Designers » F-H » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Acqua di Gioia Essenza Giorgio Armani for women

Acqua di Gioia Essenza Giorgio Armani for women
dislike

Acqua di Gioia Essenza by Giorgio Armani is a Floral Aquatic fragrance for women. Acqua di Gioia Essenza was launched in 2011. Top notes are amalfi lemon, pink pepper and mint; middle note is jasmine; base notes are virginia cedar, cashmeran and sugar.

Amalfi Lemon Pink Pepper Mint

Bj Asuncion

Very fresh, gummy, minty scent! Read: Mojito

green_green_eyes
green_green_eyes

Every time I use Essenza I feel like drinking good quality, very fragrant jasmine tea with at least 5 heaped spoons of sugar while chewing peppermint gum ;)

It's refreshing, soft and feminine. I totally agree with other reviews stating it's different (and IMO better) than Acqua di Gioia! I can't smell any of those piercing, strong citruses that annoyed me in the original AdG.
Jasmine and mint are notes I can smell for the first 4-5 hours, they're detectable in the dry down as well but accompanied by soft scent of hot sugared tea.

Absolutely delightful, and I can see myself wearing it during early Autumn :)

Tangobutt
Tangobutt

A lovely summer cocktail! I bought it at duty free in Newark and the worker there literally took me by the hand (do they just KNOW when they have a Fragrantica club member there? Do we give ourselves away because we smell everything?!) and I wore it every day I was in Denmark. It was perfect for the lovely spring days, rain or sun. It is green, refreshing, rainy, sunny, a margarita in a spray and exactly what I needed. It is precisely the reason I got into perfumes...aromatherapy. It stays on almost all, day, too. I found myself even spritzing at night before bedtime with the windows open and the cool breeze coming in.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

Acqua di Gioia Essenza is exactly what the notes suggest it to be like: a glass of fine Mojito to enjoy at the edge of a swimming pool in a 5 stars hotel in South Europe. The sweetness is gone quite soon, and after the dry down the mint stays for a long while, pairing up with the rest of the notes one after another. Quite pleasant. The me from a few years back would be head over heels for Essenza, but I've started to lean towards sweeter scents so it's not an option for me at the moment. I'd absolutely recommend it for the rest of you who are in for a spritz of unique freshness though.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Opens with a huge blast of lemon, sugar and minth. As it settles on the skin, the lemon fades and the jasmin makes it appearance on a spicy woodsy base.
I think the pepper gives it enough character to make it suitable for men as well.
Personally,... I preferred it to be a little less spicy and would have wished for the lemon and sugar to take the lead.
It won't become a favorite, but it's still nice.
♥♥♥

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

Thought it would be more tropical, or fruity, but not on me. I feel it sweet and powdery, it ok but No Surprises, a regular scent. I dont feel any mint, if you want to be part of a big crowd of women this is the perfume. if you want something classic with a twist. this is not the option. ADG essenza could have been done by Calvin Klein, Ralph L. C. Herrera, or others. Just one more. No personality.

Daughter
Daughter

Truely a nice clean fragrance. Works great for work for example. Or anything. You might think from reading this, that it's another completely inoffensive fragrance, but it is actually quite assertive, in my opinion. The jasmine, I think it is, will not just back off, and makes it quite noticeable. But still in a clean, nice way.

In my opinion Essenza is a very successful improvement of the original, which I didn't like. Although Essenza still does remind me of a certain stage in the original fragrance, Essenza is convincingly SO much better than the original and she stays true to herself all the way....mmmmyummy clean!

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

On me this perfume stands for both aquatic and sweet in a great balance, i think i have a hard to match chemistry for many perfumes, this one is the perfect spring/summer scent for me and i have to have it :D sillage is very apropriate and longevity also very good on the heavy side for me. Good job armani ;)

almarie
almarie

This unfortunately smells like moth balls or bad breath on me, LOL. I don't know what it is, but it's not even close to the original and I am glad that I never purchased this one. Oh well, what a shame because on the blotter card it smells amazing. I think it's more of a body chemistry thing for me.

