Designers » F-H » Leather « Groups

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

leather
smoky
Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures

Cuir Amethyste is a powerfull leather fragrance, which joined the Privé Haute Couture Fragrance Collection 2005. as its fifth fragrance.
"A mesmerising composition that leads us to a unique experience: a voyage for the senses, between the reassuring smell of leather and the far-away origins of the other materials, between known and unknown."

The warm, rich and powerfull composition includes the noble notes of birch (that gives a smoky leather nuance), patchouli and the powdery note of violet in the heart. The opening blends bergamot, coriander and rose. The base includes bensoin, incense and Bourbon vanilla.

Coriander Bergamot Rose

Patchouli Violet Birch

Labdanum Benzoin Bourbon Vanilla

Bottega Veneta
Bottega Veneta Eau Legere

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste Fragrance Reviews

little parrot
little parrot

For some who are interested in the nose behind....Michel Almairac created this gem for Armani prive, not christine nagel.

Bodda89

i don't quite understand why people are voting that this is a winter fragrance this is the pearl of the spring when it's breezy and at breezy summer nights beside your fresh cold lemonade and your beloved one i wear it as a man and sometimes people refer to slight femininity but i don't care pass the start and it's romance bottled in a fancy bottle

Bodda89

Place all the swears you are aware of in a sentence followed by the word beautiful and you have an appropriate description but its a bit linear the leather leaning to prominence as you move through its life time

Jay T
Jay T

J'ai essayé ce côté "cuir noir" et je dois dire que celui-ci est plus d'une odeur de cuir. Il offre une entrée huileux sombre, alors que dans "Black Leather" le cuir est en fait pas l'étoile. Il est mélangé avec un bois de santal très lisse, qui présente un peu plus doux.

Après une heure "Amethyst de cuir" est encore forte, mais il se sent très doux et poudré. "Cuir Noir" est plus subtile par comparrison, mais je pense a la meilleure idée.

Robmeister32
Robmeister32

I went to Neimann Marcus and tried the Armani Prive line. Close to 15 scents were presented to me. Out of all the scents, this was the only one captivated my nose and far the best. I liked it so much so I purchased it right then. The salesperson was surprised I picked it. She said it's not a popular product. That made me want it more because that means not a lot of people are wearing it.

But, I highly recommend this fragrance. It's a 10/10 for me.

Taliera
Taliera

Oh boy, this one I want, but it's so expensive! It's $210 for 100mL! But I've had a think about it, and decided it's worth it.

I have never smelled anything like this before. It is a masterpiece. Utterly fantastic and deserving of the award it won! Christine Nagel is one of my favourite noses, and she has not lowered her standards with this addition to the Armani Prive line.

Cuir Amethyste... or "Amethyst Leather". I was told it was meant to smell like the little tin boxes the trench-soldiers had in World War II. I was also told that it's meant to smell a lot like birch bark, which I can't properly identify (I live in Australia; we don't have birch).

This is a strange, wonderful fragrance. Nothing comes near it in terms of originality, olfactory structure or overall idea. I tried to think of perfumes that are similar, but its nearest cousins were miles away. The closest I got was the Tom Ford range - but I was only seeing similarities in terms of originality and "darkness", not any particular perfume.

This is mysterious and dark to say the least. It has a good dose of "I'm smelling something in here, which I can't tell what it is". It is not sweet at all.

What I can say is that it starts out classic and dry, and progressively becomes richer, deeper and more "purple". I know this is an unusual way of describing a scent, but I hope I'm appealing to the people who have experienced this type of colour identification before. I can actually "smell" the amethyst increasing throughout the drydown. I "feel" the purple. (I'm sorry, but I have to defend myself from the people who claim assigning a colour to a perfume is ridiculous. I'm not crazy. Synesthesia does exist: it's the mixing of different senses, which has been well documented in the scientific literature.)

But I can't figure out what the purple note is... I don't think it's just the violet on its own. It is too complex and sophisticated. It's just magical!

You start to smell more woods later, which I love.

My advice is, if you appreciate complex, sophisticated, mature scents - then try this! But if you like the sweet, fruity, or even the floral scents they're flogging on the market all the time - keep away! I don't consider myself a perfume snob (because I recognize everyone's entitled to like what they like, based on personality and age) but I would only expect people who enjoy complex, subtle perfumes to like it as much as I do.

