Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Giorgio Armani for women and men

Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

oud

Armani launches new perfumes of the Privé collection in November 2010. The collection is named "La Collection des Mille et une Nuits," inspired by the medieval Arabic tales from 1001 nights. These three new heute couture perfumes depict the exotic mystery of the Orient with its warm, spicy and woody notes on the subject of rose, oud and amber.

Armani Privé La Collection des Mille et une Nuits icludes three perfumes: Oud Royal, Ambre Orient and Rose d'Arabie. The fragrances are exclusively designed for the Middle East market and are made as imitations of their traditional perfumery and local ingredients.

Rose d'Arabie combines Damascus rose with patchouli, vanilla and Arab woods.

It is packed in a black glass bottle decorated with a golden stopper.

Patchouli Vanille Rose Agarwood (Oud)

Oud Silk Mood
Armani Prive Rose d'Arabie L'Or du Desert
More Than Words
Un Air d’Arabie Rose of Taif

Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Fragrance Reviews

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

Not a big fan of rose but here we are in a totally different world. Subtle sweetness, the rose is like velvet. I don't like to categorize fragrances by gender… but we associate flowers and especially roses with feminine perfume. Here, borders are undefined which is great.

I have tried layering BOIS D'ENCENS and ROSE D'ARABIE and… « ennivrant ».
Monsieur Armani… you've created scents that becomes experiences!

christianne1
christianne1

Without a doubt, one of the best rose/patchouli/ouds I have ever smelled. It is just stunning. Slightly sweet but rich, perfectly balanced...one thing does not overpower another. Deep dark rose....smooth patchouli and oud that does not dominate, it merely compliments. Not too spicy either - just enough. This is one of those that gives off a fluffy cloud of scent that seems to hover above the skin without seeming to actually be ON the skin. I love when that happens. When you first spray it, it is truly gasp worthy. Completely unisex. So glad I finally tried this...simply amazing.

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

This certainly is excellent. But if your search
continues even after this then please try Al Haramain's
Wardh Taifi pure which retails for 375 dirhams for 3 ml
at Al haramain's showroom at Dubai mall. (though
both are different)

Lovely!! Deep, dark mature Roses in plenty wellmixed with oud, vanilla and patchouli. No sweet notes at all and I love it!! A true uni-sex scent.

Underbar! djupa, mörka, vuxna rosor - i massor, välmixade med oud, vanilj och patchouli. inga söta noter alls och jag älskar den! en sann uni-sexdoft.

sharmap14
sharmap14

this has monster longevity.. one spray on the upper hand and i can still smell it after 24 hours a shower, washing my hands probably 10 times

Woah... this is special juice!
For a combo which has been done to death this is a remarkably classy take on the theme.
I love it... I must admit, Rose d'Arabie is so rich and opulent you can just melt away into it...it's truly heavenly.
I'm very peticular about my rose scents and my oud come to mention it.
Quite full of rose this one but not to the point where it's too much. This is not too sweet but rather dark and velvety as it should be with a hint of vanilla also...and the oud?
Well the oud is prominent and perfectly balanced to give a middle eastern feel.
Sillage and longevity are very good in the realms of what you'd expect for the price.
Would I wear it? Probably not as I'm very sparing with the attention paid to rose scents in my collection but I appreciate the artistry of this fragrance and it's up there.

Hellita
Hellita

What a BEAUTY of a fragrance! Normally I don't like rose in perfumes, so I was surprised how much I actually enjoy it. This is just out of this world! Such a pure, interesting and somewhat sensual fragrance, even though it's not heavy in any kind of way. Beautiful. I need to have this.. soon!

EDIT: I went back to the store and considered buying Rose d'Arabie today, but then I also tried Armani Prive Figuier Eden (EdT) and that was amazing as well, I bought the Figuier Eden instantly, but Rose d'Arabie is still on my wishlist.