Absolument
Absolument

On my skin, the pepper and fresh aspects of this perfume are revealed. I only get a hint of sweetness in the opening and the drydown is that of a flowery, peppery cologne. To me this is more of a perfume for work environment, or someone discreet and sporty.

shushkin
shushkin

I've just tried this scent. I would not say it was aquatic at all like for example l'eau de Issey. It is quite sweet and the dry down on me smells like juicy tropical fruits. Half way between papaya and mango :)
I was bought up in the Far East so I should know. I thought it was going to be much fresher. Thankfully it is not too sweet or it would have given me a migraine. I am very sensitive to smells. I never smelt the lemon or mint that I was looking forward to.
If I had tried this blind then I would have sworn it was a scent from the ESCADA group. Anyway, after saying all that, I like it and it will definitely be one of my new summer scents.

Elmyra
Elmyra

Ive tried this. Prefer the first one Acqua di Gioa though, as it is fresher.
This one has excellent sillage and longevity, but the marshmallow note comes off as strongest, after it has settled, which is why i prefer the first one.
This one becomes sweet and mushy when settled, as opposed to the original that smells somehow fresher, notes are well blended, nothing really sticks out or takes centre stage in particular. But the original's longevity is moderate.
If you like sweet, you will enjoy this one though, it does not smell edible, but just deeper.
Extremely long lasting.
I might get it actually, as i have had the first one and a new change is always good -)

Clyn11
Clyn11

Fresh ...great sillage and very very long lasting! I this and the original version. of ADG and this is a touch warmer due to cashmeran. Two spritz max is enough for most of the day... if you like fresh long lasting perfumes this hits the spot!!

Lola-sweet
Lola-sweet

I love it so much, i get alot of compliements when i wear it. My boyfriend loves it too, he tells when iam weraing this that he can smell me from a really long distance :)

mribrism
mribrism

Its longevity, and silage are overwhelming. It could be positive, or negative. But I got a headache because it lingers for so long. IF you work for long hours, go for it.

I truly don't know why it is in the floral/ aquatic category, to me there isn't anything remotely aquatic about it, I would describe it as a balmy floral, feminine, I really enjoy it, I find it uplifting, yet with a certain sensuality, I do not get minty notes either.
All in all a fresh balmy scent, well constructed, I definitely detect the cashmeran. Which makes me think of a Donna Karan fragrance it could be similar to..in the same vibe, enveloping, interesting, womanly not girlish at all..
My husband likes it, which is a plus..it isn't extremely complex so the development is overall poor, but for now I reach for it often.

meuytato
meuytato

longevity and silage
very good choice

sandrajj
sandrajj

Longevity, incredible. Silage, maybe 8 feet! This is fresh and minty sweet, and I love it!! Many compliments from both sexes when I wear this.

marily
marily

I like it much more than the original,is more sugary....It has sugary mint in it,sweet scent which is make it lovely!!!!! I think is very unique scent

starvega
starvega

A blind buy made because it was heavily discounted and I remember not minding the original, and the verdict: meh. The frenzy of a sale always overrides my common sense, damn it!

There is something in this that is an almost human smell, kind of dirty, maybe the cashmeran? Whatever it is, I need to identify it asap because it is yuck. This dirty smell and a kind of syrupy dampness are what I get initially. The pepper comes through, but doesn't blend well, and sticks in your throat. Fortunately once this dies down it becomes more pleasant and almost musky, but I can't see myself wearing this. I'll give it another chance and then will be putting my 100mL up for swap, I'd say.

nugrahartowinsu
nugrahartowinsu

i buy this perfume for my mom as a gift for her birtday.
mom said that smell is too sweet and i like when my mom use this perfume.
smell like floral, fruity and sugar..

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I was looking for a fresh but not citrus over all scent and Acqua di Dioia Essenza fits the bill.
It is a herbal scent, because of strong mint, but floral too, since the jasmine is very prominent. Long-lasting and with good sillage, this edp intense is very beautiful choice for summer nights.
It is a little bitter though and maybe masculine, so I wouldn't recommend you to blind buy it.

feeg
feeg

Gioia Essenza is better on my skin than the original one. I don't know why but this fragrance just won't react with my skin PH in a good way. It smells too spicy and too fresh not in a pleasant way even when it dries down. I think it a nice perfume but it's just not my thing.

putri
putri

already tried this.. the bottle is nice!
i spritzed on my wrist once, it only lasted for 2-3 hours, 4 tops. it's soft and fresh, yes.. but it has some kind of metal-ish scent to my nose ~ maybe due to my body chemistry.
the opening notes of AdGE weren't as strong as AdG, and however i think it's more suitable for men.

