Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Armani Code Giorgio Armani for men

leather
tobacco
Armani Code Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Armani Code Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Armani Code Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Armani Code Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Armani Code by Giorgio Armani is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Armani Code was launched in 2004. Armani Code was created by Antoine Lie, Antoine Maisondieu and Clement Gavarry. Top notes are bergamot and lemon; middle notes are star anise, olive blossom and guaiac wood; base notes are leather, tobacco and tonka bean. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Fragrance Of The Year Men`s Luxe 2006.

Bergamot Lemon

1000 Miglia
Bondage Temptation Hommes

Armani Code Fragrance Reviews

riffjim4069

I'm not a fan...it's an okay mediocre-scent, over-rated and over-priced IMO. However, I do love Armani Code Ultimate, which is a really nice fragrance; a much better choice of the two.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

It's decent enough and not offensive. Longevity is average at best same with silliage. But it's one of those overrated, over priced why bother even buying scents. Ive seen better from less expensive name brands. Don't get me wrong, i like it, it's just to mass produced and ordinary.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Decent opening of citrus, bergamot, spices, aldehydes, on vanillin and soft woods. General – and generic – sharp cleanness, that kind of contemporary cheap "elegance" you smell in gyms, offices, downtown bars... not stinky, but terribly dull.

kanak
kanak

I have had Code in my wardrobe for a long time. I must be on my 3rd or fourth Full bottle now and that statement there is a recommendation all by itself. A very sweet frag, starts off with citrus and guaiac wood to my nose and then it's pretty much leather and tonka all the way with some tobacco. My bottle is about 4 years old so I dont know if it's been reformulated since then but I get good projection for a couple of hours and then it settles down a bit but it's always there. Longevity is about 6-7 hours. It is without doubt one of the best night out frags and it's popularity is due to the fact that it is a very easy fragrance to like. I rocked this a lot when it first came out and I was in my late twenties and that is it's ideal age group. young but starting to grow up a little bit, sophistication creeping in but not to be taken too seriously! If you are in your teens or twenties and are reading this, stop reading and just go get it! You'll thank me later. And if you are in your 70's and want to rock the senior center, this will get the job done for you as well!! 8.5/10

Waleed Khalid
Waleed Khalid

Sillage is not impressive at all. I live in a very hot weather and this one last me barely for two hours max. The smell is nice but longevity sucks to be honest. Disappointing :-(

Madholm
Madholm

I like it, but was never really blown away by it. It's also not very good choice for hot/humid weather so I could never really spend much time with it in the cooler months (which are short for me). Seems somewhat popular and a solid choice with a fair share of compliments (in my experience), but it just isn't for me. It honestly feels a bit generic to me, but perhaps my nose isn't as finely tuned as more veteran sniffers.

ZackJSullivan
ZackJSullivan

Unique and classic. A really great blend of sharp citrus notes with softer leather and musky notes. I think this is a great everyday scent. It could also easily be played up to become a great scent for a classier event or a night out! A very sexy scent with a soft side as well!

ezeizat
ezeizat

Used to love it when I first discovered fragrances but now years later Im left feeling bored with it.. Average

riffjim4069

Well, it's nice enough scent, I suppose, but I'm always left feeling underwhelmed whenever I sample this at the local Macy's, etc. I want to like it--it's Armani Code after all--but to me it's just another generic cologne spray that leaves me wondering what all the fuss was about with this fragrance. "Meh!" pretty much sums up my thoughts and feelings about Armani Code. I've done a 180 degree turn on a handful of fragrances, but I've sampled AC enough times to know that my opinion will not change. Kudos to all those who love this one.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

First let me say that I adore this fragrance! It is definitely a show-stopper. However, I can see why the reviews are so wide ranging. I tried Armani Code for the first time a couple of days ago (thanks to a wonderful Fragrance Fairy who sent me my first exposure to it). I was knocked out by how incredible it smelled - I would have happily doused my entire body in it! Drenched everything around me! It was powerful, sexy, leathery, smokin' hot perfume! The silage was strong, it lasted for hours! I felt incredible! I was awesome wearing it!

Then, I decided to wear it again today . . . and it smells very good, but it is just a whisper of that first experience. The silage has backed down, it only lasted a short while, and it was nice . . . but not incredible.

Obviously body chemistry plays a role in how this particular perfume reacts on you. When I first tried it, I was relaxed and upbeat. Today I am tired and stressed. It surprised me that such a powerful scent would change, but chemistry and physical reaction are scientific realities. Now I know to reserve this for the times I feel amazing - it will amp up the feeling! If you didn't have the WOW experience - try it out on a good day!

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Dang it!!!!! I just got a free 2.5 oz bottle of this at the mall. I was so excited. I first sampled this last year and wanted it ever since. Now I have it....BUT!
It smells like body odor on me???!!!!??? I'm not kidding! I wore it last night and I spelled body odor. I was fresh outta the shower and had moisturizer my entire body afterwards with baby oil and lotion. I had put on anti perspiring and everything. I didn't think much of it so I just put on more anti perspiring and left the house. Then tonight I put on Code for the second time fully dressed this time and smelled my wrist. I got that body odor stench again.
That's very disappointing for me. I shoulda asked for something else.
On other ppl though it can be a lovely fragrance. I guess it just doesn't like MY chemistry.

arenee92
arenee92

The opening is whatever, I'm not even gonna talk about that. It's the dry down. Holy, wow. I have never smelled something so sexy. Scent is a huge make it or break it thing to me when it comes to a guy. When I first started dating my boyfriend, I noticed his cologne smelled wonderful, and asked him what it was. It was this.

It's unlike any cologne I've ever smelled before. It's deep, it's sexy, it's masculine. It's warm, mysterious. This is not a cologne for little boys, it's a cologne for men. If I'm out and about, and anywhere near cologne, I'll spray this on a tester card (or myself) just so I can smell it. It's that good. It's not heavy, but it isn't soapy, yet it isn't suffocating, cloying, or too smoky. It's just really, really sexy.

Good job, Armani, I'm addicted (my boyfriend doesn't mind, at least)

mcaldow
mcaldow

The first time I smelt this, I immediately realised that this smells nearly identical to a cheap playboy fragrance that I have smelled before (the Hollywood one I believe). To me, this isn't any better than a cheap fragrance you can pick up for about $10 at a discount pharmacy. Not worth it.

bobosan336
bobosan336

I find it impossible to distinguish the notes other than a contribution of leather and tobacco. Fantastic modern blend. Masculine. Versatile. Great signature fragrance. Great for work, great for going out, great for casual wear. Gets compliments. Unfortunatly it does not last or project after an hour. I was hoping for a strong flanker but those do not have the same scent.

CocoMademoiselle6
CocoMademoiselle6

.....very sexy.....

andronicos

I agree that this perfume is worn by many guys (or it used to be, at least here in Cyprus), but not as 1 Million which is, literally, everywhere! That's why I never wear 1 Million, but Armani Code is my first (and favourite) perfume!

toto453
toto453

A really good scent, but nor for me. Not dry scent enough. However, cardamon work very fine in it and as I like mint notes, that fits well for me.
Prefer it to night out. Here in France it is a too knwon fragrance, as for 1 million, that why I don't wear it longer.

kenney77

Very sexy one of the best out there by far guys go out and get this you won't be sorry

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

To me this one is nothing special. Not necessarily bad, but unremarkable and generic. Like a dove soap bar.
Totally overrated from my pov. It feels like the creators of this fragrance were afraid to experiment

khaledistic
khaledistic

Nice scent
But, i hate when i know many people use this frag... Smell it everywhere...

devdev12
devdev12

I love love love this fragrance! It is edgy, seductive, sexy...so I had to get it for my boyfriend. I love it so much that I sometimes layer it with Armani Code for women for a little extra umf :)

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Beautiful!! very beautiful parfum... I buy it in the winter :)is special, very hot, intense .. last very long!

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

I actually believed Armani code was a 90's fragrance all this time... Still a legend none the less, classy / distinctive

2004-2014 marks it's 10th year in the fragrance world.. A decade old, just beautiful

Now someone can pass it to their kids :)

estewart51
estewart51

LOVE Armani Code. Intense bergamot & vanilla opening with a calm dry down to a much 'greener' smell yet still remains sweet throughout. The longevity and sillage isn't great as previously stated, but this is so easy on the nose it's impossible not to like.

9.5/10

liav24
liav24

i must say it took me some time to get used to it.
maybe because is used in the summer - so the scent was a bit harsh on me, but now i used it in the cold seasons, it smells really good.
or maybe my nose just got better :)

reccomend it -
heavy sweet smell, spicey a bit.
great for the winter!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

my favourite perfume on a man by far! SIMPLY THE BEST

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

Love the smell, hate the quality.
So I got Midnight in Paris (EDP)
so I now have the same smell, quality, sillage, AND the longevity
I searched for:)

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

The scent is excellent, but the longevity and silliage are very weak. After day 2, I couldn't detect I was wearing anything after an hour. I really don't want to have to reapply during the day.

bebe3003
bebe3003

A friend wares this and it smells very nice, he does say it wares off towards the end of the day. I love the warmth of it! But more a fall/winter smell

mrmyers22
mrmyers22

God,
Perfect.
I didn't realize how much I loved this stuff until I saw that my bottle was almost empty. I NEVER run out of fragrances! This is for sure my signature scent for the winter and Fall. Beautiful. Longevity is also amazing!

summerdreamer
summerdreamer

The Code's top note is fairly strong and I thought at first this perfume should be suitable for young men. Then the middle note and base note are impressive. A scent of warm leather and smoke brings me to an impression of a calm and reliable gentleman. I really want this fragrance on my body at every party.

jochris
jochris

if you love dsquared he wood lines you will absolutely love this perfume (wood,citrus,powder) try it....

Redbeard
Redbeard

Smelling this again for the first time in years, I seem to remember it being better. It opens with a vague powdery wood like Burberry Brit, but it's spicier and less floral. There's a little bit of anise, but I can deal with it (for now), and just a bit of fruit hiding in the background. The suspense is agonizing: I'm waiting for something to happen, but I'm afraid this quiet scent is just going to keep getting quieter. It does get more rubbery, though, like you added a dash of Bulgari Black to a mix of Dunhill 2003 and Azzaro. The base smooths out a bit, losing some of the fruity and powdery edge but at the expense of most of its distinguishing features. In the end, all that's left is the standard sweet licorice-powder and fruity shampoo-wood that a lot of men's designer orientals devolve into these days. Still, I might consider it as an alternative to the similar scent but mind-melting strength of Opium PH.

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

This was my first bottle in what is now becoming a larger collection. It is also kind of a guilty pleasure. I know that the quality is not there, I know that the price point is at least 20% more than it should be.. and yet I am on to my second bottle immediately after my first was gone. I think this is due to the fact that, regardless of any issues I see in the cologne, women just seem to enjoy it. I get a massive hit of citrusy lemon right off the bat before the spices begin to come through. Form there, the sweetness within the tonka bean comes out and layers well with the woody feel you get as the heart meets the base. For projection and longevity I get moderate results. The projection itself is moderate and becomes more of a close quarters scent within a few hours. As for the total time frame, sometimes I can manage 6-8 hours but other times I fall flat around 4. What I have noted with this cologne, however, is that I struggle to smell it on me 4 hours in but others have noted that it remains beyond this (sometimes WELL beyond that mark). While this is primarily a cooler weather cologne, the citrus notes, combined with the fact that it doesn't have monster projection and is very inoffensive, lend this cologne a bit of versatility. Whilst I wouldn't wear it in 40+ (110 Fahrenheit for the Yanks), I could easily see this as being a signature scent in the fall, winter, spring and the cooler summer days.

Overall, this is a fairly typical designer scent. It is safe, feels somewhat common and doesn't offer a whole lot to the genre of woody orientals. It does have a kind of sexy feel to it though and women seem to love this. My girlfriend does, at least. She has requested not only that I wear it when around her but also so much so that she has her own bottle just to smell and remember. For that reason alone, I will always have this cologne. That, in a nut shell, is what I would use this fragrance for. If you are already in a relationship and want something that your girlfriend will want to smell on your skin during intimate settings, try this one. If you're looking to go out as a single man and grab attention, there are better options.

Longevity? Average. Roughly 6 hours.
Sillage? Again average though I seem to find it falling off within a few hours.
Occasion? As mentioned above, if I was single and looking to impress, I would probably search for a more 'out there' scent with better performance. However, if you already have a partner and are looking to find something she may enjoy, I would certainly consider this.

