Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Armani Privé Oud Royal Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

oud
smoky

Armani launches new perfumes of the Privé collection in November 2010. The collection is named "La Collection des Mille et une Nuits," inspired by the medieval Arabic tales from 1001 nights. These three new heute couture perfumes depict the exotic mystery of the Orient with its warm, spicy and woody notes on the subject of rose, oud and amber.

Armani Privé La Collection des Mille et une Nuits icludes three perfumes: Oud Royal, Ambre Orient and Rose d'Arabie. The fragrances are exclusively designed for the Middle East market and are made as imitations of their traditional perfumery and local ingredients.

Oud Royal is a deep, warm and spicy elixir of agar wood, which is very popular in the Arab region. Agar is enriched with spicy notes of saffron, amber, rose, sandalwood and incense.

It is packed in a black glass bottle decorated with a golden stopper. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas.

Sandalwood Amber Saffron Incense Rose Agarwood (Oud)

Armani Privé Oud Royal Fragrance Reviews

gill007
gill007

It is one of best done oud out there. Starts off with hint of spices along with beautiful oud. 20-30 mins later its carbon copy of dirty english which is $35 for 100 ml. Do not waste ur money or blind buy until u have smelled both of these fragrances. They smell great & same.

Yehoshua@me
Yehoshua@me

This juice definitely has leather in the start but a very elegant transmission of it : I get jubilation XXV meets LADDM and WonderWood but far more refined and Boy this Stuff has the Arabian Middle Eastern vibe in it's infrastructure and it delivers The Arabian Peninsula In a bottle...The incense is similar to jubilation's XXV but with sandalwood and Oud wrap around it like a fine silk robe covering it and the woodiness DNA of CDG WonderWood and envelope in hyped up spices From a Bazaar in Saudi Arabia with a mix of cedar and woodnotes that to a limit resembles LADDM , this is felt through out its beautiful life and it resonates like an Echo in the Grand Canyon ....can and only say Armani Nail the AraBic Vibe in this one and I do have ties to the Middle East btw especially Yisrael.....unfortunately on me it gets four hours of heavy duty projection and thereafter it becomes a low projecting scent that descent to a very close knit factor till the 14-16 hr but nevertheless it gets the job done as I only need 6-8 hrs as the scent bubble is withheld to its entirety and progressively becoming lesser as fore mentioned but initial burst of takeoff is where is at and just wish it stood there for its entirety....5 out 5 star from me on this Gorgeous Scent.....Peace and GodBless

yazounet
yazounet

I have just purchased this perfume and God I love it!!
First of all, the perfume is very dry. What you smell is sandalwood and oud boom the rest is a great melange.
First spray I got sandalwood all around me and after 5 seconds there was this beautiful smokey oud with incense. Actually incense is not at all dominant! Of course it is a smoky fragrance but not something like cdg2 man or Sahara noir. Anyways I love the fact that there's no rose well nearly not inside. Whoever invented that gross rose oud combo should kill himself :) rose kills everything in woody fragrances IMO. I don't find the bottle cheap at all. Of course it has a plastic cap but come on. Why would I pay extra for a metal cap. It's good it is plastic. I think vaporisateur is very good. Not cheap as someone else mentioned below. So that's it. Buy it if you like some Arabian good perfumery. I would never ever buy this fragrance if I was a girl. It is smelling gentleman. Well a wealthy sexy gentleman lets say. I don't know if it is because of the money I spent on it, but this smells high quality. Really.. On these days where every girl and boy are using black orchid Asa. Signature scent. I am f**ing going for this to be my signature

Hellita
Hellita

I've been sniffing and trying on the Armani Oud Royal in the perfume store for a while now because it's a very interesting scent. It has that arabic vibe to it which is different from anything else I've smelled, but IMO it's more male appropriate, hence I would not buy it for myself. But I do know that this is good for layering with other scents (especially from the PRIVE collection), because it just adds something different. I find this delicious in combination with other fragrances, but not by itself.

GMK
GMK

Oud is something I always try to just Pass, the reason is its popularity here since yeares before the emergence of M7,
The main reason i found to avoid OUD perfumes is the package deal of ROSE with it , i just cant stand the sharpness of ROSE and Oud combo.

Armani OUD Royal keeps Rose very silent thankfully and this is why I like this oud scent but the dry down is not as i expected , its some kinda unfinished to me or i expected more smooth and rounded drydown the sandalwood is too loud here, but overall its its a very good offer for oud lovers.

ssyed1
ssyed1

Oud Royal is special in that it is the first cologne that I have meticulously sampled before purchasing; at this price range, I felt that I had to absolutely love it if I was going to splurge on it. That being said, I have a couple of observations.

