Designers » F-H » Aromatic « Groups

Armani Code Ice Giorgio Armani for men

Armani Code Ice Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

Armani Code Ice Giorgio Armani for men Videos

Armani Code Ice, the fragrance that comes out in April of 2014, is a new, fresher and brighter interpretation of the original men's fragrance Armani Code from 2006. The new fragrance supposedly represents casual elegance, dynamism and strength, accented with modern character of the composition.

The composition is announced as Mediterranean, fresh and sensual. It opens with accords of mint, lemon and spicy ginger. The heart of geranium and lavender is laid on the base of woody notes. This is a cool and icy interpretation of the original.

It is available as 50, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Lemon Ginger Mint

Geranium Lavender

Woody Notes

212 VIP Men
Zen for Men White Heat Edition

Armani Code Ice Fragrance Reviews

manu.tq
manu.tq

I'm really not a fan of the scent. It's very synthetic, summer generic and pierces your nose. But holy f. I can still smell it very faintly on my skin, after more than 27 hours... And this, only with one spray on a pulse point.

aziz.bou
aziz.bou

Good for the hot weather.. But not like aftershave freshness. I don't recommend to buy it, there are more Armani perfumes absolutely better than this one.

catndale
catndale

The first and one and only EDT I ever gave to my husband which reeks unbearably. Every time I buy a perfume for myself I get one for him too. Never made a mispurchase, everything fits him. My test on the paper strip in the store must have smelled nicely though or else I wouldn't have bought it, but when he wore it, it turned my stomach upside down, it was so nauseating and repugnant it made me want to puke. And at first I didn't suspect the fragrance being the culprit, I guessed he bought a new deodorant ...

BTW it is the first fragrance here in fragrantica I saw with more dislikes than loves or likes.

I agree with koskhandeh's review.

Worst ever smelled fragrance for men, physical dislike!

ckmtl
ckmtl

This "Ice" reinterpretation didn't bother me as much as the original Code did. Still not for me, though.

Gino Chi
Gino Chi

This fella surely fits my body chemistry. Tried couple of Armani fragrances like the Acqua Di Gio (Profumo, Regular, and Essenza) and this fragrance is the only one that captivated my nose a lot! It smells great both on paper and skin! The dry down is amazing! Sillage is powerful!

jvrlbrtr
jvrlbrtr

in my skin this is exactly like armani sport code...
be careful when spraying...oversprayed a little bit, walked inside a store, and clerks were asking me what gorgeous scent i was wearing...

lulu169
lulu169

so I got it to myself....not too masculine to give it to my BF - I prefer him to wear very masculine types of scents. this one is for ME - fresh, gender-neutral, sporty, for those days I dont like anything sweet

Xxbudziexx
Xxbudziexx

I got this as soon as it was released hoping it would be just as good as the original code or code sport. I was completely wrong. I tried wearing this fragrance today and have had a headache ever since I have put it on. it is the most obnoxious/ synthetic fragrance I have ever smelt. the dry down is cloying and very cheap smelling. if anyone is considering this go for any of the Chanel homme line instead.

koskhandeh
koskhandeh

This fragrance is so bad I started checking the notes to avoid a combination of them elsewhere... xD
It's cold, dry, soulless... Like a total stranger... That's it

Endymion
Endymion

An absolutely unnecessary release. Seriously, why was it made? I have no idea. It will disappear from the selves soon like snow in early winter.

davide2111
davide2111

Aspro non nella forma agrumata bensì dalla forte nota di lavanda unita alle note di legno ed alla menta. Sinceramente non un buon odore e dopo un po anche fastidioso!
Longevità 10/10
Sillage 4/10
Profumo 3/10

haddock
haddock

برعکس اون چیزهایی که ظاهرا عناصر سازنده عطر هستند؛ من با استشمام این عطر بوی آدامسهای بادکنکی خوشمزه قدیمی که دونه ای فروخته میشد و بزرگ و صورتی رنگ بود برام تداعی میشه

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I like the synthetic Mint.