Rating: 7/10. Price point combined with average performance drag the rating down. Overall, this seems to garner positive reactions from the opposite sex and that is never a bad result when wearing any cologne

yasinelsarraj
yasinelsarraj

this one smells unique but everybody has it

RobbieX
RobbieX

Tried it and immediately thought "well over-rated" Unremarkable in my opinion and not for me.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

One of the few 21st century fragrances to draw heavily from the 1970's in inspiration yet find tremendous commercial success with leather and tobacco as prominent actors in the production. Armani Code is one of the monster department store sellers for Christmas and winter in North America, winning many a woman over with its creamy tonka, fluffy olive blossom and mix of leather and boozy, smoky anise. Armani Code reversed a popular trend
towards aromatics and brought back the oriental spicy to mainstream attention.
At the time of release there were not a lot of scents like Armani Code that dared to be so oriental and creamy and yet perfectly suitable for formal wear and marketed with more elegance than it probably deserved. What followed after Code's initial success was a rush of products on the market, almost a deluge; diluting the impact of Armani's Code on later wearers of the fragrance who see it as just one of several to choose from in the oriental spicy cadre.
Still a solid cologne by any stretch of the imagination, Armani Code is an extremely balanced, sexy and flirtatious wear perfect for winter and fall and best left for evening wear. Sure, the package implies formality in its conception, but this isn't really that formal of a scent when judging by scent alone and certainly doesn't leave room for a lot of originality if you intend to wear it as such.
Armani Code is bubbly soda fountain cream soda with a slice of lemon and some anise thrown in for dark licorice flavor while you lounge in a local pub with a freshly purchased leather coat on. It's not groundbreaking, it doesn't perform outstandingly beyond 6-8 hours and rule of thumb seems to be very moderate projection. Still, it's worth buying to have as an option for winter and is very pleasing and warming. It should be kept as a once-in-awhile fragrance, as its linear nature and powdery core, despite being rather reserved, is too much to handle for more than few days consecutively. It's an interesting mix that could have been overwhelming but was blended in such a way as to make it less imposing and far more versatile compared to many oriental spicys. This one could even be pulled off at work. It isn't as great as some would like us to believe, but neither is it even close to being anything less than good! Overall: 8.0

Casper112
Casper112

Armani Code for gentlemen, NOT for boys!

I personally don't enjoy the smell anymore due to past memories, however, it's an interesting, dark, very masculine and somehow mysterious scent. This is definitely for mature men who get dressed for a night out. I don't recommend having Armani Code as your signature night out scent because you might hate the smell after a few nights out, but it's a nice fragrance to wear occasionally.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

One of those fragrances that when you are new in the fragrances world and haven´t been clouded by the snobbery of the perfumists, you can´t do anything but like it when you try it. I mean, it´s so easy to like.

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

Gorgeous Spicy/Sweet fragrance.

I had it a few years ago, overused it and completely forgot about it, since when it came out the marketing campaign was so good that one of 10 was wearing Armani Code. It was too popular and overused.

Recently I got a small bottle of it and fell in love with it again.

It is a great citrus fragrance, slightly powdery, yet surprisingly fresh trough tonka bean aroma. It reminds me of Avon Suede Touch black, however this one is more powerful.

It is a strange fragrance, slightly fresh, but at the same time it reminds me of an old dusty book found somewhere in the book shelf, it is slightly intoxicating in the beginning.

Great Longevity, and above average silage.

I give it 8+/10 maybe 9 if I would not be a fan of more woody fragrances.

Overall go for it. It is one of the best designer fragrances our there. TAKE IT!

louisminaj
louisminaj

SEXY. That is the only word I can use to describe this fragrance! It is a very warm spicy smell, I dont personally get anything remotley Citrus in this scent, only the leather, tobacco and anise! I only use this for date night with my partner! It is a lovely smell. Only problem is that I dont feel it lasts! It does have a bit of projection, but nothing major! But it is still one of my favourite scents!

valeri0706
valeri0706

A truly great spicy fragrance. The scent is really good and a little bit sweet. The only issue for me is the projection and longevity. However, not long ago I received a compliment from my girlfriend's mother, while she was cooking, and that was nearly 7 hours after I had put it on. Usually, it lasts 4-5 hours on my skin. I guess it reacts differently with different people. I would recommend it for a date or a meeting.

LeBart

I had it, I liked it. The problem with this fragrance was that the sillage, projection and longevity were below average. It is pretty nice but not impressive.

thehighend

The review below, however funny, is not very accurate ; ) Nice leather, olive blossom and anise with a sweet tonka drydown.

bluedad
bluedad

i like this perfume but i don't use because there are many user in my country so this isn't unique

fdelval
fdelval

My signature scent. Weak sillage, longevity and proyection, but its dark yet citrusy smell can be worn all year round, day or night.

I fix its problems by layering with other louder dark citrusy fragrances or just by carrying a small decant with me and applying it every now and then.

For me, this a very misterious fragrance. I sometimes get some gasoline-like smell. Other times, even during the same wearing, I can smell sweet bursts. Maybe my skin chemistry works wonders with this one.

I have one winter coat which I always keep smelling like AC by spraying 1 or 2 spritz before using it. Its a good way to increase AC performance.

Ratings:
Sillage, projection, longevity: 6/10 on skin. 7/10 on clothes.
Smell: -9/10
Versatility: +9/10

Overall: I can't be partial enough to give this the rating it deserves due to its performance problems, so allow me to give it a biased +8/10

jp1990
jp1990

Not a bad scent, dark, mysterious and powdery. Pretty weak juice though which lets it down. IMO it doesnt develop much and stays the same throughout its life which again, is unfortunately not very long. I have it in my collection but I wouldn't bother getting another bottle.

thehighend

Armani Code has been part of my collection for years. Unlike other leather fragrances, Code succeeds at being "sexy" without being offensive or loud, its dark yet fresh & spicy, and its sweet yet decisively "manly". The anise and olive blossom give Code a nice distinctive touch and the tonka drydown is always pleasant. Its a very well-liked evening fragrance suitable year-round. Very versatile and receives plenty of compliments. Is it popular? Yes, extremely, but for a reason.

dmirror

Code is a nice fragrance good for cooler weather it's got that nice woody vanilla smell to it it's not too sweet though it still smells like a mens scent I've been wearing this for a few years now it gets complimented every now and then but like another reviewer posted theirs a lot of different knock offs out like bod man black they make a good imitation of this any how it's still a nice fragrance best way to get good longevity out of code is to layer it with the deodorant and aftershave balm the best out of code is the summer versions and close the sport version the ultimate smells too close to the original so i didn't buy that one overall i'll give the original code 7/10 but like i said the summer and sport versions are a little better

LeBart

I agree with people who rated this scent as "generic". I had it, it's nice, but nothing special. Everything considering this fragrance is somehow - average.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Crisp, refreshing, with a smattering of tobacco in the distance. Leather was noticeable but smelt rather synthetic to my nose. Could pass for a classy men fragrance. However, it also smells a bit generic since most male frags these days focus on this aquatic/tobacco/leathery genre.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Well it certainly is nice. Far too generic now and well known for me but it does seem to have the erm....."Code" to a woman`s kn****rs lol ;))

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

Love it. I want to buy it for my boyfriend. It's super sexy and manly.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I don't know what aspect of this fragrance really pleases people. All I get from this is a sweaty armpit odour. Am I missing something in this, or is that really the way Armani Code smells?

AnmolEnigma
AnmolEnigma

This scent is amazing. Highly recommended. Lots of compliments from ladies and men. I wouldn't say it smells citrus, but different people have different smells.

devynm
devynm

Last long with good projection. Nothing super special to my nose, I would not buy after testing. Smells good but "generic" for lack of a better word.

Nick M
Nick M

A young woman bought this for me because she said it smelled sexy. Armani has always impressed me with their distinctive and powerful scents so I was excited at first, but I just can't get past the powdery nature of this one (major dislike for me). I get a hint of the spiciness, but the citrus eludes me.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

Perfect for summer nights here in the Philippines. I love the combination of citrus and tonka bean(vanilla scent). Perfect for a rainy summer night here in the Philippines.

My overall rating is 7/10

CarmeloNY7
CarmeloNY7

Best Fragrance available for me.. True smell of excellent night..

crypticat
crypticat

2 words: Baby wipes
That's a showstopper for me.

A friend of mine has this and I can't say I've ever really noted him wearing it before...which says it all really.
Quite bland and very soft on my skin, I'm somebody who needs to apply a lot of a fragrance like this to be able to detect it.
That's not to say its not very nice sweet and citrusy. I can just about understand the comparisons with Zegna Intenso which I'm really keen on...it has the same clean classiness.
There's a great deal on this at the moment where you get shower gel, another extra a 100ml EDT, a 20ml spritzer and an Armani towel all for the price of the EDT with 10% off too....too good to miss I think.
The verdict is...gentle but nice.

Layzie
Layzie

The first few times I tested it, I didn't care for it. I thought it was unique but also nothing special. Now it has developed into one I really enjoy.

There is a citrusy opening that is gradually overtaken by a warm spice blended with light florals. Minutes later, tonka emerges to join the sweet, spicy, and floral party. The leather, woody, and tobacco notes are the supporting cast for this ensemble. I do like that the lemon and bergamot don't abscond but are never overpowering.

It's clean enough for the day and warm enough for the evening. Armani Code has great longevity and seems to appeal to most of the women I know!

alexander.cobabe
alexander.cobabe

This one smells nice but I just find it too boring.

TheJoshRatliff
TheJoshRatliff

Hands down, one of my favorite fragrances. Pricey yet very great fragrance.

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

I used it for a while. It was kinda sweet as long as I remember. I liked it back then. Not too special, it's good for "safe cologne" lovers.

warlockss
warlockss

tested this out at the shop , didnt like it didnt wow me , started off smelling very alcoholic then it morphed into a perfumised baby powder

ijoezel
ijoezel

SCRUMPTIOUS! i'm probably gonna elaborate on this soon and update my review. but FREAKING SCRUMPTIOUS is the perfect word for this bad boy!

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

The opening just smells like babypowder to me :/ Not so nice… But then it gets better. Sometimes it smells wonderful and sometimes it's too cloying. I wish it could make up its mind!

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

It´s a good fragance with nite personality and design as well, but unfortunately became so popular lately that many people wear it! Nice pleasant vanilla smell with some tobacco and mint bit of freshness, Armani Code could be perfect for evening and cold weather! Finally, it is really similar to Black Sun by Daly but nicer and more expensive too!!

pbpayroll7
pbpayroll7

I think this is only appropriate for night wear. It's extremely heavy.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Grown & sexy only..it reminds me of toned down la nuit de l'homme.. i received a compliment from a male and female ..this will be amazing in the colder months or nights..if your on a budget? a cheaper alternative is Bod Man "Black" (black spray bottle) ... smells very similar...

Jeanks1
Jeanks1

Synryo, colognes don't smell the same at all!! I know cuz I have about 30 of them and each of them smell completely different. Nice try though.

ANYWAYS this fragrance is GREAT! lol

Synryo
Synryo

I had a boyfriend that wore this, and it made me want to eat him. Not in a gourmand way, just in a 'god, you smell incredibly sexy' way. Normally I don't even really care for colognes, most of them seem to smell the same these days. But there is something so intriguing about this one and I couldn't get enough of it.

It brings to mind a sophisticated but mysterious man with a bit of a hidden dark side and lots of charm. Maybe I'm biased because that's what my man was like, but it did seem to suit him perfectly!

As a woman, I highly recommend this for men.

Oh.. and as a side note, I hate the smell of cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, etc. But it was so beautifully blended in the cologne that I didn't even know it was in there until I read it on the note lineup. If it's there, it's unrecognizable as such and merely lends a subtle, enticingly darker quality to the fragrance.

edit: Sorry, bad choice of words there. Colognes don't smell the same, it's just that hardly any of them really stand out or 'wow' me.

bave.khalil
bave.khalil

its a masterpiece, one of my favorite 11 / 10

Marcos Oliveira

esse Code é maravilhoso...doce , citrico e amadeirado com a nota de tabaco bem refinada , sedutor e elegante,bastante viril...é uma obra prima Armani.

taskalizer
taskalizer

Mindblowing! There's nothing on the market that comes close to this one.

MORFIA
MORFIA

One of my favorites, when I used male perfumes :)

rgabia
rgabia

i love the scent, however, the longevity needs to be improved.

ImGame
ImGame

Manly scent like smoking cigars while wearing leather jackets and hushed away by citrus and olive blossom to make this cologne loveable and noticeable. Complemented and made more fragrant with pick ups of star anise hits this cologne right out of the park. Reccomend this one wearing a button up or a suit on a night out.