Hellita
Hellita

This is impossible to describe for me, but I like it alot. It's unlike anything else I've ever smelled. Not typically feminine, but interesting and spicy at the same time as it is light. I think the name fits it perfectly, this might be what an Amethyste smells like.

Just when you think you've experienced the entire range of violet combinations you're hit with this.
I think it's safe to say I'm a big fan of violets and this is a new accord to me, understated, powdery yet wearable and utterly enjoyable.
Armani have hit the spot yet again with this juice I'd say it gives me the feeling of a Violet centric juice that really doesn't have a 'usual' (whatever that is?) violet feel. What I mean is that it will intrigue violet fans like me but is different enough to appeal to people who don't traditionally like the smell of violets. It could be the combination with rose which maybe changes the character some...you definitely get the rose as it dries down.
Smoothing this out is patchouli and vanilla with the darker touch of birch which does create a kind of leathery effect. I wouldn't agree that it is a smokey leather more of a smooth suede and birch has a woody undertone which makes this smell really good on me but would be equally at home on a woman and possibly better suited.
A classy Violet then which I will recommend to my friend who would love this fragrance. I wouldn't wear it though, I get my violet hit from Hommage L'Homme and Fahrenheit stuff like that.

christianne1
christianne1

Oh....this is just divine! I am a huge fan of Serge Lutens Bois line (I have Feminite du Bois, Bois de Violette and Bois et Fruits because I could not decide between the 3 because I love them so) and this is extremely similar to those only more ethereal and a bit sweeter and juicier because of the fruit notes. Plus a touch of leather. It is just luscious and if you are a fan of the way SL does bois then I promise you can not go wrong with this!! Full blown swoon material for me. Total wrist sniffer!! Reminds me of a cross between Serge Lutens and Tom Ford Black Violet and Plum Japonais. Just total deep purple heaven!

NoiBoi
NoiBoi

First impressions:

Didn't care for the opening. It smells very mineral - esque. Definitely very uniqe. The floral seems subdued slightly by the other notes. Birch is what I detect most, which to me kind of smells like dirt.

It gets better as it goes along, but it's definitely not something i'd want to wear. I can appreciate it's beauty, however.

Germany
Germany

WOODSY LEATHERY VIOLET
Cuir amethist is one of my new favourites of all time. Truly a master piece. I have to make room on my top shelf for this one.
The leather is achieved by combining the birch and the patchouli as there is no leather in this. Gives a very realistic fresh smell of suede and a fruity resinous effect . I smell violets and a hint of coriander , it gives it sort of a purple suede , fruity effect, I adore. The rose keeps this perfume fresh ! Very much comparable to Lutens. Bois line , especially bois de violets and bois de fruit , as well as feminite de bois. Could be a close relative to those mentioned. Its luminous , dark but airy , very similar to Serge Lutens character indeed. As well as similar to Bottega Veneta . This is one of my favourite fragrances ever.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

This is very attractive. The opening has a similarity to Guerlain chypre fatal. amethyst is smoother more refined, notes are not identical but does have a similarity in the opening with a improved latitude.

Its dry down is so beautiful clean and pleasing a gentle attractive appeal. Not my preference, even so, Its undeniable a very well formulated composition.

merlin1999
merlin1999

Gorgeous top notes,and an especially lovely bergamot in there, led me to believe I was in for something very special. However I was not impressed with the violet/leather combo. As the leather note strengthened and deepened, the violet seemed to get ever more cloying to my nose. I was left with an olfactory impression of brand new leather boots marinading in violet syrup. Just goes to show that using the best quality ingredients doesn't always result in a great perfume.

Joeymaz
Joeymaz

I love this...however is smells like Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible

mwallwork
mwallwork

It's a shame that the Armani Prive scents are so difficult to obtain. They deserve a spray on American arms.

The opening notes include coriander, bergamot and patchouli. Rose makes fleeting appearances but succumbs to a stronger violet presence with a powdery veil.

Over all, the birch pushes a distinctive and soft slightly smokey leather accord. The leather note very gradually gives away its strength to violet with a small patchouli base in the dry down. This stage lasts quite a while with a faint soapiness in the mix.

The next gradual change occurs very slowly as the base notes join the composition at least an hour or more after the initial spray. Labdanum, benzoin and vanilla combine to assert a warm ambery base with soft violet and leather overtones.

