Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie Giorgio Armani for women and men

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie Giorgio Armani for women and men Videos
Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie by Giorgio Armani is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel. The fragrance features ginger, amber, patchouli, pepper and cloves. This perfume is the winner of 3 awards: FiFi Award Fragrance Of The Year Men`s Nouveau Niche 2006, FiFi Award Best Packaging Women`s Prestige 2006 and FiFi Award Best Packaging Men`s Prestige 2006.

Ginger Amber Patchouli Pepper Cloves

Armani Privé Ambre Orient
Ambre Sultan

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie Fragrance Reviews

Marciu
Marciu

Beautiful spicy take on amber. It reminds me a bit of Ambre Sultan, but Ambre Soie is more resinous while Ambre Sultan is more spicy. Longevity is 8 hours, not bad, could be better though.

Btw, discontinued Ambre Orient is basically a more vanilla-ish version of this.

polly golightly
polly golightly

cannella, zenzero, chiodi di garofano in apertura. ambra delicata e lievemente resinosa nelle note di cuore. peccato sia troppo evanescente.

Re:review on this one and it's impressive. Great take on amber....Ambre soie is really dirty,
like unearthing a chunk of amber from a dirty, peaty soil but with a slight sweetness. I get a peculiar liquorice vibe from the combination of ginger, cloves and pepper with a slight creaminess of patchouli it's really good I enjoyed it the first time and my second try of this has made me realise just how good it is.
Very masculine on my skin, not the longest lasting or best sillage but not bad.
I have lots of Amber fragrances already but yet again this one brings something totally new to the table. The entire Privé collection are really special.

Fizzy
Fizzy

If you miss Theorema, once made by Fendi, this is its stronger, pungent and much better clone of it. Excellent and naturally smelling amber. It has something masculine in it, maybe a bit of oudwood.

Longevity could be better, on the end it thins a bit, but all in all worth the money.

obraz
obraz

Does anybody know the difference between perfume in wooden boxes and that in ordinary box? I had a sample for a years and now got a bottle (modern version, without wood) and it seems to me that my little samples was much more long lasting than liquid in modern package. So when I saw a comments about weak longevity I find that may be it's about those new bottles...Am I right? Or is the chemistry of my skin makes me feel this way?

SDavis93
SDavis93

Love this fragrance its warm, dark and spicy. very well done, you can smell the quality of the ingredients, just brilliant. its a light ginger, amber scent with a mix of dark earthy spices. Ok longevity and projection. lovely bottle design its like a decoration. It is expensive but not a waste of money in my opinion compared to some other 'niche' fragrances.This is my first purchase from the prive line will definitely look at the others hope they do not disappoint. overall a great fragrance especially for winter 8.5/10

Must say I was quite impressed with these Armani Prive collection...only tried three or four so far but the one's in this collection and despite being pricey are pretty good value for money given the quality and the amount of juice you get compared to other high end collections or niche perfumers.
The ones with the gold tops however are a little extortionate!
This is a nice amber scent with warm accompaniments which make for a very good fragrance on the whole.
Seemed potent at first but didn't last too long on my skin.

Nefertiti106
Nefertiti106

A wonderful spice trip to an exotic location.

Stunning but unfortunately doesn't last on my skin.

Reminds me of shipping in the Khan El-Khalili market in Cairo.

Wish this adorable exotica lasted longer on me for an edp.

Kilian Chicago
Kilian Chicago

this is sooooo good. its got almost a metallic smell in the top. I absolutely loved it. From what I understand, only Saks Fifth Ave. in New york has it in our company. If you see it, grab it.

at least, that's my opinion :) *2 cents

persefoni
persefoni

Really people? 150 euros for such a thin smell?? My bottle doesn't say Cologne, it says Eau de Parfum, but the longevity is disappointing...

I fell in love with this last year, i adore the strong anise, amber, clove, cinnamon and patchouli, but no matter in which season and in which weather i've tried it, it's gone within a couple of hours.. Only i can then detect it vaguely on my skin...