Idlehands
Idlehands

Bought this when it first came out. Wore it for a while and got bored with it very quickly. Its not bad by any means, but its also not that great. Has a lot of notes which normally I like, but this makes my head hurt when wearing it.
A date night scent in my opinion. Beware, this one sits close to the skin.

pepe7111
pepe7111

Having an Armani perfume might be a chic, enviable thing ,but i reckon this stuff simply doesnt worth the price .
Folks try something less pretencious ,try Salvador Dali : Black Sun .
Its like a total replica

One big plus for Armani : is the flacon::)

kenney77

A truly masterpiece in my book

btaylor.014
btaylor.014

A dark but warm scent. Soft, intimate, and inviting.

denncita
denncita

Very citrus and dark. I can see a charismatic man wearing this on a night out and being the center of attention.

vsnrao36
vsnrao36

This is one of those perfumes that does not change much from the top note to heart to base note. I initially got this from an Armani gift pack that consisted 4 others from the house of Armani - Attitude, Aqua Di Gio, Armani Pour Homme & Diamond. I liked this one the best, though this 5 ml bottle was not a vaporizer.

A very sober and very adorable one. Sits close to the skin and somehow, grows on you as you wear more and more, day after day. Longevity is very decent while sillage is moderate,making it a perfect office fragrance. The tobacco that I get in the dry down is very elegant and I just love the combination with tonka bean and leather.

A very elegant, anytime, any weather perfume. Just love it!

gilbster46
gilbster46

This is a great fragrance.. i went to the mall a month ago and I tried this one.. at first i wasn't really amazed by it, but when it dried down, i was like WOW, and i did not stop sniffing my hand until i go to bed.. it last a long time too, even at night after i washed my hands, the scent is still there.. right now, i'm expecting for the bottle to come maybe this week..super excited!!

hogan00
hogan00

i've only sampled this fragrance, i don't own it. but it smells wonderful. not offensive at all. to me it smells fruity/spicy with a hint of aquatic notes. just a hint.

i need to spray some on and test for longevity, but based solely on smell it is great juice.

My lady,
Im here only for you.
-Doesn't scream, not loud, talk with a manner-

The reason why most ladies love Armani Code.
For perfumista, this is "common and simple"
For "normal nose" like me and many others this is great.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

este huele tan bien, es muy nocturno y seductor, se me hase un gran parecido a 212 sexy men y diamantes de armani, se q es muy del gusto de mujeres y poco usado tal ves pronto le de la oprtunidad.

alessio l
alessio l

Dear all,this is from five years my signature scent, what i can say?

It's great, very dark, subtle and not common fragrance, the opening has a talc-lemony smell that i love.

Yes, the projection it's not exceptional but a good fragrance not necessary must be Strong (like joop!).

Many girls love this fragrance- certainly it's not complimented like issey m.- but however i used to wear this fragrance just because it's perfect for me.

Fragrance 9
Projection/longevity 7
Overall smell 8.5

craquelure
craquelure

I tried spraying Armani Code in a breezy spring night for the first time (2013). The leather scent is prominent throughout its life but it is not that strong to make it too cloying due to its soft spicy and warm texture thanks to star anise and tobacco. Having a father that has been a chain-smoker in most of his life, I do not like the smell of cigars as if trying to overdose yourself with masculinity. Nevertheless, I commend Antoine Lie, Antoine Maisondieu and Clement Gavarry for this creation on how they make tobacco smells good despite my disgust to it. The initial notes of bergamot and lemon gives that refreshing and citrus vibe as it plays with the grassy feeling of olive blossom giving a tad sweetness and saltiness to it. I also like the powderiness of tonka bean that gives a comforting feeling to ladies and the mild tea-rose-like odour that gives sexiness to it.

In the end of night, I ask myself if I adore this scent. Sadly no. Longevity is good but its sillage and projection is poor which is only effective if you are looking for an intimate moments with your partner. It's sexiness won't shout out to the world or echoes like the song of LMFAO, I'm Sexy and I Know It. It is sexy but not intellectually romantic, suave but not elegant, juxtaposition of modern and classiness but lacks confidence. It is good but not great. Overall, I find it too safe, inoffensive and average. My rating for it is 5 out of 10 (10 as my highest), neither hate it nor like it. It is not a perfume that I can see myself in an Armani suit.

dmirror

Armani code good stuff women love it the first thing they notice is the warm vanilla scent thats what stands out the most but it some how still smells masculine you can smell the woody vibe a little and the citrus a little along with leather a tad bit its long lasting too 10-12 hours

ThisCharmingMan
ThisCharmingMan

My Signature Cologne
If you are in arms length of a woman wearing this I can gurantee you will get complimented, as they lean in closer to breathe you in. A very confident, sexy fragrance with great longevity and sillage. Maybe best kept for evening and dressy wear, this is my go to cologne for fall and winter. Every man should have this cologne in their lineup.

StinkOMatic
StinkOMatic

another over rated frag. tried this today and started a sneezing fit at the counter. even the lady said it wasnt a very pleasant smell. thumbs down

Marcos Oliveira

esse cheiro é coisa de louco !!! Code é um código para atrair e agradar as mulheres .

grehn
grehn

very good scent,pretty soft scent with much citrus in beginning and when dry down it smells much vanilla and leather i Think and most of the citrusnotes dissapear :), but the longevity is REALLY bad on my skin.

if i only rated the smell it should have been a 9 or something, so good scent, but bad longevity

ekmawloud
ekmawloud

very classy scent,it's sure for night time and i found it very similar to Carrera for men

Armani Code.
Okay, you are great stuff. My new fav.
You and Prada Infusion make me confuse.
Who's number one??

You and my other fav, Prada Infusion, has different character.
You're fresh sweet powdery gourmandish type. Prada Infusion fresh soapy clean fougere type.

I love both of you. You, Code n Infusion tell me and teach me and says "We're the champion"
And yes, my nose 100% agree.
And the fair result is, both of you is #1.
I mean, Infusion for day time scent, and you, Code, for night time.
Fair rite??

Back to Code.
This stuff is so smoottthhhhhh... subtle but stands out type. All my fav must be like this. Too loud make me feels like wear cologne for women. Skin scent not good too. I like a perfume with moderate sillage. Gentlemen. Smell of Code is pretty unique. Maybe lemonish at the opening a lil bit generic, but a hint of leather in base make it uncommon. Good job Armani. Most of cologne I have give me 8 hours longevity and this is good enough for me. The packaging nice too. Masculine, dark and mysterious. Really represent this stuff. And the best from Code is compliments factor. Today, I dont know why the ladies near me always give me smile!! And I get three compliments. In my tropical country, Indonesia, Code is wearable. This is sweet but not too sweet, still fresh.

10/10 from me.

Update:
This stuff really grow on me!
Now, on my skin I get about 10hours longevity and moderate to heavy projection. Maybe my body chemistry..
But I love it!!

Tried it.
First impression,
Fresh, powdery, sweet, subtle but stands out, and absolutely lady killer.

karim_eldeeb
karim_eldeeb

The best perfume you can ever wear, very sexy and seductive with the best scent ever, Very suitable for night and important meetings.
But, it's overpriced !!!

camposg

No doubt this is a monster scent, but! Does not last 1 hour on my skin. The performance for this overpriced bottle is b*******. BUY BLACK SUN it is a replica and a beast in performance. I have it n adore it.
P.s. best worn at night

harpist
harpist

The initial spray clearly showed the citrus top note- it actually almost smelled like clorox or some type of lemon bathroom cleaning scent. But after that it had more of a spicy and slightly powdery scent with the star anise, tobacco and guaiac wood. In the end there was also a floral note probably from the olive blossom. The dry down is very fresh and more on the sweet side.
It is sensuous in a calming way, except I can't say it is unique. It is interesting though, perhaps because it seems more feminine to me- but I would like to linger longer if my guy had this on. :D I think this would fit the bill for a day time scent for dates or at the office really, because it is clean and not offensive.
The silage arms length and this lasted about 4-5 hours on my skin.

aryo

I HOPE GIORGIO ARMANI MAKE EDP VERSION FOR THIS FRAGRANCE..
VERY SUPERB, AND THIS REALLY MY SIGNATURE SCENT.. MANY COMPLIMENT, MANY HUG (NO REASON) FROM GIRL, ALMOST PERFECT.. AND 9/10 OVERALL.. COZ OF LONGEVITY NOT STAY LONG LIKE PACO RABANNE 1M OR JPG LEMALE..
AND BE 9.8/10 IF I CAN HAVE EDP VERSION..

PLEASE GIORGIO ARMANI.. MAKE IT EDP VERSION FOR THIS FRAGRANCE..

hunk143
hunk143

Armani Code. One of the sexiest scents the perfume world has to offer.
Its so sweet, sexy and masculine.
You can't go wrong with this perfume.
Its just awesome.
The notes from the begining to the end are amazing.
The top and base notes are perfectly blended, there are no sharp notes that will sting you in your olfactary lobes. :D
I love the way it settles down.
I love this perfume and wear it almost thrice a week.
My Signature Scent. (:

Rating 10/10

Sillage: 8/10
Longetivity: 9/10
Uniqueness: 10/10
Bottle: 10/10

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Dull,bland,uninspired,a boring scent for boring people.The definition of average and "meh".Not bad but did i say BORING?

Overall Score:5/10

Sahm1985
Sahm1985

سلام
مطمئنا کار پر طرفداریه و همه میشناسنش ولی به نظر من اصلا حرفه ای و یا بهتره بگم در حد کمپانیه فوق العاده مطرح و با کلاس آرمانی که به شخصه عاشق سبک طراحی لباساشم ، نیست
خیلی شبیه کارای ارزون قیمت و پیش پا افتاده به نظرم میاد و موندگاری و پخش رایحه هم بد نیست به نظرم در کل 5 از 10 براش مناسبه

danielresendem

Brasileiros que não quiserem gastar mto, tem um perfume que chama Attractive, da "água de cheiro", que é praticamente igual ao armani code.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

If Aqua Di Gio is a legendary , then Armani Code is the next Legendary from GA, but maybe more winter.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I bought this one when it came out.. Twice.. And I Liked it.. But it got one problem many of the popular fragrances have: After a while you can smell it everywhere on every third guy that crosses your way.
So I did not bye it again.
I even haven´t recognized that they renamed it from Black Code to Code years ago (btw: why? Was it to dark? To occult? :D)

It is a good, manly, velvety scent, but too omnipresent on the streets, the bars, the clubs... at least for me.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I like this fragrance. For me this is the sexiest fragrance for men that I have come across by a good bit. it gives me the impression of a highly successful young guy wearing a really nice black suit but he is not arrogant or loud or attention seeking he is there mysterious and self confident.

Code opens up with a lemon citrus note but is more muted rather than the fresh burst you often get. The bergamont also gives me a hint of orange floral in their softening the opening down slightly. I do get some powder in the opening and a dirty dark vanilla type vibe which is really nice. After a few hours the fragrance becomes more complex, becomes richer, more powdery, mysterious and slightly sweeter.

Age 20+ occasion many but mainly formal or special
Projection moderate which is a good thing, longevity 8hours+ Black code and armani code are the same visit my site mrproductreview.com

mvhooper2

This is the ultimate formal scent for men imo. It smells like a mature guy going somewhere in a suit. I would never use this just casually though. I feel like id smell over dressed lol.

Greg1965
Greg1965

I have always loved this fragrance. It's "just" such a good smell. The funny thing is that you read all over the internet "best complimentary fragrances" etc and I hardly notice this one in the list.... (maybe because it's an older one [going on 10 yrs] .... I don't know) but in fact, despite all the (even more expensive and maybe higher rated perfumes) other ones I have worn, this one is the ONLY one I ever had complimetns about......

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A tatty lemon smell followed by some olive. In other words, you just had a lemonade and the bread dipped in olive oil at Romano's Macaroni Grill and you burped. I am not encouraged to buy this.

Second wearing: It goes on nice and is encouraging, but after a half hour or so it dries down to over-familiar aroma molecules. I have smelled this too often in other fragrances. What's more, I've never smelled this as a natural smell, which suggests I'm really smelling a synthetic, chemical scent. In other words, it doesn't smell like vanilla, or food, or spices, or leather or tobacco - it smells like a mass market fragrance.

Mirza
Mirza

This fragrance is a seductive fragrance . Cool ,warm ,dark ,masculine ,sexy ,and long lasting

aryo

This fragance has a character..
Elegance, sharp but silence..
Very suitable at the office.. many compliment received totally from a girl..
I really loovvee this armani code..

Very recomended

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

Pleasant but average in my opinion.

Murk123
Murk123

I have a 5ml bottle that I use as a splash on, and this is quite good I can see myself using this at parties or nights out. This scent will get you noticed because it has a soft spicy like smell which is not the type to send your head spinning. Not bad at all try it out you might like it.

lethal7
lethal7

I agree with a lot of comments that it smells like baby powder after the dry down, perhaps that's why people are saying it's such a 'smooth' scent. But it's an excellent scent nonetheless. A good date scent I must say.

tvdvampire
tvdvampire

This is the most amazing scent for man.

master_Shaiki
master_Shaiki

Perfume traditional despite its high price

Roge'
Roge'

Probably won't get any balloons for this comment haha but Armani Code smells exactly like Presidente by Emper(not in Fragrantica's database but it's in Basenotes). It's hard to say anything extremely bad about code other than the fact that it's a typical designer fragrance.

danielresendem

The purpose of this fragance is not party, dinners, events ... but moments of intimacy, like dating, sex or everything that involves close contact.

near the skin, nothing evasive and extremely comfortable.

