Designers » F-H » Leather « Groups

dislike

oud
leather
Cuir Noir Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures

Cuir Noir was inspired by the art of Arabian tanners. "Leather is an art. From Cordoba, Spain to the borders of the Atlas Mountains. With a wine patina, it takes the name of “cordovan”. Tattooed with gold, it is called “maroquin”." The perfume composition consists of Australian Sandalwood, Rose essence, Coriander, Nutmeg (in the top); Leather, Smoky Guaiac and Oud (in the heart); Tahitian Vanilla absolute and Benzoin balm (in the base). The fragrance is available in the 100ml bottle size. Cuir Noir was launched in 2011.

Sandalwood Guaiac Wood Nutmeg Coriander Benzoin Vanille Rose Agarwood (Oud) Leather

Cuir Noir Fragrance Reviews

sharmap14
sharmap14

they should have named this candy oud, lol i get a sweet slightly rosy syrupy oud leather scent. its really intoxicating TBH didnt think of it much at first but then i couldnt stop sniffing my wrist. its like someone mixed oud oil in some cream soda. good job armani but for 260$ the longevity and projection are terrible

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

I went to Armani Boutique in Dubai with my mind set on Oud Royal as i had sniffed and really liked it and almost decided on buying the same then I tried Cuir Noir and i was blow away with it.

Cuir noir is sexy Leather frag and it does the same thing to leather note as Tom ford NDN does to rose note which is it makes Leather very metro sexual

Leather is soft and very wearable it projects for about 4 hours and longevity abot 6-8 hours

I am very sure everyone will love its opening . I love this frag :)

ilikefragrantica
ilikefragrantica

i like all the leather scents!

Lmashell
Lmashell

For the last year this has been my favorite scent, the one disappointment being that it fades so quickly. To me the coriander, leather, and vanilla are the most obvious impression, fading to vanilla and a hint of leather after an hour.
The salesperson recommended this after I had already purchased Ombré Mercure...he thought I might be intrigued with the masculine leanings of Cuir Noir as well. I actually hesitated to buy such a non-feminine fragrance, but the test on my arm was all it took. Almost ready for a new bottle of this one.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Seems like Guerlain ,YSL and Amouage had a punch in the creation of these perfumes.
Cuir Noir= Guerlains Cuir Beluga
Cuir Amethyst: Chypre Fatal
Bois Encense & MyrrheImperial : YSL Nu (Old Formula)
Myrrhe Imperial also smells like a lesser version of Amouage Home spray Silk ROads.

Okay brief re-review as I've started on my second sample. I pretty much agree with my original sentiments a great smelling, resiny, Oud opening, quite sweet actually, which matures to a rough leather and vanilla this could be so fantastic if only it lasted. I must say I'm really enjoying the second wear this sent is right up my street and I'd even put up with the longevity & projection issues if it was significantly cheaper.

Denoula
Denoula

Very nice.
Friend's comment: "You smell like baby powder!" Yes, but baby powder noir or baby powder intense. Reminiscent of L'Instant Magic but a touch darker and more floral. I was expecting something a little more dramatic. Lasting power not great.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this isn 't a classic retro leather fragrance the vanilla and rose touch tend to subdue and gourmandize the result in a very particular way i would prefer to smell this on women skin .

jennylovesjohnny
jennylovesjohnny

I don't know if I am reviewing the same fragrance? The one I bought yesterday is phenomenal! It is sweetly mysterious. Not gourmand, but the opening does trigger visions of sugared brioche and other delectable creations in a French patisserie. Then the scent mellows into the most delightful incense. Smooth, rounded, bodied, blissful. Wow. I fell in love and bought a bottle immediately and I can't stop sniffing myself where I have sprayed this amazing scent.

For me, this is the fragrance I have been searching for probably my whole life. It is like liquid poetry, telling the tale of Arabian nights. It is what I expected all other noir fragrances to be. Sophisticated. Mysterious. Alluring. Addictive. Makes me feel powerful.

I'm sorry to all those people who aren't able to experience this enticing fragrance in all its glory.

