Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Armani Eau Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men

Armani Eau Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

I have it: 385 I had it: 414 I want it: 147 My signature: 18

Armani Eau Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Armani Eau Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Eau de toilette Armani Eau Pour Homme is the great classics of male perfumes. Its composition is sharp citrus aromatic one. Spontaneous and grand refreshment greets you at the top, brought to you by citruses: Sicilian mandarin, Californian green lemon, bergamot and petit grain (citrus leaf). The freshness of citruses is smoothened by orange blossom. At the heart there are elegant jasmine and lavender, accompanied by spices: nut, coriander, cinnamon and clove. The base is filled with warm sandalwood and masculine cedar, vetiver, oakmoss and patchouli that give the fragrance depth and natural feeling. It was created in 1984. The nose behind this fragrance is Roger Pellegrino.

Mandarin Orange Green Orange Basil Bergamot Lemon

Agua Fresca

Armani Eau Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A nice, clean, soapy scent with a darker masculine heart. It opens with gentle floral-citrus notes, light herbs, spices. Classic, elegant, discreet and unintrusive, with a general softness which makes it remarkably graceful and relaxed. The darker earthy base is light, but detectable, giving the right amount of "masculine substance" to the scent. Nothing new or breathtaking, but surely a totally modern and versatile signature scent, refined and good quality (at least its vintage version). I agree with Luca Turin noticing a close similarity to Eau Sauvage – or better say, a bit of a washed down version of Dior's milestone. Still pretty good, though.

7,5/10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Out of all Armani's fragrance, Armani Eau Pour Homme by far one of the most exquisite and graceful men's fragrance from his line!! My friend ericrico's review on this fragrance is absolutely right on. His last comment about a modern day classic is simply humbling in my opinion.
The opening notes of bergamot/lemon gives the fragrance a very aromatic scent. This frag is beautifully well mixed with notes of vetiver, nutmag and oakmoss give it a very fresh clean herbal/spicy vib making it STUPENDOUS!!!
To give this fragrance the most ELEGANT, SOFT AND DESIRABLE aroma , the notes of lavender, jasmine as well as sandalwood complete this fragrance making it absolutely AMAZING.
longevity is very high...silage is moderate making it very pleasing during the summer/fall months especially during the daytime.
Overall thoughts,
The fragrance is truly a global success which is still going strong since its creation back in 84'. The lemony/herbal aromatic scent is DEFINITELY a true GEM!!! I can't think of any fragrances that came out around the same time still going strong as Armani Eau Pour Homme. Rating this frag comes down to one word...ORIGINAL.....9/10

Rerik
Rerik

I have tried the first version. It smells like H pour Hommes which is claimed to be fougere royale by Houbigant. Armani starts with a blast of mandarin. It dries down like H pour Hommes. Which means that it's a typical fougere. With lots of lavender.

osiris5
osiris5

This perfume has some great class.
It is really a nice and good perfume. Whether you wear the original or the newer version, they both have some great class.
When y spray it, it opens with a powerful freshness based on that typical Italian-citric note. In the middle there is some soapy-flowery note coming through. Then something typical happens. If y like Acqua de Parma Colonia then you are lucky. Because in the dry down, EpH is in the dry down almost similar to AdPC. It has that fresh powdery scent that ends with some fine musk and sandalwood.
Wow what a nice perfume and i think the best they ever made in this house.
When to wear? Al the time whether it be in wintertime or summertime. And it is perfect for formal occasions.

ed
ed

Recently bought a new bottle of Armani Eau Pour Homme. It is just as beautiful and refreshing as I remembered it to be 10 years ago. Previously, I recalled poor longevity, which is why I went several years without buying any - but perhaps I simply wasn't using enough.... so anyway, I went ahead and applied about 8 sprays this morning, and it lasted at least 8 hours. This fragrance is never offensive, sickly or overpowering, it's just so fresh. Being a fan of potent frags like Dior's Fahrenheit and Givenchy's original Insense (in effect an eau de parfum), I was aware of the need to use more sprays that I'm accustomed to.

I'm surprised this frag hasn't done better in the ratings above. It's like an aromatic summer breeze in an Italian citrus grove, but it's not boring - there's more to it. In no way does it smell like lemon washing up liquid, like some citrus frags do, nor does it smell simply of oranges and lemons. I think it's the bergamot and petitgrain that add complexity - it's a very natural smell. Someone below said it smelled synthetic, I totally disagree. I used to own a huge collection of natural essential oils and this frag is clearly based on pure extracts. By no means do I smell all the listed notes, but I rarely do. The 'top' notes do dominate, and perhaps that's its downfall, but to be fair that's the case with most citrus perfumes. In my opinion, it can be unwise to make the bass notes of a citrus fragrance too strong - the result can sometimes contaminate the initial effect. I find this to be the case with Guerlain's famous Vetiver, for example, where the initial lemon has a strange and slightly dirty smell, perhaps due to the tobacco flower in the bass.