The low projection coupled with the nature of the fragrance cause a cozy environment for two people.

dark fragrance
dark fragrance

this smell makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmm..a must add to any wardrobe.

rockets
rockets

Armani Code, hot, spicy and flowery: luxury radiates 360 degrees and a woodiness incredible ... marble, tapestries and frescoes as in an old building that still retains its former glory and you can never forget this extraordinary fragrance wafting better after the evening is something magical and surprising after opening unusual is a final crescendo and glowing ... do you remember a night on the bald Rimsky-Korsakov?
Evocative as that piece of symphonic music.
deserves

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

The code is to keep it simple, Armani does with this offering. Posh organic dry bergomot and lemon to start you off, quicly abridged by the aroma of fresh olive flowers with a leathery undertone. The base notes of guaia with tonka maintain simplicity yet afford a rounded luxury feel.
This fragrance has grown on me, though not a top shelf item in my opinion it is worth having as a neutral fragrance for those times when it is difficult to make a choice between day or evening scents.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

I only just smelled it on someone today and asked him what he was wearing...after work i went straight to a perfume store to sample...and half an hour later i ordered a 125 ml at fragrancedirect...4 hours later i'm still sniffing my arm (where the lady sprayed this nice scent)...it's perhaps simple with little evolution but i...just...can't...stop...sniffing !!
It's smooth, soft, sensual....addictive !!!
I love it !

trickykid300

No difference between code and black code.its first name is "black code" but people from USA can think wrong about "black" word.the word "BLACK" can remind "racism"to people mind,therefore the Armani designers changed its name.now the name is "code"

(i have read code an black code diference, months ago in a perfume website)

trickykid300

is there any difference between black code vs code? when others talk about code they say it has apple and lavender notes in it. but i cant find a page for jsut code on here.

bcire3k
bcire3k

Ok, when reading this, take it with a grain of salt. I am VERY picky with colognes, not that I'm particularly high maintenance, I hate some expensive colognes and some cheap ones. I'm just picky.

Anyway, I don't like this one too much. The start is boring, like clay or makeup. The dry down isn't bad though. Smells flowery with a bit of citrus. Not bad, but you can do better for that price.

dvd stevi
dvd stevi

this is my bro's favorite parfume

asheble93
asheble93

Code is definitely a much heavier scent; which should only be framed in colder weather. The opening is where you pick up alot of the spice/aroma.
The dry down is where much of the complexity occurs: it mellows down to a richer, sweeter scent, with vanilla and tobacco, and finishes with that final base note of tonka bean, which permeates the entire cycle of the scent; giving it added dimension.
The projection is moderate, but sillage is amazing, easily lasting 12+ hours.
7.0/10

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

This is my husband's perfume and I'm just all over him when he wears it. Loveeee it !

Anatolian_Swarthy

someone has put Armani attitude extreme upside which is like A. Code .But it s not like A.A.Extreme,b.coz Extreme is very dark,heavy and not good.Code is in sugar,balmy and calm.

aryo

really sexy, warm and calm smells and i bet girl would wasting her time in the guy who used it.. the first impression of fresh bergamot make an intro to raise men confident, and then its like fancy smells of luxurious leather produce charming hormones near the girl..
watchout.. the girl will pounce u and enjoy every second with the men used this armani code..

elvitria
elvitria

it's my husband perfume, and always succeed to make me feel good.. (turned on, i mean). that's it. :))

itachi
itachi

it doesnt smell good
it doesnt project
it isn't worth the money
only thing you get is the bottle and the name

i dont like this one

RickS1169
RickS1169

I get lemon in the opening with vanilla/tonka in the dry down. It's sexy for sure.

Tenko
Tenko

really fits well on black. Makes you wanna buy more black clothes.

LJUBsify
LJUBsify

When I wear this, it reminds me of walking into an old church in France. Don't ask why, but I really love the feeling this gives off.

Prehistoric_Nudist
Prehistoric_Nudist

a good date cologne.

AbBlue..

Yes,there is no cacao,chocalate notes the list above,but we can feel cacao and chocolate,chocalate much more.
You right..

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Please don't hate me for saying this but I absolutely hate this still, synthetic, nasty, podwery, sweet awful stuff. I don;t get the 'classy' comments, for classy visit Chanel or Guerlain counters. This is awful. 2/10

KeithScar
KeithScar

Armani Code is a sexy seductive fragrance that allures women in at all angles. Prefect for night time use or out on the town, shirt and tie event type of cologne. This is the real deal

mvc01230
mvc01230

Armani Code you give me game with the women! I bought my bottle two years ago and it has been my go to fragrance for two years. The smell of is fantastic, the projection is perfect, the longevity is just right. Use it at night time around women and you WILL get their attention. The only problem is due to its great success you will smell like other people. Armani, in my eyes is overpriced. At the end of the day I find myself coming back to it, I owe Armani Code many thank yous.

Overall 8/10

aminovich
aminovich

It's the best

Anatolian_Swarthy

and the best point of Armani code is base note.

Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it today,it s really nice but ,there is no caracteristic scent. it s like Givenchy play intense.Ultimate is not good like this code.i dont absolutely like ultimate.
if u like Ultimate ,use code. code is better.

kax
kax

Bought it few days back. it smells awesome, got lots of compliments for it, longevity is great, sillage is not that high but still is up to the mark, it has a classy vibe to it which is certainly attractive to women..................................................
But let me tell u......its not for boys, it is designed for men.

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

Wonderful smell! very warm, very sexy, good longevity. Here is a great cologne for guys who want a girl to love the way they smell and want to smell them in their bed. this is what I would label as a panty dropper. When a girl says "you smell so good!" during intercourse....well it must have really made its mark if shes willing to compliment you while having sex! I wouldn't say its a daily wear or a club night type. its too warm and sexy for daily wear. and your guy friends probably dont want to smell this on you either. as for clubs and bars, a night out into town ...etc its not loud enough, its too quiet and subtle in my opinion. it may seem a little on the flowery side but the base notes of leather and tobacco are sure to identify you as a man. 9/10

billybilly22
billybilly22

an excellent high quality perfume just as good as sport code.

Anatolian_Swarthy

i thank u migalex for ur precious comments,i will specially try Valentino pour homme but im not sure to find it in istanbul/Türkiye,and will try others
have a nice day

To Anatolian Swarthy:
As for coffee you have V pour homme from Valentino and Rochas Man. Although fragrantica does not list coffee amongst the notes of V, but rather cacao, it does smell to me very much of coffee. You also have A men, but this one smells at least as much of caramel as it does of coffee, and I thing more, actually. Lots of female fragrances do smell of chocolate though: Notorious, Incredible me, Desire me. Personally, I profoundly dislike these three scents. Ultrared does smell of coffee. And several fragrances which smell of caramel or praline do from my viewpoint have a coffee edge, like Angel. Angel is advertised as having cacao and other people do think it smells of chocolate, but what I detect in it is mostlly caramel, instead. From my viewpoint, for a coffee scent, you would be better off with V pour homme or Rochas Man. You should try them before you buy though, mostly V pour homme, because other people do not identify coffee scent in this fragrance, and make your own judgement. V does have good silage though.

Diogo maggini
Diogo maggini

Its a great perfum. One of my favorits. It begins with a fruit smell, that after some time turns into a great dark scent.

Smell - 10/10 - Amazing. Girls love it.

Sillage - 7/10

Longevity - 9/10 - In my skin, it lasts all day long.

Versatility - 8/10 - Its not just for cold nights.

Bottom line - Sorry for my poor english.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

From the first two seconds on my skin I detected bergamot, but just a faint smell. The dominants for me was the leather and tobacco. Oddly they are the base notes and shouldn't appear until hours later. But this is what this perfume smells on me. I like it but not incredibly in love with it!

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

absolutely magnificent. very well blend fragrance. the opening is fresh like citrus. the heart I smelled tabacco. and the drydown is powdery but in a good way. the sillage and longevity is monstrous.

AlaskaJack21
AlaskaJack21

Bought this cologne a few months ago, and it has been my go-to/"signature scent" ever since. It opens with a nice citrus smell, then eventually settles into a powdery floral smell with a hint of spice and leather.

I originally bought it thinking it would be a night time/date night smell, but I slowly discovered it worked as an anytime cologne for me. For me, it has moderate-to-heavy projection/sillage, and is quite long lasting. I've noticed the scent can last up to 8 hours on my wrists.

I've been complimented by several strangers while wearing it, and one lady wanted to buy it for her nephew. Overall, a very good cologne.

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

My father's signature. I love this smell!!!!!

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Ah, Code. People almost universally say, "mmm" when they smell it. Overworn, yes, just like ADG. But I will not let that skew my opinion of such a wonderfully rich and complex smell.

Opening: Woah. Lemon quickly makes a tasty opening to a bold variety of earthtones that jump out at your nose. Bright, but deep.

Sillage: Not overwhelming; very nice for an EDT with such a crisp citrus opening. Probably about 3-4 feet for the same number of hours depending on humidity and skin type.

Longevity: Quite good. Its on my clothes for a few days after a couple sprays. On my skin without moisturizer, 4-5 hours per application, I'd say.

Best for: Come on, its code, its like the duct tape of fragrances. Use it anywhere, anytime for anything, you'll get compliments.

Gripes: Overworn, and often oversprayed when it is worn. I hear "my boss smells like that", "my friend smells like that", "my ex smells like that", etc. Not unique anymore, sadly. Sometimes overshadows other good creations in the same genre simply because its Armani, also sad.

Overall: A classic, inspired creation. For the guy who's never worn cologne, there is nothing to fear here. Bold, deep and earthy. Your gf will like it, but she may say you smell like someone she knows :)

8.5/10

Bcshak
Bcshak

This frag was competing with DG the one for my suit&tie/tux cologne. Reading the reviews and looking at the notes, this seemed right for the job. I like tobacco and leather notes. However, after wearing it for a few days and comparing it to DG, I have to say I was disappointed. The smell is too reminiscent of emporio Armani from years ago.
It's a nice and masculine scent but too powdery and doesn't last or project well on my skin as much as DG. My spouse also feels that Code isn't as masculine as the one and not as strong. I really wanted to like this since the one received negative reviews for longevity and silage. But I only need a frag to last 4-5 hrs.
Overall it's a nice smell, and just not quite for my skin.

Jay88
Jay88

Some of the cheesiest marketing for fragrance ever! I cringe every-time I see the 'Ultimate Code of Seduction' adverts. (Christmas is coming so I will see it plenty more on TV)

That aside, the scent. It is a dark powdery citrus. Some of most potent notes are anise, lemon, and tonka. It is smooth, and yes it is sexy!

What I like about it:
- Girls love it and will compliment you
- It is pretty unique! I don't know many others that smell like this.
- It projects moderately - something I like in a fragrance as it makes it more wearable.
- It is versatile. Can be worn autumn, winter, and colder spring days and nights. Appropriate for casual and formal.
- Actually one of the frags that got me into scents. It was like nothing else I had smelt before.

What I don't like about it:
- Can get very cloying if not applied correctly
- Smells a little bit slutty!
- Very common bestseller - People will recognize what you have on - If that doesn't bother you then that's cool, but I see it as a negative.
- Occasionally, this scent reacts horribly with my skin, it literally has a sickly curry vibe. Not many other scents do this on me, only code.
- On the expensive side of designer, it is good quality, but there are better designer scents out there for the price.

To sum up, I would give this 3 stars (from 5). It should be safe for most people. It will get positive attention. So overall good, but I wouldn't personally buy it again.

aucffan1
aucffan1

Between Paco Rabbane 1 Million and Armani Code...

If you want longevity its got to be Paco Rabbane 1 Million.. I think Armani Code is a bit classier of a scent.. But Paco Rabbane 1 Million is a work horse..

Either one is a truly beautiful cologne and you can not lose in your decision..

@ehabfathymoh

Armani Code Ultimate

ITS EXACTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TWO, WHICH IS WHY MOST PEOPLE HATE IT.

GIVE IT A SMELL YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

ehabfathymoh
ehabfathymoh

I have to try between Paco Rabbane 1 Million and Armani Code...any recommendations ?

