Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Pour Homme (new) Giorgio Armani for men

Eau Pour Homme (new) Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

Eau Pour Homme (new) Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Eau Pour Homme (new) Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Fashion house Armani presented its first masculine fragrance Eau Pour Homme in 1984. Sharp, strong, citrusy and aromatic, this one has become a classic among men's fragrances. Almost 30 years later, in February the 2013, Armani launches a new version of Eau Pour Homme and a brand new nocturnal edition Eau de Nuit.

New Eau Pour Homme apparently did not change much. The bottle design is updated and the composition is adapted with ingredients that are available today. The top is ruled by fresh citruses like bergamot and mandarin, along with aromatic basil. The heart of clove, lily and nutmeg is laid on the base of patchouli, oak moss and sandalwood.

British violinist Charlie Siem and Italian photographer (son of Italian Vogue editor in chief Franca Sozzani) Francesco Carrozzini are chosen as the models for the new fragrances. The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Basil

Cloves Lily Nutmeg

Patchouli Oakmoss Sandalwood

Armani Eau Pour Homme

Eau Pour Homme (new) Fragrance Reviews

Tchelo
Tchelo

I agree with eliweisz. I had and enjoyed the old version and blind bought this one. It was dissapointing, indeed. The only thing that gets one attention is the bergamont/lemon opening, but since it lasts very little, its not worth the money. The drydown and sillage are, once again, very dissapointing.Didn´t expect a fragrance´s new version to be so different from what I expected, specially regarding the middle and base notes.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Tried it last week, hoping to test the new version and revive my rather distant memories of the old one. So...
Opening: sharp, citric, very much in the style of Dior Eau Sauvage. Floral notes join the choir in a couple of minutes, softening the scent and at the same time making it even more powerful.
Development: rather calm and linear, basil joined by beautifully balanced nutmeg and clove.
Drydown: sweet, woody, very close to the skin and rather boring. I'd call it 'shallow' - quite opposite to luxurious depths of Eau Sauvage.
Longevity: moderate.
Sillage: after an hour, disappointing.
Verdict: soft and non-offensive modern classic. Try before you buy! Personally, I'll opt for something else.

CGV
CGV

Amazing stuff! The new is actually better than the old version! The bottle is way nicer as well. Citrus Aromatic at its best, with heavenly oakmoss lingering in the drydown for hours. It manages all that without smelling dated or having an "old mans" vibe. I have been looking for such a perfectional daytime scent for a long time! Bravo!

O2
O2

عطر صيفي مناسب للاستخدام اليومي ويعتبر النسخة
المطورة من عطر ارماني اووم القديم .

درجة ثباته وفوحانه متوسطة ، ورائحته تتقبلها جميع الأنوف !
وهو عطر كلاسيكي صرف ..

تقيمي العام للعطر :

mizie5555
mizie5555

So manly....lasting and value for money.

kuswantono kreator
kuswantono kreator

Apa yang terjadi??? Seperti membeli sebotol racun , ketika saya semprotkan EPH Armani awalnya aroma citrus + rempah , beberapa saat kemudian ( dan seterusnya ) menyebabkan rasa menyengat pahit di hidung mulut dan tenggorokan serta sulit bernafas , sehingga sehari setelah membelinya langsung saya buang parfum ini . Sangat mengecewakan sekali padahal belum genap setahun tanggal produksi yang ada di bawah kemasan , bagaimana jika pabrik parfum ataupun noses-nya tahu akan hal ini ? tentu mereka juga akan sangat kecewa . Memang nampaknya cuaca panas ekstrim yang disebabkan badai matahari beberapa tahun belakangan ( hingga saat ini ) jadi penyebabnya , parfum menjadi mudah rusak karena tidak tahan hawa panas selama pendistribusian dan penyimpanan yang keliru . Ekstra hati2 dalam membeli parfum ! karena dengan harga yang relatif mahal saya masih banyak menjumpai parfum yang sudah tidak layak pakai lagi ...

bassdemon
bassdemon

The perfume notes may differ slightly between the two versions depending on what review you read so I rushed out and bought a bottle of the original thinking my favourite fragrance of all time was about to disappear. Thankfully after testing the new version I don't detect any difference between this new version and the original. It just seems to be re-packaged more than re-formulated. Phew!
This is the best lime / orange citrus fragrance on the market. No competition.

marioslg3
marioslg3

guys i have the older version and need to know the similarities or differences with this one, if it worths the purchase. Can you please through some light? Shall i buy it as it is more updated etc or it doesnt't worth it?

