Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Armani Code Ultimate Giorgio Armani for men

Armani Code Ultimate Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

Armani Code Ultimate Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Amani prepared the launch of a new men's fragrance from the Code line for fall 2012, which bears the name of Armani Code Ultimate. The new edition aims to be more intense, sensual and luxurious than its predecessor.

The composition is signed by Antoine Maisondieu of Givaudan. Fresh and energetic cocktail of grapefruit, mandarin and star anise welcomes you at the opening. Cedar, cypress and olive blossom in the heart and are accentuated with heliotrope accords. The base notes include guaiac wood, tonka bean and vanilla.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Star Anise

Cedar Olive Blossom Cypress Heliotrope

Tonka Bean Vanilla Guaiac Wood

Black Sun

Armani Code Ultimate Fragrance Reviews

mhdrazali21

This is sharp and invigorating. Good as work scent for me as it makes me more alert and beats the afternoon slump. Sprays on skin and one on the shirt.It lasts all day long.

amine.bz6
amine.bz6

The odor is insane but it´s very sugary

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

This was the first cologne I purchased for my current boyfriend.

Like him, it is strong, dark, and commanding. When we first went cologne testing, we were both equally enamored with the power of this scent. Smelling it on him filled my senses with lust; I was captured by the concoction. It made him seem stronger and more daring.

It is masculine and dominant. He wears it only while with me. Sexy but not synthetic and toxic like the multitudes of colognes manufactured to make a woman's panties drop.

Casavulva
Casavulva

I am surprised to admit that I kind of like this Code Ultimate.

It has decent quality, decent sillage and longevity, and all together smells nice. Ok, I admit that it is well blended also.

The start gives off the same vibe as Ferragamo F Black, but instead of apple/lavender/tonka bean you get anis/vanilla/tonka bean + gaiac. Code Ultimate is also a little more complex and has higher density.

Should theoretically be a big compliment getter.

A good 3-season evening fragrance for guys 20 - 30.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

On my wrists a fragrances normally doesn't last longer than 2 hours, but in this case Code
Ultimate has lasted over 4 and is still pretty strong with 2 sprays WITHOUT rubbing it in.
VERY potent Vanilla note also, but nothing feminine. Love this and I will own it before too much longer:)

vserdar
vserdar

This reminds me of nothingelse.A special juice with perfect longetivty and sillage.Maybe one of the best Armani's ever produced.İt is better in cold wheather and keeps you warm and delightfull.Very sensual.

miguel.a.peralta.71
miguel.a.peralta.71

I like this fragrance, but the opening I feel the alcohol.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I am not a fan of Armani Code (another nice but run-of-the-mill cologne IMO) but I really like this one. It has one of the most delicious tonka bean-vanilla notes I've ever smelled, lasts forever, and projects pretty well on my skin. My only complain is the opening is a bit synthetic and alcohol-laden. Overall, a very likable, if not lovable, fragrance. Well-done!

Update: wore it while on vacation up north...excellent longevity and projection on my skin. I cannot wait to wear this fragrance in the fall.

walidadnan1
walidadnan1

i bought this today,and trust me,i have no regrets,it's sweet,has notes of vanilla,but still has the spice,it's really attractive,better than the original code.

MelihElitas
MelihElitas

the easy wasy to get reaction at night :)

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

An excellent addition to the Armani Line.
AC Ultimate lines up well with the original, but adds on a sort of 'Intense' vibe with this newest flanker. It spruces up the original with more vanilla flavor, and some woody undertones to give it a very pleasant, professional feel.
I very much enjoy the added longevity on this one as well. To demonstrate, I sprayed it once on my arm about mid morning (~11am), and that night I could still smell it at a good strength around 7pm. Impressive, considering the original died down after about 5-6 hours on my skin.
The projection is quite nice, also. After a couple hours of basking, someone could smell it easily from a foot or two away, and complimented me on the classy vibe it put off.
Spray Recommendations: 1 to the chest, and 2 to the neck....OR, 1 to the chest, 1 to the center of the neck, and one to each arm for better spread and sillage.
Overall, this perfume seeks to impress, and it does this with ease. It tones down the leather of the original, and brings out a slightly more feminine, yet compensatingly masculine vibe, and can easily be worn for just about any occasion- informal or other.