Kdu
Kdu

Very seductive ... that for you to go out with his girlfriend

royal112
royal112

This is the power hitter in my lineup! never fails to turn heads and is suitable for fall, winter or a long night out. If this scent suits your personal chemistry then go for it, you will not be disappointed!

andres0491
andres0491

I found my signature fragrance!
I have been trying a lot of fragrances lately from friends and testers, and I do not like those flowery colognes they are comming up with now, or the ones which are too citric (i.e L'eau d Issey and Channel Allure Sport in MY opinion) because they make me want to vomit xD. The first time I tried Armani Code, I did not really like it because I sprayed it on a piece of paper and did not really give it a chance, I remember I went to the store with the idea of buying Le Male or something like that (IM GLAD I DIDNT), but then I went backm decided to spray some top fragrances on my skin, including Code, and I fell in love with Code, the woodyness, the powdery yet still manly (perfect combination in MY opinion) and how it dries down to a more sweet smell, it would be the perfect cologne if it wasn't becasue of some Projection issues. On me it lasts like 7 hours close to the skin, and it projects strong around me for like the first 2 hours maybe. Still best fragrance I have owned ! Totally recommended! Go test it out!

camposg

i cant believe how similar black sun and armani code are. 99% i would say except! Black sun projects and keeps projecting for $20!!! 1/3 of the price of code. I get vanilla and balmy wih this one idk where they get citrus

dmhorton
dmhorton

You either love this cologne....or you have a problem. Its elegant, refined, sophisticated, pretty much its liquid cool for your nostrils. Its a scent that i would deem as a more formal scent but you can have a lot of fun wearing this in everyday attire as well. It projects moderately and those who are lucky enough to smell you in this are going to give you compliments about it. I would say no more than 4 sprays will do the trick with this one. Without question it is a necessity in any serious collectors arsenal.

Dr_Spazmo

Armani code. Oh boy aren't you competing for my signature scent. This scent is outstanding. It smells so nice so clean and so sophisticated. People only recommend this for suit and tie but I don't care, i use it for school all the time and it never disappoints. The longevity is great. Projection is lacking but the first hour and a half is a great period. Scent is obviously amazing. I remember a time when I was coming back from the movies and someone smelled really bad so I kind of got nervous so I asked a trusted friend am i the one that smells and he said no you smell good. Armani does it again! even today I got a hug from one of my lady friends and she said I smelled nice. Armani code is definitely my signature scent now. Not only does it make me happy but it makes people around me happy as well. Very safe scent and can be a good blind buy.

Rating System
Longevity (8 out of 10) Goes between 8-10 hours

Projection (7 out of 10) Projects for first hour then dies down quite a bit but people can still detect.

Sillage (6 out of 10) Sillage also lacks and doesn't really leave scent trail

Compliments (9 out of 10) You are destined to get compliments when you wear this bad boy.

Versatility (9 out of 10) Not only formal by casual and could be worn by anyone from High School all the way up past 50.

Overall Smell (10 out of 10) Outstanding and works every time!

Final Rating (49 out of 60)

*Definite try, don't listen to those who say its only for older people wear what YOU want to wear.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

I'm picking up bergamont and lemon with leather all mixed together with sweet anise. Within the mix is also olive and tobacco adding to the notes but in the background to the dominant lemon,leather and anise combo.

It smells fresh and sweet and a little bit powdery and would be perfect for the evening or romantic nights out with your girlfriend.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

If you picture yourself as a well-made guy, who has always been successfull in all your endeavours, then you sure ought to be acknowledged. This here would make it possible for you.

Whether you're on a date, at office or at black tie functions..etc, this one would surely draw compliments and make you noticed. Surely not in a bad way.

Best to wear in the evening. Dont waste it on day wear.

Scent 10/10
Project 8/10 (Which is great!)
Compliments guaranteed!

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

ARMANI CODE IS A BEAST WHEN IT COMES WITH COMPLIMENTS FROM THE LADYS THIS IS IN MY OPINION THE BEST FROM THE ARMANI FRAGRANCES ITS PERFECT WITH A TUX OR ALL THE WAY TO SOME SHORTS AT THE BEACH,

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Very handsome businessman, dressed in expensive brand suit (maybe Armani), driving Aston Martin or Maybach, with Rolex watch on his hand and HUGE account in Swiss bank.
Rich Wealthy Moneybag bastard! It smells like him and I love it till death!!

dani_i89
dani_i89

Nothing special at all. All name and no substance. Plenty of other classier scents out there

Ganz77
Ganz77

Sweet and mild. With a powdery smell. Reminscent of Giorgio Valenti One O one. I'd offer it is a fragrance for night time. Not as much longevity for me as others seem to get. Overall it's a solid fragrance.

ammaking_0
ammaking_0

I bought this perfume for my dad ... he liked it very much and i think it is very suitable for men aged between 40 - 55 years old !

Neyzen
Neyzen

You will seduce.. if you can manage to rub your skin to the nose of a lady! (If you can literally manage that, I'm sure you won't need Armani to make you seductive)

This smell is the favorite of girls and I feel really comfortable while wearing this.. It gets a bit sour after 4-5 hours, but still delicious. Longevity is good, but unfortunately sillage is really very poor.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Remember this Cologne I have wear. It it's smell really great on me give this baby a try.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I'm a female, but this smelled so sexy on me. I could only imagine if it was on a man, it'd be an instant magnet. Sexual and enticing! The kind of scent that beckons you even when you try to resist. A spellbinder all the way.

I can't understand some of the complaints about AC. What is not to like??? Sometimes less is MORE. It's simple composition of notes allows you to appreciate it even more when it's not competing or fighting on your skin to settle. I'm crazy about tobacco & leather. AC just showed how simple and beautiful they can be when left virtually untouched by too many other notes...

Subtle, yet naturally sweet, then dark and a bit dirty. This is AC to me.

Wonderful indeed!

to Dellinger_Ddc:
thanks for your opinion, much appreciated and nice written. Will keep it in my mind :-)

Danyhella

any women around wearing this one? people say can be used as unisex.. what are the reactions? thanks

scottdickson
scottdickson

it smells like baby powder. =/

willfcw
willfcw

It is a good fragrance with some complexities inside, suitable for winter night. I do think this one is almost the best & outstanding one among all Armani's fragrances. But recently, I'm considering to shift from this one to "In The Mood For Love Man" by Gianfranco Ferre, which appears to me as more interesting, modern & feeling warm.

But don't get me wrong, Armani Code is definitely a "Buy" fragrance which you should not miss it!

walesman
walesman

Lasts for about 15 hours on clothes about 10 on my skin reminds me of diesel only the brave slightly it is different I do love it havent got much left very strong.

ursusmaritimus
ursusmaritimus

actually this perfume scent is quite remarkable
i think it is more of a night perfume but the maim problem is constancy . the perfume does not last enough on clothing which is a great disadvantage .

wchickillo
wchickillo

Ive worn this for many year and everytime i wear it, the tobacco not just jumps out at me. Im not sure if anyone else gets that but i like it a lot. Its sweet and last for quite awhile. Its a great fragrance for the money and would recommend to anyone looking for a elegant fragrance that isnt too heavy on the nose.

dromidreza
dromidreza

بویی معمولی وتکراری.خوشم نیومد.

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

have you ever tried Oriflame S8 Night?
spray these 2: one on ur left arm, one on the right. And you will recognize that it's 100% the same.

gabriel.acosta

I really love this fragrance, sweet and sexy.

enzyme1
enzyme1

This is a nice woody fragrance, I like it a lot. This reminds me of wood chips or a lumber yard. I would rate this as versatile, good projection and longevity with a good personality, which makes it a worthy addition to anyone's collection.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Yuck! If smelling like a potent cloud of baby-powder is your cup of tea, makes you feel manly, or harkens you back to a better, simpler time in your life, then this is the surely the scent for you. I have NO IDEA why this fragrance is so popular, nor would I ever desire to smell this way. This fragrance makes Le Male smell like nectar from heaven, and for those of you who love Code, I'm positive it also goes quite well with pacifiers, diapers, and rattles.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Armani Code is :
Elegant,soft,creamy,cozy and powdery and you can imagine a dark handsome man as a smooth operator in suit drinking his espresso in a lounge bar after a good lunch.
I like the blending of it but i lacks projection imo.
On the scale from 0 till 10 it projects 6 and for this kind of scent i would like them stronger.
All being said this is a very familiar and great scent to wear on evenings out or at a wedding in late summer - autumn settings.

Im curious to smell its cheaper version Salvador Dali Black Sun now. If its true that Black Sun has more projection i will more likely buy this instead of Armani Code which is very expensive here.

alexfragranceftw
alexfragranceftw

Very professional scent. I wear it when I put on my suits.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

I had a bottle back when it was still called "Black Code", it's a very nice dark & masculine scent, that's perfect for evenings (in fact, it's one of my favorites for those occasions). I wouldn't wear it as a daily scent.

Great projection and longevity, too.

vxgas
vxgas

It is one of the fragrances smells like Chinese medical oilment

nrp603
nrp603

Wow im impressed. Got this the other day and can't believe how long it lasts. I do one spray at 7am and i smell it all day long then when i hit the gym i can smell it so strong as if i just sprayed in the air in front of me. Its nice cause wont waste a bunch of spray in am hoping for it to last through day/night. Smells good to

Abstraction
Abstraction

This fragrance brings happiness to me. I do not know how. :)This is not my favorite because I do not like something sweet. It is a very good for traveling because it is a long lasting fragrance.

Migalex

It is very pleasant at the beginning, sweet and citric (orangeish). Anise develops later, still nicely, while the orangeish smell lasts, but I do not like the drydown - do not dislike it in particular, but find it dull and unappealing, mostly because of the tobacco scent, not very pronounced,but still there. The drydown is very weak anyway, and the scent has almost disappeared by then. I wish it had more depth and character, find it too light and shallow. I still think that Antoine Lie is one of the best creators of male perfumes, though. Staying power is very good and it does have good silage. As for that it is quite a remarkably good fragrance.

kostas37
kostas37

great fragrance..black/dark..masculine..amazing bottle..just a masterpiece.

Ahmed_dh90
Ahmed_dh90

i want to buy this one but i noted someone listed it's similar to 212 sexy is that true ? cuz i already have the last one

diyora_k
diyora_k

Armani Code is the perfume my man should wear!! it's amazing and sexy and yet "intelligent".

nattychins
nattychins

If you looking for seductive, provocative and sexy scent. This is the ONE!

Danyhella

Well, that's what I call a seduction. At the very first spray I thought like this is something like typical shower gel for men, but when it dried down a bit, it became very seductive, provocative and sexy scent. I don't really think this could be used as unisex, may be I'm wrong, not sure, but it's really masculine.

There's some smoky note and and the fragrance itself is quite sweet (reminds me bit of one of Paco Rabanne's perfumes that my friend uses - just can't remember the name). I can imagine it on both - young and a bit mature guy too. There's simply something for both of the generations in it.

To sum it up - that's how I imagine sexy scent that would catch my attention for sure.

cmoca
cmoca

It's a pretty good fragrance that lasts and lasts. It reminds me of more expensive colognes so this is very good for the price.

It smells sexy, definitely gets my attention when I smell it on someone else. It makes me want to tear their clothes off.. But maybe that's just me.

darrshanjvoraa

first of all its an overrated frag, the start is good but after that its hopeless and dosent last at all. useless waste of money.

bay224
bay224

I compare this to fierce, the only problem with it is popularity, women love this stuff, but the popularity will sway some of their opinions because their ex-boyfriend probably wore it. Just like fierce, this is a classic. I'm glad to own it and wear it, no matter the popularity of it.

yacoco
yacoco

sexy and powdery great also for club 9 of 10

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

It's nice enough.
Easy to wear, good compatibility with others men's cosmetic's scents (like barbasol or aftershave), can be worn all year long, but HOW HUMDRUM ! Good for people that doesn't want to smell something that can hurt senses of the others beings.

Longevity : medium
Originality : none
Wearability : very high indeed

stayclose
stayclose

Fun loving and flirtacious a night owl for sure.

Marcos Oliveira

top essa fragancia,um cheiro arrebatador...discreto,porem super marcante.impressiona a quem sente,o publico feminino adora sentir,modestia a parte,CODE é perfeito em minha opiniao.

