Designers » F-H » Leather « Groups

dislike

oud
leather
Cuir Noir Giorgio Armani for women and men Pictures

Cuir Noir was inspired by the art of Arabian tanners. "Leather is an art. From Cordoba, Spain to the borders of the Atlas Mountains. With a wine patina, it takes the name of “cordovan”. Tattooed with gold, it is called “maroquin”." The perfume composition consists of Australian Sandalwood, Rose essence, Coriander, Nutmeg (in the top); Leather, Smoky Guaiac and Oud (in the heart); Tahitian Vanilla absolute and Benzoin balm (in the base). The fragrance is available in the 100ml bottle size. Cuir Noir was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson.

Sandalwood Guaiac Wood Nutmeg Coriander Benzoin Vanille Rose Agarwood (Oud) Leather Ambergris

Saffron Amber Agarwood Cardamom
D600
Amber & Patchouli
24 Gold

Cuir Noir Fragrance Reviews

adrienn99
adrienn99

drydown is surprisingly similar to ScentStory 24 Gold. (one third of the price), so for me does not justify the marked-up pricing

polly golightly
polly golightly

nonostante il nome rimandi ad un accordo cuoiato, io ci sento tutt'altro. ed è un tutt'altro che mi piace moltissimo. si tratta di un profumo molto mediorientale, con una prima fase di rosa e oud che rasenta il gourmand, grazie anche al benzoino che conferisce all'insieme un bel calore resinoso. col tempo si assesta su sentori assai simili al mio amato ameer al oud di lattafa (che è quasi medicinale) ma con un fondo più morbido di cuoio. molto bello!

jockinjb

Unique
Masterpiece

Al Ma'aini
Al Ma'aini

I feel in love with this unique perfume from first sniff espisaly with magical compensation leather , oud , vanilla , rose, which made it very luxurious perfume. I bought the more than 3 bottles and I got a lot of question about it from my frinds.

10/10 owsem

Madrona
Madrona

Vanillic leathery oud - this one does what it says on the tin. I was curious what I would think of it because I don't possess the most refined of noses, and oud is a very polarizing scent. I have only tried one other fragrance that prominently features oud, Valentina Oud Assoluto, which is very pungent to my nose, revolting even. This one I find dark and lovely.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Starts off straight up leather mixed with slightly medicinal dirty oud. I’m a big oud fan, so I really like this. It’s a little rough around the edges and I mean that is a good way, it’s smoky and dark, the way a true oud should be. It softens downs nicely and becomes slightly sweeter, at least on my skin. This is when the rose and vanilla come to the surface. Not obviously sweet, but sweet in a dry, nutmegy spicy way. Finally the wood notes come out in the dry down giving this a soft, natural and slightly musky finish. This stuff is pricey and I bought blind because I saw a deal on eBay I couldn’t pass up. I paid just enough to take a gamble, thinking if I hate I’ll just sell it to someone…long story short, I really really like this. It’s got a definite expensive high quality air about it, total sophistication and elegance from beginning to end of the dry down. Can be unisex, but veers more to the masculine side for me. Only flaw is the longevity. It’s not as horrible as some reviews say, but it’s got about 3-4 hour life span. Not a good fragrance to spray heavy either because the opening is so strong. Still, it’s a truly beautiful scent.

kbot
kbot

The opening was all licorice and benzoin, but within ten minutes it has settled. Very leather, vanilla, oud. Anyone who wears this, male or female, would smell a little dangerous to me. I like it ;)

landshark321
landshark321

Armani's Cuir Noir in the Prive line is a leather/vanilla combination that while pleasant, as these main notes play off of one another, is not terribly unique. There's a hint of oud, as well, but it's mostly a leather/vanilla pairing that I could see being a crowd-pleaser, as it's unoffensive, but it isn't particularly special. It starts out heavier on the leather and oud and dries down more heavily on the vanilla.

Its name is apparently, as Cuir Noir lends itself to the night use--dates, parties, etc.--not something to be worn casually or during the day. Usage-wise, then, it lends formal, and it makes for a good option in that respect. However, it's difficult to justify the cost (nearly $300) when the uniqueness is limited, and the performance is decent but not strong for an EDP, especially of this price, though it is less than $200 on BeautySpin. The only Prive line I've purchased is Rose d'Arabie, which I regarded as far more special and unique, though I'm told Myrrh Imperiale and Oud Royal are both strong entries.

