Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune Giorgio Armani for women and men

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune Giorgio Armani for women and men Videos
Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures

The sensual floral Pierre de Lune is a part of the Privé Haute Couture Fragrance Collection. The fragrance is designed around the note of cassia (it is also known as a "hot cinnamon", the plant is native to cinnamon). Fresh woody notes are blended together with powdery woodsy iris and the precious note of violet from Florence. The intensive and sensual froral-woody aroma.
The perfume was created 2004.

iris Violet Cassia Woodsy Notes

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune Fragrance Reviews

Neuroa
Neuroa

I reminded Prada infusion d'iris

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is such a beauty
It starts of with blackurrant leaf on my skin ,green almost a bit smokey, and lots of Violets mixed with this smokeyness makes its abit on the dark side ,Iris adds a little dryness and powder to it also the woods lingers and adds to this beautful scent.
It stays this way for a few hours on my skin then it changes to a bit more sweet violett and iris scent, more feminin then the opening .
This is realy unik and different then any other Violet and Iris scent i have tryed .
This is also very long lasting on my skin and radiats beautifuly not to much but enough to get notised.

This is a weird one for me...but a grower. It's instantly powdery but silky smooth and beyond the normal realms of perfume for me.
They say the most instant and effective trigger for memories is an olfactory one...well they're not wrong!
Certainly Pierre de Lune is to me reminiscent of a very specific memory and it's of playing at a friends house. These two lads called Mark & Matthew (it's so odd remembering them as I haven't thought about them in over 20 years) who lived down the street from my mum but never went to my school. I used to hang out with them in the holidays and their house smelled 'EXACTLY' the same as pierre de Lune. Was it a type of fabric softner their mum used or an air freshener...or even a perfume?
Anyway...It's a combo of sweet jasmine & orris root, with powdery floral notes which creates a creamy smell which in my mind matches the name and the coloured stopper in the bottle.
Not sure I like this, it's certainly unique but I wouldn't wear it.

lovescully
lovescully

As one of the last Armani Prive's I tried I have to say that I was oh so pleasantly surprised!

What a wonderful and whimsical fragrance to dedicate to the moon! Pierre de Lune is quite multi-facetted despite the constant references to 'clean soap'. It definitely has a French soap aspect to it but it has oh so much more going on than just soap!

I detect all of the following in no particular order (than what my mind has naturally ordered them in) grass, violet, iris, cinnamon, talc, jasmine (or something similarly just as indolic!), and of course a type of ambergris or similar.

This is the best darn white soap smell that I've ever had the pleasure of smelling!

HUEbris
HUEbris

First time, I smelled it, it was very very Gorgeous and Gracious Powdery Scent. remind me noblewomen.
But today i smell it again, it's very dissapointed. lukewarm sweet scent, just little powdery.
I don't know why changed my feeling SO MUCH.
I just want to smell its Great Powderness again.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

The pyramid and concept of this scent are nice and original, but I feel as if it was a little too much like the name itself. A pierre de Lune, or moon stone, would not smell like much if you think about it. Well, there you go.... a nice, VERY discreet iris scent that is much too delicate/ephemeral/simple for the price. Sometimes, simple is good, but here I feel as if it is not an asset... it's a lack. The scent would still be loyal to the idea if it was stronger and more concentrate, more complex. It is still pretty, with an iris note that reminds me of the one in Guerlain's iris ganache and cassia that almost smells like an angelica note more than a cinnamon-y one. The violet brings a touch of dryness, just like moon dust.

In the same "family" would be (the much better) FM Fleur d'hiver and Angeliques sous la pluie, as well as other subtle niche iris scents. Overpriced in my opinion because of the lack of strength and silage and it's a bit boring. Highly priced designer exclusives such as this one should always be tested before you spent the money on them. Expensive does not always mean good.

I have been giving this scent a couple more tries, and it is actually very endearing. You have to spray heavily though, which has got to be frustrating with such an expensive fragrance! But the cassia note is really charming me with its originality and quirkiness. It makes this otherwise bland scent into something a bit magical. I'd actually recommend this, if you are swimming in cash and don't mind the price tag.

