Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Giorgio Armani for men

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone was launched in 2008. Top notes are mandarin orange, lemon and bergamot; middle notes are coriander, cardamom and pink pepper; base notes are patchouli and vetiver. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Fragrance Of The Year Men`s Nouveau Niche 2008.

Mandarin Orange Lemon Bergamot

Coriander Cardamom Pink Pepper

Patchouli Vetiver

Encre Noire Sport

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone Fragrance Reviews

arinaf
arinaf

it's nice, but longevity is so weak!

Aldawai
Aldawai

one of the best fresh perfume

skal1971
skal1971

Love at first smell with this beautifull scent.

It's fresh, happy, confident, and above all confortable.
I discovered the Armani Privé line thanx to a great and tastefull woman in a department store.

First tried a sample, and decided to buy a bottle.

It's pricey (110€ for 100ml), but so worthy.

I understand the similarities with Encre Noir Sport, but Vetiver Babylone is smoother and classier. Encre Noir Sport is a great fragrance, but much more classical.

Anyway, a fantastic scent, not soapy, not harsh.

And the bottle and packaging are superb!

8j-sun3
8j-sun3

I've been into fragrances for only a couple of years steady now and I didn't really notice this privet line but when I did and came across this,instant fireworks, couldn't get enough of it. I've been wearing it ever since for two months now.. This is sexy, the amount of compliments I get with this is the most I've ever gotten from women and men wanting to know what I'm wearing... Don't watch the name of the frag. so deep cause what matters is the end result, do you like it or not.. 9 out of 10 are going to love it.. I could go on and on about this but, really!! "Every man should have a bottle of this".

jhitt793
jhitt793

I really enjoyed this fragrance, and consider it in my top 10 favorites of all time. It balances citrus, spices and woods perfectly. Initially I get a very rich citrus and cedar accord, with a faint sweetness in the background. Perhaps the sweetness I'm noting in the hesperidic opening is due to the mandarin. The heart of dry spices (coriander, pink peppercorn, and cardamom) is simply perfection. Their collective notes mirror perfectly with the dry/arid and woody qualities of the vetiver. The dry down is all about the eponymous vetiver from Java. This is a vetiver not quite like any I've experienced before. It clearly takes on a woody tonality, evoking the smell of freshly split cedar wood for me. All the while there are faint traces of citrus and spices in the background. Never has the fragrance of vetiver been captured so beautifully. I would compare this to Chanel's "Sycamore" from their Les Exclusifs collection as well as "Vetiver Tonka" by Hermes Hermessence line as my most favorite vetiver based fragrances. (151)

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

This is top class. Period.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A citrus infused, delightful take on vetiver - summery, sparkly and delicious.
It begins a teensy bit green with an air of Earl Grey Tea, that I surprisingly don't often get from bergamot predominant scents. It quickly settles into a thinner kind of vetiver, no smoke here, with an almost sweet blend of citruses whirling through it. Pretty linear, light and refreshing.
I do love this scent, but it's like a very well done AdP, as another reviewer mentioned, and can't quite justify the price tag. Especially when to me it was almost identical to Diptyque's Vetyverio, if slightly fresher. It's FB worthy to me, but I don't think I'll invest.

lulabros
lulabros

So fresh & strong aroma.
Try this and you' ll remember me.
Masterpiece.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Delicate, green and fresh. I really like this but it is short lived on my skin and I also feel like I had this before, like it's nothing new. So for that reason, at that price I won't be buying.

Okay so... is this going to spellbind anyone? I doubt it!
It's very reminiscent of many Acqua di Parma's really, fresh citrus and fruit in the top with a super clean, delicately spiced woody dry down.
I found the opening to be very citrus and green too but pleasant and then the slighty rusty vetiver underneath is revealed. I get a slight tea vibe and some cardamom too.
To be honest, contrary to reviews on here the first time I tried it I found the vetiver quite earthy. On wearing it for a second time it's much cleaner and more reminiscent of Jo Malone vetyver, or 154.
I think it's common knowledge that I like a good scent like this when it's well done.
I'm not sure what this retails for but I'd imagine it's expensive so in that case I'd say go with an alternative.
I will say this... it has good longevity.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

A very forgettable take on vetiver.I really get confused when a fragrance takes its name from a well known note but simply fails to make a show.

As has been said by a few other reviewers here,the vetiver in this is so muted by the citruses that it makes me wonder who will be impressed by it.Of cos if you are new to and feel raw vetiver too sharp and dirty for you then maybe this will be a good starting point.
Given the price this sells for be it retail or from some discounters,I will advice against blind buying unless you are on some delusional trip in the fragrance world.