Cuir Amethyste is a long lasting fragrance for me and seems useful for men or women. The bottle is masculine, but still attractive on the dresser. I especially like the acrylic top that has been created to look like a piece of polished amethyst. Nice.

This EDP by Armani does not seem special enough to warrant the price. Nevertheless, it is pleasant enough to garner a loyal following.

Roge'
Roge'

The purple top would suggest that it's geared toward cooler months but i think it's suitable all year round. I admit that it does have some kind of mechanical note lingering throughout but it's definitely not a reason to be deterred from trying this. I was kinda pissed that Armani went up on the price for this stuff(damn bastards). I liked this stuff so much that i bought it anyway.

panda0410
panda0410

Im not a fan of this... the violet is fleeting, and Id agree its more orris than actual violet, the powderiness and lack of authentic violet to this reminds me far more of orris root than true violet.The birch in this reminds me of soft suede rather than tanned leather and adds to that powdery vibe. Its unique in the initial opening, but projection is poor (though longevity is very good) and the ultimate and final overture of notes in the drydown is patchouli and rose, which endure for the rest of the duration of wear time over and above any/all of the other notes. Both a little too common a combination for such a hefty price tag.

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

Unusual smell - perfume which require attitude.

Ideal for men in suits and women wearing haute couture and jewelry from Cartier, Tiffany etc.

Not for dummies in jeans and sneakers.

J'adore ce parfum!

Descartes
Descartes

Floating in the Valleys of Neptune; the earth rises in orange and purple; descending to the see shinning like stardust. Sweet tangerine and bitter orange; vanilla from the new rising sun and apricot oil. No Violet here people but IRIS/ORRIS !!!! That’s what it gives a little powdery touch to Améthiste, but it’s a,in genital control loyal to you, sweet musky, dry praline, Synthetic? Pure sensuality in a bottle waiting for you.

marymargret
marymargret

Have you heard the story of doctor Zhivago? No? Well, you can read the book or you can see the movie, there are several versions of it. Or you can use Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste. You will at least smell like Pasternak’s love story: intense, smooth, bittersweet and everlasting. If you want to try this you must love heavy notes. Don’t let yourself be fooled by the rose and the violet, they are not there to lighten, only to sweeten the dark leather. Nothing for girls looking for another floral fruity, gourmand or innocent white bouquet.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I think my opinion on this fragrance runs contrary to most of the reviews; on my skin, leather is clearly the distinctive note, but not a smooth leather, rather a scent of wet animal hide, underlayed with a very sweet note. None of the depth expected in the base, either. Well, for all those that love it, it just does not work on me.

jtd
jtd

Criticism of Cuir Amethyste appears to have taken two routes. 1) It’s luxurious and lush and I love it. 2) It’s synthetic and cheap and I don’t like it. I’ll take one from column A and one from column B. It does have a roughness that suggests that the details weren’t as important as both the distinctiveness and in-your-faceness. And from the flower to the fruit to the leather/vinyl/plastic notes (the “cuir”, I guess) there is chemical twang that most would instinctively call synthetic. The topnotes of CA always give me the same gestalt: grape/violet/ink. A sort of Bois de Violette on meth.

So, yes, from column A I’ll take the chemo-freak factor, but from column B I’ll take the, “I like it!”

What’s compelling though is the disjointed narrative it gives you. The stages of CA over time don’t line up. The topnotes shouldn’t logically lead to the heartnotes, and you end up in a drydown that leaves you wondering how you got there. Some of the notes, the flavors, last from start to finish---sweet yet juiceless fruit; powdery, woody floral; plastic-ink.---but the tone is all over the map. The topnotes are high-pitched yet dense, the heart is powdery and resinous-sweet, the base is fairly woody but with some of that inky sweetness remaining. Moving from one phase to the next is less confusing than just nonsensical. Any moment of the fragrance can be likeable, but to the wearer, who’s there for the whole ride, in feels incorrect. Not distressing or off-putting, just objectively incorrect like a misspelling.