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Return of the Freakin' Jedi!!!!
I've been in longing for this for a long time! i used up too many bottles of the original Armani Eau Pour Homme, which was discontinued in many parts of Asia but reproduced in a "screwed up" version mostly in Europe and America, it lacked the magical ingredient which made what it is the "Oakmoss"; this newer version smelled like a distant gay cousin - what a loss! when i smelled this one (the re-"re"-imagined) i was immediately transported to my first experience with the original eau pour homme - i heard the folks have figured out a way to leave out the a part of the molecule in oakmoss that is banned by IFRA (the perfume regulating body) and include the rest - this is almost 90% there - i guess i'll take it - its light just like the orignal, so theres an after shave version as well! and you need to be a real man to strut this - so boys beware. 9/10.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Classy. But I don't like it for me. Nutmeg a bit too much, it's more of a 30+ fragrance.

Housebliss
Housebliss

Beautiful citrus opening, not too sharp but well rounded. Very impressed by this one. The citrus smells very natural, not synthetic at all.

Another thing I noticed; when I sprayed the tester in the store I wasn't sure I liked it. It seemed a little meh.... But I bought a bottle anyway and it smells wonderful.

Maybe the light in the store ruined the tester fragrance, as it did smell a little off. Considering the tester couldn't be older than a couple of months, I'd recommend you keep this in a cool dark place just to be sure.

Amazing spritzer by the way!

Update: Very similar to Boucheron Homme in the opening. I'm also finding it similar to Eau Sauvage and Pour Monsieur (two of my favourites). If you enjoy the aforementioned fragrances you should definitely try this one.

Update 2: It doesn't evolve much. It's pretty linear, and what you get at the top is pretty much the whole scent, mandarin orange being dominant.

Try it if you like citrus fragrances.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

the opening citrus/lemon notes doesnt last longer..but strangely replaced with aromatic scent that is so manly & warm. love it,...totally seducing!

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

The first thing that I thought of when I first sprayed this was grass. I get a lot of green herb notes i.e. the basil however in the opening there is citrus and a sharp lemon note which makes this very bright and fresh. The opening is very strong but in a confident bold way.

After about half an hour the citrus notes fade along with projection and the fragrance becomes more woody and earthy with the green herb notes in the background. Quite like this fragrance very fresh and great for summer. visit my site for more detailed reviews mrproductreview.com

Deefit
Deefit

Opens with a lot of citrus, I like it! But the citrus fades away after about 20 minutes and from there I don't like the fragrance anymore.

Migalex
Migalex

I would think this is an aromatic fougere fragrance. It is very bitter and similar to hundreds of other male scents. I am sure this is a very appreciated type of scent, but personally I find it horrible, neither more nor less horrible than the other similar scents, just the same, to be fair. Originality zero. As for the scent it is a matter of taste.

mohoyahya
mohoyahya

for people who like citrus smell its perfect. but not for me as i prefer flowers to citress

Martinello
Martinello

This opens very nice with a fresh lemon smell.
After about 15 minutes it evolves into lemon with nutmeg. Strangely this reminded me of my grandfather that past away, who I think never wore fragrances. I feel that I'm a bit to young for this fragrance(I'm 27), but maybe it's because of the memory of my grandfather.

Endymion
Endymion

A really nice re-issue! :) I'm not sure I would buy it because of the high price (and the bottle feels disappointingly cheap...), but it's surely a nice and safe composition, maybe more to those who like citrus fragrances like myself :)

Francop
Francop

A very average citrusy clone of the original with poor longevity

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

Menos estela, menos jabonosa y menos duración (en mi piel una hora menos apróximadamente comparando la original al mismo tiempo) .

Por lo demás, muy parecida a la original. En mi opinión, es una agua de colonia.

******

Less sillage, less soapy and less longevity ( one hour in my skin more or less comparing with the original at the same time).

The rest is very similar to the original. In my opinion is an eau de cologne.

bammragnarok
bammragnarok

very classic

sameh
sameh

wanna give it a try !

reiabaygar
reiabaygar

I cannot wait to get this one..hope this is a lot better than his brother...

Eau Pour Homme (new) by Giorgio Armani 3.81 out of 5 based on 92 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (new) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (new), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Pour Homme (new) by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Pour Homme (new) by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.