daralsalam
daralsalam

نعم صحيح عطور جميلة ولكن ثمنها مرتفع لا تستحقه

fayez188
fayez188

عطر ساحر وآخاذ لن تمله لكن ....!!!لابد ان تشمه قبل ذلك حتى ترى ان كان يعجبك ام لا
العضو 02 أويد كلامك تماما

dalmajen
dalmajen

Magic Carpet Ride.....
I am astounded at the beauty of this fragrance! I received a small sample of this wonderful scent, and didn't bother to try it for a long time. I don't own any Armani scents, so wasn't anxious to try this, as wasn't familiar with the Prive collection. I was blown away with this fragrance! Rich...that isn't even the word..more like deep, and haunting. A magic carpet ride..intriguing, and long lasting. Longevity is incredible, as very few fragrances will last on my skin, but, this is like a wonderful song, it has it's high notes, and mellow notes, but plays loud, and clear! What a rose! A leading lady, supported by Oud, Patchouli, and vanilla. All the notes are there, the opening is teasing..like a cologne. Interesting, but beckoning you to wait. Then, the beginning of the song starts..a slow melody of violet, saffron, with a twinge of rose. Then, a burst of notes! It evens out to something really special..The rose seems to float in between the gorgeous patchouli and Oud. I have never had a fragrance that drifts..it is soft one moment, then strong the next moment, and this is after wearing it for 8 hours and more! I'm in love...this is my Magic Carpet Ride Fragrance!

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

This is truly an amazing perfume.
The top notes of a nearly paella-like saffron mixed with oud, rose, dates, star anise, cinnamon and vanilla tickle my nose and bring to life the true gourmand of gourmands. This is sooooo gloriously foody, like a Moroccan princess' kitchen.
I was scared it was going to go completely fishy but I think it's just the saffron playing tricks on my nose, I use quite a lot of it in my cooking and together with cinnamon it is the two of my absolute fauvorite spices. Who hasn't tried cinnamon in mince is missing out. But I digress.

This fragrance completely threw me off my feet. For anyone who doesn't have access to the real arabic perfumes this is the crown prince. However, a few minutes after i sprayed, this smelt very, very familiar. A smile spread on my face, I already have this perfume! I own a true oud creation! in a tiny bottle in my perfume collection lives the spirit of this fragrance. The real deal. I am blessed for having it since unfortunately for some reason, the Armani creation lasts only for a mere 3 hours on me.
My Real Oud King lasts a week.

Edit: As I have no idea what my oud-blend is called since it's in a little unbranded crystal flacon, could anyone in the know of Arabic attars, please enlighten me what would be the closest smelling to this? I love the saffron, warm foody note with the vanilla......

Sing_Rich
Sing_Rich

An incredibly rich, complex scent. The Armani USA website describes it as enchanting, which I think it an excellent descriptor. In addition to the rose and oud pairing, to my nose and those who have tried my bottle it has a distinctly creamy quality to it, and I'm surprised incense is not listed as a note as it is clearly present. I find it to project strongly throughout, even 8+ hours after application there is still discernible silage. Simply a superb fragrance.

muzzbait
muzzbait

for mine, this is akin to MFK velvet rose. deep, majestic rose in symphony with the oud and the patchouli adding to the mix. simply wonderful...

Cereza
Cereza

"Rose d'Arabie" is a glorious rose - aoud scent! Even though I have tried and loved many "Rose d'Arabie" really stands out I think because of the patchouli. This is something in between Montale's "Aoud rose petals" and JHAG "Lady Vengeance" - cold, distant rose with aoud and bits of patchouli.
What I love most about "Rose d'Arabie" is it's playfulness even though this is extremely elegant perfume, in the opening and drydown it even shows some gourmand quality. In opening there is dark chocolate underneath the initial blast of aoud and rose, but the dry down brings candy rose yet again with bits of aoud. What I enjoy here is the fact that unlike other rose-aoud creations, this is not loud and could be very easily worn every day without overpowering everything in it's way.

A masterful creation I did not expect at all from Armani. Worth every penny.

SDavis93
SDavis93

The initial spray is amazing. its a seductive rich rose oud mix, very nice. as someone with an Arab background i am custom to the smell of musc and oud and the oud in this is nice, ok but you can get stronger, nicer than this for much much cheaper.

The opening is just great!, smooth, dark, rose with the oud keeping it balanced. as it dries down after about 1-2 hrs the oud comes up giving it a warm Turkish Delight sort of smell, really nice!. this lasts for another hour or two at which point the rose is almost completely gone. leaving 8+ hrs of just oud with slightly noticeable rose. some people may think this is a bit on the feminine side especially in the beginning, but iam a man and i really like this one, this kind of rose smell but darker stronger should be in more male fragrances, its good different! . 8/10

But i feel like i paid almost £200 for the first 1-2 hrs of this fragrance because after that its just oud and you can find top quality oud for less than £50, especially in some places in London you can get oud for pennies. its a shame because i would have given this 10/10 if it stayed the way it smelt at the opening for longer.

