Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Cedre Olympe Giorgio Armani for women and men

Cedre Olympe Giorgio Armani for women and men
dislike

A new fragrance from luxurious collection, Armani Prive, by the house of Giorgio Armani was introduced in April 2009. The fragrance Cedre Olympus was inspired by Gods of the Olympus, as well as precious tree sorts – cedar and pine. Breezes which bring a touch of sea and salt play beneath the mountain of Gods, Olympus, fondling our senses with a beautiful mixture of natural aromas.

This reinterpretation of sun-bathed regions, along with the winds fondling our imagination with marine air, salts, woody accords and citruses gives the perfect final touch to perfume Armani Prive Cedre Olympe.

Bitter orange, bergamot, lemon tree leaves, resins, solar accords and salty sea breeze, along with clear and powerful cedar and pine accords are combined in honour of Gods of the Olympus and were inspired by their strength, power and Aegean Sea coast.

Bergamot Petitgrain Bitter Orange Pine Virginia Cedar Resin

Cedre Olympe Fragrance Reviews

HUEbris
HUEbris

it was discontinued... so sad... it was beautiful and wonderful... truly tragedy.

lovescully
lovescully

This is a truly lovely scent.

I've been testing this now for about two weeks trying to decide between purchasing this or Vetiver Babylone which has a similar citrus/woody vibe; albeit much sweeter. Ultimately I made the plunge on a full bottle of Cèdre Olympe. I find this to be a far more interesting and certainly longer lasting and more powerful. For me the cedar note is quite a bit stronger than the citrus but the pungent lemon tree leaves still make quite an impact. This really is a wonderful combination of strong fresh citrus and an earthy cedar with a dash of pine.

While it's listed as unisex, I think this might be a bit cedar heavy for the ladies (not that there's anything wrong with ladies who wish to smell like cedar!).

Big thumbs up!

guest_Pattinson
guest_Pattinson

Like some of Dolce and Gabbana’s Anthology collection which are unisex fragrances, this particular scent from Armani Prive is a unisex scent too. I enjoy unisex fragrances because there are times that me and my husband will have uniform smell. We always enjoy the part of missing each other when I am traveling overseas for business endeavors and the only way to feel each other’s presence is to use the perfume that both of us are using. It is fun to have a unisex scent because of this reason. Thus, I am always in search for a unisex scent. Some perfume companies seldom release this. There are only a few every season and when there are occasion wherein a unisex scent is released, I make sure I have a piece of it. I never tested this when I bought this because of its assurance that it belongs to the unisex group then definitely this scent is flexible to both sexes.
The scent opens with bursting and common citrus flavor. There was bergamot on the top notes. I like how the opening was fixed in terms of intensity. It was just moderate and light. I would say it traditional but wait because the segue is very suspenseful. When I can sense citrus in a woody aromatic fragrance, I tend to anticipate a bigger smell during the segue. This was one of those perfumes which offers that. The citrus smell declined after several minutes and a bitter fragrance then ensued. There was petit grain and bitter orange which I guess was responsible for the bitter smell. It was intense and dingy for me. Then the woody nuances started to surface after several minutes. There were pine and cedar for the woody notes. The scent is well-pampered with aromatic notes which is the best quality. It stays longer in your skin too because of the intense smell derived from it. I have to note that this is one of those which has a strong smell all throughout. It transport you to an ambiance filled with woody hints and strong aromatic fragrances. I was just imagining green leaves which gives off bitter smell. There were some of those in my mind while I experienced the middle notes. It was very interesting and really strong. The scent is not really my favorite but I like the strength. It was uniformly strong in terms of longevity and the quality of the smell. Other scents is just a simple mixture of notes which ends up bitter without no taste at all but this one makes your nose feel convenient while testing it. This is not the type of woody aromatic smell which is a cliche like many others. It does not give you a disappointing mixture of notes but rather a one of a kind intense smell.

I do not have questions about the strength or longevity of the scent and the uniqueness. This one has showcased me satisfaction for both. It can really stay in your clothes for 24 hours. The uniqueness offered is something worth trying too. This smell has a compelling taste above all scents. Very rich in quality bitter smell which when you spray it feels great. However, my big objection about this scent is its being classified as unisex when I cannot wear this myself. Because of its intensity and the bitter notes on it, this is appropriately for men. In any angle, and in any stage, I am fully sure that this is for men and not a unisex scent. It has dark aura in its smell and a strong woody smell. I don’t find this beautiful for women.

Cedre Olympe by Giorgio Armani 4.50 out of 5 based on 30 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Cedre Olympe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Cedre Olympe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cedre Olympe by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cedre Olympe by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.