Cuir Noir merits trying, since this could certainly be the signature night scent of many men. Even women might enjoy it, given that the leather and oud are softened greatly (and overtaken in the dry down) by the vanilla.

7 out of 10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I thought that I was the only one who wasn't able to smell any leather being the main note. After spraying it on my skin, unfortunately the aroma was less than expected being part of the Prive collection. Unfortunately it was very flat...Longevity and silage was very low on my skin. I don't know if it's my nose meter or my skin but it didn't do much for me. 3/10
Edit,
Since, I've tried this juice and it just does nothing for me being a nieche fragrance from Armani. I'm not expecting a sweet/creamy leather, I just want to get the vib of leather coming through. I get a dry woodsy tuff brittle leather vib with very little leftover. I wish I could of had a different experience because I have 3 frag's from this collection and enjoy all 3. Sorry I'll pass on this one

acidnbass
acidnbass

A very creamy, rich yet light woody oriental with saffron topnotes and a very smooth benzoin and vanilla drydown. I'm actually flummoxed as to how saffron is nowhere mentioned in its list of accords; perhaps the leather accord is supplanted in people's minds and the clean, watery, and almost chemically identity of saffron is being misinterpreted? Or maybe I'm all wronng; if there isn't saffron, then somehow the floral elements blended with the guaiac and sandalwood evoke a strikingly similar semblance. But instantly, saffron, and it's wonderful. It's watery cleanness lends a balance to what could potentially be an overwhelming mixture of rich and intense accords.

Very gender mixed. I'd say gender neutral, but here I think the genders are more mixed like a salad than a homogenous mixture—the sweet vanilla and benzoin with the floral leather speaks to femininity, but the darker oud, guaiac, and spicy notes add an intense richness that can come across musky and animalic. Thus, it is a gender mixed scent best for those who speak strongly to both genders, as both femininity and masculinity hold an affirmative rather than passive identity here.

Moderate sillage, although I never like to spray this one too generously but rather keep a dab on my wrist to revel in throughout the day. Its tenacious, but only through the benzoin—however the dry down at the end is one of most delicious creamy vanilla scents I've smelled!

Go get your sample!

fuggerone
fuggerone

this should be named Rip Off De Cuir, lasts half an hour and has no sillage at all!

khaled.kaseb
khaled.kaseb

BIG DISAPPOINTED, I agree with whomever is saying this perfume doesn't last 15 minutes, it is a big waste of money as it doesn't even stay for one hour for such amount of money $ 275.00, What a waste!! I am not sure about the rest of the prive collection but I was totally disappointed.

houstcs
houstcs

This is an oud that transcends the oudy scent on myself, unlike many others (which smell like cherry coke/medicine to my nose). The leather mixed with oud and incense blend well to perform heavy and slightly dark. A little edible skank if you will, but not overbearing. I did have to spritz a little more than you would want for price, but it's great at that point. If you like this, but are disappointed by performance give Mona Di Orio Cuir a try, or even Dior Cuir Cannage. They perform much better and smell in the same family.

Lauren Da
Lauren Da

I love this one and I was trying so hard to find a dupe cause I don't wanna spend so much on a perfume.... plus people were commenting that it is not long lasting etc... so a dupe would be awesome! And I finally found it!!!! I was more than happy to discover it! It is saffron- cardammom- amber by Korres. It smells the same and its lasting power is pretty much ok... plus its price is so so low and it is excellent value for money :-) u r welcome!

Little Prince
Little Prince

This has been a disappointment for me. Because at this level I don't simply expect quality materials but mainly innovative compositions. In this case this is neither cuir nor noir as it has too little leather for being a proper cuir and is too safe to be effectively noir. The opening is rosy sweet (the sandalwood) something that made me re-check the sample I had used (in fear of it being Rose D'Arabie) and although I expected the heart and dry-down to offer the thrill, the thrill never came. Instead I got the same rose and the sweetness coming now from different players (benzoin, vanilla) hovering the small amount of leather in there. Hopefully the oud helps the composition keep its dignity and saves it form drowning into gourmandishness. All in all, it smells to me more of woody vanilla with lots of rose than what it is supposed to. Mainly though, I dislike it because it's a fragrance that lacks character and if I want a friendly safe composition that doesn't intrude or makes a statement I can choose much cheaper ones. There also are better oud and rose perfumes out there form this one (here its is I write about rose and oud instead of leather and that says it all).

