Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men
dislike

I have it: 325 I had it: 329 I want it: 111 My signature: 10

Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Videos
Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures Emporio Armani Lui Giorgio Armani for men Pictures

Emporio Armani Lui by Giorgio Armani is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Emporio Armani Lui was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier. Top notes are pineapple, mandarin orange, apple, sage, yuzu, bergamot, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, nutmeg, orris root, jasmine and rose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Pineapple Mandarin Orange Apple Sage Yuzu Bergamot Cardamom Lemon

Cyclamen Nutmeg Orris Root Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Homme.com
Mister Lomani

Emporio Armani Lui Fragrance Reviews

adamantyr
adamantyr

I received this as a gift from my girlfriend, and it has not disappointed!

I have seen reading other reviews that many complain either the US version is different or has been reformulated recently. (Probably to remove the oakmoss.) My version was a US tester, so I can't comment on the original.

On initial spray, I get a pleasant aromatic slightly spicy scent with some wood in the back. As it dries down, the cedar notes get stronger on my skin, until it smells like a rich old vintage cedar chest. No bad thing at all! I get some of the fruit and sweetness, but only at the beginning. Longevity was decent, around 6 hours.

If I have one complaint about this scent, it's that it's not particularly noteworthy. I've smelled other scents with a strong cedar wood note, and this one hasn't distinguished itself as one that is different from others.

Well worth a sniff, but don't drop too much money on a full bottle without testing it first.

Hafida
Hafida

My dearest one for men! Very elegant fragrance :).

merih
merih

One of the best fragrances for men. I love this!

psebi101
psebi101

My memories of this scent goes back a long way. I remember I've been impressed by it 7 years ago. Time has passed, things got in the way and I've only bought it at the beginning of this year. Frankly, it's just how I remember it to be. This is my favorite scent from the Armani designer range. It's fruity and woody, slightly sweet, warm, classy, well composed and when I wear it, I feel elegant.

Projection: 6/10

Eduardo1001
Eduardo1001

I purchased this in Paris not too long ago and I love it. Recently I found it in the USA and I tried it... I have to say, the USA version IS NOT THE SAME as the France version! They are way different from each other. The USA version has a very generic-typical even sweet smell and it doesn't last at all. The European version is strong, not sweet at all and it lasts for hours!. Overall, I recommend it, but the one from France of course!.

cdsabino
cdsabino

I have a bottle for sale $60 (3.4oz) 80% full bottle,
100% Authentic
USA and PayPal only
Message me if interested

tahir akbaş
tahir akbaş

I hate Armani for destroying this fantastic fragrance. I use it for years, but for my last 2 bottles I realised it has almost no sillage and protection at all; even if I spray nearly a bottle.

The scent is still a masterpiece but you have to lean your nose to the sprayed area for being able to smell it!!

viden359
viden359

i like it, but i don't know which one to get this or armani diamonds, i think this is better smelling but the projection and longivity are very poor.

Hellita
Hellita

I have only positive experiences with this! I remember guys who smelt good was wearing this during my High School years. This is very nice! I think most girls/women would enjoy this on a guy. I have complemented many guys when wearing Armani Lui (and I'm a girl who really appreciates men that smell good). Yesterday I walked behind a guy at the subway wearing this and I felt like a stalker, because whenever he moved I followed his track just to get another whiff of this. Haha! Luckily we don't have eyes in the back of our head ;)

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I received a sample off this several years ago and I was head over heals about it. It drove me crazy that I couldn't have it. Now I got this for my birthday and it sucks. The bouquet seems mellow and sad and it doesn't smell neither fresh nor interesting.

I'm disappointed.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

This is what I'll call a BBB (Bad Blind Buy) for me. Got it at TJ Maxx for $40...not exactly a discount, but I took a risk. I'm not saying that it's not a nice scent, I'm just saying that it's not that much different than some other men's fragrances that I've smelled before. And like some other men's fragrances it has a nagging note that I just can't bring myself to like and I'm beginning to think it's the bergamot or citrus notes when they're combined with cedar-not a good mix to my nose or stomach. With that said, I can see how others may like this scent as there is a kind of underlyng, sweet, soft woodiness that would be pleaseing if it weren't for the offending accord(whatever it is).

