! What an ode to nature. The dark foggy dawn,the rain,the forest and the unrelenting waves all enshrouded in mysticism. And the all encompassing joy of slowly becoming one with them. I really want to smell like that.

But, unfortunately, I didn't. When I sprayed a sample of this on me, I mostly just smelt brown sugar with a hint of lemon. On top of that the perfume was really strong too, so I got a headache. I don't know if it was my body chemistry or the sample.

The thing is, though, I know this perfume is capable of smelling just like the commercial. Because when the SA sprayed this on a card for me from the bottle, I loved it instantly. I could smell the lemon, the mint,the depth and the freshness clearly. This was the perfume I liked most of all the perfumes I sniffed that day and I would smell that card repeatedly for the next couple of days.

But alas, it was just not meant to be.
Aqua di Gioia just does not smell on me like it does on that card.

guest_pearlOfTheNight
guest_pearlOfTheNight

Very nice, but there's a certain 'cloying' ingredient in this that puts me off. I find that if its worn for too long, it gets rather tiring, and I cant wait to wash it off.
Nothing very distinctive.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I just tried it on paper, it's fresh smelling. I detect citrus, fruits, flowers and some type of candy, it must be the sugar that's listed as a note. IMO it's more of a fruity floral without being overly sweet. This could be a unisex perfume IMO. This is not my type of scent but I'm willing to spray it on my skin to really appreciate it.

guest_SWEETONE
guest_SWEETONE

smells very fresh...great for the cold weather when its sets in ans this will smell better...its still kinda warm out...thats why ppl think this is strong....it will smell so fresh and pretty this winter as a day cool scent...watch!! i love it...falling rain and leaves are coming..

funky_gina

I tried it today on my skin as well. And yes it starts with lemony and minty notes heavily and dries down to a sweet, warm and fresh scent. All in all is very nice, there is a bit of aquatic feel to it too but it gave me a kinda head-ache feeling because something just too strong in it or something synthetic -as others pointed out- is there. I will give an other try to it because all in all is good composition.

liat
liat

Maybe I got my hopes high thinking it's a Aqua di Gio family member. But as mypersonalharmonics pointed out - it's a brand new, modern, perfume with all the overly-sweet popular notes and a hint of something synthetic or "plastic". Either way, it's light, fresh, fruity sweet. IMHO, a little heavy to be called a summer fragrance. I think it's meant for the younger ones, late teens to early twenties.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Gorgeous video. I actually felt the warmth of the ecosystem, imagined the scent the green lush leaves of the trees, imagined the scent the oceans salty water, the thrill of a flower caressing my skin. So off to test this beauty....AND BEHOLD....I got cloying- migraine trigger SUGAR!!!! Nothing the image of the video..I felt cheated.

Trvevil
Trvevil

At first I thought note pyramid would include following : watermelon, water lily, musk, cedar. But I've guessed only cedar.

Gioia appeared not long before I departed from my much-beloved city with high prices on fumes, but great range including niche & great deals sometimes. Ad [the model is beyond scary and frightening] suggests something exotic, watery-fruity. Which is true- I find it fruity [with raw quality] heavy on florals and with a bit of ‘acqua’ in it. Never tried Acua di Gio, so can’t compare.[And don't need to hehe >D] Florals aren’t sole shrieking individuals, but rather blender-suffered ‘water’ florals. Clear, transparent, raw-sweet and nose-piercing.

bwcw81
bwcw81

It was very similar to CK Truth for Men. Absolute freshness with blast of citrus in the beginning then evolve to green aromatic scent, very nice and very seductive on a lady!
I was imagining a grass cutting and bamboo scent! I picture a pretty lady appears in the jungle to the sea in a drizzling rains. It make men's head twisting and tempting for this one! The ads truly fits for this one!
Absolute perfect scent for pretty and modern ladies out there!

jonr951
jonr951

Sweet paradise in a bottle! It is sooo fruity and refreshing! I just adore it and Gioia is probably my favorite scent from Armani! Well done! Bravo! It is perfection for the heat right now! The combo of lemon, mint & brown sugar in the top notes just makes this perfume so so wonderful! It just puts a smile on my face! It's a great pick me up scent! When you're feeling down, where Acqua di Gioia! I just want more & more of it!!! At Nordstrom u get a little bag & a lollipop that match the bottle & samples! It's so great and I do hope everyone trys it soon! : )

Acqua di Gioia, if anything, is not really floral. It's more of a fruity aquatic, somewhat strong in its approach.

