Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Armani Giorgio Armani for women

Armani Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Armani Giorgio Armani for women Pictures Armani Giorgio Armani for women Pictures

Armani by Giorgio Armani is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Armani was launched in 1982. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, mint, galbanum, marigold and bergamot; middle notes are cyclamen, tuberose, orchid, orris root, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, benzoin, oakmoss and cedar.

Aldehydes Pineapple Mint Galbanum Marigold Bergamot

Cyclamen Tuberose Orchid Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Benzoin Oakmoss Cedar

Armani Fragrance Reviews

TheBritishEccentric
TheBritishEccentric

Just bloody well BRING IT BACK!!!!! I have lived too long without this amazing fragrance. Down on my knees.... bring SEXY back!!

Dinkum
Dinkum

Some time ago I fell head over heels for Oriza Le Grands Chypre Mousse. It´s minty opening reminds me of this vintage Armani. Different in drydown, though.

Armani is a beautiful scent but feels somewhat dated, IMO. Chypre Mousse is similar in many ways, but with a more modern feel to it. If you yearn for the classic Armani, but can´t get it, or want a more modern alternative Oriza Le Grands Chypre Mousse might be something for you...?

This 1982 creation from Giorgio Armani definitely smells like it came from the 1980s: brazenly "old lady"--or people might say today, this is a no-holds-barred rather intense and dense creation. A classic combination of aldehydes and dark oakmoss and possible animalia along with big, bold flowers such as marigold and narcissus combine to create a perfume which honestly will smell dated to younger perfumistas now that the age of SSRI fragrances is well and truly upon us.

There is a good deal of big florality here and also a kind of richness which is no longer considered appropriate--if we are to judge by what has happened with marketing-based trends toward simplicity and cleanliness in more recent fragrance launches. Just look at the awe-inspiring note list!

I am grateful to Action for having sent me a well-preserved mini of this, the very first Giorgio Armani perfume!

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Precious precious scent! In the words of Carrie Bradshaw: "Real love!! Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love!!!" ~ AMEN!!!

But I just found a very similar one in L'ARTE di GUCCI! It shares most of the same notes n is long lasting as well! I agree w Mals86 that "L'arte has a smolder, a smoky-eyed stare, that one rarely sees outside film noir." Kind of a meld between AA & PALOMA PICASSO. Alas, also discontinued, hard to find!

Also good are Eau de Gucci & 19 Channel (both hard to find & also discontinued) and Leonard de Leonard (close but not as lasting). I will have to try Climate Lancome, Y YSL, Potion DSquared & Passion Annick n get back to u... But Weil de Weil does not work on me at all.. I agree w Maeculpa that Champagne (now named Yvresse) is good but not the same.. yes true that!

aber19
aber19

I have stocked up on this perfume. The quality is supreme. It has not gone off for me. It smells perfect. But you need to store this perfume in a dark and cool cupboard. Do not put it on in heavy light, or place near very hot areas.

It can effect the perfume. I depends how the perfume has been stored in the first place. I tend to stand it upright, make sure the cap is firmly placed on it. Air is problematic to perfumes. While I do not have my Armani in the box, it found an alternative perfume box to place it in.

If the perfume is slightly off, you will realise that the top notes will go off, smell terrible: but the other stages may remain in tack. For example for my vintage Sublime from Jean Patou, the top notes smell like off musk with an alcohol stench which is not pleasant, so the strength of the perfume remains compromised.

It may be worth asking the seller, how the perfume has been stored, and if the perfume has only remained with them.

I do not wear the Armani perfume often and but will wear it early in the morning. Remember a little goes a long way.