As an Armani, most department stores and large pharmacy chains in the UK do sell this. I suggest you sample a tester.

Although marketed to men, it's such a fresh smell practically anyone could potentially wear it. It's not a teen fragrance though, it's a bit too classy for school (no offense!!).

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

My husband's signature perfume for almost 20 years now...
Love it , Love him! <3

Redbeard
Redbeard

This stuff's really nicely composed, though maybe not quite interesting enough for me to buy. Bokaba may be right about it being a less-sweet Monsieur de Givenchy, and I'd also say it's a tad more floral. It opens with a nice natural leafy lime: a crisp, starched-shirt kind of smell, almost completely unsweet. It also contains a mineral, grayish-green watery plant note which, to me, foreshadows the cucumber portion of the "cucumber melon" shampoos, lotions, etc. which have arisen in more recent years. This brew lies somewhere between a classic citrus Eau de Cologne, and things like Bulgari and Gendarme that I categorize as clean, professional background scents. I waved a sprayed test strip of this at my parents, and my dad thought the soapiness was too harsh. Right at the beginning, I'll agree with him, but this aspect subsides as the scent progresses. Eventually, very little of the citrus is left, and only the grayish mineralic plant aura remains, with a little extra vetiver and wood.
In a suprising parallel to Bulgari, the marble-like grayish packaging fits the scent uncannily well. The lack of silver accents and the presence of the brown motley inhomogeneities match the slightly more organic character of Armani compared to the warmer but more impersonal Bulgari. The other analogy I draw is to Tuscany; I think Armani is how I expected Tuscany to smell before it turned out more musty and less citrusy than I wanted.

shibinabraham
shibinabraham

bought this in a jiffy, cause it smells of beautiful fresh citrus skins at the initial stage. but that's about it. the dry-down reminds of powdery lavender (not fond of powdery scents) all the way round. projection is really poor and longevity is a 3-5 hr period.

Ichariot

I tried this few years ago, I couldn't get much out of it.

Now I tried it again, I do like it. It's sharp with the lemon notes, but not fresh. It's slightly bitter and earthy with the mosses and woods. It's masculine and classy. Not overly seductive or sexy, but rather sophisticated and stylish. I think it'd be greatly versatile for almost any kind of occasion, day or night.

Solid, reliable, comfortable, approachable, masculine, timeless. Good run for the money, no gimmicks here!

JohnMc

I read a story about this fragrance as worn by the Legendary Italian Football (Soccer in the US) player Franco Baresi. Apparently he used to annoy opposing attacking players who during the course of a game would be engaged in a duel with him to try to score a goal in the part of the pitch that he was so elegantly defending - defending to the strong whiff of this very same fragrance. So consistent with the man himself. When he retired from AC Milan, they retired his shirt number - so his legend lives on and is the milestone by which all other Milan players are judged. This fragrance lives on and is a true classic - timeless and peerless in equal measure.

Theperfumeman
Theperfumeman

Totally agree with carloblanche below.

To me an overall 9/10

Especially (for those in India) if you are getting it at as much a bargain as Snapdeal is selling it at.

ericrico
ericrico

A brilliant composition that exudes taste, class and epitomizes the word, "distinguished". This is the scent that you gracefully apply with a black Giorgio Armani tuxedo on a red carpet...refinement and masculine beauty captured in liquid essence. However, what makes it truly outstanding is that you could wear your favorite, comfortable pair of jeans, loafers and a white t-shirt to a patio lunch while wafting this aroma. Warm weather preferred - but one could wear this indoors year-round. It is, somehow, brillianty casual and also very proper. While some scents can 'wear you' or fall into either strictly formal or casual - this is a scent that the wearer, the man, defines. I see both sides of this as I realize that this wonderful creation from 1984 (nearly 30 years ago) is truly exemplified by the man who wears it, his attire, confidence and taste (as well as occasion).

When Roger Pelligreno created this, Aromatic Citrus scents were full of wonderful richness - oakmoss, sandalwood, and woody vetiver. I am lucky to have older juice (Vintage) and can attest to its wonderful ambiance. It is shades of brilliant pastel citruses, with blooms of florals & a rich base of green moss and light, warm wood.

The newer bottle I have is batch-coded to March, 2006. It lists Oakmoss and Tree Moss on the box and next to the Vintage, it is slightly more lemony and hollow, but still wonderful, articulate and a nice vibe. It is more distinctly, 'Citrus', with shades of bright yellow from the lemon and green zest from bergamot with the warmth of orange. Longevity of that bottle can be somewhat fleeting - but, herein lies the "problem", for some, with virtually all Aromatic Citrus scents. I, personally, don't mind that it lasts for a few hours. The glimpse of beauty can be enjoyed for an occasion and then reapplied/refreshed - it makes the wearing more vibrant as you can reinvigorate the wonderful citrus, florals, spices and green herbs. Still, a wonderful scent with great shades and hues in that bottle!