But wrong can be more fun than right, so I’m coming down in favor of incorrectness. Is it that the perfumer tried for leather and then got ink? Is it that Armani just had to have “cuir” in the title? Was Almairac looking for that cool inky effect as in Comme des Garcons 2 Woman? (If so, he got it.) Since so many perfumes get it right I take it that leather isn’t a terribly difficult note to achieve in perfumery. So I choose to believe that the perfumer was aiming for a fun, fake, fantasy leather along the lines of Etat Libre’s Vierges et Toreros or Parfumerie Generale’s Psychotrope. This perfume should be presented as a well-executed oddball. Cuir Amethyste is more of a fun perfume than serious one and seems out of place in the Armani world of grim luxury. The name, the packaging, the imagery all suggest numb sparsity, high fashion’s proxy for serenity. Put this stuff in something like Juicy Couture’s spangle bottle, call it, “Violet Vinyl”, charge ¼ the price (you’d make your profit on volume) and it’d sell like mad.

swoon
swoon

smoky at first, then became smooth after a while. very rich, dark and sweet. more violet than leather. a little bit feminine. smells expensive!

jo.mckee1
jo.mckee1

Morticia Addams wears this fragrance! The turpentine grabs your larynx and sends your sinuses to Arizona. Do not adjust your set!
Eventually it settles into being different and the same. Disconcerting. Who are you? Crack the leather whip and tame it.
Have a jelly bean with your tanned hide. Don't try to understand it. Unconditional love is what it wants. Run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds. Unearthly. Maybe it's me after all.

Anassa
Anassa

reminds me of Profumo by Acqua di parma

VeroNiché
VeroNiché

Leather is not my fav note, but violet is. This is more about violet than leather for me. Sweet, elegant, sensuous, mysterious. I can smell vanilla, too. Perfectly balanced, has a lot of faces - can go well with a business dress and also and can fit to a decadent black outfit for a night out for femme fatal.
Leather is luxurious, smooth, velvety, a brand new handbag. Violet is a luscious pouget of the freshly picked up violets in the field.
Reminds me of the violet in Tom Ford´s Black Violet, my no.1 violet frag.
Will certainly not go unnoticed although it stays close to the skin. Lasting power is average on my skin.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

cant stop sniffing my wrist!

love this ! Insence, real leather, soft fuzzy violets.. addicive musk, super yummy patchouli, smells close to perfection on my skin, just recieved in a swap (big thank you jazzbirdsinger) so I will report back with a more detailed description but for now......... this is not too masqueline, smells very unisex, a definant afeminant feel to it.

It does remind me of Black Cashmere, but without that vile cashmere woods note, not that I dont like cashmere woods, but with the richness of everything else, it;s just too much, actually made me nausiated. This armani though seems close to perfection

Eyla
Eyla

Now, Giorgio says that this fragrance has leather/cuir in it, and I argue that because leather in this perfume is strange.
if that is right and this has leather in it, this wouldn't be the wild Tunisian one you can burn with a fuse and get out of the store without pardon and with a whistle between your lips - this would be some of those modern leather jackets, which are ultra thin, overdesigned, too expensive and treated with chemicals.
on my skin it opens with incensy coriander spiced rose, violet powder, and the famous strange leather chord. in those few magnificent moments Cuir Amethyst smells unfathomable and really dark, like night sky without any stars; smells like unknown, unexplored depths. but then poof! spices and incense infused roses disappear, no more magic, and I'm left with only so much powdery violet that I could swear there is an orris root here somewhere, and of course, patchouli leathery chord that tries to prove too much (if not real leather as claimed by Mr.Giorgio, I guess it's a combination of birch and labdanum, thus explaining the strangeness).
heart of this fragrance is unimaginative and I have already smelled so many like it before, that dry powder, monotonous hours of violet-dominated leather, and all together, reminiscent of ELDO Puitan des Palaces.
it ends in a slightly powdery patchouli vanilla with a resinous odor.
Aura/sillage is mediocre to me(even leans towards weak), and durability is around 6h.

Cuir Amethyste hasn't become my second skin.

ashyashy
ashyashy

It smells violet and dark. A very unique smell and it def for winter when you are wearing leather jacket or all in black. But i dun think it fits for going out. Just when you feel like you are a cool chick with leather jacket. I like it in general but im still figuring if i will love it.

fpih
fpih

Leather, tons of leather, a lot of patchouli and a bit of violet to sweeten the effect. The combination of leather and violets brings to mind Jolie Madame which I find very sweet to wear. Fortunately, the leather here is too strong to be overwhelmed by the violets while the patchouli makes this whole fragrance a lot darker than either Jolie Madame or Daim Blonde (again too sweet compared to this).

The first 10-15 minutes are the worst for me; this is a very strong fragrance that takes a while to settle on the skin. The lasting power is very good (10-12 hours) but the sillage is minimal (=close to skin).