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

This is immaculately beautiful stuff. The opening is sort of like a woody spice cake with a nice rose icing on top. The coriander and nutmeg both are prominent but there are definitely hints of whats to come. The dry down is a delectably smooth vanillic leathery oud combo that I instantly fell in love with. 20 minutes after spraying I decided that I needed a bottle and I felt like it profoundly spoke to me. Thankfully i waited a few hours because it almost entirely vanished on my skin :(. For the money it is extremely hard to justify these kind of performance issues. Talk about wasted potential. If this had at least average longevity I would absolutely drop everything and buy it instantly. All it gets is a like from me. A somber like.

Arsenal Till I Die
Arsenal Till I Die

Won an auction and scored this for an extremely cheap, $97! mind you, being a blind purchase. So the following day i sampled this at the shops on paper and was bitterly disappointed because all i could smell was a prominent Rose & Oud combination. I had nowhere to spray it on my skin as i had already sprayed multiple scents on both arms but knew that it would play out much differently on skin and boy was i delighted once it did! It was a completely different experience. Cuir Noir is a soft leather which is well blended with the Oud, Rose, Guaiac wood and vanilla. As it dries down the Rose falls deep into the background and the woods and vanilla come through. A very charming and alluring scent perfect for a night out and should be sampled on skin as with ALL fragrances.

Edit: As other have mentioned projection and longevity are disappointing for the retail price that they are asking for, you'd certainly expect better. Other than that i believe that this one is the more underrated from the 1001 nights collection.

sharmap14
sharmap14

they should have named this candy oud, lol i get a sweet slightly rosy syrupy oud leather scent. its really intoxicating TBH didnt think of it much at first but then i couldnt stop sniffing my wrist. its like someone mixed oud oil in some cream soda. good job armani but for 260$ the longevity and projection are terrible

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

I went to Armani Boutique in Dubai with my mind set on Oud Royal as i had sniffed and really liked it and almost decided on buying the same then I tried Cuir Noir and i was blown away with it.

Cuir noir is sexy Leather frag and it does the same thing to leather note as Tom ford NDN does to rose note which is it makes Leather very metro sexual

Leather is soft and very wearable it projects for about 4 hours and longevity abot 6-8 hours

I am very sure everyone will love its opening . I love this frag :) 8/10

ilikefragrantica
ilikefragrantica

i like all the leather scents!

Lmashell
Lmashell

For the last year this has been my favorite scent, the one disappointment being that it fades so quickly. To me the coriander, leather, and vanilla are the most obvious impression, fading to vanilla and a hint of leather after an hour.
The salesperson recommended this after I had already purchased Ombré Mercure...he thought I might be intrigued with the masculine leanings of Cuir Noir as well. I actually hesitated to buy such a non-feminine fragrance, but the test on my arm was all it took. Almost ready for a new bottle of this one.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Seems like Guerlain ,YSL and Amouage had a punch in the creation of these perfumes.
Cuir Noir= Guerlains Cuir Beluga
Cuir Amethyst: Chypre Fatal
Bois Encense & MyrrheImperial : YSL Nu (Old Formula)
Myrrhe Imperial also smells like a lesser version of Amouage Home spray Silk ROads.

Okay brief re-review as I've started on my second sample. I pretty much agree with my original sentiments a great smelling, resiny, Oud opening, quite sweet actually, which matures to a rough leather and vanilla this could be so fantastic if only it lasted. I must say I'm really enjoying the second wear this sent is right up my street and I'd even put up with the longevity & projection issues if it was significantly cheaper.

Denoula
Denoula

Very nice.
Friend's comment: "You smell like baby powder!" Yes, but baby powder noir or baby powder intense. Reminiscent of L'Instant Magic but a touch darker and more floral. I was expecting something a little more dramatic. Lasting power not great.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this isn 't a classic retro leather fragrance the vanilla and rose touch tend to subdue and gourmandize the result in a very particular way i would prefer to smell this on women skin .

jennylovesjohnny
jennylovesjohnny

I don't know if I am reviewing the same fragrance? The one I bought yesterday is phenomenal! It is sweetly mysterious. Not gourmand, but the opening does trigger visions of sugared brioche and other delectable creations in a French patisserie. Then the scent mellows into the most delightful incense. Smooth, rounded, bodied, blissful. Wow. I fell in love and bought a bottle immediately and I can't stop sniffing myself where I have sprayed this amazing scent.