I loved the original Acqua di Gio, with its delicately feminine and oceanic quality and that beautiful banana note. Acqua di Gioia doesn't have half the beauty of its predecessor.

This fragrance is more like something I would expect as a Summer release from Escada. It's sharp, overpowering, sugary fruit salad. There's no other way to describe it.

Giorgio Armani has made some lovely fragrances, however with this latest release, it feels like they are trying too hard to blend in with those other non-descript fruity florals on the market today.

The lemon and pineapple notes are far too sharp in the opening. I expect to smell something like this when I open a can of fruit salad, not when a spray a bottle of perfume on my skin.

The introduction of the sugar note is almost nauseating. As much as I hate to say it, Acqua di Gioia smells cheap.

I can see that many people like this fragrance, and I don't discriminate against that in the least. Scent is a very personal thing, however in my case this is one of the worst perfumes I've ever encountered.

The sillage and lasting strength of Acqua di Gioia is very, very impressive. For those that buy this, you will be experiencing this fragrance for days and possibly weeks if it comes into contact with your clothes.

Adrien02
Adrien02

I almost waited until the next day to open my highly anticipated Acqua di Gioia. I'm glad I didn't. The first thing that I thought after spritzing was WOW! It opened just that sharply for me, like someone opening the curtains in a dark room to a bright, sunshiny morning of a balcony overlooking the sea with a citrus grove below. What a bright, fresh, energizing, aromatic, acquatic green scenery. I tried to grasp what it reminded me of and went to get my Straight to Heaven By Kilian to compare but even though they both have the cedar Acqua does not have the Brazilian rosewood and patchouli like Straight. Acqua reminds me of resinous citrus wood. The sharpness fades away and the resin remains which engulfs the floral heart so that I cannot tell it is there but something is making the wood go soft.
Perhaps that is the work of the peony and jasmine, which I am really having a hard time detecting. Overall a very pleasant fragrance for me. I would make this a fall fragrance, if you're into wearing by the season. I could see this being worn to a late fall bonfire, this scent mixing with the crisp fall air. A keeper for me.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

There must be something seriously wrong with my chemistry, because I'm not feeling all "exclamation mark-y" like the other reviewers.

This has been on me for a few hours now and, although I don't quite need to wash it off, I'm not enjoying it either.

And I'm a big fan of the men's counterpart to this! My husband wears it, and I pretty much attach myself to his chest and sniff him in before he leaves for work in the morning.

It's sweet and heavy on me. And the peony! (Pe-EW-ony!) It just won't soften or dry down on my skin. Dare I say, it smells like something really cheap on me.

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

I have always admired women who wear Aqua di Gio and yes, it is lovely with a strong personality. When 'Aqua di Gioia' was released I was enraptured by the beautiful advert...I wish cinema could be this way...so yes, I had been influenced to go and test it. The perfume is a work of wonder, remaining true to the sophistication of Armani Fragrance yet capturing a new desire for freedom. It is a liberating perfume...sweet but not sticky, floral but not heady...and oh it lasts and lasts.This perfume conjures up the image of the perfumer under the direction of the designer and the utter mastery of both.The water of Joy is a fresh, stimulating encounter.Armani offers something contemporary but enduring. I have never owned 'Aqua di Gio' but "Aqua di Gioia" is something I will treasure...it is the scent I have been longing for, characteristic of its time yet different from the others.