Kain
Kain

This is a dark, masculine and sexy fragrance.
Most of the girls will die for this type of scent!lol
At the opening there is a pleasant note of lemon which is dark because of the tobacco and leather notes and also some sweetness. the tobacco and lemon is much more intense to my nose .
After that, in the drydown the smell change a bit and sweet and powdery smell comes in with tobacco and leather and some floral notes.
Be honest with you, the powdery smell is cloying sometimes and I do recommend that don't spray too much on your neck! I think It's better to do one spray on your chest, one on your neck and two on your wrists.
The projection with this fragrance is great but longevity sucks!
For the first 2 hours this fragrance jump off like crazy from my skin but after that become skin scent and after 3 hours it's gone! too pity!
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو و شيك مردانه كه براي جلب توجه ديگران خصوصا جنس مخالف بسيار مناسبه
با رايحه تاريك و نسبتا شيرين ليمو و تنباكو و چرم شروع ميشه. البته ليمو و تنباكو مشهود تر هستند
بعد از يه مدت بوش شيرين تر ميشه كه بعضي وقتا دل آدمو ميزنه
پيشنهاد ميكنم اطراف گردن زياد اسپري نكنين و بيشتر سعي كنين روي مچ دست ها اسپري كنين
پخش بوش خيلي خوبه اما ماندگاري كمي داره متاسفانه

sunrise79
sunrise79

What to say? This is my FAVORITE fragrance (neck to neck with J.P. Gaultier ''Le Male'' and Carolina Herrera ''212 Sexy Men''). It's an elegant, seductive, sexy and classy masculine scent, for any season, but rather for the night than for the daytime. Longetivity, and projection are great on this one (which is also one of the reasons why I like it, together with those 2 mentioned above). If you want to smell classy, sexy and masculine, buy this one. 10/10

mvhooper2

seductive,handsome, dark, clean, a bit powdery and woody. The first blast is a little jarring, and i've warmed up to the spice now as opposed to when i got it a few years ago. This would go great in late fall-early spring for a night out in either a suit, blazer or pea coat. PS this is definitely a lady killer lol, another cologne you will always hear a compliment on, although it is a bit "perfumey".

gabriel.acosta

It's a great scent, I recommend it

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Armani Code is a romantic masterpiece. I believe that Armani Code will stand the test of time as a great men's perfume and be considered a classic.

pure_dreamer

I don't know a better going out scent...

God Bless

andronicos

Armani Code is a very MASCULINE, very SEXY, and very SEDUCTIVE perfume. When you wear it you feel like you're the sexiest man on earth. It has great scent, longevity and projection. Difficult to define, impossible to resist.

SCENT:10/10
LONGEVITY:9/10
PROJECTION:9/10

andy
andy

it has a nice powdery light amount of spice and a fairly sweet youthful scent for a college age person but since I had this I have moved onto more complex and interesting scents so I put this in the middle when it comes to night time scents, but the guiiac wood, tobacco, leather and tonka bean give it a really nice base with great sillage

darrshanjvoraa

the opening 15 minutes r awesome but after one hour the fragrance losses its strength and falls flat on the ground, not at all worth the huge price u hav to pay for tis, ok now parallely try the joop jump and u will be surprised tat its quiet similar with great longevity. i cant understand the hype behind code.

ALaM
ALaM

Very sharp and nose burning at first sniff...but after a while it develops into a nice scent...but not unique enough for the price. I agree with the others that a woman can wear this as well. I had a sample and wore it (I'm a woman). I don't think I'd ever pay full price for this...but I liked the scent....eventually.

naheed
naheed

Agree with Dellinger that women can pull this off well. Armani Code starts off quite masculine and this is probably due to citrus in the opening. As it starts to settle, the citrus note gets sweet and light and mixes well with woody aromatic accord. I find this middle stage quite woody and has a very prominent note of star anise and lingers on the skin till dry down. There's a dry tobacco note in the dry-down which comes from the dust. On the whole, it's a woody aromatic scent and can be easily worn by women. Not ground breaking though but quite nice.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I received this as a present...twice. And gave it to someone else... both times. Very typical of Armani or Boss. These houses always seem to produce fragrances that are similar to my nose. Armani code is plain boring from ad to packaging to content. Sickening sweet with discordant metal and powdery feel. I don't dislike these elements in general it is just here that they turn into something so trivial and annoying. Come to think of it I think I have an aversion for anise. I have no idea how olive blossom smells like and I have an olive tree in front of my house. I wonder how all these people can detect it in the mess that Armani code is...

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

Starts off with Lemon, which is sweetened slightly by bergamot. There is no middle for me, only base notes which burn the nasal passages ( even with discretionary use). I don't care for this fragrance at all, but it has good longevity and projection. As several have stated, the ladies seem to like it. I have received several compliments with Black Code. Bottom line: too much oriental base note.

tsi

good smell but waste of money doesnt project its just a water and doesnt last not only on my skin olso others say the same

Marcos Oliveira

muito copiado,armani para noite ou para romantismo? usei no reveilon justamente para ser impactado pelo passeio que a namorada fez por meio corpo.fragancia espetacular,sem igual.rente a pele sendo discreto,porem marcante.fixa muito na minha pele,deixando um cheiro de chocolate delicioso.perfumaço

serafina777
serafina777

absolutely <3 men who smell like that

benjililin
benjililin

Love this fragrance, had so many compliments on it! I've read alot of reviews, and many people are saying that the longevity on this fragrance is poor. This is not true! Give it 1-2 hours to really kick in. The dry down is subtle, and sometimes it isnt. It's as if the colder the environment, the more silage power it has. This is a must buy!

Longevity - 9
Projection - 8
Smell - 10
Season best in - Fall/Winter
Overall - 9/10

andronicos

The ultimate code of seduction...

malmon
malmon

First had this when I was in high school (15 years old) and I still continue to buy this fragrance.

Starts with citrus notes with the bergamot and lemon. Kind of a bitter sweet citrus in my opinion. Shifting into a floral aroma with accents of citrus still there. Finishing with a powdery scent. This perfume is a really must try, very sexy,masculine, elegant and establishing.

I recommend this perfume for evening night-outs with friends, or even on a date. All I can think of when smelling this scent is passion, maturity and sensuality.

Longevity - 7/10
Sillage - 8/10
Scent - 9/10

just_sara
just_sara

This parfume has haunted me during my dating dayes. I seemed to attract men that liked this one.

When I sniff it at the shop. It is OK. Nothing fantastic. But somehow.. when men wear it im so turned off!!! Not sure if it was their body chemistry or what. I know the name, because I had to ask, what are is that???!! NEVER use it!

For me: Leather + Tabacco + Citrus???= ERROR
Gives me terrible headache too, super weird combo that just doenst work.

Costiellio25
Costiellio25

super peaceful and clean and classy smell I love it

thamberg
thamberg

For all the hype it receives, Code is still quite possibly UNDERrated. There really is nothing like it. Perfect for the cold weather and/or nighttime, I get amazing longevity with just a small amount (1 spray on each wrist). After 10 hours I can still easily notice its unique scent. Most importantly, its a huge hit with the ladies, as I've never received more compliments and "second-looks" with any other fragrance. Definitely lives up to its great reputation! A can't miss 10/10.

myudig
myudig

Definite compliment getter during night time! can cause u headache if over spray though

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A distinctive, masculine, sexy perfume which lacks in projection and longevity..

0-10 mins- It is hard to define which ingedients stand out as this is a blended complex scent. The only recognisable smell I can put to this is something which is not listed and I am probably way of the mark but that is a very light perfumed mixture of aniseed with even less violet. This is 99% the same as Dali Black Sun and 80% same as 212 sexy men. Though Code pre-dates them. It is less intense as Dali Sun though still very very nice

10 mins - 1.5 hours- Projection 1.5 foot. 10% different now than Dali Black Sun, it is like a diluted version of Dali

1.5 hours - 7 hours - Stays close to skin, little to no projection alas, becomes a little sour towards the end but still very nice and very masculine

Good but it needs much more projection

tsi

its romantic but not noticeable good for near distance or just to smell yourself not for to turn heads bcs its need to put your nose on your body to smell its very pricey for quality

Transapien
Transapien

To simplify things for people... Yes it has a nice smell but it only projects this faint/warm/fizzy/cream scent after no more than an hour. I really want to appreciate it just for the sweet scent but it's lack of determination frustrates me.

kaylaistattooed
kaylaistattooed

I LOVE THIS.
Whenever my boyfriend wears this scent it makes me want to purr, I've worn it a few times myself I am so enamored by the scent.

gasperk
gasperk

Tested this today and its nothing really special.

Longevity is nice. i got like 7 or more hours out of it.
Scent. nice, and light. 6/10. the longer you wear the better the smell gets.
Projection 7.5/10 , it wont go around too much, just enough i think.

Overall its a fine, cozy fragrance for a night out.
But if you look around you can find better ones.

bp
bp

Sexy, seductive, attractive, brand presence, irresistible, chic, modern, rich, young, charming... All in one perfume.
I recommend it.
Excellent.

anton007
anton007

This one is not one of my top scents. I actually like Armani Attitude way better than this one.

UrbanEnergy
UrbanEnergy

Armani Code smells awesome and different than anything else I've smelled. It's not as main stream and other Armani products and will get noticed a lot. I would wear this during winter since it's pretty strong and can cut through cold weather well. I would recommend this to guys that are over 20 and looking for a cologne to wear for a night out.

lorelei81
lorelei81

Wear it, if you want to seduce! I'm talking from experience (and I'm a woman!)When I met Him (talking about the fragrance:), in the next second I fall in love with Him.

MCLOVINa
MCLOVINa

it begins with the smell of bergamot and olive blossom and then the transition to the creamy tonka bean is wonderful...jus wished it had better longevity and projection

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Nice fragrance and i find it has a boozy citrus smell that i love . Unfortunately it also appeals to the masses so everyone has this one . I do like it on others just not myself .

I would not buy this one again :(

frogman
frogman

This is the best Armani perfume so far. Modern, classy and draw lots of attentions. If you can't decide what perfume to choose for a special night, I recommend this masterpiece.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

My husband does not wear any scents but I swear if he wore this I'd be attacking him a LOT!!! Armani Code for men is simply delightful! I like Code for women myself. :0)

soleroc
soleroc

I get a Dr. Pepper like smell. And the weird part is, that I really like it. LOL.

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

Dark, sexy, seductive. The perfect fragance for a night out. Very silky and smooth with a powedery spicy drydown. It lasts prett good! about 7-8 hours. Versality is kinda spotty since i find this a night out fragance. Seems innapropiate during the day...but thats just me.

Dugal
Dugal

I thought i would try this popular frag and I was so disappointed. Does not smell nice, projection is not and does not last long. I would not recommend it nor buy it again.

GiggsHammouri
GiggsHammouri

This is another amazing scent by Armani, as I am a big fan, but this one is just special, not comparable to any other. I recommend it for special occasions when you feel you need a confidence boost (Dates, Meetings, or even Parties) The Code is your man to pump you up.

P.S: I almost finished my second 100ml of the Code, absolute addiction!

Anup
Anup

I'm not so familiar with Armani, but the house itself HAS been impressing me as of late (aqua di gioia). This fragrance reminds me of something, but i just can't put my finger on it. It's reminiscent of LLAM, Hypnose homme and gucci by gucci yet in the same breath completely different.

This is a best seller? I would not have guessed, for it doesn't smell "trendy" or "seductive" to me. Even if this is wildly popular, it smells nice, so i really wouldn't mind smelling it everywhere i went. XD
If this were LLAM it would be the midnuit edition. If it were Hypnose Homme it would be called Dark Hypnose and if it were gucci by gucci it would be called Gucci by Gucci "good edition" :P

in the beginning one finds that there is a very "in your face" sort of olive accord paired with a dusting of licorice wood and powdery florals. Almost vanilla like, these accords work together to create something very smooth.
Towards the life of the scent on picked up on nuances of lemon, leather and again licorice wood/aniseed. Like a misty dark forest where the werewolves are only interested in one thing, sex.

I approve

Smell: 8
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 7.5

Uros
Uros

This is a lady killer. When you walk, you leave a long trace of nice smell. It last long and it is very unique. Not to wear for everyday, only in special occasions, and when you know that you will be surrounded by girls.

Sneddo
Sneddo

I love this scent, I wear it all year round. Mostly in Winter & when I'm going out at night.

Wildcard
Wildcard

I loved this scent from the moment I first smelled it and not long after that it became my favorite piece in my collection. Spicy and just short of fresh I like to call it coolness in a bottle. One night I wore it to the Disney Thanksgiving parade of lights downtown Chicago and the women standing next to me in the crowd kept sniffing me all night. One woman said it was the sexiest scent she had ever smelled on a man. If you are just starting to get into fragrances or your building a collection like me Armani code is a great choice.

duckhunt
duckhunt

This is a very popular scent here in the UK, especially among men aged 30-50, yet despite this I still rock it fairly regularly (I'm 26). Suitable for any age IMO, and a good one to wear on a dinner date or equivalent.

andronicos

Masculine, sexy, modern and seductive. This perfume is for the contemporary man who knows how to seduce a woman.

Dr_Spazmo

When i smelled acqua di gio by armani, i didnt really like it and decided not to purchase any armani if they continue to smell like cleaner. When i smelled this, i was blown away. It smells magnificent. Very dark and good for special occasions.