If you look at Ebay, you may find it. I have seen this in bidding auctions, where some people do not even know that this perfume is a rare treasure. When, I bought my Armani, and the seller was not sure if the perfume was for men or women. So it does come along occasionally whereby the perfume is sold at a steal. So you will need to check relevant perfume sites dealing with vintage fragrances. Yes, vintage perfumes may change over time, this is the chance you may need to take.

teebee
teebee

Armani was my first perfume. It was a Christmas present from my parents. I love it and have just found out it is discontinued. I'm devastated! it's only a perfume but to think I will not be able to smell that scent again is unbelievable. I was just telling a friend last week how much I lived this perfume. I used to wear it going out clubbing in the 80's and early 90's. I wish I still had a bottle. I felt very sophisticated and edgy in a confident way when I wore it. Is it worth trying to find a vintage bottle of Armani? Would it still be ok to wear?

nikkibom
nikkibom

Been crying for this one for so long - then .... While being nosey in my Stepmum's bathroom - rummiging through a minature perfume collection in a large seashell on display - i found 2 5ml minatures of Armani - from the 80s!! I informed her that I would be taking them home with me - hehehehe!!

lsh55
lsh55

I bought it back in 1983 after I got a sample, which I loved.

But I found out it made me sneeze. After having used it for a while it changed on me, it became a scent different from the one I fell in love with and I began to dislike it. The sneezing may be one of the reasons I fell out of love with it.

LadyKath
LadyKath

To me this is THE PERFUME!!
The loveliest, the One I can't do without!
I have certainly stocked up on it, since I'm really afraid to be without it. As many fragrances I love, this is the one that I always think about as my all time favourite.
Not only a smell of Paradise, but also a piece of Heaven here on Earth. It takes me to another world and it lasts on my clothes for days - even longer (weeks) if you have a good nose - always to make me excited.
Gorgeous but sometimes too much to wear on a normal day.
You only need just a little, because it awakens everybody in a room (and sometimes even those in the next room) and you can't be invisible wearing it.
This scent is a true masterpiece!! I love it so much!

diego.lesgart

ARMANI POUR HOMME WAS REFORMULED IN 2013, WHY ARMANI POUR FEMME NOT COMING BACK???!!!

nellyrlight@aol.com

is this really discontinued? could someone please let me know if they found it and where? thank you!!

mrgeebee
mrgeebee

Armani original was the epitome of Giorgio's true vision as a designer.Bold, elegant,feminine yet strong.
Its unfortunate to see the direction the "Brand" has taken with extreme commercialisation.Sugar sweet stinkers and starlets like Megan Fox fronting the franchise.Enough said.This one of my favourite Chypres(I am always hunting for backups)Mysterious,Authorative,Carnal and Sensual.
A genuine Armani creation.

nellyrlight@aol.com

this was so very great!! i have a feeling it must be discontinued..why and how and how and why! so disappointing..

maeculpa
maeculpa

You utter beauty. Where have you gone? Why have you deserted me?

I fell in love with this in my late teens and early twenties. It was so easy to get and at the time I did not need anything else. And then they discontinued it! Why on earth?

Launched me on a quest to find something that made me feel rounded and sensual in the same way, which led to a frightening parade of lesser scents and an obsession with testing every new thing out there.

I'm an Armani girl for life now. Don't know if that is a blessing or a curse. Emptied quite a few of his bottles and have some on my wish list. His stuff is modern but also accessible and lasting with no grande dame perfumyness and not many gourmandises.

I tried Annick Goutal passion based on the review below and i do not get the same mellow wholeness - it starts way too loud and then like all the AG fragrances I've tried it is a blink and you miss it experience. I have some drops of Champagne (the original) by YSL left and it is lovely but not the same. Nothing is the same. Sob.

Note to self try Y.

Like the memories of a first love I can't remember the smell of this at all, just that it made me feel gorgeous like nothing else. Suggestions welcome!

piahellgren
piahellgren

This is the best fragrance ever created. VERY classy and never boring, extremely individualistic without being the slightest bit off-putting. There is/was NOTHING like it! Intense, warm, chilly, minty, animalic, salty, lush, almost sexual, but without ANY overly cloying oriental sides to it.. A fierce yet comforting scent. Strangely natural even though there are so many components in it. A gem, a masterpiece. All these contradictory words make a completeness that smells so wonderful- particularly in the dry-down- that I could get a rush just out of sniffing myself when wearing it. Nothing will ever smell so much like me.

mysticgoose
mysticgoose

I like this quite a bit. I tried it based upon the comments I found here. I do consider it a unisex fragrance that is green and easy to wear. Easier than Chanel 19 but I love them both. Another chypre that is similar and now only available EDT is Y by YSL. It is worth a try. I have gotten the perfume on line. Y is the only scent my Dad got my Mom and she still has some. If you like Chypres Armani and Y are splendid.

fanny
fanny

I do not think at all this is like Passion de Annick Goutal, like some of the previous reviewers do.

