Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens Giorgio Armani for women and men

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens Giorgio Armani for women and men Videos
Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures

Bois d'Encens is a fragrance from the Privé Haute Couture Fragrance Collection and a personal favorite of Giorgio Armani.
This warm and dark woody fragrance includes only five noble ingredients, which were enough to capture the essence of the black stone from the beaches of Pantelleria island. The main notes are incense, vetiver and precious woods.
The perfume was created 2004.

Labdanum Spices Vetiver Cedar

V for Men
Armani Prive Encens Satin

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens Fragrance Reviews

kellbell73
kellbell73

I love it, but am left thinking that I smell of pencil shavings....in a good way though.

tatonnement
tatonnement

Whilst i believe this might be more a masculine scent, it works perfectly with my skin chemistry. I have been looking for the right incense scent for a long time and came across Bois d’Encens by accident. Initially intrigued by the sleek, dark bottle, I was shocked by the scent within. This is a masterpiece of smoldering incense, mystical and provoctative. It brings me back to sunday mass in Czech Republic when the priest would bust out the frankincense and cleanse the air. What an experience to be so vividly transported! Overall, a beautiful scent, not too overpowering with a lingering finish that screams sophistication.

K1
K1

Bois d’Encens opens so persuading and complete with a potent yet mellow blast of deep incensed woody vibe; smoky and somehow similar to that in Amouage Fate and Comme des Garçons Black; a type of incense that smells like arc-welding smoke. It’s metallic woody, stony, exotic, mystical and black-grey. Gradually woods emerges out and drives it softly till you almost forget the harsh overwhelming smoky theme in the foot level; what remains is spice-coated cedar with smooth labdanum.
This collection was always a big question mark in my head, the fragrances always seemed replica for me until I met some of their brilliant ones upon curiosity on their titles one of which is Bois d’Encens. Great job in fact, fair price and fancy bottle.

Tiger84
Tiger84

Beautiful pepper! So real it makes me want to sneeze. Then the driest woods with spices and then my beloved incense takes over.
Dark charcoal grey smell.
Beautifully dry. You can feel the noble wood and see the incense rising in a thin but confident line. Simple and refined, the excellent quality materials make it elegant in its simplicity.

Mikeyd
Mikeyd

This is really good stuff
It does have a similar vibe to 24 platinum def.. wierd huh

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Bois d'encens by Armani is a realistic, balsamic, piney, resinous and grey incense, still stuffed with Iso E Super but well disguised in a more "organic" way, less futuristic than other incenses like Avignon – and also less heavily liturgical, more natural, mystical and woody. The family is the one comprising Casbah by Piguet or Exultat by Maria Candida Gentile. More exotic than those, Bois d'encens is also more "grey" and a bit darker. Basically that's it, a sophisticated incense cloud with spices on top and woods on the base. A must for incense lovers – for all the others, it can soon turn into boredom. For me? Despite the enthusiastic reviews I find it well made and undoubtedly classy, but honestly a bit shallow.

6,5-7/10

matsilversurfer
matsilversurfer

Dark, liturgical, resinous...I can't stop sniffing my wrist! Such a mystic experience

sharmap14
sharmap14

im not very religious but if this is how churches/mosques/temples smell.. i might have to start praying a little more often :P this is such an amazing spicy incense fragrance, also smells a bit like weed if u really put ur nose right up to it. nonetheless an intoxicating fragrance for someone who loves incense or darrrrkkkkk forestyyy smokeyyy stuff.. perfect for a dark rainy day or cloudy winter days.

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

I LIKE MUCH , I LIKE ALSO THE NEW PARFUME ARMANI COLLECTION PRIVE' " ENCENS SATIN "

Marciu
Marciu

After delving into incense based fragrances after quite a long time I guess I can say I've finally found my holy grail.

Bois d'Encens - (Incense Wood) is a perfect, consistent blend of compounds. It's dry, with perfect sillage(moderate to very big), huge longevity(usually over 12 hours, sometimes even to 24 hours!). It smells luxurious and majestic, I'd say. There is a perfect combination of spices(mainly black pepper) mixed with resins(labdanum, olibanum) and woods(vetiver, cedar).

There are really great incense-based perfumes, mainly in niche genre(Olivier Durbano Rock Crystal, Montale Full Incense, James Heeley Cardinal, Comme des Garcons Incense Series - especially Avignon), I like most of them, but almost all of them are lacking with something. They don't have that "wow factor" to me... And Bois d'Encens has it! It has everything what I want. It has only one disadvantage - its price. But it's totally worth it.

My must have and sooner or later, I'll get it.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

This is what every incense scent should be like.