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

this fragrance is soooo overrated. it smells like everything elsde on the market , and what i cant stand is when the SA at freaking macys try to say this is the best selling fragrance blah blah ,, women go crazy over this blah..im like im gay first of all secondly women dont go crazy over this . and third it smells like so many others. Armani hasnt rocked since the 90"s early 00's . ill pass on this and the new Sport Version

wormred
wormred

I found that this smells fruity, but too sweet. Not as refreshing as Versace pour homme, or Armani di Gio.

oxm
oxm

Today, I want to talk about one of my favorite fragrances: Armani Code.
The first time I heard him (I must say that I bought it blindly) I left a good impression, too dark, dense, unfathomable ... then the next time I realized that I get their hands on a masterpiece, the 'rough opening in the heart of the citrus blends with star anise (this is coupled with a well-known fabulous olive flowers), the ground is warm and sensual with leather flowers and fragrance reminiscent of a little tobacco.As Minotaure by Paloma Picasso Armani Code, but is less pungent, almost ten hours later there are still hints on the skin, is an olfactory experience not to be missed for a fantastic kaleidoscope of notes ... the bottom layer is ...

My God is full of stars......

surkhail
surkhail

wanted it for a while just got it and i have to say it smells good but not AMAZING as all the hype says im 19 its definitely for older men but o well

Dylan_1
Dylan_1

All i can say it works great with the ladies.. i have been an h&m model since i was 18 and i am now 24 and everytime i wear this to photoshoots i have with girls i get compliment upon compliment...great buy!!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Wore this when it first launched (as a gift). Enjoyed wearing it but when finished I did not look to replenish.

Recently sampled Code and left with the same feeling. I really like it but I did not love it as much as I wanted to. That being said, it is quite good. Elegant, modern and (kinda) sexy but a bit linear.

The opening citrus notes are solid but moves on without delay and evolves into more of a smokey spicy scent.

Sillage good and longevity above average. I prefer this for evening wear.

Surprised by mentions of sticker shock. Don't believe that is the case. And, why no mentions of the bottle? Very modern, sexy and cool!

mrt2196
mrt2196

when i smell this, i get citrusy spicey masculain floral. shaving cream-ish? i guess not anything like rive gauche though

kitytize
kitytize

My husband had left one of those magazine samples opened on the bathroom counter. Every time I went in the bathroom I was in love with the smell. I ended up buying this for him for his birthday. I think it's the bergamot and leather I love so much. I can't help but want to snuggle him when he is wearing this!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

There should really be an Eau de Parfum to this. I developed a love for Armani Code, but it just seems like it's supposed to make some more noise. It's very masculine, but needs the volume turned up a notch. I'm not one to wear obnoxious fragrances, but I feel like I want more from Armani Code. Although Armani Attitude Extreme didn't jump off as well as it's original, Armani should put an Armani Code Extreme into existence. Many of us would appreciate it.

domurst
domurst

It is alright but that's it and I don't understand all the hype around this fragrance. It's pretty linear, synthetic and safe. Sillage and longevity are good but it's not a groundbraking scent at all. I much more prefer Dali Black Sun which is similar in terms of the scent itself, but has got some roughness to it that Code simply lacks of.

diana_d
diana_d

I find this scent so sexy on a guy, a bit mysterious to, not to overpowering like most men cologne, not to fresh or sweet(like YSL La Nuit de L'Homme which is all cinnamon super sweet, and not very men like, Prada for women is similar).I don't like the ad though, this is a smooth, warm fragrance, the image in the ads is anything but...

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Fresh semi-sweet powder
It also smells a little like honey to me
It is similar to Burberry Brit, but this is more thick and less sharp. I like both a lot, but I prefer Brit over this.

Kharnak
Kharnak

I WANT this... people keep jumping on it when they get a chance... It's VERY similar to YSL's La Nuit de L'Homme... it's dark, citrusy Musty male.. but Very sophisticated. I must say that Antoine Lie has this intuition for subtle alluring sexy nuances... it has an almost oily skin quality.... again, much like YSL.
Dry-Down lingers a sweet smooth Vanilla, similar to "Pi" by Givenchy.
YES, it does end up smelling like Anise RootBeer Dr.Pepper! that's the Tonka Bean, which Lingers for a LONG time after. Tonka Bean contains Coumarin, which has this strong Vanilla Cinnamon scent.
This is sexier than Aqua di Gio. this is for Night wear, lounging in leather sofa... unwinding.. couple a hot lovers in each arm.

parfumania
parfumania

armani code is a definite night fragrance. starts with an intense bergamot which smells like vanilla, but i think the effect of the scent does not take too long. it's a really sexy fragrance, however must be refreshed hourly.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Citrusy start then sweet creamy anise dry down,reminded me of something between le male ,lolita lempicka and fuel for life.
Very popular.
It's nice but there is thousands of similarity.
It doesn't worth an armani price,quality is below average.
Get a lot of compliment ,womens like it a lot.
Longevity 8-10 hours with good projection.
And dont be fooled by the nice black bottle and the guy in suit commercial,it's not formal at all.

Papi
Papi

Very nice (strong) and Elegant fragrance for evening use. +30 years old minimum.

mehrdad
mehrdad

کاری با دوام و خوشبو که رایحه ای شیرین و گرم دارد
مردانه
دوام مناسب
گرم و جذاب
کلاسیک
اسپایسی و وودی

Armani Code spray refillable eau de toiletteA new, elegant offering, perfectly shouldered rectangle for devotees. of Giorgio Armani fragrances.The ultimate in sophistication, these original and infinitely personal accessories seal the permanence of a long-term commitment for loyal admirers of these timeless scents. Satin midnight blue for Armani Code, the seductive, virile and voluptuous woody aromatic that opens out onto notes of olive flower, Gaiac wood and tonka bean.

به نقل از سایت جورجیا آرمنی

cloyd42
cloyd42

Well made with very good lemon, which is uncommon. Also uncommon the lemon persists without fading for a very long time. Beyond that: smells nice, pleasant but becomes anonymous because it smells like so many others. This seems like it was put together with the goal of no one disliking vs. creating art. I think Versace Versense comes closer to what this was supposed to do.
Sillage: 2-5 ft
Durability: 3-5 hours, nice persistence with lemon note
Fabulosity: no
Price to value ratio: mediocre to poor

teteuzinhu
teteuzinhu

a fragrance for night parties for sure. it lastforever on the clothes..

MRare
MRare

For a young guy, this is one of the most complimented fragrances I wear. Mainly I use it in the fall and winter, because it projects really well on me.
The citrus opening is typically gone within the first couple hours and the dry down has a very interesting blend, maybe due to the olive blossom...
Overall I would say a good fall fragrance for a young guy...

crossbow
crossbow

The first cologne I ever found that I actually loved to wear. Lasts all day and smells great.

vicini
vicini

i find it intoxicating, almost lasts throughout my day. I've also been complimented by the fashionable women at my work place.

jason.melbourne
jason.melbourne

i wear it to go work almost everyday

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Ok, this is nice. Sweet and musky floral scent. I've smelt it before somewhere so I wasn't impressed or surprised, but now I think of it, it's actually quite nice.
I find it very similar to One Million or YSL l'homme La Nuit, Ill have to test One million on my skin to decide which i like best.

Endymion
Endymion

It's an unsolved mystery to me how can such a generic, almost characterless slightly sweet boring oriental fragrance so immensely popular! Unbelievable!

knightlore

This fragrance is beautiful!

Renia

hey please no body say any bad thing about this perfume. i love it. seductive. just cn't get enough talking about it. :*

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is so dull. Everytime i spray it i wait with baited breath for something interesting to happen....which it never does. It is like the olfactory version of sticking cotton wool in your ears and listening to James Blunt.

zeynep
zeynep

Very sweet. My father has this perfume and I can't wait to see him and use his perfume. I don't think this perfume is a masculine or charming for men. Very calming and unisex in my opinion. The very first smell can be called fresh but what fallows is sweet.

Udaria
Udaria

This fragrance is so masculine and nice. I bought a gift set with 4 items in it for my son, just could not resist, because this is his signature scent.

It projects well, yet is not overpowering. Something sexy without the slightest trace of vulgarity.

megaechofox50
megaechofox50

This cologne is over-hyped. It's a great smell but it doesn't seem like it is anything groundbreaking. However, the compliment factor on this one is freaking awesome. Girls love it for some reason, so for that reason I would include it in your collection.

Congeniality
Congeniality

Very nice smell, though without staying power.

citizen912
citizen912

As a lover of Escada Magnetism for men I was expecting to like this as so many have indicated similarities. It pained me to finally try a sample and find it smelled so bland and insipidly sweet on my skin. It projected well but just smelled so ridiculously cheap and nasty on me. Very dissapointing for me. Try before you buy.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Very Clean refreshing perfume.. Got this for my hubby and he likes it soo much..very masculine, fresh, sexy perfume... and me too like this sooo much :)

kkmathews
kkmathews

Initial citrus notes are quite noticable... after a while the middle notes matures.. Sweetish blossoms and leathery flavour... Silage is quite good and has a pleasurable warmth to it... A bottle has to be there at all times!

Renia

SEDUCTIVE. i love love this one and nothing else. first place till 10 place in my favourite ones. when i smell on a guy i'm going crazyy. nothing compare to this. can say i like wood by disguard2 and some others. but i love this. irresistable sexyyyy as heeellll. breath taking. <3 you know what if they discontiniued this one, i will kill them all. i will buy this only for my dearest ones. don't want anybody to smell it. jealous. just want it for speciall ones. <3

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

@ Nocebo: It's the same thing. It used to be called Armani Black Code, now it's called Armani Code. If you get the former, then you got yourself and old bottle. Be careful though, I heard there are fake bottles circulating.

nocebo
nocebo

Of course it's worn by many but that shouldn't be a reason not to purchase this frag. Loved it for years and now I finally got my hands on it... couldn't resist any longer. :)

Just one thing, is there a difference between "Code" and "Black Code"? Apparently they're just different packages but I wanted to make sure Black Code is not some kind of edition. ^^

knightlore

Armani Code, Beautiful one of the best!

ItsKen
ItsKen

This fragrance is a master piece what i smell in this fragrance is lime, grass, a bit of lavender and incense this fragrance should be used during the winter i really recommended this if you like smokey yet sexy fragrances

dkmode83
dkmode83

Very good oriental scent. Kind of hard to describe this scent. It smells amazing and almost fresh, but I wouldn't consider it a fresh frag. It has very good sillage and longevity, with decent projection. My girlfriends favorite by far.

martind18
martind18

One of my GF's favorites along with La Nuit De L'Homme. It goes from a spicy frag down to an almost powdery base. I really love the initial blast of spice and fruit. The drydown is very nice, but I just wish the top notes would last a little longer.

The thing about Armani Code is that it's extremely sexy but rather difficult to describe. It's not spicy like most masculine scents, for example, YSL's Opium for Men or CK's Obsession for Men.

In some ways it's a clean and soapy interpretation of a spicy scent with a touch of citrus and leather. There is such an aura of confidence and elegance surrounding this fragrance, making it rather formal in a way, like something you'd perhaps wear with a traditional tux.

The olive blossom is a wonderfully unique additive to the composition, bringing with it an interesting saltiness which is quite alluring on the skin.

There is a powdery like aspect to this fragrance that tends to develop more towards the drydown. Do not fear, it's a masculine powderiness, nothing like sweet, flowery baby powder or anything like that.

Refined and somewhat formal, yet easily transferred into day-wear, Armani Code is probably one of the nicest Giorgio Armani scents I've tried. It's successful in being simplistic and not too over-the-top or too edgy. The longevity and the projection is good which is an added bonus of course. I recommend this fragrance for formal wear, cold weather and those fashion-conscious men.

Cester
Cester

Truly love this. Received compliments here and there. But it smells different, depending on the weather and time of the day.

Magazynier
Magazynier

This one is really good - sweet with lots and lots of flowers. It's also very strong and last for many hours. But for me it's not quite masculine scent, because it's not spicy at all. Woman i know says: "Really cute scent but with my eyes closed i don't know if i smell a man or a woman", and my old friend, who is a gay says: "You smell nice" ;) And that's why i want to sell it and buy something different ;D

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This here is a rather nice frag. I would give it a thumbs up, but it does not last long, maybe 3 hours or so and for that reason I cant go up! But I will remain neutral because by no mains its not a bad scent. I get a very soft feel from Black Code.

k273
k273

It is characterless, and for me it only strengthened my natural body scent.
I actually liked it at first times. But as you got old with it... well, maybe it's just not for me.