At first when sprayed this had me excited a dank, mouldy Oud woodiness with almost sweet top notes that are perfectly complimentary. I thought this had the quality and balance of MFK Oud but sadly as it develops past the opening couple of minutes or so, it shows it's true colours. It's not bad as such but just very weak and longevity is poor. This is odd because I would've thought they'd use the same quality of Agarwood for all this collection (with the gold stoppers) and Oud royal is good and Myrrhe imperiale (although doesn't have Oud) is a favourite of mine.
The leather in this is there but not very pleasant and luckily not very strong when it emerges, nor does it stick around for long. Cuir noir is certainly not smooth or luxurious and does evoke more of a rough tanning vibe which is supposed to be Armani's intention. This fragrance is not bad just lacking in originality and strength at this price point. The dry down is subtle but pleasant if you like Oud...That's all I can say really.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Extremely disappointed. I got this fragrance and the scent cloud was virtually gone in 10 minutes. I sprayed this 6 times and poof gone. I had to dig my nose into my arm to smell this and it was very faint after 15-20 minutes. For $275, I think it is a major rip off. I expect much more from a fragrance....look elsewhere.

The actual fragrance is nice but who can smell it? Certainly not the wearer.

1 out of 10

nalknn
nalknn

For me the ideal wood-leather fragrance,древестные notes of masculinity,roses-tenderness,it looks like Ambre Nuit Dior, but Cuir Noir perhaps better for me.

Scentrist
Scentrist

After trying this, I was struck by a couple of very clear thoughts.

First is that this adds nothing new to the Oud conversation that either hasn't been tried before in a more refined, better executed approach. The second is how absolutely synthetic the leather accord was in this -- let's just call it "rubbery" and leave it there. Finally, the longevity and endurance behind this fragrance was horrible, fading into the sunset within perhaps 2-4 hours after being sprayed.

I'd best describe this as another "me too" designer attempt at packaging a high-end fragrance collection (Tom Ford, anyone?), bowing to the trends, and expecting a very selective customer to accept what is an otherwise moribund and mediocre experience. Not very noteworthy, not terribly fascinating, and poor execution made this one worth missing. Though now I can say I've given it a fair shake to see what the fuss was about, but I'm still missing the substance behind the hype.

lovescully
lovescully

This is a wonderful fragrance. It's a lush and warm oriental that's a bit smokey and quite woody.

I agree with B-Boy93 that the leather aspect here is implied, rather than presented as an actual 'leather' accord. I can clearly detect the presence of the sandalwood, some rose 'like' accord and the various spices. I guess that these combined with the slightly medicinal oud and woody aspects give off a certain representation of leather. It certainly doesn't have the same strong specific leather accord as presented in Armani's other leather Prive' offering Cuir Amethyste.

The drydown is all about vanilla and reminds me slightly of a spicy vanilla egg custard. It's at this stage of the fragrance's developement that I've received so many compliments when wearing Cuir Noir.

On my skin I've not experienced any of the longevity problems that others seem to have experienced. While it doesn't have a massive sillage trail, it certainly lasts on me for a good 8 hours or more.

new friend
new friend

عطر الجلود السوداء من جيورجي أرماني
هو مصنف كأحد عطور الجلود ولكني أراه كشقيقه جلود العثمانيين عطرا لا ينبغي أن تنخدع باسمه
فالعطر ليست للجلود فيه الهيمنة أو السيطرة على نوتاته وملامحه
البداية صراع رائع بين العود الهادئ الناعم وبين الورود والفانيليا
... تارة تشعر بالعود ثم ها هي الفانيليا ترتفع لالالالا إن الورد واضح كالشمس
بالفعل سيتلاعب به هذا المثلث العطري فترة من الزمن ربما هي الأروع
الآن أخشاب الغياك نعم أستطيع أن أميزها عن أخشاب الصندل العطرية الحادة الخلابة
الغياك قوي وناعم، له عبقه الخاص، وقد أحسن توظيفه هنا مع هذه النوتات الحالمة من الفانيليا والورود
والآن حيلة ودهاء السيد جورجي أن يكون للعطر أجواء أكثر مما سبق حتى يحوز بعض الامتياز والتميز
الجلود الفاخرة الناعمة على خلاف المستخدمة في توسكان ليذر وجودولفين، هنا الجلود ذات رائحة مسكية مغرية
ثم ينثر فوق العطر بمهارة شديدة التوابل لتزيد الخلطة حنكة ونضجا القليل من جوزة الطيب والكسبرة والآن البنزوين لتثبيت المكونات والعمل كوقود مجدد للفانيليا والورود كلما ظننت نهايتهما
الثبات ممتاز لأكثر من 8 ساعات والفوحان جيد جدا لدائرة قطرها 3 أميال فقط هههههههههه
العطر بشكل عام جميل ومثير وربما هو أجمل ما شممت من مجموعة جيورجي أرماني الخاصة
من خارج المجموعة الشرقية عود رويال و عنبر أورينت