Am I the only one here who feels deceived..??

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

How can this be compared to Yves Rocher Voile d'Ambre is beyond me. Besides, YR VdA does not even have a proper amber note. If anything, Ambre Soie is similar to Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

The warm spicy opening is wonderful; a juxtaposition of ginger, clove, and what seems like a cinnamon-nutmeg cross. A bit later, a clear anis note comes forward then blends with the spices. As the dry-down continues, the amber note comes to the fore, while the spices still linger. Sillage is limited, and longevity is acceptable. It would be on my love-buy list, except I find it has just a shade too much of a masculine touch for me. A wonderful fragrance experience.

tymanski
tymanski

the longer i have this one, the more i really appreciate it. it seemed quite simple & linear at first but repeated wearings (across all seasons) have slowly revealed a very subtle yet complex interaction of amber, anise & patchouli. very classy, low-key and cozy as hell. has overtaken bois d'encens as my fave armani prive and borneo 1834 as my fave patchouli (cuz it's SO well-blended!)

id
id

Mild soft amber& patchouli duet. I like this silent combination a lot. Intelligent and cozy fragrance (I'd suggest it wearing during daytime), quite linear, but still very likeable. The note of cloves is composed very nice, it is not cloying. And I prefer this over Fendi Theorema - they have some similarities but Ambre Soie doesn't have a note (I couldn't find out what exactly it was) which annoys me in Theorema. Longevity is medium only.

A lovely spiced mild patchouli scent. There's not a lot of sillage, but that's usually a great thing in my book. I want to have to stand in someone's personal space or have them stand in mine to smell a fragrance on them. This one escapes smelling like a spice cabinet by being very dry, almost woody. It's not my thing for wearing, but would be terribly sexy on a man.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

The most expensive gingerbread scent I know...but I love it because many scents which evoke Christmas feelings in me are loveable perfumes to my nose.

AS also brings a big dosage of anise which I find rather unusal even in a spicy scent.

Everyone who knows the style of Armani also knows that none of his fragrances is loud, offensive or attention-seeking in a cheap way. Neither is Ambre Soie.
It perfumes a person not a room.

Sillage / Projection : low
Longevity : medium

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

Despite his being gay this is the best chance I'll ever have of being jumped by Rupert Everett. It's got to be irrestible and if I am lucky he won't have his glasses on.It's warm and what is that awful phrase ?It is skanky as anything that is skanky on skanky day.

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

Among the Armani Prive Perfume, this is the thing that caught my attention. I use to see this perfume whenever I pass this perfume store. I often visit the place every month because I purchase perfume every after two weeks. I easily consume perfumes because I spray a lot. After taking a bath I spray and after by that time I have my clothes on also.
Despite my being so formal and serious in its packaging, I opted to purchase it after several attempts. I thought that since the packaging looks this is for evening affairs, I might not be able to wear it on ordinary days. I have codes for my perfumes which is the proper case too. You have to wear perfume on a specific affair intended. I had lots of perfumes for my formal occasions so I thought that purchasing this is definitely redundancy. But since I cannot stop myself, I went and paid it.

Foremost, I was intrigued by this particular line because Armani Prive is haute couture. I was curious about the smell and I was not surprised.

Like what I have mentioned earlier that the appearance is so formal. If you can check some of the scents from Armani Prive, they look the same. The variation would have on the color of the square-shaped bottle and the stone-like shape flacon. With this perfume, it is all black on the bottle and almost like dark marble brown stone. It was like a jaguar print that we see in most cars, similar to that. It was intense and serious for me. Like Kenneth Cole Black which of course used the obvious color, there is always this pre-conceived notion that this scent is warm. Later you will learn what the scent is all about.