What is called masculine in Armani -by Elisabeth M- I call character.
Passion is a nice office scent, Armani is a mind-blowing breeze from northern Italy.
Le Climat de Lancôme could be a substitute, but it is more sweet.

I am with Action and Cisco.
Cold can be good.
Cold also means fiery and flying high.

Always, I am on the look out for more of this Ice Queen.

jeannieby
jeannieby

This was the ONE perfume my father would buy for my mother which she actually wore. He bought it often, and she wore it often. They loved each other.

To be honest, it was way too strong smelling to me, and made me want to back off.
It even crossed my mind to wonder if my mother was using it up quickly to "get it over with", but was too polite to tell my dad that she didn't like it!

My father was SO happy to replace her "signature scent". My mom was impossible to buy presents for!

What can I say? They were so cute together. A match made in heaven.

As long as I didn't have to sit too close to my mother when she was "enrobed in Giorgio", it was
all good!

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

If you like Armani for Women which is discontinued for quite a while now and you are looking for a substitute try 'Passion' by Annick Goutal. Passion is less masculine but has the same green oriental opening as Armani for Women and is also definitely an 80's perfume.

hermyonee
hermyonee

oh, this one used to be my mom's fragrance for years whe I was a kid; for me it's just her... she used it almost since I was born, in 81, and she was soo sad when it was discontinued. Such a pitty! I remember it was quite sharp, fresh, a bit fruity, classy, a nice chypré, elegant, it was really perfect for her, so lady-like.

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

My first regular girlfriend wore this scent in the eighties. She wore a lot of other perfumes too, but all of which I have forgotten. It is this very one that reminds me of her. I guess that is a sign of excellence.
It really has a double character and the age span is wide, about 17-55.
It is light but personal. It is sexy and loveable. It is fresh but intense. It is for blondes as well as for brunettes. It is for laughs and seriosity. It is cool and warm. It is for business and pleasure. It is for days or nights. It goes with denim or silk. It could be worn in any season. It has depth and shallow tones. But it always takes you to the top and embraces you.
Sometimes I wonder if this fragrance is the most versatile ever constructed.
It is indeed a very very fine fragrance.
It is a scent of excellence.

dromidreza
dromidreza

i think its unisex.why???

tsgibbns
tsgibbns

This was my all time favourite in the 80s and the only fragrance at that time suited my body chemistry. Sadly, Chypres are no longer available and I find it very difficult to find a (new) fragrance. Where can I find it?

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I scored a beautiful NOS bottle, because if it is discontinued, I have to hunt it down, right? My first little test, I was not a fan. Surprisingly not. But I decided to give it full go today and it grew on me. It is different, and I could see falling in love with it. But, it disappeared from my skin in a rather short amount of time. I didn't think about spraying my clothes, I should do that more. My skin is like the perfume monster munching up lovely fragrances. So, I am still rather undecided about keeping it. What to do, what to do....

Sadly I have a rancid sample, but the marigold, galbanum, and oakmoss are still highly and immediately detectable. This perfume seems very 80's, but I can tell it's a quality 80's perfume! As the notes imply, this perfume is very orange--like deep yellow enhanced with gold. I KNOW there is something beautiful underneath the rancid yucky stuff. I bet this was the signature of countless women in its day!

Toyota
Toyota

Very good perfume but it kinda repels me. I might like it on other people but its not for me.

amariah
amariah

This perfume is my all time favourite, its longevity is remarkable. I think of sexuality, class and mystery. The product is exceptional. I have placed on my clothes and it lasts for days.I have stocked up on this fragrance, being an avid respecter of excellence fragrance. I would have to say, the uniqueness of the fragrance would be impossible to capture, because it is complex, stylish and not a shallow fragrance. It has multi-dimensional qualities, for ever changing. It is a purely reassuring scent to make an impression, particularly in a legal setting or job interview as a evening seduction tool. If you want something a little different from the rest. Then I found this to be my signature scent. The reason being because it has a lingering trial which is exotic. Interestingly, it is classic fragrance which could be worn at any era, a true masterpiece!!!!

