Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Armani Prive Encens Satin Giorgio Armani for women and men

Armani Prive Encens Satin Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

smoky

Armani Prive Encens Satin by Giorgio Armani is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Armani Prive Encens Satin was launched in 2014. The fragrance features incense, woodsy notes, spices and amber.

Incense Woodsy Notes Spices Amber

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens
Armani Prive Cologne Spray Ambre Soie
Oud pour Lui
Caftan

Armani Prive Encens Satin Fragrance Reviews

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

Hello there.i just bought s full bottle am very disapointed.i love love frankincense and i love it strong.i didnt think i was buying amber which doesnt like me.im selling a brand new bottle with the cellophane intact.please pm me if your interested.i think the word satin mislead me.i wanted a smooth frankincense but this is not me.

landshark321
landshark321

Armani Prive's Encens Satin is a pleasant incense mixed with spices and amber. The amber renders the blend much sweeter and smoother than most incense-dominant fragrances but it's still pleasant, neither too sharply incense-ridden nor cloyingly sweet. Much like Cuir Noir softened the blunt force of the leather via vanilla, so does Encs Satin soften the incense via amber.

This is surely a crowd-pleaser among the incense-loving crowd, of which I'm not a part, but I certainly appreciate the blend here, as there is enough care to achieve the happy balance described above.

Decent projection and longevity but still subject the same high Armani Prive pricing, this might prove worthwhile for particularly big fans of incense, but it's not something I'll buy.

7 out of 10

Calvini
Calvini

After comparing with Bois d'Encens side by side, I have to say they're NOT similar (That's like saying all incense are similar). This is a very ambery (warm) incense while the other is pine-y smokey like CdG Avignon.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Bois d'Encens with more amber. Sharp, gingery, dry and smooth incense. I am not sure there is an incense I do not enjoy. Thumbs up Armani, my decant is going down and down. Love this stuff!

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

This is fantastic. I fully agree with others that calls this one the "Best Of" from Armani Prive's oriental collection. This is an extremely wearable incense but still manages to be rich and captivating. I cannot love this enough!

The woody note in Encens Satin is similar to that of Santal 33 and is deliciously woody in a savoury way. Obviously it also shares the same incense note as Bois d'Encens. However Encens Satin isn't as pungent and -- dare I say this even though I love it-- intrusive as Santal 33, nor is it as dry and smouldering as Bois d'Encens. Call me conservative, but I really think Encens Satin is a great alternative to those that enjoy strong orientals but cannot wear them. This gives just enough edge as an oriental but is still smooth and wholesome, just like aged wine. The spices, amber, incense are blended so well that even though I cannot depict each note separately I certainly know that this perfume will be less wonderful even if it's just "a little bit less spicy", "a little bit less ambery" etc. It's that great.

The projection is about 2 feet and longevity easily 8 hours. I find it helpful to not spray too much or too close to my nose or else I go anosmic on this one.

Definitely worth its hefty price tag, but even so if you look carefully you can certainly find cheaper prices online. Bravo Armani!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

When I first tried Armani Prive Encens Satin I thought it was the most seductively authentic frankincense fragrance I had ever smelled. Lately, I have been on a quest to find some quality incense fragrances. I did not want something that was too smokey like a bonfire or a bbq. I wanted it to have the catholic church smell essence, but still be a wearable scent. Encens Satin has that perfect smoky frankincense note that I was looking for with a balmy resinous feel too. It’s sweetened up with amber and a dash of spices like patchouli, cardamom, ginger, and elemi – which really should be listed. There is also a distinct woody cedar note in the dry down that makes this fragrance smell smooth yet bold at the same time. Encens Satin is gorgeous, I love it and I am so glad I was able to add it to my collection since this will be amazing during the winter months!

psychdoc
psychdoc

Encens Satin is very similar to Bois D'Encens (both are sophisticated and refined, with woodsy and incense notes). However, Encens Satin has a slightly stronger incense note and less woodsy note than does Bois D'Encens. The amber and spice notes (creating the more oriental accord) within Encens Satin also differentiate it from Bois D'Encens. In general, both are great fragrances that I'd highly recommend. I would also characterize Bois D'Encens as slightly more masculine than Encens Satin, though both can certainly be worn by a man.

Little Prince
Little Prince

Much more ambery and less woody also more feminine than Bois D'Encens this is a good amber incense perfume but somehow dull and uninspiring. Incense, amber, spices (no black pepper here), cedar (way much less than Bois) and I detect lots of benzoin which makes this perfume turn sweet in the drydown. Actually, it seems like a friendlier more comforting Bois D'Encens without the mystery and angular nature of that perfume. Frankly, there was an enigmatic, almost cryptic, feel in the dry, unsettling structure of Bois D'Encens which is completely absent here. To me it is trivial to own this but if you are a woman or found the latter too discomforting check this one out. For me, the die is cast.

