Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Giorgio Armani for men

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone was launched in 2008. Top notes are mandarin orange, lemon and bergamot; middle notes are coriander, cardamom and pink pepper; base notes are patchouli and vetiver. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Fragrance Of The Year Men`s Nouveau Niche 2008.

Mandarin Orange Lemon Bergamot

Coriander Cardamom Pink Pepper

Patchouli Vetiver

Encre Noire Sport

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Fragrance Reviews

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Delicate, green and fresh. I really like this. But it doesn't last long on me so at that price I won't be buying.

lulabros
lulabros

The most mythical fragrance i' ve ever smelled...

Okay so... is this going to spellbind anyone? I doubt it!
It's very reminiscent of many Acqua di Parma's really, fresh citrus and fruit in the top with a super clean, delicately spiced woody dry down.
I found the opening to be very citrus and green too but pleasant and then the slighty rusty vetiver underneath is revealed. I get a slight tea vibe and some cardamom too.
To be honest, contrary to reviews on here the first time I tried it I found the vetiver quite earthy. On wearing it for a second time it's much cleaner and more reminiscent of Jo Malone vetyver, or 154.
I think it's common knowledge that I like a good scent like this when it's well done.
I'm not sure what this retails for but I'd imagine it's expensive so in that case I'd say go with an alternative.
I will say this... it has good longevity.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

A very forgettable take on vetiver.I really get confused when a fragrance takes its name from a well known note but simply fails to make a show.

As has been said by a few other reviewers here,the vetiver in this is so muted by the citruses that it makes me wonder who will be impressed by it.Of cos if you are new to and feel raw vetiver too sharp and dirty for you then maybe this will be a good starting point.
Given the price this sells for be it retail or from some discounters,I will advice against blind buying unless you are on some delusional trip in the fragrance world.

I will look for my vetiver fix from other well known ones.this is disappointing

parLAnuit
parLAnuit

memorable

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

DIVINE.

The Middle Easterners love this one. They are people very accustomed to good scents so i'm not surprised.
Very well crafted.
Salient longevity.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This was ok. I have had better Vetiver fragrance experiences than this. The vetiver seemed not too strong, or maybe other notes made it seem that way. It's citrusy, fresh, and light. Good for day time use, any ocassion. Try it.

kieuoanh
kieuoanh

Im female, but im using ths perfume n get addicted w it.....Is it wierd?...the storewoman told me this perfume is unisex but on Internet said just for men...Should I continue to use it :(((((

ckman2011

الانتشار جيد
يستحق التجربة

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

GREAT NATURAL FRAGRANCE,, SOPHISTICATED AN FRESH,,perfect for spring or winter or fall ,love it ,, is on the higher end ,an the price is for those that see it like chubb change.

stahlvivek
stahlvivek

The smell of good vetiver lingers for days together.just add a drop of the aromatic oil to a plastic bucket and smell it after months,wow what a complex earthy aroma it is!!

But Just because, 'Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone' has got the name vetiver, is everyone mentioning about it?..

I applied it today on my shirt and wrist and has been smelling it for 8 hours,it has not even got the least hint of vetiver..its an excellent perfume, i agree...But having lived in a vetiver country -india, and being very familiar with the herbal root and using it as a curtain, hand-fan, oil and even to spice up our drinking water,
I am very sure of what i speak..Guys you can buy this perfume for the brand's sake or its excellence..but if YOu are just buying it to smell vetiver, you will be highly disappointed!!

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

the citrus overwhelms the vetiver. it smells just like a commercial cologne. I dont know who will spend such a big money on this bottle...at least I wont.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

I smelled this today in the Armani store. I fell to my knees in awe. It smells amazing. To me, it captures the scent of the Italian country side in the summer. I get warm breezes in a field of Oranges and honeysuckles. Idk how accurate I am with the ingredients but thats what I got. Sweet honeysuckle oranges with a dash of vetiver. This master piece deserves more recognition.

A sutble creamy vetiver accord surrounded by green notes and a crispy citrus that's quite pleasant but far from being unique and justifying the outrageous price tag. At this prices I expect excellence, sorry. Yet another uninteresting woody-citrus.

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

I really like the scent mainly because of its definite association as a male scent. The scent was released last year. I tried scent because it came from another branch of the House of Armani. The bottle was plain, transparent with a butter yellow liquid and a stone-like-shape flacon.
The scent starts citrusy and then I thought it was something spicy and the dry down remained aromatic. The entire scent is woody aromatic. At first I thought this is just too traditional especially when it started citrusy. A lot of common scents start that way. There is Clinique Happy For Men which irresistibly refreshing, the entrance of Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone is so similar. Then suddenly after several minutes the scent sprawls too balmy. Within the huskiness I found coriander appealing yet in a more laid back perspective, the middle notes stirred something terse in terms of veering away from the refreshing start. Then after 15 minutes, it found a hefty mark with vetiver completing the whole scent. I find it sour instead of woody aromatic.

The scent is not complicated but too commercial I would say. There is nothing in the scent that reminds you for something special or something you want to cherish. Armani Prive is the haute couture branch of Giorgio Armani. Mostly, the creations we see are those worn by celebrities during the Academy Awards. Mostly of the scents that I’ve noticed with Armani Prive is the subtle look they have. It reminds me with the repetitive appearance from Marc Jacob’s perfumes. Some of the perfume from Armani Prive in the store look the same. I get the inspiration how similar they are and so tamed because this is the haute couture division. However, judging the scent, there is a little bit objection I would raise. In terms of sensibility, the scent lacks imagination and was so commercial because it literally draws the entire scent from “vetiver” which is one of the base notes. The first few sprays might be refreshing and the segue without a doubt was modest but the dry down stage was just
conventional. It seems I have tried this somewhere, or I have sniffed this elsewhere. There were lots of questions I have in my mind after I tried this. It really is not something outstanding like a haute couture design. It might be masculine but it is common.

my2scents
my2scents

This is a really wonderful take on vetiver. It's not an earthy, dirty vetiver but rather one brightened with some fruit notes, light musk, and fresh accords done in such a way that it's unlike the standard mainstream "fresh." I find it to be made in the style of Outrageous! by Frederic Malle (though that's not to say they smell alike). It's probably one of the more inoffensive of the Privé line, but it's certainly still unique and creates a nice aura that will have others, as well as yourself, wondering what that lovely smell is.

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani 4.58 out of 5 based on 75 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.