I'm not a big leather fan, but I don't mind wearing this even though the leather note is so prominent. It's not however a perfume I'll easily reach for; I find it a bit unfriendly, more suited to a career businesswoman than a 9-5 working mom. It is very interesting however and perhaps with time it'll find a way into my heart.

Update: The more I wear it the more I like after all. And surprisingly, it's the only fragrance in the past 4-5 years that my husband actually complimented:) I was really shocked as he usually dislikes most perfumes I wear, but the truth is that after an hour or two this settles into a very cosy & elegant skin scent despite the brashness of the first minutes:). And it's just so similar to the highly acclaimed Bottega Veneta, that I wonder how is it possible that so many people claim to dislike this and love the other....

id
id

sweet cozy comfort leather with a hint of violet (which is not prominent on my skin) and patchouli. Superb for me. It is warm and strong at the same time but I would call it more expensive than exceptional. It is not a loud scent but a person who wears it won't get unnoticed. Flowers held in hands in leather gloves.

With the excepiton of Bois D'Encens, I find most of the compositions in the Armani Privè line to be undeservedly overrated. Cuir Amethiste is surely not among the worst but as a take on fruity leather I find it definitely leaning towards the sweet fruity side (apricot / osmanthus) with an huge, off-putting violet note making the whole fragrance definitely unbalanced. The leather here is pale but almost unpleasant, synthetic and kind of overwhelmed by the rest. While I understand why many people likes it , I still don't get warm to it...sorry I've to pass on...

juzuler
juzuler

Very well balances, oriental, but not heavy, into your face. Soft, yet oriental distinct quality of leather, violet, hint of patchouly and resins. Smells of expensive, perfectly taloured materials.
Mysterious, suede comfort smell. Despite of its softness does not go unnoticed.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Wow, this one REALLY reminds me of Mitsouko EDP, especialy in the drydown! Mitsouko is a little more soapy and this one is spicy, but they have something very similar in them...

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This works so well on my skin. It is delicious. The leather smell is that of a very expensive brand new handbag, which has somehow managed to get some violet scent spilled into it. A very strong beginning, but starts to dry down quickly, and the birch note then becomes apparent, together with the faintest wisp of incense. I adore this already and it's going to be right up there in my top 10. Smells expensive, classy, classic, magnificent. Vanilla and patchouli haters really have nothing to fear as neither note springs out at you. I'm really, really happy and what's more, I bought it blind!

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

This is musky,very violet,leatherish and some kind of expensive "church ladan"candle kind of smell. Last long, strong,but not annoying,just my "cup of tea". Good for evening,misterious, but also good for business meeting. I imagine rich woman with that perfume.

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

I just adore this ,it is pretty unique . The violet and leather combination is magical it's earthy and sweet .The onlt other scent that lives up to it is Une Rose .

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

This is one of the unique scents I have tried. Armani Prive is haute couture. There is so much unexpected that will come out from the scent rather than those smell that we constantly experience. Surprisingly, this was the one that was offered to me when I asked for something that was peculiar. I applaud that lady in the Armani store I visited because she had mastery of her craft. That time, I was trying to change the scent that I want so I wanted something strong because I want my scent to be noticeable even after several hours. I use to have citrus smell but then it paled in comparison to other strong scent. The lightness is impressive when it comes to citrus smell but the intensity is dull. It is best to have those in people who manifested strong response to any cologne or fragrance. Sadly, I am not one of those. I also have this great feeling to be able to notice my own scent as I wear it all day. It gave me confidence to be a head turner as my scent sways to other people
as I pass by. When I tested this scent, the first smell impressed me because of its warm and leathery texture as it lingered in your skin.
The sales lady told me that this is a leather scent. So I was more curious rather than disliking it. I felt like smelling roses when you first try it then a little lemon in between. It was like the light scents of tea which are flavored. There was some minty flavor right after. Just very short but it stirred the smell differently. This may have been caused by patchouli. I was able to sense grassy smell right after. There was violet and some woody nuances. Then the leathery smell was the very noticeable during the dry down. The notes responsible for the dry down are benzoin and vanilla with a little incense. All of these notes tend to give you smoky smell. If you have a sensitive nose, you might dislike this because it really is very strong when you first smell this. Too powerful for me as regards the choices of base notes. The composition goes to be be hefty as it reached the peak. Normally during dry down, the smell sometimes goes to a heightened point that when it dries down it
is the smell you can remember all throughout the day. It was a bit strong when you first apply right after several minutes. It was being engrossed in a glam rock party where you are suffocated with smoke and cigarette butts. But did it mellow down? Certainly. There is a good texture nonetheless with this smell because it participates well with the top notes. It seems it had a rehash with the previously released notes. The smell of rose was still noticeable during the dry down. I find the dry down sweet and sexy but smoky predominantly.