Kelly Jupiter
Kelly Jupiter

When Isniffed the spout,I like it immediately,it's floral and beautiful,can't wait to wear it as soon as fast.
When I really try it ,it confuse me:What?How come it just smell like SOAP???
I used it on my skin and cloths,keep sniffing again and again,tried to find something I like in this perfume,it end up with I feel myself in my tub,with some rising bubbles :-(
It totally fade away on my skin in a few hours ,guess it's my high temperature effect on it.It become not so soapy on the cloths,a bit green and natural.Though the last note is good ,it doesn't compensate my sufferring from soapy smell for hours .
I want to rate it 6/10,considered it's Armani Prive with extremely pricey,it's a 5/10.
Now I call it SOAP CLASSIC lol :-)

madinat
madinat

this perfume is my favorite and im using it since 2006. on skin after a few hours i cant feel it but on clothes it stays for more than 10h. i love it

courant
courant

The first thing I get is Neopol, the furniture polish, but as with many utterly fabulous perfumes the opening belies the overall fragrance. I am a novice when it comes to Iris and have yet to try Hiris, although it is on my list. Pierre de Lune is lovely but I don't enjoy it as much as Cuir Amethyste or Eclat de Jamin.

Jenny Peycheva
Jenny Peycheva

Despite the fact that I don't like that much the violets, this fragrance is really beautiful.
It opens with a hit of iris and violets. I can't smell nothing else even hours after the first spray.
Well...7/10

hunterblu
hunterblu

Several weeks ago I stopped in the Armani boutique in San Francisco but already had fragrance on (several in fact as I had been testing all afternoon at Barney's and Saks) so I settled for smelling it on the paper strip. It was lovely and I carried that small piece of paper with me all evening.

Yesterday I went back in wearing nothing since I had been obsessing over it for weeks. I almost bought it since tax returns had just come back but decided to test on skin and see how it worked with my skin chemistry and how the longevity was...

So glad I did. It was spectacular for the first 30 minutes...a beautiful Violet and Iris combo with a subtle and dry woodsy base. The Violet is natural, velvety and slightly sweet but not sugary. I love Violet but more often than not I end up getting this candy note mixed with artificial grape in the Violet frags I try. From the Iris I got both the floral aspect as well as a healthy dose of Orris, rooty and a little green. The wood was like a cross between Oak and Birch, very lovely. I was not able to sniff out the Cassie (Mimosa/Acacia Farnesiana NOT Cassia aka Chinese Cinnamon) but did detect a not quite Violet/Iris powdery note that I'm guessing is due to the Cassie. Sillage was moderate but I would have liked it to be a bit stronger.

But then about 30 minutes in is went to an almost skin scent and turned to very simple, soapy, still with a bit of the wood base, boring scent. I could not believe that what started as such a spectacular fragrance in less then an hour had turned into...well something so disappointing. I mean, it was still pretty but nothing unique or amazing. It smelled like the dry down to a dozen other common department store juices. Very sad but so glad I tried it on my skin before dropping a rather large chunk of change on this...

Because of the awesome opening I will leave this as a like because if I could afford to I would buy bottle after bottle and just keep reapplying every half hour...

Back to my "perfect Iris/Violet" hunt!

Try before buying and don't trust the tester strip.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Love the name of the fragrance, but the scent did not live up in any way to what the name conjured up...This opened on a loud, brash note of purple-grape candy, which lasted long enough for me to consider an alcohol scrub. Eventually, the dry-down revealed a much smoother, vaguely powdery violet-iris note. The dry-down is nice, but no more than that, and would certainly not be enough for me to live through the first part of the experience.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

If you are trying to find a cinnamon note in this - forget it. It is pure violet and iris, powdery-sweet, long-lasting and very elegant. You could probably get the same effect by layering Caron Aimez-Moi and Prada Infusion d'Iris. Although I find this very appealing, and of excellent quality, I would not buy it at such an exorbitant price, sadly.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

I really like this. It is somewhat similar in the iris note to no 19 poudre and infusion d'iris but there is something more round in there too. I know I should love 28 La Pausa, Inf d'Iris and their likes,, but for some reason I don't. This one I like. And as could be expected, this is clearly the most expensive of the bunch...

Wise
Wise

Armani prive fragrances are not like
Tom ford private blend collection which i prefer
As a niche house for uncommon fragrances.

I can't deny that there are two scents
From Armani prive collection blended very well
And they are unique fragrances like pierre de lune
And cure amysist , I have sniffed Pierre de Lune
At Harvey nicols today and it was very comfortable
Scent and I can call it "the heaven scent ",light,
Bright and elegant at the same time.

My rate is 9/10

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

I love it at first, sweet and warm but then it goes soapy. Alas.