I do get more longevity out of Vintage - but also enjoy a liberal wearing and refreshing it as well. To me, that is the beauty of Aromatic Citruses (Vintage or more recent). I will not buy the current bottling as ALL oakmoss and tree moss has been removed. IFRA should be ashamed. The oakmoss, wood and vetiver create a nice base that breathes on my skin. Not loud - but it doesn't need to be. This wears as a refined Aromatic Citrus should - fresh, vibrant and very natural tonality. Not too high-pitched. The warmth from the spices carry through to the base of wood, moss, herbaceous patchouli, radiant light musk and vetiver. The middle of this fragrance is smooth, with a full bouquet, including an ornate lily note and a light rose bloom.

The appreciation I have for this is very high. I call it a 'reference citrus' as it seems to pull great qualities and notes out of a lot of compositions I adore, but present them uniquely and add even more to many of them. It is, unto itself, perfect. I will not compare this to any other scents, just formulations (Vintage to Recent bottlings). True excellence in a composition...the only requirement to wear this is to simply have good taste.

Armani Eau Pour Homme...timeless. A modern classic from a house that exudes class. Cheers.

vonMises
vonMises

"Eau de toilette Armani Eau Pour Homme is [one of] the great classics of male perfumes." {From the description above.}

Exactly. There is no aspect of this that is not disarmingly beautiful. Brilliant.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I quite like this one from armani. It opens up very green like grass with a really sharp lemony citrus note in there that brightens it up. The opening is very strong and projects like a beast.

After about 20 mins or so it wears off and the fragrance becomes more woody and spicy. The dry down is a very nice and earthy like scent but it is very close to my skin. I can also detect the mossy note in this vintage version however I can not detect it in the new version of this I think because oak moss was band. The new version is the exact same apart from the oak moss.

nice fresh spicy earthy scent that lasts a good 5 or 6 hours. visit my website mrproductreview.com

Murk123
Murk123

Got a 5ml(1.7 FL OZ) in a mini gift set, I have to say it reminded me alot like Aramis which my dad wears because of its citrous like smell and even Versace Green Jeans and again because you can smell the orange/lime/lemon like notes in there.
Not bad but I can see the older and more mature crowd wearing it.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This is my favorite Armani fragrance. I have worn it since the early 90's. I wear it in the summer because it smells fresh and lemony. It is classic and sexy. I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear it.

Beypazari
Beypazari

Best male fragnance ever, so masculine, so sexy, so powerful, describes an alpha male, even slightest whiff on a man drives me crazy, so dangerous, so animal that this be banned from wearing during the day.

Thiago Mendes
Thiago Mendes

Gosto muito desse perfume.
Bem legal pra usar durante o dia.

Aroma: 8,5/10
Fixacao: 6,5/10
Projecao: 6,5/10

Remie9
Remie9

Not bad, but not that good. Its fresh and reminds me of my childhood perfume 'Bien etre'. Very Citrus like and lasts long enough but remains close to the skin.

orestes
orestes

In 2013 oak moss banned by IFRA,purchase this fragrance as you can,the loss of oak moss will be change the charm of this fragrance!

williamvargas
williamvargas

i forget about this one, it is such a pleasing fragrance, very fresh and clean citrus smell, lasts a reasonable amount of time similar to other citrus blends that i have experienced, i still have a bottle that is about half full, i really like this one alot and it is a refreshing change to wear this one.so many nice citrus fragrances on the market, but this one really does not take a back seat to anything new that i can think of along these lines. a good standby that will not offend and very pleasing in an office environment, people will just say you smell good..thumbs up and worth a sniff. i guess it depends on what people expect, often it gets compared to now a day citrus blends, but this one was from the mid 80's..
reminds me a bit of the original gucci fragrance from the late 70's...

kida2010
kida2010

Gorgeous smell, its a mature scent but a bright citric one not just old man woods like so many. I still personally love it, my 1st bottle was back in 1998 so its bound to have been reformulated since then.
You get a lemony bright woody masculine smell as the lemon dies down a bit the vetiver and woods kick in.
Been a while since i wore it but every time i catch a whiff im transported back to a damp autumn evening making my way home in the rain with this on my neck.
Could easily work all year round though.

kigyo
kigyo

To me this is the one to beat. The Grand Standard of men's cologne. I've been looking and looking for over 26 years now to find something similar in all qualities. Let me know if you have a suggestion, please.

LANIER
LANIER

The uniquely plaintive train whistle echoes thought the huge train shed of Stazione Termini Roma. The doors with an airy whishing close and with the second whistle blast the sleek Ferrari red Italo bullet train begins to wheel like a silky sliver of light from cocoon of the station. Suddenly, like any city in the world, the backside view of Rome appears. Across the rows of polished steel tracks the walls and roofs of the city begin to slide away with increasing speed, crumbly, golden and eternal, farewell Roma. Onward the train glides toward the final destination of Venice.