I don't know what these people are thinking because this is the most beautiful fragrance and I am 45 years old and it is perfect!!! I feel like a million dollars wearing this gorgeous fresh flowery scent!!! Awesome :)

danimcneil
danimcneil

I have been waiting and waiting to smell this one! The notes look promising, the bottle is beautiful..but OH BOY is this a fruit salad with fruit juice! I was going in one this thinking it would be more of a herbaly/aromatic type scent. No way. This should be in a catagorie called:fruit. I cant detect any florals, or pepper. I can smell a VERY slight mint right before the scent dissapears. This is my biggest dissapointment of the year by far...danget!

i was really disappointed in this newer version shortly after I sprayed it on my wrist. it turned so unbearably sour and sticky, I had to go and wash my hand. the name for this perfume should have been "dubai" as it has that distinct smell of arabian crowd.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Acqua di Gioia could just as well be called Acqua di Ensalata di Frutta! It smells like a fruit salad - nice to eat but not to wear IMHO.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

It is not the way I ecpected it to be - but more in a good way. I thought it would be sharper,colder, more minty - but indeed it is warm,fruity, sweet and much less aquatic than you might think when seeing the commercial. Lasting power seems to be ok. I am wearing it for the first time today so I have not much experience yet. In total I must say it is a very nice scent. Perfect for spring / summer but I think it will also suite the colder days.

wildcat
wildcat

I had no wish to test it on my skin once I smelled it from the bottle-my senses were frozen in a second! Really, not my cup of tea, too sharp, cold, distant...

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I adore Armani.He is a fashion genius. Most of Armani perfumes I would grab with closed eyes too. It took me some effort to ask associate to give me a sample. Well: fresh, aquatic with a hint of something "chemical nowadays", but not that "old school" Armani as Aqua di Gio.May be for a young girl it will do, not for 40- something business lady on her date.

andrevarx
andrevarx

The EDP contains letters between aquatic floral notes, very sweet aroma is a bit misleading. This has similarities with Acqua di Gio EDT sweeter but contains notes in their average scores can cloy. I personally feel better Acqua di Gio Femme. I think this works much better for young women really not more than 25 years.

mandashell
mandashell

Gotta say I thought I really liked this because it is all brown sugary and sweet with the essence of a mohijto and well I do. But for an Edp it isn't very strong when it should be. Seems to last forever on everything but my skin. LOL! Would love to add this to my collection but don't think it is really worth department store prices. Once is has been out for a while and the price drops I'll more than gladly buy a bottle! ;'D

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

Nice perfume, it smells great to me. I just can't believe there is no musk in the perfume, I really believe I can smell musk in it.

Fides
Fides

So, Pantelleria and Antiqua smell like Mojito? I should get one way ticket...No, seriously. Smells great.

I like that balance between lemony spicy and slightly sugary bubble gum note. It actually opens with flower sweetness (sugar+peony?), and than fresheness steps out, but not at all masculine to me, just minty lemon, softened with sugar. I like it, it really is fresh (not too clean, though) and summer like. And yeah, much better than Acqua di Gio - never liked pineapple liquer-ish juice inside of it. This works so much better for me.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have that kind of freshness and purity that I want in summer parfumes, it's the bubble gum note than I don't really like. Smells great overall, so...don't know. Donna e' mobile.

Laylaxxx
Laylaxxx

I have never realy liked lemonlike fragrences, though I like this one.
Not in a extreme way, because it has a strange effect on my skin.
I got a little bottle from my friend, and I use it quite often these days, as it smells like summer.
I don't think I'll buy a new one when this bottle is empty. I prefer more floral frags.

La Flamme
La Flamme

Smells nice but rather masculine. A coworker pointed out that it smells like mohito. It does. Don't think I would wear it but find it interesting. A nice alternative to the dull Light Blue.

t for two
t for two

Floral???I thought it was more fruity...big blast of aquatic fruits. then it was gone in couple hours...faint at the end.I still like Aqua di Gio better. i will try it again , and will be back with the results.Always try a frag more then once,cause body chem.changes.

guest_Jenwoo
guest_Jenwoo

This scent completely won me over when I was out "holiday perfume shopping" with a male friend who I am completely in love with. I sprayed it and when asked his opinion he said it made him feel something, gave me a funny look and disregarded every other perfume in the shop! And surely that's all we really want? A scent the triggers emotions and feelings of love an desire. A scent that makes the heart of the one your lusting after beat just that little bit faster. Who cares if it's not that original?