For me, this is the fragrance I have been searching for probably my whole life. It is like liquid poetry, telling the tale of Arabian nights. It is what I expected all other noir fragrances to be. Sophisticated. Mysterious. Alluring. Addictive. Makes me feel powerful.

I'm sorry to all those people who aren't able to experience this enticing fragrance in all its glory.

At first when sprayed this had me excited a dank, mouldy Oud woodiness with almost sweet top notes that are perfectly complimentary. I thought this had the quality and balance of MFK Oud but sadly as it develops past the opening couple of minutes or so, it shows it's true colours. It's not bad as such but just very weak and longevity is poor. This is odd because I would've thought they'd use the same quality of Agarwood for all this collection (with the gold stoppers) and Oud royal is good and Myrrhe imperiale (although doesn't have Oud) is a favourite of mine.
The leather in this is there but not very pleasant and luckily not very strong when it emerges, nor does it stick around for long. Cuir noir is certainly not smooth or luxurious and does evoke more of a rough tanning vibe which is supposed to be Armani's intention. This fragrance is not bad just lacking in originality and strength at this price point. The dry down is subtle but pleasant if you like Oud...That's all I can say really.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Extremely disappointed. I got this fragrance and the scent cloud was virtually gone in 10 minutes. I sprayed this 6 times and poof gone. I had to dig my nose into my arm to smell this and it was very faint after 15-20 minutes. For $275, I think it is a major rip off. I expect much more from a fragrance....look elsewhere.

The actual fragrance is nice but who can smell it? Certainly not the wearer.

1 out of 10

Scentrist
Scentrist

After trying this, I was struck by a couple of very clear thoughts.

First is that this adds nothing new to the Oud conversation that either hasn't been tried before in a more refined, better executed approach. The second is how absolutely synthetic the leather accord was in this -- let's just call it "rubbery" and leave it there. Finally, the longevity and endurance behind this fragrance was horrible, fading into the sunset within perhaps 2-4 hours after being sprayed.

I'd best describe this as another "me too" designer attempt at packaging a high-end fragrance collection (Tom Ford, anyone?), bowing to the trends, and expecting a very selective customer to accept what is an otherwise moribund and mediocre experience. Not very noteworthy, not terribly fascinating, and poor execution made this one worth missing. Though now I can say I've given it a fair shake to see what the fuss was about, but I'm still missing the substance behind the hype.

lovescully
lovescully

This is a wonderful fragrance. It's a lush and warm oriental that's a bit smokey and quite woody.

I agree with B-Boy93 that the leather aspect here is implied, rather than presented as an actual 'leather' accord. I can clearly detect the presence of the sandalwood, some rose 'like' accord and the various spices. I guess that these combined with the slightly medicinal oud and woody aspects give off a certain representation of leather. It certainly doesn't have the same strong specific leather accord as presented in Armani's other leather Prive' offering Cuir Amethyste.

The drydown is all about vanilla and reminds me slightly of a spicy vanilla egg custard. It's at this stage of the fragrance's developement that I've received so many compliments when wearing Cuir Noir.

On my skin I've not experienced any of the longevity problems that others seem to have experienced. While it doesn't have a massive sillage trail, it certainly lasts on me for a good 8 hours or more.