The train at top speed cuts with surging power and grace though the beautiful central valley of Italy that lies between the Apennines and the costal mountains. This deep lipstick red machine is now speeding along at a smooth imperceptible 250 miles an hour. Quietly it banks like a private jet gently and with much less noise it takes a turn. With each turn left then right it becomes a waltz across the landscape Train attendants move along in their chic uniforms with carts overflowing with snacks and beverages. Everyone on the train except the tourists are thoughtfully and beautifully dressed. Outside trees, and farms and hills and towns fly buy in a beautiful kaleidoscopic whiz of green light and terracotta shadow. The glamour of train travel is alive and well in Italy.

In no time at all the Duomo of Florence appears on the right side of the train. In the station and out again and on over the pass in the Mountains between Florence and Bologna. There are high towers in the city of Bologna that lean too. Pisa has no exclusive rights on leaning towers in Italy. Bologna's can be seen high against the sky as the train rolls out of the station to cut across the Po Valley and into the Veneto.

As the train leaves the mainland and ventures like Cupids arrow straight for the heart of La Serenissima the city shines on the lagoon. In moments the passengers are descending from the train and moving caught up in the bustling throng, though the station and out onto the Grand Canal. The whole world has changed with this startling view of Venice accept the legendary style of Italy and her people. They like Rome are eternal.

In its classic men’s perfume from 1984 Armani Eau Pour Homme, the fashion house of Giorgio Armani captured all the style and refined polish one finds in a train trip across Italy. Sleek, elegant and powerful this fragrance has it all. It pops on the skin at first spray, the top notes of mandarin, green orange, basil, bergamot, lemon all conspire to create what I can only describe as jalapeno peppers. This surprising accord almost lost me the first time I tried it on but it was as it turned out just a little lurch of the train leaving the station. I was willing to overlook this in anticipation of the journey ahead. Up from the bottom notes comes the sandalwood to smooth and calm the top notes. This note like a good train conductor stays always present for the rest of the journey.

As the opening notes die away and leave the sandalwood to greet the most powerful of the heart notes jasmine, and lily it moves to its restrained presentation which makes it stand out against the other overwhelming power fragrances of the 80’s. These two notes hold court over the more subtle rose, nutmeg cumin and clove. Here it is close to the skin and will remain so. As the journey though the heartland continues enter the notes of cedar, oak moss and musk. This lasts a good four to five hours. As the train begins to loose steam in the dry down there is just a whispered memory of jasmine and sandalwood left and they find support in a hint of patchouli musk and vetiver. At about 6 hours the ride is over.

The first time I tried Armani Eau Pour Homme I found it to be a bit of a disappointment. That was two months ago. As time went by I would come back to it and try it again. Finally I was in tune with its subtle style. Like the extraordinary suits and elegant gowns of Armani it is all about understated elegance.

FOUR GOLD STARS ****

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A classic, mature barber shop style frag from the 80's which lasts a long time but stays mostly close to the skin..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-15 mins - Close to the skin

15 mins- 2.5 hours - Comes to life now and projects 1 foot, though not so strong. This is a classic common place aroma, mature and ages 60-70. It's a soapy blended barber shop frag, and I get little notes listed, and I personally don't find anything interesting about this frag, sorry

2.5 hours - 3.5 hours - 7 inch projection. I get some note seperation now, which is like ginger (not listed) so maybe the orange and cinammon

3.5 hours - 7.5 hours - 2 inch projection

7.5 hours - 8.5 hours - Close to skin. More spicier now and at the end I get some citrus

IMHO I don't consider this to be a citrus frag- its more classic barber shop and stays mostly linear.

Not for me

Migalex
Migalex

Very lemony for the first fifteen minutes, and pronounced nutmeg and lavender scent afterwards. The citric notes become almost undetectable after a while, at least to me. I might like it if they lasted longer, since I am not fond of the heart and the drydown. To me it is more of a woody aromatic than citrus aromatic. I do not find the scent distinctive, there being hundreds if not thousands of similar scents. And as for the comparison with YSL pour homme, apart from the citric opening, I do not find them similar at all. In my opinion, YSL is an earthy patchouly scent totally different from Armani pour homme. Personally, I like YSL pour homme infinitely better. I find it better blended, rounder, softer and more plesant, as well as being a much less common type of scent at least these days. I find the staying power of Armani pour homme very poor. After a couple of hours, It is only slightly noticeable on my skin, which usually keeps the scent for quite a longtime.

stayclose
stayclose

This is what I get from gafm. The notes that stand ou for me are lemon, bergamot, basil, and sandalwood. I can smell slightly smell the musk but its there along with mild sweetnes to it.
This is how I feel while wearing it. Sophisticated casual frlitation with life but also the seriousnes of a mature agin man.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This review is for the vintage version. Here we have a old school, citrus, herbal offering with Lavendar accord that was @ that time the envy of a citrus man's cologne. Given that this fragrance reeks of ITALIAN, I see a well dressed man in his Armani suit & wearing Armani Eau Pour Homme.