The notes in this perfume are hard husky, unfaltering and temperate. This scent is classified as oriental spicy. I noticed ginger when I first tested it. Ginger gives a warm, minty and uneven beginning. The fragrance is really likable because even if it is warm, there are hints of citrus aroma in it. So for me the first spray is like citrus but later on bolsters into warm concoction. Then pepper smoothens the oriental characteristics with cloves give off this tobacco-like smell which is so soothing. It has a different effect because it smells like a pleasant tobacco and not the smell of an ashtray. In the middle part till dry down the dominant fragrance was amber combined with minty patchouli. The scent is very dark, rich and enduring. This is a very satisfying perfume because it stirs up a different emotional experience. This perfume is a high-class smell and has strong performance in terms of staying power. I like the fact that it consistently manages to give you the oriental spice that was expected. I observed spiciness from opening to ending. This is one thing I noticed. And the mixture of minty patchouli and a very good translation of amber is the pure magic behind this. Contrary to what this perfume is suppose to be, I don’t think this is appropriate as a unisex. Too strong for a woman but definitely deserving to be a man’s scent.

guest_lp894
guest_lp894

I am probably the only man who likes this scent(lol) but I desperately want a bottle. I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend the money to buy one or not. I have a sample size bottle(couple mL) that I got from over seas 2 years ago and have enough for one more use(I use it VERY rarely)...now I'm tempted to spend the 185 at saks and buy it

setlamai
setlamai

Liked it first but it is just too strong/heavy for me . It is a delicious and not common perfume . On my skin it lasts for ages , 1 spray lasts minimum 8 to 10hours .

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

This is, perhaps, one of the best scents on the market today. Christine Nagel is one of the most talented perfumers around and she had has proven that she can do everything from an orangey, musky, well-balanced floral (Narcisso Rodgriguez for Her) to a mouth-watering, yummy-while-still-sexy gourmand (Charnel Elixir Gourmand Coquin), and to my nose, Ambre Soie is her version of the most wearable oriental, the amber accord at its best.

That said, it lasts about fifteen minutes on my skin before it starts to fade away, taking all of its beautiful and interesting warmth along with it. For the few minutes that it does bloom on my skin, I’m speechless as what starts out as an overwhelming blast of powdery anise, slowly transforms itself into a very unmistakable cola accord (it’s as though Lolita Lempicka and Estee Lauder Youth Dew had a child). It’s reminiscent of sipping root beer through a straw of black licorice; something I’ve never done, but can imagine would taste heavenly. The scent stays very close to the skin and doesn’t say much after the cola note has put in its two cents’ worth; when the root beer accord begins to fade, dragging the anise away behind it, there’s not much left to enjoy except a hint of what was so beautiful just moments ago. Despite the lack of sillage and staying power, I will add that if all fragrances bloomed and transformed the way this one does on the skin, the world of perfume would be a much more intriguing place for everyone.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my bottle; I’ve tested some of the Armani Prive line at Saks and the fragrances still fade away without a trace in less than an hour, which is surprising and disappointing as they are eau de parfums and yet, most eau de toilettes last much longer. All things considered, the steep price does not justify the few moments of beauty on my skin. I managed to acquire a refill bottle of Ambre Soie at an affordable price and am glad I had the opportunity to experience it, but I would never repurchase at the full retail price. My hope is that Armani will discontinue this scent and that Ms. Nagel will reformulate it and re-name it, then re-release it in a version that will stick around on one’s skin for a few hours. I’d be willing to pay full price if it had the staying power of a Chanel. If you try it and love it and MUST HAVE a bottle, spray it on your clothes; it will stick around a bit longer.

One more thing: Ambre Soie is completely different on a strip of paper; try it on your skin to experience the full effect, as was intended!

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is a very strong and ancient smelling perfume-It reminds me of a more perfect version of a frankincense perfume I once had. All 5 of the official notes are evident in this fairly linear scent. It mixes beautifully with body chemistry (as do the other Prive scents-does anybody know what fixative they are using?). Simply delicious.

veruska
veruska

Don't let the name make you think of a heavy morrocan like amber, this is most a combo of cloves and patchouli in a warm balsamic ground that brings on mind Gucci's Theorema. There's a brilliant oddness in the accord and it sets the tone perfectly for the kind of money you should pay for it. Still Theorema is better.

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie by Giorgio Armani 4.00 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.