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

High school memories. This ,Britney spears and Columbine will always remind me of high school. This scent is so creamy and wonderful. The perfect scent

kostas37
kostas37

paixnidiariki kolwnia..glykia kremwdi wraia myrwdia..a8wa k sexy mazi.
diarkeia k entasi metries.
yperoxo metaliko elafri san paixnidi mpoukali.

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

This is an Armani?? Very poor .....

Layzie
Layzie

Emporio Armani Lui opens freshly with its fruity notes and sage. It immediately feels clean and slightly powdery yet contemporaneously sharp due to the citrus notes. The oak moss and cedar give this perfume a natural woodsy feel and the florals are very unassuming. There is also a slight musk that seems to pop in and out. It's all quite inviting.

This is the first perfume I ever purchased, and it's still my favourite. Emporio Armani Lui has a clean, masculine, and sophisticated tone that every lady in my life has loved. There is something sweet, warm, and charming about it. I remember taking walks at night, while she would intermittently turn to hold me tightly to take a big sniff. She loved that it was close to skin because it was solely for her to enjoy.

The longevity and sillage are a little weak, but this perfume has a well-behaved fruit melange with powdery-freshness that can be worn any time & anywhere.

sagarjanvekar
sagarjanvekar

Starts with barber SOPPY (not SOAPY )hand, in countries like Mexico, Africa, and India usually barber use millions shaving cream on hands and that sums up one sweet barber soppy hand fragrance…dry down its a magical fragrance…pretty close to skin not for flamboyant personalities …for less talkers and more walkers ….good one Armani

Steppero
Steppero

This smell is identical to english leather powder. very good smell

Molko
Molko

Amazing balmy/powder smell, I like it a lot, but after a half hour fades away, sillage is also nothing, the price is too high for this.

Marcus Monezi
Marcus Monezi

One of the best.
It is the perfume that I hear most compliments when I use.

Many people ask the name!!!!!

I disagree with many people here, because to me the longevity and sillage are great.
Very chic.
It's an Armani. Prove in a store and you see how it is PERFECT.

tavinver
tavinver

Much better than Armani Code.

vitilsky
vitilsky

I like it, but longevity is just 5 hours and sillage like 1-2 hours. Unacceptable for its price.

parissa1
parissa1

This is absolutely irresistible! A sex bomb under the parfumes and an allrounder for everytime and every season.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is very versatile. I could wear it anytime every seasons day & night

CORCOR
CORCOR

Girls do love this too - well I do so ill vouch for that oh and I mean smelling it on a man not wearing it , love Aramani aftershaves and this is one of the best :) Armani perfumes are just as good.

jonnyboy81
jonnyboy81

One of my top favorite scents of all time. I have been wearing this since high school. Great scent and women love it.

vega77nl
vega77nl

The only scent I liked so much it got me HOT!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A smooth, long lasting creamy barber shop style frag...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 1 mins- young, fresh, energetic, alcohol

1 mins - 2.5 hours - 1 foot projection. Complete change from the 1st minute to becoming the best barber shop/white t-shirt sytle frag that I have smelt to date. It is creamy and tonka bean and sandlewood are dominant, sexy and quite fresh. I don't get any citrus or fruit! I woudn't buy it myself as it feels a little dated and I personally like more modern frags, but I can smell that it is really good. This is the smell that I was expecting to get from Chanel Egoiste Platinum - that frag does not smell like this, but I think if Armani Lui was in a Chanel bottle, then all you would get is hype about it.

2.5 hours - 4.5 hours - 6 inch projection. Linear

4.5 hours - 7 hours- 1 inch projection

7 hours - 9 hours. close to skin. Faint smell the next day, which is lovely

Good

shycosid
shycosid

BEST EVER this is armani's best from the first bottle to todays bottle none can compare

Nebraska123
Nebraska123

Not a cologne I would have picked out myself. I had a girlfriend who bought this for me and wanted me to wear nothing else. It is fresh, masculine and long lasting. It is one of those cologne's that smells good on you and your clothes. In my experience women love the smell of this cologne and are intrigued by it. I am a fan of the simple elegance of the cologne and practicality of the bottle.