It starts out with that lemon/herbal vibe which I am assuming it is the basil. Kind of strong stuff to a degree at the beginning, but do not let it discourage you as most fumes start out strong yet can be misleading. The Lavendar creeps in which I do not care for along with some woods to give it a interesting edge. Then comes the Oakmoss which in todays world of perfume it is extinct...

IMO the Oakmoss which was used in many old school perfumes gave them distinction. It is sad that particular ingredient can no longer be used in perfumes. THANK GOODNESS FOR VINTAGES! :) This last about 5-6 hours on me & the projection seems to be low to medium. I wore this to a business meeting not long ago & was complimented twice. It serves it's purpose for what it does. Day wear in the spring/summer days.

However, the modern version of this is nothing but synthetic water to my nose... Not pleasant by a long shot. If you truly want to experience this make sure it is a vintage bottle. Also this competes with the great Eau Savage from Christian Dior as they share alot of the same qualities, if I had to choose one over the other,it would be Armani Eau Pour Homme. As nice as Eau Savage is, it's longevity is not as good compared to this & I am referring to the vintage Savage.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

I have a deodorant spray which I use along with an EDT.
I am nowhere near as good as many people here when it comes to detecting and naming the notes in scents.

To me the fragrance seems linear but it is a really good one for me, almost great.

It certainly has a lemon/citrus aroma but rather muddled, as in, it is detectable but other notes seem to keep it from being a "clean/bright" type of citrus.

Definetely not teenage type of scent.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

When you first spray it on it has really strong citrus notes, which will last for about 30 minutes. Then it settles down into a citrusy vetiver for about 30 minutes. 30 minutes later and you'll not even know you sprayed anything on.

It's not that it smells bad, because it doesn't. It does smell like something someone "mature" would wear. But most importantly, what kept me from loving it was simply that it's one of the shortest lasting fragrances I've owned.

Ichariot

It's a fine scent. The top notes presented me (and my friend) with a huge rush of mosquito spray, but I knew it'd change after the drydown, which it did.

This is a classic scent I would imagine to be worn by mature, maybe even elderly men. Kind, reliable, steadfast and pleasing.

The scent does not suit me personally, it lacks mystique, character (even if it is recognizeable) and most of all, it lacks balls. Easily apprehendable and approachable, doesn't impress me that much :)

Great scent for those who are fit to carry it.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

It's been a while since I've bought Armani Pour Homme (it's one of the most expensive out there), but I don't remember having any problems with longevity.

Bottom line - I love it. I think it's another great classic Italian fragrance, along the lines of Acqua di Parma and Carthusia Uomo, all of which I'm a fan of.

That said, it IS definitely "classic" scent in the sense that it suits a more "mature man" better, I suppose. It's definitely a fragrance for MEN, not boys.

ckman2011

وأخيرا وبالصدفه في أحد المحلات تعرفت عليه

هو عطري القادم بكل تأكيد

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I've had the Armani Pour Homme now for a few months. I really enjoy this one. It is stronger and more bold than most of the frags I enjoy. At first I am hit by the Citrus, then the sandlewood and vetiver really stand out. Very nice balance, sillage and longevity.

jMacSA
jMacSA

Great scent. Almost lemony if I recall correctly. But the longevity is useless. I tried drowning myself in it but to no avail. Just doesn't last long enough.

tomerits
tomerits

world class perfume,timeless scent.imho the best from armani house,suitable for all season but will "shine" in summer time.one of the best citrus scent ever made. absolutely love it.
my rank 5/5.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

✮✮✮✮✮
Armani pour Homme is absolutely timeless, an evergreen - and I guess it will always be. You can love it, you can detest it, but it will always be, without a doubt, an absolutum amongst all eau de toilettes. This effect is magic.

f.t.g
f.t.g

good

joyjoyjoy
joyjoyjoy

it's the only perfume which i buy again and again !!!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I remember the first time I smelled this on a professor friend of mine and asked him "What is that scent you are wearing?" He seemed a little embarrassed like maybe he had over-sprayed, but I assured him it was fabulous. It has been a favorite scent of mine for my husband ever since. I just adore it on him. It's classic, refined, beautiful, sexy and worldly. I think it's a masterpiece.

twlahue
twlahue

smells like soap. Clean, fresh, masculine.
my wife did not really like it much, to mature for her taste.

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

A very outdated smell from the 80s. Smells better on older men than younger men. Good to wear to the office or formal events.

oxm
oxm

Armani eau pour homme .... what to say?
The quintessence of elegance, wonder what's wrong when you wear it is really amazing, you can hear the notes of citrus and fresh herbs caressing smell in a sublime way, I agree with those who compares it to Eau Sauvage by Dior, but Armani eau pour homme is warm and enveloping, it gives the impression that you should have exit after a hot bath when the steam line to the wall tiles, a feeling of clean refreshing, revitalizing and energizing citrus that gives a big thanks to relax ...
To enjoy, perhaps in a place surrounded by nature in order to better understand similarities and contrasts ...
Adapts to every season in a surprising way.
fabulous

Yan9
Yan9

This is a great scent for mature man. The legendary fragrance makes a statement. Nice clean citrusy scent with great projection and longevity. The citrus notes are well done here. Dry down is impressive. This scent reminds me of Eau Savage for sure. Kids should think twice before wearing this stuff.

paulsmith1964
paulsmith1964

I love this fragrance. As does my ex-girlfriend which is why I wear it each time I see her in my vain attempt to win her back!