GuyanaMayne
GuyanaMayne

I recently bought a tester bottle of this. And I have to say that this has MONSTER projection and longevity on me. I'm talking about 24h longevity! This smell seriously doesn't leave when I put it on lol. It surprised me a ton in that regard.

As for the smell, I think it's pretty good. The opening reminds me of the original Code, then slowly turns into a fresher version of it. If you're a fan of Code, you would probably enjoy this one

If only the original Code lasted this long on me!!

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I have it and I love it...it smell like a smoother version of armani code sport athlete...A light fragrance.code ice is a (very) synthetic smelling.
سمپل این کار جهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام خصوصی بدهند

Mike Peters
Mike Peters

This is one fragrance that I can't do. I can't describe why, it's just not pleasant to me nor would I want anyone to smell me smelling like it. I know this is not much of a review. I can't comment on the performance, but it's a simple review of another person's opinion of not being a fan. However, I love most of the Armani frags.

Mike

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

This is good stuff! I don't know why everyone is hating on it. It's similar to the original but better for all season wear. It's not generic like code sport, and can be worn for every occasion. Good stuff!

dmirror
dmirror

Smells a lot similar to code sport the black bottle with red letters which in my opinion is the best out of code followed by the original this is a good spring summer scent actually if its like code sport it can be worn year round

Miran23kurd
Miran23kurd

If I was new to fragrances maybe I wud like this (who knows maybe others might like it on me). But this type of subtle sweet scent is just so common that it makes me sick. I believe I have smelled this a hundred times in different bottles from different designers, its like the most standard fragrance to me. From now when whenever I try a perfume I that smells this way I will give it thumbs down because I am sick of smelling it, period!

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

اولین تستی که از این عطر داشته باشید ، مطمئنا شما رو شگفت زده نخواهد کرد . چون فکر می کنید که جنین بوی رو قبلا شنیدید .
اولین نت ، روایح لاوندر و جنجفیل هست که شیرین و اسپایسیه
حدود یه ربع دیگه رایحه نعا به عطر اضافه میشه که باعث کاسته شدن شدت عطر و آروم تر شدنش میشه(عطر رو از شیرینی در میاره)
بعد هم گل شمعدانی و لیمو به عطر اضافه میشند و یه رایحه ی متعادل یعنی نه شیرین و نه ترش رو به وجود میارن
بعد از سپری شدن 1 ساعت که عطر تمام نت های بویاییش رو پشت سر گذاشته ، دیگه تا آخر شما یه بوی ضعیف از همه ی روایح رو متوجه خواهید شد
پخش رایحه : 4.5 از 10
ماندگاری : 6 از 10

Boxcuttahz
Boxcuttahz

I have original code and I love it. But this one smells close to Mercedes Benz. It's very synthetic but bad synthetic. I wouldn't recommend a blind buy unless it's cheap. Nothing like the original. The top not and mid is just bad. Dry down is similar dry down to original code so it's ok. Not worth it tho

fisken23
fisken23

Very woody drydown, much more than i expected. I own both Athlete and Ice, no similarity at all. Athlete is much fresher. Ice is more of a autumn/winter type of scent. Got a bottle of Ice today and i'm not that impressed, so far.

Melsisy
Melsisy

The best and sexiest scent for a gentleman ever ...!!!!!

Enchie

It's good , smells spicy ,
overall good, but still , nothing beats the legendary Originally Code

chinna
chinna

Really icy !! has a touch of menthol appears to be that...

Cassiano
Cassiano

I start this review by touching at the same point ever: how good it is to get a flanker (version of other fragrance, previously released) that respects de DNA of the original version, the one that started it all. Especially when they are fresher or intense variations.

Unlike the Sport Athlete version, from 2012, which should be called Armani Code Fraiche, this Ice version received a great name, an excellent choice that escapes the traditional terms "fresh" or "fraiche".
The idea of having the same original fragrance, now with icy nuances, combines very well with the chosen name. And it works!

The composition brings notes of mint, lime and ginger, in the output; geranium, lavender and Sage in the heart; guaiac wood and tonka bean, in the base. The concept, according to the manufacturer, was to bring a mixture of the versions Golden Edition with Sport Athlete.