Pusur
Pusur

Oh... Do you know this feeling when a lady wants to smell like handsome gentleman but... Like female in the same time? Well, Essenza does it. Wonderful.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Gorgeous scent. On my skin: Dewy Jasmine note takes center stage, amidst aquatic notes, sugar cubes and the other notes. Dry down is woody, bitter and sweet.
Potent smell, almost dizzying if smelt too close. I want one, anyway.

Edit: I figured the cashmere wood note in this made it really woody and kinda odd. Acqua di gioia already has a semi synthetic aquatic note and when it is mixed with the cashmere wood note, it kinda unnerves me. I loved the top and heart notes, though. I think this is just me because my body loved to amplify woody, musky scent and I'm not someone who enjoys such scents...

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one is realy beautiful but very strong.
it is infact a bit hard to wear becase off the slightly piersing minty,peppery crisp opening. im shure there is other things mixing the top notes aswell. bt this are the most prominent.
its a very delicios fresh sugary mint drink . bt added to mch mint it will be a bit ower the top.. This is a bit like i feal right away. its a bit overwelming..
i have it on my hand trying to sniff it cause i wanted somthing minty fresh . yes this wafts around me like a breaze off freshness. bt when i get my hand up to my nose its to much and slightly cloying almost..
i was just outside ff the house doing some pre gardening stuff and this follows me and lingers in my nose all the way.. so thi is realy some potent stuff
I think this might be a little to much to put on more then a few sprits . because it will make you dissy..
to bad realy that it is so potent. it might be better tamed just a little bit.. the cedarwood and cashmer .lemon and sugar makes it realy nice and the mix is so so beautiful .. just be carefull and not put on to much at the time . This one lasts a long long time aswell

LuiLui

As I wrote here before I can't find this version in anywhere.
I wish so much to know where I could find it to try and smell it. :(

wbp
wbp

Very fresh opening, I can feel the mint and the pink pepper tops. After 10 minutes on my skin left a little pepper, flowers and woods.At least I can't smell lemon or sugar at all, but maybe is my skin, that eats them. Very nice fragrance for the hot summer days.

just wondering how come musk isn't listed in notes!it's definitely a fresh musky scent.it has so many things in common with the original perfume,but the long lasting power and sillage are much better.the sugar is less touchable,instead there's something strange which can be the combination of woods.whatever it is,I'm not sure I can tolerate it for a long time.but it's uplifting to smell it from time to time.

dagmar.Škvaridlová
dagmar.Škvaridlová

The mint smell dominates in this perfume, which can be felt from start to finish, lemon is very subtle. Jasmine softens the whole composition. Spices and cashmeran care about a pretty good staying power, but I must point out that neither ingredient isn´t intrusive , it is a great and interesting a very balanced composition, that does not bother anyone in the vicinity. Particularly it is a suitable choice for spring and summer. Unequivocally, this is a wonderful fresh fragrance full of life.

Mansour Hamad

this frag has a very strong floral and fresh openning. the heart is sweet and the jasmin is strong and a little spicy. the drydown is like dried floral leaves and woody earthy smell

joyonyemachi
joyonyemachi

Just got it will, will send word soon. fingers crossed it is all the nice things you all say.

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

To me it smells more fruity than floral. Base note reminds Envy Me of Gucci which was my fav long time ago. Very youthful and long lasting.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

This on me is very sweet.

I'm 'meh' on it, but maybe if the pepper had came out to play it would be a bit different.

It does smell good enough for a spring summer scent, if someone so choose it.

Longevity is decent, I smelled the spot I sprayed on my hand for 5-6 hours. I only used one spray but seemed that sillage was about arms length. More sprays though would be really annoying on me.

Napper216
Napper216

Clearly I'm the only person in the world who this doesn't suit, judging by how much love it gets on here.

I thought 'essence' was supposed to smell fresh and light?!
On me, this just turns rancid... like bad, slightly pissy (I think) BO and/or rotting meat. Something vile, anyway.

After about half an hour or so, it tempers down to a colder (as in unfriendly, I think), more clinical, more powdery and much less sweet version of the original.

Pepper, sugar and lemon seem to be what I'm getting now, 3 hours later.

Ah well, I've tried it now.