First, someone here mentioned how Oud Royal smells like burning tires, and I get that vibe as well, but I interpret it as leather. Thus, I am surprised to see that leather isn't a note since the first hour of Oud Royal is all leather/rubber/burning tire. After the 1 hour mark, a well blended combination of oud, saffron, and sandalwood comes forth. The oud is tame (not like the arabian oud I grew up with) but sweetened and deepened with the saffron and sandlewood. Also, I think the sandlewood contributes a certain "creaminess" to the dry down, but I do not know for sure.

Second, as everyone here has mentioned, the longevity is phenomenal. I do not own (and have not even tried) anything that lasts nearly as long. I sprayed a little on my wrists last week and then wore my wool gloves. This week, my gloves still strongly smell of Oud Royal. The value, in this regard, is impeccable.

Marciu
Marciu

What I absolutely love in Oud Royal is that it's not sweet at all, so different than the other perfumes containing oud.
It's a dry, dark, woody (oud), smoky fragrance. It actually fits to my imaginations of a perfect woody scent. It was definitely love at first sniff, I guess this one was the first from the Armani Prive line that I sniffed. To simplify what it is I could say that it's oud and incense. But I won't do that. Why? Because it's much more complex, can't really explain it, but it is.
Saffron spices it a little bit, on the flipside - sandalwood and amber make it a little softer. I don't get the clear rose note on my skin though...
It lasts easily 15 hours on me, sometimes more. Like others from the Prive line, it projects like mad, so two sprays are OK.

This is a re-review due to my silly nose and it's habit of making hasty decisions on my behalf.
Having subsequently tried MFK OUD and Armani Royal Oud against each other in a more comparative and comprehensive trial. I must confess they are not that alike really.
I'd sniffed out many Oud fragrances that day and this just chimed with me as being like MFK...without knowing what was in it.
When I raced back to check the notes after the first time I tried them, I felt vindicated and quite pleased with my olfactory skills as I'd identified a similarity that I put down to them both containing saffron.
This one is much smokier and more middle eastern than the MFK for a start and the saffron is far less prominent. All of these are characteristics that I love in perfume so I actually really like this one judged on it's own merits.
If you're a fan of the smokey incense type fragrance then this is not a bad choice I'd say.
update: The more I wear Oud Royal the more convinced I am of it's genius and the more my faith is instilled in the Privé line as a whole. Sublime stuff this was always a favourite but with such a choice of ouds out there why choose this one? Well because it's majestic a stunningly well put together fragrance!

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I am a sad little fragrance fan right now...I tried this (there were so many great reviews) and was so excited to experience it......and I am very sorry to say that on me, this fragrance smells like burning tires. I am not exaggerating. I wore it all day, hoping it would transform into something other than "burning tires" but it did not. After about 4 hours, it just smelled sour, and I actually developed a little headache, which is something that has never happened before for me. For those of you who can wear this, I salute you. (sad face)

aphexacid
aphexacid

This is the 5th and final revision i'm doing for this perfume. I wore it again yesterday and had another bad experience. I'm returning my bottle.

I've never had a perfume drive me so crazy as this one does. Sometimes its great, and others it smells rancid.

I wore it yesterday and it opened up just as it should. Sharp Sandalwood, on top of Church Incense, wrapped in an slighttly animalic Oud.

It was great. Its got a very Arabic feel to it.

then after about 4 or 5 hours in the drydown, it begins to take on this disgusting sour / rotting cheese smell on my skin. I've never had this happen before with anything.

But at this stage of the drydown is absolutely unbareable. Its got such a nast pungent smell. Between the Incense, the sourness, and the animalic oud, i'm left feeling very uncomfortable. My fiance even made a comment, and she loves plenty of my more avante garde perfumes.

This is just not working for me. I loved it when i sampled it in the store. Then i wore the samples a few times. And this happened with the samples, but i persisted. When its good, its good. And based on that, i bought a bottle. But i'm sorry, for $275, i don't want to smell like sour incense cheese.

One huge disappointment was the presentation. The box is very thin cardboard. Very minimal pattern printed on it. Gold Armani Prive sticker on the front of it.
The Bottle is paint sold black. You need a high power flashlight to barely see the liquid. Cheap plastic armani sticker on the front. That beautiful cap you see in the pictures is not metal like youre probably thinking. Its plastic.
Lastly, in the box you will find a small cloth. I have no idea what its for. But they didn't even bother stamping the Armani logo on it.

The sprayer is below average.

Please SAMPLE THIS first! DO NOT BLIND BUY!

As I said with FK Oud the other notes really complement and make it shine...The same is true of this wonderful Oud scent.
Simply great stuff from Armani.

zabboud
zabboud

For me, its is the best OUD Fragrance you can have I tried so many other but all of them I found a strange smell on it after a while except Armani Priv Oud Royal,

Bbjr

Anyone interested in a swap let me know. This stuff is just too strong and heavy for me. Bootle is full, only I spray out of it and still have box. Pm me if interested. I live in US.