JOAN
JOAN

Acqua di Gioia at the beginning is very fresh,clean,aquatic but after a little while become sweet and spicy!I really like perfumes with pink pepper cause is not too spicy!!!This mix is great and very refreshing when you want something suitable for any occasion and also wanna feel sexy and feminine!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Very close to Estee Lauder Bali dream, at first maybe more fruits and sweetnes. Fresh fruity floral, and enjoyable summerscent like a Bali dream too. Not too weak and moderate to good stayingpower.

At one time Yves Rocher released a fragrance called Ode a la Joie (An ode to Joy), it was a citrus-jasmine sunny musk composition that I wore for months because they released an eau de ete version that was not quite so girlie. This fragrance does not need to release a summer version, it is summery enough.

The lemon in the opening is a feminine floral citrus and the mint is soft like spearmint not an over the top green. This was a femme twist on the usual citrus opening in mens EDTs. The heart spins the core of the women's AdG and combines the jasmine(usually with sweet pea) with peony then lightly spices it with pink peppercorns. The citrus top and floral spicy heart blend into a luxurious combination that is not too heavy or perfumey as the base grounds it with rich labdanum resin and a beautiful cedar note. Clear, sharp and woodsy while rich and smoky from the resiny haze; yet its not oriental...

I want this for my collection because it takes many common accords in perfumery and combines them into something that is more femme than butch while not fitting neatly into any particular olfactive family; and is modern and very unique. Kinda like ME...

Sillage: decent
Longevity: above average(for newer frag)
Overall: 3.75/5

This juice takes 7 very common notes and makes something altogether new and wonderful. Yes, it may be light,(what I call) "transparent fragrance" but it's a child of the age that spawned it and even though the components are quite common Armani has blended them with skill and care, making this a keeper...

Désirée
Désirée

Today, I have tested this fragrance. At the first stniff, the first thing came up to my mind was shampoo-like! I am surprised to see that this is considered in floral category because I thought this was a familiar(and sorry to say but boring) floral-fruity. Might be lovely for teens.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

With Acqua Di Gioia, Giorgio Armani creates
a Water of Joy: an ode to pleasure, a moment
of joy for the senses, of emotion and escape.
A fragrance directly inspired by the deep
blue-green sea, the cool Mediterranean
breeze and the heat of the sun; Acqua di
Gioia is a powdery iris caress, recovered by a
dazzling wave of freshness.

Ok, I should have known there was Monsieur Dominique Ropion behind a weird fragrance!
That man has a sense for weirdness, creativity, imagination and he's daring!
I love half of his works and loathe the other half. No midway.
I usually don't like Armani scents and please, let me tell I'm fed up with their geographical spread! I can't stand Acqua di Gio' anymore! No offense to all devoted wearers.
When I saw the tall screen with ongoing commercial and assertive (yeah!) SA in a department store I thought: Ooohh, here we go again! Another meaningless pushy fragrance with shiny incredibly polished image that will kill my nerves for the next ages because every woman and their sisters will wear it!
I gave it a try anyway but only on paper for the moment and I was nicely surprised. It smells good and very new! Summery and fruity with an aromatic twist and of course very very sugary, but not sickening as many other sugared scents nowadays. It’s quite powerful, not really an eau fraiche, longlasting. It conjures up images of freedom and life in the wilds, even if I could be influenced by ad on megascreen! Honestly I wish I could be that model in the forest!
I will test it again for sure on my skin.

p.s. tested on skin it is exactly like on paper. Very sugary but not candy.
A curiosity: my collegue liked it because she really likes very sweet perfumes, but she became enthusiastic when I told her it was a new Armani. She's a brand obsessed, anything with a proper design name is good.
So far the name is probably more important than anything else in this kind of scent.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I saw this was promoted in the mall and decided to test it. Here's what went through my head:
It's delightfully fresh...and a bit tropical...and....wait a minute! It's nothing but sugar!

So in my opinion it's a wearable summer frag,but why does it have to be so sugared and ordinary? I can see it as popular and craved for fragrance this summer, but nothing amazing here. Maybe I'll give it another try, though it won't make it to the wish list.