Kristine1005
Kristine1005

Very spicy/woody to me. I def prefer the original. It's nice and smooth though. It's deep and interesting, just to masculine for my taste.

fulya.yahya.9
fulya.yahya.9

sparkling peppery and mint effect on top. has more cooling effect than the original.

hottopicme
hottopicme

Yesterday got the bottle 100ml - it's a bottle of my personal joy. I just love it from the beginnig to the end.
The most strong notes for my nose are pepper, than goes jasmine, after it - mint and sugar, covered with cashmeran. Lemon notes are not so harsh as it feels in Aqua di Gioa, casmeran makes this perfume more suitable for brunettes - it keep saying "hot-hot-hot" after 6 hours of wearing this perfume. The base notes of origin Aqua say only "im fresh&flowery" and the sillage isnt so potent - imho, more suitable for blondies.
When my sis(brown-haired) wears Aqua di Gioa, it opens more flowery and sweet, on me instead(Im brunette) - warm and sweet-spicy.
Totally pleased!

Mansour Hamad

I have a sample of it and it's really strong deep floral and I think it can be a unisex

rohmhild
rohmhild

Much better and more interesting than the original variant.

yume9
yume9

I was interested in a nice opening, very fuity, almost apple-like. But then came a heavy indole and a killer mint. Sticky, loud, annoying. Like a slap in the face from a lady that wishes to be playful with you, but overdoes it and knocks you out.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

I never thought I will love this kind of scent. I come across it, wow! the scent is so fresh but it's not fresh in sour citrus, I get a feeling of something cool, calm and feminine at the same time and looking at the ad is really suitable. When I first smell I think about white flowers fall from the waterfall down the river. The drydown is a bit sweet, something smooth and delicate because of sugary scent but it doesn't make it cloying. I'm not good at describing the scent but I can tell that it's very very good balanced between fresh, sweet, calm, cool, and luxurious. I'm much in love with this Essenza!

LuiLui

I also would like to know where is available to buy.
Can't find it!!!
Please any information will be appreciated. :)

fizahnazri
fizahnazri

why i wear this giorgio armani essenza but my friends can't smell from me..i buy the original perfume,is it because of my body chemistry not suitable for me..??

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I got a sample of this a few weeks ago. I like the opening of AdG but the sugar note is a real killer for me. I cannot tolerate it. Once the opening freshness fades to sugar I have to wash it off!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This week I was going to smell some perfumes that I had already in mind, but I never try the ones I want to try, when I am going to a perfume store I think for example: "I really need to try jean paul gaultier The EDT and the EDP classique" I am very curious about those, but I couldn´t find them so I saw this one and I am glad I did not find those 2, otherwhise I wouldn´t try this amazing fragrance. But this happens me all the time, I can´t ever find what Iam looking for, I could call a employe, but since now I don´t buy almost anything in stores, I prefer not to call anyone, just smell, and leave lool, then I order on-line(like many of us do, I suppose)Now I´ll get back to the ESSENZA I wasn´t expecting much since I don´t really give a shi** for the original acqua di gioia (wich I own),so I tought it was something simmilar,NOT AT ALL, at least not in me, I really like this one It´s really awsome, For those who can´t find it avaiable in stores, I recommend a Blind Buy definelly!! And it as a very good sillage and longetivity lasts many hours.. I hope I can get one some day :)

ciotty
ciotty

I love this one.
For me it's hypnotic and has a wondurful quality: it's fresh and deep at the same time, with a good lasting power.
Sweet but not too sweet/vanilla/gourmet, and in my opinion better and less girly than the first Acqua di gioia.

slk86
slk86

Instantly fell in love with this one. It smells really fresh, the staying power is really good. A little goes a long way. Will be purchasing the larger bottle for sure!

Celestienne
Celestienne

I don't agree this smells anything like the first one,not at all!! when i was at perfume shop,the lady was like begging me to try this,never stop repeating that it gather 4 types of white flowers,i always replied that i prefer to try something else.basing on members reviews here that it smells like the original one i didn't care about it coz i didn't like the original so much(very citrusy,very sweet).when i almost finished sniffing every perfume available at store she applied:would you try this now? i thought why not? she sprayed it on a perfume paper, and WOW!! i was amazed by flowery notes it has!! very classy,very dark white flowers,no citrus,no sweet sugar,not young and girly at all,suits cold weather for sure.i was really impressed.it's on my wishlist now ;-)

melissa

What stores have this? I have seen a bottle that is "silver"- but it doesn't say Essenza. It is a limited edition. Is this the same?- or different? Thanks for any info.

marilyn.wey
marilyn.wey

I agree with Kittycat63, Acqua di Gioia smells fresh, airy, and clean, not too aquatic but kind of like a sea breeze, not for me but it's a bright perfume and (this is totally subjective) but I feel like describing someone who'd wear it, sporty comes to mind.