Bbjr

Oh my, I was just online looking at Nieman Marcus and they are now selling this! Just ordered, on back order for a few weeks but can't wait to try this.

Edit. Very linear scent and ALL oud! A very strong oud at that. Doesn't compare much to any other scent I can think of, it does stand on its own. Again though, I'm not really picking up any other notes here. I like it but its very strong and heavy. Might try and experiment with mixing with a lighter scent, maybe M7, to lighten it up a bit.

Duver
Duver

I smell class and wealth in this. In cooler weather it is gorgeous.

Chiggy
Chiggy

Quite possibly my favourite perfume. It just smells absolutely fantastic. Its a bit strong at first but settles down and smells divine!

I'm fairly new to the Oud market, although I do have the M7 Absolu, Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone and a very traditional irish oud blend I bought from a little boutique in dubai. Oud Royal is definitely the pick of the bunch though!

Highly recommended!

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Here is another quality fragrance from Armani Privé - always quite simple but also so perfect!
The agarwood here is very very warm, a little bit dry, animalic and not so strong, making the other notes come alive and show their accords too.
Sandalwood here is well blended with incense (not so strong), making a deep fragrance of luxury and also quite simple.
The amber here is very soft and appearing most of the dry!
Good one!

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

No doubt the sandalwood being used is superb quality; however, the sandalwood is masking all the oud, saffron, amber and rose as well.

russraff
russraff

Not really like 24 gold, which is very much sweeter. The Armani Prive blend is more dry and, if anything, has a dry down that is very similar to Dirty English.

The opening is wonderful, with a floral, almost citrus-like sharp note. After 3-4 hours this settles to a delicate, more dry, version of Dirty English. For me the opening is far more interesting and I would have preferred this to the later stages of the scent. I will also say that this does last a long time. Unlike Creed, I have noted that the special lines from the likes of Dior or Van Clef or Armani lost a long time. A bonus if you are paying £180 for a bottle!

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is a great Oud perfume, beats any Montale. BUT dont buy unsniffed and dont buy unless you have sprayed it on your skin. This is very strong and it lasts a long time. It was only 2 hours after that I got the happy ending. Use with caution. VERY strong for the first few hours. After 4 hours, its there but in a different way - smells like Grey Flannel. woooooooooo this is beautifully made !

kida2010
kida2010

If people dont think this is any good they need to analyze this a bit more, not sure its worth £180 but my god its a good scent.
Personally i think this has to be the ultimate Oud scent ive come across, i like M7 but after a while i do find it a bit powdery and cloying. This just avoids those qualities and i love it.
It's smooth, balanced, sexy, and has this overall quality to it that almost makes it worth the price tag. I get to spray it quite often on the way to work so i dont think i'll have to buy it lol.
Definately worth checking out.

Hamed90
Hamed90

This is just.. very Arabic! I love it!! I don't want to say you have to be an Arab to appreciate this, but maybe you'd understand it better. It just makes me so homesick!

crgrice
crgrice

Oud, oud and ... oud. What more can I say? The high notes tend to roll off quite a bit while the middle notes seem to be hidden behind the overly muddy bass notes. Was not very impressed with the presentation and staging of the combined notes. I would liken it to the Sennheiser HD800 which really lack overall clairity.

PS. How do I get the balloons?

lizzie81
lizzie81

This scent is intoxicating!! Musky, woody and sensual, my favourite kind of fragrance! I couldn't stop sniffing it! I tried this the other day and absolutely adored it, i thought finally this is the me scent i've been looking for!!! unfortunatley 'me' is apparently horrendously expensive :( It's over €200 here in Europe so i wont be purchasing unless I suddenly come into a lot of money (hmmm let me think about that one lol!)

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

MASTERPIECE!

This is my first review here. I can tell I have tried a lot of parfum in my young life of 30 now. Also I worked in a sensory lab for a short time and my nose is mostly very sensitive to some smells and odors.
Seeking again and again for a Winterfragrance like every year I found this Masterpiece. Oud is trendy today I know...so I tried 7 different Niche Oud Parfums on the market and only Tom Fords Oud Wood I kinda liked soso until I found OUD royal in Hamburg for 210 € after i read some raving reviews. I fell in love with the sample and in Berlin I had the chance to grap it for 190€ again but I still waited cause I am a broke student right now and bought Molton Brown ROGART before(fantastic,rarely composition of a fresh wood Scent). In Amsterdam for 150€ I got crazy and paid for it after all. Even tho I own a lot of Niche parfums and always push me back buying more I couldnt resist. For everyone who likes it woody and warm this is the scent to go, iI get the OUD, Amber and less Incense, stays quite long on clothes. On my skin it is getting sweeter. My top No.1 after 5 years of seeking. Highly recommend to all OUD Lovers out there. I think it is the best in its Category. Armani please dont let this discontinue! BRAVO!