I'm not talking about the smell but about the way the scent aura envelops the skin and transports the wearer to a calm ethereal place (in this case, it's the inside of an old stone church in Italy).

Incense itself when burned, is light in volume, airy and never overwhelming. This is exactly what bois d'encens is all about.

While other scents mix the incense with patchouli or amber to give it more volume and thickness, Bois d'encens gives it to you like it is and that's what i love about it .

Whenever i wear this, i feel like everyone and everything around me should be quite and calm. I know this sounds selfish but it's the truth and i can't help but feel that way.

Bois D'encens: Selfish incense.

Magical fragrance! Yet again the Armani Prive collection has delivered a wonderful fragrance of the highest order.
Sharp Labdanum opening into Frankincense, dry peppery spice and dense luscious woods, I get from this fragrance. It's a mystical incense scent of superb quality and has a unique feel with it too.
Took me a couple of tries to write a review but that's no reflection on the impact Bois d'Encens made on me because it was immediate. If you love incense, and precious resins without an overly smokey vibe this is definitely for you.
Longevity is a little bit of a let down and that is probably the only minor criticism I have of these Armani fragrances. The only one that has great lasting power for me is Myrrhe Imperiale, followed by Oud Royale.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Initially it's an odd one but it evolves beautifully. The subtle incense smokiness lasted for hours on my skin. Softly smouldering and unique. I Love it!

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Bois Encense & MyrrheImperial smell ALOT like: YSL Nu (Old Formula)

muzzbait
muzzbait

this is pure frankincense bliss!
this is my childhood without the smoke and charcoal aftertaste! wonderful...
for a pure frankincense 'fume, it's in the same league as avignon by CDG. wonderful...

EnPassant
EnPassant

As a "frankincense guy" (in a past -not so far-) I was always looking for fragrances that deserved a place in my smoky heart.
I found Avignon and Kyoto (5 stars perfumes!)... And my wardrobe was full of a kind of sultry joy! I could been stoped there... I'd be happy! But then... After all the big disappointments with (almost) all Armani Privé line I discovered Bois d'Encens! Simply unique and lovely... Not as dry as Avignon, not as quiet as Kyoto... I finally found my perfect incense! It's wonderful and has a respectable projection and longevity!
Thanks Michel Almairac for your finest work (yes! I had to know who's the creator of this masterpiece... So I did my research)!
I'm back trough the smoke again!

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I am wondering why the most prominent Frankincense note is not included here. I smelled the most beautiful and enchanting scent of peppery and slightly spicy Frankincense resins and that was what caught my attention. Bois d'Encens is an absolutely gorgeous fragrance and I even chose it over Ambre Orient and Cuir Noir.

harmonia
harmonia

An expensive fragrance indeed, but definitely worth every penny. The initial burst of pepper and cedar (or pine as I would call it in this opening phase) is almost too much. But it settles down in seconds on my skin and from there it's all beauty. Warm and sweet incense, along with the most perfectly balanced vetiver I've ever encountered. The cedar makes it something more of a masculine scent imo. I think that some (most) aspects of Bois d'Encens resembles MB03 by Biehl, but with generous cedar added.

Longevity is sadly a bit limited but the moderate sillage on the other hand suits the composition. Maybe not a signature, but probably a new permanent member of my collection.

Elsi
Elsi

Absolutely beautiful fragrance - one of my favourites. I only wish it had heavier sillage and greater longevity (it's quite soft and disappears after a couple of hours although this could be due to my dry skin).

I think this would suit both women and men.

P12atyr
P12atyr

I'm not a pro when it comes to detecting the notes but living in the Mediterranean I can almost guarantee that there is a moderate amount of mastic in this perfume which brilliantly complements the pine/cedar note.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Lovely incense pepped up by some spices with vetiver in the background. Maybe some citrus fruits as well but I'm not sure, could be the labdanum as well.

Nice!

coco audi
coco audi

Beautiful.
Though summertime is here, I have to wear it. I imagine cool woods, damp ground, and the interior of an old church indeed.
Fantastic labdanum, I love it.

Not too strong, good longevity!

zola0203
zola0203

OK, so I have been delaying this review too long because I love this frag SO much but wanted to find my own description and not repeat the description given by Armani.

But I have failed. This REALLY does give you the sensation of rushing out of a rainstorm into a cool, stone-flagged church in an Italian city (Florence?). The sensation of the incense, wet stone and hint of moss hitting your olfactory centres is EXACTLY the sensation I get when a waft of this frag meanders up from my chest in the middle of the day.