Longevity: 9/10 (Easily 8-10+ hours)
Projection: 5/10 (Somewhat soft)
Versatility: 9/10 (Any occasion you darn well please!)
Smell: 8/10 (Quite nice- I can easily see this on a man in a suit, or perhaps a man on a date...VERSATILE!)

bobosan336
bobosan336

Tested in the store and bought based on 1st impression that this was substantially similar to original but with better longevity - win on the longevity, but not similar to the original at all.

Longevity: easily 12 hours, impressive as even A-men struggles to last this long on me

I get these very strong whiffs of cherry syrup note emanating from it all the way from the top notes to the drydown. Anyone else noticing similar? Reminded me of the 1 Million opening.

Overall, I don't pick up most of the notes listed. For me its a linear cherry syrup and cedar from start to end.

marioman
marioman

Going out to the club? Its perfect for night out.Vanilla and tonka bean makes your way wider during late nite.Very sensual if i want to describe in two words. & Sexy and class masculine!

Na0

Don't pay attention to the classical and "boring" (but good) smell at first. Its drydrown (especially middle notes) is just awesome. The Heliotrope / Cypress / Olive combo is a marvel. So deep, woody & powdery, with just enough delicate floral side to not be obnoxious and loud.

Very well done with this one, Armani house ! One of few proofs that mainstream fragrances are not dead yet. You just have to call a niche nose, and voila, you can be as much as inspired than niche ones.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I'm a big fan of Armani Code, for men and for women. I recommend them. I feel ultimate offers a longer lasting version of the original and if your a fan of vanilla you won't be disappointed. My wife likes the original better and I love them all but lean more toward ultimate. The scent fades big time after about four hours then it sits close for a couple more hours on my skin at least. I usually have to apply it twice in a day.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This is probably the best fragrance from Giorgio Armani, and I'm not a big fan of some of their fragrances. But, this one is pretty good.

Armani Code Ultimate opens up with a really sweet burst of vanilla and tonka bean. When it dries down, it looses some of the sweetness and becomes a little bit creamy and woody with a boozy vanilla vibe. It smells thick and full bodied, like Givenchy Pi for example. I find it to be rather linear, but it is an interesting scent. I think this fragrance is well done. I like it.

Now, since this is supposed to be a flanker to the original Armani Code, you would expect it to have leather and tobacco in the notes. While it is somewhat similar to the original, it lacks the oomph from the tobacco and leather. If you are a big fan of the original Code, I don't think you would be disappointed with this flanker.

If you are looking for a fall and winter fragrance that is similar to Dior Homme Intense and Givenchy Pi, give this one a try.

Manny44
Manny44

A girl just told me I "smelled like a Tootsie Roll, but in a good way"...lol..now I feel self-concious about it...but never the less I'm really enjoying this fragrance and glad its in my collection.

scentgent
scentgent

By far the best Code around.

This is like Armani Code turned up a few notches and sweetened. Top notes are bright, but burn off into a darker heart. It is sweetened thanks to heliotrope and vanilla. Otherwise, it is similar to the original code ramped up on steroids.

IMO, I felt like the original code was really weak. Perhaps it was a crime it was so weak. People needed to be on you to notice it or you layered the heck out of it. Code Ultimate makes up for that flaw, without turning itself into the next JOOP!

Projection: 9/10 (not room clearing, but not bad either)
Longevity: 10/10 (on you the next day you wake up)
Sillage: 8/10 (noticeable trail)
Versatility: 7/10 (not for the workplace, this is a night/dating fragrance)
Scent: 10/10 (smooth, pleasant, and unique)
Bang for buck: 7/10 (not cheap)
Compliments: 9/10
Overall: 9/10

Greg1965
Greg1965

This instantly reminded me of Black Sun from Salvador Dali. I like it very much. I also like the orignal code very much. So bottom line, this is a very good and nice fragrance.