What I do know is that this version is very good. From the moment that is applied on the skin, it is possible to smell the original version, as if it had been frozen. However, the smell of the 2004 version, which many find nauseating or with medicinal aspect is gone. The leathery tone is also not present anymore, resulting in a fragrance more restrained, woody, with an almond touch like before, but with less vanilla aspect, since this version does not bring tobacco mixed in.

What I like in this version is the fact that there is a refreshing layer, in first place, over a floral layer in which the geranium presents spicy and menthol nuances. Then, a third layer arises, making us remind of the original version. This is not about evolution, but the way the nose perceives the olfactory pyramid.

The only problem that I checked during the first tests I did, before writing this review, was the low projection. Even the Sport Athlete version projects more. On the other hand, I could notice a great olfactory accommodation, which is bad, because it makes the user think that the perfume is not strong enough, when, in fact, it is still exuding. The lasting on my skin is as good as the original version.

Finally, once again, they kept the visual identity of the line, bringing a Silver metallic-looking bottle.

StardustHK
StardustHK

The first 30 minutes strongly remind me of Nightflight, with the main player being synthetic but smooth lavendar. After that it turns into nothing but nose-pinching, disinfectant-like aroma chemical, which is also strong - but bearable - in Code Sport. After the short opening I don't get anything else but this. The problem: it lasts and projects. After washing it off the skin it still went on for 3~4 hours. Not exactly a pleasant experience.

Gault
Gault

I dont know if I smelled it too early before the alcohol sublimed, but it smells like a real mojito for a couple of minutes. Its more aldehydic than the rest of the line.
Its like Code Sport but the minty star anise note that is present on Code fragrances are a lot more pronounced, making the whole darker. I also find this similar to the Guerlain Homme, Guerlain Homme Intense. I happen to love that plastic-like combination. If I run out of Code Sport, I will definitely buy this one.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Guys this one is really awesome, rather crazy and very sexy.. i just got today and i must say very clean and even better in fall and cool summer nights, Beautiful combination of sweet and citrus, the dry down reminds me of a modified version of Jimmy Choo, CK Reveal and 212 VIP Cross combo...Unexpectedly unlike the original code this one has a great longevity.. Good one Armani.. nice one after Essenza..

bronstein
bronstein

This is unmistakably Armani Code, albeit much stronger. Judging on its own, I'm not sure whether this one suits hot summer days, despite its name. It's still very sweet and has the characteristic of a winter scent. It is also rather artificially smelling, but longevity is almost sensational.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

Run of the mill, brainless composition. A vulgar attempt to catch up with the mint summer trend. Runs through top and heart notes within seconds to reach the irritating amber base that I can't get off of me. Feels extremely cheap, like a cheaper version of an axe (lynx) fragrance. Totally unbalanced, not even fit to be called a fragrance.

While I like several of the Armani Prive line titles, I find the mainstream selection is steadily becoming worse by additions such as this that only manage to harm the brand name. It has been ages since Armani actually introduced anything distinctive in the market and this has resulted in me steering clear off their shelves when I go shopping.

Notes on the commercial: Couldn't they get a model with a smaller head or at least someone who doesn't have difficulty going down the stairs?

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

whereas original code is a sweet winterfragrance that i like a lot, code ice is a (very) synthetic smelling irritating byproduct that tries to surf on the success of its big brother...and fails miserably...shame on you GA