diego.lesgart

Totalmente de acuerdo con Natalia Lorenzo... una de las mejor fragancia de los 80s hasta hoy,fascinante como una bebida quizas algun brandy o whisky, por asi decirlo ... No se por que dejaron de fabricarla, nunca lo supe... si Armani Pour Home aun esta vigente y es su contemporanea...

ward.w.3ood
ward.w.3ood

Perfume is very beautiful

I hope I find

passionata20
passionata20

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Though i am not really into this type of smell, but this one is gorgeous. Yes it is chypre, but apart from many others this is not an offensive chypre, not a heavy one. Opening has bitter note, yet it is warm and not scary (thought about bitter orange but this is soft marigold, yes it is beautiful here). It has very strong vetiyver note, which is quite dominanting, but not overpowering like i have experienced in some other chypres before. Maybe because of all the flower notes that are also in composition? At first you don´t smell them at all, but later when it begins to develope you can smell the floers here as well. At first i was starting to wonder where are all of them hidden and "voila" here they are! I can smell bergamot, narcissus, a bit of rose and lilly-of-the-valley and a very unusual and surprising accord of mint, which makes it truly refreshing after a bit harsh opening. The drydown is just a bit soapy without being too strong on vetyver and has a really soft and nice woody note and unexpected mint note. The mint in this fragrance is "the catch", if there wouldn´t be it, then it would be just another regular chypre fragrance. Bravo!
Great sillage, great lasting power. Really nice. Now i am ready for pure parfum as well.
This was a review for EDT.
It reminds me a lot of Courreges "In blue" in the opening which i have in pure parfum concentration, though Courreges is a softer one and more warm, less chypre to my nose. "Cardin" by Cardin has also similarities, though Cardin is even more harsher and stronger with vetyver note and really misses the fabulous minty note. And i agree with Action who wrote that this one is also similar to "Leonard" by leonard, though Armani is less flowery to me in the middle and in the drydown..

UPDATE (5,5 hours later): this one is really beautiful! I guess i begin to start loving it more and more. The longer it stays on my skin the better it is... Can´t say enough good words about this one. Minty-soapy-woody drydown has really got me! My oh my, why didn´t i go for a pure perfume bottle straight??? I really hope the one i was looking at is still available. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

UPDATE (4months later): THIS IS LOVE! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE! I´v e grown to love this fragrance very much, this is my perfect spring time fragrance. I´m stocked up!

jacoanna
jacoanna

Profumo spettacolare che ha segnato la mia infanzia, mia mamma ne conserva una bottiglia quasi vuota e annusarlo di tanto in tanto mi fa piombare di colpo in quegli anni lussureggianti e dorati, dove tutto sapeva d'estate e di lusso. Estremamente sensuale e femminile, particolare per l'accordo della menta e di note calde e profonde. Lo trovo un po' simile a Magie Noire de Lancome.

Henriette
Henriette

I remember this was very unique and truly special. It was somewhat innovative too. The chypre feeling was green but not sporty as one would naturally expect, or masculine. Not at all. It was an extremely feminine fragrance, very elegant, totally in line with the couture of Re Giorgio Armani. It is a pity this has been discontinued, I would really love to buy and enjoy it again. And I am puzzled that all the Armani perfumes that followed are not in the same league of this first masterpice. Not even close.

NATALIA LORENZO
NATALIA LORENZO

TODAVÍA ESTOY LLORANDO POR LA DESAPARICIÓN DE LA MEJOR FRAGANCIA FEMENINA DE LOS 80'S.
PUEDO ENTENDER QUE FUERA DEBIDO A QUE ALGUNO DE SUS COMPONENTES YA NO SE PODÍA UTILIZAR EN SU MOMENTO. BIEN.
PERO SEÑOR ARMANI: ES NECESARIO ABURRIRNOS CON EL CONSTANTE LANZAMIENTO DE FRAGANCIAS QUE HUELEN TODAS IGUAL, ES DECIR 'A NADA'??????

zoetegoed
zoetegoed

And I love it too!
I am wearing it now, i have some left although the smell is changing after all these years.
But it still is warm, soft, feminine and I wish it was availbale again.