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

Wish it lasted longer

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is very sophisticated ...... it is haute couture in a bottle. Sexy. This is truly not for cheap perfume lovers but I love it . Dont care about the price.

Bierre
Bierre

Hi, I have one of this in 100 ml to swap or sell. Looking for Tom Ford Italian Cypress or Armani Bois d'encens ONLY.

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

FAIL by Armani!
The leather (if there is any) fades fast and is gone in 30 Minutes. It seems hidden under lots of Caramel Clouds that CUIR. No strong oud accords i get, more like old almonds in the Sun. Amber and Vanilla smell come up and dominate. Like a milk-toffee candy. Sweet and Cheap. This one stays about 4 hours. Maybe less. Stays very close to your skin. That's it. Nothing special. A little bit like AMBER by MARC JACOBS mixed with ROCHAS MAN. Not worth the money. Sorry.

scent: 2/10
longevity: 3/10
sillage: 3/10

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

The fourth fragrance in the series 1001 Nights adds a little mystery to people, which use it.

Cuir Noir is another fragrance for women and men, who are chic... and not (Thanks God!)for low-cost celebrities...

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Rose,oud,leather and a slight boozy vanille is what I'm mainly picking up from this scent. To me it smells like cream which has a hint of a lacquer added to it. It's very linear and has little development. Not to my taste at all.

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

I am a female and I think for a woman this is absolutely a dark, sexy scent. Would smell also sexy on a man!

rogson
rogson

Sooooo disappointed in this one. No leather, No oud. Only vanilla. That's it. Nothing special about This vanilla either. Boring and too vanilla-y with nothing else!

Update: Tried this fragrance a few more times and I am now smelling a very pleasant, mellow oud along with the vanilla. Strange how the first few sprays from my decant did not have any smell but vanilla. Much nicer than at first!

Alexdps
Alexdps

I fell in love with this unique and mysterious one. Once again Armani Privé surprised me.
I happen to have a spare couple of it and am willing to sell them, if interested please mail me on alexis_dps@yahoo.fr
Cheers

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

My father used melted stannary and resin to glue together small metal parts of broken machines. I used to love to see how the metal melts and the resin melts and evaporates into a wonderful perfume. The melted resin is what this perfume reminds me of.
It smells a little bit like a toned down incense blended with sandalwood and rose oil. It's a beautiful oriental, not as powerful as I would expect of it but is has good staying power.
If only it were a little bit cheaper... :-

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

The leather here is more implied for me, it's not as obvious as something like Tom Ford's 'Tuscan Leather', it's much more intricate; something you analyse, and then think 'leather'. Oud most definitely - it's an homage to the Arabian night. I really like it now, thinking back to my sampling of it. It's very dark, but perhaps not as heavy as Oud Royal. It is a unique interpretation of an increasingly ubiquitous ingredient, but perhaps in that respect, it's attempting to profit from the 'Private Collection/Blend/Range/Line/etc.etc.etc...' movement. As the modern market shifts from Western dominance to the rising East, fragrances like this (which cater more to their tastes) will become ever more.

Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani 4.35 out of 5 based on 121 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Cuir Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Cuir Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.