And it will last, fantastic longevity and perfect projection.
Not VERY complicated, but not too simple. I think Mr Armani has done everything perfectly to create his signature fragrance (correct me if I'm wrong about this being his signature)

I'm not sure I can do this frag justice with a review, but I've done my best.

nellyrlight@aol.com

hermes 186 YOU ARE RIGHT!!! I AGREE TOTALLY..I was trying to find how to describe this perfume makes me feel..and it is exactly how Mr. Armani described it

JasonB
JasonB

One of the very best scents, always compliments.

rafickw
rafickw

This is extremely similar to Diptyque l'eau trois, but surprisingly much well constructed and not from a niche house more of "Niche Clothing" house , more natural smelling, you can definitely pick up on the incense in this mix, a slight hint of oregano that I failed to smell in l'eau trois and great longevity, the sillage is moderate but miles stronger than l'eau trois and also the presence of that "mastic gum" that is addicting for me to smell. Absolutely love it, I guess L'eau trois that I had given away will be reincarnated soon in my collection as Armani/Prive "Bois D'encens" Gracie...Mr.Armani for that beautiful mix.

nellyrlight@aol.com

just read some reviews..dark, gothic, mysterious and deep is right! and yes, I do appreciate the quality too..but can't wear it

nellyrlight@aol.com

i tried to love this..and I never not like a perfume..I have over 200 perfumes and the only ones I don't like is opium and this one..I love Armani and everything he has..the boat, the home decorations and all his other perfumes that I tried and have..but not this one..it is just way too heavy for me..

Kevin63
Kevin63

As many have observed already, this is a dry, austere scent. I have tried the CDG incense fragrance and the now discontinued Gucci Pour Homme(2003)but both are too obvious. Bois d'encens is less sweet and more pure in terms of the incense note. It is subtle as you would expect from Mr Armani. There is also a pine/ cedar note on dry down.

I have acquired the body lotion version via Ebay. These are normally only available to guests of the Armani hotels(Milan/Dubai). If you love Bois d'encens you will enjoy this also though i suspect most women will find it too masculine. There are rumours that an accessories line may be introduced to include body wash/ shower gel/ soap etc

globalscene
globalscene

too TOO complex. that's all

i believe somebody else called it "HARDCORE"

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

It has been said before, and I certainly agree, that this austere, reduced perfume paints a life-like picture of a catholic church where the smells of century-old wooden benches and lots of incense are lingering in cool air. It's not an inviting or warm perfume, but it is fascinating, in a way.

An aspect that I don't like so much about Bois d'Encens, though, is that, to my nose, it smells somewhat hollow. I'm missing something at the core of this perfume. What I do get is a plasticky note (maybe that's the pepper?). It's a bit as if I smelled an empty plastic container that once held a great perfume.

Hoyo
Hoyo

Good quality scent. It has a peppery opening and somewhere in its scent journey it crosses paths with SL's Fille en Aguilles. It dries down and smell like smoky pine. Beautiful and comforting.

Londonchick
Londonchick

Wow. This is a v interesting, unique fragrance. Conjures up feelings of being in olden times in a gothic church. Evokes a purification ritual or fragrant meditation, burning the resins myrrh and frankinscence on charcoal discs. Very skillfully done, I don't really get the spice notes, this is pure resins for me with some vetiver. Longevity moderate.
Not sure how often I'd reach for this, its a very serious fragrance !
This may sound odd but --Perhaps it would be ideal for life transitions, ceremonial occasions like funerals or grieving periods.
It may be equally at home on a solitary day spent meditating or contemplating serious issues/ decisions. If u want a fragrance for a yoga retreat, this may be it.
I think a touch of woody honey/ amber honey or beeswax would have just made it slightly more wearable and feminine. One to consider when you want something totally different.
This could easily be unisex. As frankinscence is strong here, this may be comforting to those with pleasant memories of attending church.

Mugler pure UK
Mugler pure UK

I love the smell but my skin soaks it up and it's gone in no time. If I could get more than 3 hours I'd be grateful, I can't justify the cost for such a fleeting treat.
Shame for me but new skin is on my xmas list!

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

THIS IS A VERY MASCULINE COLOGNE THAT TAKES YOU TO A TIME OF THE PAST MORE LIKE MIDIEVAL TIMES ..A GOOD INSENCE COLOGNE THAT IS MORE SUITABLE FOR WINTER AN A SUIT,A SOPHISTICATED AN MYSTERIOUS COLOGNE THAT DEMANDS RESPECT.

hermes186
hermes186

Georgio Armani says he wanted "to rediscover the damp coolness of the stones of the Italian churches still filled with the curling smoke of incense". This is spot on.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Very masculine to my nose, not that I object to wearing masculine scents. The "bois" is definitely not woodsy notes, more like fresh pine needles and maybe there is a hint of bitter oakmoss in it too, although not listed. The deep incense is just about dominated by the pine at first but after about an hour they even out. Still, I would not pay the price for a full bottle. I prefer my incense stronger, but it was certainly worth a try. I would love a man who smelled like this!