Papi
Papi

It could be me but this is exactly the same as CDG's Avignon, just less of "burned wood" in it.

duckhunt
duckhunt

INCREDIBLE. I can see this becoming my signature scent (male).

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

So lovely ,the violet is beautiful and it is subtle without being weak.

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

I really like the combination for this scent because of its special twist, having the floral contribution of lavender plus violet as its main floral note. This is one of the best floral woody musk scent I have ever tried. I got this scent after my short trip in Dubai. The Duty Free shops were really good there and choices were enormous compared to here. I happen to come across this scent because I like how the bottle looked like plus the flacon was shaped like stones. I had this collection of stones in my condominium and I just thought that it was exquisite. My fascination was bolstered with the true smell of this scent because I fell in love with it instantly.
I like how tremendously upstaging the start was. I felt there was already hints of lavender and violet combined during the first few sprays of the scent. I would say it would border between humid and floral if I were to describe the scent. The freshness of lavender scent delivered a pure uplifting experience for me. It was like expecting that the rest of the scent will be very good which it was. Then violet was just gladdening if I were to say it. There are hints of its floral smell which tends to contribute to the aromatic features of lavender but solely I would say lavender made that influence alone. I did not find any reluctance in the smell
and I like the teaming effect of the beginning. The start is literally a genuine warmth. The humid effect of lavender conforms more to the floral expectations rather than being too grassy. I did not feel the effect of its grassy attitude. I also like
how it was chronicled to have a floral smell in the scent rather than giving just a mere grassy aroma. Then there were scents of woody nuances when the scent reached dry down. Basically it was like sandalwood because it was a bit sweet regardless of its
being woody. There are woody floral musk which is more “for males” rather than a unisex scent. This is a unisex scent which so much appreciation to both gender. I truly believe this is uniquely unisex. There are hints which makes it manly however
it cannot be said to be exclusively “for men” because the beginning and even till dry down, violet and lavender kept clinging. These two gave a feminine effect on the smell. The scent has frequent light floral smell till it ends. I like the fact that
its smell was beautifully balanced giving credence to a unisex smell. This has good longevity too. I like the effect after five hours because it tends to be so floral but still retaining small hints of woody texture. It was just flawless when it ended.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I got lots of violet and no iris. On me, this creates a subtle "lipstick" note, and it reminds me of L'Artisan Drole de Roses, without the rose note. Very nice, just not for me.

guest_Nice perfume
guest_Nice perfume

I have checked in many perfume websites this cologne but i have not found it. www.worldSfragrances.com does not answers to my request nor other websites. Do any knows why?

glitteralex
glitteralex

Thanks Sara! I was trying unsuccessfully to find the cinnamon. On the Armani beauty website, however, they do indeed name the ingredient as Cassia, not Cassie. I have emailed them for a clarification.

I do agree with Veruska that it is flat in a way, as Iris-focused scents can be (Think of Hiris by Hermes). In this simple, dowdy, and decidedly unisex scent I find Violet Leaves, powdery Violet Flower and Iris (I note Iris only in the form of Orris, the aged root used as a fixative; I get no fresh Iris). Orris can create a soft powdery floral, as well as woodsy fixative notes. I do not classify this a a Floral scent in modern terms. The Armani site deems it "Sensual, Floral, & Woody". It is a little dreary, but very comforting, like a rainy day.

Interestingly, PdL's drydown is eerily similar to a bottle of vintage 40s Narcisse Noir pure parfum that came in a coffret I received as a gift, although the two bear few note similarities. I will do more research.

2/10/09 Update from Armani:

February 10, 2009

Thank you for visiting Giorgio Armani on the Web.

Prive Cologne Spray in Pierre De Lune contains cassie with Florentine iris.

We appreciate your comments and we will be sharing them with our Webmaster.

Thank you for choosing Giorgio Armani.

Sincerely,
Catherine
Consumer Affairs Specialist
Ref # 4937981

veruska
veruska

A very flat and boring iris mimosa combo, made in a sweet green way. It's extremely pricey and extremely bland!

guest_Sara
guest_Sara

Hi there! :) Love your site. You might want to know that it is *not* cassia (china cinnamon) but Cassie - mimosa or acacia farnesiana. Cassie is used with orris and violet in powder notes and many violet/iris fragrances.

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune by Giorgio Armani 4.12 out of 5 based on 117 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Cologne Spray Pierre de Lune by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.