Dad jax
Dad jax

This is not at all spicy !!!!On Many notes i can not agree even !!!! I guess at many perfumes here no proper home work is done !!!! Strange !!!

guest_Gomez
guest_Gomez

I'm so confused on the website the nodes are:olive flower, Gaiac wood and tonka bean. On Fragrantica: Bergmot-Lemon-Star Anise-Olive Blossom-Leather-Tobacco

Please tell me,Which nodes are correct?

andrevarx
andrevarx

A sensual and mysterious scent, very suitable for young men. Its combination of masculine flowers and a touch of snuff too subtle Armani Code gives a very sophisticated and seductive atmosphere. Despite his notes, finally has a very silky and elegant aroma, light, subtle but persistent. A great fragrance to seduce.

Can last up to nine hours on my skin, and for many women is very close to an aphrodisiac. Regrettably the age range does not allow use by men with more than 40 years, since the notes despite being smart too cheerful, so seriously that they lose if they use this fragrance. Its nature is eminently cold climates, but can be used in warm climates where evening events.

Veedabestchef

I own this fragrance since i got it in 2005..I still have the same bottle as today..I blind buy this at the mall cause the sales lady told me its one of the popular one..I soon as i wear it i instantly fell in love it..Its so romantic and sexy smell, this is my secret weapon when going out with the ladies or special occassion..i smell a bit of powerdery in this as it dry down.( not baby powder, just a hint of it)...Its a wonderful scent and its suite for winter..but i still wear it on a date..reminds me of wearing a black tuxedo which i dont even have one but it felt good when i wear this..It last in my skin for 6 to 8 hours and projection is great...though too much spray can be overwhelming..2 or 3 spray is good enough to get attention from the ladies..Great job armani...

selinum28
selinum28

The opening of Armani Code is agressive: the smell is very aseptic and purifying, it reminds me the one of lavender. But this first impact lasts only a few minutes. Then the smell seems really herbal, like the smell of culinary and sweet herbs, to become rapidly less sweet; I have never smelt olive blossom, but the perfume stays truly oily, pleasant, calm, until it decays and smells not leathery but dusty to my taste.
At the beginning, there is something that reminds me the beautiful heart of Le Male and Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. Then Armani Code becomes just acceptable and nice. Not for life enthusiasts.

BIG
BIG

it's tamed, sensual, romantic and only intended for summer evening nights out. it's nothing out of this world, just the scent you'd expect Armani to come up with.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

depending on people's rating here, i selected armani code as one of the best. yesterday i tried it at rossmann, but to my disappointment it was kind of a sweet perfume , not my liking.....
infact it was 'armani code' , i am still looking forward to test 'armani black code'

ok, on third day, its fragrance became really gorgeous. the tester strip was lying on my table and i did not know where this super smell is coming from. tremendous longivity and super smell (but initial notes are not so good :(

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

Smooth.....
If one word can describe this fragrance smooth is it!

With Armani Code I mostly detect the olive note, maybe a little bit of leather and lemon, but other than that it seems at odds with the oriental spicy category that it is given. I would say it’s more of a gourmand.

I agree with sky76sky's comment about being surrounded by a delicate fog. Whenever I wear Code I seem to be consumed by a fog of vanilla olive smoothness. Which lasts 6 plus hours.

My lady really enjoys Code too. There have been times when she has let out the softest of moans upon smelling my neck, enough to send tingles through both our bodies.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

I really love Armani Code when I spray it on my skin rather than using a vial to dab on my skin or a scent strip.

IMHO, Armani Code smells quite different from the paper and it mixes with my chemistry so well that I gain 7+ hours of longevity.

☺▬☺▬☺▬☺▬☺▬☺▬☺
Overall. Elegantly sweet and gentle fragrance. Armani says "class" out loud in this fragrance.
☺▬☺▬☺▬☺▬☺▬☺▬☺

Cheers,

bronstein
bronstein

Well, thanks, this one smells rather satisfactory, but are you sure it is made for men? It reminded me more of some car scent from the first sniff onwards, and it still does. Better think twice before actually wearing it on your skin.

periquito89
periquito89

I first tried it together with Attitude, on a paper card, and I remember linking Attitude more. The saleswoman and my girlfriend would choose Code, but today, having both scents, I remain liking Attitude more. Both are really different from eachother. Code, as an oriental, is to me more refined, wearable and not so loud like others modern orientals like Herrera Sexy Man, Cuba Gold (to be fair, I kinda like these two!)and so on. Like Attitude, for me it always works better during fall, winter and mild temperatures in general. If I don't find it great, I don't find it bad either.

noddoc

So good, So classy, SO sweet and elegant, it is simply the perfection
I adore it.

Veedabestchef

when i bought this back in 2005..i wear alot at night..i spray only one on the neck and one in my wrist..i love this scent..feels warm on cold weather...and i still have the bottle now...almost gone but i cant wait to buy a new one...

10 out 10

guest_Nano
guest_Nano

This perfume is perfect for the night, very classy, elegant, sophisticated smell, very masculine also. And love the bottle

gianmarco
gianmarco

Amazing, litterally my favorite, its a compliment grabber, such a masculine scent, very classy, the tobacco and leather really top this one off!

RyanJ
RyanJ

Wasn't crazy about this when i first tried it on, but after two or three trials, i absolutely loved it and now i can't stop wearing it; very good longevity and sillage. The opening is pretty strong and spicy, but not in an 'in your face' kind of way. The drydown is awesome; very sweet, sexy and sophisticated. Seems to be very popular with the ladies also, which is always a good thing. My favourite Armani fragrance

Fereiro
Fereiro

Smells really great, what can I say. Very good longevity and projection. Very complex and finished composition. Good for any occasion. Elegant and realy attractive fragrance. Well, almost perfect scent for cold weather for men. But there is the same problem, wich AdG have - it's almost on everyone. You can't feel yourself unique with this, due to its huge popularity... Sad but true. 8/10

guest_lee
guest_lee

amarni code is all i wear i love the smell evan. i have the bath stuff 2 lol best smell ever amarni code can easily beat any aftershave on the market

scenturian
scenturian

I dont agree with the reviewers who say it is oriental spicy :D
It is definitely not spicy nor oriental.
Maybe it smells spicy for ADG users and who doesnt know other scents :D
It is fresh, smooth a little creamy, powdery and a hint of leather and anise, thats all I get. So simple and soulless.
It is hard to deal with aqua-citrus generation boys.
There has been any Armani in my collection till now, and seems will not.
This should have been launched as female scent, there is any masculine note in it. No woods no spice!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

My fiancé smells amazing in this. It's the perfect business scent for him. It smells different in every season, but the leather and the tobacco are always present on him, and that's what makes this scent so incredibly sexy. Another review noted this would be a evening scent. On the right chemistry, this is an office scent: soft, sexy, warm and masculine. It always smells good.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I am getting the strong smell of lemon,anise and leather. Very nice longevity. It has a slight powder note on the dry down on my skin.

guest_Federais
guest_Federais

A sexy and spicy edt. It's not freshing, must be used at night. A very good scent, but after the first bottle it becomes anoying and boring.

Chris2448
Chris2448

Oriental, slightly sweet, and seductive. Perfect for a date. Women love it. Lasts long as well.

r0bdigz
r0bdigz

Love this cologne. I think it is the best of the Armani line. Smells strong and sexy. Could be used as an everyday scent if you go lighter in the summer.

flem
flem

I think the scent lives up to the rumors. I think its great. Not incredibly original, but special enough to stand out.

Fresh, hip, modern, and functional.

Smell it, try it on, love it.

Jave26
Jave26

This is a wonderful fragrance, I don't have any complaints, last up to 8hrs on me gets me tons of compliments. this is sure to stay in my collection with a back up in the waiting a definite classic.

Yax
Yax

This fragrance is exaggerated. Heard a lot about it and decided to get 1. The notes are not bad but not what i expected.it also has poor longevity. Too bad for a fragrance of its caliber.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

man, this is some of that sunday go to a meeting smell good right here,love it, but i HATE how dude cut the bottles from 3.4oz to 2.5 but still charge top dollar.THATS BOGUS armani!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Very interesting. I was about to dismiss it as a good, but rather mainstream fragrance...but then it started to open up on my skin & I was aware of a lovely, warm, delicate fog surrounding me. It was a light but pervasive sillage & not one I was expecting.

Looking at the notes you could be mistaken in thinking it was a fresh yet dark lemony scent. On my skin it settles into a deep, warmth...the lovely well-kept leather & vanilla pipe tobacco anchoring it down. A residue of green, citrus oil from the zest of a lime is happy to be kept in the background. In the midst of this is the tiniest lift from the anise & blossoms - almost mouth-watering.

I really wish that the bottle suited this laid-back fragrance. Black & simple may be typically aimed at men but this is not a hard, boring-black fragrance. Nor is it Bvlgari-Black (perfect packaging for that one!). A very poor design job (& I speak from experience) that lets down this scent.

SaintLue
SaintLue

very nice. Lasts a very long time. one of my favorites of my collection

deonplayground
deonplayground

It's very warm and sweet. It last an entire day on me (well, it is Eau de Parfum...).

vdxl
vdxl

It is not bad, but it is generic and short lasting for its price. It smells good, but there are other cologne which smell better and are more chic: even Emporio Night from Armani is very similar to this one and appeared earlier on the market. That's not a good thing.

I bought it relatively cheap and I admit it has some magic: now on my skin its drydown is a sheer leather with some sweet spices. I do get a connection with Bvlgari Black( that one is leathery/rubbery in the beginning, this one is reversed). However, this is too sheer to be an oriental spicy:where is the ambery labdanum+vanilla, where is the spicy kick, cause I don't find it. I perceive this fragrance is best worn with a leather jacket. I consider it good, but not excellent.

Stefan
Stefan

Too much for my sensitive nose. I "get it", but I don't agree. If you have to spray on more than 2 shots, take a shower and use some soap, because overdoing this one will give people around you headaches. My ex loved it so I wore it, but it's not what I wan to be remembered by.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

ARMANI CODE is the elegance and glamour of Hollywood mysteriously wrapped in a midnight blue bottle. It is the first oriental fragrance for men by Giorgio Armani.
An elegant, sexy masculine scent that combines sleek seductiveness with sophistication. This masculine scent possesses a blend of lemon, bergamot, guaiac wood, tonka bean, olive flower.

countbernadotte
countbernadotte

I can’t understand Armani’s love for watermelon and cucumber! Armani, almost invariably across all their men's fragrance line, are full of watermelons and cucumber. It looks like they have a watermelon and cucumber farm somewhere in Italy! I don’t get it!... The nose behind it must’ve developed two left nostrils during the design and testing stage! …. This is not a fragrance; it is an assault on one’s olfactory senses.

Two thumbs down for this one.

Diablo
Diablo

this fragrance is on my top 10 favorit fragrances :)

it smell sweet, elegant and sexy .

last all day on my skin :)

dani78
dani78

I’m not an easily pleased when it comes to the men scents, cause I’m find them too heavy and sharp, or too woody, but this one is love from the first sniff. I gave it as a present to my husband some years ago, and it is still our Number one.
It is so warm, spicy and soft, and fresh enough at the same time. Very elegant and suitable for every occasion.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

GMK, You are very beautiful smelles. It's Armani Code, of course :)

steve_arm
steve_arm

If you are from the Mediterranean and
know olive then this scent is
nothing but an olive blast.
Can't understand why women dig it. Nothing fascinating here. Just an
entry level fragrance.

acc
acc

i cannot stop using this one because of the great compliments i receive! great quality scent that lasts for hours. i would recommend it for office wear since it is fresh, elegant, masculine and sexy.

shehbaz
shehbaz

its definitely the best fragrance in the market to my knowledge. subtle, balanced, clean and exciting at the same time. a little expensive, but worth the money. i only wish it could last more on my skin.

Manuella
Manuella

Oh my!!!!
This scent is absolutely delicious.
Very sensual and when my husband wears it,irresistible.
Always a great fragrance to purchase.

Mahmoud_agd
Mahmoud_agd

Fresh smell and lasts almost forever ... Only con it has is that too many people wear it :S ... So if you wanna be unique I suggest you go look for another kind of cologne to represent yourself.

noddoc

it is a really good scent but i don't agree with guest_nancy, it is not fresh at all. it is sweet and sexy

guest_nancy
guest_nancy

very good scent, oriental spicy but fresh at the same time. and the guy is sexy in the commercial;)

Armani Code by Giorgio Armani 4.16 out of 5 based on 2565 ratings and 349 user reviews

ARMANI CODE for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT .14 OZ MINI
ARMANI CODE for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT SPRAY 1 OZ
46.50 GBP
GIORGIO ARMANI Code Eau de Toilette 50ml
GIORGIO ARMANI Code Eau de Toilette 50ml
Armani Code Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Armani Code Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Armani Code Cologne by Giorgio Armani - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Armani Code Cologne by Giorgio Armani - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Code fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Code, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Code by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Code by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.