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

It's a pine bomb with woody,incense background fragrance.
Weird that there is no pine in notes pyramid.
Very dry scent,serious and mature.
It's unique,if u like this genre u may also like fille en aiguilles from serge lutens line wich cost less then BD.
Longevity and projection seems good.

ambra
ambra

Adoro il senso di calma e pace che dà questo profumo. Un vero concentrato di calma e serenità, l'incenso é totale in questa fragranza. Meditativo. Ne ho due campioncini e lo utilizzo come una medicina.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The first thing I pick up is lemony frankincense and some cedar. It’s a thin, transparent scent with a hint of dusty vetiver in the base. I don’t see much resemblance to church incense. Instead, it’s more of a wood-and-stone composition, evoking the materials of an old building that’s recently been renovated with some juniper flooring or beams, or a dry forest with lots of dead evergreen trees.

In any case, it’s subtle, natural-smelling, and understated, not exactly what I expected from Armani, but a pleasant surprise. The pepper does not appear to me until about an hour into the drydown, when it becomes noticeable, helping maintain the strength of the other notes. Longevity is good, about 6-8 hours on skin.

I would classify this as a vetiver fragrance, and as such, like it a lot. My enthusiasm would be less if I wanted it to be an incense fragrance. For those who like subtle, woody scents, it’s most definitely worth a sniff.

susanaurinko@me.com
susanaurinko@me.com

I am a woman. I like all sorts of florals and wear Carnal Flower, Fracas, Portrait of a Lady, etc - BUT, that being said, I find that I feel very powerfully feminine when I wear Bois d'ensens. I LIKE that it smells like church incense - that is an extremely appealing scent for me, and I have found in Paris, actual cathedral incense! So for me, it has little to do with male or female, and much more to do with sensuality

Trvevil
Trvevil

Rating - Outstanding.
This is hardcore.
Bois d'Encens is the ultimate incense fragrance with killer intensity and authenticity. Haha. It is pretty harsh straight to business incense here. It has this woody resin smell to it too. And spices are greatly blended to it so a normal person won't tell there's ones. If compare it to Passage D'Enfer then I think I prefer Passage due to it's colder, more evil mind. This is incense, the thing. And Passage is aura. That's the difference. Though, that doesn't mean Bois d'Encens is worse. No, it's effing terrific fragrance, you have to have serious guts to wear that. Not all will be able to simply pull it off. Only complaint is the price. We have it for 280$ for 100ml -.- Verdict. This is great but L'Artisan is cheaper and comes in great bottle too.

jakobi3000
jakobi3000

I got a sample of this online and while i enjoyed the smoky incense of it, i couldn't get passed the GIN note. I hate gin ugh haha and it didnt seem to last that long...too bad this the bottle is over $150 on the Armani website... $_$

peyman.datoubar
peyman.datoubar

It's the best. I like it very much. It's absolutely elegant and manly.

duckhunt
duckhunt

Far, FAR too spicy for me. I can appreciate it's quality, but I can't wear this.

This is a masterpiece! Dark, gothic, deep and mysterious liturgical incense. Together with CDG avignon, this stays at the top of church inspired fragrances and it's surely one of my favourites. It's pungent almost astringent in the opening to turn much more softer, warm and earthy during drydown. Pepper, some coniferous, vetiver and animalic hints give birth to a multi-faceted incense based composition that while smelling dark and gothic it's incredibly elegant in its minimalistic approach. Not too powerful but definitely remarkable. If you want your incense to stay close to the skin but to result incredibly distinctive at the same time, there's nothing like Bois D'Encens.

The original packaging came in a precious wood bottle and was available as a 50ml EDP at a quite unaffordable price. They now made a "smarter/cheaper" version with a dark glass bottle coming in a 100ml EDP size. Highly recommended!

Rating: 9.5/10

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I used the whole sample,so I can describe it my way:Piny, sophysticated,dry-ashy kind of smell.At first sniff remind me two things: cedar and pine forest and somewhat russian sauna.(in a good way)
The image for this perfume,though should be a strong misterious lady,sitting on a back-seat of a limo.
Red lipstick and black dress and stockings are good addition for this perfume.

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

Beautiful ,memories of Christmas mass .It's got great lasting power and sillage and should be a classic . It's way up there with the greats like Chanel no 22, Guerlain's Vol de Nuit , Lanvin's My Sin and others.