Valfar
Valfar

Very similar with the original indeed. But this is a more improved version. I had and liked the original. While the original is a bit spicy, this one is sweet. Strong notes of vanilla, and, although is not listed in the notes pyramid, i detect some chocolate notes. This is the "ultimate" Code indeed. This version is perfect, sweeter, more youthful. Also, the power is very strong with this one. Very good sillage for ~5-6 hours on my skin, then it gets close to skin for another ~7-8 hours. So longevity i would say somewhere between 12-14 hours. So yeah...it is far more superior than the original!
I NEED THIS!!!!!

josevancouver
josevancouver

I own the EDP version of Midnight in Paris, as well as the reforulated versions of Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. So what do I think of Armani Code Ultimate? I like it. It actually reminds me more of Midnight in Paris and less of DHI, but it has less powder than Midnight in Paris and for me, a lot more wearable. This is a sexy scent! I gave it a full wearing the past few days and I liked the sillage, longevity and just the overall vibe this fragrance gives off. It's not as intoxicating as Dior Homme (my signature scent) and somehow not as 'heavy' as DHI...love the vanilla and tonka....This is nice, and a lot more interesting than the regular Armani Code, which I liked but felt was just a bit too boring for my tastes.

WildDove
WildDove

Armani Code Ultimate is a soft powdery gourmand, with a sharp penetrating heart that's strong near the opening and then weaves in and out of the fragrance over the course of the drydown. More dressy than casual. I visualize a man in a suit at the opera, or in nicer casual clothes at a beach house, or out for drinks and tapas with friends.

fdelval
fdelval

A compliment getter as has been previously stated, a very sweet gourmand fragrance with some slighty citrusy notes, which makes it less heavy than expected, allowing a much wider variety of usages.
I would not recommend it as a work / class scent tough.

Worked great in summer aswell as during fall and winter.
Projection and sillage is great, not beast mode but definetively better than the original code.

I would rate it a 8/10. Not a high class scent, not the most complex and rather expensive, but worked for me.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Great Scent, lasts all day and definitely a compliment getter. 4 spray and I'm set for 12 + hours.

MCvitic
MCvitic

Got this "badass" today !

On my skin works great, long leasting and project good as well..
For me, this is one of those fragrances, which when you spray it on your hand... you CAN'T stop smelling it..

I didn't have the original Code, so I can't compare it, but give this one a try... definitely worth it !

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

this is definitely reminiscent of the original as i remember it... although the opening is all bug spray/hair spray and anise for me. Reminded me so much of Au Masculine but with the powder considerably dropped. The dry down does include the tonka, yet with the mix of anise, comes off quite medicinal. I see no resemblance with Eau Extreme. The tonka in this doesn't even smell the same. Eau extreme is creamier and nuttier... a lot better in my opinion. Armani tried something different but something in this is clashing causing an unpleasant experience. Might be the florals.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

another flanker in the armani code family ..did we really need it ? anyway this isnt bad at all as the previous ones ,it seems richer and not so much synthetic ,overall it smells like something very popular in this modern perfume days a la paco rabanne one million that i completely dislike, it also reminds me play intense givenchy .very easy to wear and very young folks oriented .

dmd63
dmd63

great scent, with a long lasting blast and silage. reminds me a bit CD homme intense. far better than original.

roko
roko

Hey guys.Well this fragrance is just GREAT.A little expensive but absolutely great.Actually at the beggining i found it a little too feminine for me,but today when i put Dior Homme intense in my right hand,and armani code ultimate in my left, i appreciated much more than before as a male one..It is very similar with DHI but it is not so feminine as DHI which today i couldn't find the reason why it so much appreciated from everyone!Anyway i think it is better than DHI and my favorite one!
It starts with bergamot and ends to a vanillia mixed with lemmon in my nose. It is suitable equally for the morning and night in my opinion.

I give it an 8/10.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

Love this. It's warm, zesty, slightly sweet with vanilla. I thought it was a woman's scent when I first smelled it, so I'd say it's unisex. It's sexy.

Gazo30
Gazo30

Tried this today, very similar to the original code but i prefer this, the vanilla makes it just that little bit different. good longevity too, 3 sprays are still on me now and i applied them 6hrs ago so i would think around 8hrs is what to expect from this. projects well too

overall its made me want to buy it so id definitely recommend at least trying it

8/10 for me :)

Senzadite
Senzadite

Get 1 Million and spray Aqua Net 80´s hairspray over it. Thats how Code ultimate smells. Do you wonder how a very synthetic fragrance smells? look no further! this is it.

RIYL: Aqua net hairspray, 1 million (cheap versión of it)Halloween Man or any 1 million clone.

ltj559
ltj559

A lot of people are saying that this and the original Code are one in the same. While they are definitely similar, I easily prefer this one.

Im a sucker for vanilla fragrances, and this one amplifies that aspect of the original. If you like them as well, I can't recommend this one enough.