The smell is modern and raw that is why I like it. Albeit the scent goes on a predictable path like when I was told this was a leather scent, I did not expect that there is a certain sweetness on it. I was hoping dark nuances perhaps the smell of old musk wrapped in leather sheets but this was not delivered. Instead I have a smoky smell, vanilla like, rosy texture, still sweet and dark. It had a new breed of concept for a leather smell. One thing is similar though for the rest of the leather smell, it has an incredible strength. It stays up to 10 hours or more then it is noticeable when you pass by people. All of my friends were immaculately drawn when I wore it the first time. This is one of the best scents I guess. A bottle of this is full of surprises which is what makes it fun. The smell is humid so this is not great during the peak of summer. This is great for winter and evening affairs.

Malegria
Malegria

Oho-ho!I see a sultry redhead in a dress the color of a heliothrope...remember? Mrs. Cheevley, an evil heroine of Oscar Wilde. Warm and inviting,violet-honey-like, it shows it`s spoon of tar. I can`t say it spoils it, oh no. But it is a scheming, adventurous scent with an art noveau personality.I like it very much!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Sweet, powdery suede. Really quite uncommon, actually. It felt refined, exquisite and expensive, and I interpreted it as being more on the feminine end of the unisex spectrum. There was a velvety texture to the scent that kept me sniffing my wrist.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Spicy and really leathery,i love leather so i really like this scent.Very special for sure,also a bit on the masculine side.Just by the sample i noticed that its stroong so a little goes a long way.If black had a scent,it would smell like this..I would love to have it!

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is the third dance I have had with this scent and I think I am finally ready to attach some words to this ethereal perfume. It is red roses in an ashtray....a bizarre combination of synthetic "leather" and natural florals atop a pungent-but not warm-base. Have to say I find the combination of birch without an animal fixative in the base creates an imbalance in this otherwise brilliant creation. I adore benzoin but it needs something oiler such as civet or castoreum to warm up and adhere its spicy zest. I love the outrageously pervasive aldehydic notes in Cuir Amethytse which create a sharp floral effect (think vintage Rive Gauche by YSL) throughout the wearing. It bears some resemblance to Robert Piguet's Bandit, but is much smoother, with more Chambord, and infinitely more wearable.

This perfume is what I expected from the marketing for Thierry Mugler's "Alien" (which surprised lots of us by being a complicated grape lollipop instead of something really weird). Cuir Amethyste truly is alien-very unnatural and very compelling. It lasts forever, and is very strong, so go lightly...and only at night. Extra points for being interesting as well as very good. The bottle is beautiful and perfectly suits the scent.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I found a bottle of this for insanely cheap compared to its retail value. It begins a bit jarring to me, but you instantly notice its leather notes. I can see the comparison to Daim Blond, and Mauboussin's Histoire d'Eau, but Cuir Amethyste is darker, more mysterious with a much more woodier facet. The violet is dangerously seductive, fearful and exciting at the same time. I find this scent more feminine in the beginning moving its way to more masculine nuances. Black is the perfect color for this scent.

distortech
distortech

I had this as a sample that I got back in Milan at a fashion show a few years ago. I remembered it being very unique and a rather well made floral chypre/oriental that lasted forever. I seriously considered buying it several times, but, I was not willing to dish out the cash for it at the time. Now, jump forward a few years and across the pond and I finally bought it. Wow! I will NEVER regret it!! I am absolutely loving it. To my nose, it is very similar to Givenchy's Amarige Mariage (minus the Jasmine) and Dolce Vita by Dior (both of which I consider Unisex as well). However, CA possesses a deeper and darker patchouli note that is tons more distinct than either of the others, Furthermore, the cinnamon note present in the other two is replaced by a lovely birch note (which I think gives it more of a leather like effect, but nothing extreme). The rose in this one really stands out - very, VERY well done throughout the dry down.

5 stars.

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste by Giorgio Armani 4.20 out of 5 based on 243 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Cologne Spray Cuir Amethyste by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.