scent: 9/10
longevity: 8/10
sillage: 9/10

ambra
ambra

Piu' lo indosso, piu' lo sento mio, come un vestito in cui ti senti bene. Decisamente Oud Royal ha catturato i miei sensi. Amo anche l'incenso e la mirra, un po' meno l'ambra che risulta un po'stucchevole e la rosa, troppo frivola per me. Oud Royale invece mi ha colpito subito, é selvaggio. Mi piace, lo sento mio, come un'estensione di me, anche dopo molte ore che l'ho indossato, cio' che resta mi dà un senso di calore e benessere.In assoluto il mio preferito della collezione di questa linea di Armani Privé, anche di Cuir Noir,che ho avuto il piacere di sentire in anteprima. Mi mancherà quest'estate quando il caldo non gli permetterà di esprimersi al meglio...

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

Royal Oud is a very intense scent, but at the same time very elegant, like the others perfume belonging to this series.

Bravo Giorgio Armani!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This perfume leaves no one indifferent. It is strong, bold, woody oriental perfume, that takes very animalistic sexyness on my skin. It is even kind of shamelessly dirty on me. I've got comments like 'you could cause car crash on the street with that'. It is an oud perfume, which I think is not too popular amongst young girls, yet my friend, who's 4 years younger than me and loves mainstream crap likes this very much. That kind of says it - it's likeable and expensive smelling. I get mostly agarwood and spices/incense. It lingers on clothes for a long time. On skin it opens up brilliantly, it's a true aroma of oriental fairy tales. He, he... I'm glad we have it in our store, but again, it also has a luxurious price. Though, this is worthy investment.

Migotka
Migotka

A few of my friends claim that it is one of the best scents that came out last year and among the oud fragrances, it is also the most interesting scents.

I am not a massive fan of oud, but I can appreciate it. And it is a scent where oud is really out there in the foreground, not covered with roses and other additions. Bold, beautiful, strong. Other elements in this puzzle: amber, rose and incense, are only there to embellish it, not to overtake.

The scent is very smooth, a little thick, like a magic potion, and very, very woody. Nor raw wood, but polished and elegant, refined. A really good addition to the oud-inspired fragrance family.

This is truly Masterpiece I’m a fan of Oud fragrances and I have a lot of them
Such as m7, Tom Ford Oud Wood, Montale Black Aoud, Comme des Garcons Wonderwood, Arabian Nights, etc. But nothing .. I mean nothing can beat this gorgeous stunning piece of art!
If you like Oud fragrances, in fact even if you hate Aoud perfumes, this one will change your Opinion forever!
This is truly royal and makes me feel special, sexy, sophisticated, and unique.
On the first day that I wore this perfume, I received compliments from three different guys at the college who asked me what amazing perfume I’m wearing!
The same thing happened at home with my family!
In short this perfume is from deferent planet!

My Humble rating: 1010

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Yesss, I finally could get my hands on this wonderful scent - after searching a possibility to buy it and after numerous inquiries to London, Paris and here in Germany (where, b.t.w. OR is not available at all) for about 6 months.

It is a dark, warm and spicy-woody scent. Cosy and yet unisex. Unsweet but not manly. Ambery but not too much on the feminine side. Wonderfully balanced with all its oud notes, spices (cardamamom, cinnamon, saffron) and the sandalwood-incense combo.
This oud is NOT harsh or medicinical as you know it from Montale. It has a slight rubbery note, yes, but it vanishes after the head note. Oud is always a rather special thing, you either like it or not and if you are into the stuff you might really enjoy OR.

To be frank, in the beginning OR very much reminds me of Ambre Sultan/S.Lutens and in the drydown I find bits of Black Cashmere/D.Karan but these are only fragments of a beautiful "flying carpet" (considering scents fly in the air and that this perfume should depict 1001 magical nights).
These herbal notes haunt me - this was totally new to my nose. The further the drydown develops the warmer and spicier OR becomes. After some hours I noticed a mild peppery note which I like a lot.

Very longlasting (it´s an EdP intense, whatever that may mean in detail) on my skin and with medium sillage only (so you could wear this during daytime).

The only downpoint (besides the price) is its limited, very limited, availability. You must either have great connections or a patient mind to get it.

I am very much enjoying my happy ending on this one.

Armani Privé Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani 4.51 out of 5 based on 157 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Oud Royal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Oud Royal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Privé Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Privé Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.