I love this cologne, and can't wait to add it to my collection.

FrayN'Grens
FrayN'Grens

The original one is more fresh and zitrus at the beginning, then it turns down into a creamy, spicy juice.
Olive-blossom is the most important part of this fragrance. Yes, it's a very delicate floral note, smells like a fresh washed shirt for me.
And very important too, is the Leather-Tobacco in the base, this create a dark and mysterious Aura.
So more it dries down, so more wood comes through, I really enjoy the dry down.

So, the Ultimate Version, starts at the point, where the original is in the middle.
The start is very creamy, spicy, yes and more stronger.
The olive-blossom plays only a minor role.
BUT, cedar and cypress gives this one a very very dry woody Accord, it's beautiful.
Then its dry down to an powdery, sweet fond.
It last longer I personally think.

Both are oriental, spicy, creamy.
Original more freshness, more olive blossom, less Woods, less powder, moderate longevity.
Ultimate less freshness, less olive blossom, a lot of more woods, more powder, long lasting.
Bothe are great and beautiful to wear!

Kind Regards.

jay22w
jay22w

Warm,slightly sweet,vanilla and spice..this may be my new regular daily scent. I prefer it over the original.

dascagdas
dascagdas

what is difference between code and code ultimate ? same smell or not ?

PaulDJ
PaulDJ

I didn't buy the original code, not that I didn't like it I just never go round to buying it. I got ultimate this year and think its a really well done fragrance. Projection is pretty impressive and it literally lasts all day on me. I prefer the oily, leather, balmy style of ultimate to the original code and when it dries down it is a little sweeter which I also prefer. Will buy this again. Armani out of a lot of the more mainstream frags have more quality than most throughout there range and this supports that thinking IMO.

MOMOOO
MOMOOO

is it to the right way ?

most of us like the famous iconic armani code but most of us at the same time Complained about its longevity & prog so armani wanted to make it right this time by making an intense version of armani code .
but did armani make it right ?
the answer will be different from one to another . why ?
because there are some changes Occurred to the original a.c . like what ?
1- first in the opening I think it is less citrusy than the original because they replaced lemons & bergamot with grapefruit
2-tons of tonka bean & vanilla here so it became heavier & darker
3- long & prog here is better than the original
4- the original is more versatile than this
Overall its heavy dark a.c for winter , fall nights & for longevity lovers
so its your choice now

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Normally I don't like Armani scents, but this one's not bad. It's a mildly sweet gourmand scent, claimed to be woody, but I'm not getting that as much as the tonka bean and vanilla. Nothing really special, but nice.

mhdrazali21

Arrived today together with Le Male. Tested thenm both. What can I say. Finally both matched with my troublesome skin chemistry. This it. Only thing is the versatility. I love them both, for now.

pjd1234
pjd1234

ARMANI CODE ULTIMATE. i will not do a comparison test here from the original. I will review this frag the way it is. first spray can definitely smell the citrus opening then mellows down with sweetness and with bergomondish smell i guess its the cypress and heliotorpe combo i really do enjoy the middle notes as it drysdown this bergomondish smell lingers and is more prominant mixed with tonka bean and vanilla the base im not too fond of as the scent becomes harsh and synthetic smelling. I describe the scent as harshly sweet scent in a goodway. I do love the scent but not really too hyped about it. longevity is good but sillage is just average. As with armani frags price vs quality is a BIG issue for me a 75ml bottle for 89 usd talking about being cheap and very overpriced IMHO. Why not make it 100ml i dont really understand that as there are far more better frags at this price range like pure havane 89 usd. Im sure fanboys of the original will definitely appreciate this one. My rate

longevity 9/10 spotty but last a long time 8-10 hours even more at times.
sillage 6/10 moderate projection knowing that this is supposed to be the ultimate version it does not project too much.
over all smell 8/10 not bad nothing too hyped about it.
uniqueness 7/10 nothing unique follows the dna of the original code.
price vs quality 6/10 75ml for 89usd cheapness at its finest do your research theres far more better scent at this price range.
versatility cold weather day or night, can be worn summer nights.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Nice dark scent. Stronger than the original. This one is fresh, woody, citrusy, aromatic, there is some vanilla, and it was also powdery. This one would do great in any weather especially at night time. Good one from Armani. Try it.