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

Love it on my boyfriend! Delicious! Love the Armani fragrances for men big time!

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Great trendy smell! Love it!!

Redpula
Redpula

i found a piece but price is too expensive like a thierry mugler fragrance so i decided not to buy it.
besides why buy an expensive fragrance, at least on that store, when the longevity and sillage is weak. id rather pass and look for other better scent with the same price or cheaper. talking about being practical these days.

Update: 3 years after I wrote what's above, I now owned a used 50/100ml bottle and for only $25.00 shipped here in Canada.
I still need to wear it in full for hours to see how the scent pyramid, projection and longevity matters. But I did a spray in my arm and wrist just now and after the strong initial alcohol intro comes a wonderful citrus with woods. The sharp woody note mentioned by one reviewer seems to be the cedar but it isn't bad to my nose and that sharp vibe lasted a few minutes only.
For sure longevity would be okay. The only drawback is though the scent is well blended and ladies would love to smell, it may not be smelled unless only on close encounters. So this is a beautiful to wear on a date especially during intimate moments. This fragrance kinda reminded me of Brooklyn by Bond no. 9 but less on citrus and cedar vibe. I now owned three tube kinda of Armani. The white for Him, the brown Lei and this black Lui. The Lei is for cold season and evenings. It's got a coffee or dark chocolate whiff and a sexy scent suitable for rainfall, fall and winter. The right occasion for Lei is on formal wearings and intimate moment. The White for Him is great to wear in
Spring and Summer, indoors and good on work scenes. This is fresh, boasting with very lemon bonly last in few minutes.
As for this Lui, it is not linear and wouldn't induce headache on me.

rudolf78
rudolf78

This one is great for summer times. The green notes in this fragrance are giving your body a real fresh boost. My favorite notes in this one are the woody notes especialy cedar. The smell of fresh cut grass is also nice. All said a stayer for me.

vertigo
vertigo

Emporio Armani Lui is a woody, dry citrus scent.
Not something special, but not bad also.

I get mostly dusty, dark cedar, oakmoss and orris root.
Soft citruses show only in the beginning.

Inoffensive and somewhat shy.

Fehdandoo Del Enzioo
Fehdandoo Del Enzioo

got it as a gift in 2004 ! and fell so madly inlove with it, finished it in a week .. ! when i wear it i feel hott! and had lots of luck with the ladies!

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It is perfect in every way.
And the female version of this perfume is also absolutely spectacular.

EXCELLENT.

hovvy
hovvy

Why the hate, one of my all time favourite fragrance. It reminds me of summer times but can be used all year round. The Yuzu does it. Any one know any similar fragrance i might like??

lanuitdephil
lanuitdephil

This one's a dud.

Bad projection, bad longevity and a generic citrus mixed with some woods. No recognition value whatsoever.
It's inoffensiv but bores you to death.

Considering Armani charges you a premium for this one I'm baffled by its popularity.

mj9999
mj9999

Good fragrance...However, longevity is very very short for me (<2hrs)... Has similar chemist fragrance called Bench Vento sold here in the Philippines for around $3...its available in the US already, so for those wanting to have a lighter version, check it out...

Iulix_73
Iulix_73

One of the best perfume that I had (and I had more)! Superb long-term persistence, a fresh-style. Rating 9.5 out of 10.

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

great fragance, very fresh, i love this one, its for young people

AndyArmani
AndyArmani

My very first fragrance. The chicks really dug it ten years ago, but I haven't worn it in five. The scent is sweet yet masculine, but it may come across a bit "plastic" in my terms. Anyways, a classic in my book.

Despite the lengthy note list, this is an amzingly well-blended and very rich scent. Thanks, Natt for the sample! :-)

Along with the usual citrus melange (bergamot, grapefruit and mandarin) this adds some tart green apple and juicy pineapple, but doesn't stop there. Sage gives it a dry greeness and cardamom smooths and warms. Much more luxurious than a typical citrus scent to me. The dry floral heart is subtle and warmly elegant with the sprinkling of nutmeg. The finish is warm, woody and oriental with just enough powdery soapiness to make it clean, but still sexy, and very manly with a subtle sweet spiciness.