If you are new to ouds or just trying different ouds this is a definite purchase no doubt. but if you know your ouds and have many oud fragrances then i would sample first or check for better rose ouds.

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

wonderful dessert rose, one of the very few perfums containing rose than suits me, a man

O2
O2

★★★★★

عطر "روز دو آرابيا" من مجموعة ارماني "بريفى" الخاصة من أجمل وارقى
العطور الشرقية التي تم تويلفها بعناية وإتقان عالي جداً .

تقيمي للعطر :
الرئحة ١٠/١٠
الثبات ٩/١٠
الفوحان ٨/١٠

beata4u2
beata4u2

My affair with oud started when I first discovered Amouage Opus V. Disliked by many, this was the second scent that almost made me cry I liked it so much. Opus V on my skin smells glorious, rich, smooth and I love it to bits. Then I went on a smelling spree and smelled everything I could think of on the theme: rose and oud. The winner was Guerlain Rose Nacree du Desert. RndD smells so smooth and yummy that on a number of occasions I almost licked my wrist, but at the same time it doesn't smell like a fruit jam. Amazing. After a while I craved for a difficult rose, Juliette has a Gun Midnight Oud seemed to fit. But as I discovered it turns into one of most subtle, delicate and innocent roses I ever smelled. So I was still searching. Jesus del Pozo Arabian Nights in black bottle is for man but I bought it anyway. Very, very good but it's more about oud and spices and there just isn't enough rose for me. And then last week I revisited Armani Prive Rose d'Arabie. And this is it! Sharp, harsh, scratchy, difficult rose. When you inhale really deeply it almost feels like its going to slice the tinny veins in your nostrils - and that's exactly why I like it. Because it's NOT smooth, NOT easy, NOT sweet. I like it because it's a challenge. I find the beauty of this fragrance in its difficulty. Maybe it's like with girls liking bad boys. .. And one bad boy Rose d'Arabie is!
And just a side observation: why do people feel the need to compare fragrances, rate them, complain how many rose and oud fragrances there are? We all have different tastes. We all enjoy different things. In my journey through rose and oud scents I felt joy that there is so much on the market, because that gave me many options and freedom of choice.

kazewayz
kazewayz

A dark fragrance, the rose is there but it doesn't seem as strong or natural. it's creamy, sweet, musky, woody. The versatility in this would be for night time use only, unless mixed with a more neutral scent. Not impressed. Try it.

HUEbris
HUEbris

There's limited edition of this, full of golden water.
L'OR DU DESERT EDITION LIMITEE

antqueen
antqueen

I completely agree with Eeyore III so I wont add too much. This does indeed smell like Jo Malone's Velvet Rose and Oud, but not quite as sweet. A hint of oud is present in the dry down but this fragrance is definitely more about the rose. I wasn't too impressed with the longevity on my skin. For me, Kilian's Rose Oud is way superior and seems to go on forever (unfortunately it is also very expensive).

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

I tried to like this, but it smelled like Chinese herbal medicine. I'll go for Oud Royal or Cuir Noir (not the Cuir Amethst).

suhaesa
suhaesa

i think they forgot to add incense as a main note in this perfume as one of its main notes in the front page. . .because i sure do smell lots of incense and indian incense more than anything else, which gives it a rather cheap smell ,the rose in it is not that warm or velvety ..its a sharp short lived rose that is in the top notes ..yes they call it arabian rose but to me i don't smell arabian rose ..i smell indian incense and lower grades arabian perfumes ..it simply doesn't have that extra dimension ..no depth.. no history or full composition of harmonious notes and integrity of characters ..you smell everything distinctly.. in its own place.. like two lovers who live in separate worlds.. each into their own realm of being.. no harmony between the notes..i hate to sound mean or give negative reviews.. this is not a negative review.. its just my impression of the perfume.. don't get me wrong its a respectful perfume trying hard to be an arabian legend but in a modern way.. but it just doesn't happen.. arabian rose and oud has a mystery a fulness and lushness that armani lacks dramatically ..its trying to stay clean or simple or sophisticated but it missed that arabian rose must be full,and the incense is just a killer.. i remember really cheap perfumes or incense burning in indian allies or just imported indian bakhours and incense that we used to smell as children in narrow markets ..
i didn't buy it ,it was my husband s birthday yesterday and i came out and smelled incense on him from about 7 meters away and i asked him are you wearing some armani private collection thats smells arabic?and he was so shocked because he had it on all day just a small spritz on his arm but i could still smell it.. he said i should work in the investigation bureau as a detective for scents! anyway he got it as a gift. apparently he had told that person that he likes it and they got for him.never the less i didn't want to tell him the awful truth about it, first of all, it smells so feminine.. and second of all, its so cheap.. and last but not least, it has that incense all over it, as if you have just walked out of an indian temple..i mean no offense to any culture or people.. its just my description of the perfume..i apologize for any misunderstanding..
its an arabic perfume made in a lab.. with no love involved or heritage.. for the 300 $ you can get 10 arabic cheaper scents that smell more or less the same as this"wanna be"an arabian rose ..
there is just one thing i like about it.. its hmmmm i can't even pinpoint it yet.. maybe the crispiness of the rose.. maybe maybe its the oud they used thats giving it this negative incense vibe.. when the oud is not as pure, it can result in such synthetic ness..
i am sorry i was so harsh on this one but maybe i will retest it and see how it develops i keep smelling my hand ,the cooler it gets the better it gets i guess.. but i can't get over the incense.. so if you are an incense lover do go for it ..its a geometrical perfume ..limited.. perfect.. in its own simplicity and grandeur.. but lacking substance..and dimension