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

Having been so obsessed with Thierry Mugler’s Alien Liqueur de Parfum which was oriental woody, I decided to try another Armani Prive Cologne which is Bois d’Ences. I was so intrigued about Armani Prive scents also thus it was a swift decision to try this. The smell was very powerful for me. Great perhaps for a male scent, unluckily this is a unisex perfume. I am one of those who have made fashion as part of my lifestyle. I really don’t go out without wearing a cologne or a perfume. Perhaps I would call myself a perfume junkie. Bottles of empty perfumes piles up in my lower closet. It looks like an old chemistry lab and all the chemicals have just evaporated. I always have the joy of looking at it. Since perfumes comes in various packages, I delightfully look at each style and think about its scent. This one from Armani Prive was authentic. As often used, they have some personal style on how they bottle they perfume. Quite amazing to notice but this was too laid back. But
the simplicity brought a great deal to me. It might be safe but I find it beautiful. All black with a stone-like flacon. Mysterious in the outside but you know what to expect in the inside.
The scent smells like dark flower pounded in stones and left dry for months. You can smell the aroma of it but light and old. That is how I describe the smell when the scent started. I find pieces of old-fashion smell from the beginning. It was like smelling an old leather wallet from the closet. But there were hints of slight floral smell, perhaps because of labdanum. I find it smelling like lavender. Its a little confusing because labdanum can sometimes feel like lavender. But checking the notes of this perfume, I was sure it was labdanum. The smell is very strong from start to end. Especially during the middle part when incense or some spicy nuances came out. It was really strong like an old Japanese curry sauce. It was like the smell do not belong to the perfume. The closest positive criticism I can give to this scent is its being a good smell for men. But its really a mistake to make this a unisex scent. It was just too strong for a woman to wear this. It surpasses even a male
characteristics thus this truly make the smell genuinely male. I find the smell so tight also. It was like when you wearing this you can constantly restrained. Certainly the darkest I have tried as an oriental woody smell. The smell during dry down sometimes is too corrosive of any enjoyment. I do not submit to the smell’s beauty because it was heavy and dark. All I can say is that this was a mistake to have this classified as unisex. Perhaps for a male this can pass, but even too much as well. For me it is nasally draining.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This was extremely green on me, smelled like pine or juniper. There was the most fleeting exhale of incense when I first sprayed it onto my skin, and then it was simply very green and masculine. It definitely warrants a re-test though.

guest_peyman
guest_peyman

It's a very classic and modern smell that I've ever used still now.It's a very manly & elegant perfume.I say only one word about it , just PERFECT

Russian
Russian

I read that Giorgio Armani thinks this fragrance on a woman states about her sex-appeal,maturity and courage,though it's a unisex (most manly) one.
I guess he's totally right.I remeber I used it once,it belonged to one of my friends and I have found it to be very nice on my skin.
I don't like unisex fragrances,but this has a totaly different feeling on men and women.
On my male friend it is strong,bold,woody.
My skin turned this fragrance into a very light version.I haven't found this to be masculine on me at all.
I wouldn't buy a whole bottle of this fragrance,but I wanted to say it's interesting how this unisex fragrance acts totally different on men and women.
My conclusion is that this is a very nice combination,that deserves a try from the men's part,mostly.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Found a spray refill of Armani Prive Bois D'Encens at a great price and had to snap it up, even though I had never smelled it.

I'm so glad I did. What an amazing scent! Husband and I are planning on sharing the bottle. It is unisex, though women who wear primarily flowery or fruit perfumes may find it a bit too masculine for their taste.

Five ingredients? I believe it. It's a simple but powerful combination that to my nose smells like black pepper, cedar, vetiver and frankincense. Couldn't guess what the mystery fifth ingredient is but there's a little something extra in there. Maybe sandalwood or cocobolo wood? The overall effect is a pleasant mixture of dry wood and church incense. It starts out very sharp with a dominant pepper note, but dries down to a soft, comforting incense aroma.

The sillage is excellent. My one complaint is that the persistence is below average. Considering what this scent normally costs, it ought to have greater longevity than it does. It was distinctly less noticeable after two hours, and by the end of six hours, I had to really take a deep sniff of my wrist to even detect those last faint frankincense notes.

Still worth a try, though, if you're looking for a good incense fragrance.

guest_spletz
guest_spletz

i would like to buy the five bottles but i cannot find them anywhere. if you have a place please let me know by emailing to matthew21@mts.net

zoka
zoka

It is fantastic scent! It is like no other, very individual, very manly and elegant.

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani 4.27 out of 5 based on 254 ratings and 55 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.