Scents are very evocative and can promote an instant memory recall. This one always brings back VERY happy memories.

I've read others' comments about this not lasting too long but I find that's not the case for me... maybe my skin reacts in a different way but I can smell it still after many hours.

It's a lovely, clean, fresh smell but with an underlying warmth so that's it's not too "green".

My all time favourite!

JohnMc

A 'grown-up' scent, bot not in a stuffy way. Strong citruses and woods are the most prominent notes for me. It's very manly, but holds back just enough not to fall into the Polo or Paco Rabanne 80's overload trap that has dated some of that eras offerings. I found the prominent top notes to be comforting, strong (without dominating) and very clean in their staying power and projection. I couldn't imagine a woman swooning over this, but for those days when you want something clean without being a god-awful generic 'aqua' derivative scent, this works great.If I'm honest this is for me, a better version of 'Eau Savage' - sorry for the heresy there folks - I like it still, this just feels a better citrus for me.

ION
ION

It doesn't do much, "Allure Edition Blanche" doesn't do better, but the design of the bottle is fine!

dmdipentino@verizon.net
dmdipentino@verizon.net

I don't know what a lot of these people are saying, but.., from what I remember of my bottle of Armani was.....
"boring!"
clean..., yes.
citrus..., def. 'grapefruit'..., but, that was all there was too it!
and power.., none!
It had the shortest staying power than any other scent that I can remember.
Like spraying on citrus water.
sorry, I don't see, ( smell ) all of those 'other' notes at all!

I am still kicking myself for NOT getting this, for $14.99 USD for a 50 ml bottle, at a grey market store 18 months ago. I had NO idea, then, what it was and after running home and looking it up and RUSHING back to the store...it was GONE! *wipes tear from cheek*

Luckily, this is still available (OR WAS) at a major beauty retailer in the closest city to me; and I got a nice spray decant from that store manager and hope to get a full bottle, sooner than later. I believe this is the "newer" version, but still...it is simply stunning!

Utterly citric and green on the first spray, THIS is what all citrus aromatics should aspire to emulate! Bright, jazzy, sparkling citruses cascading and cavorting all around you surrounded by the warm green freshness of basil...YUM! For something that came out in the 80's this is powerful; but not a powerhouse! It is classic in its manliness...yet clean and sharp and so very nice. When this begins to dry, a rather soapy lavender joins hands with a dry carnation as other less intense (but still lovely) feminine florals sing softly in the background. I do not get cinnamon, so much, as the dried nutmeg (warm smooth spicy/sweetness) that falls gently on the floral procession like a light spiced snow. The drydown, here sounds ho-hum, but is really well done with the dry pungency of oak moss mixing with the smoky and very sexy vetiver. There are some woods and musk also; mostly sandalwood and some cedar wood, and the musk is squeaky clean (as musk can get) and the patchouli (if any) whispers "sexy" and is gone! My nose is saying "hmmm, AdP's COLONIA gets an Armani make-over"!

Sillage: great
Longevity: impressive
Overall: 4.75/5

For a citrus aromatic this is amazing, citruses are either "hit" or "miss" on my skin...and THIS is a hit, for sure, straight out of the park!! Once again, I sigh (deeply) and say: "They don't make them like THAT anymore" and THAT is such a shame. Dated? I think not...unless, of course, smelling CLEAN classy and sexy has gone out of style while I wasn't looking.

Eau Pour Homme is something every man should have in his fragrance rotation. It is perfect for spring and summer and has enough OOMPH! to shine even on the coldest winter day. Work, play, a night on the town: it works for all of them. If you sniffed this before and said "No", I invite to visit it again (on skin) and let it develop and dry down completely...then sniff (deeply), exhale on it and sniff in again VERY s-l-o-w-l-y and softly and you will see (smell) exactly what I mean!

Grottola
Grottola

What more can I say? I've written two reviews on Basenotes already for Armani Eau Pour Homme, and all I really need to add is that it is, in my opinion, one of the finest masculine chypres out there (along with Eau Sauvage and Carthusia Numero Uno). The citrus and oakmoss combination in this is perfectly executed in this fragrance, one of the best I've ever smelled, and it lasts the whole way through! This fragrance lasts a while without having to be a powerhouse like its contemporaries, and smells so natural and beautiful. It can work in almost any occasion, too! It is by no means dated. As I said before, longevity is excellent and sillage is good.