edp
perfume rating 3.85 out of 5
bottle rating 4.5 out of 5
originality 2.7 out 5
unsex more feminine
special occasion wear
oriental spicy rose incense
bought from saks fifth avenue bahrain

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Rose d'Arabie captures the "rose gold" version of rose in the perfume world. Do not expect a monster sillage oud, it is just there to support the glorious rose.

First spray: you are immediately surrounded by a voluptuous and radiant rose. Nothing syrupy or overly green here. It carries the air of warmth and femininity, with a rich depth lurking beneath the rose field. As the perfume melts into my skin, it gets increasingly sweet. The rose becomes very honeyed, with a good dose of creamy vanilla. I can smell the leathery, slightly medicinal oud, but it is certainly not overpowering. Vanilla being dominant, the heart reminds me of Lancome's Tresor In Love/ Midnight Rose minus the fruitiness.

As the glorious rose wears off, the scent dries down to a soft turkish delight scented patchouli cloud. I must admit, Rose d'Arabie mesmerised me from the first spray. However, I would much prefer if the vanilla was turned down a notch.

This fragrance is definitely romantic, ultra feminine and sensual. I can see it being a crowd pleaser and has great potentials to attract the opposite sex.I recommend it, this perfume compliments women of any age.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A lovely rose dominants this composition which is mixed in with the oud and vanille. These notes are supported by patchouli and I have to say this is a very nice smelling fragrance.

Now the Oud seems to give the vanille a slight lacquer boozyness and coupled with the rose you get a creamy rosey smell which is how I would describe the scent with few words.

Eeyore III
Eeyore III

OK, I’ll be a minority of one. It won’t be the first time.

Armani Prive “Rose D’Arabie” offers a somewhat interesting oudh-and-rose pairing, but the whole somehow amounts to less than the sum of its parts. It opens with a deep rose accord, suitable—in terms of conventional gender stereotypes—for either gender, though leaning to the “feminine” side. However, there is also a sweet, gourmandy note layered on top, which is a bit reminiscent of Jo Malone “Velvet Rose & Oud,” or even M.Micallef “Rose Oud,” although it is much more restrained than either of those. Nonetheless, it is what I will call a gourmandy sweetness which is layered on top, and is gone within an hour, rather than being a rose-sweetness buried within, as for example in by Kilian’s epochal “Rose Oud.”

At first, though, it seems as if “Rose D’Arabie” will at least tilt roseward, rather than being, like most rose-and-oudh pairings, oudh-dominated. However, the sweet note and the dark rose each depart, separately, within the first hour, and the rose that thereafter remains is of a much lighter nature than the first rose, and the perfume takes a rather common oudh-dominated direction that, after 2 hours at most, enters a drydown very similar to that of Montale “Black Aoud” (although the heart notes in “Black Aoud” last longer, so it takes it a few extra hours to get there). After about 4 hours, at least on my skin (semi-olive, perfumes love it, male), “Rose D’Arabie” is just another pleasant skin scent, whose end point one neither remembers nor cares to register.