Sillage: quite good
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.5/5

I always hated it when people said "Nice, but no _____"; however, this is a classy scent and obviously Armani, but (to me) nothing to write home about. I have six other Armani mens scents and one women's (Code), and they are all a bit better than this IMHO. But the longer it develops on my skin, the better it gets, so: Not quite a love, but more than a like! For the right (bargain) price, I would add a FB of this to my collection.

knightlore
knightlore

I love this fragrance well worth the money, it doesn't last more than 6 hours but its lovely!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Although I snob Armani, I remember my brother had this when I was a teenager and I really loved the smell.
The smell itself is great, i would recommend it for professional, clean men.
Problem being that the sillage is weak, and although it lasts a long time it need to be reapplied often, otherwise you're press your nose to you arm just to smell it. If you can get the 3.4oz for $40-55au I suppose it's worth it.

Olive skinned men need avoid, as the paler skinned men wear it well, but it doesn't react as well on olive skin.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A good fragrance, and nothing else. It has a very smooth opening and slightly citrus soft sparkling like champagne, followed by middle and base notes very soft and prone to flowers, slightly female flowers without losing the style, like baby powder (I note rose can well describe this effect.)

Ended up being a simple and elegant fragrance, and lasts about eight hours on my skin. Can be used just for young men, preferably by younger than 35 year old. The fragance could be a little bit femenine.

usl997
usl997

I very much like this perfume! I feel like a young executive everytime iwear this. The scent is clean, modern, classy and uncommon. I always get good compliments for this. The scent somehow make me feel smart and witty, maybe because of it's corporate scent. Highly recommended!

VanAllan
VanAllan

This was my very first fragrance back in 1998, I wore it religiously and gain attention from a lot of girls and now, after 12 years, it seems like yesterday and we meet again just to remind me of those wonderful times and why I enjoyed that masculine smell so much.

I still think it's a classic & timeless combination of notes which I find, even now, very hard to explain: it has fruits and aromatic herbs, it's spicy, flowery and musky-woody all together, it's....a truly wonderful fragrance,the best from Armani male offerings, appropriate for all ages and occasions.

The sillage and lasting power are indeed moderate (5-7 hrs, on an acid skin like mine), but really, who cares when it feels so good and it tends to stay hidden just to reveal itself when you expect less and even for that I love it.

I'm glad I bought this again with the promise that we will never be apart again, and keep it close to me and my top 5. My humble rank: 9.5/10. ☣☣☣☣☣

dm8m
dm8m

Emporio armani He used to be my most favorite fragrance. I used it everyday before.

There are scents that I used to like before but i can't see myself using it now & liking it now the way I used to.

However, this is one of those scents that I can still see myself using it even now.

Jave26
Jave26

When I first smelled this fragrance I thought it was ok, everyone I knew had it so to me it was nothing special. 10 yrs later I decide to retry it and I'm glad I did this smells really good a very pleasant scent not sold everywhere everyone doesn't have it anymore. Some people can't believe it's Emporio Armani He that I'm wearing which is nice to hear when your wearing an Armani product so a thumbs up even though I wish it lasted just a little bit longer.

periquito89
periquito89

I'm going against the majority here. Good smell (it is to be fresh, citrus and aromatic), may be great for the people around you ... but since I like to enjoy the scents myself, I find this too synthetic. I had a great impression at first, but I got tired of it faster than I would wish.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It is a young, soft and pleasant fragrance.
The bottle is strong and masculine.
The problem of this fragrance is its lasting: it is weak and not worth the price that costs!

Mpirev
Mpirev

I love it,i must say it`s a classic,very sophisticated,great fragrance!

acc
acc

one of the best fragrances ever. class, sensuality, longevity, complexity, modernity, sophistication all in one.

Alexey
Alexey

I got a sample of it from my boyfriend... it is to die for!

deox
deox

I love this one since years. Girls love too. Took several compliments about this at the office.

Emporio Armani Lui by Giorgio Armani 4.03 out of 5 based on 418 ratings and 56 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani Lui fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani Lui, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Emporio Armani Lui by Giorgio Armani. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Emporio Armani Lui by Giorgio Armani represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.