What I like the most is the very "earthy", natural feel to it. You really can smell the citrus, oakmoss, and clove. There's no aromachemicals or heavy aldehydes to obstruct them. Armani Eau is a perfect fragrance for a beginner just getting into fragrances, as the individual notes are easy to pick out and identify.

Armani Eau Pour Homme is one of my favorite fragrances - and you can quote me on that. Just be sure to go vintage on this one, because the current version is a bit watered down compared to the original.

GMH
GMH

I loved the sour citrusy top notes on this one. Classicly Italian with good projection & moderate longevity.Even though it is a citrus aromatic, it has a classic chypre dry down that adds great depth. You could imagine being in a pine forest where Italian coastal winds had carried the aroma of an amalfi lemon grove right through it. The only drawback is the cinnamon & cloves notes in the dry down that make it a little too mature for myself, maybe 45-50+.Also you can pick up on the green citrus vibe in this which adds a refreshing touch. It would be great if a modern citrus aromatic was created with the finer points of this fragrance but to appeal to a wider age range.Very 80's in style & luxurious.I can see Tom Ford Grey Vetiver being the closest modern equivelent to this, which can be worn by a wider age range than Armani Eau PH.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Well, I am not a 100% fan of Armani's scents because I think they are too expensive (at least here in Brazil) for a poor duration, except Armani Code, which is very strong.

I received the Pour Homme as a gift from a friend and I have always heard about it and its complexity and quality. Now I have to admit that this one is very elegant, refined and well blended. The citrus notes are not overwelming as in YSL Pour Homme, for instance.

In Armani Pour Homme the notes are completely dedicated to create a result: elegance, sophistication, class, etc. I love the mix of cinnamom, patchouli, sandalwood, jasmine and nutmeg. In spite of being to close to the skin, it has a long lasting.

For those who not know, this cologne was originally created for Giorgio Armani before his decision of putting it in the market for everyone. Wonderful surprise!

TokoUnion
TokoUnion

I Feel The Breeze of Fall... Romantica of the Falling Leaves... I see the old HONGKONG

samihardanian
samihardanian

یک کار فوق العاده از آرمانی. با بوی بسیار دلنشین و دوست داشتنی

Julio Azul
Julio Azul

A masterpiece in a bottle.an elegand,clean,fresh and sophisticated fragrance.it opens with a lots of citruses that are staying till the drydown .in the middle very nice mixed spices and flowers give way to a base of precious woods.10/10.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

So much better when smelling the nozzle. Smelt very familiar, but very woody and man.
But once sprayed, citrus. That's ok let it dry off, it'll get better.
It did, the citrus dies off alot, and the wood and spice is now very evident.
Nice, classic, masculine smell, but that citrus spray is too much for my nose.

mehrdad
mehrdad

یادش بخیر
کاری ماندگار از جورجیا آرمنی دارای رایحه ای بسیار تازه و فرش که بیشتر این تازه گی و بوی طبیعت را مدیون رایحه بسیار قوی لیمو میباشد از این دست کارها و عطریات فرش و تازه تا کنون بسیار تولید شده است اما همچنان این محصول جزو بهترینها قرار دارد
کلاسیک
تازه و طبیعی
مردانه و با وقار
پخش بوی مناسب
دوام خوب

Armani eau de toiletteThe epitome of elegance and masculinity, Eau Pour Homme balances Sicilian tangerine, Californian green lemon and Italian bergamot with a cascade of robust spices and woody notes of sandalwood, cedar and oak moss for a fragrance that echoes the sophisticated luxury of Giorgio Armani fashion.
Mood: Timeless and refined. Clean citrus freshness.

به نقل از سایت جورجیا آرمنی

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

I started wearing Armani eau pou homme in college almost twenty-five years ago. I think part of the reason I fell in love with it back then was owing to the fact that I could recognize the main notes. Citrus is a very recognizable scent. Also, it was so different from the Polo, Aramis, and Drakkar Noir. So fresh and light in comparison.

The scent is fresh and vibrant citrus. Love the initial orange and lemon blast, and the faint jasmine and lavender under tones. I never really get any other individual notes, maybe some very mild sandalwood and cedar in dry down, thus I have to say they come together to make one incredible fragrance.

Like most of the fragrances I prefer, it gets better as the day progresses. For me it's a creamy citrus. Not tart. Not sweet. It's rich and luxurious with a lot of depth, but not heavy. It's for the man who knows what is worth having in life and goes after it. An instant classic.

I tend to think of it for Spring and Summer, but I occasionally wear it in Fall and Winter. For me it works then too.

Although I don't wear it as much now as I did back in the late 80's and early 90's, I don't ever go too long without it. I will continue to keep it on my dresser. I've worn it for so long I feel it's a part of who I am now. We've gone from young adulthood to midlife together. Here's to the next twenty-five years!