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 9.5/10
Here's Why:
Like incense themselves, this lingers. Sweet smokiness hovering around me like smoke - 10 or so hours.
What a lovely fragrance. No dirty at all, its quite refined. Brilliant white Frankincense hovering boldly with resiny sap, with just a sweet splash of vanilla. Intoxicating. Can;t wait to spray more.
People ask me what it is, they wonder where i got it.
This fragrance tells a story, sexy - timid but intense.
Balmy and wonderfully understated, this is a beautiful fragrance to mix (TF Patchouli Absolue or Creed Royal Oud) or on its own for an all over head to toes spray.
Wonderful.

Wrote this review ages ago and have only just got around to posting it...I think that says it all really.
Was I blown away? Not really, because this is more reminiscent of Full incense/Avignon/Cardinal etc... with a bright, sparkling white frankincense note.
Don't get me wrong here I adore the smell, it's a wonderful thing
It is like the scents I mentioned above but just different enough to be unique, deeper well rooted and less floaty. I certainly wouldn't describe this as amber and spices though, a complex church incense fragrance is more appropriate.
It has that fresh uplifting thing but with a heavier wooden base which gives it good lasting power.
The opening to gives a stronger sense of woods and resins, perhaps not 'amber' (which I associate as being a warming benzoin/vanilla) but a something sharper.
So yet again Armani's prive range has taken a traditional perfume in a slightly different direction and come out with something which is mildly derivative and by no means 'new' but still more than worth having.

lovescully

@ Marciu, when I said that you hit the nail on the head, I was absolutely agreeing with you :o). I guess it's an Australian own saying.

It is most definitely a mix of those 3 you mentioned.

Marciu

@lovescully - I described it that way because I feel elements from all three - sweet vanilla and some other spices from Ambre Orient and amber from Ambre Soie. It's the mix of those three and I can't help it.

To me best three from Armani Prive line are Bois d'Encens, Oud Royal and Myrrhe Imperiale.

lovescully

I think Marciu hit the nail on the head when describing this as 'like a mix of Bois d'Encens, Ambre Soie and Ambre Orient'. It's a bit like a 'best of' from the Armani Prive line.

Having said that, I think its more about the amber and less about the incense. To me this is quite linear and the spicy amber is front and centre throughout its lifetime; which on me is about 6 hours before it becomes a skin scent.

The incense is present too, but it's much more in the background than up front and centre like it is in Bois d'Encens. I also find this a bit easier to wear than Bois d'Encens and its become my go to fragrance when I'm in the mood for an incense hit.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

Gorgeous smell. I get 3 vibes, simultaneously from this one: ambergris (I imagine, that brings a tobacco-like scent), incense and a concoction of spices that adds a honey-caramel warmth to this comforting, opulent fragrance. I like the simplistic, few ingredients direction of the Armani Privé line. You are not lost in a sea of scents but bathed in a minimalistic choice of quality essences. Longevity is 2-3 hours on me and sillage is discreet, but I didn't apply much. I would say, even though It is a rich, opulent fragrance, that it sits close to the skin. A personal fragrance that you would wear... for yourself! Rather expensive though 260$.

I would say it is a softer & creamier approach to Bois D'Encens. Bois D'Encens is a crude-brut church incense that I adore but find difficult to wear. A smell I enjoy more in a room rather than on myself. Layering Bois D'Encens and Rose D'Arabie is heaven! For men who find Rose D'Arabie too Feminine, the incense adds dryness and a little feel of austerity to this creamy delight!

Marciu

To me this smells like a mix of Bois d'Encens, Ambre Soie and Ambre Orient. Most prominent to my nose are labdanum, spices, amber and vanilla. Nice but nothing new...

Will update soon.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

The line already has an Incense one called "Bois D'Insense" which is now 10 years old. I love it for its authentic an ecclesial nature.

Given incense scents are still massively popular, the marketing team probably thought it was time for an update.

Sampled it today and I can honestly say it is rather beautiful. It is somewhat sweeter and softer and most certainly more feminine than "Bois D'Incense".

I guess the older version was too masculine and is now dropping in sales, so they launch a new revised version.

Very good indeed. If only the sillage and longevity was better.

I still believe that Amouage does Incense best. Hands down.

8/10. Very good for a female or someone who wants to explore incense for the first time. Good "starter pack" (but perhaps too safe, soft and smooth for an incense aficionado)

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

Great Great Great <3

170 euro / 100 ml

klaaon
klaaon

I am excited to try it!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Encens Satin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Encens Satin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Encens Satin by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Encens Satin by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.