Thraxes
Thraxes

Very lovevly perfume. Starts off strong, but wears off after a while. Have gotten alot of compliments while using this one, even a kiss on the neck. (hehe)
Projection is good and longativity is 8 hours on me.
You should try it on first, can smell different on your skin, but a very good scent.

zouz123
zouz123

Love it!! great longevity and amazing scent that will surely attract your entourage

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

If you refer back to my Armani Code Classic review, I mentioned that I felt Code should have been an EDP or stronger at least... and my wish came to pass. Good things come to those who wait in good faith. Ultimate Code is everything I thought it would be intensified. Woodier, spicier, sweeter... with added projection, sillage and longevity. For those of you curious about the differences between Ultimate and the classic, it is an enhancement spawned from the masterpiece. Grapefruit has replaced lemon, being that it is the trendy note of this perfume era. A floral heart of heliotrope has been incorporated in the new composition with added cedar wood as well. Some have complained because its too powdery, but the truthfully... Armani Code was powdery to begin with. I only wish Ultimate Code was created within the same time frame as the classic. During that period, they weren't using as many synthetics. The final phase is the only real disappointment, as it dries down harshly synthetic.

Molko
Molko

On my skin is exactly the same original code smell, BUT stronger and last longer, I recommend this instead of the older code

Skebaba
Skebaba

this and chic for men by carolina herrera are some of the most projecting and long lasting monsters I have ever used, with the herrera being unnoticeable to my nose I still get compliments 9 hours later from someone about a metre from me with only three sprays, while this one I can smell it myself too and compliments comes even 8 hours later when I walk past people. but I like the herrera more, its a pity I cant smell it myself and at first I thought it had poor longevity but it was the other way round

paralataringa
paralataringa

very good fragance, i like this better than the original code,last longer and a bit sweeter

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

A Trial to make another strong virsion of the original code, but no comparison, the old one still unbeatable

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

GA giving an ultimatum the flankers Armani Code, this one does not in itself alter the aroma of traditional, looks like it has a tone floral clearer, I do not know if it's the Heliotrope or olive flower? I think both. The powdery tone, which was mistaken by some for having iris, I think due to appear this mingling with the intense tonka bean and then the vanilla. It's more intense, slightly sweeter, and in my opinion better. Whoever has the Code, worth having it.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Compared to the strength and natural beauty of the original, Ultimate, paradoxically, is not only lighter in scent, but also stings the nostrils by comparison with it's cheap synthetic take on the original Code. I might "like" this, did I not adore Code itself, yet, instead, I hate it. A tragic and desperate marketing ploy to rejuvenate sales of a not-so-distant classic by the house of Armani. There's a an age-old adage that Armani and many other houses ought to stick by, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." At least in this case, one may still purchase a bottle of the original Code in it's pure, unadulterated, unreformulated state, and perhaps, more than ever, appreciate it for the modern masterpiece that it is.

jemsam
jemsam

Delicious, sexy and amazing, I've used 2 bottles in 1 month

Na0

Discovered it by a female friend who loves to wear male fragrances. And I bought it right after ! I can't really describe it exactly, but its strenght, sweetness and power are so captivating.

kizz_man
kizz_man

the Original after Maturity !!!!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Delicious! Sprayed it on the hubby at Macy's and almost ate his arm!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I vaguely recall the original Code for men being a powdery-sweet oriental, very creamy and "safe." This smells the same way, but with more tonka, and a Joop!-like heliotrope note. I don't mind sacrificing Fragrantica balloons in saying that Code Ultimate is a pleasant, tonka-heavy non-event.

stephenb123
stephenb123

I just bought this today so far I like it smells good and last a good while, however like others have said it is a little strong but still very nice.

CDGfan
CDGfan

If your looking for those youthful clubby fragrances which would project and last, like they use to back in the 90s before IFRA destroyed fragrances, this is a good antidote for it. Not a fan of Armani fragrances at all, but compared to the current designer releases, this is pretty damn good ! It leaves Eros, Luna Rossa and all those shitty flankers we have seen in the past few years in the dust.

bcire3k
bcire3k

Smells similar to Givenchy Play Intense. I like Play Intense better though, it's not as fruity.

However, this is definitely stronger than Play Intense. This has immense projection, I can almost feel it. It also lasts forever, I don't understand how the longevity and sillage ratings are so low here.

sawyer82
sawyer82

25% of Armani Code + 25% of Rochas Man + 25 of Dior Homme Intense + 25% of power increasing = Armani Code Ultimate. And I prefer the first three over this.