I will look for my vetiver fix from other well known ones.this is disappointing

parLAnuit
parLAnuit

memorable

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

DIVINE.

The Middle Easterners love this one. They are people very accustomed to good scents so i'm not surprised.
Very well crafted.
Salient longevity.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This was ok. I have had better Vetiver fragrance experiences than this. The vetiver seemed not too strong, or maybe other notes made it seem that way. It's citrusy, fresh, and light. Good for day time use, any ocassion. Try it.

kieuoanh
kieuoanh

Im female, but im using ths perfume n get addicted w it.....Is it wierd?...the storewoman told me this perfume is unisex but on Internet said just for men...Should I continue to use it :(((((

ckman2011

الانتشار جيد
يستحق التجربة

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

GREAT NATURAL FRAGRANCE,, SOPHISTICATED AN FRESH,,perfect for spring or winter or fall ,love it ,, is on the higher end ,an the price is for those that see it like chubb change.

stahlvivek
stahlvivek

The smell of good vetiver lingers for days together.just add a drop of the aromatic oil to a plastic bucket and smell it after months,wow what a complex earthy aroma it is!!

But Just because, 'Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone' has got the name vetiver, is everyone mentioning about it?..

I applied it today on my shirt and wrist and has been smelling it for 8 hours,it has not even got the least hint of vetiver..its an excellent perfume, i agree...But having lived in a vetiver country -india, and being very familiar with the herbal root and using it as a curtain, hand-fan, oil and even to spice up our drinking water,
I am very sure of what i speak..Guys you can buy this perfume for the brand's sake or its excellence..but if YOu are just buying it to smell vetiver, you will be highly disappointed!!

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

the citrus overwhelms the vetiver. it smells just like a commercial cologne. I dont know who will spend such a big money on this bottle...at least I wont.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

I smelled this today in the Armani store. I fell to my knees in awe. It smells amazing. To me, it captures the scent of the Italian country side in the summer. I get warm breezes in a field of Oranges and honeysuckles. Idk how accurate I am with the ingredients but thats what I got. Sweet honeysuckle oranges with a dash of vetiver. This master piece deserves more recognition.

A sutble creamy vetiver accord surrounded by green notes and a crispy citrus that's quite pleasant but far from being unique and justifying the outrageous price tag. At this prices I expect excellence, sorry. Yet another uninteresting woody-citrus.

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

I really like the scent mainly because of its definite association as a male scent. The scent was released last year. I tried scent because it came from another branch of the House of Armani. The bottle was plain, transparent with a butter yellow liquid and a stone-like-shape flacon.
The scent starts citrusy and then I thought it was something spicy and the dry down remained aromatic. The entire scent is woody aromatic. At first I thought this is just too traditional especially when it started citrusy. A lot of common scents start that way. There is Clinique Happy For Men which irresistibly refreshing, the entrance of Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone is so similar. Then suddenly after several minutes the scent sprawls too balmy. Within the huskiness I found coriander appealing yet in a more laid back perspective, the middle notes stirred something terse in terms of veering away from the refreshing start. Then after 15 minutes, it found a hefty mark with vetiver completing the whole scent. I find it sour instead of woody aromatic.

The scent is not complicated but too commercial I would say. There is nothing in the scent that reminds you for something special or something you want to cherish. Armani Prive is the haute couture branch of Giorgio Armani. Mostly, the creations we see are those worn by celebrities during the Academy Awards. Mostly of the scents that I’ve noticed with Armani Prive is the subtle look they have. It reminds me with the repetitive appearance from Marc Jacob’s perfumes. Some of the perfume from Armani Prive in the store look the same. I get the inspiration how similar they are and so tamed because this is the haute couture division. However, judging the scent, there is a little bit objection I would raise. In terms of sensibility, the scent lacks imagination and was so commercial because it literally draws the entire scent from “vetiver” which is one of the base notes. The first few sprays might be refreshing and the segue without a doubt was modest but the dry down stage was just
conventional. It seems I have tried this somewhere, or I have sniffed this elsewhere. There were lots of questions I have in my mind after I tried this. It really is not something outstanding like a haute couture design. It might be masculine but it is common.

my2scents
my2scents

This is a really wonderful take on vetiver. It's not an earthy, dirty vetiver but rather one brightened with some fruit notes, light musk, and fresh accords done in such a way that it's unlike the standard mainstream "fresh." I find it to be made in the style of Outrageous! by Frederic Malle (though that's not to say they smell alike). It's probably one of the more inoffensive of the Privé line, but it's certainly still unique and creates a nice aura that will have others, as well as yourself, wondering what that lovely smell is.

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani 4.67 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.