For those seeking a rose-dominated perfume of this type, by Kilian’s “Rose Oud” is far superior to “Rose D’Arabie,” with a gorgeous dark rose that emerges for 8+ hours and a rich oudh/guaiac conjunction happening underneath. On the other hand, for those seeking an oudh-dominated rose-and-oudh pairing, “Black Aoud” and its kin are as good or better than “Rose D’Arabie” at half the price. Juliette Has A Gun “Midnight Oud” is similar and half the price, although it “falls off the cliff” even more radically at about 2 hours, in terms of longevity. Even simple, plain oudh oil lasts far longer than “Rose D’Arabie,” I venture to observe.

There apparently are many for whom “Rose D’Arabie” strikes just the right balance between oudh and rose, and many who like the sweetened opening, but I am not among them. This perfume never conjured Arabia in my mind’s eye, much less the mythic Arabia of yore, but merely 2011 Europe/America, and corporate marketing. That being said, I did like the sheer quantity of rose compared with most oudh-and-rose pairings, and the overall quality was good, but …

My score: 6.5/10

daina.Šņore
daina.Šņore

This scent is so enchanting.
I absolutely fell in love with it, the first time I sprayed it on my wrist.
It has a great silage, and the longevity is outstanding- on my skin it lasts for about 14hrs or more, but on clothing even longer.
Too bad it's so expensive, but definitely worth the price.
LOVE LOVE LOVE

mik-vikulya
mik-vikulya

Is it possible to buy it? How?

rosecat
rosecat

This has sold out in Melbourne, however I got to test this today. It's a very plush velvety deep dark red rose, with woody spices, hinting peppery notes but not quite. Initially it's a very sweet burst but then dries down to spicy rose. It's very similar to *Eau de Italie Paestum Rose* & Portrait of a lady*. However it this is so much sweeter, therefore much more to my liking!!

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

Take yourself to the next level to one of the best new niche fragrance and this is what you should expect PURE QUALITY even though I am an Amouage man this is so beautiful.. Joins my all time top five an amazing fragrance beautifully balanced masterfully created a class above and longevity is also excellent..
GREAT FRAGRANCE WORTH EVERY POUND as it's not sold in pence..
Great longevity also 8-10 hours easy and does not stick like some Amouage do, as they do need a few showers to remove, but both are quality..

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

ce parfum n'est pas uniqeument pour femmes il est aussi pour les hommes.....en arabie il peut etre porté facillement paar un homme.....magnifique parfums ...ilme fait rappelet un attar qui coute 1000 les 12mll !!!!

armaniboy
armaniboy

@Trvevil i got it today and im in love with it.The packaging, the bottle, the black velvety tissue that it comes with to clean the bottle is just BEAUTIFUL.the fragrance is a beauty itself. So compared to others- Tom ford line etc for an armani this is totally worth it.i dare say it is reasonably priced and hope the upcoming (in the same line) cuir noir wont have the price of 205Euro.155per 100ml is a really good price-armani mania men is listed 103euros100ml. This is listed as an eau de parfum intense.LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. :) + monstrous longevity

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is just one big fat rose :D Very oriental [obv xD] rose fragrance with oud side-note. It is heavy, heady, something velvety about it and quite linear [So far after hours it changed by only added cedar note, and there seems lot of cedar in here]. Main note is the rose of course - dark red, femme fatale rose. Oud backs it up and adds this velvety feeling to it. I also smell tons of cedar after few hours. I don't sense patchouli much, it has been lost in undertones or might be lost somewhere in 'oud'. This deep, dark luxurious nymph is very enjoyable and I recommend it. The only drawback is it's price. -shivers- Ofcourse it lasts and has great sillage.
- Still there are less painful alternatives to it like Juliette has a gun oud one which is also fantastic.

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

Rose d'Arabie is a very deep rose scent. The smell of roses is dominated and not suppressed by the smell of other flowers.

Very, very elegant!

In addition, the bottle is simple and elegant as the clothes from Giorgio Armani. Wonderful!

alicia.manterfield
alicia.manterfield

I tried this today, and ABSOLUTELY love it, smells really nice on me and it's still on after one spray 7 hours ago! I think it gets better as the day wears on too. Will definitely be treating myself to this ASAP.

Oluadepoju
Oluadepoju

I tried this perfume today and it is amazing. It wears quite well on me. I note also that it is long lasting. One does not need to re spray it ever so often. It is certainly worth the money.

Definitely a perfume of class. Worth the money.

monica gale
monica gale

I simply adore this, so glad I splashed out !! The only one from the whole collection that really grabbed me is very wearable and interesting at the same time, I lost count how many people ask me what I am wearing when i decide to take it out of the box. Monica

Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani 4.62 out of 5 based on 190 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.