new friend
new friend

عطر الجلود السوداء من جيورجي أرماني
هو مصنف كأحد عطور الجلود ولكني أراه كشقيقه جلود العثمانيين عطرا لا ينبغي أن تنخدع باسمه
فالعطر ليست للجلود فيه الهيمنة أو السيطرة على نوتاته وملامحه
البداية صراع رائع بين العود الهادئ الناعم وبين الورود والفانيليا
... تارة تشعر بالعود ثم ها هي الفانيليا ترتفع لالالالا إن الورد واضح كالشمس
بالفعل سيتلاعب به هذا المثلث العطري فترة من الزمن ربما هي الأروع
الآن أخشاب الغياك نعم أستطيع أن أميزها عن أخشاب الصندل العطرية الحادة الخلابة
الغياك قوي وناعم، له عبقه الخاص، وقد أحسن توظيفه هنا مع هذه النوتات الحالمة من الفانيليا والورود
والآن حيلة ودهاء السيد جورجي أن يكون للعطر أجواء أكثر مما سبق حتى يحوز بعض الامتياز والتميز
الجلود الفاخرة الناعمة على خلاف المستخدمة في توسكان ليذر وجودولفين، هنا الجلود ذات رائحة مسكية مغرية
ثم ينثر فوق العطر بمهارة شديدة التوابل لتزيد الخلطة حنكة ونضجا القليل من جوزة الطيب والكسبرة والآن البنزوين لتثبيت المكونات والعمل كوقود مجدد للفانيليا والورود كلما ظننت نهايتهما
الثبات ممتاز لأكثر من 8 ساعات والفوحان جيد جدا لدائرة قطرها 3 أميال فقط هههههههههه
العطر بشكل عام جميل ومثير وربما هو أجمل ما شممت من مجموعة جيورجي أرماني الخاصة
من خارج المجموعة الشرقية عود رويال و عنبر أورينت

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

Wish it lasted longer

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is very sophisticated ...... it is haute couture in a bottle. Sexy. This is truly not for cheap perfume lovers but I love it . Dont care about the price.

Bierre
Bierre

Hi, I have one of this in 100 ml to swap or sell. Looking for Tom Ford Italian Cypress or Armani Bois d'encens ONLY.

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

FAIL by Armani!
The leather (if there is any) fades fast and is gone in 30 Minutes. It seems hidden under lots of Caramel Clouds that CUIR. No strong oud accords i get, more like old almonds in the Sun. Amber and Vanilla smell come up and dominate. Like a milk-toffee candy. Sweet and Cheap. This one stays about 4 hours. Maybe less. Stays very close to your skin. That's it. Nothing special. A little bit like AMBER by MARC JACOBS mixed with ROCHAS MAN. Not worth the money. Sorry.

scent: 2/10
longevity: 3/10
sillage: 3/10

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

The fourth fragrance in the series 1001 Nights adds a little mystery to people, which use it.

Cuir Noir is another fragrance for women and men, who are chic... and not (Thanks God!)for low-cost celebrities...

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Rose,oud,leather and a slight boozy vanille is what I'm mainly picking up from this scent. To me it smells like cream which has a hint of a lacquer added to it. It's very linear and has little development. Not to my taste at all.

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

I am a female and I think for a woman this is absolutely a dark, sexy scent. Would smell also sexy on a man!

rogson
rogson

Sooooo disappointed in this one. No leather, No oud. Only vanilla. That's it. Nothing special about This vanilla either. Boring and too vanilla-y with nothing else!

Update: Tried this fragrance a few more times and I am now smelling a very pleasant, mellow oud along with the vanilla. Strange how the first few sprays from my decant did not have any smell but vanilla. Much nicer than at first!

Alexdps
Alexdps

I fell in love with this unique and mysterious one. Once again Armani Privé surprised me.
I happen to have a spare couple of it and am willing to sell them, if interested please mail me on [email protected]
Cheers

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

My father used melted stannary and resin to glue together small metal parts of broken machines. I used to love to see how the metal melts and the resin melts and evaporates into a wonderful perfume. The melted resin is what this perfume reminds me of.
It smells a little bit like a toned down incense blended with sandalwood and rose oil. It's a beautiful oriental, not as powerful as I would expect of it but is has good staying power.
If only it were a little bit cheaper... :-

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

The leather here is more implied for me, it's not as obvious as something like Tom Ford's 'Tuscan Leather', it's much more intricate; something you analyse, and then think 'leather'. Oud most definitely - it's an homage to the Arabian night. I really like it now, thinking back to my sampling of it. It's very dark, but perhaps not as heavy as Oud Royal. It is a unique interpretation of an increasingly ubiquitous ingredient, but perhaps in that respect, it's attempting to profit from the 'Private Collection/Blend/Range/Line/etc.etc.etc...' movement. As the modern market shifts from Western dominance to the rising East, fragrances like this (which cater more to their tastes) will become ever more.