Better said... take the original and decrease the citrus notes, then increase the tonka note, an then add tons of vanilla.

A very powerful fragrance. On my skin, it beats monsters like Le Male or A*Men. Maybe it's my body chemistry, but this is too heavy for me.

gray.lankford.3
gray.lankford.3

Just tried it today, finally got cold enough. I've both Armani code and mania but ultimate takes it to a whole different level. I only sprayed 2 shots in the morning and it stayed all day on me. The only thing I did'nt like was the cedar was way too strong for me. It reminded me of Gucci Pour Homme. I just could'nt get past the cedar to enjoy the rest of it. However i still like it, just can't wear it except on COLD days

jovejove
jovejove

Just being launched in Canada. It smells good, but its nothing special. I still think the classic is the best. This one is just more of a full body scent. Would be a great alternative as and evening or winter scent in comparison to the classic. There's something about leather tones that make me think of them as overtly masculine and sexy. I imaging them to be the alter-ego to the fresh citrus tones; suit and citrus by day for the office, leather jacket and jeans by night with a nice sweet leather tone.

olkandelrey
olkandelrey

Just bought few days ago, its just amazing. Very long longevity, very sexy fragrance. But this may not work on everyone...

antonpan
antonpan

Armani Code Ultimate smells how the regular Code had to smell when it appeared at the market. Ultimate is richer and sweeter than Code though still masculine (more masculine than Dior Homme Intense and La Nuit de L'Homme to my mind) with an amazing longevity.

Migalex
Migalex

This is similar Le mãle and 212 Sexy, mostly in the dry down, which is not surprising, giving the composition. In fact, what I smell most here is Cinnamonish Tonka Bean and Vanilla. It is quite nice to me, since this type of oriental is my favorite amongst the dominant male scent types on offer today, and I actually like it better than Le Mâle, but creativity nears zero. I wonder how many slightly different variations on the same theme can the market cope with. These fashion designers are very afraid of innovating in the scent area, whish is not surprising, because fragrances is where most of them get their money from to support what they claim to be their main business, so risks in this area can be too risky. They are expected to innovate on clothes, to keep the name up, so that they carry on selling fragrances. Back to the scent: as well as being a lovely scent, it has impressive staying power.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Today, I bought it.As a great lover of Code,I bought this without rehearsal,that is to say blind buy.Honestly, never do it,even I could almost buy Paul Smith Man for some funny money,but, just because I could not try it, I quit.I bought this with heart,for the first time,in my long perfume career,that this year the full twenty-one years!Really not a bit,especially for blind buy.But well,sometimes the risk a necessary!I will start this,CODE-is a for forever young people,who so nearly lost in time, and forever remain dreams!I can almost say that the CODE is a innocent perfume.With Ultimate,no more dreamers,only the strength and power,who honestly and missing the CODE.I'm free to say,that almost never met so similar to two perfumes,which in turn, are different, but somewhat.ULTIMATE everything that is not a CODE.ULTIMATE is primarily converted,with stronger Sillage,seriously,see that in the beginning a serious player,in which errors are not allowed,so no error here.Something akin to Dante's Inferno-who enter here, discard all hope,just what it says ULTIMATE subtle,with me no errors,and who will buy me wrong, even though I do not try.Well, maybe a little more severe,but it is generally so.All this is nice, I admit,but somehow the ULTIMATE lost soul in relation to the CODE,he is authoritative,but the CODE has hilarity,that even the ULTIMATE can not take his,no matter how good,a truly top-notch,and secure shopping for all lovers of sweet perfume.And finally, to get back to the beginning,and in turn do not buying a perfume without testing,as long as you want,and even if it was GIORGIO ARMANI,my old friend from the nineties.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it smells vanilla,some chocolate.But vanilla smells little syntetic,
if u like this scent u can try or buy givenchy play intense(really lomg lasting).
greets from istanbul

iMaverick
iMaverick

It smelled terrible. Granted, AND luckily, I tested it on a blotter. At first sniff I recoiled at the intensity of the cedar. Armani Code had become intense, dense, cheap-smelling, and generic by making it "Ultimate". Armani Code already had its distinct character. I never wore the original because it wasn't to my taste, but it had admirable qualities.