Those people offering those bottles, that's old stash?
When did they stop the production?

Galya
Galya

I don't like it for some green oily old fashioned note ,but longlasting of this perfume is very notevole !

cisco
cisco

I would give up most of my 100 or so fragrances, to own gallons and gallons of the pricey rare beauty. It is simply divine.

WHY OH WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING THIS MAGIC ELIXIR????????

This one being so hard to get and soo expensive, try some members of the same family: leonard de leonard, weil de weil, lancetti suspense and the also hard to get azzaro original. Love this family!

guest_MARY JOSE
guest_MARY JOSE

QUISIERA COMPRAR LA FRAGANCIA ESTA

ARMANI FEMME BY ARMANI ESA FRAGANCIA SALIO EN EL AÑO 1982 MARACAIBO VENEZUELA

guest_newgirl78
guest_newgirl78

there's a little perfumery near my town where they still have a few bottles left, quite expensive though, 105 euro for a 50 ml eau de toilette spray, bought a couple though!

guest_SusiiQ
guest_SusiiQ

This was my 'signature' perfume - I loved it from when I first tried it at the age of 15 and used to wear it all the time. I was so disappointed when it was discontinued - I've never found anything I've liked as much as this. I still have a small amount of a 35ml EDT bottle left although it is beginning to deteriorate now. Wish they would bring it back again.

truffles
truffles

This was gorgeous. Grassy and fresh, I always felt there was an orange-type note in there although it's not listed as far as I can see. I found it especially nice when worn on a cold day, when a crisp waft could be detected when air hit skin. It is obviously remembered by many and highly sought after today with old bottles appearing on the net for £150 and more. Armani, PLEASE BRING IT BAAAAACK!!!!
UPDATE: I have now emailed Armani with a link to this page to say they should bring this perfume back!
UPDATE: Thanks so much to Galya who has sent me a mini of this.
It is a masterpiece, I love it as much as I did when I was 19 as the 80s turned to the 90s.
If anyone chances to buy the £150 sealed bottles apparently available please let me know if they are genuine and in good shape!

guest_Esther
guest_Esther

This was the very first scent I bought with my first pay. Never could find anything like it. The best ever, nothing new can match it. Trying to find it everywhere.

This perfume was the best perfume armani ever produced for women.I wish they would bring it back .ther was nothing like it.all new perfumes smell synthetic

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

One of the very first perfumes I bought as a teen and I loved it. Stylish, gorgeous scent, I wish Giorgio Armani would bring it back on the shelf, it was truly a fantastic oriental, modern fragrance.

sunloving_gal
sunloving_gal

I still have some left!! The orginal perfume and some eau da Perfume and a very little eau de toilette. It really is a beautiful perfume.

Sarah

Superman9
Superman9

Agree with soirdelune. I just love this perfume.

soirdelune
soirdelune

This was a gorgeous scent, one of the defining fragrances of the Eighties for me. Could never understand why this gem was discontinued -- it was a beautiful, feminine partner to Armani's original fragrance for men. It also had a loyal following among ladies of my acquaintance. I'd love to smell this again! A stylish scent.

Armani by Giorgio Armani 4.28 out of 5 based on 146 ratings and 47 user reviews

Emporio Remix by Giorgio Armani for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Emporio Remix by Giorgio Armani for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
EMPORIO ARMANI for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
EMPORIO ARMANI for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
Emporio Armani Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Emporio Armani by Giorgio Armani TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
EMPORIO ARMANI for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
Emporio Armani by Giorgio Armani for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Emporio Armani by Giorgio Armani for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Acqua di Gi pour Homme Eau de Toilette 1 oz.
Acqua di Gi pour Homme Eau de Toilette 1 oz.
Acqua di Gi pour Homme Eau de Toilette 1 oz. 1 oz
Mania Perfume by Giorgio Armani - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Mania Perfume by Giorgio Armani - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
EMPORIO ARMANI for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
EMPORIO ARMANI for WOMEN by Giorgio Armani EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.