J Villalpe
J Villalpe

Hola, Armani eau pour homme es una fragancia que hace un gran maridaje con mi piel y personalidad. Tal vez no sea la mejor fragancia, sin embargo me agrada y acomoda mucho. Además fue el primer perfume, hace 16 años, que despertó en mi el interés por conocer las fragancias más a fondo; por aprender sobre las notas y escencias que las componen.
Armani pour homme es un clásico, fresco, elegante, bien ensamblado y muy agradable. Considero que es para hombres maduros aunque pueden usarlo los jovenes sin problemas.
No debe faltar en las colecciones masculinas o al menos hay que probarla en piel para conocerla y valorarla bien.
¡salud!

Cheeva
Cheeva

love this stuff, been in my rotation for years. It first stuns you with a lemony blast, then slowly gives way to a spicy , woodsy masculine scent. well balanced, meaning , you can wear it at the office or for a night out. this is a must try.

arad88
arad88

Great classic!! Way to go Armani.

andrevarx
andrevarx

It is too powerful citrus aroma, it can only be used by men very mature. A very rough version of Eau Sauvage by Dior.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A gorgeous mandarin/lemon luxurious fragrance - a real beaut. - A definite classic - One of the best citruses in the world!

guest_woodoo
guest_woodoo

Absolutely beautiful. I love this classic !!!

costaleo
costaleo

classic of all classics. I don't see myself wearing it on very special occasions, though. For me, it's a scent to be worn on a daily basis. I sometimes even wear it to sleep! Too expensive and I don't not understand why!

andy
andy

highly underrated and a HUGE classic. this scent is a perfect blend and very masculine. one thing with armani is it's ability to blend exotic and familiar notes and make outstanding scents and this is a knockout

SaintLue
SaintLue

It Dosnt fit me yet.I Love Armani Frangrances.Its my favorite Designer.Maybe in time it can fit me perfectly since the other ones seems to.I Guess im too young for it lol.Ill buy it in acouple years and see what happens.

ily_sb
ily_sb

a classic perfume , I like the smell but it makes me older somehow :P

Fabricio
Fabricio

This is unbeatable. My favorite fragrance so far. Crisp and fresh, elegant and cool. A Classic fit for the real elegant man. I am waiting for the day I will find a fragrance that arouses my senses and soul more than this one. My wife also loves it. I have already worn 4 complete 100 ml bottles of it.

Leni
Leni

I think this is a scent, that not everyone should wear. I've met guys and they smelled absolutely gorgeous, but others had a weird mix of their own body odour with this perfume and it's hard to really recognize the typical smell of this scent. But if it works on a guy, then it works really well and makes me go totally wild. ;-)

Eros
Eros

I dont think that it smells like an "old". It smells rather "expensive citric-green with acid added". The spectra is disbalanced but remains "expensive".
Causes headache for me.

ZeeK
ZeeK

I wore it today for a try as its winter here, wrong choice indeed for a winter but perfect for summer days. It sticks with your personality and generates a sensual aroma when develops with your body heat, longevity is Good! Citrus opening that is of course very fresh and very sexy, it dries down to such a masculine fragrance that is of high caliber. Armani EPH is a true classic and original fragrance. Highly recommended for romantic wear but for an Executive Date.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I still love this scent! Classic, traditional, conservative, discreet, some might say a bit boring but hey, it is Armani after all, you know what you get. Very nice citrus top notes that give way to Lavender, woods and peppers. Definitely a summmer and summer only perfume that sadly does not last very long but you do not want a heavy frangrance in the heat of summer, do you? Perfect with an Armani Linen suit in white or beige.

LORENA
LORENA

This is a classic perfume... It is different to all new fruity or synthetic fragrances... you can smell clearly the lavender notes.... I think it is suitable for mature men... and for men who want to smell good and not being noticed because although it is a long lasting scent it isn´t overpowering.. it is very masculine and elegant.this is the kind of perfume which never dissapoints you ...People have to understand that there isn´t any bad perfume or out of date perfumes... if you really know .. how to wear them... or when to wear them... all perfumes can be fantastic...when you have a bad experience with a perfume you should try it again... other time in other season may be or in a different moment of the day... and may be your first bad impression about the perfumes turns into a good one....

ticalau
ticalau

I test this and i don't like it! Smell old... just perfect for grandpa :))) . I smell this spicy and very citrus... from the top notes to the base notes smell ugly... very old style and to intens, but not powerful to last more than 3-4 hours... clearly out-of-date ;)

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I love this classic. Very powerful, but calming. Suitable for winter time. Stronge, mature, and totally manly.

soirdelune
soirdelune

Absolutely beautiful. The scent of choice for my boyfriends in the 80s. And if they didn't have it, I'd buy it for them!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I have had this fragrance in my collection and forgot about it. It was not until recently when a friend from the gym wore it that it reminded me why I bought it. It's a great classic Italian fragrance. Reminds me of Acqua de Parma. I love the citrus notes and recommend this one for anyone looking for a citrus aromatic fragrance.

andoceo
andoceo

An excellent Fragrance

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani 3.96 out of 5 based on 547 ratings and 79 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Eau Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Eau Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.