Armani has won another jewel on its crown of flanker-mania. A really sad addition.

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

Terrible!!! I really love Armani Code, but this one it's something totally different.....Too strong, too heavy, too much. The original scent looses its personality and special touch and becomes a simple style excercise without soul and elegance. Fired!!!

marioslg3
marioslg3

delicous and nice, sweet and attractive but cousin of 1 million again....better in my taste of 1 million with higher quality, not from the start but on the drydown, they are close, not identical but the one reminds the other.
someone may say that this has nothing to do with 1 million but more or lesss, are on the same notes in terms of smell. the only difference is the flowery notes in this and the light relation with the original.

steve0580
steve0580

Not so great. I have Armani Code and I'm very fond of it - it smells very nice.

Armani Code Ultimate is a different story. It smelled nice on the spray card but after wearing it myself, the dry down was awful.

I'm not sure what they tweaked for this one but it's a definite fail in my book.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

This fragrance surprised me. Keep in mind this does smell like the original mixed with a little 1 million and hints of vanilla. Very very nice. The first night i wore it i got compliments. And it lasted all day. Sillage is good. Longevity even better. I've heard this is similar to DHI and i dont see that at all! It may follow a similar path from slighly powdery to a sweet vanilla dry down but no way close to DHI. None the less, a very great fragrance.

kida2010
kida2010

Its basically Armani Code - again lol
Pretty linear, very strong, gets up my nose after a while.
But yeah pretty much smells the same, maybe a bit more refined and smoother.

sleazenrapture
sleazenrapture

This scent is gorgeous and it lasts FOREVER. It projects for hours on end and stays on clothes for weeks!

I really get the cedar and tonka bean in this. It has the perfect amount of 'sweetness' for a male scent.

le peeU
le peeU

A bold masterpiece is what I have to say about this scent. Armani should have taken this perfume and disassociated it with “the code”.

The dry down is when I really start to appreciate the scent. Beautiful use of vanilla and Tonka beans.

For me it lasted a good eight hours. I would recommend this is a great pick for the fall and winter.

Nothing but romance in the bottle!

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

It's a great classic men's scent.

Strong.

Masculine.

Clean.

Smoldering.

Etc.

But, I will say....its almost too strong...some of you appreciate that it lasts and lasts and lasts, but after awhile I got sick of the scent.

leecher88
leecher88

i smelled it today and its really amazing !

I wont buy it just because its from Armani and i want to stay away from brands like D&G , Armani, JPG, Hugo Boss and so on

Its an orienal sexy warm one with a touch of sweetness and dark for sure,

It woill be good to wear it at night for example romantic dinner, clubbing, and something like this

recommend it for boys/men which have dark hair (especially black hair ) , latino guys, latino looking guys,

Your should wear something elegant and if you would wear a dark button shirt then you would be perfect to be described as " MYSTERIOUS " Try it out

I think a lot of women would be amazed by you !!

Imagine he following situation you go out at night and get to know to a new woman and you tell her something but only a little information about you so that she wants to know more and more, because you seem mysterious and you could be Anyone or THE ULTIMATE ONE !!! And the story goes on ..... Now your turn to tell here everybody what happened when you wear this fragrance

andronicos

I prefer the original one.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Very oriental. It almost smells chocolate.

alessio l
alessio l

Onestly i don't see any resemblance with Paco or other fragrances.

This is only the original one more potent, it has a strong "talco" smell on the opening.

The original, is one of my favourites and it's better than this.

darlosu
darlosu

Longevity - 9/10
Sillage - 8/10
Scent - 8/10

jodsan
jodsan

better than the original! It has also a good staying power and sillage. Best used on cold days

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

I tried it when it arrived to my country. It immediatly reminded my of a stronger version of Armani Code. But in the final notes it's more alike 212 VIP Men. Actually a awesome perfume I decided to buy it right away. For thoses lovers of Armani Code and 212 VIP Men, this is a great substitute.