Minnija
Minnija

it is really perfect :) actually for my nose they are veru smilar, maybe Essenza is a bit deeper and stronger, butt they are almost the same! If i would have to choose, I would take this one ;)

ambra
ambra

Una fragranza calda,rassicurante,quasi ipnotica. Va dosata pero', 2 spruzzi al massimo e a "nuvola", la sera anche 3 ma non di piu'. Cosi'puo' esprimersi al meglio con l'essenza naturale di ciascuno, senza coprirla.Dopo un'ora dà il meglio di sé.

falke
falke

i had a sample of it and i really like it, it holds really good,

petronella
petronella

I just got a sample vial/EDP of this fragrance, and I love it at first smell. One of my favorite floral scents is jasmine, but I first get an impression of the aromatic woody musky base notes of cashmeran which combines wonderfully well with the gorgeous aroma of the jasmin. In my opinion this fragrance is better than the original Aqua di Gio, and also suitable for fall weather, due to the added earthy element of the cashmeran. Beautiful fragrance!

melia
melia

Sweeter, smoother, fruitier and less cedar-ish than the original. Nice but boring. To me it smells like a very mean girl would smell.. For some reason (I don't even know mean girls in my surrounding).

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

While spritzing myself feverishly around a perfume section in a department store the other day a male sales assistant proffered a Giorgio Armani perfume strip and told me that it was a new scent that was light and fresh, etc, and that he thought I may like it! Well, how nice of him and he was right - I did like it very much, and I'm pretty sure that this is the perfume that was spritzed on the perfume strip!

It smells clean, fresh, airy and a little sweet, but not aquatic. It's along the lines of Polo Sport, which I quite like but don't love, but to me smells better because, thanks to the sugar, it's not as tart and 'cold' smelling. It would be great as an everyday, 'go to' type of scent and I definitely wouldn't mind getting a bottle of this!

k-chan
k-chan

I have the perfume and it is really nice~ I love it!!! The bottle is also very chic~ All I can say is it's really wonderful~

LuiLui

My favorite ingredient is pink pepper.
This new fragrance looks like will be awesome. I WiSH!!!
And I will try it!
I LOVE the original one. It is in my top 5.

melissa

I love the original and will definitely try this when available. The bottle is really pretty. I hope this new one is not totally floral.

passionata20
passionata20

Based on the notes of latest releases of perfumes i have noticed that pepper note is becoming a new trend. There has been quite many already featuring pepper or pink pepper notes.
I have tried it and love it! Reminds me of Escada´s summer scent but the pepper is adding a nice vibe to it and the lasting power is good. opens up quite fruity and juicy but melts into something floral-fruity -spicy...
very tasty! And better to my nose than the original one.

Acqua di Gioia Essenza by Giorgio Armani 3.61 out of 5 based on 346 ratings and 62 user reviews

ACQUA DI GIOIA ESSENZA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY 1.7 OZ TESTER
Perfume WorldWide
Acqua Di Gioia Essenza
Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Perfume by Giorgio Armani, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Intense Spray for Women
Boots.com
65.50 GBP
GIORGIO ARMANI Acqua di Gioia Essenza Eau de Parfum Intense Spray 50ml
GIORGIO ARMANI Acqua di Gioia Essenza Eau de Parfum Intense Spray 50ml
Perfume WorldWide
Acqua Di Gioia Essenza
Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Perfume by Giorgio Armani, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Intense Spray for Women
Boots.com
81.50 GBP
GIORGIO ARMANI Acqua di Gioia Essenza Eau de Parfum Intense Spray 100ml
GIORGIO ARMANI Acqua di Gioia Essenza Eau de Parfum Intense Spray 100ml
ACQUA DI GIOIA ESSENZA for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Eau De Parfum Intense Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Essenza fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Essenza, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Gioia Essenza by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Gioia Essenza by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.