PS:Why they always retouch the advert images that much?I hate them even though the model is beautiful.

guest_airmila
guest_airmila

it smells... like a perfume without a scent.
if you hope it's going to be aqua gi gio's family member think of a younger brother/sister... without charisma, childlish and naive. dull, boring perfume.
the smell resambles lens cleaning wipes.

waste of money. and interest. buy something else instead.

p.s. if you find a single positive feature- let me know.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

When I smelt this one one word came to mind STRANGE! It is the strangest floral I have tried lately and I didn't want to test it on my skin. It gave me a weird vibe!!

onpu_jin
onpu_jin

It is the one that I never dream to test it because i prefer cute bottom.
But I received it from my aunt.

After I test it. I feel guilty that i ignore this purfume at first.

I truly love this scent. It gave me feel like in the clear air and fresh note and sweet note.

Moreover, It give a scent like rambutan which make me really surprise!!!

I think, may be that scent came from sugar.

It will be my next wishlist if it improve its design.LOL

teddito
teddito

I feel tones of sugar, too much even for lovers of sweet scents.
Sure, I do not like it at all.And the notes sounded so promising...

delphine67
delphine67

Im not impressed by this one. It starts very lemony to me. with a sweet base from the sugar.Little hint from the mint thats all Been there done that

mypersonalharmonics

Back with the review.One word.Mohito.

Mint and sugar mixed with the alcohol actually smell like a mohito coctail,
which is not a bad thing, but it is not what I hoped for either.

Plus, it gets shampoo-ey later on,it doesn't remind you its presence("smell your wrist")not the distinctive green floral I've been looking forward to discovering this summer.

guest_Kenny
guest_Kenny

Smelt this in Douglas in Monchengladbach today. The wife was very impressed with it. Its got strong floral notes which arent overpowering. Worth a look peeps if it makes it to the lame UK fragrance market.

juliane
juliane

Hmm. Rather boring. Not bad but really plain fruity and aquatic. I expected something more original. Resembles more a shower gel...

Elumina
Elumina

At the beginning its really really fruity, reminds me on pineapples, what i liked first but then it turns into a usual scent, like i smelt it many times before. not bad but also not good enough for buying it. the bottle is really pretty, just like on the picture.

This is not a review.
Just a note to make something clear,triggered by the thoughts below.

This is NOT a new interpretation of "Acqua di Gio".
It is a new scent.

"Acqua di Gioia" means "water of joy/happiness".Acqua di Gio was kinda like an"eau de Giorgio",named by the designer...Anyway,the ingredients of this are a whole different story and the collaboration of the noses mentioned above,very much awaited.

Liz7733
Liz7733

I can't wait for this fragrance. In college Acqua di Gio was my favorite scent ever. I would love to smell a new take on it :)
EDIT: Although I understand this is a completely new fragrance. I still believe this is meant to be a modern re-adaptation. Something for those of this generation to think of as "their Acqua di Gio" That's my opinion and everyone has the right to that. I anxiously await it's arrival.

Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani 3.72 out of 5 based on 3217 ratings and 478 user reviews

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 0.34 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
ACQUA DI GIOIA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
ACQUA DI GIOIA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
Acqua Di Gioia Perfume by Giorgio Armani, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Fraiche Spray for Women
ACQUA DI GIOIA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU FRAICHE EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Acqua di Gioia Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Acqua Di Gioia
Acqua Di Gioia Perfume by Giorgio Armani, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Fraiche Spray for Women
ACQUA DI GIOIA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU FRAICHE EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ACQUA DI GIOIA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU FRAICHE EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Acqua Di Gioia Perfume by Giorgio Armani, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gift Set 3.4oz
Acqua di Gioia Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Gift Set 1.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz 2x Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Red Box 3pcs
Gift Set 1.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz 2x Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Beige Box 3pcs
Acqua di Gioia Set 160 Value
Acqua di Gioia Set 160 Value
Acqua di Gioia Set 160 Value One Size
Acqua di Gioia Set 160 Value One Size
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.