Rankn504
Rankn504

what a joke!! First spray jus ;like 1 million and than it dries down to something really sweet and almost feminine. Wasn't impressed definatly a FAIL!!!

drofwonders
drofwonders

FINALLY, CODE'S POTENTIAL REALIZED! Years ago when Armani Code (original) came out, it was a really well-blended fragrance, but a bit on the "thin" side. Back then, I wished they would have built the fragrance with a higher concentration of oils, like the Houses of Creed and Bond #9. Now, years later (and after waaaay too many flanker fragrances, each of which diminishes the good reputation of the original), Armani has released a version of Code that realized the full potential of the original! How amazing this fragrance is, and the lingering of the fragrance as well as the development of it is nothing less than a work of art and a treat to the sense of smell. In short, it has all the upside of the original, and is more intense (in a great way) and long lasting. Plus, there's no musk here (which is a plus for my body chemistry . . . musk turns rancid on my skin). Actually, this update will make Creed and Bond green with envy. One mild word of warning. It's carries a steeper pricetag than most popular fragrances, but it's worth every penny of what you pay! Buy it and savor it for yourself!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

As I am now looking for Autumn/Fall fragrances I tested this today and it is going to be my next purchase. Your getting a stronger version of the original code and the dry down is amazing. Woodsy, sweet, powdery. The projection and sillage is good too.
Very sexy scent and perfect for evenings out.

armaniboy
armaniboy

Yes!this is armani code intensified.With traces of 1million and 212VIP lurking in the back.I wasn't impressed by the opening, nor by the middle notes.What i really liked was the intensified base.This is more leathery less fresh than the original.The initial
1million vibe does not fade-only hours later when the fragrance settles into a nice,warm, comforting, sexy(original code) base.not bad not great either.If you love code you will love this.

bay224
bay224

I wore this today and 2 people detected Armani code. They knew it was code. It's Armani code, but stronger. If the original is already strong, there is no need to get this until you finish that one. This is a very very popular cologne, so you aren't getting anything new. People will definitely know what you have on. I do like it, but i just don't like when people can easily recognize my scent.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A creamy, sexy frag which has an alluring start and beautiful drydown...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-2 Hours - 1.5 Foot projection, strong yet subtle, sexy, alluring, kinda hits the heart strings.. This is 85% the same as the originial but is better, more piercing to some extent, not as creamy but more sexy, cool, trendy and loveable

2 hours - 4 hours - 3 inch projection, still enough to be noticed and around you, but this is no powerhouse after 2 hours

4 hours - 6 hours - 1 inch projection

6 hours - 9 hours- Beautiful drydown, a little frutiness comes in and makes it creamy-tangy - it is so wonderful and cool, Unisex even

Better than the original IMHO

jonr951
jonr951

I absolutely want this one for the holiday season. It is FAR TOO strong for the warm weather right now so I'll definitely be waiting to get this one when it gets a whole lot chillier in my neck of the woods. It was really love at first whiff, which doesn't really happen that much with me, for me with Ultimate Code. It definitely dries down to the original Code but boy is the top really wonderful stuff. Strong and powdery just like the original. I wish I had gotten me a sample so I could test it more and more. Drat! I'm sure hoping Ultimate isn't a limited edition. I enjoy it far too much to not be able to always have it. : )

dmoman
dmoman

This one gives a simular vibe as Dior Homme intense, not same scent though. It almost had that makeup note like DHI but was much softer, nicely done. Goes through its progression very well, classy. The only thing that this one can't beat DHI is that it doesn't project as much or it doesn't last as long but its still good in longevity. It is however a safer scent. This one so far has started off in the dislike range, why its a good scent.

$$
$$

i think this is the best code ever.its all about the dry down very smooth.

neto_sa20
neto_sa20

Is a great scent! Reminds me of the Allure Homme Sport Eua Extreme with a little bit of the original Armani Code. Very Sexy fragrance.
Good Projection, around 2 hours and a longevity of about 6-8hours :D
I'm happy with it! Hope you all like it too.

andronicos

Is there any sexier perfume than the original armani code?

Armani Code Ultimate by Giorgio Armani 4.01 out of 5 based on 444 ratings and 94 user reviews

ARMANI CODE ULTIMATE for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT INTENSE SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ARMANI CODE ULTIMATE for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT INTENSE SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Armani Code Ultimate Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Intense Spray for Men
Perfume WorldWide
Perfume WorldWide
Sephora.com, Inc.
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
ARMANI CODE ULTIMATE for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT INTENSE SPRAY 2.5 OZ
ARMANI CODE ULTIMATE for MEN by Giorgio Armani EDT INTENSE SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Armani Code Ultimate Cologne by Giorgio Armani, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Intense Spray for Men
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Code Ultimate, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Code Ultimate by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Code Ultimate by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.