Kenni
Kenni

Worth every penny. Regardless of the issue with synthetic smell, this scent last all day. Great longevity.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Armani Code Ice opens with a bomb of aldehydes, Iso E, cashmeran, calone, ginger, vanillin, a subtle ambrettolide-like note and a slight citrus accord. Super cheap and unworthy the price tag, whatever it is: but somehow fascinating, it has a metallic, translucent feel with the Iso E/cedar-like accord which gives a contemporary, ethereal, sophisticated "woody-incense" vibe, delivering the infamous "pencil sharpener" feel several fragrances with this composition often give – and I'm talking niche too, for example Let me play the lion by LesNez. All supported by a plushy, polyurethane-ish feel of cozy, completely artificial woods given by cashmeran. A bit anonymous, but that may turn into an "avant-garde" feel. Overall this is the olfactory depiction of the places the average Armani Code wearer probably goes to – modern gyms, trendy clubs, contemporary shops. Still with a hint of cheapness, so I'm not talking about the coolest gym in town, rather some Virgin Club ones – still nice, crisp and modern, just not the top class. As minutes pass it warms a bit, opening on the ambrette base and finally evolving on a woody-rubbery, almost sulfur-ish and burnt-tires-like base (safraleine, norlimbanol and the likes). Again: not that different from many overpriced niche scent which pretend to "revisit" leather/dark woods accords using those materials. Overall I'd say, if you're into completely synthetic scents, you may consciously (and ironically, I'd say) appreciate this. Obviously unworthy the price tag.

Dirk
Dirk

Just testing it.
Starts off very weird synthetic smell indeed, then quickly turns into a lighter version of armani code ultimate, i would say.
if you have ultimate, i wouldnt bother with this one.
although maybe this one is almost acceptable to wear in summer, which i wouldn't do with ultimate.
i also getting a bit of eros in the beginning, i think its the mint.

btw: ive read its created by: Alberto Morillas

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Very sickly opening, very feminine smell, there's something synthetic in this I didn't like, but luckily after thirty minutes all trace had gone, poor.

jerry zahaka
jerry zahaka

I tried it today , girls seems to like it but for me it smells like a tire smoke ! its wierd !

Ricks44
Ricks44

Tried this yesterday.

I prefer it to Code. It's like a smoother, creamier version of Code. Smells very similar, just fresher and almost milky on the top.

The projection/sillage was great for me. I sprayed two sprays on my hand and it was still projecting 8 hours later. I've always found Code a bit boring and uninspiring. I like it but that's all. This is venturing into JPG Le Male, Fahrenheit 32 territory whilst keeping the original framework of Code.

Louder than the original in my opinion. Sweet, smooth, creamy, masculine, long lasting. I can see this being a success.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A light fragrance, then little creamy, but very short lived and close to the skin

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-30 mins- 3 inch projection, this is so light and non-descript, it fails to get character and is a little synthetic

30 mins - 1.25 hours- 2 inch projection-the lavender-creaminess and iconic original code. comes in, with an ice slant which i assume is the mint but it is so faint

1.25 hours -2 hours- 1 inch projection

2 hours - 3 hours. close to skin and the creaminess leaves and is replaced by a messy, generic woods

This frag has no connection to code sport or athlete, instead it is a lighter and icy take on the original code. I recommend Code Ultimate over this one, though if you are looking for something more for summer, try and Get Code Sport Athlete (not just Code Sport) as that frag is IMHO a masterpiece, however it is hard to find now

Not for me

Valfar
Valfar

Found it today and tried it on paper. So, i'm gonna make a short review. It's not far from the original Code. For the first 2 hours you will get the DNA from the original with a minty feeling, but then, as Gazo30 said, it becomes almost identical with the original, with a subtle mint and ginger. Longevity and sillage are moderate.

Gazo30

Tried it today, its opening is very similar to code sport, then dries down to being virtually the same as code, just a little fresher!

its a really good blend of the 2 fragrances

on sale now in the UK

Vlad Andrei
Vlad Andrei

In my country is available.It`s a fragrance between Code and Code Sport.Good enough for summer.

[email protected]
matthewnhedges@gmail.com

Lemon,Ginger and Mint...?

Sounds more like a stir-fry than anything else...

pjd1234
pjd1234

I would like to try it why not it might surprise me but looking at the notes there not much going on here from imagining the notes this will smell synthetic but hey you never know till you try it.

Gazo30

i hope it doesnt smell anything like code sport athlete

kel
kel

I'm looking to build my warm weather fragrance collection and I like the notes. Will give it a try at least.

dbatiste1
dbatiste1

I get the impression this is gonna smell like a smoother version of armani code sport athlete. a little less bright. i look forward to it

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ice fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ice, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Code Ice by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Code Ice by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.